PDA

View Full Version : Sports bars in the oshkosh/ neenah area

Tdmike
11-16-2019, 01:35 PM
Anyone know of a sports bar in Oshkosh /Neenah area that also plays the Packer radio play by play thanks

MadtownPacker
11-16-2019, 03:22 PM
Welcome to the forum. I’m in CA so can’t help much but just wanted to say what’s up.

MadtownPacker
11-16-2019, 03:40 PM
My apologies tdmike, I made some changes to the registration system and your thread was not viewable by regular accounts. I have moved you to the regular group and you will now be able to make threads/post that are viewable by others.

The rest of you can see this now so answer the man’s. Yes Joemailman I’m talking to you!

Bretsky
11-16-2019, 03:41 PM
Anybody wan to chime in ?

When I was in Oshkosh I think I went to a place called "The Bar" and it was heavenly. Many many TV's all over showing about every game on at the time

Best Cheese Curds in Oshkosh is the Garage Bar.

George Cumby
11-16-2019, 03:42 PM
Welcome to the forum, TD.

Joemailman
11-16-2019, 03:47 PM
My apologies tdmike, I made some changes to the registration system and your thread was not viewable by regular accounts. I have moved you to the regular group and you will now be able to make threads/post that are viewable by others.

The rest of you can see this now so answer the man’s. Yes Joemailman I’m talking to you!

Um...I'm not from there.

MadtownPacker
11-16-2019, 03:48 PM
My mistake. Thought that was your area.

Joemailman
11-16-2019, 03:50 PM
My mistake. Thought that was your area.

I'm Wausau. Gotta be some 'Rats from that area though.

MadtownPacker
11-16-2019, 04:51 PM
I got confused because you all post alike. :lol:

Anti-Polar Bear
11-17-2019, 12:41 AM
Pretty sure my archenema, the Kentucky, is originally from the Big Kosh. And dude lost his sense of humor in the War for Southern Independence, so he should know a place that still plays futbol games on the radio.

(Only an Oshkosh native could be eternally upset that some short, pale-skinned gangsta rappa str8t outta Appleton shut down the pride of Oshkosh, Darren Charles, in a game.)

I know Collinswothless is annoying as fuck, but playing a Packer game on the radio along with showing it on the tube is just a spoiler-fest. Time lag. 4th and Goal with 3 seconds left, game on the line, in da clutch, do you want McCarren “yeeting” out the outcome before NBC shows it?

Btw, mobile phones are now smart. And there’s this thing called WiFi. Ain’t complex to listen to McCarren on the iPhone, earphones and all, while light is traveling through space and time as it impregnates the tube - provided that one enjoys spoilers.

pbmax
11-17-2019, 08:01 AM
Btw, mobile phones are now smart. And there’s this thing called WiFi. Ain’t complex to listen to McCarren on the iPhone, earphones and all, while light is traveling through space and time as it impregnates the tube - provided that one enjoys spoilers.

That costs money.

pbmax
11-17-2019, 10:41 AM
No answers on radio broadcast. But suggestions for long term NFL viewing

Peabody's Ale House, N Main St., east side of Road. Patio with heating if you like a November challenge

Cranky Pats pizza N Main St

Fifth Ward Brewery, Main st south of river

Possible my source prefers to eat and drink than worry about the radio broadcast.

pbmax
11-17-2019, 10:51 AM
Fletch's Local Tap House

George Cumby
11-17-2019, 05:46 PM
It took twelve posts to scare the new meat off.

Strong work, Team.

pbmax
11-17-2019, 06:31 PM
1 new poster at a time.

run pMc
11-19-2019, 10:55 AM
I can only hazily remember the bars close to campus.

pbmax
11-19-2019, 11:50 AM
I can only hazily remember the bars close to campus.

I can't imagine why that would be.

Good thing you don't remember being in the lake after the bars.

MadScientist
11-19-2019, 04:10 PM
The problem with the radio feed is that unless they have some delay equipment, it will be about 5 seconds ahead of the TV. And that's assuming they have any sound up at all, since it would have to be loud enough to be hear over the noise in the place.

pbmax
11-19-2019, 09:20 PM
The problem with the radio feed is that unless they have some delay equipment, it will be about 5 seconds ahead of the TV. And that's assuming they have any sound up at all, since it would have to be loud enough to be hear over the noise in the place.

WIBA in Madison delays th FM feed to sync it to the broadcast. But it only works if you have the TV on the antenna. Cable is further behind, satellite TV even farther.

KYPack
11-20-2019, 10:17 AM
When I go back to Oshkosh (or the nearby little towns) I go to Lambeau.

I have caught a few Thursday nite games at The Bar. It's a real good sports bar, just off the service road by the 41-Hwy 21 intersection. The B-Man knows whereof he speaks. If your in Oshkosh proper, eat a meal at the Roxy on Main St. Great steaks and perch or Walleye dinners.

The delay situation has a big effect at the KY estate down here in the Bluegrass. The antennae TV in the kitchen is WAY ahead of the direct TV broadcast. So we have enacted a "no cheering from the kitchen" rule that everybody violates. Close games also find a dozen or so drunks crowding around the counter the TV sits on in the kitchen. This has happened a couple times this year.

It's scary, but it keeps the neighbors away.

MadtownPacker
11-20-2019, 10:28 AM
Damn two TVs! Must be a double-wide.