PDA

View Full Version : Urban Meyer, Cowboy's next Head Coach ?

Radagast
11-27-2019, 11:20 PM
With all of the heat that Jason Garrett is getting from Jerry Jones, I look for a coaching change in Dallas when the current season ends. In addition, Urban Meyer has already stated that if he did take on a HC position in the NFL, that the only team he would consider would be in Dallas.

Loyalty aside, Jerry ain't getting any younger and I believe that he strongly wants another SB ring before he dies. Just how much control over player recruiting may well be a factor with Meyer accepting a term as Dallas HC.

Could be an interesting upcoming drama in D town. :-)

George Cumby
11-28-2019, 12:12 PM
That would be Karmically awesome.

texaspackerbacker
11-29-2019, 06:18 PM
What is this doing in Romper Room?

The most likely coach next season for the Cowboys is Jason Garrett. In the unlikely event Garrett does get fired, I am pretty sure Urban Meyer is not Jerry Jones' kind of people. My bet other than Garrett staying would be Ken Norton Jr.

Radagast
11-29-2019, 07:46 PM
What is this doing in Romper Room?

The most likely coach next season for the Cowboys is Jason Garrett. In the unlikely event Garrett does get fired, I am pretty sure Urban Meyer is not Jerry Jones' kind of people. My bet other than Garrett staying would be Ken Norton Jr.

Wow, you really are the King of Poor Judgement.

Garrett is already on the hot seat in Dallas. A Wildcard seed may save his job, but a Wildcard loss would take it away. As for Meyer, Jerry Jones has gone outside of the "Dallas Family" before and won. In any case, I see Garrett moving to another team (like the NYG) or sitting out for a season. Urban Meyer is ready to step up to the NFL and if he and Jerry can agree on terms, it very well could happen.

Bretsky
11-29-2019, 08:11 PM

Garrett is already on the hot seat in Dallas. A Wildcard seed may save his job, but a Wildcard loss would take it away. As for Meyer, Jerry Jones has gone outside of the "Dallas Family" before and won. In any case, I see Garrett moving to another team (like the NYG) or sitting out for a season. Urban Meyer is ready to step up to the NFL and if he and Jerry can agree on terms, it very well could happen.

ESPN 1070 in Madison chatted about this possibility for a long time on Wednesday

Cheesehead Craig
11-29-2019, 08:24 PM
Barring a miraculous turnaround and a deep playoff run, Garrett's gone.

call_me_ishmael
11-29-2019, 11:04 PM
I love it and hope it happens. I dislike Urb personally and professionally, but I sort of love the idea of trying something new in the NFL and bringing in some new ideas. I bet Urb could win a super bowl
If his system works. He’s got the right RB and QB to execute his system I’d think.

texaspackerbacker
11-30-2019, 01:12 AM

hahahahaha I stand by what I said/predicted. Ya'all don't know Jerry Jones very well. It's highly unlikely he is gonna get rid of Garrett short of them failing to make the playoffs, and that piece of shit, Urban Meyers absolutely ain't the kind of guy Jerry Jones would choose. Meyers' "system" is cheating in recruiting. That, of course, doesn't apply in the NFL.

Miraculous finish? The Cowboys and the Eagles both have pretty easy schedules going forward. It will undoubtedly come down to their head to head game. The Cowboys winning the East wouldn't be a miracle; It would just be things going about as expected.

Cheesehead Craig
11-30-2019, 10:27 AM
I ain't talking about winning the shitty East as the miracle. The Cowboys are a seriously flawed team. They haven't beat a team with a winning record. The miraculous turnaround would be they actually start winning playoff games. I think their culture under Garrett sucks, and they don't respond to adversity well at all. So unless that whole mindset / culture changes, they aren't going anywhere.

ThunderDan
11-30-2019, 04:32 PM
Beating the Eagles, Giants and Wash isn’t any thing to brag about. You get them twice and you have 6 wins guaranteed.

red
11-30-2019, 06:08 PM
didn't meyer retire because his heart or body was trying to kill him?

i don't think they guy can survive the stress of working for that inbred hillbilly fuck down in texas

if he were to return to coaching it would be back in college where he has total control over everything. jerry wants a lap dog yes man

Radagast
11-30-2019, 07:57 PM
Not being a Green Bay Packer related subject, this thread was started in the Romper Room category. The decision to move it here is based on what? Either way it stands on its own.
I could never reason why those with the power feel the need to make unneeded changes, unless they just want to show everyone that they have the power .

red
11-30-2019, 08:24 PM
Not being a Green Bay Packer related subject, this thread was started in the Romper Room category. The decision to move it here is based on what? Either way it stands on its own.
I could never reason why those with the power feel the need to make unneeded changes, unless they just want to show everyone that they have the power .

if you have a problem with it, i'm sure you can fucking leave. you're a troll, not a useful member

you won't be missed

hell, we might even throw a party

i'm sure the powers that be were just trying to do you a favor since no one goes in the romper room, but you wouldn't know that since you're just a fucking troll

Radagast
11-30-2019, 08:56 PM
if you have a problem with it, i'm sure you can fucking leave. you're a troll, not a useful member

you won't be missed

hell, we might even throw a party

i'm sure the powers that be were just trying to do you a favor since no one goes in the romper room, but you wouldn't know that since you're just a fucking troll

Nothing but love for you too.

https://ih0.redbubble.net/image.619046370.7030/mp,840x830,matte,f8f8f8,t-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

red
11-30-2019, 09:09 PM
is that a threat?

esoxx
11-30-2019, 09:56 PM
I can see Lincoln Riley being the Cowboys next head coach.

To see Tex as a Jason Garrett apologist is just too funny. My hope is they keep Garrett. His teams scare no one, especially come playoff time.

Bretsky
11-30-2019, 10:20 PM
Personally I think I always post any football related topic in this area

George Cumby
11-30-2019, 10:35 PM
is that a threat?

:drma:

George Cumby
11-30-2019, 10:36 PM
Personally I think I always post any football related topic in this area

IKR, it's not rocket surgery.

Cheesehead Craig
12-01-2019, 03:46 PM

They didn't lock the thread, they just moved it to a more visible area. I don't get what the big deal is here.

red
12-01-2019, 03:56 PM
They didn't lock the thread, they just moved it to a more visible area. I don't get what the big deal is here.

he's just here to annoy the hell out of us, nothing more

a troll

i already had to take a break from this site once because of that worthless fuck

MadtownPacker
12-01-2019, 05:08 PM
is that a threat?Hopefully. If he comes thru on the 187 the story will make national news and the site url will get put out there.

https://youtu.be/gGGDzEWvGRY

pbmax
12-01-2019, 05:14 PM
I read that Jones all but guaranteed Garrett is gone unless he makes a deep playoff run, but the quotes leave al' Jerrah a LOT of wiggle room.

However, with Garrett on the last year of a deal, Jones can negotiate with anyone and not step on any toes. If he's not too public, he might even get to keep Jason G as his fall back.

MadtownPacker
12-01-2019, 05:14 PM
http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?1438-Forum-rules

red
12-01-2019, 05:26 PM
http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?1438-Forum-rules

we have rules?

Fritz
12-01-2019, 05:38 PM
Urban Meyer and Jerruh - two people I highly detest. Even more reasons to despise Dallas.

George Cumby
12-01-2019, 07:24 PM
Urban Meyer and Jerruh - two people I highly detest. Even more reasons to despise Dallas.

And all the more reason for this match made in a septic tank to be consummated.

texaspackerbacker
12-01-2019, 09:00 PM
I can see Lincoln Riley being the Cowboys next head coach.

To see Tex as a Jason Garrett apologist is just too funny. My hope is they keep Garrett. His teams scare no one, especially come playoff time.

Did I say anything to indicate what I want? I can take or leave Jason Garrett. I am, however, a Jerry Jones fan or apologist or whatever you want to call it. Incredibly, red - that imbecile supreme - came up with an acorn of truth above about what Jerry Jones wants in a Cowboy coach.

The thing I tend to hate is change; Me and Jerry Jones have that in common.

Lincoln Riley i.e. Barry Switzer 2.0? Not a bad choice - if there was gonna be a new coach. Put this down as a firm prediction, though (and rub my nose in it if it turns out that I'm wrong). Jerry Jones ain't replacing Garrett, especially not when they are strongly likely to be first in the East and beat a wild card team at home.

MadScientist
12-02-2019, 12:34 PM
Did I say anything to indicate what I want? I can take or leave Jason Garrett. I am, however, a Jerry Jones fan or apologist or whatever you want to call it. Incredibly, red - that imbecile supreme - came up with an acorn of truth above about what Jerry Jones wants in a Cowboy coach.

The thing I tend to hate is change; Me and Jerry Jones have that in common.

Lincoln Riley i.e. Barry Switzer 2.0? Not a bad choice - if there was gonna be a new coach. Put this down as a firm prediction, though (and rub my nose in it if it turns out that I'm wrong). Jerry Jones ain't replacing Garrett, especially not when they are strongly likely to be first in the East and beat a wild card team at home.

First in the least is likely to get GB or MN or SEA or SF. I wouldn't bet on Dallas with those choices.

As for Meyer, he can't pay top recruits in the NFL. They are cracking down on thuggish off-field activities, so the bad boy era is mostly over. He won't be able to hid the next Aaron Hernandez. Much as I would like to see Meyers fall on his fucking face, I don't want that piece of shit to get even one red cent from any NFL team.

pbmax
12-02-2019, 04:14 PM
tex, you have to admit that Jerry is playing chicken with Garrett. He is coaching out the last year of his deal, which is very unusual.

Even if Jerry is not convinced he needs to be replaced, you might get a unintended change just because you have undermined him with the players.

pbmax
12-02-2019, 04:46 PM
I don't think a playoff appearance (Division title or no) will be enough, if for no other reason than Jones has sort of talked his way into a corner.

“I’m just not going to make a coaching change. It’s not impossible for us to do more than just show up in the playoffs,” Jones said.

“With the makeup of this team, I shouldn’t be this frustrated,” Jones also said, via the team’s official website. Which is another way of saying, “We have the talent, so talent isn’t the problem.”

And to make it clear that Jones wasn’t happy about coaching, he said this: “I don’t think there’s a game where a coaching staff couldn’t do better. I don’t like that we’ve got so many [this year] as I’m standing here tonight.”

Now Jones is, publicly, in the business of bullshit. So it would not cost him a bead of sweat to flip around and keep Garrett. But he is slowly reducing his room to maneuver.

I don't watch him closely enough to know whether this is just bluster, but it also could be prelude to bringing in someone new and not having to explain a single thing to people.

texaspackerbacker
12-02-2019, 09:53 PM
Jerry Jones doesn't answer to anybody except Jerry Jones. You're right about the bead of sweat thing. I have compared hiring Urban Meyers to hiring Switzer; I will walk that back a bit and say, it would be more like when he hired Parcells. And I'm pretty sure Ol' Jerry didn't enjoy the Parcells years very much even though they had some success. The lap dog comment somebody made a while ago is pretty much on point. If this was 50 or so years ago, he'd be Papa Bear Halas and take over coaching himself.

George Cumby
12-02-2019, 10:13 PM
Garrett isn't the answer. Is Jones smart enough to see that? If he is smart enough, does he have a better option?