PDA

View Full Version : Predict your upset game : Week 9

Radagast
10-30-2019, 01:29 PM
Picking a week 9 upset may be difficult. However I'll give it a try.

Oakland's Raiders

to upset

Detroit's Lions

RashanGary
10-30-2019, 01:32 PM
Ravens over patriots
Titans over panthers
Sacksonville over wattless Texans

MadtownPacker
10-30-2019, 01:35 PM
Chargers over.... oops!!

RashanGary
10-30-2019, 01:41 PM
Titans secondary is ridiculously smart and savvy. I was surprised to see them beat up so badly by Tampa, but in hindsight it makes sense. Godwin and Evans are the best 1/2 WR combo in football. The titans win with savvy, unpredictability and cohesiveness more than with raw physical ability. Bucs came out swinging with their raw talent and titans couldn’t stop them both. Evans had a day!

Panthers just can’t do that. They can’t, can’t, can’t. In fact, I think the Titans have the savvy back 7 to come up with a plan to stop Christian McCaffrey first and the Panthers dont have much else so I don’t see them finding a other way.

Before injuries are known, I’m leaning Titans but I’ll update later. I like a few this week.

RashanGary
10-30-2019, 01:46 PM
Chargers over.... oops!!

If they get both their starting DL back and we still don’t have Adams, it’s possible.

texaspackerbacker
10-30-2019, 03:03 PM
A lot of toss up games this week, and the few that aren't are too obvious to predict an upset.

George Cumby
10-30-2019, 04:45 PM
Chargers over.... oops!!

Serious trap game potential, imo.

Cheesehead Craig
10-30-2019, 05:05 PM
Picking a week 9 upset may be difficult. However I'll give it a try.

Oakland's Raiders

to upset

Detroit's Lions

Oakland is favored by 2, so not an upset.

Cheesehead Craig
10-30-2019, 05:12 PM
I'm leaning Titans over Carolina too.

MadtownPacker
10-30-2019, 05:24 PM
Serious trap game potential, imo.Rivers does draw up a few masterpieces every season.

Radagast
10-30-2019, 05:26 PM
Oakland is favored by 2, so not an upset.

Detroit is the better team IMO, so I'm at odds with the odds.

RashanGary
10-30-2019, 05:53 PM
Detroit is the better team IMO, so I'm at odds with the odds.

The Raiders ball control offense and decent defensive front give them a punchers chance against any team on any day. Keep the ball away from great offenses. Neutralize great pass rush and then (IF) they score in the redzone and find a way to come out on the plus side of the turnover battle, they can beat anyone. New England, Baltimore, Kansas City, New Orleans, Green Bay, SF, Philly, Dallas....

To me, Oakland’s style is the the most unpredictable kind because it takes possessions away and leaves the game more in the hands of chance.

RashanGary
10-30-2019, 05:55 PM
New Orleans is an Oakland style team on steroids. Likely to win a whole damn bunch but the ball control offense makes it so one or two little bad runs at the end can lead to a loss

RashanGary
11-02-2019, 11:31 AM
I have some small parlays out there with Baltimore, Green Bay, Philly, Tennessee and Jax in there.

But my bigger bet game down to either Philly covering 4.5 at home against Chicago or GB covering 4 on the road against SD.

It was a weird week. The players got Monday off, then they crammed the rest in on tues, weds, Thursday.... they travelled a day early on Friday. Just a weird week. So I took Philly instead.

Philly got their secondary healthy now. Jackson is back part time it looks. They’re desperate. And the Bears can’t move the ball at all. Bears defense can be good, but Wentz is so competitive and talented. He’s gonna score.

Not an upset, but I gave Philly covering this week based on their need to win, their quality QB and the Bears dreadful offense.

Radagast
11-02-2019, 12:10 PM
I have some small parlays out there with Baltimore, Green Bay, Philly, Tennessee and Jax in there.

But my bigger bet game down to either Philly covering 4.5 at home against Chicago or GB covering 4 on the road against SD.

It was a weird week. The players got Monday off, then they crammed the rest in on tues, weds, Thursday.... they travelled a day early on Friday. Just a weird week. So I took Philly instead.

Philly got their secondary healthy now. Jackson is back part time it looks. They’re desperate. And the Bears can’t move the ball at all. Bears defense can be good, but Wentz is so competitive and talented. He’s gonna score.

Not an upset, but I gave Philly covering this week based on their need to win, their quality QB and the Bears dreadful offense.

Good luck, hope your bet is money that you can afford to loose. That's my prime betting rule.

MadtownPacker
11-03-2019, 07:08 PM
Kinda went down like this.