PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Amos

Patler
12-03-2019, 12:55 PM
I had hopes for this signing being one for solid improvement. So far, I am unimpressed. I'm not sure what he does well, or even better than the safeties of recent years. I wasn't expecting an All-Pro, but was hoping for a solid vet who could be a leader in the d-backfield. I think I am seeing as many missed coverages, slow reactions and missed tackles as from other recent GB safeties.

Last summer, a Chicago writer wrote something to the effective of; Bears lose Amos and get Dix, Packers get Amos to replace Dix....Advantage - Bears. Was he right?

Zool
12-03-2019, 02:35 PM
In my opinion, he's a little better than Dix. He'll actually hit people, and he's in the wrong place less often. He's okay.

Smidgeon
12-03-2019, 02:48 PM
Remember, safety play used to be a tire fire. Now it's more of a tire smolder.

pbmax
12-03-2019, 02:55 PM
They play different positions. Amos isn't any game changer but he is a better tackler than Dix. So he helps more in the box, which is where they want him.

Dix has rebounded and been OK, but still nothing special.

More than upgrading, they actually changed positions and got the better fit for drafting Savage. If its Savage/Dix, then Dix would be trying to play his way out of his contract right now.

Tony Oday
12-03-2019, 03:30 PM
Amos is playing VERY well with a rookie, revolving door at the other safety.

Biggest problem seems to be using our CBs in Zone which would be like putting AL Harris in Zone. He was TERRIBLE playing zone but was a real stud Man to Man.

texaspackerbacker
12-03-2019, 09:16 PM
I agree about the different positions. Savage has definitely been better than Clinton-Dix, and Amos has been better than anybody at the other Safety spot last year.

Amos seemed better early in the season when the D as a whole was better. It seemed like he was more wisely used early on with some blitzes and a lot of coverage. Lately, it seems like he's been used in run support more due to the weakness of the D Line. Against the Giants, though, there was more blitzing and it was more like early on - for Amos and everybody.

run pMc
12-04-2019, 01:02 PM
They are better than if they kept and resigned HHCD. He's played his typical inconsistent game IMO -- sometimes good, sometimes not. Having a lot of quality players around him helps. If he played better for GB or WAS, someone would have offered him bigger money than CHI.

Amos has been ok when he's playing safety. They had him playing the #2 ILB for a while and I'm not sure that's his best spot. Savage will get better, the injury has affected him and he's a rookie. Both have had their good moments and haven't seen too many bad plays. They are certainly better than last year but I wouldn't call it a position of strength.