11-21-2019, 01:40 PM
The good news is:

Full time guys:
Alexander 2nd year in system 2nd year in league
King 2nd year in system 3rd year in league
Amos 1st year in system 5th year in league
Savage 1st year in system 1st year in league
Martinez 2nd year in system 4th year in league

Our 5 every down guys are all at ages and stages in the defense where they should be getting more sound. They’ve also been mostly heathy so coming off a bye, with a break to reset the mind and a self scout to dig into areas of improvement and health continuity going forward all make for a good environment to apply the adjustments and take steps forward toward savvy pro status. And as a defense they have a chance to become one of those groups that have played together, know each other and have that overall savvy to dial it up a notch.

Part time guys:
Tramon is a vet with experience in the defense
Campbell is a vet with experience in the defense but has some rust to knock off
Goodson is a vet who needs to keep gelling with the new group and defense
Redmond and Sullivan are guys who need to keep getting more sound and experienced

The part time guys aren’t as important as the full time guys, but outside of Tramon, the bye week reset and hopefully healthy finish line up for these guys to be in position to get some continuity and improvement in their games.

The stage is set. Health. A bye week reset. Young guys getting experience playing next to each other. A few easier games coming soon. The table is set for this defense to raise the bar and help win us an Owl.

You heard it here first!

RashanGary
11-21-2019, 01:51 PM
Clark is getting healthy and playing his best ball
Z and Preston are getting more sound

And the rest of the guys are getting healthy up front and filling in their roles

The guys up front look to be in position to be more sound as well.

It’s about to get turnt up!

RashanGary
11-21-2019, 02:45 PM
Age, stage, experience with Pettine, experience next to each other, bye week, health.... I’ll accept some first quarter rust, but injured pending, if this defense doesn’t start peaking, I’ll be pissed off. The 7 moons of Saturn have aligned here.

texaspackerbacker
11-21-2019, 07:01 PM
Yeah, if our D continues to play like crap, I'll be pissed too ...... but not much if Aaron x 2 continue to play like superstars, and we outscore 'em.

The Packers D was so good early in the season, and personnel is pretty much the same. It seems like other teams figured things out and adjusted against us, though. With the bye week to re-adjust now, I'd say it's on Pettine if he can't get things back to approximately like it was early in the season.

Fritz
11-22-2019, 09:08 AM
It'd be nice if Rashan Gary would actually do something to contribute. Since Pettine likes to play his sub packages, you need linebackers who can both play inside and stop the run.

And if Oren Burks could contribute by covering some of those damn crossing routes, that'd help, too.

RashanGary
11-23-2019, 08:12 AM
Young talented defense
Guys played together healthy for 10 games
Bye week to reset minds and body
10 games for coaches to put together a “what needs to get better” tape
Same group of healthy guys come back
No new guys or moving parts

This bye came at the ideal time for a young, healthy defense to come together and make real gains in their command and consistency. This sounds crazy but I expect a top 5-10 type defense down the stretch.

Fritz
11-23-2019, 11:14 AM
Young talented defense
Guys played together healthy for 10 games
Bye week to reset minds and body
10 games for coaches to put together a “what needs to get better” tape
Same group of healthy guys come back
No new guys or moving parts

This bye came at the ideal time for a young, healthy defense to come together and make real gains in their command and consistency. This sounds crazy but I expect a top 5-10 type defense down the stretch.

Useless first round pick from this year
Useless second and third round picks from last year
Arod getting out of the quick rhythm of a few games ago and back into holding the ball for the big play
More road games, which means better-looking women and better, more available drugs for the players (and coaches)
A demonstrable inability to stop the run game or crossing routes

I had to do it!!!

Radagast
11-23-2019, 11:53 AM
The good news is:

Full time guys:
Alexander 2nd year in system 2nd year in league
King 2nd year in system 3rd year in league
Amos 1st year in system 5th year in league
Savage 1st year in system 1st year in league
Martinez 2nd year in system 4th year in league

Our 5 every down guys are all at ages and stages in the defense where they should be getting more sound. They’ve also been mostly heathy so coming off a bye, with a break to reset the mind and a self scout to dig into areas of improvement and health continuity going forward all make for a good environment to apply the adjustments and take steps forward toward savvy pro status. And as a defense they have a chance to become one of those groups that have played together, know each other and have that overall savvy to dial it up a notch.

Part time guys:
Tramon is a vet with experience in the defense
Campbell is a vet with experience in the defense but has some rust to knock off
Goodson is a vet who needs to keep gelling with the new group and defense
Redmond and Sullivan are guys who need to keep getting more sound and experienced

The part time guys aren’t as important as the full time guys, but outside of Tramon, the bye week reset and hopefully healthy finish line up for these guys to be in position to get some continuity and improvement in their games.

The stage is set. Health. A bye week reset. Young guys getting experience playing next to each other. A few easier games coming soon. The table is set for this defense to raise the bar and help win us an Owl.

You heard it here first!

Congratulations, you've once again "assumed" that all know and fully understand what an Owl is (other than the bird). I'm not sure of what it stands for myself. As popular as acronyms have become, I find that their overuse perpetuates still even more use of them. Under most long standing circumstances like measurements or organizations, familiar acronyms present no reasonable problems. However less used ones deserve to be explained before they are left to stand on their own.

pbmax
11-23-2019, 01:53 PM
Ordinary Wizarding Levels.

Upnorth
11-23-2019, 04:53 PM
Oblivious word learning

Upnorth
11-23-2019, 04:57 PM
Oops, I meant obvious, not oblivious. Guess it's a common spelling mistake from typing rapidly that makes it a little funny.

RashanGary
11-23-2019, 05:27 PM
Oops, I meant obvious, not oblivious. Guess it's a common spelling mistake from typing rapidly that makes it a little funny.

That’s what i figured it was too. Bobble uses it so I started using it. I should have called out his bullshit though. That would have been more productive

George Cumby
11-23-2019, 06:21 PM
Oblivious word learning

Don't talk trash about Woodbuck, he's almost never here anymore.

ThunderDan
11-23-2019, 06:32 PM
The superb owl was an autocorrect on our iPad. It has lived on since then. My favorite autocorrect was for Datone Jones. It went to fat one Jones.