PDA

View Full Version : Packers sign vet OT

KYPack
11-27-2019, 11:32 PM
Don't stop the presses, but the Pack made a move to help the Oline. The Packers have claimed Jared Veldheer off waivers on Wednesday.

Veldheer was on the reserve/retired list in New England. He played with Denver last season and was a teammate of Billy Turner. He had a degenerative hip condition and retired bc he felt unable to play .

GB had elevated rookie T Yosh Nijmann earlier this week.

If Veldheer passes a physical, a move will have to be made.

BB to IR or cut?

red
11-28-2019, 09:15 AM
i remember him

https://www.muscleprodigy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Screen-Shot-2015-09-10-at-8.03.26-PM.png

i can no longer call graham the biggest player in the field when he fails to jump or fight for a ball

veldheer is 6'8, 320+

red
11-28-2019, 09:16 AM
the whole degenerative hip condition thing is a bit worrisome

but i'm sure he'll fit right in

edit: oh we just claimed his rights, he's still retired. he has until nov 30th (2 days away), to decide to play or stay retired

beveaux1
11-28-2019, 10:19 AM
Don't stop the presses, but the Pack made a move to help the Oline. The Packers have claimed Jared Veldheer off waivers on Wednesday.

Veldheer was on the reserve/retired list in New England. He played with Denver last season and was a teammate of Billy Turner. He had a degenerative hip condition and retired bc he felt unable to play .

GB had elevated rookie T Yosh Nijmann earlier this week.

If Veldheer passes a physical, a move will have to be made.

BB to IR or cut?

Neither. Maybe Ryan Grant cut if Veldheer decides to play.

woodbuck27
11-28-2019, 06:39 PM
i remember him

https://www.muscleprodigy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Screen-Shot-2015-09-10-at-8.03.26-PM.png

i can no longer call graham the biggest player in the field when he fails to jump or fight for a ball

veldheer is 6'8, 320+

Bubba.

pbmax
11-28-2019, 09:26 PM
Packers expect a roster exemption for him, probably due to lack of practice with injury.

Fritz
11-29-2019, 08:52 AM
He's a candidate for the Bruce Wilkerson Award, for sure.

Also a candidate for the Tiny Head Award.

I say keep him, cut Ryan Grant. You've got to have a guy who can play either tackle spot so the rest of the line doesn't have to shuffle. I'm not sure I want Billy "Turnstile" Turner out there at RT.