PDA

View Full Version : Not as bad as it felt

RashanGary
11-03-2019, 06:49 PM
Packers have had long season with no bye yet. They took Monday off for first time all season. Players had halloween party. Then they traveled west to play unfamiliar AFC team that just got healthy last week on offense, has HOF QB and is finding their groove.

Penalties put offense in worst possible situation to start game and underrated Chargers offense took clock away further compounding the penalties affect.

That was a really bad situation going in with the way the week played out and then the start of the game. It's not as bad as it looked. Really glad you can only get one loss per game cuz we deserved 3 there.

But reset, get the young guys on track and that can be a good loss.

RashanGary
11-03-2019, 06:53 PM
Truly think that’s a good loss. I was just drooling over a Charger bet real soon. I was just hoping it wasn’t this week that they broke out.

red
11-03-2019, 06:54 PM
the defense didn't stop anything (fgs were better then tds, but they were still points)

offense didn't absolutely nothing until they were down 3 scores late

special teams was blah again. even had a punt blocked (when was the last time we allowed one of those?)

coach never adjusted

and that changers offence didn't look all that great to be honest

so yeah, it probably was as bad as it looked, i can't really say, i just had it on for background noise

RashanGary
11-03-2019, 06:55 PM
The LA heat wore us down at the end too. Just a whole bunch of worst case there. It’s gonna be ok!!! I’m gonna bet on it!

RashanGary
11-03-2019, 06:55 PM
Completely heathy! Adams healthy! It’s gonna be OK!!!

red
11-03-2019, 06:56 PM
The LA heat wore us down at the end too. Just a whole bunch of worst case there. It’s gonna be ok!!! I’m gonna bet on it!

that doesn't make sense because we sucking coming right out of the gate, before the heat wore us down

what did we have. 10 total yards in the first half?

RashanGary
11-03-2019, 07:01 PM
that doesn't make sense because we sucking coming right out of the gate, before the heat wore us down

what did we have. 10 total yards in the first half?

Penalties and then not covering our OTs got us down. The defense did its part by keeping them out of the end zone early but the heat wore them down.

Bad week with the way the guys had the Halloween party and then had to travel west. Then the game started worst possible way and the heat finished the defense off. I do think we’re better than that

RashanGary
11-03-2019, 07:02 PM
I’m excited to see the Panthers betting line. Imma take the Packers .

Joemailman
11-03-2019, 07:02 PM
Rodgers said he felt the offense lacked focus today. Mistakes being made they don't normally make. Didn't offer any theories on why it happened.

This loss is mostly on the offense. This was a 6-0 game until the last play of the 1st half. Defense gave the offense plenty opportunity to get their act together. They never did.

RashanGary
11-03-2019, 07:03 PM
Rodgers said he felt the offense lacked focus today. Mistakes being made they don't normally make. Didn't offer any theories on why it happened.

This loss is mostly on the offense. This was a 6-0 game until the last play of the 1st half. Defense gave the offense plenty opportunity to get their act together. They never did.

Yep. It’s ok. They’ll clean that up. They’re gonna be better for this loss.

red
11-03-2019, 07:04 PM

did he include himself in the whole lack of focus thing, or did he just blame everyone else like usual?

mraynrand
11-03-2019, 07:05 PM
I actually think they are worse than they looked. Because if a team can just take a day off like that, and just shrug it off and not even appear mildly upset, there's no hope. They got physically manhandled and did nothing to respond. The least they could have done was to run, run, run the ball right at those pass rushers, and exact a physical toll, but they just took it up the ass like Ned Beatty and said "Are we squealing the way you like it, Masters Bosa and Ingram?"

MadtownPacker
11-03-2019, 07:06 PM
The LA heat?? Hahaha!!! It was mild today. Maybe someone stayed out too late with his ex boyfriend in LA.

mraynrand
11-03-2019, 07:07 PM
The LA heat?? Hahaha!!! It was mild today. Maybe someone stayed out too late with his ex boyfriend in LA.

shots fired

Joemailman
11-03-2019, 07:07 PM
did he include himself in the whole lack of focus thing, or did he just blame everyone else like usual?

He didn't single out or absolve any individual. He did say he was just referring to the offense.

red
11-03-2019, 07:08 PM
I actually think they are worse than they looked. Because if a team can just take a day off like that, and just shrug it off and not even appear mildly upset, there's no hope. They got physically manhandled and did nothing to respond. The least they could have done was to run, run, run the ball right at those pass rushers, and exact a physical toll, but they just took it up the ass like Ned Beatty and said "Are we squealing the way you like it, Masters Bosa and Ingram?"

yeah. i know we were behind all day, but the pass to run ratio was around 4-1

and the pass game wasn't working at all

red
11-03-2019, 07:10 PM

wasn't it like 70's there?

i chucked when i saw the team had up a giant umbrella to block out the boiling sun

RashanGary
11-03-2019, 07:10 PM

Williams ran hard. The OL played pissed off and blocked hard

mraynrand
11-03-2019, 07:14 PM

I'm sorry, I must have been watching a different game. In the game I watched, the OL consistently got smoked by fast DEs and ran 11 times for 45 yards.

MadtownPacker
11-03-2019, 07:15 PM
shots firedMoney ones.

mraynrand
11-03-2019, 07:17 PM
Money ones.

speaking of which, I thought Tony Romo was going to need a change of underwear after talking about Rodgers' 64 yard pass that had no chance of being completed.

MadtownPacker
wasn't it like 70's there?

i chucked when i saw the team had up a giant umbrella to block out the boiling sunLow 80s but don’t stop RashanGary from
Making excuses for the GOAT.

Bretsky

We had an opportunity to step ahead of our Division and we completely shit all over ourselves

The OL should be pissed off; SD made them their bitches all day. We had no consistent run or pass until SD dropped back into the prevent when they were ahead by 3 scores.

This was sheer domination. The Chargers run all over us and moved the ball at will. If they could have converted TD's it would have been worse.

Then when all of Wisconsin knew they were going to run run run we stacked the box and still failed to get a stop and they ran the clock out.

MadtownPacker
11-03-2019, 07:18 PM
speaking of which, I thought Tony Romo was going to need a change of underwear after talking about Rodgers' 64 yard pass that had no chance of being completed.Acting like the new Madden.

Bretsky
11-03-2019, 07:18 PM
I'm sorry, I must have been watching a different game. In the game I watched, the OL consistently got smoked by fast DEs and ran 11 times for 45 yards.

ditto

Rastak
11-03-2019, 07:19 PM

LOL.....fucking Mad just cracked me up.

MadtownPacker
11-03-2019, 07:20 PM
The good news is this loss increases the chance to win versus SF IMO.

MadtownPacker
11-03-2019, 07:21 PM
LOL.....fucking Mad just cracked me up.
https://youtu.be/IWINtUCshxY

pbmax
11-03-2019, 07:24 PM
I dunno about the run. It showed some life a couple of times, but they averaged 4.1 yards. It wasn't yielding first downs.

And those penalties really took run opportunities away in at least three, maybe four drives. If you don't possess the ball, you won't get to your plays. If its always 3rd and 6 and longer, you're gonna be passing more.

Would have liked to see more running. But I am not sure it was the solution. They were not ready on offense to pass at all. There were about three plays that looked clean in the first half. It was a huge mess.

pbmax
11-03-2019, 07:25 PM
[video=youtube_share;IWINt.be/IWINtUCshxY[/video]

He meant like a clown.

esoxx
11-03-2019, 07:27 PM
It's worse than it felt as Chargers physically dominated on both sides of the ball. They got rag dolled.

Rastak
11-03-2019, 07:27 PM
Ain't no sound. I never saw the movie despite being a big Sopranos guy. My Great grandfather came over from Sicily so I have a huge Italian family as you might guess.

MadtownPacker
11-03-2019, 07:35 PM
He meant like a clown.He did huh! Fucking snitch!

Just when I though my opinion of Vikings couldn’t get any lower Ras says he hadn’t watch Goodfellas.

pbmax
11-03-2019, 07:41 PM
He did huh! Fucking snitch!

Just when I though my opinion of Vikings couldn’t get any lower Ras says he hadn’t watch Goodfellas.

Know a few Sicilians whose parents did not let them watch Godfather or other gangster movies. They felt the entire premise was a slur and a stereotype.

Freak Out
11-03-2019, 08:06 PM

I'm with Rand here...they lost every phase of the game and never really fought back. When Arod is getting his ass handed to him run the ball. The running game looked good when the OL wasn't fucking it up.

Gotarace
11-03-2019, 08:45 PM
Packers have had long season with no bye yet. They took Monday off for first time all season. Players had halloween party. Then they traveled west to play unfamiliar AFC team that just got healthy last week on offense, has HOF QB and is finding their groove.

Penalties put offense in worst possible situation to start game and underrated Chargers offense took clock away further compounding the penalties affect.

That was a really bad situation going in with the way the week played out and then the start of the game. It's not as bad as it looked. Really glad you can only get one loss per game cuz we deserved 3 there.

This Coming from the Guy that was ready to Jump off the Golden Gate Bridge in Game Day Chat? I was with others and had to turn off the Computer before i Drown in your Tears....Hope your Meds get Re-Filled on Monday...

RashanGary
11-03-2019, 08:51 PM
This Coming from the Guy that was ready to Jump off the Golden Gate Bridge in Game Day Chat? I was with others and had to turn off the Computer before i Drown in your Tears....Hope your Meds get Re-Filled on Monday...

That’s the first time I’ve ever threw a fit In the game day thread. Yeah. I didn’t take the loss well, as it was happening

MadtownPacker
11-03-2019, 09:21 PM
This Coming from the Guy that was ready to Jump off the Golden Gate Bridge in Game Day Chat? I was with others and had to turn off the Computer before i Drown in your Tears....Hope your Meds get Re-Filled on Monday...Haha! He is a headcase huh? The craziest thing I did in GB was get into a car with this fucker. :lol:

RashanGary
11-03-2019, 09:54 PM
Haha! He is a headcase huh? The craziest thing I did in GB was get into a car with this fucker. :lol:

:lol:

texaspackerbacker
11-03-2019, 10:02 PM
It's worse than it felt as Chargers physically dominated on both sides of the ball. They got rag dolled.

This pretty accurately describes it. Both our O Line and our D Line got exposed as weak and crappy. We can't stop anybody's running game without cheating up and leaving our DBs in single pass coverage - and the DBs haven't been up to the challenge. That got exposed in the Denver game, and everybody has been exploiting it ever since. The twin clods from Northwestern in the middle are primarily to blame.

On offense, our O Line which hasn't been as bad as most recent years fell back to total crap today both run plays and pass plays. I thought Rodgers' mobility would save the day against that big pass rush, but inexplicably, he failed to use the mobility - preferring to do what so many in here crave - get rid of the ball quick. I have to think LaFleur is telling him to do it his way instead of moving around and "taking too much time" to throw to somebody who is open like the ignorant haters whine about - even though it has worked extremely well for years. The only thing more stupid than telling your mobile QB to stay in the pocket and get rid of the ball quick would be telling him to throw it into coverage that a lot of QBs around the league do, and which incredibly, some fools actually want Rodgers to do.

RashanGary
11-03-2019, 10:19 PM
I really Hope Vegas overreacts like Packer fans. I love opportunities to bet against the herd!

Anti-Polar Bear
11-04-2019, 01:55 AM
speaking of which, I thought Tony Romo was going to need a change of underwear after talking about Rodgers' 64 yard pass that had no chance of being completed.

Metcalf would've caught that one. 4.3 40, yo!

Anti-Polar Bear
11-04-2019, 02:04 AM
This pretty accurately describes it. Both our O Line and our D Line got exposed as weak and crappy. We can't stop anybody's running game without cheating up and leaving our DBs in single pass coverage - and the DBs haven't been up to the challenge. That got exposed in the Denver game, and everybody has been exploiting it ever since. The twin clods from Northwestern in the middle are primarily to blame.

On offense, our O Line which hasn't been as bad as most recent years fell back to total crap today both run plays and pass plays. I thought Rodgers' mobility would save the day against that big pass rush, but inexplicably, he failed to use the mobility - preferring to do what so many in here crave - get rid of the ball quick. I have to think LaFleur is telling him to do it his way instead of moving around and "taking too much time" to throw to somebody who is open like the ignorant haters whine about - even though it has worked extremely well for years. The only thing more stupid than telling your mobile QB to stay in the pocket and get rid of the ball quick would be telling him to throw it into coverage that a lot of QBs around the league do, and which incredibly, some fools actually want Rodgers to do.

Word.

OL and DL indeed suck. But you forgot to mention something else. Wankers couldn't get open, at least that was the case in the1st half before I switched channel to Fox News out of shame.

australianpackerbacker
11-04-2019, 03:58 AM

Were still 1 or 2 blue chip players away from a superbowl title. Make that 3 if Sternberger is a bust. 1 blue chip receiver, defensive end and maybe tight end. Look at Brady losing security blanket Gronkowski.

oldbutnotdeadyet
11-04-2019, 05:20 AM
The worst I felt about a game in a long long time. We couldn't stop anything. The offensive line at times looked laughable, literally looking like they were blocking air as the charger guys blew by them. For the most part, our receivers could not get open, not that it mattered as Rodgers didn't have any time. Our coaching staff had the deer in the headlights look for the whole game, no emotion, no adjustments, no nothing. Defense was a tad better as I did see a few plays where we got pressure on Rivers, but very few. No, this WAS as bad as it looked, a complete shitshow. The players should feel ashamed today.

yetisnowman
11-04-2019, 08:18 AM
What sucks is it didn't have an aberration, one-off type vibe imo. The defense had been playing poorly for a few weeks, it was GB that needed flukey plays and TOs to actually stop the other team. Our defense isn't good. They just aren't. Blake Martinez is trash, and he is suppposed to be one of our defensive anchors. Amos looks like HaHa 2.0. The young DBs have been ok, but still give up too much leverage which leads to conversions even if they aren't giving up a lot of big Tds in man coverage. Kenny Clark has been a non factor. The Smiths will end the year with productive sack numbers, but how much havoc have they consistently wreaked? Neither are very good at stopping the run.
Offense not much better. Bulaga and Baktiari appear to be rapidly regressing. And ho hum what do you do know, our 2-6 receivers have no consistent ability to get open.
This would feel a lot better if AR had a couple of tipped INTs, and we muffed a punt or something. But I saw a 3-5 team with a pretty significant talent advantage at multiple key levels.

gbgary
11-04-2019, 08:37 AM

https://youtu.be/7ykft85Zgx0

run pMc
11-04-2019, 09:48 AM
Felt pretty bad to me. This was an ugly loss and was the worst they've looked this season. Hopefully they can bounce back.

red
11-04-2019, 11:02 AM
https://youtu.be/7ykft85Zgx0

Thanks for that, nice to hear him say, “Myself first”

Zool
11-04-2019, 11:29 AM
At least it wasn't Lovie Smith's Fighting Illini?

pbmax
11-04-2019, 12:00 PM

Tom Oates posted a story this weekend and the Tweet linking to it was "Two losses in a row don't..." and I thought I had missed a Badger game. Completely forgot about the Champagne Calamity. Thanks for the reminder.

MadtownPacker
11-05-2019, 10:10 AM
It was as bad as it felt. It is also the best thing that can happen to a team at this part of the season IMO. I think Rodgers is as shitty a person as he is as great a QB. I have said before an angry ARod is a better ARod. I feel sorry for the Panthers this week. :lol:

Joemailman
11-05-2019, 11:09 AM
What sucks is it didn't have an aberration, one-off type vibe imo. The defense had been playing poorly for a few weeks, it was GB that needed flukey plays and TOs to actually stop the other team. Our defense isn't good. They just aren't. Blake Martinez is trash, and he is suppposed to be one of our defensive anchors. Amos looks like HaHa 2.0. The young DBs have been ok, but still give up too much leverage which leads to conversions even if they aren't giving up a lot of big Tds in man coverage. Kenny Clark has been a non factor. The Smiths will end the year with productive sack numbers, but how much havoc have they consistently wreaked? Neither are very good at stopping the run.
Offense not much better. Bulaga and Baktiari appear to be rapidly regressing. And ho hum what do you do know, our 2-6 receivers have no consistent ability to get open.
This would feel a lot better if AR had a couple of tipped INTs, and we muffed a punt or something. But I saw a 3-5 team with a pretty significant talent advantage at multiple key levels.

Based on this, LaFleur must be the next Lombardi to be 7-2. I take that back. Lombardi was 4-5 at this point in his 1st year.

mraynrand
11-05-2019, 11:30 AM
They took Monday off for first time all season. Players had halloween party.

If Rodgers dressed up as the Gimp, that might explain this loss.

Joemailman
11-05-2019, 11:54 AM
Bulaga and Bakhtiari went as bullfighters. Ole'!

https://images.theweek.com/sites/default/files/styles/tw_image_9_4/public/173410960.jpg?itok=FvknIKkK

Freak Out
11-05-2019, 12:18 PM
If Rodgers dressed up as the Gimp, that might explain this loss.

Wake him up!

Cheesehead Craig
11-05-2019, 12:31 PM

Ouch. No need for that.

beveaux1
11-05-2019, 01:36 PM
I'm the first to say that the defense didn't cause us to lose this game. Giving up 26 points is not an overwhelming deficit to overcome for
our offense, which had ramped up its game the last couple of weeks.

I'm just very unimpressed with a defense that changed both outside LBs and changed both safeties for better players from a year ago. They've lost
one starting DL from last year and they're playing their preferred CBs, both of them top draft picks, and both healthy. One starting CB from last year can't
see the field (Jackson), and another former starting S or CB (Williams) can only see spot duty.

We spent heavily to strengthen this defense, and the results are pretty poor. Between the 20s, we rarely even force a 3rd down. The middle of the field
is wide open, and our highly praised CBs don't seem to be able to cover man to man on the outside. We've given up more plays of over 40 yards than
any team in the NFL. We can't get off the field on 3rd down unless the opposing team is inside the 10. Except for about 5 plays a game, our pass rush
doesn't get close to the opposing QB. Except for the red zone, this looks like every defense we've fielded in the past 5 years.

I thought Pettine was the master of the exotic blitz. He never blitzes and he never gets pressure...and they never get off the field. I'm really beginning
to wonder why we didn't spend the big bucks in free agency on WRs, OL, and a backup QB so that we'd never have to worry about outscoring the
other team.

I know what we have on offense, a great QB, one very good WR, two good complimentary backs, a decent OL, and JAGs everywhere else.
Our defense, even with all the draft and free agency emphasis we've put on it, has been pretty crappy. Either that or our DC can't use the talent he's
been given. One or the other.

Fritz
11-05-2019, 01:51 PM
The title of this thread reminds me of what Drew Barrymore said to me while we were smoking cigarettes in bed afterward.

SudsMcBucky
11-05-2019, 02:40 PM
The title of this thread reminds me of what Drew Barrymore said to me while we were smoking cigarettes in bed afterward.

Is Drew the one at the toilet? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqZGLJIaaI8

Fritz
11-07-2019, 06:42 PM
Is Drew the one at the toilet? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqZGLJIaaI8

No, Drew Barrymore is a classy broad. She only farted.