PDA

View Full Version : rookie coach & players=Bad idea

ZachMN
09-11-2006, 12:23 PM
After sleeping on this it occured to me that TT does not know what he is doing. With a rookie coach(s) one needs to have some verteran presence in the locker room. We have none. this team has abosolutely no direction to it at all.
The wheels have fallen off and unless TT does something to show that he knows what he's doing like cutting woodson -Yes CUT WOODSON! (his career is over) its gonna be a long drought my fellow Packer Backers.

Rastak
09-11-2006, 12:26 PM
After sleeping on this it occured to me that TT does not know what he is doing. With a rookie coach(s) one needs to have some verteran presence in the locker room. We have none. this team has abosolutely no direction to it at all.
The wheels have fallen off and unless TT does something to show that he knows what he's doing like cutting woodson -Yes CUT WOODSON! (his career is over) its gonna be a long drought my fellow Packer Backers.

That's not really true, you have Al Harris on defense and Bret Favre on offense.

ZachMN
09-11-2006, 12:38 PM
Ill be crucified for saying this but Favre isnt a lockerroom presence. Also, he wasn't the reason we won a Superbowl- Reggie White was. And Driver and Kampman are the only two guys who play with any heart or passion right now.

mission
09-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Ill be crucified for saying this but Favre isnt a lockerroom presence. Also, he wasn't the reason we won a Superbowl- Reggie White was. And Driver and Kampman are the only two guys who play with any heart or passion right now.

i can see why you would think that but, honestly, ive thought that all along. im also definitely NOT in the party of people that want favre out -- good, bad or otherwise -- as im a blind favre supporter who will never ever boo the man.

that being said, he's made a lot of comments about how it's not his job to do this or do that and he doesnt seem to be the kind of guy that leads a team. the team goes as you go and a lot of his statements are "hopeful" ones leading to only more HOPE from the rest of his team.

well hope doesn't win shit boys and unless we get a little cockiness going at some point, we'll have to wait for a few years before that "know" starts producing wins.

prsnfoto
09-11-2006, 12:52 PM

As you should be Favre is the reason Reggie came. That defense was great and I think we win the superbowl with or without Reggie that certainly can't be said about Favre we lose without him.

MJZiggy
09-11-2006, 12:57 PM

That's not really true, you have Al Harris on defense and Bret Favre on offense.

You forgot Henderson, Manuel and Barnett.

We just got our asses handed to us and Barnett's in the locker room telling the press not to worry about it, that we're gonna win plenty of games and we have what it takes to be a dominant team. I hope they don't check him for illegal substances today now that I think about it.

ZachMN
09-11-2006, 08:43 PM
Two players is not enough. How many rookies are on this team? How many guys like Poppinga who aren't technically rookies but might as well be. My point is its a bad mix to have a coaching staff that is inexperienced along with players. Hopefully in three years this will all seem worth it.

Whether or not Brett is the reason Reggie came here is irrelevant, Farve has gotten away with so much and its caught up with him. Holmgren had an iron fist and thats what Favre needed. Now we have a joke of a team from top to bottom.

Its really bad when opposing teams get more out of the Lambeau 'Mystique" than the Packers do but thats been the case since asshole moss torched us on Monday night; its been a slow decline into mediocrity.

K-town
09-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Its really bad when opposing teams get more out of the Lambeau 'Mystique" than the Packers do but thats been the case since asshole moss torched us on Monday night; its been a slow decline into mediocrity.

At this point I'd welcome mediocrity. It's several steps up from where we are right now, which is in the crapper.