PDA

View Full Version : You can add any player to this Packers team (whole term) Who you taking??

RashanGary
11-11-2019, 06:58 PM
Whole term means considering long term and short term.....

You’d almost be tempted to take Mahomes because he’s so young and the long term impact.

But then you could go Aaron Donald for right now impact to get AR a couple rings

Or you could blend to two and take a guy like Jamaal Adams who would move Amos to linebacker and make us the most athletic, talented back 7 on the league. Plus Adams should play for 15 years so you get long term too.......

I guess I’m gonna go for the win now approach and take Aaron Donald. Clark/Donald and the Smiths would be the best pass rush 4-some I’ve ever seen on one team. Our defense would be elite. I wanna see our guys win now plus i think it’s a better bet than hoping to get one in 12-15 years with Mahomes

RashanGary
11-11-2019, 07:01 PM
I don’t like Mahomes tail bone pad that gives him diaper butt. I can’t take Mahomes for that reason

RashanGary
11-11-2019, 07:03 PM
Or you could take mahomes and trade him for 4 firsts and 4 seconds :lol:

SudsMcBucky
11-13-2019, 10:37 AM
I'd be half tempted to take Darius Leonard. A young player at a desperate position of need. Would make our D shored up in an critical area for both the short and long term. And he's still only a 2nd year player. On the cheap with many years ahead.

Upnorth
11-13-2019, 11:14 AM
Nick bosa, make our d line amazing while having very little cap hit over next 3 years to get other pieces

call_me_ishmael
11-13-2019, 11:32 AM
Pat Mahomes. There's no debate. Every GM in the league would do that.

If it had to be defense, it would for sure be Aaron Donald.

George Cumby
11-13-2019, 03:29 PM
Vince Wolfork in his prime.

RashanGary
11-13-2019, 08:45 PM

That would help. Clark and Wilfork in his prime would be huge. Bet we’d force more 3rd and longs if Clark and Wilfork were clogging the middle of our defense. Then the smith Bro’s could turn those third and longs into 3 and outs

RashanGary
11-13-2019, 08:51 PM

But now I want Troy Palamalu in his prime along with Wilfork

We could move Amos to ILB. Martinez and Amos would be covered up by Wilfork and Clark. And our secondary would be all world too.

George Cumby
11-13-2019, 11:01 PM
lol.

Sorry, I changed the game. You can ignore me.

wist43
11-13-2019, 11:15 PM
I think the most glaring needs on the team now are ILB and WR.

Imagine how much tighter the defense would be if we had a Bobby Wagner in his prime?? Martinez needs to be moved off the roster next offseason.

On offense, it's obvious - we need another consistent playmaker opposite Adams.

pbmax
11-14-2019, 07:16 AM

Imagine how much tighter the defense would be if we had a Bobby Wagner in his prime?? Martinez needs to be moved off the roster next offseason.

Like Jones?

Anti-Polar Bear
11-14-2019, 10:51 AM
Like Jones?

Hate to agree with old man wist, but the key word here is consistency.

Jones is Aaron, eloquent bro of Moses, one week. Erin, lumpenproletarian of Baltimore the next. Does Dallas (like Debbie) for an Al Bundy (4 tds in a game) one week. Poops out rock and drops easy 6 the next.

As some wise man said in the last game day thread: Jones is the mother of inconsistency.

Fritz
11-14-2019, 11:08 AM

Imagine this:

No Jace Sternberger because the Packers traded their third round pick plus their first round pick to move up to #10 and take Devin Bush, ILB.

No Jace Sternberger, no Rashan Gary, but Devin Bush roaming the middle.

I'll take that.

texaspackerbacker
11-15-2019, 12:14 AM
All I've seen in here is totally unrealistic pie-in-the-sky, but I have a name that it wouldn't be too far-fetched at all for the Packers to get - maybe for a fairly reasonable price: J.J. Watt. That could turn out to be a Reggie White type pick up.

MadtownPacker
11-15-2019, 12:19 AM
JJ Watt? He is done for the year on IR after tearing his chest muscle or something.

call_me_ishmael
11-15-2019, 12:20 AM
Hard to believe the Texans might cut him lose but they do have an out after this year and he has ended the season on injured reserve, what, 3 seasons in a row now? Maybe 4? I'd love to bring him in.

texaspackerbacker
11-15-2019, 12:43 AM
JJ Watt? He is done for the year on IR after tearing his chest muscle or something.

Yeah, but he should be back next season without any lasting effect from the injury, and he shouldn't be over the hill yet age-wise.

MadtownPacker
11-15-2019, 12:54 AM
He keeps getting hurt so it is appearing he has past his expiration date when it comes to durability.

Cheesehead Craig
11-15-2019, 07:32 AM
He keeps getting hurt so it is appearing he has past his expiration date when it comes to durability.

That's my big concern. Great talent and guy, but not worth big money/mutli-year deal given his injury history.

pbmax
11-15-2019, 08:21 AM
That's my big concern. Great talent and guy, but not worth big money/mutli-year deal given his injury history.

He needs to change his doping cycle. Rand will be back next week and might have some suggestions.

texaspackerbacker
11-15-2019, 11:38 AM

I did say "if we can get him "for a fairly reasonable price" - which IMO might be possible.

RashanGary
11-15-2019, 11:44 AM

For some reason I still don’t understand what a linebackers full job is. I can see a safety or corner having over the top coverage and I can tell if they fuck it up... but all that space inside, who’s responsible for what gap?? I just can ever tell who’s fault it is in there. I’ve been watching the gamepass clips where they bring in players and talk football so I’m getting better. But ILB is the toughest position for me to grade.

MadtownPacker
11-15-2019, 12:25 PM
I did say "if we can get him "for a fairly reasonable price" - which IMO might be possible.Im a believer in you get what you pay for in most cases. That’s the only reason you could get him at a reasonable price. Which is a waste of money no matter how cheap if he can’t play. 3 years in a row of being hurt is all I need to know. Spend big if you have but do it to win now because the window will close for a few years once Rodgers is done.

bobblehead
11-15-2019, 12:33 PM
Nice idea for a bye week thread JH, I like it. Ok, excluding "in their prime" BS, the question was who would you roster right now if you could. Forget salary cap et al, just one guy. The instinct is Maholmes as "we have another 15 years of success. But Maholmes in no way assures us of an owl victory and for the next 4 years he certainly ISN'T the answer. I think you have to pick a name that helps us win one in the remaining years of Rodgers effectiveness.

Do we add a marquee TE like Kelce who fills a major hole and gives the offense more balance? Do we add a DL for a dominant front 7 like Donald? Do we add a MLB like Wagner who fills the D's biggest weakness?

I want to win an owl this year (and maybe a couple more) and to do so requires a major upgrade at TE. Anyone who bothers reading my windy posts knows that I need a TE who can block or else just line up Lazard and call him Jimmy Graham. Ladies and Gentlemen i present:

Rob Gronkowsi. Still just 29 years young and fresh off some rest I would put him on the roster right now and say it gives us a better 3-4 year window than any player in the NFL. Gronk is a road grader in the run game and a beast in the passing game. And just in case we rehire fat mike the man can even pass block. Balance is the key. Gronk single handedly keeps the D off balance and allows big runs, favorable down and distance and reliable 3rd down conversions as a receiver. I would take on the injury risk and roster him today if it were possible over any other player I can think of.

MadtownPacker
11-15-2019, 12:39 PM
Not a bad call Bobble. Unlike Watts, Gronk has come thru for his team at playoff time in spite of injury. But he would laugh in Packers faces and tell them to go call Usian. He has a happy ending waiting for him in NE if he wants it.

bobblehead
11-15-2019, 12:42 PM
Not a bad call Bobble. Unlike Watts, Gronk has come thru for his team at playoff time in spite of injury. But he would laugh in Packers faces and tell them to go call Usian. He has a happy ending waiting for him in NE if he wants it.

Naturally none of these are ever going to happen. This was always mental masturbation.

MadtownPacker
11-15-2019, 01:00 PM
Well shit then let’s get Urlacher (he chased down Vick in his prime!), Moss, Ladanian Tomlinson, and the Williams bros from MN.

Bretsky
11-16-2019, 03:43 PM

Devin Bush would be nice

I have a hard time with what to do with Martinez; he's going to get some good $$$$

GB might not want to pay him that much, but given the jibberish they have at ILB they may have to

red
11-16-2019, 08:54 PM

I think it’s something like the last 3 years have ended on IR

We’ve got good pass rushers, we got good CBS, we got good d-linemen, we have decent safeties. And our defense is still a near complete train wreck. One guy on defense isn’t gonna fix shit

Meanwhile, the current superstar at QR still has at least 10 years left in the tank.

I would take Mahomes

Pretty much like rashers back in his prime, you can win a lot of games just because he’s on the field

pbmax
11-16-2019, 11:02 PM
Damarious Randall. Backup everywhere as DB.

Send message to M3 that ditching him for Kizer was dumb.

Upnorth
11-20-2019, 02:24 PM
I look at it from a who can we pick up and not destroy the cap perspective, hence Nick Bosa as my first call. But how about deebo Samuels? Isn't he one of the league leaders in yac? Plus he is hard to tackle. Now pair him with Jones, and look the heck out! Both hard to bring down in space so who do you cheat towards? Then you have Adams, imagine how much fun the flower could have!

Bretsky
11-20-2019, 08:12 PM
Mahomes is the ez call

If you throw QB's out the window........TJ Watt wouldn't be too far down the list...hashtag/thanksted

RashanGary
11-20-2019, 09:10 PM
Mahomes is the ez call

If you throw QB's out the window........TJ Watt wouldn't be too far down the list...hashtag/thanksted

Who would you rather have as coach? ThaFloweur or Kylie Shinnanigans?

call_me_ishmael
11-20-2019, 09:28 PM
Both are looking like good coaches but too soon to tell. Shanahan has had a lot of success when his QB is healthy.

Bretsky
11-20-2019, 09:28 PM
Who would you rather have as coach? ThaFloweur or Kylie Shinnanigans?

too early for me to answer that. I'll take the flavor of the day at this point; but I also feel this has been a season, where GB has got some breaks and taken advantage of them. I'm not sure if they are NFC elite or on the verge of being there. Still wanna see more.

Today they were discussing how different McVay is to Shanny on ESPN 1070 and noted how Matty is really a Shanny follower scheme wise