PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers vs. Giants Discussion Thread

Joemailman
11-25-2019, 05:43 PM
Time to move on.

It will be interesting to see how LaFleur handles the practice schedule. Team got back early Monday morning from California, and will have to fly to the east coast for the next game. In between, you have Thanksgiving Day, with Thursday usually being a full pads practice.

As for the Giants, they are nothing special, ranking near the bottom of the NFL in most categories. Defensively, they're statistically similar to the Packers yardage-wise, but give up a lot more points. Offensively Evan Engram is a good TE, but has been out for 3 weeks with a foot sprain. Saquon Barkley has also missed some games, but is playing now. His numbers are way down from last year though. Their rookie QB Daniel Jones has 17 TD passes, but has fumbled 14 times and thrown 8 INT's.

This is a game where the Packers just need to take care of business.

red
11-25-2019, 06:04 PM
Packers should have gone straight from the plane to the practice field

After watching film on the way home of course

Joemailman
11-25-2019, 06:45 PM
Might not be a given that Light starts at RT if Bulaga can't go. LaFleur said "We've got some other thoughts potentially to make sure we put our best 5 out there".

Most likely scenario would be moving Turner to RT and Patrick to RG. Turner started 4 games at RT last year.

red
11-25-2019, 07:32 PM
turner was suppose to be the backup RT if/when bulaga got hurt, when we signed him

gotta hope he's better at tackle the guard

KYPack
11-25-2019, 07:48 PM
I was thinking the same thing, boys.

Light seems, well, light at RT.

My brother called me at 8 am, (6am his time) to lament this morning and we had the same conversation about this.

I can't believe we signed Turner for that huge contract.

Playing him at RT makes more sense as far as getting out dimes worth from him.

How bad is BB anyway?

Joemailman
11-25-2019, 08:04 PM

My brother called me at 8 am, (6am his time) to lament this morning and we had the same conversation about this.

How bad is BB anyway?

LaFleur simply won't talk about injuries. No idea about Bulaga other than he didn't reinjure the ACL. Crazy money they gave him, but his ability tolay RT was probably a factor.

red
11-25-2019, 08:13 PM

How bad is BB anyway?

sprained mcl

expected back at some point this season

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2019/11/25/20981705/bryan-bulaga-injury-update-no-major-knee-injury-for-packers-tackle-per-report

pbmax
11-25-2019, 08:52 PM
Lucas Patrick will be fine, though he run blocks better than pass blocks. But he will clean someone's clock this year.

Turner at RT is an open question to me.

KYPack
11-25-2019, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the Link, Red.

Man, Bulaga sure seems older than 30.

Last year of his contract, he can't handle the marquee speed rushers anymore.

This is probably the swan song for BB.

We need him for this stretch run, tho.

call_me_ishmael
11-25-2019, 10:56 PM
What stud pass rusher has made a healthy Bulaga look bad this year? The media reports have largely been very positive.

scharpcheddar
11-26-2019, 04:33 AM
this will be an easy win. I picked Rams to lose vs SF anyway

pbmax
11-26-2019, 10:12 PM
What stud pass rusher has made a healthy Bulaga look bad this year? The media reports have largely been very positive.

Bosa and Ingram.

call_me_ishmael
11-26-2019, 10:38 PM
Bosa and Ingram.

I admittedly didn't watch the game. Wasn't Bosa primarily matched up with Bakhtiari?

Fritz
11-27-2019, 10:16 AM
Well, they better not get "surprised" in NY. They got no reason to feel overconfident - it's been pretty rocky this past month.

I would like to see the defense not get gashed so easily. That bugs the hell out of me.

texaspackerbacker
11-27-2019, 01:13 PM
The Packers key is getting pressure on the rookie QB and at the same time, not letting him escape and run. The kid is fairly good but he tends to put it up for grabs. It bugs the hell out of me too to see our D get gashed, and with Barkley, that very well could happen. We probably will need to outscore 'em.

As bad as our O Line is, we should be able to survive on Rodgers' escapability as we have against everybody other than the Chargers and Niners.

MadScientist
11-27-2019, 05:37 PM
Packers picked up a veteran OT who unretired and was waved by the pats.
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2019/11/27/20986254/packers-claim-ot-jared-veldheer-on-waivers-after-un-retirement

Remaining salary should be about $1M Great, cheap find if he's healthy and still has most of his ability.

Joemailman
11-30-2019, 08:30 PM
Thom Brennaman and Chris Spielman with the call.

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2019&wk=13

https://506sports.com/2019/13-FOX-V2.png