PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Clark’s quiet season??

RashanGary
10-31-2019, 06:30 PM
He was our best defender going into the season. Where is he now?

Z, P, Alexander, King, Amos

Is he doing more than meets the stat lines eye? He doesn’t seem to be making the splash plays where he tosses guys around this year... wonder why??

Joemailman
10-31-2019, 07:06 PM
His tackle numbers are comparable to last year. However, his TFL's and QB hits are way down. Perhaps without Daniels he is drawing more double teams than last year?

Bossman641
10-31-2019, 09:44 PM
Pretty sure he's injured. First couple games he was great and been off ever since.

RashanGary
10-31-2019, 10:25 PM
Pretty sure he's injured. First couple games he was great and been off ever since.

That’s what I’ve seen too. Going into Viking game, their offense was saying he was our best player. He’s been quiet since really.

RashanGary
10-31-2019, 10:27 PM
Wonder if he’ll be able to bounce back after the bye.... they’re calling his injury shin. I don’t know what that means exactly. Shin injury??

Fritz
11-01-2019, 08:31 AM
He does seem far less effective, and as Kenny Clark goes, so goes the defense, in my estimation.

I think they'd benefit by reducing his workload and resting him during the week. That will help Gute in negotiations, too...

pittstang5
11-01-2019, 10:46 AM
I definitely think he's not 100%. Just pure speculation since I don't key in on every player, every play - but he's probably being double teamed, alot. When you have him, then Lancaster, Lowry or Adams, teams can afford to double team Clark. The other guys aren't anywhere near Clark's caliber. They're not horrible, but they are not Clark.

RashanGary
11-01-2019, 10:56 AM
I definitely think he's not 100%. Just pure speculation since I don't key in on every player, every play - but he's probably being double teamed, alot. When you have him, then Lancaster, Lowry or Adams, teams can afford to double team Clark. The other guys aren't anywhere near Clark's caliber. They're not horrible, but they are not Clark.

Going into Vikings game, Vikings players said he was our best player. He had 1.5 sacks in two games. He was, by my memory, tossing people around like we’re accustomed to seeing. Since he’s had zeros sacks and I dont recall him tossing anyone around.

After the week 2 Viking game, he showed up on the injury report in week 3 with a calf. It’s been a mix of calf, knee and shin since. He has zero sacks and doesn’t appear to be making much impact.

Seems like something is wrong for sure

RashanGary
11-01-2019, 11:00 AM
I wonder if Clark is part of the reason Z and Preston have so many sacks.... Andy Reid said Z and P are excellent football players, but it’s a perfect scheme for them too. I don’t know what he meant exactly by that. Maybe Clark is doing dirty work this year. I don’t know....

It’s kind of an unpleasant surprise to not have Clark playing at the level we thought though.... so wondering if anyone has a better read on it than I do

pbmax
11-01-2019, 11:01 AM
So let's assume injured. Does not signing or trading for a big body make you think the team thinks he will heal up?

RashanGary
11-01-2019, 11:05 AM
So let's assume injured. Does not signing or trading for a big body make you think the team thinks he will heal up?

Hmmm??

Will be interesting to see this one play out. Unfortunately for Clark, this is his potential one year early contract year. Not what he’s looking for.

pbmax
11-01-2019, 11:25 AM
Hmmm??

Will be interesting to see this one play out. Unfortunately for Clark, this is his potential one year early contract year. Not what he’s looking for.

Schedule might not allow it, but would like him to get the basketballer extra bench time just before or after the bye week.

run pMc
11-01-2019, 11:34 AM
He's hurt and playing a large % of snaps. That takes a toll on a big man playing in the trenches. If they hit on Keke (I think Adams is just ok) that will help him out. Lancaster and Lowry are solid but they are what they are. They don't have anyone besides Clark who demands a double team or can really threaten with an inside pass rush (unless you slide Gary or Z inside, but that's a 3rd and long move).

I don't think they'd be any better had they kept Daniels. Many would be bitching about his contract and production - he's been hurt and barely played for DET this year.

RashanGary
11-01-2019, 12:14 PM
Schedule might not allow it, but would like him to get the basketballer extra bench time just before or after the bye week.

I thought of that too. But McCaffrey and the SF run game aren’t the teams to take our best interior DL out for. Just a bad set of circumstances here.

esoxx
11-01-2019, 01:57 PM
My guess is Gary's suckitude has rubbed off on him and that is the reason for his underwhelming season. (I like to rhyme).

So, contrary to urban myth, he doesn't make those around him better.

Thus, I hereby proclaim Rashan Gary the Anti-Baconator(TM).

pbmax
11-01-2019, 03:58 PM
My guess is Gary's suckitude has rubbed off on him and that is the reason for his underwhelming season. (I like to rhyme).

Brussel Sprout-n-ator.

RashanGary
11-01-2019, 05:40 PM

Whoa.... stop. We’ve all accepted baconator as a sarcastic way to say Gary sucks. What you’re proposing goes against deeply ingrained Packerrat culture. I cannot stand idol while you attempt to bring chaos to our order.

Joemailman
11-01-2019, 05:44 PM

Clark's lack of production is a little scary

But I don't think you can blame it on Rashan Gary

Tony Oday
11-01-2019, 11:19 PM
He is really not that good this year.

pbmax
11-02-2019, 07:59 AM
He is really not that good this year.

He's not the best colorman in the league for nothing, folks!

Upnorth
11-02-2019, 11:43 PM
I honestly think Clark is taking up blockers and helping everyone else out. He maybe Injured but is still playing at a high level.

RashanGary
11-03-2019, 08:02 AM
I honestly think Clark is taking up blockers and helping everyone else out. He maybe Injured but is still playing at a high level.

I did think this was a possibilty. When I watch football now, as a gambler, I look at overall run defense and pass defense less so at an individual player.... but I do notice when individual players make a bunch of big plays.

It did cross my mind that Clark could be making life easier on the Smiths, who are both having career years.

Upnorth
11-03-2019, 08:54 AM
As mentioned earlier in the thread, Clark is making everyone around him look better. Anyone thinking fakewell would have gotten any sacks last year with out Clark?

RashanGary
11-03-2019, 08:59 AM
As mentioned earlier in the thread, Clark is making everyone around him look better. Anyone thinking fakewell would have gotten any sacks last year with out Clark?

I’m gonna watch him closer this week. I was curious if someone was seeing something I wasn’t.

RashanGary
11-10-2019, 07:03 PM

:five:

Joemailman
11-10-2019, 07:05 PM
Clark was great today. His best game of the year. He's been hurt and playing a ton of snaps. Bye week should help him.

gbgary
11-10-2019, 07:17 PM
not so quiet today. *thumbs up*

Upnorth
11-10-2019, 07:22 PM
Clark was great today. His best game of the year. He's been hurt and playing a ton of snaps. Bye week should help him.

Second best game. He was dominant in the Vikings game