PDA

View Full Version : Jamal Williams

The Shadow
12-01-2019, 05:38 PM
I think Williams is a somewhat under-appreciated unsung hero of this team. Time & time again, his hard running has to inspire his whole team.

Fritz
12-01-2019, 05:40 PM
I hope he inspires the offensive line to block better. They aren't run blocking well.

Bretsky
12-01-2019, 08:23 PM
I hope he inspires the offensive line to block better. They aren't run blocking well.

You know who'd make our offensive line look better ??

pbmax
12-01-2019, 08:39 PM
You know who'd make our offensive line look better ??

You’ve stumped me because there isn’t a Watt brother O lineman. Unless you want to trade for Derek as a fullback.

Bretsky
12-03-2019, 09:38 PM
You’ve stumped me because there isn’t a Watt brother O lineman. Unless you want to trade for Derek as a fullback.

lol; you are overthinking this, and it was a bad joke.....who is the guy who makes everybody around him better ?

pbmax
12-04-2019, 09:11 AM
lol; you are overthinking this, and it was a bad joke.....who is the guy who makes everybody around him better ?

I got it. I just wanted to blast your Love of Watt. :D

Fritz
12-04-2019, 10:37 AM
Watt the hell?

texaspackerbacker
12-04-2019, 11:05 AM
I don't know if Derek Watt is the answer, but I've about had it with Vitale. He doesn't seem like all that stout a blocker, and his pass catching ability is overrated. Put a back up TE at fullback, and likely Lewis or Sternberger or Tonyan would block at least as well on outside runs, and for sure any of them, even Lewis, would be a better pass receiver. Correct me if I'm wrong, but on most of our inside zone runs, there is no fullback lead blocker anyway.

I guess it will never happen, but for years, make that decades, I have wished they would go back to split backs - Hornung and Taylor style - two RBs who could both run it and block. I think Jamal and A. Jones would be ideal for that.

Bretsky
12-04-2019, 08:20 PM
I got it. I just wanted to blast your Love of Watt. :D

He may be the DPOY sometime soon; now the youngest Watt...Derek the FB...I didn't see him as being a pro

Fritz
12-05-2019, 01:31 PM
I don't know if Derek Watt is the answer, but I've about had it with Vitale. He doesn't seem like all that stout a blocker, and his pass catching ability is overrated. Put a back up TE at fullback, and likely Lewis or Sternberger or Tonyan would block at least as well on outside runs, and for sure any of them, even Lewis, would be a better pass receiver. Correct me if I'm wrong, but on most of our inside zone runs, there is no fullback lead blocker anyway.

I guess it will never happen, but for years, make that decades, I have wished they would go back to split backs - Hornung and Taylor style - two RBs who could both run it and block. I think Jamal and A. Jones would be ideal for that.

I actually like this idea. I suppose you're risking some injury asking a running back to block a linebacker, but what the hell? Why not? It would give your offense more leeway in terms of misdirection and feinting. The line is pulling left and Rodgers is handing it off to Williams, who's flowing that way. Wait, no, he faked it to Williams; he's giving it to Jones going the other way! No, wait, he faked that too; now he's throwing it to Tonyan over the middle, who just came off his block!

run pMc
12-05-2019, 03:35 PM
Well, Jamaal can block and catch, and we know about Jones. Might be a good way to force the defense to play more base and cover A.Jones with a LB. I could see motioning Jones out wide from the backfield, and Rodgers switching to a run it if the box is light.

George Cumby
12-05-2019, 04:22 PM
Bring Black Frankenbacker!

CaptainKickass
12-05-2019, 05:16 PM

Long live Spencer Havner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2PBbNXXlKE

pbmax
12-05-2019, 05:38 PM

Those were the days.

Fritz
12-06-2019, 07:58 AM
Well, Jamaal can block and catch, and we know about Jones. Might be a good way to force the defense to play more base and cover A.Jones with a LB. I could see motioning Jones out wide from the backfield, and Rodgers switching to a run it if the box is light.

Let's run the old Oklahoma wishbone!

pbmax
12-06-2019, 08:20 AM
Let's run the old Oklahoma wishbone!

Just admit it and say you want McCarthy back.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/images/TDZ/Walkthrough012011-2.jpg

George Cumby
12-06-2019, 07:46 PM
Just admit it and say you want McCarthy back.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/images/TDZ/Walkthrough012011-2.jpg

That shit was pretty effective at times. It was fun to watch.