PDA

View Full Version : Guess The Take!

pbmax
11-24-2019, 08:20 AM
Guess The Take!

No cheating by going and looking for the article!

Will post answers in More Banjo tonight.

Bill Huber, writer for terrible new SI:
For quite a while, I've said/written/thought the #Packers WR group is a problem with no obvious, reliable No. 2 behind Adams. Maybe I'm wrong.

Guess the galaxy brain take that has Bill reconsidering if not having a #2 WR is a problem.

Fritz
11-24-2019, 08:23 AM
Why does he think he's wrong? Is that a rhetorical statement, or is Jake Kumerow suddenly emerging as the next great white hope?

pbmax
11-24-2019, 08:28 AM
Why does he think he's wrong? Is that a rhetorical statement, or is Jake Kumerow suddenly emerging as the next great white hope?

Oh no, he is not being rhetorical. He is making a case that he IS wrong!

Your job is to guess that reasoning.

Fosco33
11-24-2019, 08:52 AM
It’s Adams and then everybody else (ie there is no number 2)?

RashanGary
11-24-2019, 09:08 AM
Jones, Adams and Rodgers along with a solid OL make it less painful. Plus the defense.

The Packers have done a good job mixing and matching personnel depending on situation and matchup to fill in around Adams and Jones.

So they’ve just found a way and have enough talent overall to make not having multiple receivers a huge problem. It’s similar to having great ILBs and defensive backs making up for not having a front 4. There are a bunch of ways to win.

Joemailman
11-24-2019, 09:17 AM
There was an article this week that shows that PFF says Rodgers has NFL's highest passer rating when throwing to backs. https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/22/aaron-rodgers-is-nfls-highest-graded-qb-on-passes-to-rbs-in-2019/

Jones, Williams and Vitale combined have over 600 yards receiving and 8 TD's. Backs have become the #2 receiver.

RashanGary
11-24-2019, 09:32 AM
Mailman is probably right on Huber’s take but I think I’m more right than Huber.

pbmax
11-24-2019, 10:06 AM
I will say that someone is close.

texaspackerbacker
11-24-2019, 12:30 PM
It’s Adams and then everybody else (ie there is no number 2)?

I agree with this - both that it probably is the take in the article and that it is accurate. Among the many things Rodgers is great at is taking what the D gives you, and some games/some plays that's one guy, sometimes it's somebody else.

Smidgeon
11-24-2019, 03:25 PM
Jones.