PDA

View Full Version : Never too early 2020 NFL Draft Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Bretsky
02-16-2020, 07:45 PM
Would love to see a run made for Nick Kwiatkoski of the bears...the kid has a nose for the football and a motor that doesn't quit

I would bless this as well if it was fiscally smart

pbmax
02-16-2020, 09:00 PM
Here is TT versus OkieSt but its just the longest highlights package I could find. Says its 2019 game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlPdSNA2bPw

Joemailman
02-16-2020, 10:22 PM
Tex has talked about the prospect of moving Lazard to TE. Bob McGinn mentioned it as well. A better idea might be to draft Chase Claypool of Notre Dame. He's a little bigger than Lazard and has good hands. Might still be available in 5th round.

bobblehead
02-17-2020, 08:48 AM
Every year we say this; I am more guilty that others.

I constantly call for a trade back of a dozen spots. And then trading up a dozen spots or so to get your guy in either round 2 or round three with the goal be to get three studs in the draft.

I would agree completely with your sentiment. It doesn't seem to every happen though

What do you mean. We traded back for Kevin King so we could also nab Biegel. And you bitch about it to this day (n fairness so do I)

Joemailman
02-17-2020, 09:36 AM
Gutey has certainly shown a willingness to move around the draft board. In 2018 he traded down from 14th to 27th and picked up a 5th plus the Saints 2019 1st round pick. He then traded the 27th pick, a 3rd round pick and a 6th round pick to Seattle for the 17th pick to draft Alexander, plus a 7th round pick.

In 2019 he stood Pat with the 12th pick. But then he traded the 30th pick, from the Saints plus 2 4th round picks to Seattle for the 21st pick and drafted Darnell Savage.

So a combination of trading both up and down in the early rounds is certainly possible with Gutey.

Bretsky
02-17-2020, 11:35 AM
What do you mean. We traded back for Kevin King so we could also nab Biegel. And you bitch about it to this day (n fairness so do I)

It hardly ever happens IMO and every year we ask for it

And that was NOT the year to do it. An all pro Edge fell right into his lap and he ignored it.

Bretsky
02-17-2020, 11:35 AM
Gutey has certainly shown a willingness to move around the draft board. In 2018 he traded down from 14th to 27th and picked up a 5th plus the Saints 2019 1st round pick. He then traded the 27th pick, a 3rd round pick and a 6th round pick to Seattle for the 17th pick to draft Alexander, plus a 7th round pick.

In 2019 he stood Pat with the 12th pick. But then he traded the 30th pick, from the Saints plus 2 4th round picks to Seattle for the 21st pick and drafted Darnell Savage.

So a combination of trading both up and down in the early rounds is certainly possible with Gutey.

POINT WELL TAKEN !!

Deputy Nutz
02-17-2020, 01:35 PM
https://youtu.be/wXu-gViUyIw?t=389

6:29 mark of the video. You can't have this, he has to diagnose sooner, and fight through the blocks. Seems like he gave up and just went in the direction he was being blocked.

Joemailman
02-17-2020, 01:56 PM
Baylor might have been a bad game for him. But I didn't watch the whole thing and I saw 4 plays where he missed opportunities for tackles either because he took a bad angle, or was out of control and couldn't react to change of direction. Didn't see him drop into coverage enough to draw a conclusion. Thought he showed good speed pursuing the QB.

3rd round prospect at best.

mraynrand
02-17-2020, 04:04 PM
If you watch enough of it you will see his “Nation Leading 20 Tackles for loss”

He looks heavy and slow.

RashanGary
02-17-2020, 06:57 PM
I've only watched Murray, Queen and Dye so far. The only one I get excited about is Queen. Looks sure of himself. His zone drops look smart and adapted to the offenses routes. He's not big but likes contact. He's fast. I'll bet he runs 4.55ish

No way I'd consider Murray with the 30th pick with so much need for sideline to sideline speed on the next level, but I like Queen a lot.

RashanGary
02-17-2020, 06:59 PM
Queen is sorta like Bush last year but not a 4.4 guy the way Bush is.

RashanGary
02-17-2020, 07:04 PM
If you could keep Martinez for reasonable AND draft Queen, our defense would stack up a lot better against a team like SF.

Z and P have to get more diligent and prideful with their edges too. Especially Z

Bretsky
02-17-2020, 07:48 PM
Queen is sorta like Bush last year but not a 4.4 guy the way Bush is.

Here is most recent; has GB getting your guy

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2020/02/17/nfl-mock-draft-2020-cowboys-patriots-combine-first-round/4783268002/

GB-Brandon
02-17-2020, 08:07 PM
Baylor might have been a bad game for him. But I didn't watch the whole thing and I saw 4 plays where he missed opportunities for tackles either because he took a bad angle, or was out of control and couldn't react to change of direction. Didn't see him drop into coverage enough to draw a conclusion. Thought he showed good speed pursuing the QB.

3rd round prospect at best.

Which is precisely why they will have to take him in 2nd. He is better then anyone we have signed currently at the position. He has a higher ceiling then Martinez. Walter Football seems to agree on both there mocks.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020charlie_2.php

RashanGary
02-17-2020, 08:18 PM

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2020/02/17/nfl-mock-draft-2020-cowboys-patriots-combine-first-round/4783268002/

I'm always open to gutes idea over mine, even if he's dead wrong half the time.

How the hell can these GMs not do any better than 33% hit rates. The college game must be so much more simple you just can't predict if a guy will be able to process the NFL complexity cuz physically it's easy to see who the athletes are and test for it

RashanGary
02-17-2020, 08:20 PM

Im curious to see Gary in year two as well. Physically the guy can set and edge and get knock back and has burst..... And he gets to come in rested. How the hell can he not make a bunch more plays than he did this year???

GB-Brandon
02-17-2020, 08:24 PM
Interesting read on Brooks.

https://clutchpoints.com/texas-tech-lb-jordyn-brooks-could-be-a-perfect-first-round-fit-for-the-packers/

I like “twitchy” and “top 5 defense”

GB-Brandon
02-17-2020, 08:39 PM
Here is TT versus OkieSt but its just the longest highlights package I could find. Says its 2019 game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlPdSNA2bPw

He certainly wasn’t afraid of the stat sheet.

1️⃣9️⃣ tackles
3️⃣ sacks
4️⃣ tackles for loss
1️⃣ forced fumble
1️⃣ QB hurry

Bretsky
02-17-2020, 08:43 PM
Im curious to see Gary in year two as well. Physically the guy can set and edge and get knock back and has burst..... And he gets to come in rested. How the hell can he not make a bunch more plays than he did this year???

I keep coming back to the same thing and that is why I hated the pick right off the bat.

He was around the top rated HS prospect. He was supposed to be a superstar at Michigan. But he didn't produce. And the few Michigan fans I know who follow Wolverine football like I do my Badgers chuckled at the pick. Now we're seeing the same thing. That is why he didn't play much. Unlimited abilities not matching production. I think they let Fackrell walk and force him into the position and he either sinks or swims.

I hope our defensive staff can bring out his abilities.

Bretsky
02-17-2020, 08:46 PM
Interesting read on Brooks.

https://clutchpoints.com/texas-tech-lb-jordyn-brooks-could-be-a-perfect-first-round-fit-for-the-packers/

I like “twitchy” and “top 5 defense”

TY

Great Read

RashanGary
02-17-2020, 08:57 PM
I mock draftabled the probowl linebackers to see if there are athletic commonalities

Leonard ran an unofficial average 4.70 40 yard dash. He has freakly length. Didn't test otherwise.

Hightower is huge and fast. Didn't test otherwise.

Edmunds is big, freaky long and fast

Wagner has some average size, length and agility but is freaky fast and explosive

Kuekly has average size but near elite athleticism in every other way measurable

Kendricks smallish but elite speed and explosiveness

You have some smallish guys who are very fast in Kendricks, Kuekly and Wagner

You have a couple big fast guys in Hightower and Edmunds

And Leonard didn't really test but has elite length

Size/Speed definitely seems to be a trend. Either very, very fast and explosive like Kendricks, Kuechly and Wagner or Really big but pretty darn fast too.

Leonard is the outlier. Assuming that 4.7 stands, hes the only average speed guy whos not overly big. His only redeeming measured quality was those long arms to keep blockers off of him. But again, he didn't really test so we don't know what he is.

My conclusion is that in the NFL today, at LB, physically you want either elite speed athleticism at 230-240lb range or elite size/speed.

At a glance, Queen looks like the only guy who fits the probowl mold. Sort of in the Keukly/Wagner/Kendricks mold.

Bretsky
02-17-2020, 08:59 PM
I mock draftabled the probowl linebackers to see if there are athletic commonalities

Leonard ran an unofficial average 4.70 40 yard dash. He has freakly length. Didn't test otherwise.

Wagner has some average size, length and agility but is freaky fast and explosive

Kuekly has average size but near elite athleticism in every other way measurable

Size/Speed definitely seems to be a trend. Either very, very fast and explosive like Kendricks, Kuechly and Wagner or Really big but pretty darn fast too.

Leonard is the outlier. Assuming that 4.7 stands, hes the only average speed guy whos not overly big. His only redeeming measured quality was those long arms to keep blockers off of him. But again, he didn't really test so we don't know what he is.

My conclusion is that in the NFL today, at LB, physically you want either elite speed athleticism at 230-240lb range or elite size/speed.

At a glance, Queen looks like the only guy who fits the probowl mold.

GREAT POST and analysis

RashanGary
02-17-2020, 09:07 PM
You want your smaller guys to run 4.6 or better

Length and size allows for some give on speed but still 4.7 or faster.

RashanGary
02-17-2020, 09:15 PM
Queen looks kind of like a Kendricks clone to me. Smaller but fast enough to be fast and explosive. Just on the fringe of probowl physical traits. Perfect for the 30th pick.

Murray isnt big enough to run the 4.7 that he clearly runs. He's in the Martinez mold. A good #2.

GB-Brandon
02-17-2020, 09:28 PM

At a glance, Queen looks like the only guy who fits the probowl mold. Sort of in the Keukly/Wagner/Kendricks mold.

The “Glance” will be bigger come the combine. A lot of people are high on Queen here but i have some basic concerns.

Queen is 6’1 and listed at 227 pounds. Wagner is 6’0 240, Kuechly was 6’3 235. So Kendrick’s appears to be the the only comp of players you compared and the Vikings run a 4-3. To me Queen is a 4-3 weak side LB. i am not sure he would be able to hold up in Pettine’s scheme or have the “finishing power” for that matter.

Nice prospect but to me it’s putting a square peg into a round hole.

pbmax
02-18-2020, 07:26 AM

Bet you dollars to donuts that Harv has those numbers in a spreadsheet.

RashanGary
02-18-2020, 08:31 AM
Good point on the 3-4 vs 4-3 qualities Brandon. We probably need the hightower/Edmunds type. Size, instincts to sort through traffic AND straight speed to cover ground.

Dig around, but might not be our year.

GB-Brandon
02-18-2020, 11:08 AM
Good point on the 3-4 vs 4-3 qualities Brandon. We probably need the hightower/Edmunds type. Size, instincts to sort through traffic AND straight speed to cover ground.

Dig around, but might not be our year.

Yes, Pettine likes to play light up front with only two guys having hand in dirt most of the time. Also, there is a lot of looks with only one ILB on the field. When he was with the Jets he pushed hard for them to draft Demario Davis. That is the type of ILB he desires in his scheme. Someone who has some size with enough speed to get to the sideline that can play in space.

With that said we need a bigger ILB that can hold up against the run and isn't a complete liability in the passing game.

This is why I keep going back to Jordyn Brooks. He is listed at 245 but will probably run at combine at 240. If he runs under 4.7 I expect him to be the Packers target.

Queen would be a nice piece but basically gives us a bigger version of Raven Greene which would be more of a luxury pick IMO.

mraynrand
02-18-2020, 11:38 AM
Yes, Pettine likes to play light up front with only two guys having hand in dirt most of the time. Also, there is a lot of looks with only one ILB on the field. When he was with the Jets he pushed hard for them to draft Demario Davis. that's a deep dive. nice.

This is why I keep going back to Jordyn Brooks. He is listed at 245 but will probably run at combine at 240. If he runs under 4.7 I expect him to be the Packers target.

But then his value goes up and he might get nabbed before the Packers draft in the second. Have to move to get him? Worth it?

GB-Brandon
02-18-2020, 11:39 AM
My Pre-Combine Mock through 4 rounds is

1- Raekwon Davis DL, ALabama > Dean Lowry

2- Jordyn Brooks- ILB, Texas Tech > Ty Summers, Oren Burks

3. Quintez Cephus WR, Wisconsin > Lazzard, MVS, G-Mo, Kummerow

4. Jared Hilbers RT, Washington > Alex Light

We need to be aggressive in free agency and add a WR like AJ Green or Paul Richardson to make this work. Possibly add a TE too. I am not sure getting Corey Littleton is realistic considering the $. We could probably add a mid-level FA DE like Quinton Jefferson(Seahawks). We are stuck with Lowry but Lancaster needs to go bye bye.

I hate having to use more premium picks on the defense while passing up chances to get explosive players on offense but were kind of at the point of no return with the direction and vision that has been orchestrated. The niner's experience still hurts and ultimately were gonna see that team again at some point. Pettine has shown complete stubbornnes in regards to his scheme and has been retained after the Niners debacle so I see a move coming to round out the defense with the necessary talent.

GB-Brandon
02-18-2020, 11:48 AM
that's a deep dive. nice.

But then his value goes up and he might get nabbed before the Packers draft in the second. Have to move to get him? Worth it?

They "Loved Savage" and maneuvered to get him. If "They Love Brooks" anything is possible.

RashanGary
02-18-2020, 12:40 PM
I'll watch Jordyn Brooks next

RashanGary
02-18-2020, 12:47 PM
I watched a half against oklahoma. Martinez is faster and Martinez isn't fast enough. Brooks size is his only redeeming quality. Gets out run regularly, misses tackles, doesn't play to his size.

I'm really not a fan. This just might not be our year.

Martinez keeps looking better and better

RashanGary
02-18-2020, 12:48 PM
Bad year for ILBs. Just bad

Deputy Nutz
02-18-2020, 12:59 PM
The “Glance” will be bigger come the combine. A lot of people are high on Queen here but i have some basic concerns.

Queen is 6’1 and listed at 227 pounds. Wagner is 6’0 240, Kuechly was 6’3 235. So Kendrick’s appears to be the the only comp of players you compared and the Vikings run a 4-3. To me Queen is a 4-3 weak side LB. i am not sure he would be able to hold up in Pettine’s scheme or have the “finishing power” for that matter.

Nice prospect but to me it’s putting a square peg into a round hole.

Devin Bush was drafted by the Steelers. They run a very similar scheme.

GB-Brandon
02-18-2020, 01:44 PM
I watched a half against oklahoma. Martinez is faster and Martinez isn't fast enough. Brooks size is his only redeeming quality. Gets out run regularly, misses tackles, doesn't play to his size.

I'm really not a fan. This just might not be our year.

Martinez keeps looking better and better

Martinez isn't better. Go watch the Niner playoff tape again, He was a total fail in that game.

Bretsky
02-18-2020, 01:50 PM
My Pre-Combine Mock through 4 rounds is

1- Raekwon Davis DL, ALabama > Dean Lowry

2- Jordyn Brooks- ILB, Texas Tech > Ty Summers, Oren Burks

3. Quintez Cephus WR, Wisconsin > Lazzard, MVS, G-Mo, Kummerow

4. Jared Hilbers RT, Washington > Alex Light

We need to be aggressive in free agency and add a WR like AJ Green or Paul Richardson to make this work. Possibly add a TE too. I am not sure getting Corey Littleton is realistic considering the $. We could probably add a mid-level FA DE like Quinton Jefferson(Seahawks). We are stuck with Lowry but Lancaster needs to go bye bye.

I hate having to use more premium picks on the defense while passing up chances to get explosive players on offense but were kind of at the point of no return with the direction and vision that has been orchestrated. The niner's experience still hurts and ultimately were gonna see that team again at some point. Pettine has shown complete stubbornnes in regards to his scheme and has been retained after the Niners debacle so I see a move coming to round out the defense with the necessary talent.

I WOULD TAKE THOSE FOUR PICKS !!!!!!!!!

TE's to Target in Free Agency

1. Hunter Henry- Maybe not realistic. He's one of the best in the game when healthy but he's been injured a lot

2. Eric Ebron- I think he's shown he can play and is a way better receiving TE than F'kn Jimmy

OTHER ILB's to Target

1. Joe Schobert
Over the last three years, Schobert has been a constant in the Browns defensive starting lineup, a one-time Pro Bowl selection and a snub for a selection this past season. The 2017 Pro Bowler had 133 tackles this past season -- 89 of them the solo variety -- to go with nine passes defended, four interceptions, two sacks, seven tackles for loss and two forced fumbles.

He'll hit free agency on March 18 unless something gets done beforehand.

GB-Brandon
02-18-2020, 01:54 PM
Devin Bush was drafted by the Steelers. They run a very similar scheme.

Yes, but I am not gonna put Queen in the Devin Bush category. Roquan Smith would be another example for the Bears.

Too me Queen is a huge reach in 1st round. Your basically getting a weak side coverage LB that is undersized. I could see him being "great value" for a team like the Seattle Seahawks that play base 4-3 most of the time and need LB's that can cover..

When studying Jordyn Brooks I am projecting him to the NFL game. His talents and ability's project well to NFL, He mostly faced "spread offenses" in college and the NFL game is different for the most part. His attributes I feel would fit well with what we already have plus adding another beast at DE.

Otherwise get prepared to get ran off the field again by those Niners.

run pMc
02-18-2020, 02:46 PM
The SF playoff game was a mess all over -- the Smiths didn't set a good enough edge, the DL got washed out of the gaps (or didn't play disciplined) and -- lastly -- Martinez either couldn't make it to the sideline in time, or he got out-athleted in the gap.

I know some like Jordyn Brooks but I didn't see much in the games I watched that makes him an upgrade from Martinez, who was a 2016 R4 pick. They need the DL to keep a faster, more athletic LB clean on early downs, and they need that LB to be fast enough to get to the sideline on the outside zone plays, AND drop into coverage to protect the MOF -- something Blake struggled to do. He's decent, but he's not fluid or quick enough. I'm not convinced Brooks is either, to me he's more of a thumper with some explosion. I think Mostert will burn past him around the corner every time, and he won't be able to carry Kyle Rudolph up the seam. Now if you paired him with a speedy LB then you'd have something, but pairing him with Ibraheim Campbell is not exciting to me. If it's a choice between Brooks and a WR like Reagor in R2, I'm going with the WR.

I don't think they have the $ to chase Littleton, who I do like.
I don't think they need to trade up for a thumper ILB in the draft either. You can find those guys for vet minimum (Goodson) or on Day 3. If anything, I could see them replacing M.Adams and Lancaster with Keke and a DL pick in the 1st 3 rounds to help Kenny, the run D, and the the ILBs.

I'm confident Gute will give Ty Summers (who ran a 4.51 but doesn't play that fast) and Curtis Bolton a shot in camp, and I think he knows he'll need a lot more talent than that.

RashanGary
02-18-2020, 05:03 PM
The longer we talk about this, the more disappointed I am that we didn't draft Jeffrey Simmons last year. Him, Clark and whoever you put alongside the beasts would be a real fix for the run game.

P and Z need to buckle down and play the run with the passion they rush the passer. Gary needs to evolve into an edge setting beast who collapses the pocket with knockback at the very least.

Gute put his money and draft picks in his guys. We're out of money and have low draft picks. Next year is about Gutes guys playing better against the run. Period. This draft offers no magical (right now) fixes at pick 30

RashanGary
02-18-2020, 05:34 PM
Bretsky, could the Badger, Baun, play ILB? He looks fast and has a big frame to fill out

GB-Brandon
02-18-2020, 06:08 PM
The SF playoff game was a mess all over -- the Smiths didn't set a good enough edge, the DL got washed out of the gaps (or didn't play disciplined) and -- lastly -- Martinez either couldn't make it to the sideline in time, or he got out-athleted in the gap.

I know some like Jordyn Brooks but I didn't see much in the games I watched that makes him an upgrade from Martinez, who was a 2016 R4 pick. They need the DL to keep a faster, more athletic LB clean on early downs, and they need that LB to be fast enough to get to the sideline on the outside zone plays, AND drop into coverage to protect the MOF -- something Blake struggled to do. He's decent, but he's not fluid or quick enough. I'm not convinced Brooks is either, to me he's more of a thumper with some explosion. I think Mostert will burn past him around the corner every time, and he won't be able to carry Kyle Rudolph up the seam. Now if you paired him with a speedy LB then you'd have something, but pairing him with Ibraheim Campbell is not exciting to me. If it's a choice between Brooks and a WR like Reagor in R2, I'm going with the WR.

I don't think they have the $ to chase Littleton, who I do like.
I don't think they need to trade up for a thumper ILB in the draft either. You can find those guys for vet minimum (Goodson) or on Day 3. If anything, I could see them replacing M.Adams and Lancaster with Keke and a DL pick in the 1st 3 rounds to help Kenny, the run D, and the the ILBs.

I'm confident Gute will give Ty Summers (who ran a 4.51 but doesn't play that fast) and Curtis Bolton a shot in camp, and I think he knows he'll need a lot more talent than that.

Based on what I saw Summers has a long way to go. I watched him at camp a lot in pre-season and he struggles to play in space so his 4.5 time doesn't impress me all that much. It would be great if he takes a step up but i'm not holding my breath.

GB-Brandon
02-18-2020, 06:13 PM
The longer we talk about this, the more disappointed I am that we didn't draft Jeffrey Simmons last year. Him, Clark and whoever you put alongside the beasts would be a real fix for the run game.

P and Z need to buckle down and play the run with the passion they rush the passer. Gary needs to evolve into an edge setting beast who collapses the pocket with knockback at the very least.

Gute put his money and draft picks in his guys. We're out of money and have low draft picks. Next year is about Gutes guys playing better against the run. Period. This draft offers no magical (right now) fixes at pick 30

Simmons would of been great as he is elite talent that can also produce on the field but it's over so here we are.

Raekown Davis isn't quite at the same level as Simmons but he is no slouch either. He is a very good run defending lineman that can get it done in the trenches. He can supply a little push in pass defense and does have elite size and speed. I believe he would be an instant upgrade over "Team Northwestern" with a good chance of being there at 30.

run pMc
02-18-2020, 06:34 PM
Agree with you Brandon - I'm not holding my breath on Summers either. I think they have to do something at ILB. Maybe Raekwon will be there and they draft 'em. I'm not expecting an all-offense draft by Gute.

Agree Simmons would've been a nice pick. Pretty sure TEN won't swap him straight up for Gary, so we'll have to hope Rashan puts it together. :) I'm thinking he will but not until Year 3 or 4 a la Arik Armstead.

RashanGary
02-18-2020, 07:00 PM
Simmons would of been great as he is elite talent that can also produce on the field but it's over so here we are.

Raekown Davis isn't quite at the same level as Simmons but he is no slouch either. He is a very good run defending lineman that can get it done in the trenches. He can supply a little push in pass defense and does have elite size and speed. I believe he would be an instant upgrade over "Team Northwestern" with a good chance of being there at 30.

Raekwon looks good. Watched the Auburn game. He was consistent at holding his ground and has a good disengage move that allows him to make tackles. Very consistent. You don't see consistency very often. But he was consistently good against a good Auburn OL, never showed any greatness.

I want to get excited, but damn, pick 30 is a lot less sexy than pick 12

run pMc
02-18-2020, 07:13 PM
Quintez Cephus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKjeizhCQ5A

Matt Waldman likes him. LOL at him stiff arming Troy Dye in the Rose Bowl at the 6:55 mark. Starting to like him. If he's that physical and fearless they could play him in the slot too.

Combine will be key for him.

Bretsky
02-18-2020, 10:06 PM

THIS THIS THIS

When all our guys that were great fits came off the board the few picks before us, he was undoubtedly the BPA

Bretsky
02-18-2020, 10:11 PM
Bretsky, could the Badger, Baun, play ILB? He looks fast and has a big frame to fill out

I'm not confident he is a fit for a ILB; He's a freak pass rusher. Some Mock drafts lately have going in the 20-30 range. Others have him in round two. But that dude can get to the passer and that is what teams are looking for. I don't think he's played any ILB at all. He's fast enough but it'd be a project to convert him over.

I've mentioned Shcbert before as a possible ILB option that might not break the bank. He's a decent pass defender but very average against the run. But in Pettine's defense that might fit what we are looking for.

Bretsky
02-18-2020, 10:18 PM
Quintez Cephus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKjeizhCQ5A

Matt Waldman likes him. LOL at him stiff arming Troy Dye in the Rose Bowl at the 6:55 mark. Starting to like him. If he's that physical and fearless they could play him in the slot too.

Combine will be key for him.

I fell in love with Cephus in the first year he arrived in Madison. I can't recall the last WR from Wisconsin I liked nearly this much.

OK, save the Abbrederis jokes. I really liked him partly because of his story and him maximizing his abilities as a walk on WR who developed the skills to first earn a scholarship and then earn a spot on a NFL Roster. I was all homer on his.

But the last Badger WR I liked as much as Cephus was Chris Chambers, who I persecuted the Packers for passing him up for years in favor of Da Fraud Ferguson.

Cephus has great hands and his teammates love him. He was a leader who surprised the shit out of me when he decided not to transfer to Clemson after the legal proceedings. He runs very good patterns. He wins the jump ball and knows how to position his large frame to put himself in position to make the catch. And he has good end speed and runs away from cornerbacks on long balls. Watch the Badgers games again. You'll add 4-5 touchdowns to his stats last year AND a lot of yards due to the inability of Coan sucking shit at throwing the long ball.

And some of the catches Cephus comes up with were great.

Deputy Nutz
02-19-2020, 07:51 AM
I think we can all agree that the depth at inside linebacker for the 2020 draft is not elite. I have seen some really good film on Murray, and some really terrible film from him as well.
Good film = Texas
Bad film = LSU
I have watched the Texas, LSU, Baylor, and his 2018 film against West Virginia. The WV film was terrible
I would draft him with the 30th pick on the Texas film, and I wouldn't draft him 2nd round after watching the LSU game.

Jordyn Brooks is a third round talent, I struggle to see why the Packers would reach on him. Nice player that if he fell to the bottom of round 3 I would be happy to get.

My film review of Patrick Queen has been a little limited, but he hasn't done anything that jumps off at you, nor does he doing anything so terrible that I wouldn't draft him in the first round.

mraynrand
02-19-2020, 08:04 AM
I have to admit, I kinda want the Packers to draft Cephus, just to see Harlan's head explode.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F-Tuyos_ywWFQ%2FUdX7pqytCXI%2FAAAAAAAABCo%2FzZetjDMi G-A%2Fs1280%2FScanners%2B%5B1981%5D.mkv_snapshot_00. 13.08_%5B2013.07.04_23.21.15%5D.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

pbmax
02-19-2020, 08:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vlWJbuZEuM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcVfpmtFF6g

pbmax
02-19-2020, 08:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6WsqyO4kfw

GB-Brandon
02-19-2020, 11:48 AM
I believe when projecting these ILB’s we have to consider scheme and fit. We also have to consider a LB playing in the BIG 12 is gonna be playing against a lot of “spread offense” and similarities to “Air Raid”, so while there tape is not great at times they most likely won’t have the same responsibilities they had in college. It is my opinion that if we threw Blake Martinez into a situation against a spread offense similar to what Murray, Brooks were assigned to do that he would get ran off the field.

“Projection” is key here. Everyone has there fav but I would love to see Brooks in between the Smith bro’s wirh Kenny and another stud up front going against pro style offenses.

Sign me up!!

GB-Brandon
02-19-2020, 12:01 PM
Agree with you Brandon - I'm not holding my breath on Summers either. I think they have to do something at ILB. Maybe Raekwon will be there and they draft 'em. I'm not expecting an all-offense draft by Gute.

Agree Simmons would've been a nice pick. Pretty sure TEN won't swap him straight up for Gary, so we'll have to hope Rashan puts it together. :) I'm thinking he will but not until Year 3 or 4 a la Arik Armstead.

the “Debacle” against SF killed our chance for an “all offense draft” and it’s quite sad.

mraynrand
02-19-2020, 12:15 PM
the “Debacle” against SF killed our chance for an “all offense draft” and it’s quite sad.

Well, that and Martinez's FA, Burks being a bust, and Lancaster being JAG.

Packers are trying to rebuild on the fly, but they are a little short on $$ and draft picks, and a little too high on draft failures.

run pMc
02-19-2020, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the P.Queen clips, pb. Watched the OK and Auburn ones, he's ok. Slippery and fast. Will need to get stronger. He'll need to be kept clean... he can slide off blocks but he's a bit small. He's young and his best football might be ahead of him, but he had so much talent around him I don't know that he can be THE MAN. He sure can run and has coverage ability, and has potential as a 3 down backer.

After a while, I actually wandered during the OK game to Jacob Phillips (#6) at times. Not as fast but was pretty disruptive.
Also, Jalen Hurts was very inaccurate that game...might not have been the best game to watch since it got out of hand and OK was playing catchup for the entire 2nd half.

All these guys have warts, it's a matter of what they can do well and putting them in roles to succeed.

GB has several needs and the board can fall many ways, so I don't expect to be surprised with the pick since I have no expectations. (I don't expect Gute to draft an OG, K, or P in R1, but you get the idea.)

pbmax
02-19-2020, 12:57 PM
If you get a plugger or Martinez back, you might be able to shake a smaller LB loose if you move them according to formation strength.

RashanGary
02-19-2020, 01:06 PM

I really want defense. Guys who play together for a few years on the back end, play well together and can make things more complex while still being sound. We have that now. King, 23, Savage, Amos and Sullivan should be a cohesive group. Keep Martinez and it's even better back there. Plus experience at dime with Greene and Campbell. I'm excited for that group back there.

Since I dont like any of the ILBs besides maybe Queen, I'm hoping for a DL with the first pick and a resign of Martinez.

RashanGary
02-19-2020, 01:09 PM
Even better would be draft Queen and Keke/Gary make big jumps. AND P and Z become more dependable run defenders. There would be a learning curve with Queen, but at least we'd have the speed to chase down the outside run/PA offenses.

RashanGary
02-19-2020, 01:11 PM
If you get a plugger or Martinez back, you might be able to shake a smaller LB loose if you move them according to formation strength.

There are some good DL coming out. I wouldn't complain if we got real deep up front and kept Martinez. Still gotta get Z and P to set their edges right too.

Bretsky
02-19-2020, 01:58 PM
I really want defense. Guys who play together for a few years on the back end, play well together and can make things more complex while still being sound. We have that now. King, 23, Savage, Amos and Sullivan should be a cohesive group. Keep Martinez and it's even better back there. Plus experience at dime with Greene and Campbell. I'm excited for that group back there.

Since I dont like any of the ILBs besides maybe Queen, I'm hoping for a DL with the first pick and a resign of Martinez.

With AROD's play deteriorating there is some sense to just build a defense.

Unless you think AROD's falling numbers are due to our failure to surround him with weapons.

I agree with Brandon that it's sad we can't go all in on our offense. pick 12 last year and his lack of quality production instead of the stud you wanted is a huge factor in that.

pbmax
02-19-2020, 02:34 PM
With AROD's play deteriorating there is some sense to just build a defense.

Unless you think AROD's falling numbers are due to our failure to surround him with weapons.

I agree with Brandon that it's sad we can't go all in on our offense. pick 12 last year and his lack of quality production instead of the stud you wanted is a huge factor in that.

Rodgers play hasn't fallen as much as his receivers collective talents have dropped. But I agree there is more leverage with improving the D, but mainly because the D stinks out loud in some games.

Bretsky
02-19-2020, 04:52 PM
Rodgers play hasn't fallen as much as his receivers collective talents have dropped. But I agree there is more leverage with improving the D, but mainly because the D stinks out loud in some games.

maybe....and I have no stat evidence to support this....but to me his accuracy last year was not as good as it was in the past. I'm talking on throws where a WR is open and he needs to make. At times that does not seem to be automatic anymore. He's still one of the best in the game; maybe we'e been spoiled

Joemailman
02-19-2020, 05:31 PM
There are some good DL coming out.

Their sexual orientation is none of our business

pbmax
02-19-2020, 05:35 PM
maybe....and I have no stat evidence to support this....but to me his accuracy last year was not as good as it was in the past. I'm talking on throws where a WR is open and he needs to make. At times that does not seem to be automatic anymore. He's still one of the best in the game; maybe we'e been spoiled

I think its been several things.

1. Injuries, which seemed improved last year though I doubt he's 100%. Also, it look a couple of weeks to shake off the rust, see #4.

2. Deep throws, still a problem regardless of target.

3. Mid range, which bounced back and forth between trying to be too fine with Graham and hoisting them up for Lazard. The ideal is Adams, who almost always seems to get the ball where he needs it.

4. Short throws, which might have been the worst of the bunch early in the year but got much better. As evidence, he and Jamaal Williams seem to be sharing a brain now on screens.

5. Off balance throws/mechanics, which he used to do with aplomb but now seem to be problematic.

My universal field theory of Rodgers is that he became so fine tuned with receivers he knew like the back of his hand, that when presented with slightly less talented and predictable talent, he short circuited. You can see in his deep throws about 3 adjustments and he goes through during the throwing motion. Like a golfer with the yips on his driver. He can't just let it go, he wants to be perfect it with it. That plus some physical decline result in a lot of missed connections.

But I tend to side on Rodgers is still the best player on the team and if the talent at WR improves, so will he. He's not going to be 2011 Rodgers again, but with a D, he won't have to be.

RashanGary
02-19-2020, 06:18 PM
OT Josh Jones, Houston

PFF 2nd rated OT in pass coverage in the country and only 2nd graded over 90 by pff outside of power conferebces

6'5" 310

Gave up only 4 pressures and half a sack all year

Had great senior bowl showing

I watched half a game against oklahoma. Steady as a rock

I'm a fan of this guy. I get more excited about this than the ILB prospects.

mraynrand
02-19-2020, 06:25 PM
Their sexual orientation is none of our business

Xe make me laugh

Joemailman
02-19-2020, 07:21 PM
OT Josh Jones, Houston

PFF 2nd rated OT in pass coverage in the country and only 2nd graded over 90 by pff outside of power conferebces

6'5" 310

Gave up only 4 pressures and half a sack all year

Had great senior bowl showing

I watched half a game against oklahoma. Steady as a rock

I'm a fan of this guy. I get more excited about this than the ILB prospects.

Reports on this guy are that he's very talented but needs some coaching. High upside guy who might not be ready to start as a rookie.

hoosier
02-19-2020, 08:07 PM
I think I've had enough Josh Jones for one decade, thanks.

pbmax
02-20-2020, 08:02 AM

Planet theory of player acquisition. Only so many of these guys.

I need someone to root for after SPRIGGS™ is gone.

Zool
02-20-2020, 09:28 AM

At least he isn't from one of the Carolinas?

bobblehead
02-20-2020, 09:49 AM

Spriggs is technically under contract still. He was injured and wouldn't settle.

run pMc
02-20-2020, 10:29 AM

LOL I've heard some good things about him -- that's he athletic and talented, etc., but hasn't put it together. What scares me is that he's a four year starter and he's still considered raw, which means he's either got rotten coaches or he's unlikely to reach his potential and might just be another SPRIGGS™

run pMc
02-20-2020, 10:42 AM

I actually thought he was more accurate this year than last -- I still have the image of him throwing a one hopper to MVS on a screen -- but he's become increasingly reluctant to throw receivers open or fit a throw into a tight window. His arm is still strong, but it's not what it was and his footwork is a mess (back foot throws) and he's iffy going thru his progressions (still doesn't even see open receivers; focuses on Adams).

Better skill player talent will definitely help, and another year in the MLF offense theoretically will. Getting the plays called in the huddle and getting lined up with 10 seconds on the clock would be nice to help diagnose the defense pre-snap too.

RashanGary
02-20-2020, 06:07 PM
Reports on this guy are that he's very talented but needs some coaching. High upside guy who might not be ready to start as a rookie.

There is a difference between

high upside guys who get beat , that you know could be more consistent if you coached technique.

And

Gamers who consistently win already and can be even better with coaching

My understanding of Jones is he always wins. TT said that about sitton when he drafted him. He said, well we like him cuz he always blocks his guy. You can say the same of Jones from my understanding and PFFs grading. A gamer. Dominant. Even with less than perfect technique. A perfect reason he could slip to 30

RashanGary
02-20-2020, 06:11 PM
The only thing better than a "gamer" is a gamer who hasn't even scratched the surface. Josh Jones is my guy so far this off-season.

pbmax
02-20-2020, 06:28 PM
I actually thought he was more accurate this year than last -- I still have the image of him throwing a one hopper to MVS on a screen -- but he's become increasingly reluctant to throw receivers open or fit a throw into a tight window. His arm is still strong, but it's not what it was and his footwork is a mess (back foot throws) and he's iffy going thru his progressions (still doesn't even see open receivers; focuses on Adams).

Better skill player talent will definitely help, and another year in the MLF offense theoretically will. Getting the plays called in the huddle and getting lined up with 10 seconds on the clock would be nice to help diagnose the defense pre-snap too.

I think it did improve from 2018. But I think Bretsky means compared to his better years.

run pMc
02-21-2020, 08:32 AM
I think it did improve from 2018. But I think Bretsky means compared to his better years.

Oh yeah, he's lost accuracy since 2014. I can remember him threading several throws earlier in his career that he wouldn't dare try now.

Bretsky
02-21-2020, 09:41 AM
There is a difference between

high upside guys who get beat , that you know could be more consistent if you coached technique.

And

Gamers who consistently win already and can be even better with coaching

My understanding of Jones is he always wins. TT said that about sitton when he drafted him. He said, well we like him cuz he always blocks his guy. You can say the same of Jones from my understanding and PFFs grading. A gamer. Dominant. Even with less than perfect technique. A perfect reason he could slip to 30

IN other words, FOR FUTURE REFERENCES GOOTER

PASS on high upsaide guys who underachieve in college in early rounds
but
OK to go with high upside guys who do produce

Deputy Nutz
02-21-2020, 10:33 AM
The only thing better than a "gamer" is a gamer who hasn't even scratched the surface. Josh Jones is my guy so far this off-season.

Jones might not be available at 30. His Senior bowl skyrocketed him into the first round. He is a super athletic tackle that has a high season. If he played at better program he would probably be a top 15 selection.

ThunderDan
02-21-2020, 10:34 AM
Latest draft from Fanspeak:
WR CEEDEE LAMB OKLAHOMA
DL ROSS BLACKLOCK TCU
TE HUNTER BRYANT WASHINGTON
WR TYLER JOHNSON MINNESOTA

Deputy Nutz
02-21-2020, 10:38 AM
If the Packers can't hit on Queen in the first round, and they pass on Murray my suggestion is that they draft a player like Akeem Davis-Gather from App St. The kid is not an interior linebacker but he may be a quality nickel player with his size and flexibility. It will all depend on what his combine looks like. He might be a high second rounder if he blows up the combine.

My take on Davis-Gather is he is a hybrid nickel defender. He could fit the role of an actual nitro backer.

Deputy Nutz
02-21-2020, 10:39 AM
WR CEEDEE LAMB OKLAHOMA
DL ROSS BLACKLOCK TCU

How the hell did you get CeeDee?

Deputy Nutz
02-21-2020, 10:52 AM
30 Jalen Reagor, WR TCU - Patrick Queen wasn't available and neither were in any of the top tier tackles. Reagor was one of the last available in my wide receiver tier with a first round grade.

62 Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB Appalachian State

94 Ben Bartch, OT St. John

126 Ben Bredeson, IOL Michigan

157 Isaiah Hodgins, WR Oregon State

172 Tyler Clark, IDL Georgia

189 Stanford Samuels III, CB Florida State

201 Sean McKeon, TE Michigan

219 James Lynch, IDL Baylor

pbmax
02-21-2020, 02:11 PM
WesHod
The #Packers wound up with 10 draft picks. They received a sixth-rounder from Tennessee for Reggie Gilbert.

ThunderDan
02-21-2020, 02:31 PM
How the hell did you get CeeDee?

Run on QBs and OTs in the mock. ILBs went 24 and 28.

Bretsky
02-21-2020, 08:12 PM
I think Cee Dee is going in the top 15; IF he makes it to 20 he's a guy I'd try to trade up for. I think he's going to be special

Bretsky
02-21-2020, 08:12 PM
WR CEEDEE LAMB OKLAHOMA
DL ROSS BLACKLOCK TCU

I would take this just because of the first name

wist43
02-21-2020, 10:32 PM
If the Packers can't hit on Queen in the first round, and they pass on Murray my suggestion is that they draft a player like Akeem Davis-Gather from App St. The kid is not an interior linebacker but he may be a quality nickel player with his size and flexibility. It will all depend on what his combine looks like. He might be a high second rounder if he blows up the combine.

My take on Davis-Gather is he is a hybrid nickel defender. He could fit the role of an actual nitro backer.

I haven't looked at too many players yet, but I did look at Gaither some... will depend on how he runs, and if he can carry some more weight.

Lower level of competition, and smallish, but I liked his tape a lot.

call_me_ishmael
02-22-2020, 12:27 AM
If Tua gets to 4, and you think you he's the truth, do you sell your draft to get the third HOFer in a row? Lotta people think the kid is the truth.

Presumably it costs a lot, but it's not like you couldn't then deal Rodgers for a decent haul the following off-season.

texaspackerbacker
02-22-2020, 01:22 AM
If Tua gets to 4, and you think you he's the truth, do you sell your draft to get the third HOFer in a row? Lotta people think the kid is the truth.

Presumably it costs a lot, but it's not like you couldn't then deal Rodgers for a decent haul the following off-season.

Sheeesh, what a load of crap.

pbmax
02-22-2020, 07:56 AM
I haven't looked at too many players yet, but I did look at Gaither some... will depend on how he runs, and if he can carry some more weight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmcrUynV96o

pbmax
02-22-2020, 07:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tX7fE7NoFY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbt_6GIOgMg

run pMc
02-22-2020, 03:57 PM

Nope. You know what you have in Rodgers, but Tua at the pro level is a question mark. Trading up to 4 would probably cost you every pick basically, there are too many holes in the roster, and Tua's medical is a concern until proven otherwise. He might be the real deal, but I'm not sure if he's worth that kind of cost.
They will have to spend draft capital to find a successor in the next 2-3 drafts (including this one).

run pMc
02-22-2020, 04:30 PM

Agree -- He's ok. Combine will reveal more. He seems light in the pants and struggles to shed blocks, but he's got range and motor. If he's there in R3 he could develop into a good player, but I think he might go higher.

pbmax
02-22-2020, 04:33 PM
Akeem Davis-Gaither is a projection inside. So far versus the Ragin' Cajuns he has been outside the DE every snap. His burliest blockers are TEs and RBs.

He's not afraid to stick his nose in and he is active with his hands, but I think he starts out strictly as nickel/slot guy who is good in run support.

He can hold an edge versus a Tackle, if the tackle is cut down from behind by his own guy falling into his legs.

On bad guess on a gap. Make that two.

Some speed in recovery and he is not afraid to wrap up a hit.

GB-Brandon
02-22-2020, 05:33 PM
Do we have to take a db every single year with one of our top picks or is that just our built in DNA at this point?

RashanGary
02-22-2020, 05:40 PM
Markus Bailey ILB 3rd round maybe??

call_me_ishmael
02-22-2020, 10:12 PM

He'd look really good as a first round pick behind Bulaga for a year or two, methinks.

call_me_ishmael
02-22-2020, 10:15 PM
Jones might not be available at 30. His Senior bowl skyrocketed him into the first round. He is a super athletic tackle that has a high season. If he played at better program he would probably be a top 15 selection.

You think he can play LT? To me, they need to hit a homerun on OL this year. Bahktiari seems to have a lost a step and only has a year left. Bulaga is always hurt and might not even be resigned. They are almost certainly going to need two need tackles in two years, and probably at least one in one year. This is the year to draft them and get them ready in my opinion.

Bretsky
02-23-2020, 12:00 PM
NEWEST MOCK

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/ContentGallery/2020-NFL-Mock-Draft-Trades-143156379/#143156379_29

RashanGary
02-23-2020, 12:18 PM
NEWEST MOCK

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/ContentGallery/2020-NFL-Mock-Draft-Trades-143156379/#143156379_29

Last time we traded out we got Jordy. If that happened again it would be nice

RashanGary
02-23-2020, 12:19 PM
Oops, jordy and Kevin King. And I like King a lot more than most. Better on pure cover guy than Alexander in my opinion

Bretsky
02-23-2020, 05:34 PM
Oops, jordy and Kevin King. And I like King a lot more than most. Better on pure cover guy than Alexander in my opinion

King is a good player; I don't see why people deny that.

Many hate King because TT f'cked up by trading down and leaving a state wide hero and perrenial Pro Bowler pass him by at the EDGE when he was right in our back yard.

texaspackerbacker
02-23-2020, 08:57 PM
The reason some people deny that is that he gets beat in coverage so damn often. He does seem to have a nose for the ball - or maybe teams just throw it in his direction more often than other guys.

I honestly did not see T.J. Watt being as good as he has been as a pro. I thought he was more of a "system" player and maybe not even as good as Vince Biegel.

Joemailman
02-23-2020, 11:21 PM
The reason some people deny that is that he gets beat in coverage so damn often. He does seem to have a nose for the ball - or maybe teams just throw it in his direction more often than other guys.

I honestly did not see T.J. Watt being as good as he has been as a pro. I thought he was more of a "system" player and maybe not even as good as Vince Biegel.

Teams completed 58% of passes when targeting receiver covered by King. 53% when targeting receiver covered by Alexander. King did give up 17 yards per reception compared to 14 for Alexander, so King was more prone to giving up big plays. Those percentages are lower than the completion percentages given up by Bears CB's, although Packers CB's gave up more yards per completion.

Joemailman
02-23-2020, 11:28 PM
Is Joe Burrow thinking of pulling an Eli at the draft?

"I do have leverage," the former LSU quarterback said, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, during a reception in Fort Worth in which he accepted the Davey O'Brien Award, given to the nation's top college quarterback. "[The Bengals] have their process and I have my process. We haven't even gotten to the [NFL] combine yet. There's a lot of things that happen leading up to the draft and a lot of information gathered."

Cincinnati actually has some pretty good weapons if the bring A.J. Green back. It wouldn't be a bad place for him.

Zool
02-24-2020, 07:36 AM
Is Joe Burrow thinking of pulling an Eli at the draft?

Cincinnati actually has some pretty good weapons if the bring A.J. Green back. It wouldn't be a bad place for him.

Right, it's not like it's Cleveland or Detroit.

It's pretty close though.

Deputy Nutz
02-24-2020, 08:31 AM
Markus Bailey ILB 3rd round maybe??

I don't dislike his film. He looks to be a possible cheaper version of Martinez.

run pMc
02-24-2020, 08:37 AM
Right, it's not like it's Cleveland or Detroit.

It's pretty close though.

Well they are picking first for a reason.

Joemailman
02-24-2020, 08:50 AM
Burrow will be going to a bad team. The Bengals with A.J. Green, Tyler Boyd and Joe Mixon at least have better offensive weapons than most bad teams. Their offensive line is bad though, ranked 30th by PFF. LT Jonah Williams, their 1st round pick from 2019 who missed the whole season with a torn labrum will be back though.

call_me_ishmael
02-24-2020, 08:54 AM
The Bengals are a terrible organization but what better organization does he have leverage to get to? I think a lot of the "The Giants are a model organization" talk has fallen by the wayside in recent years. I seem to recall most HC candidates required significant front-office and organizational changes to be made if they were to play ball with them reported by Rapoport or something.

The other teams in the top 6 or 7 aren't really any better.

He'll be a Bengal. It's not an outlier year where a respectable team tanked. The teams with the worst records are the worst organizations this year.

Deputy Nutz
02-24-2020, 09:16 AM
http://www.draftnetwork.com

I find this as one of the best resources for the draft. A bunch of different opinions on players.

Cephus is listed as a top 15 receiver. First time I have seen him make a list.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/kyle-crabbs--2020-nfl-draft-top-10-wide-receivers

run pMc
02-24-2020, 12:04 PM
http://www.draftnetwork.com

I find this as one of the best resources for the draft. A bunch of different opinions on players.

Cephus is listed as a top 15 receiver. First time I have seen him make a list.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/kyle-crabbs--2020-nfl-draft-top-10-wide-receivers

Yeah Cephus and a few other players have moved around their board -- Cephus made a big jump up by about 2 rounds I think, from like 170 to 110. It's combine week so many players will move around.

GB-Brandon
02-24-2020, 07:44 PM
Packers will have to take Cephus in 3rd(or trade back up) if they want him.

Bretsky
02-24-2020, 08:59 PM
Packers will have to take Cephus in 3rd(or trade back up) if they want him.

Just do it Gooter

pbmax
02-25-2020, 09:54 AM
I wouldn't trust the Bengals to not screw this up if I am Burrow.

If he asks Archie, Archie would make say make a stink.

run pMc
02-25-2020, 11:31 AM
Just do it Gooter

LOL Let's see how he interviews and runs.

Currently looking at Juaun Jennings -- not sure how fast he is, but he is one tough hombre with the ball. Would like a little more speed/urgency on some of his deeper routes but for the short to intermediate game he could be a decent late round pick. Had a run in with previous coach regime, played well after that. Interview and combine, as always, will help sort out if/where he's draftable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppnlft5TLuo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7s2pdMBCcs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGvwIM6a0ac

pbmax
02-25-2020, 05:16 PM
Matt Bowen @MattBowen41

#Auburn DT Derrick Brown — Watch this clip...

• Beats the guard off the jump
• Forces the ball to bounce

Now, stay with Brown throughout the play. This is awesome effort. Run to the ball...

@NFLMatchup

Video clip: https://twitter.com/MattBowen41/status/1232060490609766402

Joemailman
02-25-2020, 05:37 PM
Matt Bowen @MattBowen41

#Auburn DT Derrick Brown — Watch this clip...

• Beats the guard off the jump
• Forces the ball to bounce

Now, stay with Brown throughout the play. This is awesome effort. Run to the ball...

@NFLMatchup

Video clip: https://twitter.com/MattBowen41/status/1232060490609766402

Nice effort. But did he over pursue opening up the cutback lane?

wist43
02-25-2020, 08:50 PM
Nice effort. But did he over pursue opening up the cutback lane?

No, backside containment was not his responsibility.

RashanGary
02-25-2020, 09:31 PM
I don't dislike his film. He looks to be a possible cheaper version of Martinez.

Bailey

Similar to Martinez.... Maybe faster?? Maybe more instinctive in coverage??

Deputy Nutz
02-26-2020, 07:28 AM
Bailey

Similar to Martinez.... Maybe faster?? Maybe more instinctive in coverage??

I don't know if I would say any of those things. I liked Martinez coming out of the draft in 2016. I thought the Packers got good value for him in the 4th round.
I will tell you this though, the Packers love the 3 cone drill when it comes to their linebackers, Martinez had the second fastest 3 cone among linebackers in the 2016 draft

mraynrand
02-26-2020, 08:22 AM
I don't know if I would say any of those things. I liked Martinez coming out of the draft in 2016. I thought the Packers got good value for him in the 4th round.
I will tell you this though, the Packers love the 3 cone drill when it comes to their linebackers, Martinez had the second fastest 3 cone among linebackers in the 2016 draft

The funny thing is that if he had been taken with the 5th overall pick, he'd be a total disaster of a pick, right? But the weird things is that no matter where he was picked, no matter his three cone, the Packers are still stuck with a guy who isn't good enough for the spot he's in without more support. So if they keep him or a guy like him in the middle, they have to get better elsewhere (pass coverage LB upgrade, DL upgrade).

pbmax
02-26-2020, 08:26 AM
The funny thing is that if he had been taken with the 5th overall pick, he'd be a total disaster of a pick, right? But the weird things is that no matter where he was picked, no matter his three cone, the Packers are still stuck with a guy who isn't good enough for the spot he's in without more support. So if they keep him or a guy like him in the middle, they have to get better elsewhere (pass coverage LB upgrade, DL upgrade).

You don't need an All-Pro at every spot. But it would help have an All-Pro next to each non-All Pro.

Too many All Pro holes.

Deputy Nutz
02-26-2020, 08:38 AM

The Packers took Hawk with the 5th pick and I still think they got more production out of Martinez then they did Hawk. It's not Martinez's fault that he had to become the Packers only option on all three downs. He is going to get paid so I would say he was good enough, just not valued by the Packers as an 8 mill a year guy.

mraynrand
02-26-2020, 08:41 AM
The Packers took Hawk with the 5th pick and I still think they got more production out of Martinez then they did Hawk. It's not Martinez's fault that he had to become the Packers only option on all three downs. He is going to get paid so I would say he was good enough, just not valued by the Packers as an 8 mill a year guy.

I agree. I'm only saying that the value you get from drafting a guy like Martinez in the 4th is that (hopefully) your round 1-3 picks included the better guys at the other LB position and DT/DE, not guys like Hawk and Datone Jones.

Zool
02-26-2020, 10:42 AM
Or Jerel Worthy

call_me_ishmael
02-26-2020, 10:58 AM
Zach Baun getting a lot of good press. I could easily see the Packers trading down and trying to pick up an extra third or fourth here. Given the depth of the positions on the team and make-up of the draft, I have to think they'll manuever accordingly so they can land a WR and OT in the first two rounds. I just don't see how they could pick anything else. Too much strength in the draft paired with too much current and future unknown on the current roster.

Deputy Nutz
02-26-2020, 11:52 AM
Baun is an edge guy in a 3-4, in fact he is taylor made for a team like Pittsburgh/Green Bay. I simply can't see the Packers using a high draft pick on an edge guy, but I said that last year as well. Baun might be able to play a hybrid role in the middle, but to say he is an inside linebacker would be a bit of a stretch.

Baun was the high school player of the year in Wisconsin in 2014. He was the starting Quarterback for Brown Deer High School and he was a phenomenal athlete. His numbers running and even throwing were off the chart. The Badgers got a heck of a steal getting him as a walk on. Some NFL team could be in the same position.

Bretsky
02-26-2020, 12:45 PM
Baun is an edge guy in a 3-4, in fact he is taylor made for a team like Pittsburgh/Green Bay. I simply can't see the Packers using a high draft pick on an edge guy, but I said that last year as well. Baun might be able to play a hybrid role in the middle, but to say he is an inside linebacker would be a bit of a stretch.

Baun was the high school player of the year in Wisconsin in 2014. He was the starting Quarterback for Brown Deer High School and he was a phenomenal athlete. His numbers running and even throwing were off the chart. The Badgers got a heck of a steal getting him as a walk on. Some NFL team could be in the same position.

WHO do you want ?

Baun, or da Baconator ?

Deputy Nutz
02-26-2020, 01:04 PM
Are you referring to Gary as the "baconator"? If so, the pick was already been made last year and the Packers are going to have to live with it for the next several years. The Smith brothers are really the reason why the Packers don't need to draft another edge player with high draft picks.

run pMc
02-26-2020, 01:15 PM
Are you referring to Gary as the "baconator"? If so, the pick was already been made last year and the Packers are going to have to live with it for the next several years. The Smith brothers are really the reason why the Packers don't need to draft another edge player with high draft picks.

I don't think they will draft an Edge defender high unless someone drops to them. The Smiths + Gary are ok, but what happens if one of the Smiths gets hurt? Bring back Fackrell? Baun would likely be a Day 2 pick and GB has bigger needs, but I wonder if he'd be more ready to fill in (or leapfrog Gary for snaps). I also wonder if he could play both inside and outside depending on what Pettine wants to do.

Zool
02-26-2020, 01:30 PM

Unless they have decided to move on from Frakle. Who's the backup other than Gary?

run pMc
02-26-2020, 02:19 PM
Unless they have decided to move on from Frakle. Who's the backup other than Gary?

Greg Roberts/Randy Ramsey I think? They carried 4 OLBs last year and will probably do the same this year.

GB-Brandon
02-26-2020, 04:59 PM
Martinez is nothing more then a “serviceable LB” that is not worth a big contract. We can “find serviceable” in the draft with higher upside.

It’s time to get some pony’s on offense and go for it.

GB-Brandon
02-26-2020, 05:09 PM

This is a good sign.

http://bleacherreport.com/post/green-bay-packers/dcf0c4c7-ec54-4f7f-b1a0-bb43819a52da

RashanGary
02-26-2020, 05:22 PM
This is a good sign.

http://bleacherreport.com/post/green-bay-packers/dcf0c4c7-ec54-4f7f-b1a0-bb43819a52da

Physically he's a beast and obviously he's a grinder. I'm really curious to see if he puts it together.

wist43
02-26-2020, 05:36 PM
2 guys I like so far are Patrick Queen, LB; and, Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty Univ.

RashanGary
02-26-2020, 05:42 PM
2 guys I like so far are Patrick Queen, LB; and, Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty Univ.

I like Queen and Josh Jones!

RashanGary
02-26-2020, 05:44 PM
I'm actually hoping for Josh Jones. He wins damn near every down. Big. Athletic. Still room to refine his game even though he wins so consistently . A true stud. A rare get at 30

run pMc
02-26-2020, 06:03 PM
Haven't watched Jones but I've watched Queen. He's good but he didn't wow me. He's rangy, etc., but he doesn't have a big track record of production (basically one year), and for a smaller guy I worry about spending a R1 pick for someone like that. He'll need the DL to keep him clean, but that's not a big surprise -- many ILB's do. He'd be a better version of Burks basically, and need a bigger body next to him at ILB. So would Murray (probably) or Davis-Gaither, for that matter. I'll have to go back and watch both after the combine...curious to see how they perform on the drills.

pbmax
02-26-2020, 06:32 PM
Bet Gary reports to camp in the best shape of his life.

GB-Brandon
02-26-2020, 06:41 PM
Haven't watched Jones but I've watched Queen. He's good but he didn't wow me. He's rangy, etc., but he doesn't have a big track record of production (basically one year), and for a smaller guy I worry about spending a R1 pick for someone like that. He'll need the DL to keep him clean, but that's not a big surprise -- many ILB's do. He'd be a better version of Burks basically, and need a bigger body next to him at ILB. So would Murray (probably) or Davis-Gaither, for that matter. I'll have to go back and watch both after the combine...curious to see how they perform on the drills.

I am with you on Queen and he is a bit of a tweeter to me. I believe he is best suited for as a “4-3 Will” as I’ve posted.

Everyone has there fav but I’m still on Jordyn Brooks. I really like how his game and skill set projects to the NFL. I believe he will show everyone at the combine how fluid and athletic he is. He plays mean and I’ll take “Mean and Athletic” any day of the week. We need a “Twitchy Thumper” which would upgrade Martinez.

Bretsky
02-26-2020, 08:15 PM

Honestly isn't he always in great shape ? That is what BaconGoot fell in love with

GB-Brandon
02-26-2020, 09:13 PM
Not saying he is Jadeveon Clowney but Clowney had some struggles as a rookie. Year 2 is gonna be a big indicator of what we have with Gary.

RashanGary
02-26-2020, 09:21 PM
Not saying he is Jadeveon Clowney but Clowney had some struggles as a rookie. Year 2 is gonna be a big indicator of what we have with Gary.

That's a really good comparison. The size, length, speed..... Lacking elite agility. Clowney is a pretty good pass rusher. I'm thinking Gary will be like that

Radagast
02-26-2020, 09:48 PM

It does not matter what shape Gary reports to camp in, he'll never rise to start at the NFL level. Release him now and perhaps some Arena Football team will take a chance on him.

As an example: In the classic film "The Dirty Dozen" Lee Marvin's character invites the much larger character played by Clint Walker to attack him with a knife. The smaller Marvin handled the larger Walker with ease. Gary may be larger and stronger, but he is just not a good football player. I believe the problem rest between his ears. He can be trained and coached, but it is up to Gary to apply that training. I don't believe that he possesses the brain power to react as quickly as his opponents.

IMO, Gary was a gamble and the Packers lost. GB needs to cut it's liability in Gary and move on.

pbmax
02-26-2020, 11:26 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnawareMiserlyGenet-max-1mb.gif

It does not matter what shape Gary reports to camp in, he'll never rise to start at the NFL level. Release him now and perhaps some Arena Football team will take a chance on him.

As an example: In the classic film "The Dirty Dozen" Lee Marvin's character invites the much larger character played by Clint Walker to attack him with a knife. The smaller Marvin handled the larger Walker with ease. Gary may be larger and stronger, but he is just not a good football player. I believe the problem rest between his ears. He can be trained and coached, but it is up to Gary to apply that training. I don't believe that he possesses the brain power to react as quickly as his opponents.

IMO, Gary was a gamble and the Packers lost. GB needs to cut it's liability in Gary and move on.

mraynrand
02-27-2020, 12:07 AM
I want to know just exactly who the NFL equivalent of Lee Marvin is in this brilliant metaphor. Is there a 240 pound left tackle?

Radagast
02-27-2020, 12:29 AM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnawareMiserlyGenet-max-1mb.gif

Communication is about presenting case or position. You have done neither. If that is your picture then you are strange imdeed.

Spending GB's #14 overall pick on Rashan Gary was a waste. Opponents hope he will play as he is a poor football player. It's argued that he is large and strong, but he can't compete at the NFL level. GB needs to cut it's losses on a gamble that did not and will never reap the 1st round player they hoped they were getting. Good thing the two Smiths were acquired in FA.

mraynrand
02-27-2020, 12:31 AM
If that is a picture then you are strange.

It is a picture, and you are strange.

Radagast
02-27-2020, 12:40 AM
mraynrand, posting in hope that you will upset me will not work. You have been ignored by me for many months now.

:pc:

Radagast
02-27-2020, 04:41 AM
Most interested in who will be fastest in the combine. Also, who is the strongest.

mraynrand
02-27-2020, 06:59 AM
mraynrand, posting in hope that you will upset me will not work. You have been ignored by me for many months now.

stop ignoring me! :)

Deputy Nutz
02-27-2020, 07:32 AM

I am sure you were in the camp of the morons that wanted Devonte Adams cut or traded after his down second year. Even if Gary doesn't pan out you don't cut him after his rookie year. Stop being an idiot, The kid is 22 years old.

Deputy Nutz
02-27-2020, 07:33 AM
Most interested in who will be fastest in the combine. Also, who is the strongest.

Take this nonsense to the Combine thread.

pbmax
02-27-2020, 07:42 AM
I want to know just exactly who the NFL equivalent of Lee Marvin is in this brilliant metaphor. Is there a 240 pound left tackle?

Doug Dieken

pbmax
02-27-2020, 07:45 AM
Communication is about presenting case or position. You have done neither. If that is your picture then you are strange imdeed.

Spending GB's #14 overall pick on Rashan Gary was a waste. Opponents hope he will play as he is a poor football player. It's argued that he is large and strong, but he can't compete at the NFL level. GB needs to cut it's losses on a gamble that did not and will never reap the 1st round player they hoped they were getting. Good thing the two Smiths were acquired in FA.

1. My original post was a joke.

2. No team is going to give up on a first round pick. Too much talent and too cheap a contract. Yes they tend to hang on to them for too long and overvalue them after that, but that is not a Year 1 to 2 problem.

3. Just read about Brian Williams from the Packers, Will LB from 1995 to 2000.

4. Self reflection seems the order of the day.

Deputy Nutz
02-27-2020, 09:43 AM

I watched the Syracuse game and I have to say I like Gandy-Golden's film almost as much as I like the name. He has great hands, and although he doesn't have much make ya miss qualities he is a big body kid that keeps his legs pumping through contact. He is a load to bring down in the open field. I do have questions about his abilities against good press coverage as even in the Power 5 conferences you don't see NFL level press from corners week in and week out, you are not going to see it with the competition that Liberty faces.

You could burn a 4th round pick on him and look like a complete genius, or if he fails no one will care because it is a 4th round pick.

smuggler
02-27-2020, 12:39 PM
My dumbass mock draft I ran today. Would be pretty happy with the outcome, but I suspect the computer is not valuing players correctly. Or maybe the stars align. Who knows.

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock-nfl-mock-draft-simulator/draft.php?d=tqemeg

30: R1P30
LB PATRICK QUEEN
LSU
62: R2P30
WR BRANDON AIYUK
ARIZONA STATE
94: R3P30
DL RAEKWON DAVIS
ALABAMA
133: R4P30
WR TYLER JOHNSON
MINNESOTA
175: R5P29
OT CALVIN THROCKMORTON
OREGON
192: R6P13
LB JOE BACHIE
MICHIGAN STATE
208: R6P29
S J.R. REED
GEORGIA
209: R6P30
RB LAMICAL PERINE
FLORIDA
224: R7P10
OT YASIR DURANT
MISSOURI
242: R7P28
CB REGGIE ROBINSON II
TULSA

RashanGary
02-27-2020, 12:42 PM
It's cool to see football people here for the last 15 years. Little subtlties like strength of opponent and mindset start coming up a little more and the sureness we all have about what we know starts to go away and is replaced with, maybes.

A subtlty I'm noticing is

I've seen guys with bad college technique evolve into NFL talent like TJ Lang, James Jones and Davante Adams and I've seen Derrek Sherrods. I'm starting to think gamers with bad technique are the guys who do make it more often and guys who keep getting beat with bad technique are the guys who have longer odds... Kind of like a Favre, there's something to be said for finding a way, eh?

RashanGary
02-27-2020, 12:45 PM
So with my latest subtly in mind and the 30th pick on our plate, I have my eyes on the high upside big dude and true gamer from Houston, Josh Jones, OT

His knock is technique, but I over look it because he wins every down. Sitton had that quality too

Deputy Nutz
02-27-2020, 01:03 PM
So with my latest subtly in mind and the 30th pick on our plate, I have my eyes on the high upside big dude and true gamer from Houston, Josh Jones, OT

His knock is technique, but I over look it because he wins every down. Sitton had that quality too

You have said this for a week now. I would probably take Jones right now with the 30th pick and run like I stole something. If Queen was there you sort of have to take him because of how weak the middle linebacker position is in this draft.

RashanGary
02-27-2020, 01:17 PM
You have said this for a week now. I would probably take Jones right now with the 30th pick and run like I stole something. If Queen was there you sort of have to take him because of how weak the middle linebacker position is in this draft.

I think I'd take Jones over Queen just because I think he's a more impressive football player.

There are probowl players picked around the 30th pick and later every year. Its a good spot if you're flexible enough to take the one that drops.

RashanGary
02-27-2020, 01:19 PM
Having Jenkins and an OT like Jones frees up money to spend else where too.

call_me_ishmael
02-27-2020, 01:30 PM

I tend to think though that they can get by with a youngster at MLB if they improve their ends.

I think you gotta go OT high in this draft. Even if you resign Bulaga (which they should).

Personally, I doubt Queen gets out of the top 12. He'll be similar to the dude from Georgia and the dude from LSU last year that went to Tampa.

smuggler
02-27-2020, 02:46 PM
Yes, I think with Keuchly retiring Queen makes a lot of sense to the Panthers. And if he gets to them, the Saints would certainly be interested in him.

Bretsky
02-27-2020, 03:26 PM
I think I'd take Jones over Queen just because I think he's a more impressive football player.

There are probowl players picked around the 30th pick and later every year. Its a good spot if you're flexible enough to take the one that drops.

If Jones can come in and play RT we could gamble and let Bulaga go and use the money elsewhere

RashanGary
02-27-2020, 03:49 PM
If Jones can come in and play RT we could gamble and let Bulaga go and use the money elsewhere

That's kinda what I'm thinking. If the depth is at OT, Wr and Corner this year, the hardest to find is the big guys. Might be best to go there and just use the money on a set of legs on defense. Tt and gute have both said it's harder to find big guys who can plan than legs. So OT seems like the best bet this year's draft.

run pMc
02-27-2020, 05:25 PM
Cephus ran a 4.73 40? Yikes. Back to the tape, else he's UDFA/Day 3.

Radagast
02-27-2020, 06:02 PM
Last year GB's GM went to the FA market and repaired some of the packers defensive needs. This year Martinez must be signed to a new multi-year contract. He will need some real help at ILB before the 2020 season begins

Most of the experts agree that GB needs a true Deep Threat WR. The Packers must acquire one through the next draft (a trade up if practical) or with a FA hire.

Right Offensive Tackle is also a concern. Bulaga is aging and has been plagued with injuries. He may play another 1 to 2 years, but a real replacement needs to be acquired and trained before they are required.

As I stated before, sign Martinez and get him some help at ILB.

Sternberger may emerge as the starting TE this year.

It does not require more than a year to see that Rashan Gary is a big BUST. Clinging to the false hope that GB did not waist last seasons 14th overall draft choice is simply crazy. They thought they could take a large/strong fellow and train him to play in the NFL. I salute the effort that went into it, but as large/strong that Rashan Gary is, he will never be a starter in the NFL. In addition, others will push him out of the roster as time moves forward. I say loose the deadwood now and move on.

RashanGary
02-27-2020, 06:37 PM
A couple of talented WRs who weren't expected to run 4.4 just ran 4.4.

Looks like the WR depth is gonna last till our pick for sure now.

But, being a big guy first believer, i do hope a stud OT slips to us, then move up in the 2nd for the WR

Radagast
02-27-2020, 07:03 PM
A couple of talented WRs who weren't expected to run 4.4 just ran 4.4.

Looks like the WR depth is gonna last till our pick for sure now.

But, being a big guy first believer, i do hope a stud OT slips to us, then move up in the 2nd for the WR

Speed is certainly a primary consideration. However speed couts little if a player can't catch footballs. Yes separation from defender/s is important, but usually a WR must battle to make catches. I too want a deep threat WR with speed, but it does no good if he can't catch footballs. I still say trade up to get the #1 or #2 rated WR in the 2020 Draft.

RashanGary
02-27-2020, 07:24 PM
Speed is certainly a primary consideration. However speed couts little if a player can't catch footballs. Yes separation from defender/s is important, but usually a WR must battle to make catches. I too want a deep threat WR with speed, but it does no good if he can't catch footballs. I still say trade up to get the #1 or #2 rated WR in the 2020 Draft.

That's why I specified "talented". Top producing guys who made play after play in college. Guys already talked about in the top 2 rounds based on game tape.

texaspackerbacker
02-27-2020, 07:33 PM
Last year GB's GM went to the FA market and repaired some of the packers defensive needs. This year Martinez must be signed to a new multi-year contract. He will need some real help at ILB before the 2020 season begins

Most of the experts agree that GB needs a true Deep Threat WR. The Packers must acquire one through the next draft (a trade up if practical) or with a FA hire.

Right Offensive Tackle is also a concern. Bulaga is aging and has been plagued with injuries. He may play another 1 to 2 years, but a real replacement needs to be acquired and trained before they are required.

As I stated before, sign Martinez and get him some help at ILB.

Sternberger may emerge as the starting TE this year.

It does not require more than a year to see that Rashan Gary is a big BUST. Clinging to the false hope that GB did not waist last seasons 14th overall draft choice is simply crazy. They thought they could take a large/strong fellow and train him to play in the NFL. I salute the effort that went into it, but as large/strong that Rashan Gary is, he will never be a starter in the NFL. In addition, others will push him out of the roster as time moves forward. I say loose the deadwood now and move on.

I don't often agree with you, Radagast, but you got things right in this post.

I agree, we really need to get Martinez signed. Help for him? Yes, but not very early in the draft.

A deep threat pass receiver, yes, for sure.

Maybe just going with what we've got at TE? Yeah; I haven't had a high opinion of Sternberger, but he was drafted high enough and shown just enough that there is hope. I also have had a low opinion of Tonyan, but if it's true he was slowed by injury, then maybe there's hope for him too.

An offensive tackle? Yes, partly because Bulaga may not be there and is so injury prone. Also, however, Bakhtiari is a free agent next year, and his play and maybe his health has deteriorated. I wouldn't be surprised (or upset) if we don't re-sign him.

waste, not waist hahahahaha - on that last paragraph, I tend to disagree with you. Gary needs coaching and experience, but I think there is still good hope he will be a quality starter at some point, and not a waste.

My best hope for our first round pick is D Line - somebody like Raekwon Davis to pair with Kenny Clark. Then WR and OT in the second and third - in either order.

pbmax
02-28-2020, 07:48 AM
Cephus ran a 4.73 40? Yikes. Back to the tape, else he's UDFA/Day 3.

Always knew he was a Badger :)

Bretsky
02-28-2020, 07:58 AM
Always knew he was a Badger :)

now that was mean spirited :)))

mraynrand
02-28-2020, 08:29 AM
Clinging to the false hope that GB did not waist last seasons 14th overall draft choice is simply crazy. I say loose the deadwood now and move on.

solid thots.

pbmax
02-29-2020, 12:20 PM
Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero

Appalachian State LB Akeem Davis-Gaither will have surgery Tuesday with Dr. Robert Anderson for a partial stress fracture in his right foot that has bothered him since the season, source said. It’ll be a 6- to 8-week recovery, so healthy in plenty of time for his rookie year.

run pMc
02-29-2020, 04:45 PM
Players GB has supposedly met with (EW = East/West Shrine, SR = Sr bowl, COM = combine). Looks to me like a lot of defensive players and late Day2 and Day3 players.

McTelvin Agim, DE/3-4OLB, Arkansas (EW)
Jet Anderson, RB, TCU (COM)
Essang Bassey, CB, Wake Forest (COM)
Ross Blacklock, DT/3-4DE, TCU (COM)
Antoine Brooks Jr., S, Maryland (COM)
Quintez Cephus, WR, Wisconsin (COM)
Nevelle Clarke, CB, Central Florida (COM)
Darrion Daniels, DT/NT, Nebraska (SR)
Michael Danna, DE, Michigan (EW)
Kevin Davidson, QB, Princeton (EW)
Quartney Davis, WR, Texas A&M (COM)
Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU (COM)
Javelin Guidry, CB, Utah (COM)
Lavert Hill, CB, Michigan (COM)
Noah Igbinoghene, CB, Auburn (COM)
Anfernee Jennings, 3-4OLB/OLB/ILB, Alabama (SR)
Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah (COM)
Brandon Jones, S, Texas (COM)
Solomon Kindley, G, Georgia (COM)
Terrell Lewis, DE/3-4OLB, Alabama (COM)
Kamal Martin, OLB, Minnesota (COM)
Zack Moss, RB, Utah (COM)
Dante Olson, ILB, Montana (EW)
Dezmon Patmon, WR, Washington State (EW)
Patrick Queen, LB, LSU (COM)
Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU (COM)
Reggie Robinson, CB, Tulsa (COM)
Bravvion Roy, DT, Baylor (EW)
Stanford Samuels III, CB, Florida State (COM)
Laviska Shenault Jr., WR, Colorado (COM)
Tommy Stevens, QB, Mississippi State (EW)
Darrell Taylor, 3-4OLB/OLB, Tennessee (COM)
Josh Uche, 3-4OLB/OLB, Michigan (COM)
Ke'Shawn Vaughn, RB, Vanderbilt (COM)
K'Von Wallace, S, Clemson (COM)
Antoine Winfield, S, Minnesota (COM)

wist43
02-29-2020, 09:56 PM
I watched the Syracuse game and I have to say I like Gandy-Golden's film almost as much as I like the name. He has great hands, and although he doesn't have much make ya miss qualities he is a big body kid that keeps his legs pumping through contact. He is a load to bring down in the open field. I do have questions about his abilities against good press coverage as even in the Power 5 conferences you don't see NFL level press from corners week in and week out, you are not going to see it with the competition that Liberty faces.

You could burn a 4th round pick on him and look like a complete genius, or if he fails no one will care because it is a 4th round pick.

I agree... that's about where I was thinking of him, 4th round.

wist43
02-29-2020, 10:02 PM
Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor... really like this guy.

Guess he lit up the combine too... was hoping he would fly under the radar and drop some.

wthigoot
03-01-2020, 02:32 PM
Players GB has supposedly met with (EW = East/West Shrine, SR = Sr bowl, COM = combine). Looks to me like a lot of defensive players and late Day2 and Day3 players.

McTelvin Agim, DE/3-4OLB, Arkansas (EW)
Jet Anderson, RB, TCU (COM)
Essang Bassey, CB, Wake Forest (COM)
Ross Blacklock, DT/3-4DE, TCU (COM)
Antoine Brooks Jr., S, Maryland (COM)
Quintez Cephus, WR, Wisconsin (COM)
Nevelle Clarke, CB, Central Florida (COM)
Darrion Daniels, DT/NT, Nebraska (SR)
Michael Danna, DE, Michigan (EW)
Kevin Davidson, QB, Princeton (EW)
Quartney Davis, WR, Texas A&M (COM)
Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU (COM)
Javelin Guidry, CB, Utah (COM)
Lavert Hill, CB, Michigan (COM)
Noah Igbinoghene, CB, Auburn (COM)
Anfernee Jennings, 3-4OLB/OLB/ILB, Alabama (SR)
Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah (COM)
Brandon Jones, S, Texas (COM)
Solomon Kindley, G, Georgia (COM)
Terrell Lewis, DE/3-4OLB, Alabama (COM)
Kamal Martin, OLB, Minnesota (COM)
Zack Moss, RB, Utah (COM)
Dante Olson, ILB, Montana (EW)
Dezmon Patmon, WR, Washington State (EW)
Patrick Queen, LB, LSU (COM)
Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU (COM)
Reggie Robinson, CB, Tulsa (COM)
Bravvion Roy, DT, Baylor (EW)
Stanford Samuels III, CB, Florida State (COM)
Laviska Shenault Jr., WR, Colorado (COM)
Tommy Stevens, QB, Mississippi State (EW)
Darrell Taylor, 3-4OLB/OLB, Tennessee (COM)
Josh Uche, 3-4OLB/OLB, Michigan (COM)
Ke'Shawn Vaughn, RB, Vanderbilt (COM)
K'Von Wallace, S, Clemson (COM)
Antoine Winfield, S, Minnesota (COM)

Kind of like Ke'Shawn Vaughn as a backup RB.

Getting a Jet and a Javelin ought to help team speed though

Joemailman
03-01-2020, 03:11 PM
Malik Harrison is a LB who would likely improve the run defense. https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/malik-harrison/jwjnJK4KyJ Is 2nd round too early to take a guy who might have to come off the field in dime situations?

https://relativeathleticscores.com/2020/02/04/malik-harrison-ras/

https://relativeathleticscores.files.wordpress.com/2020/03/malik-harrison-ras-19584.png

RashanGary
03-01-2020, 04:18 PM
If you played the 49ers every week, probably not. If you play in the NFL, probably.

RashanGary
03-01-2020, 06:17 PM
1st round i like Queen ILB and Josh Jones OT

2nd round i like Pittman WR and Logan Wilson ILB

RashanGary
03-01-2020, 07:11 PM
Latest CBS mock has Packers taking Justin Jefferson WR LSU

That would be exciting! Kind of a polished product as far as draft picks go

RashanGary
03-01-2020, 07:37 PM
Pittman reminds me so much of jordy. I've got my fingers crossed for round 2

wist43
03-01-2020, 10:20 PM
Latest CBS mock has Packers taking Justin Jefferson WR LSU

That would be exciting! Kind of a polished product as far as draft picks go

I like Jefferson quite a bit, but like Mims more; and I like both of those guys over Pittman. I see Pittman as more of a 4th rounder.

Would be happy with Mims or Queen in the first... long way to go though. Lot of players left to look at.

run pMc
03-02-2020, 07:37 AM
Agree Pittman will probably be there after Round 2. I like Jefferson and Mims, haven't really seen much of Pittman yet but he's not bad.
Between the Senior Bowl and Combine, Mims is a Top 50 player now. The WR depth in this draft is very good, so if they don't take a WR in R1 I'm not worried.

Given how quiet things are re: Bulaga, I'm thinking they lean towards taking an OT in Round 1. The thing is, at #30 there are so many things that can happen you just have to set a good board and be prepared for anything.

call_me_ishmael
03-02-2020, 11:08 AM
I just don't want more tall receivers. I want Greg Jennings and Donald Driver to be the model. Get great separation by being quick and tremendous route runners.

pbmax
03-02-2020, 11:50 AM
I just don't want more tall receivers. I want Greg Jennings and Donald Driver to be the model. Get great separation by being quick and tremendous route runners.

Among the great unanswered Packer questions:

1. Why did Wolf actually leave after '99?
2. Did Sherman really shut out scouts from draft prep?
3. What did Chris Jacke do?
4. What did Wayne Simmons do?
5. What happened to the two people that Thompson hired to teach him analytics related to the draft?
6. Does the former Viking guy who ran numbers for McCarthy still work there and does he actually just produce ranked lists?

The big WR in the slot question (Gute versus LaFleur, whose bright idea was this in 2018) is the one we need an answer to immediately.

pbmax
03-02-2020, 11:53 AM
Not having access to some of the more thorough Packer information through newspaper websites is complete garbage.

And I mean garbage.

run pMc
03-02-2020, 12:23 PM
6. Does the former Viking guy who ran numbers for McCarthy still work there and does he actually just produce ranked lists?
Mike Eares (sp?) quit a few years back. I think he retired.

As for the big slot WR, the JSO guys seem to think that's a Gute thing and he still likes it.

call_me_ishmael
03-02-2020, 01:27 PM

5. What happened to the two people that Thompson hired to teach him analytics related to the draft?

The big WR in the slot question (Gute versus LaFleur, whose bright idea was this in 2018) is the one we need an answer to immediately.

What are the rumors or speculated answers to most of these?

pbmax
03-02-2020, 01:40 PM
What are the rumors or speculated answers to most of these?

1. Why did Wolf actually leave after '99? Talent drain and coaching issue (why stick around for another rebuild? His answer is tired of dealing with salary cap.
2. Did Sherman really shut out scouts from draft prep? Short term needs based drafting versus long term but honestly, as a novice GM, could be lots of reasons for conflict.
3. What did Chris Jacke do? Joke is he punched a coach or dated a daughter, no idea the truth
4. What did Wayne Simmons do? Was possibly, completely off his rocker
5. What happened to the two people that Thompson hired to teach him analytics related to the draft? The Truth Is Out There
6. Does the former Viking guy who ran numbers for McCarthy still work there and does he actually just produce ranked lists? In the most boring development, he apparently retired. I suspect he gave McCarthy ranked lists because that is how M3 understand "the numbers".

The big WR in the slot question (Gute versus LaFleur, whose bright idea was this in 2018) is the one we need an answer to immediately. Evidence points to Gute, blocking for outside zone or not. But its still possible he is staying in lock step with his coach.

GB-Brandon
03-02-2020, 05:31 PM

I completely 100 percent agree. It might actually be a wasted pick to do that.

What this offense is missing is that short area quickness and speed your talking about to stress the middle of the defense with the ability to get chunk plays. Until we do that I don’t think it really matters who we get on the outside unless it would be someone elite.

They tried big slot(which I never liked) and we ended up with guys not getting enough separation. If Reagor is there I think you have to take him. We’re running out of time.

Joemailman
03-02-2020, 05:33 PM
1. Why did Wolf actually leave after '99? Talent drain and coaching issue (why stick around for another rebuild? His answer is tired of dealing with salary cap.
2. Did Sherman really shut out scouts from draft prep? Short term needs based drafting versus long term but honestly, as a novice GM, could be lots of reasons for conflict.
3. What did Chris Jacke do? Joke is he punched a coach or dated a daughter, no idea the truth
4. What did Wayne Simmons do? Was possibly, completely off his rocker
5. What happened to the two people that Thompson hired to teach him analytics related to the draft? The Truth Is Out There
6. Does the former Viking guy who ran numbers for McCarthy still work there and does he actually just produce ranked lists? In the most boring development, he apparently retired. I suspect he gave McCarthy ranked lists because that is how M3 understand "the numbers".

The big WR in the slot question (Gute versus LaFleur, whose bright idea was this in 2018) is the one we need an answer to immediately. Evidence points to Gute, blocking for outside zone or not. But its still possible he is staying in lock step with his coach.

1. Said he no longer had the energy to do the job the way it needs to be done. His last draft makes this believable.

3. Word was he was seeing Holmgren's daughter even though he was married.

Bretsky
03-02-2020, 07:05 PM

1, I think Wolf just burned out and needed a break
2. No way
3. Didn't he hook up with a coaches relation ?
4. He was a Odell Thurman kinda guy. Reckless, insane. As a player we loved to watch him. But I think while the DC loved him he rubbed the head coaches really bad and they wanted to move on from Simmons
5. Ted in the last few years lost his competency and forgot he hired them. They are not in Cleveland
6. No clue what you are talking about on this one so I can't even offer a smart ass response

mraynrand
03-02-2020, 08:16 PM
Ron Wolf was responsible for 2000. That was a great GM year, possibly his best.

2001 not so much.

Deputy Nutz
03-03-2020, 07:17 AM
There was a lot to like about the combine and it answered some questions about positional depth. If you look at Wide receivers, a lot of 2 or 3 guys are going to come out of the combine with round 1 grades. The depth of the WR position is quite deep. Mims and Jefferson now have first round grades but that doesn't mean they are guaranteed to go in the first round.

Queen and Murray both had good combines, both hurt themselves physically at the combine as well.

pbmax
03-03-2020, 07:29 AM
There was a lot to like about the combine and it answered some questions about positional depth. If you look at Wide receivers, a lot of 2 or 3 guys are going to come out of the combine with round 1 grades. The depth of the WR position is quite deep. Mims and Jefferson now have first round grades but that doesn't mean they are guaranteed to go in the first round.

Queen and Murray both had good combines, both hurt themselves physically at the combine as well.

Mims is getting mocked to the Packers everywhere.

Queen and Murray both got hurt and issued almost identical statements that they were just strains and each was already walking around on it.

pbmax
03-03-2020, 07:30 AM
Ron Wolf was responsible for 2000. That was a great GM year, possibly his best.

2001 not so much.

The Tackle draft and Sherman's first draft.

pbmax
03-03-2020, 07:31 AM
5. Ted in the last few years lost his competency and forgot he hired them. They are not in Cleveland
6. No clue what you are talking about on this one so I can't even offer a smart ass response

5. Possibly still huddled in a cabinet somewhere with an ethernet connection and a stockpile of Code Red.

6. Very nice :D

mraynrand
03-03-2020, 07:40 AM
The Tackle draft and Sherman's first draft.

Five starters and the Ahman Green Trade.

Deputy Nutz
03-03-2020, 07:49 AM
Mims is getting mocked to the Packers everywhere.

Queen and Murray both got hurt and issued almost identical statements that they were just strains and each was already walking around on it.

I like Mims, but there are so many wide receivers in this draft where the Packers could have a lot of potential in the 2nd and 3rd round to land a contributor in 2020.

pbmax
03-03-2020, 07:57 AM
I like Mims, but there are so many wide receivers in this draft where the Packers could have a lot of potential in the 2nd and 3rd round to land a contributor in 2020.

Yep. I like the Ted maneuver if they want a WR as the first pick. Trade down and see if you can collect enough picks to trade for another 4th round pick.

Zach Baun is getting a lot of media coverage (possibly state media influenced) about moving inside at LB. Not sure if this is a result of teams talking to him or his team deciding its a good move for the draft.

GB-Brandon
03-03-2020, 11:27 AM
Post Combine Mock Draft

Round 1, Jalen Reagor WR, TCU~ Gives us a type of player is desperately needed in this offense. Has the short area quickness and speed to stress the middle of the defense which will create mismatches for others. He is kinda Deebo Samuel 2.0. He can also help in return game, jet sweeps etc etc. Makes us more explosive day 1.

Round 2, Jordyn Brooks ILB, Texas Tech- Gives us a "sideline to sideline LB" that has higher upside in pass coverage then Martinez. He has some great film and some bad film but he played in a conference that runs offenses he won't see as much in NFL. IMO he projects really well to the NFL game. "twitchy" athlete that showed great speed for his size. He can shoot gaps and isn't afraid to tackle. Has really good ball skills. If Pettine can put him in the right situation he could be lethal. "Bobby Wagner Style"

Round 3, Lucas Niang T, TCU- This is an interesting spot here that potentially provides great value. Has some injury concern with hip but he is a prototype RT for Lafluers offense. He is a "Road Gradder" that can move people and has necessary talent to develop in passing game. Might have to trade up a few spots to get him here but IMO would be well worth it.

Round 4, Davon Hamilton DT, Ohio State- Gives us another big body upfront that can clog things up. Would provide immediate help in run game but will need some development in pass rush. He is big and powerful and tough to move that can take on double teams. BYE BYE Lancaster.
-
Round 5, AJ Dillon RB, Boston College- This would be sweet. Gives us a big "Power Back" that I like in Lafluers offense. Dillon is a beast and I believe a better version of Eddy Lacy.

Round 6, Quintez Cephus WR, Wisconsin- The slow combine 40 time allows him to slide to us here. Definitely worth a shot and I believe he will be a contributor in the NFL. His tape alone is worthy of this pick,

ThunderDan
03-03-2020, 12:57 PM
Latest draft at Fanspeak:
WR CEEDEE LAMB OKLAHOMA
WR JALEN REAGOR TCU
DL RAEKWON DAVIS ALABAMA
LB TROY DYE OREGON

run pMc
03-03-2020, 12:59 PM
Apparently this guy has All-22 of some games featuring some of the higher ranked WRs:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtBCRt-5IbP1uggiqCdUvdQ/videos

Smidgeon
03-03-2020, 01:47 PM
WR CEEDEE LAMB OKLAHOMA
WR JALEN REAGOR TCU
DL RAEKWON DAVIS ALABAMA
LB TROY DYE OREGON

This would be a dream scenario and therefore unlikely. Just getting Lamb at 30 would be impossible.

RashanGary
03-03-2020, 02:44 PM
I'm sticking with

Josh Jones (early pick lean toward rare big guys)
Michael Pittman (jordy clone)
Logan Wilson ILB (do everything machine at wyoming, sr bowl week standout and combine winner)

Bretsky
03-03-2020, 03:35 PM
I like Jefferson quite a bit, but like Mims more; and I like both of those guys over Pittman. I see Pittman as more of a 4th rounder.

Would be happy with Mims or Queen in the first... long way to go though. Lot of players left to look at.

I think Jefferson is a better propspec than Mims, who I like as well. Agree both over Pittman. Typically you hate all Badgers Wist. Curious as to whether that will be consistent with Cephus ?

Bretsky
03-03-2020, 03:40 PM
WR CEEDEE LAMB OKLAHOMA
WR JALEN REAGOR TCU
DL RAEKWON DAVIS ALABAMA
LB TROY DYE OREGON

This is insane iMO; I think I'd take those rour in returns for all of our draft picks. Lamb is long gone before we pick. Reagor is long gone by end of round 2. Davis is long gone by end of round 3 IMO. But that would be sweet !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bretsky
03-03-2020, 03:42 PM
WHO GETS DRAFTED SOONER ???/

JORDAN LOVE or JUSTIN HERBERT ????????????/ Mel Kiper and Todd Mcshay made a bet and popped 5G down for the winner

Mcshay bet Love.....Kiper bet Herbert

WILL BE INTERESTING

call_me_ishmael
03-03-2020, 04:07 PM

JORDAN LOVE or JUSTIN HERBERT ????????????/ Mel Kiper and Todd Mcshay made a bet and popped 5G down for the winner

WILL BE INTERESTING

Prediction: All four go top 12, pushing down more good players to us!

Bretsky
03-03-2020, 04:15 PM
Prediction: All four go top 12, pushing down more good players to us!

HOPE SO

MCSHAY has Love going to the Chargers and Herbert going to the Colts

Not many teams in dire needs of QB's. Could be good for us in a year or two

run pMc
03-03-2020, 04:51 PM

WILL BE INTERESTING

I can't believe it, but I agree with Kiper. Jordan Love is an interesting prospect, but I have a lot of trouble seeing him going before Herbert.

If 4 QBs go before #30 -- which is certainly possible -- that will mean someone dropped to GB.

Bretsky
03-03-2020, 04:52 PM
I can't believe it, but I agree with Kiper. Jordan Love is an interesting prospect, but I have a lot of trouble seeing him going before Herbert.

If 4 QBs go top 15 -- which is possible -- that will mean someone dropped to GB.

Ii think the consensus now is 4 for sure will go before GB, maybe even 5

wist43
03-03-2020, 10:18 PM
I think Jefferson is a better propspec than Mims, who I like as well. Agree both over Pittman. Typically you hate all Badgers Wist. Curious as to whether that will be consistent with Cephus ?

Good grief, I think I can outrun Cephus - and 10 years ago I could give him a run for his money on the bench press. Hard pass on Cephus.

I like Mims maybe a little better than Jefferson. Jefferson will probably be gone by 30, Mims might be there.

Some other guys I like are Neville Gallimore, Raekwon Davis (2nd rd), Logan Wison if we miss out on Queen.

Bretsky
03-04-2020, 12:07 AM
Good grief, I think I can outrun Cephus - and 10 years ago I could give him a run for his money on the bench press. Hard pass on Cephus.

I like Mims maybe a little better than Jefferson. Jefferson will probably be gone by 30, Mims might be there.

Some other guys I like are Neville Gallimore, Raekwon Davis (2nd rd), Logan Wison if we miss out on Queen.

Can you remember a Badger you actually liked ? Cephus tested just fine on everything but the 40. And wan't he tops on the bench press ? Assuming you are not a fan and don't closely watch all of the games ?

wist43
03-04-2020, 01:41 AM
Can you remember a Badger you actually liked ? Cephus tested just fine on everything but the 40. And wan't he tops on the bench press ? Assuming you are not a fan and don't closely watch all of the games ?

No, I'm a badger fan, lol... but I only watch a couple games per year. Too busy to catch more than that.

Running that 4.73 might have knocked him out of the draft altogether

Deputy Nutz
03-04-2020, 07:13 AM
4.73 is bad. None of his other tests are going to erase that number. Only if he runs at the pro day will he have a chance to better his stock.

mraynrand
03-04-2020, 07:18 AM

You're pretty critical, fella. I bet you can't hold a candle to him on a Snapchat threesome.

run pMc
03-04-2020, 12:19 PM
Top 10 LBs according to unnamed AFL scout in this Huber piece:
https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/murray-queen-gone-then-what-packers

run pMc
03-04-2020, 12:24 PM
So..if 4 QB, 4 OT, 3 DL, 3WR (Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs), and 2-3 CB are gone by 30, that makes things pretty interesting for who will be there.

I'm not sure Love will be gone until late in Round 1... if he's there at 30 and someone wants to trade back into R1 to nab him, I hope Gute robs someone blind making that trade.

wist43
03-04-2020, 12:37 PM
You're pretty critical, fella. I bet you can't hold a candle to him on a Snapchat threesome.

I'm too old for the kinky stuff ;)

RashanGary
03-04-2020, 01:09 PM

Glad to hear ya looked at Logan Wilson. Over the years I've seen guys called try hard over achievers. Kampman was one. Mike Daniels another. But then they tested well as athletes and came in and showed huge upside and eventual packer hof level play.

After the combine i like to find those try hard overachievers who are actually high upside guys but mislabeled. Logan Wilson and Michael Pittman meet that criteria.

Try hard grinders with sneaky high upside. That's the mold that slips and overperforms

RashanGary
03-04-2020, 01:11 PM
The other kind of guy I like is a guy who's called a gamer, who always finds a way to win. Technique work isn't to help him from getting burned, but make him better than he already is. That plus decent athleticism.

Josh Jones is that gamer who can be even better. And showed up just athletic enough to be a high ceiling guy.

Sitton is that kind of guy. Favre was that kind of guy.....

So that's the basis of my Josh Jones OT support.

wist43
03-04-2020, 08:10 PM
The other kind of guy I like is a guy who's called a gamer, who always finds a way to win. Technique work isn't to help him from getting burned, but make him better than he already is. That plus decent athleticism.

Josh Jones is that gamer who can be even better. And showed up just athletic enough to be a high ceiling guy.

Sitton is that kind of guy. Favre was that kind of guy.....

So that's the basis of my Josh Jones OT support.

Jones won't drop to us, neither will Queen.

Mims is my hope at this point. I like Gallimore. Murray might drop. Tee Higgins??

wthigoot
03-05-2020, 01:46 AM
Yet another mock draft for early March:

1 30 Leviska Shenault WR 6-1 227 Colorado
2 62 Lucas Niang OT 6-6 315 TCU
3 94 Jacob Phillips ILB 6-4 229 Utah State
4 130 Noah Igbinoghene CB 5-10 198 Auburn
5 171 Bravvion Roy DT 6-1 333 Baylor
6 188 Steven Montez QB 6-4 231 Colorado
6 210 Terrell Burgess S 6-0 198 Utah
7 246 Gage Cervenka OG 6-3 325 Clemson
7 248 Mitchell Wilcox TE 6-5 245 South Florida
7 250 Ke'Shawn Vaughn RB 5-10 218 Vanderbilt

SudsMcBucky
03-05-2020, 10:12 AM
Just ran another mock. Here it is:

R1: Josh Jones OT
R2: Donovan Peoples Jones WR
R3: Brycen Hopkins TE
R4: David Woodward LB
R5: Khalil Davis DL
R6: Sewo Olonilua RB
R6: Kamren Curl CB
R7: Jared Hilbers OL
R7: Lynn Bowden WR

mraynrand
03-05-2020, 10:13 AM
4 130 Noah Igbinoghene CB 5-10 198 Auburn

No one in GB should have to learn that name

NSFW, not PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcrSVQdb9s8

Deputy Nutz
03-05-2020, 10:23 AM
With free agency coming before the draft, and if the Packers do not sign a priority linebacker will they draft more than one in 2020? If so look for guys that bring different skill sets. I keep throwing around names but if you go with a Brooks on a day two, do you then look for a hybrid type backer later in the draft? Or visa versa? Davis -Gaither is a name that will be thrown around especially if his knee surgery goes well. Or a name I have just recently heard is a a hybrid LB/S from Michigan Kaleke Hudson, a player that filled the same utility as Peppers while at Michigan.

Cheesehead Craig
03-05-2020, 10:27 AM

Given we draft at 30, I would say that picks 4 & 5 will definately go before GB. ;-)

Cheesehead Craig
03-05-2020, 10:36 AM
I've thought for a while that FA should happen before the draft. Figure out what players you were able to get and then draft to supplement where you struck out in FA.

Iron Mike
03-05-2020, 12:55 PM
I'm too old for the kinky stuff ;)

You're never too old for the kinky stuff.....

https://media1.giphy.com/media/h0fNiwIkXDPGg/giphy.gif

run pMc
03-05-2020, 05:04 PM
These mock draft machines crank out some kooky scenarios. LBs went early and upper tier WRs were available. Picked Reagor over Mims in R2, assumed Bulaga, Martinez & Tramon are gone and they get Hooper to sign.

30 Justin Jefferson, WR LSU
62 Jalen Reagor, WR TCU
94 Davon Hamilton, IDL Ohio State
126 Hakeem Adeniji, OT Kansas
157 Justin Strnad, LB Wake Forest
172 Darrynton Evans, RB Appalachian State
189 Scott Frantz, OT Kansas State
201 Davion Taylor, LB Colorado
219 Lavert Hill, CB Michigan

Bretsky
03-05-2020, 05:50 PM
These mock draft machines crank out some kooky scenarios. LBs went early and upper tier WRs were available. Picked Reagor over Mims in R2, assumed Bulaga, Martinez & Tramon are gone and they get Hooper to sign.

30 Justin Jefferson, WR LSU
62 Jalen Reagor, WR TCU
94 Davon Hamilton, IDL Ohio State
126 Hakeem Adeniji, OT Kansas
157 Justin Strnad, LB Wake Forest
172 Darrynton Evans, RB Appalachian State
189 Scott Frantz, OT Kansas State
201 Davion Taylor, LB Colorado
219 Lavert Hill, CB Michigan

This would be a sweet round one and two !!!

wthigoot
03-05-2020, 09:09 PM

NSFW, not PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcrSVQdb9s8

Packers are way below average with unpronounceable last names. Bakhtiari is about the worst.

Packers fans can call him Iggy. Only Joe and Troy have to get it right.

Joemailman
03-06-2020, 08:01 PM

Hey, if the Bucks can have Antetokounmpo,Packers should be able to have Igbinoghene. It's only fair.

mraynrand
03-06-2020, 08:38 PM
Hey, if the Bucks can have Antetokounmpo,Packers should be able to have Igbinoghene. It's only fair.

Remember when the Bucks had Randy Breuer and the Brewers had Rob Deer? Simpler times.

pbmax
03-06-2020, 09:03 PM
Remember when the Bucks had Randy Breuer and the Brewers had Rob Deer? Simpler times.

Packer/Brew still have Aaron Jones and Wes Matthews.

Bretsky
03-07-2020, 07:11 PM
Latest Athletic Mock Draft has the Green Bay Packers taking Zach Baun. That kinda confused me

Joemailman
03-07-2020, 08:18 PM
Latest Athletic Mock Draft has the Green Bay Packers taking Zach Baun. That kinda confused me

Some think Baun has the versatility to play both inside and outside.

Bretsky
03-07-2020, 10:58 PM
Some think Baun has the versatility to play both inside and outside.

That might work.

A first round Edge who can rush the passer and produce (haven't seen that in a long long time) and a guy to fill at ILB.

I'm not that confident in him as a ILB , but if he gives us that he's a three down LB and can hide Gary's deficiencies and play the ILB as well

wist43
03-08-2020, 06:55 PM
That might work.

A first round Edge who can rush the passer and produce (haven't seen that in a long long time) and a guy to fill at ILB.

I'm not that confident in him as a ILB , but if he gives us that he's a three down LB and can hide Gary's deficiencies and play the ILB as well

I still have some hope for Gary... seems to be working hard in the offseason.

I think Baun is okay... little undersized and not special at anything.

My hope at 30 is still Mims, but I'm starting to see him mocked further and further up the board... in the 20-25 range.

Gallimore seems to be dropping for some reason, and I might be okay with Kmet if we can't sign Henry in FA.

Wouldn't be crazy about Kmet at 30 though.