PDA

View Full Version : Our last Superb Owl

George Cumby
11-27-2019, 02:35 PM
Rainy day here in the NorCal foothills. The bad weather forced us to leave the desert two days early, Tehachapi pass is gonna' be a nightmare Thursday. For Cali, it's a chilly 37.

But I'm jonesing for the snow covered rolling hills of south-west Wisconsin, cold air that bites when you breathe in, Old Style ads in liquor store windows, long drawn out vowels.

I'm a cheapskate, cord-cutting luddite so I don't pay for tv, so no sports to put on the tube.

So I'm watching the Packers Championship Game victory over the Bears, in 2010, mind you.

Whatever happened to Ted in the last few years, that team was fucking STACKED. Whatever happened to M3 after the Seattle debacle, that dude could coach early on.

Stacked, well coached, fun to watch.

That is all.

CaptainKickass
11-27-2019, 06:00 PM
Rainy day here in the NorCal foothills. The bad weather forced us to leave the desert two days early, Tehachapi pass is gonna' be a nightmare Thursday. For Cali, it's a chilly 37.

But I'm jonesing for the snow covered rolling hills of south-west Wisconsin, cold air that bites when you breathe in, Old Style ads in liquor store windows, long drawn out vowels.

I'm a cheapskate, cord-cutting luddite so I don't pay for tv, so no sports to put on the tube.

So I'm watching the Packers Championship Game victory over the Bears, in 2010, mind you.

Whatever happened to Ted in the last few years, that team was fucking STACKED. Whatever happened to M3 after the Seattle debacle, that dude could coach early on.

Stacked, well coached, fun to watch.

That is all.

It appears to me in retrospect that the loss of John Schneider (AKA: Bo Duke) to Seattle as their GM is what happened to Ted and his drafts. Seattle's talent acquisition quality looks to have increased and Green Bay's talent acquisition quality decreased with this move.

Joemailman
11-27-2019, 08:23 PM
It appears to me in retrospect that the loss of John Schneider (AKA: Bo Duke) to Seattle as their GM is what happened to Ted and his drafts. Seattle's talent acquisition quality looks to have increased and Green Bay's talent acquisition quality decreased with this move.

Lost John Dorsey after 2009 and Schneider after 2012. That was a big loss of talent.

hoosier
11-27-2019, 08:50 PM
That 2010 team had depth but it also had a couple of guys who were just playing out of their heads at the right time: ARod on offense and Tramon on defense. I'm sure it helped that they had Jenkins, a motivated Raji and CMIII rushing the passer, but from mid December to the SB Tramon may have had the best six weeks by a Packer defensive back in four decades. He saved the wild card game against a Vick comeback and he turned around the divisional game with his two timely picks.

pbmax
11-28-2019, 09:18 PM
Good and lucky plays too. I think Rand or someone likes to point our Desmond Bishops shoestring tackle on Vick in the second half.

hoosier
11-28-2019, 10:39 PM
I think the shoestring was on Desean Jackson, wasn't it? I would argue that Tramon's contributions were greater than a lucky diving tackle. Packers outplayed Philly in that game on both sides of the ball. If Bishop whiffs on that tackle they still have time to get it back. But, yes, it helps to have luck on your side. The Colts would not disagree.

Fritz
11-29-2019, 09:16 AM

I think Schneider's loss was huge. He's been outsmarting the rest of the league for a while now; the trade for Clowney was brilliant.

Trading a sixth to get Quandre Diggs from a dysfunctional Detroit organization was also very smart.

Bretsky
11-29-2019, 11:28 AM
I think Schneider's loss was huge. He's been outsmarting the rest of the league for a while now; the trade for Clowney was brilliant.

Trading a sixth to get Quandre Diggs from a dysfunctional Detroit organization was also very smart.

agree

Anti-Polar Bear
11-29-2019, 12:26 PM
The last time the Packers won the Super Bowl, I was in my late 20's: already balding due to an amorous disorder, but still a potent young-ish man nonetheless. Time is on your side, said Coldplay.

I love Coldplay, but fuck, time ain't on anyone's side. Time fucks away faster than the speed of fuck. If you're fortunate enough to survive the times, you're usually unfortunate enough to lose a loved one from time to time.

Yet, as the Earth continues to fuck her way around some mediocre star in perfect harmony, nothing changes except your face.

George Cumby
11-29-2019, 02:18 PM
Lol.

Idk if that’s inspired or insane. Maybe both.

KYPack
11-29-2019, 04:24 PM
The last time the Packers won the Super Bowl, I was in my late 20's: already balding due to an amorous disorder, but still a potent young-ish man nonetheless. Time is on your side, said Coldplay.

I love Coldplay, but fuck, time ain't on anyone's side. Time fucks away faster than the speed of fuck. If you're fortunate enough to survive the times, you're usually unfortunate enough to lose a loved one from time to time.

Yet, as the Earth continues to fuck her way around some mediocre star in perfect harmony, nothing changes except your face.

Hard to say what it is, but you definitely have serious problems.

bobblehead
11-30-2019, 08:09 AM

See, these are the posts that keep me coming back to you.

bobblehead
11-30-2019, 08:09 AM
Hard to say what it is, but you definitely have serious problems.

All great artists do KY, they are brilliant asshats.

pbmax
11-30-2019, 10:46 AM
I kinda want to know about the amorous disorder. But I also don’t want to know.

KYPack
11-30-2019, 11:04 PM
All great artists do KY, they are brilliant asshats.

Thx for the light slap for troll feeding.

Couldn't help it, bud.

hoosier
12-05-2019, 07:57 AM
I kinda want to know about the amorous disorder. But I also don’t want to know.

I think he meant to write amorphous.

CaptainKickass
12-05-2019, 10:17 AM

He has a Morpheus disorder?

https://i.redd.it/oxwjghsvw6iz.jpg

run pMc
12-05-2019, 10:30 AM

But 'amorous' sounds funnier.

pbmax
12-05-2019, 10:39 AM
But 'amorous' sounds funnier.

Either way, how does it help explain balding?

3irty1
12-05-2019, 11:11 AM

friction

Fritz
12-05-2019, 11:21 AM

Gonorrhea causes balding?

hoosier
12-05-2019, 11:37 AM

I think APB was trying to describe his life as a Horta: amorphous, hairless, misunderstood and wounded. No kill I.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c5/STDevil_inTheDark.jpg/270px-STDevil_inTheDark.jpg

George Cumby
12-05-2019, 12:03 PM
APB is silicon based?

pbmax
12-05-2019, 01:15 PM
APB is silicon based?

Explains his shut down corner ability on carbon bass life forms. He'll burn you.

CaptainKickass
12-05-2019, 01:35 PM
Explains his shut down corner ability on carbon bass life forms.

CARBON BASS?

https://isteam.wsimg.com/ip/62a33986-c6b1-11e4-b348-f04da207780b/ols/351_original/:/rs=w:600,h:600

Or

CARBON BASS?

http://www.meridianguitars.com/dev/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/JazzEvo3-1028x500.jpg

QBME
12-05-2019, 03:46 PM
CARBON BASS?

https://isteam.wsimg.com/ip/62a33986-c6b1-11e4-b348-f04da207780b/ols/351_original/:/rs=w:600,h:600

Or

CARBON BASS?

http://www.meridianguitars.com/dev/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/JazzEvo3-1028x500.jpg

Sweet looking 5 string.

KYPack
12-05-2019, 04:01 PM
Tank has many, many problems.

Mentally, spiritually, physically, the whole bit.

Just a few days ago, he went into a store to buy a Christmas tree. The salesman asked if he was going to put it up himself.

Tank said, "No, in the living room."

George Cumby
12-05-2019, 04:21 PM
ROFLMAO

pbmax
12-05-2019, 05:37 PM
Still blaming it on auto correct. I can't type, but normally can spell.

George Cumby
12-05-2019, 06:34 PM
Still blaming it on auto correct. I can't type, but normally can spell.

Just roll with it, it adds to the absurdity of this thread, this board, Packers fandom, NFL fandom and sports fandom in general.

MadtownPacker
12-05-2019, 08:53 PM
Tank has many, many problems.

Mentally, spiritually, physically, the whole bit.

Just a few days ago, he went into a store to buy a Christmas tree. The salesman asked if he was going to put it up himself.

Tank said, "No, in the living room."
Ha! You burned him harder than his hamburger flipping grill!

hoosier
12-06-2019, 12:28 PM
Remember the Meadow? I know CHC does. Well, we need to invent a place for KYP, somewhere he can vent his frustrations with a certain poster. I propose the Woodshed. Or create a hybrid Meadow/Woodshed room where scores get settled and punishments inflicted.

CaptainKickass
12-06-2019, 12:37 PM
Remember the Meadow? I know CHC does. Well, we need to invent a place for KYP, somewhere he can vent his frustrations with a certain poster. I propose the Woodshed. Or create a hybrid Meadow/Woodshed room where scores get settled and punishments inflicted.

There's already a name for that....

https://live.staticflickr.com/1355/1333862850_af2ff6726a_b.jpg

MadtownPacker
12-06-2019, 02:28 PM
Remember the Meadow? I know CHC does. Well, we need to invent a place for KYP, somewhere he can vent his frustrations with a certain poster. I propose the Woodshed. Or create a hybrid Meadow/Woodshed room where scores get settled and punishments inflicted.I had proposed something like that years ago. Yes it was gonna be The Meadow! Pretty much a thread that enemies would be locked into and everyone else could only view and vote on who they felt was winning. Just like Thunderdome two enter but only one comes out, the other banned to the wasteland.

hoosier
12-06-2019, 04:16 PM
That should be within your technical capabilities, no? What's the hold up? :-)

MadtownPacker
12-06-2019, 07:32 PM
Everyone thought it was stupid and I believe it didn’t pass the vote a poll I made.

KYPack
12-06-2019, 09:43 PM
Hoosier, I'll tone it down a bit, but that is a funny joke. I know, I laughed at it.

The meadow is a lame idea, nobody wanted to do it.

I don't nail Tank all the time, just when he lies, or is REAL stupid or weird.

Hell I don't even campaign to ban him anymore.

We'd have to go rent a troll, any decent forum has to have one.