PDA

View Full Version : Packers 49ers discussion thread

RashanGary
11-18-2019, 10:00 AM
They gonna practice Monday and/or Tuesday I wonder

RashanGary
11-18-2019, 10:01 AM
I’ll be curious to hear this weeks interviews.... glean some info on what their self studies showed

Joemailman
11-18-2019, 10:15 AM
I’ll be curious to hear this weeks interviews.... glean some info on what their self studies showed

I don't think they'll reveal too much about what their self scouting showed.

pbmax
11-18-2019, 10:46 AM
Let's hope their self scout showed this:

In 180 snaps with him on the field and Williams on the sideline, the Packers have averaged 0.22 EPA per play, which would make them the best offense in football on a play-by-play basis. In 127 snaps with Williams on the field and Jones sitting out, though, the Packers have actually been a net negative on offense at -0.05 EPA per play, which is the equivalent of the 2019 Giants, who rank 25th in expected points added. If one back makes you the best offense in football and the other back makes you the Giants, I would go with the first guy.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28103551/making-sense-2019-nfc-playoff-race-eight-good-teams-six-spots

Anti-Polar Bear
11-18-2019, 10:51 AM
neverminf

Fritz
11-18-2019, 11:10 AM

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28103551/making-sense-2019-nfc-playoff-race-eight-good-teams-six-spots

That's crazy. My impression, apparently mistaken, was that Williams was playing much better this year. His yards per carry seemed to be much better this year than last.

Joemailman
11-18-2019, 11:34 AM
That's crazy. My impression, apparently mistaken, was that Williams was playing much better this year. His yards per carry seemed to be much better this year than last.

I don't think those numbers suggest that Williams isn't playing well. His YPC is the same as Jones. What it probably suggests is that the Packers passing game is more effective with Jones in the game because opposing defenses must pay special attention to him, opening things up for others.

pbmax
11-18-2019, 11:53 AM
I don't think those numbers suggest that Williams isn't playing well. His YPC is the same as Jones. What it probably suggests is that the Packers passing game is more effective with Jones in the game because opposing defenses must pay special attention to him, opening things up for others.

They break big plays with Jones, not with Williams. They need to tilt more in favor of Jones I think.

Just like taking downfield shots. You want to take them but not at the expense of effectiveness.

Joemailman
11-18-2019, 12:51 PM
Packers flying out on Saturday this time. https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/18/lesson-learned-packers-planning-to-leave-for-san-francisco-on-saturday/

yetisnowman
11-18-2019, 12:54 PM

Yikes. So basically since week 3, this is a bottom 5 defense. Glad I wasn't exaggerating how bad they have been in my head.

pbmax
11-18-2019, 01:11 PM
Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
#Packers are full go today with all 53 at practice. For some reason,only allowed the media to watch stretch, even though they didn’t go to full team drills immediately afterward.

Matt LaFleur said team will leave on Saturday for the #49ers game unlike last time they went out west. LaFleur said he was told 2-hour time distance doesn't affect players as much going west and also the experience in LA played into it.

LaFleur said he talks occassionally with #49ers coach Kyle Shanahan and won't be any this week. Said usually it's when he's FaceTiming with his brother (Mike, a 49ers assistant) and Shanahan might be in the office with him.

Bill Huber @BillHuberSI
LaFleur on his team being healthy: "I think it speaks to the support we have around this organization in terms of keeping our guys healthy."

texaspackerbacker
11-18-2019, 01:35 PM
Regarding the Packers defense nosediving since early in the season, our personnel is basically the same, so the obvious answer to why is that other teams caught on to what we were doing and adjusted to it. That seemed to start in the Denver game. By now, Pettine should have figured out some ways to adjust to those adjustments, but as of the last game, it seemed like not much fixing had been done. What are you gonna do when the league figures out that you're weak against the run, and when you double up on big bodies to stop it, our DBs aren't good enough to stop the pass? I'd say go back to blitzing the hell out of opponents like we did early on. If they gash you with runs or break a big pass play sometimes, that's the price to pay, and our offense has to be good enough to outscore them. This slow death of trying to load up against the run and still having teams play ball control all the way down the field is annoying. It gives up as much scoring with less opportunity for our O to respond. In other words, never never never have Lowry and Lancaster on the field at the same time (except maybe right in the goal line), and have both of them anchoring the bench a large part of the time.

As for the team staying healthy, that to me says exactly one thing: LUCK. Hopefully, it will continue.

pbmax
11-18-2019, 01:42 PM
The problem with being pass rush dependent on defense to stop the pass is that you have to be dominant on the LOS.

That is a costly way to do business. Much prefer to have some wins up front and a more solid backend, but not sure they are there yet.

King who was, at least, nursing an injury has been disappointing. Savage not quite back to pre-injury form.

Campbell will help. Fackrell has been a damn revelation in coverage. Like trying to hit a golf ball through a tree.

Would like one of those tryout run stuffers signed.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-18-2019, 01:46 PM
Packers flying out on Saturday this time. https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/18/lesson-learned-packers-planning-to-leave-for-san-francisco-on-saturday/

Don’t want too many players hanging out in the Castro for too long, eh?

texaspackerbacker
11-18-2019, 01:54 PM
Yeah, if you do like I said and get too pass rush dependent, they'll gash you with the run like Denver did. I'd rather be solid up front too, but Lowry and Lancaster together don't add up to a Grady Jackson or Howard Green type guy, so don't use them to solve the problem. If you blitz them hard and get them behind the sticks, yardage-wise, I think we will get more stops - even though we will give up some big plays. The guys you mentioned who have been decent at times in coverage will be tested either way, but the upside is better with blitzing than with Northwestern disease infecting our D Line. Maybe we could get lucky and find a run stopper among those tryout guys, but it seems unlikely.

pbmax
11-18-2019, 02:04 PM
Yeah, if you do like I said and get too pass rush dependent, they'll gash you with the run like Denver did. I'd rather be solid up front too, but Lowry and Lancaster together don't add up to a Grady Jackson or Howard Green type guy, so don't use them to solve the problem. If you blitz them hard and get them behind the sticks, yardage-wise, I think we will get more stops - even though we will give up some big plays. The guys you mentioned who have been decent at times in coverage will be tested either way, but the upside is better with blitzing than with Northwestern disease infecting our D Line. Maybe we could get lucky and find a run stopper among those tryout guys, but it seems unlikely.

Problem is they have been too leaky to go heavy up front and trust the back end to hold up. Backend has to improve for those numbers to climb.

Good news is that while they concentrated on CMC, they were pretty effective. Just not sure they can do both at once.

Tony Oday
11-18-2019, 03:57 PM
The Packers will crush the Niners, I am guessing we jump out to a 24 point lead and coast to a 10 point victory.

texaspackerbacker
11-18-2019, 04:01 PM
I'm not saying go heavy up front - just the opposite. I want wall to wall pass rushers up front, stop the run (hopefully) with quickness not bulk. Maximize the pass rush, and make the time shorter that our secondary needs to keep coverage.

George Cumby
11-18-2019, 04:05 PM
The Packers will crush the Niners, I am guessing we jump out to a 24 point lead and coast to a 10 point victory.

I appreciate your confidence, any rationale or just a feeling?

Tony Oday
11-18-2019, 04:14 PM
I appreciate your confidence, any rationale or just a feeling?

Almost lost to the Cards two times and could only put up 9 on the Redskins. Sherman is a shell of his old self and prone to being VERY grabby. Goropolololol or whatever "not Tom Brady"'s name is will panic like a long tail can in rocking chair showroom when he seems SmithX2 attacking him.

George Cumby
11-18-2019, 04:15 PM
Almost lost to the Cards two times and could only put up 9 on the Redskins. Sherman is a shell of his old self and prone to being VERY grabby. Goropolololol or whatever "not Tom Brady"'s name is will panic like a long tail can in rocking chair showroom when he seems SmithX2 attacking him.

Works for me!

MadtownPacker
11-18-2019, 04:32 PM
Very appropriate since AZ almost had them Sunday...

https://youtu.be/jHiXADtvzQU

Radagast
11-18-2019, 04:34 PM

I predict a battle of the "Titans" from the start. Both teams will score a TD and 1 to 2 FGs in the first Half.

Green Bay --- 10

San Francisco --- 13

Halftime

The second half will be a shootout as both teams score TDs. The deciding factor will be turnovers. I see GB winning this battle and as a result the Packers win a very close football game.

Green Bay --- 31

San Francisco --- 30

Final

MadtownPacker
11-18-2019, 04:43 PM
I don’t like blowout games but in light of the shitty behavior from whiner fans the past few years hoping, 38-24 GB. 49ers get garbage TD that makes it seem closer on paper.

Weather should be good for the passing game. Unlike the REAL 49ers stadium the Great America Parking lot extension that is Levi doesn’t get very windy (no bay breeze) and is a dry climate area.

But reality is probably a nailbiter like Rad called.

RashanGary
11-18-2019, 05:30 PM
Their offensive identity is to take what the defense gives. Runs, short passes, intermediate, long....

Lafleur is talking about finding and honing in on what they do best after the by. I expect them to find their best plays of the first 10 weeks to beat each type of defense and start to highlight them.

Cover 1 beaters
Cover 2 beaters
Quarters beaters
Inside zone runs
Outside zone runs
Play action

Etc......

The next six weeks I expect them to develop an identity with how they attack each type of defense with an overall identity of “take what the defense is given”

I also expect to see the offense cleaner with substitutions and pace.

Ideally we’ll get a bye week to start the post season as well. That will open up all sorts of new options, like counters off of what they do best and tendency breakers.

RashanGary
11-18-2019, 05:32 PM
Because the Packers are so healthy and just came off a bye, and it’s the final six games so they can and should dial in on what they do best now.... I do expect to see the Packers peaking as they finish the season.

RashanGary
11-18-2019, 05:36 PM
Adams in the slot a little more
More MVS deep routes
More Lazard
Less Allison
More Graham running vertical
Jones/Williams 1/2 to keep Jones fresh

A bunch of the same mix snd match stuff with Kumerow, Lewis, Tonyan, Sternberger and Vitale

These are some of the things I expect to see down the stretch

Joemailman
11-18-2019, 05:39 PM
Kittle might be back this week. Packers haven't had many answers for opposing TE's (Or anybody else running crossing routes over the middle of the field). Hope they come up with something.

RashanGary
11-18-2019, 05:43 PM
Kittle might be back this week. Packers haven't had many answers for opposing TE's (Or anybody else running crossing routes over the middle of the field). Hope they come up with something.

Not a good time to run into kittle.... Inraheim Campbell might be the answer at that dime linebacker spot, but I wouldn’t expect him to really hit his stride for a a few weeks.

Defensively, they’re so young in that back end.... I think we really need to cross our fingers for health in the back end of the defense so they can develop cohesion and chemistry.

pbmax
11-18-2019, 08:49 PM

Think its spelled Gabagool.

Zool
11-18-2019, 10:21 PM
If it’s not Gabagool, I send it back.

Tony Oday
11-19-2019, 07:23 AM
Very appropriate since AZ almost had them Sunday...

https://youtu.be/jHiXADtvzQU

Saw that game and press conference.

CaptainKickass
11-19-2019, 02:54 PM
https://image-ticketfly.imgix.net/00/03/04/15/59-og.jpg

MadtownPacker
11-19-2019, 03:17 PM
I don’t get it.

pbmax
11-19-2019, 09:19 PM
I don’t get it.

Garofalo as in close cousin of Jimmy Gabagool.

MadtownPacker
11-19-2019, 10:00 PM
A la prima se le arrima!! :whaa:

Thanks. I need to keep up. I’ll let you google what that phrase means but it is appropriate for WI. :lol:

pbmax
11-19-2019, 10:09 PM
A la prima se le arrima!! :whaa:

Thanks. I need to keep up. I’ll let you google what that phrase means but it is appropriate for WI. :lol:

That's a West Virginia joke dude.

George Cumby
11-20-2019, 09:23 AM

Don't know why, she always tripped my trigger. The smart chick thing, I guess.

MadtownPacker
11-20-2019, 09:28 AM
Very MILFy for damn sure! :five:

MadtownPacker
11-20-2019, 09:31 AM
There was a chance of rain but looks like it won’t happen until the middle of next week. Temps dropping to normal levels for this time of the year but will not be cold at all by WI standards. Probably high 50s low 60s during the game.

KYPack
11-20-2019, 09:49 AM
There was a chance of rain but looks like it won’t happen until the middle of next week. Temps dropping to normal levels for this time of the year but will not be cold at all by WI standards. Probably high 50s low 60s during the game.

You goin' to the ballgame, man?

MadtownPacker
11-20-2019, 10:24 AM
Pollo Loco!! Hell yeah and am getting real excited. Feel like I hit the jackpot cuz it has become a big game with huge playoff implications.

The flex to SNL has added a whole new dimension. I have been talking to everyone I see wearing 49ers gear. Not too much smack talk probably due to recent weeks.

KYPack
11-20-2019, 11:06 AM
Pollo Loco!! Hell yeah and am getting real excited. Feel like I hit the jackpot cuz it has become a big game with huge playoff implications.

The flex to SNL has added a whole new dimension. I have been talking to everyone I see wearing 49ers gear. Not too much smack talk probably due to recent weeks.

It'll be a big one. I'm getting nervous already. Be safe, big boy. Those roadies are dangerous at times.

CaptainKickass
11-20-2019, 11:34 AM

Allow me to clarify with specificity:

Whenever I see Jimmy Garoppolo on screen during a game, I call him Janeane Garofalo. Their names are pronounced similarly, and I do this to specifically make fun of him and basically call him a girl.

Since Janeane Garofalo is a comedian, and so am I, I figure she'd be OK with it. On the off chance she wasn't OK with it, I'd still do it anyway. Why? Because fuck her and her opinion, I won't let that ruin my fun at her expense.

As many of you may have figured out by now, yes it is true that I have nicknames for many other NFL players than the Packers. I also have many nicknames for coaches and teams too. Some common, some obscure, some funnier than others and sometimes they change over time. It's my little slice of humor and a continual exercise in what's probably viewed by some as "poor verbal sportsmanship" but I don't care. Why? Because fuck them and their opinion, I won't let that ruin my fun at their expense.

Sincerely,

The Doctor Reverend Captain Kickass Buckshot ESQ. (If you will)

MadtownPacker
11-20-2019, 12:37 PM
Ahha, that makes lots of sense CaptainLickass. Kidding, just testing it out. I do think Jimmy Grabapole will be the deciding factor. Prettyboy has been shitting himself a lot lately. Ever since he got #metoo with Erin Andrews sweet lil self. Maybe I’ll take a poster of her!

Joemailman
11-20-2019, 08:32 PM
According to Pro Football Focus, Green Bay is currently ranked the NFL’s second-worst special teams unit through 11 weeks. Only the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have been worse by PFF’s standards.

Well, that IS an improvement over last year. :glug:

Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer
Packers coach Matt LaFleur mentioned how the 49ers D has not allowed many explosive plays. According to ESPN Stats & Info, San Fran has allowed just four completions on passes at least 20 yards downfield, fewest in the NFL. They also have allowed an NFL-low 13 percent completion rate on such throws. "They're really sound," LaFleur said. "You've got to be patient and can't force a big play against those guys."

This will test Rodgers.

RashanGary
11-20-2019, 09:07 PM
Well, that IS an improvement over last year. :glug:

This will test Rodgers.

AR really stuck it to the Chargers :lol:

RashanGary
11-20-2019, 09:08 PM
This is a big time test for AR. He talks about the guys knowing their role and being unselfish. Let’s see if he holds himself to the same standard.

MadtownPacker
11-20-2019, 09:43 PM
Damn mailman, that is a cold hard stat. 4 throws?? Yeah Rodgers is gonna have to be very selective when going deep. Adams going off on the YAC will be mandatory for the win.

pbmax
11-20-2019, 10:47 PM
Bill Huber @BillHuberSI
The 49ers have dominated No. 1 receivers all season. The potential answer for the #Packers? Allen Lazard, who pointed to making his bed, doing dishes and cleaning up in the meeting room as keys to his success.

Sometimes I wonder if its worth sticking up for sports journalism at all.

KYPack
11-20-2019, 10:54 PM

Hey, cut a game post when ya get back.

Be safe, you ain't the young vato you were when you started this joint.

Bulldog.

MadtownPacker
11-21-2019, 12:01 AM
Hey, cut a game post when ya get back.

Be safe, you ain't the young vato you were when you started this joint.

Bulldog.Ill try to drop some live commentary in the game day thread.

Why you putting me in the old coots club already?? Now I have to do something disrespectful and immature at the stadium (not illegal).

Fritz
11-21-2019, 05:04 AM
Allow me to clarify with specificity:

Whenever I see Jimmy Garoppolo on screen during a game, I call him Janeane Garofalo. Their names are pronounced similarly, and I do this to specifically make fun of him and basically call him a girl.

Since Janeane Garofalo is a comedian, and so am I, I figure she'd be OK with it. On the off chance she wasn't OK with it, I'd still do it anyway. Why? Because fuck her and her opinion, I won't let that ruin my fun at her expense.

As many of you may have figured out by now, yes it is true that I have nicknames for many other NFL players than the Packers. I also have many nicknames for coaches and teams too. Some common, some obscure, some funnier than others and sometimes they change over time. It's my little slice of humor and a continual exercise in what's probably viewed by some as "poor verbal sportsmanship" but I don't care. Why? Because fuck them and their opinion, I won't let that ruin my fun at their expense.

Sincerely,

The Doctor Reverend Captain Kickass Buckshot ESQ. (If you will)

I, too, enjoy giving people nicknames. For example, I often call you "Captain Kickass."

As for Mad, you automatically qualified for the old coots club when you told KY you'd have to do something immature but not illegal. Unless you wrote that because you don't want ICE to swoop in and boot you out of the ol' USA just for committing a misdemeanor and looking like a Mexican.

MadtownPacker
11-21-2019, 08:49 AM
I, too, enjoy giving people nicknames. For example, I often call you "Captain Kickass."

As for Mad, you automatically qualified for the old coots club when you told KY you'd have to do something immature but not illegal. Unless you wrote that because you don't want ICE to swoop in and boot you out of the ol' USA just for committing a misdemeanor and looking like a Mexican.Whats up Ditz!

Never tell on yourself. Besides this is Cali. :lol:

KYPack
11-21-2019, 11:52 AM
Ill try to drop some live commentary in the game day thread.

Why you putting me in the old coots club already?? Now I have to do something disrespectful and immature at the stadium (not illegal).

Sounds like a plan.

Have a blast down there.

Buena suerte and all that shit.

MadScientist
11-21-2019, 11:54 PM
Packers leaving on Saturday for the game. Hopefully the lack of time will keep players from binging edibles and playing with a lingering high like they did against SD.

Fritz
11-22-2019, 09:07 AM
Packers leaving on Saturday for the game. Hopefully the lack of time will keep players from binging edibles and playing with a lingering high like they did against SD.

I thought less about edibles and more about players getting drunk and staying out late with the ladies (or men, depending on their preferences). I pictured players waking up hungover with a stranger lying next to them.

MadScientist
11-22-2019, 01:11 PM
I thought less about edibles and more about players getting drunk and staying out late with the ladies (or men, depending on their preferences). I pictured players waking up hungover with a stranger lying next to them.

Possibly, but booze is more than readily available in WI, so not such a novelty, plus they still have curfews, which would make it harder to be drunk late enough for the hangover to last to game time, and make it more difficult for extra people to be in the mix. OTOH edibles like a bag of gummies are legal and readily available there, could easily be brought up to a room without suspicion and would not leave obvious evidence like a smokey smell and butts. They can be highly potent (10 mg THC per gummie), plus they take a while to have the effect hit (which may encourage eating more than one), and are known for causing highs to linger well into the next day.

pbmax
11-22-2019, 01:26 PM
I can't see Bulaga out late looking for vape pens to get his buzz on.

yetisnowman
11-22-2019, 01:49 PM
Book on Jimmy G is he's solid, but will make a few mistakes in the way of INTs when he's trying to be too fancy. Packers gotta be opportunistic when that happens. I feel like quick passes and Aaron Jones will be the keys to a Packer win.
30-22 Pack.

George Cumby
11-22-2019, 02:10 PM

Fox River Valley Babes or LA Babes. Hmmnnnnnnnn...... I wonder why they got slapped by the Chargers?

pbmax
11-22-2019, 02:23 PM
Fox River Valley Babes or LA Babes. Hmmnnnnnnnn...... I wonder why they got slapped by the Chargers?

You gotta problem with the Muskie Queen, Cumby?

pbmax
11-22-2019, 02:31 PM
Olivia Reiner @ReinerOlivia
Matt LaFleur called Cole Madison’s knee a “pretty significant injury.” Said he’ll most likely need surgery.

“My heart breaks for him.”

call_me_ishmael
11-22-2019, 02:34 PM
I am really glad Matt LaFleur is our coach. Listening to his press conference today, he has grown into the role and does a great job with the media.

Looks much better with a beard too. My wife thinks he's hot AF.

pbmax
11-22-2019, 02:40 PM
#Packers ST coach Shawn Mennenga said P JK Scott met with his punting coach during the bye week and he expects him to regain the form he had early in the season when he was regularly controlling field position.

An actual kicking specialist for the punter? Who'da thunk it?

Cheesehead Craig
11-22-2019, 02:53 PM
#Packers ST coach Shawn Mennenga said P JK Scott met with his punting coach during the bye week and he expects him to regain the form he had early in the season when he was regularly controlling field position.

An actual kicking specialist for the punter? Who'da thunk it?

Wasn't it John Ryan who wanted to meet with an outside coach and the ST coach at the time wouldn't allow it?

RashanGary
11-22-2019, 03:51 PM
49ers going into third game in 13 days. 70 minute loss to Seattle and 4 quarter slug match vs Cardinals. Dee Ford is a bit of a one trick Pony, but it sure is nice to have that trick and to give guys rest. Him being out hurts them. Kittle being out would be a huge break.

I’m crossing my fingers here. Hopefully none of that first quarter rust after the bye. It’s such a huge game, and a night game, so I imagine they’ll be fired up from snap 1 all of the way till the fat lady sings.

This is the biggest game of the last three years!

Go Pack Go!

RashanGary
11-22-2019, 03:54 PM
The season has fallen together perfectly for a young defense to make strides. That bye week reset and a heathy finish line our guys up for a Owl winning finish. I’m feeling good about this game and this season!

Joemailman
11-22-2019, 07:38 PM
Olivia Reiner @ReinerOlivia
Matt LaFleur called Cole Madison’s knee a “pretty significant injury.” Said he’ll most likely need surgery.

“My heart breaks for him.”

If it weren't for bad luck he'd have no luck at all.

Joemailman
11-22-2019, 07:38 PM
https://primary-cdn-shortstop.espn.net/b3b90a5f-3da2-477e-9cbb-089183c0d00f.png

RashanGary
11-22-2019, 08:19 PM
Graham, Lewis, Sternberger, Jamaal Williams and A Jones can hold down the fort till Tonyan and Vitale are right

RashanGary
11-22-2019, 08:20 PM
Wonder who gonna get the call up with Madison down for the count

KYPack
11-22-2019, 09:06 PM
Wonder who gonna get the call up with Madison down for the count

The PS has one OL. Yosh Nijiman 6'7" 320 out of VA Tech. UDFA. Kid has potential and works hard. Looked good vs the other teams 3's in Pre.

He's strictly a T prospect

Cheesehead Craig
11-22-2019, 09:15 PM
Jimmy Graham was a limited participant, but it had nothing to do with injury.

texaspackerbacker
11-23-2019, 01:47 AM
The season has fallen together perfectly for a young defense to make strides. That bye week reset and a heathy finish line our guys up for a Owl winning finish. I’m feeling good about this game and this season!

I thought I was the top optimist around here hahahahaha. Lately, you've passed me up - not that I disagree.

pbmax
11-23-2019, 07:29 AM
Graham, Lewis, Sternberger, Jamaal Williams and A Jones can hold down the fort till Tonyan and Vitale are right

Tonyan with a full week of fully available should be able to play. Question is, whose spot does he take?

Does he replace Stormbringer or become a McCarthy Full End? Or a Tight Back?

RashanGary
11-23-2019, 07:33 AM
The PS has one OL. Yosh Nijiman 6'7" 320 out of VA Tech. UDFA. Kid has potential and works hard. Looked good vs the other teams 3's in Pre.

He's strictly a T prospect

Yeah... crossed my mind. We have 8 serviceable guys right now. Light, Patrick and Pankey are guys they’ve developed the last couple few years. Six games and a post season. Not sure they’re gonna pick an OL. I’m guessing that 53rd spot would either be a high upside guy to steal off a PS or the highest upside guy in their PS or a special teamer

MadtownPacker
11-23-2019, 09:38 AM
It has been a long time since I have went to a game so I read the Levi stadium prohibitory items crap. No signs allowed! Guess they don’t want anyone getting their feelings hurt. Is this true for Lambeau too? I recall when I went with Retailguy there were booths in front sponsored by Kohls that had the posterboards and even different color pens to make it with.

pbmax
11-23-2019, 09:40 AM
It has been a long time since I have went to a game so I read the Levi stadium prohibitory items crap. No signs allowed! Guess they don’t want anyone getting their feelings hurt. Is this true for Lambeau too? I recall when I went with Retailguy there were booths in front sponsored by Kohls that had the posterboards and even different color pens to make it with.

Bringing in a sign might be prohibited, but they might let you create on inside like the Kohl's thing.

What they really don't want is you in the stadium with a very solid wood stake to brandish about.

Fritz
11-23-2019, 11:07 AM

So where is the Super Bowl being played this year??

The Shadow
11-23-2019, 12:02 PM
I have a feeling that Rashan Gary plays a bigger role in this game, and not as a traditional LB. I'd like to see Pettine use him next to Clark a bit & see if he can be a disruptive force.

MadtownPacker
11-23-2019, 12:20 PM
Bringing in a sign might be prohibited, but they might let you create on inside like the Kohl's thing.

What they really don't want is you in the stadium with a very solid wood stake to start brandishing about.No straight up says signs, banners, or poles. Likely due to all the fuckups that have caused problems there. Something that I’m betting Lambeau doesn’t have as much of.

Upnorth
11-23-2019, 12:53 PM
On paper this is the best d we have played this year. In reality I think a heavy dose of our running game and using our b's on routes could break this wide open for us. I don't think Adams is going to do much unfortunately, same with graham, but Jones and to a lesser extent Williams need to be dominant if we stand any chance

RashanGary
11-23-2019, 05:30 PM
9ers impressed with Aaron Jones. Both Shinnanigans and Saleh both said, they didn’t know much about the back but they do now.

RashanGary
11-23-2019, 05:55 PM
If it’s a passing game I like Rodgers and Adams over Jimmy G and hobbled kittle. If it’s a ball control game I like our Redzone offense and defense over theirs.

The only kind of game i don’t like is an unusual stinker where our guys turn it over or just don’t show up.

Upnorth
11-23-2019, 06:16 PM
I feel like we might not show up honestly. I mentioned earlier this week, but I don't think I will like the final score

MadtownPacker
11-23-2019, 07:52 PM
I feel like we might not show up honestly. I mentioned earlier this week, but I don't think I will like the final scoreThis is why after I posted that the SD debacle was the best thing that could happen. AFC game and nothing crucial was on the line. They won’t get caught slipping this time when the stakes are high. I know I have talked crap about Rodgers the person but that part of his character won’t be having it tomorrow. The best QB on the field will show why he is so celebrated.

pbmax
11-24-2019, 08:11 AM
I have a weird feeling I will like the score even though I can’t figure this team out.

pbmax
11-24-2019, 08:33 AM
This game always makes me miss Wayne Simmons. Trigger warning here as some nut job has put 49er highlights in our Packer highlights.

https://www.packers.com/video/nfl-network-s-top-10-plays-in-packers-49ers-history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulycNev7GeU

Zool
11-24-2019, 07:06 PM
Look for skittle or whomever lines up at TE to have a big game. Until they prove they can at least slow down the middle of the field passing game, why would anyone stop?