PDA

View Full Version : Winners/Losers from SF game

Cheesehead Craig
11-25-2019, 08:10 AM
Winners
Every other playoff contending team in the NFC. They can see the Pack are not as good as their record indicates. There's no fear of them.

Losers
The Packer fans. That was embarrassing. Special shout-out to Mad here as he paid money to witness that debacle in person. That will teach you to give money to the NFL.

Joemailman
11-25-2019, 08:17 AM
No real winners in a game like that, but a couple guys acquitted themselves well:

Z Smith had 6 tackles, 1.5 sacks, and 3 QB hits

Jamaal Williams had 80 total yards on a night when the team had less than 200.

That's about it.

Zool
11-25-2019, 08:35 AM
Loser: the bed of the Packers O. They shit all over that thing.

Fritz
11-25-2019, 11:17 AM
JK Scott - What the hell happened, man?

Rodgers - can you just hit the wide-open guy over the middle for the first down when it's third and whatever, instead of taking a high-risk shot down the field?

The offensive line - you dudes basically got your lunch handed to you, over and over.

Geronimo Allison - Before, he had no speed but good hands. Now he's got no speed and lousy hands.

MVS - He's lost.

Jimmy Graham - I'm 59 years old and I might be faster than he is.

Oren Burks - A wasted pick

Blake Martinez - Nice guy, good job communicating, but just too slow to cover.

Rashan Gary - did he play?

Freak Out
11-25-2019, 11:20 AM
Where is our #1 pick? you sure noticed the 49ers.

Patler
11-25-2019, 12:03 PM
Where is our #1 pick? you sure noticed the 49ers.

After half a season, are you really going to compare the #2 pick who was brought in to be a starter to the #12 pick who is behind $120M of free agent contracts having $40M guarantees? Did you REALLY expect him to make an impact this year? I didn't. He was a prospect pick, pure and simple. Why keep beating this dead horse?

beveaux1
11-25-2019, 12:43 PM
After half a season, are you really going to compare the #2 pick who was brought in to be a starter to the #12 pick who is behind $120M of free agent contracts having $40M guarantees? Did you REALLY expect him to make an impact this year? I didn't. He was a prospect pick, pure and simple. Why keep beating this dead horse?

I'm with you on this. Our other first round pick was picked to be a starter as was our 2nd round pick. Gary
was a young prospect who needs to learn the position. We signed 2 extremely high priced free agents to start
and teach him. Give him 3 or 4 years.

MadtownPacker
11-25-2019, 01:03 PM
Winners
Every other playoff contending team in the NFC. They can see the Pack are not as good as their record indicates. There's no fear of them.

Losers
The Packer fans. That was embarrassing. Special shout-out to Mad here as he paid money to witness that debacle in person. That will teach you to give money to the NFL.LOSER testimony: Well it started out as a swell day in Santa Clara. The weather was great, warm even, got slightly cool by the end of the game. For the record I did not pay the ridiculous prices people wanted. Those prices are probbly what made it worse for the many Packer backers.

Driving up to the stadium, my primo (who hooked up the tickets at face value) knew all the in and outs. When everyone else was waiting to get it figured out from Highway 101 he was making all the right moves like a pre-Scientology Tom Cruise. Avoiding traffic pressure and finding the open lane. He obviously had come prepared to win this traffic chess match. It wasn’t a small feat but he had been ready since well before Saturday. He trafficked 6 of us and himself as he provided coyote duties.

Riding up I immediately thought damn lots of Packers fans! Started feeling like a home game. I would say it was probably 30-35 to 65-70 ratio. As we pulled into the premium parking lot right up to the stadium I began sensing something. My cuz had came gameday ready as we followed him to a booth to see if he could get some pre-game field passes. He was got two for visitor sideline.

All kinds of cool shit going on outside not as good as what I saw at Lambeau but real good. SNL bus was there, we all went inside they had Rodgers and Garrapolo locker replicas you take a pic on. Coolest thing we did was a mock SNF commentary video (they had the SNF booth with fake mikes you can hold). Primo of course picked Niners I picked Pack. He commented Rodgers would turn it over. I said Rodgers would “throw 3 TDS or throw a temper tantrum”. Fucking Nostradamus there. Now he has a video to always show me when they got bitch slapped and he predicted it.

Once we went in the stadium with about an hour plus to go he walked us to the field and handed my son and me the field passes. We said hell yeah and walked in. Able to hang out right in the edge of the field off to the side of the visitors area, side Packers warming up on. I wasn’t there for long, saw Adams and Kumerow catch a few, but went back up and gave my sons friend, who we invited, a chance to go down there (first NFL game, kids from Texas, patriots fan). My kids told me after I left Rodgers and everyone else came out right in front of him. Guess I missed my chance to tell him to call his momma for Xmas.

Game startered, all of you saw what happened from there. All the go Pack go chants from before the game came back from the drunk groups of Niners fans in the form of “go Pack home” for pretty much the whole 4th quarter. We stayed until the end, watching departing Packer backers walking out embarrassed to have watched such a stinker. I made horrible comments as we walked out. Niners fans either laughed or got shocked that I was ripping Rodgers so hard. They didn’t even trash talk me because I was doing such a fine job of disgust with the toilet flush everyone had just witnessed.

We drove home and had some great tacos on the way. I splashed a ton of habanero sauce on mine to get the bitter taste out of my mouth. Best part of the night after the first whistle. We drove off into the night to get home.

bobblehead
11-25-2019, 03:18 PM
Pretty sure this thread should be titles duds and bigger duds.

Bretsky
11-25-2019, 08:50 PM

I did expect the #12 pick in the NFL draft to make an impact. And so did the GM and coaches

And I certainly expected him to be playing over Fackrell by now. Brian Burns is a beast; GB commented about getting an elite Edge. That was Brian Burns

I'm not beating the horse; I'm trying to stay away from Tarzan Jane.

But as Chris Carter says...COME ON MAN....

Joemailman
11-25-2019, 08:58 PM
I did expect the #12 pick in the NFL draft to make an impact. And so did the GM and coaches

And I certainly expected him to be playing over Fackrell by now. Brian Burns is a beast; GB commented about getting an elite Edge. That was Brian Burns

I'm not beating the horse; I'm trying to stay away from Tarzan Jane.

But as Chris Carter says...COME ON MAN....

Quoting Cris Carter in a Packer forum? COME ON MAN!:bang::smack:

woodbuck27
11-25-2019, 09:10 PM
LOSER testimony: Well it started out as a swell day in Santa Clara. The weather was great, warm even, got slightly cool by the end of the game. For the record I did not pay the ridiculous prices people wanted. Those prices are probbly what made it worse for the many Packer backers.

Driving up to the stadium, my primo (who hooked up the tickets at face value) knew all the in and outs. When everyone else was waiting to get it figured out from Highway 101 he was making all the right moves like a pre-Scientology Tom Cruise. Avoiding traffic pressure and finding the open lane. He obviously had come prepared to win this traffic chess match. It wasn’t a small feat but he had been ready since well before Saturday. He trafficked 6 of us and himself as he provided coyote duties.

Riding up I immediately thought damn lots of Packers fans! Started feeling like a home game. I would say it was probably 30-35 to 65-70 ratio. As we pulled into the premium parking lot right up to the stadium I began sensing something. My cuz had came gameday ready as we followed him to a booth to see if he could get some pre-game field passes. He was got two for visitor sideline.

All kinds of cool shit going on outside not as good as what I saw at Lambeau but real good. SNL bus was there, we all went inside they had Rodgers and Garrapolo locker replicas you take a pic on. Coolest thing we did was a mock SNF commentary video (they had the SNF booth with fake mikes you can hold). Primo of course picked Niners I picked Pack. He commented Rodgers would turn it over. I said Rodgers would “throw 3 TDS or throw a temper tantrum”. Fucking Nostradamus there. Now he has a video to always show me when they got bitch slapped and he predicted it.

Once we went in the stadium with about an hour plus to go he walked us to the field and handed my son and me the field passes. We said hell yeah and walked in. Able to hang out right in the edge of the field off to the side of the visitors area, side Packers warming up on. I wasn’t there for long, saw Adams and Kumerow catch a few, but went back up and gave my sons friend, who we invited, a chance to go down there (first NFL game, kids from Texas, patriots fan). My kids told me after I left Rodgers and everyone else came out right in front of him. Guess I missed my chance to tell him to call his momma for Xmas.

Game startered, all of you saw what happened from there. All the go Pack go chants from before the game came back from the drunk groups of Niners fans in the form of “go Pack home” for pretty much the whole 4th quarter. We stayed until the end, watching departing Packer backers walking out embarrassed to have watched such a stinker. I made horrible comments as we walked out. Niners fans either laughed or got shocked that I was ripping Rodgers so hard. They didn’t even trash talk me because I was doing such a fine job of disgust with the toilet flush everyone had just witnessed.

We drove home and had some great tacos on the way. I splashed a ton of habanero sauce on mine to get the bitter taste out of my mouth. Best part of the night after the first whistle. We drove off into the night to get home.

That was a colorful read .

Thanks Mad and I'm sad you witnessed such 'a vomit inducing performance' by the team that no real contender will fear.

Woody

KYPack
11-26-2019, 02:23 PM
Great account,Mad.

No better a time can be had seeing a great win at Lambeau.

It's a real downer seeing the Pack get blown out on the road.

No amount of habernero can drown the taste of that ass whuppin'.

Fritz
11-27-2019, 10:23 AM

Time will tell. I'm still waiting for him to make an impact at the college level. I did think by now he would be in a position to make an impact in situational spots. But no.

red
11-27-2019, 03:59 PM

maybe with the #12 overall pick you don't pick a "project" at a position where you just spent 120 million and already have a backup coming off a double digit sack season

it was a horrible player, picked at a position we probably didn't really need after free agency

th87
11-28-2019, 03:27 AM
LOSER testimony: Well it started out as a swell day in Santa Clara. The weather was great, warm even, got slightly cool by the end of the game. For the record I did not pay the ridiculous prices people wanted. Those prices are probbly what made it worse for the many Packer backers.

Damn, I was there too - Section 228. Wish I'd seen you were going before. But I wasn't smart like you; we paid 350 a pop, plus the flight from DC, and I dislocated my thumb the day before playing football because I'm apparently an old man now.

Did get the field pass too, which was interesting, but was on the 49er side and didn't see anyone. Others in my group got to chop it up with Kittle and Cris Collinsworth. Lots of Packers fans.

Most fans were fine, but some were definitely belligerent which led me to wonder how many yards they had.

They serve Indian food at the stadium, which I found hilariously surprising (and it was good).

Rodgers was terrible. Ignoring open receivers and taking unnecessary sacks (never realized how bad it was). We're not going to beat anyone good if he doesn't figure out his yips.

Also got amazing burritos afterwards.

pbmax
11-28-2019, 09:20 PM
th87, welcome back!

th87
11-29-2019, 02:03 AM
th87, welcome back!

Thank you! Just had to switch to lurking more and soaking in the knowledge. Hope you're well, and Happy Thanksgiving!

falco
11-29-2019, 09:11 AM
Thank you! Just had to switch to lurking more and soaking in the knowledge. Hope you're well, and Happy Thanksgiving!

woop woop!

Fritz
11-29-2019, 09:14 AM
Soaking in knowledge? What the hell's wrong with you? A good poster blurts out whatever he feels at the moment, facts and knowledge be damned.

I can show you how.

Viz, the Packers lost - got hammered - against a good team. They've been struggling the last few weeks. Pettine's defense is looking worse and worse. Aaron Rodgers is up to his old tricks.

This team sucks! They are, in fact, going to lose Sunday in New York. You just wait and see.

KYPack
11-29-2019, 10:25 AM
Thanks, Fritz.

That cinches the victory.

Fritz
11-29-2019, 01:24 PM
Thanks, Fritz.

That cinches the victory.

Always happy to oblige.

I take full credit for 2015 (was that the year?), when Rodgers and I willed an undermanned team with a leaky defense all the way to the NFC Championship game. But neither Rodgers's exceptional talent and will nor my exceptionally dark pessimism could make up for a lack of team speed.

I think I'll start the next game thread after the Packers lose to a team they ought not to - whether that's NY, or the Dysfunctionalskins, or da Burps. I'm hoping I can carry all you reasonable, knowledgeable people on my back all the way to the Superb Owl.

MadtownPacker
12-02-2019, 11:56 AM
Damn, I was there too - Section 228. Wish I'd seen you were going before. But I wasn't smart like you; we paid 350 a pop, plus the flight from DC, and I dislocated my thumb the day before playing football because I'm apparently an old man now.

Did get the field pass too, which was interesting, but was on the 49er side and didn't see anyone. Others in my group got to chop it up with Kittle and Cris Collinsworth. Lots of Packers fans.

Most fans were fine, but some were definitely belligerent which led me to wonder how many yards they had.

They serve Indian food at the stadium, which I found hilariously surprising (and it was good).

Rodgers was terrible. Ignoring open receivers and taking unnecessary sacks (never realized how bad it was). We're not going to beat anyone good if he doesn't figure out his yips.

Also got amazing burritos afterwards.You where right above me (124). Too bad you didn’t let me know. I could have smoked you out before the game. At least you got a good burrito for your troubles.