PDA

View Full Version : Never too early 2020 NFL Draft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Bretsky
03-08-2020, 06:58 PM
I still have some hope for Gary... seems to be working hard in the offseason.

I think Baun is okay... little undersized and not special at anything.

My hope at 30 is still Mims, but I'm starting to see him mocked further and further up the board... in the 20-25 range.

Gallimore seems to be dropping for some reason, and I might be okay with Kmet if we can't sign Henry in FA.

Wouldn't be crazy about Kmet at 30 though.

One worry about Gary at Michigan was he was trying to do a lot of self promoting/building a brand for himself; so I'm not sure any of this posting of his workouts is a good or bad thing. I just want some elite production out of the #12 pick like some who were drafted behind him have already showed.

Bretsky
03-08-2020, 06:59 PM
I still have some hope for Gary... seems to be working hard in the offseason.

I think Baun is okay... little undersized and not special at anything.

My hope at 30 is still Mims, but I'm starting to see him mocked further and further up the board... in the 20-25 range.

Gallimore seems to be dropping for some reason, and I might be okay with Kmet if we can't sign Henry in FA.

Wouldn't be crazy about Kmet at 30 though.

I don't see many mocks with Mims getting picked ahead of us. I'm seeing a lot of top of round two.

wist43
03-08-2020, 07:41 PM
I don't see many mocks with Mims getting picked ahead of us. I'm seeing a lot of top of round two.

Mims is going in the first... just hoping it's at 30 :)

Bretsky
03-08-2020, 07:56 PM
Mims is going in the first... just hoping it's at 30 :)

IF one of the top two ILB are there I'd grab them.

I'm not sure if I'd take a OT or Mims. But most mocks have Jones going before we pick

wist43
03-08-2020, 08:12 PM
IF one of the top two ILB are there I'd grab them.

I'm not sure if I'd take a OT or Mims. But most mocks have Jones going before we pick

I think Jones and Queen will be gone for sure. Have to look at Murray some more.

I'm trying to find some other options to Mims, although I think Mims is as good as any WR in this draft.

Some people have Blacklock heading to us, I like Gallimore, Ezra Cleveland is getting some buzz, same thing for Kmet.

Not sold on any of those guys other than Mims. If he's there at 30, I'd run the card up there and not look back. Really like him.

Bretsky
03-08-2020, 08:25 PM
I think Jones and Queen will be gone for sure. Have to look at Murray some more.

I'm trying to find some other options to Mims, although I think Mims is as good as any WR in this draft.

Some people have Blacklock heading to us, I like Gallimore, Ezra Cleveland is getting some buzz, same thing for Kmet.

Not sold on any of those guys other than Mims. If he's there at 30, I'd run the card up there and not look back. Really like him.

I'd love any of the top 3 but they are good as gone. It think there is going to be a run of WR's ahead of us. I'd really like to have Mims or Jefferson or Shenault at 30 as far as the WR's go

call_me_ishmael
03-08-2020, 08:32 PM
I am hoping an OT or DL falls to us. You can get Greg Jennings in the second round here. Like C is for cookie, That’s good enough for me

Bretsky
03-08-2020, 08:58 PM
I am hoping an OT or DL falls to us. You can get Greg Jennings in the second round here. Like C is for cookie, That’s good enough for me

I"m not sure you can get Greg Jennings at the "end" of the 2nd. I think they might be pretty picked through by pick 60

texaspackerbacker
03-08-2020, 09:10 PM
Mark down this rare event: I agree with CMI. The WR group is so deep in this draft that we can get what we need in the second, maybe even third round. I'd much rather get a top D Lineman in the first round. The need is not as bad for an O Lineman, and history of drafting first round O Lineman, Packers and teams in general, is not a very good thing.

Bretsky
03-08-2020, 09:46 PM
Mark down this rare event: I agree with CMI. The WR group is so deep in this draft that we can get what we need in the second, maybe even third round. I'd much rather get a top D Lineman in the first round. The need is not as bad for an O Lineman, and history of drafting first round O Lineman, Packers and teams in general, is not a very good thing.

Actually I think GB's history of drafting OL in round one is pretty good. But I don't think there are too many. I'm going to test my long long term memory here and you can tell me who I misssed

Brian Bulaga
Ken Ruttgers
John Michaels
Ross Verba

I think those were all OK; but I can't think of any others except

Tony Mandarich, which was an epic horrid bust considering Barry Sanders, Derrick Thomas, and Deon Sandgers were the next three best players

wist43
03-08-2020, 09:55 PM
I"m not sure you can get Greg Jennings at the "end" of the 2nd. I think they might be pretty picked through by pick 60

Jalen Reagor is a pretty good comp to Jennings.

If I knew he'd be as good as Jennings. I'd say spend the 30th pick on him, but that's a big dart throw.

And he won't be there at 60... that's the catch 22. A lot of these guys are tailor made 2nd rounders, but they'll all be gone by our 2nd pick.

wist43
03-08-2020, 09:56 PM
Actually I think GB's history of drafting OL in round one is pretty good. But I don't think there are too many. I'm going to test my long long term memory here and you can tell me who I misssed

Brian Bulaga
Ken Ruttgers
John Michaels
Ross Verba

I think those were all OK; but I can't think of any others except

Tony Mandarich, which was an epic horrid bust considering Barry Sanders, Derrick Thomas, and Deon Sandgers were the next three best players

Ron Hallstrom 😁

mraynrand
03-08-2020, 10:08 PM
John Michaels...I think those were all OK

uh....no.

run pMc
03-09-2020, 08:35 AM
Ron Hallstrom ��

Y'all forgot Derek Sherrod.
Agree with Rand... Michels was not a long term solution to LT.

I'd be surprised if they didn't spend a pick on OT in the first two days... I'll leave it at that. Too many variables predicting when your pick is at 30 to say who they'll draft.

RashanGary
03-09-2020, 12:54 PM
Sherrod was a bust

pbmax
03-09-2020, 01:18 PM
Sherrod was a bust

Ye of little faith.

texaspackerbacker
03-09-2020, 01:47 PM
Even the four cited as successes were far from superstars and IMO way less than you'd expect from a first round pick (with the possible exception of Ruettgers). And it ain't just the Packers that have had very limited at best success drafting O Linemen in the first round.

I want a D Lineman with our first pick - there are so many quality WRs that it ain't necessary to use our top pick there.

Raekwon Davis in the first, Devin Duvernay in the second, maybe an O Lineman in the third.

pbmax
03-11-2020, 08:34 AM
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Sleeper tight end alert: Southern Illinois TE Nigel Kilby worked out at Northwestern pro day today in front of at least 25 teams.

Here are his numbers:

Height 6’7 1/2
Weight 254
83 wingspan
Hand size 10 4/8
40 yd dash 4.66
Broad 10’6

Deputy Nutz
03-11-2020, 09:03 AM
Sleeper tight end alert: Southern Illinois TE Nigel Kilby worked out at Northwestern pro day today in front of at least 25 teams.

Here are his numbers:

Height 6’7 1/2
Weight 254
83 wingspan
Hand size 10 4/8
40 yd dash 4.66
Broad 10’6

Those are better numbers than a lot of the top Tight Ends in this draft

Zool
03-11-2020, 10:30 AM
Hand size 10 4/8

Got ourselves a math major here.

mraynrand
03-11-2020, 01:54 PM
Got ourselves a math major here.

reduce your own fractions, you lazy sob.

smuggler
03-11-2020, 02:27 PM
We still putting mocks in this thread? Did one today out of boredom. James Morgan was picked immediately after the last Packers selection. I could see the argument for taking him instead of Divinity.

30: R1P30
LB PATRICK QUEEN, LSU

62: R2P30
WR JALEN REAGOR, TCU

94: R3P30
C TYLER BIADASZ, WISCONSIN

136: R4P30
RB CAM AKERS, FSU

175: R5P29
DL RAEQUAN WILLIAMS, MICHIGAN STATE

192: R6P13
OT ALEX TAYLOR, SOUTH CAROLINA STATE

208: R6P29
G BEN BARTCH, ST. JOHN'S

209: R6P30
WR BRYAN EDWARDS, SOUTH CAROLINA

224: R7P10
DL CHAUNCEY RIVERS, MISS. STATE

242: R7P28
LB MICHAEL DIVINITY, LSU

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock-nfl-mock-draft-simulator/draft.php?d=cllkub

RashanGary
03-11-2020, 03:36 PM
Cephus ran a 4.56 at his proday. Even if he's 4.66, he's the first Anquon Bolden / Hines Ward throwback in a while. Whoever gets him in the 3rd round is probably gonna be celebrating that pick for a long time.

run pMc
03-11-2020, 04:14 PM
Cephus ran a 4.56 at his proday. Even if he's 4.66, he's the first Anquon Bolden / Hines Ward throwback in a while. Whoever gets him in the 3rd round is probably gonna be celebrating that pick for a long time.

A 4.56 is a big improvement...but the spectre of the 4.7 combine time is going to worry some teams. I'd bet teams will look at the tape to see where his game speed is. I don't think anybody was going to consider him a burner anyway.
I noticed Orr ran a 4.65 and jumped 36.5" in the vert -- those are good numbers for an ILB. (His 9-2 broad jump is a little low, but still...I could see him sticking on a team as a ST demon/depth player.)

Bretsky
03-11-2020, 10:02 PM

Like TJ Watt, the GB brass has had the opportunity to watch him excel and witness his game day speed and acceleration once the ball is in the air. They also have the means to research what happened in Madtown and see the injustice and they would know he was on of the most popular and likeable Badgers among the players and press.

GB should catch the ball this time

Joemailman
03-11-2020, 10:18 PM
A 4.56 is a big improvement...but the spectre of the 4.7 combine time is going to worry some teams. I'd bet teams will look at the tape to see where his game speed is. I don't think anybody was going to consider him a burner anyway.
I noticed Orr ran a 4.65 and jumped 36.5" in the vert -- those are good numbers for an ILB. (His 9-2 broad jump is a little low, but still...I could see him sticking on a team as a ST demon/depth player.)

I think the 4.56 mostly erases the 4.7. The 4.56 is likely more in line with what people have seen from his tape. he was never seen as a burner, but I don't think he was expected to be the slowest WR in the 40 either. The 4.56 makes the 4.7 look like a fluke.

Deputy Nutz
03-12-2020, 07:40 AM
The 4.73 was bad. It was an outlier. His game was never based around speed, but a 4.73 really surprised a lot of people, I think scouts really wanted him to run better at his pro day as a 4.56 makes more sense for Cephus than a 4.73

Orr is fire plug. He is a work out warrior to maximize his talent which is a good thing. His biggest knock is that he is under 5'11". He is a hit or miss tackler, He has instincts and is at his best when he is moving down hill. Which is a theme with mid to late tier linebackers.

mraynrand
03-12-2020, 07:58 AM
Cephus ran a 4.56 at his proday.

Thank god. I will be able to sleep through the night again.

texaspackerbacker
03-12-2020, 08:10 AM
I'd like to see the Packers get Cephus, but not with an early round pick. If he's still there as a late bargain, then yeah, and the WR group is so deep this year that just might happen. We have a need for speed with our 2nd round pick and a need for D Line help with our 1st round pick.

Zool
03-12-2020, 08:16 AM
reduce your own fractions, you lazy sob.

You're not the boss of me.

mraynrand
03-12-2020, 09:25 AM
You're not the boss of me.

:)

I see a detention in your future.

jklowan
03-15-2020, 08:15 AM
thinking this would be a decent draft...

R1P30 - WR DENZEL MIMS
R2P30 - OT ISAIAH WILSON
R3P30 - DL DAVON HAMILTON
R4P30 - LB AKEEM DAVIS-GAITHER
R5P29- RB AJ DILLON
R6P13 - WR JAMIE PROCHE
R6P29 - OT HAKEEM ADENIJI
R6P30 - TE STEPHEN SULLIVAN
R7P22 - G JON RUNYAN
R7P28- DL MCTELVIN AGIM

smuggler
03-17-2020, 03:49 PM
So, we have a RT signed and now have an ILB with actual professional skills. So, how do our draft needs shake out? What is the sequence?

WR: We need an injection of talent at wide receiver. This is definitely the draft class to make that happen.

EDGE: We need depth at edge rusher. It's not terrible, with Gary, but it's probably the 2nd most important position in the game. Need a 4th horseman.

OLINE: We need depth on the offensive line, specifically a swing tackle. Alex Light and Jason Spriggs are not going to cut it.

DLINE: Clark is awesome. Lowry is solid. The rest of the squad is a little lackluster. We could use a talented player to help against the run (and maybe save our edge rushing rotation from having to generate as much pressure inside, keep them fresh).

ILB: We need another capable body at ILB. Burks is not the answer, and I'm sure the team wants to actually be able to run nickel. Especially after the SF playoff game.

QB: It's about time we added a protege to groom for when Rodgers hangs 'em up.

RB: Not a need, but both our backs will be free agents after 2020. Would be nice to have a guy ready to step in if needed. Dexter might not be that guy.

pbmax
03-17-2020, 04:31 PM
:)

I see a detention in your future.

Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?

run pMc
03-17-2020, 04:43 PM
So, we have a RT signed and now have an ILB with actual professional skills. So, how do our draft needs shake out? What is the sequence?

WR: We need an injection of talent at wide receiver. This is definitely the draft class to make that happen.

EDGE: We need depth at edge rusher. It's not terrible, with Gary, but it's probably the 2nd most important position in the game. Need a 4th horseman.

OLINE: We need depth on the offensive line, specifically a swing tackle. Alex Light and Jason Spriggs are not going to cut it.

DLINE: Clark is awesome. Lowry is solid. The rest of the squad is a little lackluster. We could use a talented player to help against the run (and maybe save our edge rushing rotation from having to generate as much pressure inside, keep them fresh).

ILB: We need another capable body at ILB. Burks is not the answer, and I'm sure the team wants to actually be able to run nickel. Especially after the SF playoff game.

RB: Not a need, but both our backs will be free agents after 2020. Would be nice to have a guy ready to step in if needed. Dexter might not be that guy.

You forgot TE: they don't have a lot here, and
CB: what to do about Tramon/3rd (or slot) corner? Assume 2 of Sullivan, Hollman and Jackson step up? Expecting King to stay healthy is a lot.

texaspackerbacker
03-17-2020, 10:32 PM

I agree with some of that but not all.

WR: We need a guy with elite speed, and we could use a decent 4th or 5th round guy to be our 4th or 5th WR.

Edge Rusher: We probably could use another rotation guy/the 4th OLB. As I recall, Ramsey looked pretty good last preseason.

O Line: It's not as bad as you picture it. Back up O Linemen are pretty much interchangeable, and we have Lucas Patrick, Lane Taylor (for now), Veldheer who did all right in his brief time last year, this huge guy Nijman who some think has a chance to be good, plus the two you mentioned.

D Line: Yes, Clark is awesome, but Lowry solid? I'd say no way to that. I'd give M. Adams more chance than him, and he's showed very little. D Line is still the top choice IMO for our first round pick.

ILB: I really thought they'd keep Martinez, but they must have some confidence in Kirksey. Aside from that, first of all, the Packers don't often use two ILBs on the field at a time. Secondly, Summers and Bolton both weren't that bad last preseason, and Burks athletically has all the tools. I wouldn't give up on him. They ought to be able to coach him up, and in the meantime, he's damn good on special teams. I wouldn't use a first or second day draft pick on ILB.

QB: Boyle is plenty good for what we need a back up to be; Manny Wilkins at least has possibilities as a 3rd stringer. No future Rodgers replacement is needed for at least a couple more years.

RB: pretty much what you said

You didn't mention TE. I have high hopes Tonyan will be better, and a lot of people have confidence in Sternberger. That plus bringing Lewis back plus the possibility of this guy Looney amounting to something makes this adequate, but a mid round bargain draft pick wouldn't be a bad idea.

I still wouldn't rule out a high round pick for another Corner, as I wasn't at all confident in King's ability to cover, and even Alexander took a step backward last season.

smuggler
03-18-2020, 08:17 AM
Veldheer is a free agent.

The Packers frequently played heavy dime instead of nickel last year (one ILB, three S) and I don't think they wanted to do it. I think they were forced into it by personnel.

You're probably right WRT the TE position. We'll see if they resign Marc Lewis.

run pMc
03-18-2020, 11:57 AM

O Line: It's not as bad as you picture it.
I think OL is something they will address no later than 4th round. Wagner is not a long term solution, and he's not as good as Bulaga. It's considered a good class for OT, and with Wagner they can nab one without having to prematurely start them and get Rodgers killed. Bahktiari is a free agent after this season too.

Light, Njiman, et al. might make a jump but I'm not counting on it. I think it happens more often with UFDAs at C/G vs. OT.

RashanGary
03-18-2020, 07:04 PM
I could easily still see an OT with the first pick. Bahk is a FA and getting older. If you end up with a stud LT, that saves a shit load of money and insures we can keep players at other important spots. Like Aaron Jones, the first really reliable and play making back of the Rodgers era. That's a piece we don't want to do without.

And 6M dollar plug and play RTs aren't that hard to find

wist43
03-18-2020, 08:57 PM
1 (30) Mims, Blacklock, Aiyuk

2 (60) Peoples-Jones, Reagor, Kmet

3 (90) Bradlee Anae

4) Anae, Gandy-Golden, Logan Wilson

These are all guys I've looked at and liked... not sure where they'll be slotted yet, and there has been some wild deviation in the mocks.

Will reference this post as we go along, add to it, and moves guys around.

1st round though I'm hoping for Mims or Blacklock regardless of who else is there.

texaspackerbacker
03-19-2020, 02:03 AM
Blacklock is only 21 and seems like a good chance to be another Kenny Clark. I also agree with RG's logic in getting a stud LT a year before we let Bakhtiari walk. My only negative thought about that is that the Packers as well as other teams have had a lot more misses than hits when drafting first round O Linemen.

I like Mims, and clearly we need a speedy WR like him, but I think somebody really good will fall to us in the second or even third round - Reagor or Duvernay being my prime choices.

I still wouldn't rule out taking a Corner fairly early also - 3rd, maybe even 2nd round, as I just don't think Kevin King is an adequate starting Corner.

Deputy Nutz
03-19-2020, 02:48 PM
I like the Texas Christian guys in Reagor and Blacklock. Reagor or Mims could be first round guys along with Blacklock, but I don't think any of them will be there at 60.

The Packers have some multiple late round draft picks that they could use to move up in rounds. I think if the Packers still feel strongly about inside linebacker even though they never do, they could trade up 4 or 5 picks in the first round to secure Queen. I wouldn't trade up to get Murray.

Regardless they still need to draft dudes to solidify the middle of the defense which has been really weak for several years now, and they need some route runners at wide receiver and tight end.

I said my peace about Peoples-Jones, Gute should love him because he is one of the top athletes in his position group but has zero production.

wist43
03-19-2020, 08:21 PM

3 (90) Bradlee Anae

These are all guys I've looked at and liked... not sure where they'll be slotted yet, and there has been some wild deviation in the mocks.

1st round though I'm hoping for Mims or Blacklock regardless of who else is there.

1(30) Mims, Blacklock, Aiyuk, Reagor

3 (90) Bradlee Anae, add Willie Gay Jr., Logan Wilson

Bretsky
03-19-2020, 08:28 PM
I like the Texas Christian guys in Reagor and Blacklock. Reagor or Mims could be first round guys along with Blacklock, but I don't think any of them will be there at 60.

The Packers have some multiple late round draft picks that they could use to move up in rounds. I think if the Packers still feel strongly about inside linebacker even though they never do, they could trade up 4 or 5 picks in the first round to secure Queen. I wouldn't trade up to get Murray.

Regardless they still need to draft dudes to solidify the middle of the defense which has been really weak for several years now, and they need some route runners at wide receiver and tight end.

I said my peace about Peoples-Jones, Gute should love him because he is one of the top athletes in his position group but has zero production.

I don't know much about him, but didn't we fall for that last year with pick 12 ?

Great Athlete; zero production...the fifth and sixth rounds are for those guys.

Draft tape, draft production, draft the player. Don't fall in love with the numbers

Deputy Nutz
03-19-2020, 10:30 PM
I was sort of referring to the 12th pick last year

smuggler
03-19-2020, 11:00 PM
Not a fan of the hyphenated crowd. Almost as bad as the Jr./Sr. crowd.

The Shadow
03-20-2020, 10:04 AM
The scouting report on Oklahoma DT Neville Gallimore sounds intriguing. Thoughts?

run pMc
03-20-2020, 12:36 PM
The scouting report on Oklahoma DT Neville Gallimore sounds intriguing. Thoughts?

Most scouts really like him. Disruptive etc. Thought I read somewhere he might not be a great fit for Pettine's scheme

And 6M dollar plug and play RTs aren't that hard to find
Somewhat disagree. If you're FA shopping for a good starting RT you're paying Bulaga/Conklin money.
I tend to think of plug-and-play as you put that guy in without any worries...to me, Wagner is a step down from Bulaga performance-wise but not health-wise. I see Wagner as more of a quality stopgap. If Gute is smart - and I think he is - he'll draft his future starting tackle in a few weeks.

FA is definitely an exciting time, but the thing is more often than not teams are overpaying for mediocre players, and breaking the bank for the really good ones.

wist43
03-20-2020, 04:00 PM

I like Gallimore, but he has some shortcomings.

Based on his highlight tape I thought he looked like 1st rounder, but when you watch his regular game tape his inability to change direction becomes apparent.

He's lightning quick off the snap, and very fast for a DT, but seems to lack overall athleticism and bend. I took him out of 1st round consideration.

I like Blacklock a lot better... would be happy with him at 30.

Fritz
03-20-2020, 05:13 PM

3 (90) Bradlee Anae

Of all the wide receivers that could be had, Wist, why would you want Peoples-Jones? He wasn't even the best WR on the Michigan team.

Ugh. Another all show, no go.

wist43
03-20-2020, 05:47 PM
Of all the wide receivers that could be had, Wist, why would you want Peoples-Jones? He wasn't even the best WR on the Michigan team.

Ugh. Another all show, no go.

I have to watch him some more, but I think the talent is there.

His QB was horrific, and you can see on tape that he's not a good route runner... it will depend on whether a team thinks he's a good kid and be coached through it.

Not sure where his value is at right now, but I see his upside.

Deputy Nutz
03-21-2020, 12:03 AM
DPJ is the offensive version of Rashan Gary. Seems to have all the right tools, Film is actually pretty good when you look at it, you just don't see the great production. People-Jones has really spectacular hands, he had to if he wanted to catch any passes at Michigan because he was very seldom ever hit in stride. His first 5 yards are really good because it doesn't take long for him to get up to speed. He attacks the press with speed and physicality. He also navigates zones pretty well. Watch the Ohio St game, he was actually open quite a bit but the line play and QB play made it nearly impossible for him to get the ball.

Fritz
03-23-2020, 12:53 PM
I'm not saying he's a bust, but I think he didn't produce like they pimped him to.

SudsMcBucky
03-23-2020, 01:39 PM
I have to watch him some more, but I think the talent is there.

His QB was horrific, and you can see on tape that he's not a good route runner... it will depend on whether a team thinks he's a good kid and be coached through it.

Not sure where his value is at right now, but I see his upside.

I think I heard the same thing about another recent high Michigan draft pick somewhere. I can't remember specifically who, though.

Bretsky
03-23-2020, 06:49 PM
I think I heard the same thing about another recent high Michigan draft pick somewhere. I can't remember specifically who, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSReSGe200A

pbmax
03-24-2020, 07:46 AM
Eli Berkovits@BookOfEli_NFL

Per @RobDemovsky, the #Packers have "expressed an interest" in Baylor WR, Denzel Mims.

He's also heard from multiple sources that the Packers "like him a lot."

How would you feel if the Packers took Mims at 30th overall?

#GoPackGo #NFLDraft

DEMOVSKY DIDN'T EVEN TWEET THIS HIMSELF, SO I THINK THIS IS LESS NEW THAN THE BLINDINGLY OBVIOUS FACT OF THE PACKERS CHECKING OUT POSSIBLE FIRST ROUND TALENT AT WR

run pMc
03-24-2020, 03:08 PM
It's not news that they've looked into Mims. IMO it would be news if they didn't...I think he's a top 50 talent and he'd be a reasonable pick at 30.
I think Gute will pick a big trench guy (DL or OL) unless there's only reaches left at that point they look to WR for Round 1. (Also assumes the best ILBs are gone or they value other positions more.) There's enough depth where they can wait until R2 to still get a good WR.

Deputy Nutz
03-24-2020, 06:01 PM
Right now Mims, Jefferson, and Reagor would all be relative even value at 30. Jefferson and Mims are pretty high risers right now.

wist43
03-24-2020, 06:51 PM
I suspect both Mims and Jefferson will be gone by 30.

If that's the case my guy would be Blacklock at this point. I want Mims, but prefer Blacklock over Jefferson.

Joemailman
03-24-2020, 07:39 PM
I suspect both Mims and Jefferson will be gone by 30.

If that's the case my guy would be Blacklock at this point. I want Mims, but prefer Blacklock over Jefferson.

Wist, you like Justin Madabuike at all? I ask because I don't know if Blacklock will be available.

wist43
03-24-2020, 08:38 PM
Wist, you like Justin Madabuike at all? I ask because I don't know if Blacklock will be available.

I'm still looking at him along with the other DT's in that range... I don't have him rated anywhere near Blacklock though.

I've got him in the 3rd-4th rd range right now, but like I said I have to look at him some more.

GB-Brandon
03-24-2020, 09:30 PM
I stand by

1st Round, Jalen Reagor

2nd Round, Jordyn Brooks

These picks just make perfect sense.

wist43
03-25-2020, 07:43 PM

2 (60) Peoples-Jones, Reagor, Kmet, Elliott

3 (90) Bradlee Anae, Willie Gay Jr., Logan Wilson

Adding Elliott into that 2nd round mix... his 2019 tape is 1st round, but the knock on him is motor and lackadaisical play before that. Have to look at him some more, but I liked a lot of his tape from last year.

wist43
03-25-2020, 09:33 PM

2 (60) Peoples-Jones, Reagor, Kmet, Elliott

3 (90) Bradlee Anae, add Willie Gay Jr., Logan Wilson, John Hightower

4) Anae, Gandy-Golden, Logan Wilson, Quez Watkins

SudsMcBucky
03-26-2020, 08:13 AM
Just ran an updated Draft simulation.

(30) Denzel Mims (WR)
(62) Adam Trautman (TE)
(94) Clyde Edwards-Helaire (RB)
(136) Essang Bassey (CB)
(175) Khalil Davis (DL)
(192) Mohamed Barry (LB)
(208) Alex Taylor (OT)
(209) Evin Ksiezarczyk (OL)
(236) AJ Green (CB)
(242) Trevon Hill (Edge)

jklowan
03-26-2020, 02:51 PM
I keep running mocks as well

this seemed like a nice pull as well

R1-P30 OT ANDREW THOMAS - GEORGIA
R2-P30 WR DONOVAN PEOPLES-JONES - MICHIGAN
R3-P30 DL DAVON HAMILTON - OHIO ST.
R4-P30 LB LOGAN WILSON - WYOMING
R5-P29 CB A.J. GREEN - OKLAHOMA ST.
R6-P13 WR QUINTEZ CEPHUS - WISCONSIN
R6-P29 QB JAMES MORGAN - FIU
R6-P30 DL MCTELVIN AGIM - ARKANSAS
R7-P22 OT JON RUNYAN - MICHIGAN
R7-P28 TE JOSIAH DEGUARA - CINCINNATI

Bretsky
03-26-2020, 07:17 PM
I stand by

1st Round, Jalen Reagor

2nd Round, Jordyn Brooks

These picks just make perfect sense.

Agree; and add Ceephus at end of round 4 or 5

Bretsky
03-26-2020, 07:18 PM
Adding Elliott into that 2nd round mix... his 2019 tape is 1st round, but the knock on him is motor and lackadaisical play before that. Have to look at him some more, but I liked a lot of his tape from last year.

Raegar is a pipe dream at 60; I don't want a Rashan Gary WR

Bretsky
03-26-2020, 07:19 PM
Just ran an updated Draft simulation.

(30) Denzel Mims (WR)
(62) Adam Trautman (TE)
(94) Clyde Edwards-Helaire (RB)
(136) Essang Bassey (CB)
(175) Khalil Davis (DL)
(192) Mohamed Barry (LB)
(208) Alex Taylor (OT)
(209) Evin Ksiezarczyk (OL)
(236) AJ Green (CB)
(242) Trevon Hill (Edge)

Looks ok

Bretsky
03-26-2020, 07:19 PM
I keep running mocks as well

this seemed like a nice pull as well

R1-P30 OT ANDREW THOMAS - GEORGIA
R2-P30 WR DONOVAN PEOPLES-JONES - MICHIGAN
R3-P30 DL DAVON HAMILTON - OHIO ST.
R4-P30 LB LOGAN WILSON - WYOMING
R5-P29 CB A.J. GREEN - OKLAHOMA ST.
R6-P13 WR QUINTEZ CEPHUS - WISCONSIN
R6-P29 QB JAMES MORGAN - FIU
R6-P30 DL MCTELVIN AGIM - ARKANSAS
R7-P22 OT JON RUNYAN - MICHIGAN
R7-P28 TE JOSIAH DEGUARA - CINCINNATI

I'd pass on that round two pick

Bretsky
03-26-2020, 07:57 PM
JUST TRIED MY FIRST ONE

My Selections
Round: 1 Packers Denzel MimsWR | Baylor
Round: 2 Packers Chase ClaypoolWR | Notre Dame
Round: 3 Packers Jordyn BrooksLB | Texas Tech
Round: 4 Packers Trey AdamsOT | Washington
Round: 5 Packers McTelvin Agim DL | Arkansas
Round: 6 Packers Benito Jones DL | Mississippi
Round: 6 Packers Oluwole Betiku Jr.EDGE | Illinois
Round: 6 Packers Michael Divinity Jr.LB | LSU
Round: 7 Packers James RobinsonRB | Illinois State
Round: 7 Packers David WoodwardLB | Utah State

GOTTA ADMIT;;;;THIS IS FUN.....GOING TO TRY AGAIN. Mims Round 1 and CLaypool in round 2......HAD TO DO IT.............lol

Bretsky
03-26-2020, 08:40 PM
MY SECOND TRY..............and.............THE OFFENSE IS FIXED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Round: 1 Packers Justin JeffersonWR | LSU
Round: 2 Packers Cole KmetTE | Notre Dame
Round: 3 Packers Isaiah WilsonOT | Georgia
Round: 4 Packers Jordyn BrooksLB | Texas Tech
Round: 5 Packers Cam AkersRB | Florida State
Round: 6 Packers Joe BachieLB | Michigan State
Round: 6 Packers Quez WatkinsWR | Florida International
Round: 6 Packers Levonta TaylorCB | Florida State
Round: 7 Packers Josh MetellusS | Michigan
Round: 7 Packers Kendall ColemanEDGE | Syracuse

MY FAVE SO FAR; IF the simulator is irght all of the top WR's are coming off the board by about pick 45

I would LOVE to get the ND Tight End in round two.

Bretsky
03-26-2020, 09:24 PM
THIS IS MY HOMER WISH LIST DRAFT

Round: 1 Packers Jalen Reagor WR| TCU
Round: 2 Packers Malik Harrison LB | Ohio State
Round: 3 Packers Cole Kme TE Notre Dame
Round: 4 Packers Quintez Cephus WR | Wisconsin
Round: 5 Packers Raequan Williams DL | Michigan State
Round: 6 Packers Nevelle Clarke CB | UCF
Round: 6 Packers Colton McKivitz OT | West Virginia
Round: 6 Packers Darius Anderson RB TCU
Round: 7 Packers David Woodward LB Utah State
Round: 7 Packers Jared Mayden S Alabama

smuggler
03-26-2020, 09:47 PM
The draft in which I abuse the trade coding to have the fun:

Round 2 Pick 21 (PHI): Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor (A)
Round 2 Pick 30: Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 2 Pick 31 (K.C.): Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn (A)
Round 3 Pick 32 (K.C.): Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri (A+)
Round 3 Pick 39 (PHI): Jordyn Brooks, ILB, Texas Tech (A+)
Round 3 Pick 40 (LAR): Larrell Murchison, DT, NC State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 42 (BALT): AJ Dillon, RB, Boston College (A+)
Round 4 Pick 22 (BUF): Cam Akers, RB, Florida State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 30: Lynn Bowden, WR, Kentucky (A+)
Round 6 Pick 29: Bryce Perkins, QB, Virginia (A+)
Round 7 Pick 22: Benito Jones, DT, Mississippi (A+)

Bretsky
03-26-2020, 09:53 PM
The draft in which I abuse the trade coding to have the fun:

Round 2 Pick 21 (PHI): Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor (A)
Round 2 Pick 30: Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 2 Pick 31 (K.C.): Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn (A)
Round 3 Pick 32 (K.C.): Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri (A+)
Round 3 Pick 39 (PHI): Jordyn Brooks, ILB, Texas Tech (A+)
Round 3 Pick 40 (LAR): Larrell Murchison, DT, NC State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 42 (BALT): AJ Dillon, RB, Boston College (A+)
Round 4 Pick 22 (BUF): Cam Akers, RB, Florida State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 30: Lynn Bowden, WR, Kentucky (A+)
Round 6 Pick 29: Bryce Perkins, QB, Virginia (A+)
Round 7 Pick 22: Benito Jones, DT, Mississippi (A+)

LOOKS AMAZING............IF...........you'd just displace that late 4th round pick for Ceephus :))))))))))))))

smuggler
03-26-2020, 10:06 PM
I was going to take him at the spot I took Bowden, but he was taken at 4-26

Bretsky
03-26-2020, 10:11 PM
I was going to take him at the spot I took Bowden, but he was taken at 4-26

He keep going in nearly every draft before our round 4 pick

One clear thing; ALL of the WR's I love are gone by pick 45.

I Want Mims, Jefferson, or Raegor in round one

smuggler
03-26-2020, 11:44 PM
That's most likely going to be true. I had Mims and Aiyuk in the 2nd round after trading back. I don't think Reagor will be available into the second round, but I could see Mims being there in the early to mid 2nd. Not at the position at which we pick, though.

Have a sneaking suspicion that the Eagles are going to draft Raegor in the first round.

jklowan
03-27-2020, 08:28 AM
I'd pass on that round two pick

yeah unfortunately all of the other higher tier receivers were gone by our pick, this seemed like the best option, maybe a bit of a reach for need here. I would take the risk and wish I could have gotten AJ Dillon in shomehow, be he seems to go around the 4th lately in most of these mocks. Maybe we trade our 1st and pick up another 2nd and 4th and can get him in. Time will tell.

Bretsky
03-27-2020, 10:02 AM
That's most likely going to be true. I had Mims and Aiyuk in the 2nd round after trading back. I don't think Reagor will be available into the second round, but I could see Mims being there in the early to mid 2nd. Not at the position at which we pick, though.

Have a sneaking suspicion that the Eagles are going to draft Raegor in the first round.

I think the Vikings are drafting a WR in round one too; Mims woujld not suprise me.

The guy I'm not embracing is the Clemson WR. Anybody love Higgins ??????/

cheesner
03-27-2020, 12:36 PM
I think the Vikings are drafting a WR in round one too; Mims woujld not suprise me.

The guy I'm not embracing is the Clemson WR. Anybody love Higgins ??????/
Vikings also need DB help. I think they will grab a CB in round 1 knowing they can still get a good WR in round 2 or 3.

run pMc
03-27-2020, 02:58 PM
Vikings also need DB help. I think they will grab a CB in round 1 knowing they can still get a good WR in round 2 or 3.

Vikings have 2 R1 picks with the Diggs trade. One of them will be a DB.
They lost Rhodes, Waynes, and Alexander (their top 3 CBs) and Zimmer loves him CBs so he'll be pushing Spielman to draft a bunch early.

Bretsky
03-27-2020, 07:41 PM
Round 1 Denzel Mims WR | Baylor
Round: 2Raekwon Davis DL | Alabama
Round: 3 Cole Kmet TE | Notre Dame
Round: 4 Jordyn Brooks LB | Texas Tech
Round: 5 Jon Runyan OT | Michigan LogoMichigan
Round: 6 Nevelle Clarke CB | UCF
Round: 6 Darius Anderson RB | TCU
Round: 6 Brandon Jones S | Texas
Round: 7 Quez Watkins WR | Florida International l
Round: 7 Francis Bernard LB | Utah

Bretsky
03-27-2020, 07:42 PM
Vikings have 2 R1 picks with the Diggs trade. One of them will be a DB.
They lost Rhodes, Waynes, and Alexander (their top 3 CBs) and Zimmer loves him CBs so he'll be pushing Spielman to draft a bunch early.

Really think they will go with a CB and a WR to replace Diggs as well

Bretsky
03-28-2020, 08:30 PM
WOULD YOU TAKE THIS ?????????????????

Round 1 Patrick Queen LB | LSU
Round: 2 Brandon Aiyuk WR | Arizona State
Round: 4 Jack Driscoll OT | Auburn
Round: 5 Benito Jones DL | Mississippi
Round: 6 John Hightower WR | Boise State
Round: 6 Jake HansonI OL | Oregon
Round: 6 Alohi Gilman S | Notre Dame
Round: 7 David Woodward LB | Utah State
Round: 7 Oluwole Betiku Jr. EDGE | Illinois

Bretsky
03-28-2020, 09:24 PM
LAST ONE FOR NIGHT...................TEX, This one was for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Round: 1 Yetur Gross-Matos EDGE | Penn State
Round: 2 Jonathan Taylor RB | Wisconsin
Round: 3 Devin Duvernay WR | Texas
Round 4 Quintez Cephus WR | Wisconsin
ound: 5 Calvin Throckmorton OT | Oregon
Round: 6 Carter Coughlin LB | Minnesota
Round: 6 Levonta Taylor CB | Florida State
ound: 6 David Woodward LB | Utah State
Round: 7 Mitchell Wilcox TE | South Florida
Round: 7 Malcolm Roach DL | Texas

Joemailman
03-28-2020, 11:13 PM
WOULD YOU TAKE THIS ?????????????????

Round 1 Patrick Queen LB | LSU
Round: 4 Jack Driscoll OT | Auburn
Round: 6 John Hightower WR | Boise State
Round: 6 Jake HansonI OL | Oregon
Round: 6 Alohi Gilman S | Notre Dame
Round: 7 David Woodward LB | Utah State
Round: 7 Oluwole Betiku Jr. EDGE | Illinois

That would be great. However, I can't see Kmet available late in the 3rd round. He's the best of a weak TE group. As a result, he'll probably get drafted a bit earlier than he should.

Bretsky
03-29-2020, 09:30 AM
Round: 1 Josh Jones OT | Houston
Round: 3 Alton Robinson EDGE | Syracuse
Round: 4 Quintez Cephus WR | Wisconsin
Round: 5 Jordyn Brooks LB | Texas Tech
Round: 6 Jon Runyan OT | Michigan
Round: 6 Patrick Taylor Jr. RB | Memphis
Round: 6 Markus Bailey LB | Purdue
Round: 7 Richie Grant S | UCF
Round: 7 Bravvion Roy DL | Baylor

THIS MAY BE THE IDEAL PACKERRATS DRAFT STIMULATION. A starting OT falls to us, we get a high upside WR in round 2, another Edge round 3 in case Gary keeps shitting on himself, Ceephus in 4, a ILB in round 5, upside at RB in round 6, and more depth at ILB, S, and DL to close

Bretsky
03-29-2020, 10:13 AM
https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-draft-simulator

Give it a try; very easy. Get to know some of the names; it's addicting

texaspackerbacker
03-29-2020, 12:21 PM
LAST ONE FOR NIGHT...................TEX, This one was for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Much Appreciated except I'd like a D Lineman in the first round.

I think I will try that website too.

Bretsky
03-29-2020, 12:23 PM
Much Appreciated except I'd like a D Lineman in the first round.

I think I will try that website too.

Honestly there are not many DL worthy of a top 30 pick. It's reallyy interesting to do. I probably do about 5 a day...lol

texaspackerbacker
03-29-2020, 12:25 PM
It looks like you found a way to enjoy your lock down hahahaha.

Bretsky
03-29-2020, 12:26 PM
It looks like you found a way to enjoy your lock down hahahaha.

yup.....it's too easy...and kind of addicting

Joemailman
03-29-2020, 12:51 PM
30: R1P30 DL ROSS BLACKLOCK TCU

62: R2P30 TE COLE KMET NOTRE DAME

94: R3P30 RB ZACK MOSS UTAH

136: R4P30 C MATT HENNESSY TEMPLE

175: R5P29 LB JORDYN BROOKS TEXAS TECH

192: R6P13 WR QUINTEZ CEPHUS WISCONSIN

208: R6P29 CB REGGIE ROBINSON II TULSA

209: R6P30 EDGE TREVON HILL MIAMI (FLA.)

236: R7P22 S MYLES DORN NORTH CAROLINA

242: R7P28 G DANNY PINTER BALL ST.

Deputy Nutz
03-29-2020, 12:53 PM
Honestly there are not many DL worthy of a top 30 pick. It's reallyy interesting to do. I probably do about 5 a day...lol

There are probably two or three DL guys that could be viable options at 30.

Ross Blacklock
Neville Galllimore
Justin Madubuike

Even
Marlon Davidson
Raekwon Davis

texaspackerbacker
03-29-2020, 01:08 PM
Round: 1
Ross BlacklockDL | TCU
Round: 2
Isaiah WilsonOT | Georgia
Round: 3
Devin DuvernayWR | Texas
Round: 4
Michael Divinity Jr.LB | LSU
Round: 5
Trajan BandyCB | Miami (FL)
Round: 6
Jacob BreelandTE | Oregon
Lavert HillCB | Michigan
Terence SteeleOT | Texas Tech
Round: 7
Kamal MartinLB | Minnesota
Bravvion RoyDL | Baylor

my first effort

texaspackerbacker
03-29-2020, 03:11 PM
Round: 1
Jalen ReagorWR | TCU
Round: 2
Noah IgbinogheneCB | Auburn
Round: 3
Isaiah WilsonOT | Georgia
Round: 4
Jon RunyanOT | Michigan
Round: 5
Benito JonesDL | Mississippi
Trajan BandyCB | Miami (FL)
Bravvion RoyDL | Baylor
Round: 6 Lavert HillCB | Michigan
Quez WatkinsWR | Southern Miss
Rodrigo BlankenshipK | Georgia

my second

wist43
03-29-2020, 07:10 PM

2 (62) Peoples-Jones, Reagor, Kmet, Elliott, add Bryan Edwards (anyone have a 40 on him??)

3 (94) Bradlee Anae, add Willie Gay Jr., Logan Wilson, John Hightower

Couldn't find a 40 time on Edwards

Deputy Nutz
03-30-2020, 09:37 AM
Guys that didn't test at the Combine, and didn't get their Pro day in before the "lock down" are shit out of luck

pbmax
03-30-2020, 09:40 AM
Guys that didn't test at the Combine, and didn't get their Pro day in before the "lock down" are shit out of luck

Peter King wrote about this today: https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/03/30/nfl-draft-coronavirus-team-changes-players-affected

My bad. This was Albert Breer.

Deputy Nutz
03-30-2020, 10:02 AM
This draft will be the most interesting in my memory. Teams won't be even able to convene like normal to make a selection. I assume it will look a little like the old school MLB draft.

texaspackerbacker
03-30-2020, 11:29 AM
Uh Nutz, there's this new fangled thing called the internet that lets people communicate even without being face to face ...... come to think of it, there's even Alexander Graham Bell's old standby.

The ones this situation will benefit are the ones whose forte is performance in college - think Jonathan Taylor. The ones it might hurt are late bloomers or athletic freaks who don't have much of a performance resumay.

I just had a thought; The combine was going in late Feb. and early March - well into the corona mess. I haven't heard of even one person, participant, observer or whatever who was there that got the corona thing. Go figure hahahahahaha.

call_me_ishmael
03-30-2020, 03:42 PM
On paper, Antoine Winfield Jr. sounds a lot like Tyrann Mathieu. Is that accurate when you watch him play? If so, that would be a great value at #30.

- Undersized
- Instinctive
- Feisty, unafraid of contact
- Not a great athlete
- Exceptional player due to instincts

Bretsky
03-30-2020, 03:47 PM
30: R1P30 DL ROSS BLACKLOCK TCU

62: R2P30 TE COLE KMET NOTRE DAME

94: R3P30 RB ZACK MOSS UTAH

136: R4P30 C MATT HENNESSY TEMPLE

175: R5P29 LB JORDYN BROOKS TEXAS TECH

192: R6P13 WR QUINTEZ CEPHUS WISCONSIN

208: R6P29 CB REGGIE ROBINSON II TULSA

209: R6P30 EDGE TREVON HILL MIAMI (FLA.)

236: R7P22 S MYLES DORN NORTH CAROLINA

242: R7P28 G DANNY PINTER BALL ST.

LOOKS GOOD !

HarveyWallbangers
03-30-2020, 04:32 PM
Interesting article on Packers Wire. It looks like the three OTs that most fit the Packers athletic profile are Tristan Wirfs, Ezra Cleveland, and Jon Runyan. A few others (e.g. Andrew Thomas of Georgia) were close.

Deputy Nutz
03-30-2020, 04:38 PM
I personally think Cleveland is a overrated, and I like Driscol from Auburn as underrated

wist43
03-30-2020, 05:22 PM
I personally think Cleveland is a overrated, and I like Driscol from Auburn as underrated

I didn't like what I saw of Cleveland either... have to look at more of his tape though. Haven't looked at Driscol yet.

smuggler
03-30-2020, 05:59 PM
I prefer to Neville Galllimore to Justin Madubuike, but I do like both.

texaspackerbacker
03-30-2020, 06:53 PM
Isaiah Wilson and Jon Runyan seem to me to be the kind of road graders we need, and based on these mock drafts, we should be able to get Wilson in the 3rd round and Runyan in the 4th or 5th. The only O Lineman I like as good or better is Becton, and it seems he will be long gone before we pick in the first round.

run pMc
03-30-2020, 09:07 PM

Cleveland scares me. I have images of Jason Spriggs all over: much better athlete than football player.
I say that not having watched him play but based on all the scouting stuff on the interwebz, so I could be completely wrong but it's just the vibe I get.

Driscoll needs to get much stronger but he's a Day 3 guy you could probably work with. Runyan might be ok as well. Wirfs is probably the top OT - freaky athletic LT's out of Iowa have flamed out before (Robert Gallery) but he'll be long gone by 30.

wist43
03-30-2020, 09:26 PM
Watched some of Driscol tonight... agree that he needs to get stronger, but more worrisome is he seems to be very stiff.

He was wearing a knee brace, so maybe he's coming back from an injury?? No knee bend, athleticism or explosion. Moved his feet pretty well, and mirrored.

He needs some work. Late rounder, unless there are injury considerations to account for what I was seeing.

-----------------------------------

A guy I watched tonight and really liked was Ben Bartch. Played for Sister Mary's Fighting Virgins, but he more than held his own at the Sr. Bowl.

Step up in competition may take some time to adjust, but he has great tools to work with.

Really like this kid... liked him a lot more than most of the other OT's I've looked at so far.

wist43
03-30-2020, 09:41 PM

2 (62) Peoples-Jones, Reagor, Kmet, Elliott, Bryan Edwards

3 (94) Bradlee Anae, Willie Gay Jr., Logan Wilson, John Hightower, Ben Bartch (Think he might go higher)

Add Ben Bartch... can he play the right side??

Bretsky
03-30-2020, 11:35 PM

3 (94) Bradlee Anae, Willie Gay Jr., Logan Wilson, John Hightower, Ben Bartch (Think he might go higher)

Add Ben Bartch... can he play the right side??

Like your 1st round options

Everytime I see Peoples-Jones I shake my head in disbelief

I like Gandy and Logan Wilson

You think Quez Watkins is going to go nearly that high ?

Do you like any Badgers this year in the draft ?

Bretsky
03-30-2020, 11:38 PM
?

I'd be elated with Mims at pick 30; he's a great fit for what GB needs and I'm pretty sure he'll go between 21-35

Blacklock, he's ok If I wanted him I'd trade back and hope he falls and not lose sleep it he doesn't.

If Mims or Jefferson are not there, I'd trade back in a Jordy Nelson like trade, and then use that pick to move up in round 2 or 3 and get another guy I really like

wist43
03-31-2020, 09:36 AM
I'd be elated with Mims at pick 30; he's a great fit for what GB needs and I'm pretty sure he'll go between 21-35

Blacklock, he's ok If I wanted him I'd trade back and hope he falls and not lose sleep it he doesn't.

If Mims or Jefferson are not there, I'd trade back in a Jordy Nelson like trade, and then use that pick to move up in round 2 or 3 and get another guy I really like

Blacklock is a genuine dude... if he's there, you take him.

I now see Jefferson as more of a 2nd rounder... I've moved Reagor ahead of him.

SudsMcBucky
03-31-2020, 10:23 AM

I don't like this mock at all. As much as I love me some JT, we don't need a RB this bad. Also, QT too high for the 4th. We need a WR in the first, one of the top ILB's, or if the right OT falls, which is highly doubtful.

Bretsky
03-31-2020, 11:03 AM
I don't like this mock at all. As much as I love me some JT, we don't need a RB this bad. Also, QT too high for the 4th. We need a WR in the first, one of the top ILB's, or if the right OT falls, which is highly doubtful.

Honestly this was about my fifth draft that day. It's an insurance draft :) We got our Edge in case Gary keeps failing. We get JT in case we decide to not pay Jones over 10MIL/Year. Duvernay is good in round 3, and I kinds think Cephus is getting selected in round 4. And get an upside OT and a couple ILB's to fight it out. And who doesn't want a player named "Roach" on the team....lol

Overall, I probably agree with you

Deputy Nutz
03-31-2020, 11:34 AM
Watched some of Driscol tonight... agree that he needs to get stronger, but more worrisome is he seems to be very stiff.

He was wearing a knee brace, so maybe he's coming back from an injury?? No knee bend, athleticism or explosion. Moved his feet pretty well, and mirrored.

He needs some work. Late rounder, unless there are injury considerations to account for what I was seeing.

-----------------------------------

A guy I watched tonight and really liked was Ben Bartch. Played for Sister Mary's Fighting Virgins, but he more than held his own at the Sr. Bowl.

Step up in competition may take some time to adjust, but he has great tools to work with.

Really like this kid... liked him a lot more than most of the other OT's I've looked at so far.

Watch his first half film against Whitewater, it will probably change your mind, second half was much better.

All college offensive linemen wear knee braces.

wist43
03-31-2020, 12:28 PM
Watch his first half film against Whitewater, it will probably change your mind, second half was much better.

I know a lot of OT's wear braces... Driscol just seemed stiffer than you'd expect. That's why I wondered if he was dealing with an injury.

Still have a lot of tape to look at.

HarveyWallbangers
03-31-2020, 02:21 PM
Looks like a draft where the Packers needs match up with the strength of the draft.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107981/article/2020-nfl-draft-ranking-each-position-group-in-this-years-class

2020 NFL Draft: Ranking each position group in this year's class

1) Wide receiver
2) Offensive tackle
3) Interior defensive line
4) Linebacker
5) Running back
6) Cornerback
7) Edge defender
8) Quarterback
9) Safety
10) Tight end
11) Interior offensive line

Our top four needs--depending on the progress of Sternberger (who I have high hopes for)--match up with the top four position groups in this draft.

texaspackerbacker
03-31-2020, 02:23 PM
Honestly this was about my fifth draft that day. It's an insurance draft :) We got our Edge in case Gary keeps failing. We get JT in case we decide to not pay Jones over 10MIL/Year. Duvernay is good in round 3, and I kinds think Cephus is getting selected in round 4. And get an upside OT and a couple ILB's to fight it out. And who doesn't want a player named "Roach" on the team....lol

Overall, I probably agree with you

Yeah, even though you labeled it for me, no way I'd take an Edge Rusher in the first round. 4th is too high for Cephus. And while I'd love to get Jonathan Taylor, we have other more pressing needs.

Bretsky
03-31-2020, 09:11 PM
THIS ONE MIGHT BE PRETTY GOOOOD.............THOUGHTS ????

Round: 1 Denzel Mims WR | Baylor
Round: 2 Cole Kmet TE | Notre Dame
Round: 3 Ben Bartch OT | Saint John's (MN)
Round: 4 Jordyn Brooks LB | Texas Tech
Round: 6 Michael Divinity Jr. LB | LSU
Round: 6 Quez Watkins WR | Southern Miss s
Round: 6 Lamical Perine RB | Florida
Round: 7 Jake Hanson IOL | Oregon
Round: 7 Josiah Scott CB | Michigan State

wist43
03-31-2020, 09:32 PM

Watched some more Ben Bartch and tried to get a feel for where people are slotting him...

Bleacher Report has him as their #10 OT
PFF has him as their #6 OT

Still have him as a solid 3rd rounder... don't think he'll last to pick 94. He needs to get stronger and get some NFL calibur coaching, but his upside is 1st round type talent.

call_me_ishmael
03-31-2020, 10:24 PM
Didn't they say the same thing about Tony Moll though? I would prefer they land one of the top 4 OTs and address other positions later. Just my personal preference.

texaspackerbacker
03-31-2020, 11:42 PM
I want either Isaiah Wilson or Jon Runyan instead - road graders who stand a good chance of being available in the 3rd for Wilson and 4th or 5th for Runyan. Forget these "skinny" 6'6" 310 pounders.

mraynrand
04-01-2020, 08:35 AM
I want either Isaiah Wilson or Jon Runyan instead - road graders who stand a good chance of being available in the 3rd for Wilson and 4th or 5th for Runyan. Forget these "skinny" 6'6" 310 pounders.

I thought you wanted more passing?

Deputy Nutz
04-01-2020, 09:40 AM
Watched some more Ben Bartch and tried to get a feel for where people are slotting him...

Bleacher Report has him as their #10 OT
PFF has him as their #6 OT

Still have him as a solid 3rd rounder... don't think he'll last to pick 94. He needs to get stronger and get some NFL calibur coaching, but his upside is 1st round type talent.

I think 3rd round is about right for him. His senior bowl was a big deal.

Deputy Nutz
04-01-2020, 09:44 AM

Jon Runyan is 6'4" 305. So I wouldn't call him a "road grader". His game at Michigan was built on a foundation of football IQ, film study, and hard work. His athletic ability isn't great. I like him as a late round sleeper that could contribute because he understands the game better than most. I like that.

jklowan
04-01-2020, 10:05 AM
Keep on running these, Mims seem to be falling to our spot regularly now..... Reagor as well

My dream would be to trade down with Indy and get both of their seconds so we would have 3 pick in that round, I think we could address receiver,OT and IDL if that happened.... if not I thought this was a good pull, wish we could have gotten a better IDL but you can't have em all I guess

30 Denzel Mims, WR Baylor
62 Prince Tega Wanogho, OT Auburn
94 Logan Wilson, LB Wyoming
136 A.J. Dillon, RB Boston College
175 A.J. Green, CB Oklahoma State
192 Benito Jones, IDL Ole Miss
208 Jon Runyan, OT Michigan
209 Quez Watkins, WR Southern Miss
236 James Proche, WR SMU
242 Oluwole Betiku Jr. , EDGE Illinois

texaspackerbacker
04-01-2020, 10:16 AM
Jon Runyan is 6'4" 305. So I wouldn't call him a "road grader". His game at Michigan was built on a foundation of football IQ, film study, and hard work. His athletic ability isn't great. I like him as a late round sleeper that could contribute because he understands the game better than most. I like that.

oops - I was looking at stats for his father - 6'7" 330. Maybe the kid is still growing hahahaha.

pbmax
04-01-2020, 11:43 AM

Like Bach?

pbmax
04-01-2020, 11:44 AM
Things like this are why anything said in a GM or coach press conference should be discounted by about 70%.

Mike McCartney @MikeMcCartney7
I always chuckle when NFL teams start "recruiting" the draft eligible players they think won't get drafted. Players get the exact same "personalized" text from the HC or GM. Something like "we really love you and hope you're on our team in April". And often it's from a burner.

Gotarace
04-01-2020, 01:31 PM
Things like this are why anything said in a GM or coach press conference should be discounted by about 70%.

Mike McCartney @MikeMcCartney7
I always chuckle when NFL teams start "recruiting" the draft eligible players they think won't get drafted. Players get the exact same "personalized" text from the HC or GM. Something like "we really love you and hope you're on our team in April". And often it's from a burner.
Is this Quote from a Presser or from the Masseuse Table in his Office Eating Texas BBQ?

Zool
04-01-2020, 02:07 PM
Are there Golden Corrals in Texas?

pbmax
04-01-2020, 02:08 PM
That is the player agent Mike McCartNEY, not the head coach.

Mentioning the head coach presser probably didn't help.

pbmax
04-01-2020, 02:26 PM
Zach Kruse @zachkruse2
I wouldn't be surprised if the Packers see cornerback as a bigger priority in this draft than inside linebacker.

Zach Kruse @zachkruse2
Outside perception of needs doesn't always match how teams actually operate in building a roster. Here's how I think the Packers might prioritize their own needs in this draft:

Zach Kruse @zachkruse2
I also wouldn't be surprised (for better or worse) if the Packers like what they have at DL more than outsiders. Gutey expressed some confidence in the group after the season. In FA, plenty of quality vets at DL have signed cheap deals elsewhere.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/01/how-will-the-packers-prioritize-needs-in-the-2020-draft/

texaspackerbacker
04-01-2020, 02:40 PM

Yes, why?

texaspackerbacker
04-01-2020, 02:44 PM
Zach Kruse @zachkruse2
I wouldn't be surprised if the Packers see cornerback as a bigger priority in this draft than inside linebacker.

Zach Kruse @zachkruse2
Outside perception of needs doesn't always match how teams actually operate in building a roster. Here's how I think the Packers might prioritize their own needs in this draft:

Zach Kruse @zachkruse2
I also wouldn't be surprised (for better or worse) if the Packers like what they have at DL more than outsiders. Gutey expressed some confidence in the group after the season. In FA, plenty of quality vets at DL have signed cheap deals elsewhere.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/01/how-will-the-packers-prioritize-needs-in-the-2020-draft/

That first thing is something I've also been saying.

The last one is the opposite of what I've been saying.

The link goes with the middle one, and it is fairly close.

run pMc
04-01-2020, 03:31 PM

I'm not convinced the Packers draft road graders for linemen, certainly not at tackle. They go more for the dancing bear types who can handle speed rushes. Plus I'm not sure road graders are the best fits in a zone running scheme, but that might also be my perception of a "road grader".

(Not that I don't like the road grader types; I actually do, especially for GB weather.)

mraynrand
04-01-2020, 09:28 PM

Only on the Southfork Ranch

wist43
04-01-2020, 10:23 PM

4) Anae, Gandy-Golden, Logan Wilson, Quez Watkins, James Lynch

Add James Lynch, DL, Baylor.

Bretsky
04-01-2020, 10:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpaFLGKMz2Q

Bretsky
04-01-2020, 10:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VzzDaz1Hbk

Love this guy

Bretsky
04-01-2020, 11:04 PM
Jordan Love doing Facetime Interview with Packers and Saints; NFL Network discussing both as possible landing spot

mraynrand
04-02-2020, 08:13 AM

Love this guy

He seems like a natural fit for Rodgers working the sidelines.

Bretsky
04-02-2020, 09:03 AM
He seems like a natural fit for Rodgers working the sidelines.

He really does, and he's explosive too. He's a perfect fit as Rodgers WR he trusts early.

I'm all on board with Mims (which probably means we won't get him)

I have a horrible feeling the Vikings are going to draft him ahead of us.

I'm fine with Blacklock; I'm not in love with him but he'd be a fine pick

Deputy Nutz
04-02-2020, 10:12 AM
I'm not convinced the Packers draft road graders for linemen, certainly not at tackle. They go more for the dancing bear types who can handle speed rushes. Plus I'm not sure road graders are the best fits in a zone running scheme, but that might also be my perception of a "road grader".

(Not that I don't like the road grader types; I actually do, especially for GB weather.)

I agree with you, I don't get to breakdown a lot of NFL film or rewatch the Packers if I get to watch them at all because of coaching football in the fall so I can't be very specific on how the Packers work their end man on the line of scrimmage in their zone scheme. I assume they need someone with great feet that can reach and lock on in the outside or wide zone scheme.

run pMc
04-02-2020, 10:35 AM

Love this guy

Yeah, I've been on the Mims bandwagon for a while. I like him better than Reagor, I think they could get most of what Reagor gives them with another burner later in the draft (Duvernay?). I think there's a good chance one of Mims or Jefferson is there at 30 and those would be decent picks for a late R1 WR.

If the good OT and WRs are gone I'd think they look at trading down into early R2. Beginning to think the top 3 ILBs will be gone or not what they want/value, and aside from Blacklock I'm not sure who will be there for DL worth taking.

pbmax
04-02-2020, 02:28 PM
Roger Goodell Management Step by Step Guide
1. Announce a date

2. Do preparation that would tell you whether a date or not was feasible after the announcement.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUnwLDGXgAIMXal?format=jpg&name=medium

Zool
04-02-2020, 09:52 PM
Only on the Southfork Ranch

But who shot Fat Mike?

wist43
04-03-2020, 01:33 PM
1 (30) Mims, Blacklock, Aiyuk, Reagor

2 (62) Peoples-Jones, Reagor, Kmet, Elliott, Bryan Edwards, Netane Muti, Darrell Taylor

3 (94) Bradlee Anae, Willie Gay Jr., Logan Wilson, John Hightower, Ben Bartch (Think he might go higher), Netane Muti, Darrell Taylor

Add Netane Muti, (G, Fresno) and Darrell Taylor ( Edge, Tennessee)

Muti and Taylor may drop because of injury

Tex, you want a "road grader"?? Muti is your boy... love this guy!!

Sparkey
04-03-2020, 02:09 PM
My attempt at a mock draft simulation:

30 Patrick Queen, LB LSU
62 Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR Michigan
94 Ben Bartch, OT St. John
136 McTelvin Agim, IDL Arkansas
175 Colby Parkinson, TE Stanford
192 Justin Strnad, LB Wake Forest
208 Darius Anderson, RB TCU
209 Jauan Jennings, WR Tennessee
236 Jaron Bryant, CB Fresno State
242 Chris Orr, LB Wisconsin

Bretsky
04-03-2020, 08:10 PM
Round 1 Ross Blacklock DL | TCU
Round:2 Cole Kmet TE | Notre Dame
Round:3 Logan Wilson LB | Wyoming
Round:4 Devin Duvernay WR | Texas
Round:5 Hakeem Adeniji OT | Kansas
Round:6 Derrek Tuszka EDGE | North Dakota State
Round:6 Shyheim Carter S | Alabama
Round:6 Jake Hanson IOL | Oregon LogoOregon
Round:7 Quez Watkins WR | Southern Miss
Rounds:7 Sewo Olonilua RB | TCU

texaspackerbacker
04-03-2020, 08:30 PM
Wist, Muti is listed at 6'3" 307. That doesn't sound very road graderish to me, but I'll check him out.

smuggler
04-03-2020, 09:23 PM
A very Packer-type receiver I have been researching is USC's Michael Pittman. He's tall and big bodied with good size/athleticism combo that Packers seem to prefer. He could be had in the third or fourth round.

Also like UCLA RB Joshua Kelley, mostly because he seems like a 5th or 6th round pick that could contribute on offense in a year or two, which is great value.

And Antonio Gibson, a WR/RB hybrid in the vein of Montgomery. He can return kicks if nothing else, but could become an offensive weapon and could be had in the late rounds or perhaps may even go undrafted. Had a pretty solid combine, so maybe not. But he screams Deebo Samuel. Most likely will not happen, but could be worth the pick if he falls enough.

wist43
04-03-2020, 10:08 PM
Wist, Muti is listed at 6'3" 307. That doesn't sound very road graderish to me, but I'll check him out.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PtcpNPJfwMg&t=202s

This guy literally throws people around, lol... it's fun to watch :)

Bretsky
04-03-2020, 10:48 PM
A very Packer-type receiver I have been researching is USC's Michael Pittman. He's tall and big bodied with good size/athleticism combo that Packers seem to prefer. He could be had in the third or fourth round.

Also like UCLA RB Joshua Kelley, mostly because he seems like a 5th or 6th round pick that could contribute on offense in a year or two, which is great value.

And Antonio Gibson, a WR/RB hybrid in the vein of Montgomery. He can return kicks if nothing else, but could become an offensive weapon and could be had in the late rounds or perhaps may even go undrafted. Had a pretty solid combine, so maybe not. But he screams Deebo Samuel. Most likely will not happen, but could be worth the pick if he falls enough.

Dear Avatar

Look no further than #87

smuggler
04-03-2020, 11:30 PM
Cephus would be a nice pickup in the 4th or 5th. I've warmed on him.

Great mean streak. The last play on the linked vid is a screen. It called for the line to let rushers through. Muti threw his rusher to the ground before releasing into the second level. Bwahaha!

Seems a little stiff and slow in his feet for what we like to do, though. And he was off his feet a lot in that video. Gotta question his balance.

@Tex, he was 315 on the scales at the combine.

Bretsky
04-03-2020, 11:47 PM
Cephus would be a nice pickup in the 4th or 5th. I've warmed on him.

I don't think he'll get to our round 5 pick

I think the odds are he's gone by our 4th but that's where I'm hopeful GB picks him up

Pick up a big play WR in round 1/2, and Ceephus in Round 4 and I think AROD's is loving life and accelerating his stats his last 3-5 years

Bretsky
04-03-2020, 11:52 PM
This is the kind of receiver the Packers need. Possible late 1st round pick.

Jalen Reagor - TCU

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/jalen-reagor/BdQaY3TtVR

I'd love one of Raeger, Jefferson, or Mims to drop to us in round one and then Ceephus in round 4 and we're set at WR for a long time.

Raeger really gives us something we don't have, but Mims seems to give us exactly what GB needs as well. He's Jordy like but maybe with more natural ability. The way Mims adjusts and catches the back shoulder throw would be something Rodgers hasn't had since Jordy left.

I really like all three.

And I'll go on record as saying If we pick a WR in round one, and a top tier WR drops into our lap in round two I'd go back to back.

Although, I know that would gash my hopeful selection in round 4

Bretsky
04-03-2020, 11:55 PM
Aiyuk looks explosive but very raw. Ton of talent but he didn't run many routes in college. Maybe Cordelle Patterson like. I like Jefferson, Mims, and Raeger all more than Aiyuk.

smuggler
04-04-2020, 12:40 AM
Aiyuk looks explosive but very raw. Ton of talent but he didn't run many routes in college.

Yes, but some of those slants and double moves were gnarly. A lot of Patterson's college yardage was created through his evasiveness with the ball in his hands when compared to Aiyuk - a suppressed skill in the NFL. Kind of easy to see why MN would take him, he's not a technician, but a freak. Aiyuk less freak, hopefully more of a technician.

Really Patterson had 500 fewer receiving yards in his final college season than Aiyuk. A lot of his yards were generated in other ways. Athletically, Aiyuk actually reminds me of Adams a lot. Saying that, he is a lot more appealing as a second rounder.

HarveyWallbangers
04-04-2020, 04:19 AM
Cephus homers. I looked at three sites that I trust relatively well. One had Cephus going in rounds 4-5. The other two had him going in rounds 6-7.

Bretsky
04-04-2020, 08:38 AM
Cephus homers. I looked at three sites that I trust relatively well. One had Cephus going in rounds 4-5. The other two had him going in rounds 6-7.

For sure :)

Curious..which sites are they ? I always like exploring new ones as well. Most of what I have seen is round 4

run pMc
04-04-2020, 09:52 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PtcpNPJfwMg&t=202s

Seems like he's got good strength and nastiness. Likes to hit people and drive them out of the way. I bet he's the kind of guy you love on your team but hate if he's not.

Not sure about his feet and balance, but he's fun to watch. He's definitely a OG in the pros; I think he would struggle mightily with speed rushers at RT .

pbmax
04-04-2020, 01:52 PM

Bookmarked!

pbmax
04-04-2020, 01:54 PM
High-level officials from multiple NFL teams are now preparing to do the April 23-25 draft virtually, from home, away from their team facilities, league sources tell ESPN. Awaiting final decision from NFL on an unprecedented draft.

From a leadership standpoint, Goodell is a caboose.

But as with most things NFL, the ridiculousness will make for entertaining TV.

If they wanted me to watch stem to stern, they'd bring Chris Berman back and start at 7 AM Eastern on a Tuesday.

mraynrand
04-04-2020, 02:00 PM
They really need to have teams call in their picks on a rotary dial phone.

smuggler
04-04-2020, 02:22 PM
Gotta think teams being away from home base is not going to change a lot in terms of player selection, but might make a HUGE difference in trade environment. I know a lot of these framework deals are set as contingencies before the draft even begins, but it really will be impossible to make on-the-spot trades.

HarveyWallbangers
04-04-2020, 04:10 PM
For sure :)

Curious..which sites are they ? I always like exploring new ones as well. Most of what I have seen is round 4

ESPN, CBS Sports, The Draft Network, NFL.com (scouting reports), NFL Draft Scout (for projected rounds), and Draft Wire (scouting reports) are the ones that I look at the most nowadays

CBS Sports has him as the #197 prospect (round 6 area).
Draft Network has him as the #115 prospect (round 4 area).
ESPN has him has him as the #171 prospect (round 5-6 area).
NFL Draft Scout + Drafttek and Draft Blaster (who I don't trust as much) has him projected to go in round 7.

Of the 6 sites, only one has him going before the end of the 5th round.

HarveyWallbangers
04-04-2020, 04:15 PM
Personally, I don't have much of an opinion on Cephus or others because I've watched very little tape this year. I had some free time, so I started reading information on the prospects--mainly because my younger daugher is really into football. She's absolutely crazy about it. She's 10. She plays Madden. She collects football cards. She knows more about football than most middle aged men. :)

If I have free time before the draft, I may dig in further.

Bretsky
04-04-2020, 06:20 PM
LATEST MOCK; I LIKE THIS ONE

Round 1 Denzel MimsWR | Baylor
Round: 2 Jalen ReagorWR | TCU
Round: 3 Davon HamiltonDL | Ohio State
Round: 4 Jordyn BrooksLB | Texas Tech
Round: 5 Charlie HeckOT | North Carolina
Round: 6 Bravvion RoyDL | Baylor
Round: 6 Jake HansonIOL | Oregon
Round: 6 JaMycal HastyRB | Baylor
Round: 7 Brandon JonesS | Texas
Round: 7 Cameron BrownLB | Penn State

smuggler
04-04-2020, 07:13 PM
Those first four picks are nice, Bretsky

wist43
04-04-2020, 07:30 PM
1 (30) Mims, Blacklock, Aiyuk, Reagor, Elliot

2 (62) Peoples-Jones, Reagor, Elliott, Bryan Edwards, Netane Muti, Darrell Taylor, Ben Bartch

3 (94) Bradlee Anae, Willie Gay Jr., Logan Wilson, John Hightower, Ben Bartch (Think he might go higher), Netane Muti, Darrell Taylor, Kmet

Moved Elliot and Bartch up; moved Kmet down a round.

texaspackerbacker
04-05-2020, 07:29 AM
LATEST MOCK; I LIKE THIS ONE

Round 1 Denzel MimsWR | Baylor
Round: 2 Jalen ReagorWR | TCU
Round: 3 Davon HamiltonDL | Ohio State
Round: 4 Jordyn BrooksLB | Texas Tech
Round: 5 Charlie HeckOT | North Carolina
Round: 6 Bravvion RoyDL | Baylor
Round: 6 Jake HansonIOL | Oregon
Round: 6 JaMycal HastyRB | Baylor
Round: 7 Brandon JonesS | Texas
Round: 7 Cameron BrownLB | Penn State

Yeah, I like that too. I doubt we could get those top two in real life, though.

pbmax
04-05-2020, 09:17 AM

This is available for the Browns. Not rotary dial, but still.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/UzsAAOSw5j9eYuiE/s-l640.jpg

pbmax
04-05-2020, 09:25 AM

The novelty of rotary dial would quickly wear off, but that actual ring of an actual bell would be great to hear again.

smuggler
04-05-2020, 11:22 AM
Personally, I don't have much of an opinion on Cephus or others because I've watched very little tape this year. I had some free time, so I started reading information on the prospects--mainly because my younger daugher is really into football. She's absolutely crazy about it. She's 10. She plays Madden. She collects football cards. She knows more about football than most middle aged men. :)

If I have free time before the draft, I may dig in further.

That's great, Harv. I have a 10 year old daughter also. She isn't much into football, just likes her dad to be happy. Knows the Bears suck.

wist43
04-05-2020, 05:17 PM
1 (30) Mims (WR), Blacklock (DL), Reagor (WR), Elliot (DL), AJ Terrell (CB)

2 (62) Peoples-Jones (WR), Bryan Edwards (WR), Netane Muti (OL), Darrell Taylor (Edge), Ben Bartch (OT), Aiyuk (WR)

3 (94) Bradlee Anae (Edge), Willie Gay Jr. (LB), Logan Wilson (LB), John Hightower (WR), Ben Bartch (Think he might go higher), Netane Muti, Darrell Taylor, Kmet (TE), Troy Pride Jr. (CB)

4) Anae, Gandy-Golden (WR), Logan Wilson, Quez Watkins(WR), James Lynch (DL), Amik Robertson (CB)

Moved Aiyuk down, added CB's AJ Terrell, Troy Pride Jr., and Amik Robertson

Deputy Nutz
04-05-2020, 08:15 PM
30. Kenneth Murray LB Oklahoma - All top receivers were gone including Mims and Reagor. Queen was also available but I think Murray has a higher ceiling plus the experience.

62. Prince Tega Wanogho OT Auburn - I really like his film and his ceiling. I think a year backing up at left and right tackle and learning the NFL game will benefit him greatly.

94. Micheal Pittman Jr. WR USC- Long receiver that hauled in a bunch of catches and yards. A 6-4 receiver that can run a 4.5 and run a 6.95 3-cone don't come around often.

136. Harrison Hand CB Temple - Solid built CB with good measurables, best in a cover 2 scheme that allows him to jump underneath throws

175. Tyler Clark DT Georgia - if this cat is motivated to get better and utilize practice time to hone his craft he could be a good one.

192 Joshua Kelly RB UCLA - Built in the mold of backs that Gute likes. not overall gifted athlete but ran behind a poor UCLA offensive line and managed to be productive.

208. Isaiah Coulter WR Rhode Island- He could be one of the under valued commodities in this draft

209. Justin Keene TE Virginia Tech- Kind of a jack of all trades with above average athletic traits.

236. Jon Runyan OT Michigan - Hard worker on and off the field, good blood lines, just not overall athletic

242. Levonta Taylor CB Florida St. - One of the top recruits in the country his senior year. He has all the foot speed, effort, and tackling you want he just needs more work on press and man coverage.

wist43
04-05-2020, 08:21 PM
30. Kenneth Murray LB Oklahoma
62. Prince Tega Wanogho OT Auburn
94. Micheal Pittman Jr. WR USC
136. Harrison Hand CB Temple
175. Tyler Clark DT Georgia
192 Joshua Kelly RB UCLA
208. Isaiah Coulter WR Rhode Island
209. Justin Keene TE Virginia Tech
236. Jon Runyan OT Michigan
242. Levonta Taylor CB Florida St.

I would include Queen and Murray in my first round group, but I think the chances of Gute taking an ILB that high are almost nil, so I haven't been looking at LB's until the 3rd round range.

ThunderDan
04-06-2020, 10:43 AM
30: R1P30 OT AUSTIN JACKSON USC
62: R2P30 DL ROSS BLACKLOCK TCU
94: R3P30 TE HARRISON BRYANT FLORIDA ATLANTIC
136: R4P30 WR ANTONIO GANDY-GOLDEN LIBERTY

pbmax
04-06-2020, 04:18 PM
Now official: NFL now has informed teams it will do a virtual draft this year. GMs and HCs now will be drafting from their homes.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EU8OSIDXQAEtl-9?format=jpg&name=large

Joemailman
04-06-2020, 04:23 PM
30 Round: 1 Denzel Mims WR | Baylor

62 Round: 2 Cole Kmet TE Notre Dame

94 Round: 3 Logan Wilson LB | Wyoming

136 Round: 4 Antonio Gibson RB Memphis

176 Round: 5 Trey Adams OT Washington

193 Round: 6 Richie Grant S UCF

209 Round: 6 Derrek Tuszka EDGE North Dakota State

210 Round: 6 Reggie Robinson II CB Tulsa

237 Round: 7 Joe Bachie LB Michigan State

Round: 7 Chris Williamson CB Minnesota

smuggler
04-06-2020, 05:55 PM
Tried repeatedly to get both Reagor and Mims, but the Texans were too hard for Mims.

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/sharedraft.php?d=urubqe

44: R2P12
WR JALEN REAGOR
TCU
57: R2P25
RB J.K. DOBBINS
OHIO ST.
TE COLE KMET
NOTRE DAME
104: R3P40
OT JACK DRISCOLL
AUBURN
108: R4P2
OT BEN BARTCH
ST. JOHN'S (MN)
117: R4P11
QB JALEN HURTS
OKLAHOMA
144: R4P38
EDGE KENNY WILLEKES
MICHIGAN ST.
160: R5P14
DL LARRELL MURCHISON
NC STATE
181: R6P2
LB DAVID WOODWARD
UTAH ST.
236: R7P22
LB JUSTIN STRNAD
WAKE FOREST
LB JORDAN MACK
VIRGINIA

wist43
04-06-2020, 08:12 PM
Tried repeatedly to get both Reagor and Mims, but the Texans were too hard for Mims.

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/sharedraft.php?d=urubqe

44: R2P12
WR JALEN REAGOR
TCU
57: R2P25
RB J.K. DOBBINS
OHIO ST.
TE COLE KMET
NOTRE DAME
104: R3P40
OT JACK DRISCOLL
AUBURN
108: R4P2
OT BEN BARTCH
ST. JOHN'S (MN)
117: R4P11
QB JALEN HURTS
OKLAHOMA
144: R4P38
EDGE KENNY WILLEKES
MICHIGAN ST.
160: R5P14
DL LARRELL MURCHISON
NC STATE
181: R6P2
LB DAVID WOODWARD
UTAH ST.
236: R7P22
LB JUSTIN STRNAD
WAKE FOREST
LB JORDAN MACK
VIRGINIA

Really don't think Mims will make it to us at 30.

If that's the case, then I'd be okay with any of Blacklock, Reagor, Terrell... I'm iffy on Elliot - worry about his motor and desire. Afraid he might get a contract and then mail it in.

HarveyWallbangers
04-06-2020, 08:12 PM
My first simulator. :) This ain’t happening.

WR Denzel Mims
RB Jonathan Taylor
DT Raekwon Davis
OT Lucas Niang
S Terrell Burgess
DE Nick Coe
OG/OT Saahdiq Charles
TE Stephen Sullivan
OLB/DE Derrek Tuszka
QB James Morgan

wist43
04-06-2020, 08:14 PM

WR Denzel Mims
RB Jonathan Taylor
DT Raekwon Davis
OT Lucas Niang
S Terrell Burgess
DE Nick Coe
OG/OT Saahdiq Charles
TE Stephen Sullivan
OLB/DE Derrek Tuszka
QB James Morgan

You need to set the parameters up so that other teams are drafting too :)

Bretsky
04-06-2020, 09:18 PM
Really don't think Mims will make it to us at 30.

If that's the case, then I'd be okay with any of Blacklock, Reagor, Terrell... I'm iffy on Elliot - worry about his motor and desire. Afraid he might get a contract and then mail it in.

Would not surprise me if Mims makes it to 30; nearly everything I read had 4 clearly rates above him, and then they alter on where they rate Higgins, Mims, Jaegor, and Shenault and Aiyak.

If Mims does not make it to us odds are good either Queen or Murray or an OT like Jackson slips to us.

For our benefit, gotta hope that Jordan Love is drafted ahead of us as well

Bretsky
04-06-2020, 09:18 PM

WR Denzel Mims
RB Jonathan Taylor
DT Raekwon Davis
OT Lucas Niang
S Terrell Burgess
DE Nick Coe
OG/OT Saahdiq Charles
TE Stephen Sullivan
OLB/DE Derrek Tuszka
QB James Morgan

That Looks pretty dam good !!

texaspackerbacker
04-06-2020, 09:52 PM

WR Denzel Mims
RB Jonathan Taylor
DT Raekwon Davis
OT Lucas Niang
S Terrell Burgess
DE Nick Coe
OG/OT Saahdiq Charles
TE Stephen Sullivan
OLB/DE Derrek Tuszka
QB James Morgan

This is the best one I've seen including my own - I was never able to get J.T. in the 2nd round. Realistic, though? I doubt it.

mraynrand
04-07-2020, 11:35 AM
Did anyone check to see if Kraft and Belichick are Zoom shareholders?

Fritz
04-07-2020, 12:40 PM

Oh, hell, you know they'll be listening in to every other team's war room talk via some Zoom hack that they paid a $12 an hour intern to develop.

mraynrand
04-07-2020, 12:56 PM
Oh, hell, you know they'll be listening in to every other team's war room talk via some Zoom hack that they paid a $12 an hour intern to develop.

I figured they would just deploy lip readers with binoculars to the various team sites.

Joemailman
04-07-2020, 02:01 PM
I figured they would just deploy lip readers with binoculars to the various team sites.

Just one more reason to wear masks at work.

pbmax
04-07-2020, 02:27 PM

Harbaugh is on the case!

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
3h
Ravens’ HC John Harbaugh is concerned about technology security during virtual NFL Draft.

ESPN: https://t.co/tzswSGej5t

mraynrand
04-07-2020, 03:57 PM
Just one more reason to wear masks at work.

Hahahahahaha

mraynrand
04-07-2020, 04:00 PM
This is available for the Browns. Not rotary dial, but still.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/UzsAAOSw5j9eYuiE/s-l640.jpg

Kevin Mack should be inside that helmet.

pbmax
04-08-2020, 03:42 PM
Couldn't see this coming:

A concern has emerged in recent days: There are certain coaches and front-office staffers reluctant to have their IT employees in their homes for fear of the virus spreading, and vice versa; some IT employees are concerned about going into other homes to equip them for the draft.

mraynrand
04-08-2020, 03:54 PM
Couldn't see this coming:

A concern has emerged in recent days: There are certain coaches and front-office staffers reluctant to have their IT employees in their homes for fear of the virus spreading, and vice versa; some IT employees are concerned about going into other homes to equip them for the draft.

Understandable. Anyone coming into our home is quarantined in the foyer for 14 days before they can enter. Delay the draft for 14 days for IT guy to shelter in place in Gute's mudroom. Or, maybe toss on a mask and risk it. :roll:

Bretsky
04-08-2020, 05:57 PM
Hoody Genius will be have a connection hacking into every draft room in the NFL :))

pbmax
04-08-2020, 07:07 PM
Understandable. Anyone coming into our home is quarantined in the foyer for 14 days before they can enter. Delay the draft for 14 days for IT guy to shelter in place in Gute's mudroom. Or, maybe toss on a mask and risk it. :roll:

Foyer?!

I put up the canopy with 3 walls outside the front door.

If you're still there 2 weeks later, come on in.

run pMc
04-08-2020, 07:54 PM
I installed a decontamination shower just inside my front door and require any visitors to wear Korean war era gas masks. Haven't had any visitors yet, system works great.

Bretsky
04-09-2020, 12:22 AM
MY SCREW THE DEFENSE DRAFT ; WHEN IS THE LASTS DAM FIRST ROUND PICK ON OFFENSE ? How many first rounders do we have on offense ? 1 ? Anyways

HERE IS YOUR MOCK DRAFT; GET ER DONE GOOTER

Round 1 Denzel Mims WR | Baylor

Round:2 J.K. Dobbins RB | Ohio State

Round:3 Ben Bartch OT | Saint John's (MN)

Round: 4 Devin Duvernay WR | Texas

Round:5 Bravvion Roy DL | Baylor

Round 6 Mykal Walker LB | Fresno State

Round: 6 Javelin Guidry CB | Utah

Round: 6 Michael Divinity Jr. LB | LSU

Round: 7 Joe Bachie LB | Michigan State

Round: 7 Carlos Davis DL | Nebraska

mraynrand
04-09-2020, 07:44 AM
I installed a decontamination shower just inside my front door and require any visitors to wear Korean war era gas masks. Haven't had any visitors yet, system works great.

lol

I've been going with the plague mask

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimg.etsystatic.com%2Fil%2Fb7ece1% 2F827619073%2Fil_570xN.827619073_334w.jpg%3Fversio n%3D1&f=1&nofb=1

It doesn't prevent anything, but it scares the shit out of people

run pMc
04-09-2020, 12:12 PM
Latest mock attempt on one of the online draft machines:
30 Josh Jones, OT Houston
62 Michael Pittman Jr., WR USC
94 Van Jefferson, WR Florida
136 Hakeem Adeniji, OT Kansas
175 Tyler Clark, IDL Georgia
192 Justin Strnad, LB Wake Forest
208 Darius Anderson, RB TCU
209 Jacob Breeland, TE Oregon
236 Jaron Bryant, CB Fresno State
242 Derrek Tuszka, EDGE North Dakota State

HarveyWallbangers
04-09-2020, 01:30 PM
Watching film of Wisconsin vs. Ohio State. I was focusing on Cephus. He looks better than I expected, but Jonathan Taylor is a stud. He's my #1 RB. He reminds me of Nick Chubb.

Bretsky
04-09-2020, 08:16 PM
Watching film of Wisconsin vs. Ohio State. I was focusing on Cephus. He looks better than I expected, but Jonathan Taylor is a stud. He's my #1 RB. He reminds me of Nick Chubb.

Cephus is the real deal

OSU's top dog at CB called him the best WR he has faced

If he had a QB who could throw the deep ball he'd have had blow up stats last year

Fosco33
04-09-2020, 08:36 PM
Cephus is the real deal

If he had a QB who could throw the deep ball he'd have had blow up stats last year
100%

call_me_ishmael
04-09-2020, 10:06 PM
I would love to trade back a bit and get an OT then figure out how to move up and get Taylor. They need those positions. Can’t pay Jones big bucks IMo.

wist43
04-09-2020, 10:27 PM
1 (30) Mims (WR), Blacklock (DL), Reagor (WR), Elliot (DL), AJ Terrell (CB)

2 (62) Peoples-Jones (WR), Bryan Edwards (WR), Netane Muti (OL), Darrell Taylor (Edge), Ben Bartch (OT), Aiyuk (WR), Robert Hunt (OT, LALAF)

3 (94) Bradlee Anae (Edge), Willie Gay Jr. (LB), Logan Wilson (LB), John Hightower (WR), Ben Bartch (Think he might go higher), Netane Muti, Darrell Taylor, Kmet (TE), Troy Pride Jr. (CB)

4) Anae, Gandy-Golden (WR), Logan Wilson, Quez Watkins(WR), James Lynch (DL), Amik Robertson (CB)

Will reference this post as we go along, add to it, and move guys around.

Really like Hunt, don't think he'll be there in the 3rd.

smuggler
04-09-2020, 11:11 PM
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/nfl-draft-virtual-scouting-opinions-2020

Interesting views expressed by some of the scouts in this article. Makes the trades for Hopkins, Diggs, and Cooks easier to rationalize. This draft is deep at WR, but you can also just trade the (all the more) unknown of a pick for a proven player.

Also, of interest to you Badgers guys:

Zack Baun was not among the 58 players invited to the league's virtual draft day do-dah. I've seen him mocked as early as 20. He is kind of a tweener, though.

HarveyWallbangers
04-10-2020, 12:37 AM
Cephus is the real deal

My post was more about Taylor. :)

Cephus was solid. I could see him going in round 4-5. I have him similar to Tyler Johnson of Minnesota. Another kid with great ball skills that may be a bit underrated is Antonio Gandy-Golden of Liberty. I see a lot of similarities between him and Allen Lazard.

HarveyWallbangers
04-10-2020, 12:47 AM
I'll be honest: I loved watching Justin Herbert on film. You don't see guys that are 6'6", run in the 4.6s, and that have a golden arm. His film against Stanford in 2018 was beautiful. I think there's a chance a GM could fall in love with him and take him in the top 5 (and maybe over Tua). I was looking back at my draft spreadsheets (2014-2016, 2018, 2020 classes), and the only guys I had that were 6'5"+ and ran in the 4.7s or better were Carson Wentz and Josh Allen (who made great strides last year). Well, besides Logan Thomas--who couldn't throw a lick. This guy may have a better arm than Wentz and Allen. Wentz might be more accurate, but I'd give Herbert the nod in arm strength. Allen has Elway and Favre like velocity, but he lacks accuracy. I have Herbert solidly ahead of Jordan Love.

Jacob Eason gives me Mason Rudolph vibes.

Taylor is my #1 RB over Swift.

Lamb is my #1 WR. One WR that I didn't know that I'd love is Brandon Aiyuk. He has injury concerns though. Jalen Reagor is a guy that I think is overrated. Van Jefferson is a terrific route runner. Rodgers would probably like him. James Proche has terrific hands. Donovan Peoples-Jones is all athlete and no football player. I also wasn't impressed with K.J. Hamler.

I'm still working my way through the WRs. It's going to be a grind to get through all positions. :)

Bretsky
04-10-2020, 12:58 AM
I'll be honest: I loved watching Justin Herbert on film. You don't see guys that are 6'6", run in the 4.6s, and that have a golden arm. His film against Stanford in 2018 was beautiful. I think there's a chance a GM could fall in love with him and take him in the top 5 (and maybe over Tua). I was looking back at my draft spreadsheets (2014-2016, 2018, 2020 classes), and the only guys I had that were 6'5"+ and ran in the 4.7s or better were Carson Wentz and Josh Allen (who made great strides last year). Well, besides Logan Thomas--who couldn't throw a lick. This guy may have a better arm than Wentz and Allen. Wentz might be more accurate, but I'd give Herbert the nod in arm strength. Allen has Elway and Favre like velocity, but he lacks accuracy.

Taylor is my #1 RB over Swift.

Lamb is my #1 WR. One WR that I didn't know that I'd love is Brandon Aiyuk. He has injury concerns though. Jalen Reagor is a guy that I think is overrated. Van Jefferson is a terrific route runner. Rodgers would probably like him. James Proche has terrific hands. Donovan Peoples-Jones is all athlete and no football player. I also wasn't impressed with K.J. Hamler.

I'm still working my way through the WRs. It's going to be a grind to get through all positions. :)

Agree on almost everything; I'd be really excited if GB drafted Jonathan Taylor. I know it wouldn't be a popular move; and the Packer report has noted both GB and Aaron Jones have mutual interest in working out an extension know. So maybe he isn't looking to break the bank. No way JT gets to our round 2 pick.

I'm in the middle on Jaegor.

I love CeDee Lamb; to me he looks like Sterling Sharpe. It really sucks that we got stuck with pick 12 last year with that talent pool as opposed to this year. Think of the WR's we could pick up at 12 this year. Scary.

I think Jefferson and Mims are solid picks at 30. Aiyuk scares me. Very raw. Not a great route runner but he's a great athlete in open space. I don't understand why people want People-Jones. Just doesn't produce.

And Tyler Badass is going to be a very good OG for somebody.

Speaking of Badgers, anybody remember TJ Edwards last year ? So many didn't like his measurables. He went undrafted. He broke into the starting lineup the last 4 games for Phily last year and was rated their best ILB. He would have been ours too. Producer.

Bretsky
04-10-2020, 12:59 AM
My post was more about Taylor. :)

Cephus was solid. I could see him going in round 4-5. I have him similar to Tyler Johnson of Minnesota. Another kid with great ball skills that may be a bit underrated is Antonio Gandy-Golden of Liberty. I see a lot of similarities between him and Allen Lazard.

Agree, and I think Cephus goes about there too. He's a nasty blocker and enjoy hitting people too. Isn't Gandy Golden a burner as well ? Might be wrong but I thought he has a much faster gear than da Lizard

HarveyWallbangers
04-10-2020, 01:50 AM
Agree, and I think Cephus goes about there too. He's a nasty blocker and enjoy hitting people too. Isn't Gandy Golden a burner as well ? Might be wrong but I thought he has a much faster gear than da Lizard

They are relatively similar in most traits. I think Lazard has him slightly beat in most traits actually--except broad jump and bench press. Neither are going to wow you with their route running. Most big guys don't, but they do have some ability to create separation. What they are: physical in their routes, good ball skills, solid hands, nasty demeanor when the ball is in their hands, and solid blockers.

Still not sure why Lazard wasn't drafted. Productive 6'5", 225 lb receivers who run 4.55 40s are usually drafted. The consensus that year was he'd be drafted in the 4th or 5th round.

pbmax
04-10-2020, 08:21 AM
I am pro BPA. But not running back. Not this year in the second unless you trade out of the first and get another high pick.

Cap goes up next year, Jones can be signed.

smuggler
04-10-2020, 10:06 AM
I think taking Taylor or another top back is only really possible in the top of the second round. You could trade back from the first pick, net another 3rd or 4th rounder, and then take a back.

Reminds me of when we did this with Lacy, although that was in the second round.

pbmax
04-10-2020, 10:08 AM
I think taking Taylor or another top back is only really possible in the top of the second round. You could trade back from the first pick, net another 3rd or 4th rounder, and then take a back.

Reminds me of when we did this with Lacy, although that was in the second round.

There were a lot of 2nd round backs that year. I think Ted traded down twice and still had two left to choose from.

smuggler
04-10-2020, 11:00 AM
They traded back in the 2nd round only once in that draft, but selected Lacy after the first trade back with the 49ers. Then they traded back with the 49ers again in the next round.

There were no backs selected between their original spot (49ers took Vance McDonald) and the position they selected Lacy.

pbmax
04-10-2020, 11:05 AM
They traded back in the 2nd round only once in that draft, but selected Lacy after the first trade back with the 49ers. Then they traded back with the 49ers again in the next round.

There were no backs selected between their original spot (49ers took Vance McDonald) and the position they selected Lacy.

You sure? I could have sworn they traded back twice.

EDIT: I guess I just remember running backs coming off the board in the second round.

Ball went to Denver at No. 58. Giovani Bernard of North Carolina and Le'Veon Bell of Michigan State went earlier in the second round. This was the first time since 1963 that a running back wasn't selected in the first round of the draft. But Lacy now has his opportunity to prove all those teams that passed on him wrong, much like quarterback Aaron Rodgers after he tumbled down the board to the Packers in 2005.

mraynrand
04-10-2020, 12:53 PM
But Lacy now has his opportunity to prove all those teams that passed on him wrong

And he did, until he went Bob Crane/Dom Deluise.

ThunderDan
04-10-2020, 12:54 PM
And he did, until he went Bob Crane/Dom Deluise.

I think you mean Mike McCarthy.

smuggler
04-10-2020, 02:38 PM
Montee Ball and Gio Bernard were pretty big disappointments. Lacy and Bell were good, but Lacy fell off a cliff and Bell is a shell of himself now, though he had a great career.

run pMc
04-10-2020, 02:45 PM
Yeah I wouldn't be interested in a RB in R2 unless Taylor fell and Gute made a bunch of trades and ended up with a couple of R2-3 picks to use one on him. The guy was a bellcow and is almost an athletic clone of Saquon Barkley. They could mitigate the heavy # of carries he had at WI by splitting them with Jones.

I'm with pb, am very much pro BPA. I honestly think they will go with a big guy (OT/DL) in R1 and pick from the WR leftovers in R2 (Pittman?)...just a hunch.

I've seen a lot of talk about Antonio Gibson as a younger/better(?) version of Ty, who would've been a good fit for what MLF likes to do...but really, don't we have a potential guy like that in Ervin?
I've also seen all the AJ Dillon talk...he's a Travis Henry, pound out tough yards type...not an outside zone guy at all. Maybe you take him late to be your 4 minute offense grinder, but I think he's more of a fit for BAL or some team that runs a lot of power. GB isn't that team or you'd think they'd give Jamaal more snaps to hammer up the middle.

If they take a RB it will be a Day 3 flyer or UDFA guy who fell (Salvon Ahmed?) because of medical or a bad combine but has shown quick feet and acceleration on tape. JMHO

pbmax
04-10-2020, 03:42 PM
Yeah I wouldn't be interested in a RB in R2 unless Taylor fell and Gute made a bunch of trades and ended up with a couple of R2-3 picks to use one on him. The guy was a bellcow and is almost an athletic clone of Saquon Barkley. They could mitigate the heavy # of carries he had at WI by splitting them with Jones.

I'm with pb, am very much pro BPA. I honestly think they will go with a big guy (OT/DL) in R1 and pick from the WR leftovers in R2 (Pittman?)...just a hunch.

I've seen a lot of talk about Antonio Gibson as a younger/better(?) version of Ty, who would've been a good fit for what MLF likes to do...but really, don't we have a potential guy like that in Ervin?
I've also seen all the AJ Dillon talk...he's a Travis Henry, pound out tough yards type...not an outside zone guy at all. Maybe you take him late to be your 4 minute offense grinder, but I think he's more of a fit for BAL or some team that runs a lot of power. GB isn't that team or you'd think they'd give Jamaal more snaps to hammer up the middle.

If they take a RB it will be a Day 3 flyer or UDFA guy who fell (Salvon Ahmed?) because of medical or a bad combine but has shown quick feet and acceleration on tape. JMHO

Maybe a banger RB late, but I expect Jamaal Williams won't be as expensive to sign.

GB-Brandon
04-10-2020, 06:11 PM
FINAL MOCK

Round 1 - Jalen Reagor, WR TCU, With current roster in place we just can’t pass him up if he is available . We have needed a guy with this skill set for years(Since Cobb was in his prime). This offense is desperately missing short area quickness and speed in the middle. He can also be used on gadget plays such as the Niners use Deebo Samuel to keep defenses honest. It would be amazing having him as an option to play off an AJ run play and getting him on the perimeter. He can immediately provide CHUNK PLAYS which we also need. He would open things up more for our bigger outside receivers as this offense needs someone that can stress the middle of the defense. He might even give us a special teams TD or two as a returner. Lots of value here and I’m sick and tired of not giving Rodgers the weapons he deserves. GET IT DONE!!!!

Round 2- Jordyn Brooks ILB, Texas Tech, Some people love him and some people don’t. I see a very athletic and talented player(can go sideline to sideline) that could be used as a prime piece in Pettine’s defense and scheme. A lot of this would depend on the development of Gary to mix the drink correctly. He would be an upgrade in coverage over Martinez. He isn’t Oren Burks(Bust). This guy can shoot gaps and is tremendous on the backside. He graded out very well on PFF. Part of the problem at Texas Tech is the guys around him sucked bad and he tried to play outside of his responsibilities due to this. I like how he projects in this defense with the guys we would have around him. I believe we need to take a chance here.

Round 3- Lucas Niang, Tackle TCU, Might have to trade up here a little but would be well worth it IMO. He projects as a starting RT in LaFluer’s offense. Total ROAD GRADER that would help make up for the loss of Bulaga on the Right side of the line. He has all the ability. The concern is an old hip injury but the word his he is HEALTHY. If that’s the case then he could end up being a total steal here. Would not mind a trade up here one bit.

Round 4- Quintez Cephus, WR Wisconsin, I don’t care one bit about his combine 40. His pro day 40 backed up what you see on film and that’s what matters here. I said from the beginning that “if you liked James Jones then your gonna LOVE Quintez Cephus” and I stand behind it. He is just a really good football player. He knows how to shift gears through routes which allows him to create separation. When i look at receivers one of the first things I look at is there ability to SEPARATE at the last second when the ball is in the air and Cephus is very very lethal in that department. He is very strong with strong hands which allows him to muscle for 50/50 balls. He schooled the no.1 rated corner in college football a few times. SIGN ME UP!!! Don’t screw this one up. Another trade up opportunity here if necessary.

Round 5- AJ Dillion, RB Boston College, ATTACK THE BOARD!!! Consolidate late round picks and MOVE UP. This guy is Eddy Lacy without the weight problem. I like Jamal Williams and a big fan of his(Great Guy) but Dillion gives us a big power back option to wear down defenses. This guy just attacks the defense and LOVES CONTACT. . His speed can also surprise you. To me this is just a huge Value pick to give our offense yet another dimension. TRADE UP.

This is the main meat of it and Gute has the resources and capital to make it happen. It’s also possible depending on how it goes that they could trade back a few spots down from pick 30 which would give us another 4th round pick. That would make it much easier to make it all happen. We’re in total WIN NOW MODE so go get what you need NOW.

Along with adding Funches I really like what this brings to the Packers offense.

GB-Brandon
04-10-2020, 09:34 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/post/nfl-draft/ac45cfac-adec-4224-9fe1-7bb100c27caa

Hope he makes it to 30.

Deputy Nutz
04-10-2020, 09:52 PM
Hunt is a good player that could serve many rolls, his big question mark is if he can recover from a surgically repaired groin tear for the 2020 season.

GB-Brandon
04-10-2020, 10:12 PM
I’d take Niang over Hunt all day long. Hunt might be more massive but Niang projects at having a better skill set as a pass blocker in the NFL and He has better feet. Niang can still win at point of attack in run game too.

From what I’ve seen Niang health issue is farther resolved.

jklowan
04-11-2020, 09:21 AM
this would be sweet

30: R1P30-OT JOSH JONES
HOUSTON
62: R2P30-WR JALEN REAGOR
TCU
94: R3P30-LB JORDYN BROOKS
TEXAS TECH
136: R4P30-DL RAEKWON DAVIS
ALABAMA
175: R5P29-WR VAN JEFFERSON
FLORIDA
192: R6P13-OT PRINCE TENO WANAGHO
AUBURN
208: R6P29-S GENO STONE
IOWA
209: R6P30-WR QUINTEZ CEPHUS
WISCONSIN
236: R7P22-QB JAMES MORGAN
FIU
242: R7P28-TE DALTON KEENE
VIRGINIA TECH

Bretsky
04-11-2020, 10:25 AM
this would be sweet

30: R1P30-OT JOSH JONES
HOUSTON
62: R2P30-WR JALEN REAGOR
TCU
94: R3P30-LB JORDYN BROOKS
TEXAS TECH
136: R4P30-DL RAEKWON DAVIS
ALABAMA
175: R5P29-WR VAN JEFFERSON
FLORIDA
192: R6P13-OT PRINCE TENO WANAGHO
AUBURN
208: R6P29-S GENO STONE
IOWA
209: R6P30-WR QUINTEZ CEPHUS
WISCONSIN
236: R7P22-QB JAMES MORGAN
FIU
242: R7P28-TE DALTON KEENE
VIRGINIA TECH

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER !!!!!!

run pMc
04-11-2020, 11:45 AM
Maybe a banger RB late, but I expect Jamaal Williams won't be as expensive to sign.

Yeah, that's why I think if they draft a RB it will be more of an Aaron Jones/Mostert clone (Darrynton Evans?) than a Jamaal Williams or Eddy Lacy type (AJ Dillon).
If they were a power running offense with road graders they would have different personnel -- e.g., wouldn't have signed Turner, replaced Taylor, or kept Graham.

Jamaal won't cost a lot to re-sign or replace for his running style, although his pass pro, ball security, and toughness are pluses for the RB group.
Jones is the playmaker and if they can find one like him on a rookie deal that's a good move. I'm still not 100% confident in Jones staying healthy, and if they have a solid in house replacement he could leave after the season and get them a nice comp draft pick.

mraynrand
04-11-2020, 04:54 PM
I think you mean Mike McCarthy.

Hahahahaha. Close enough I guess.

wist43
04-11-2020, 08:09 PM
Hunt is a good player that could serve many rolls, his big question mark is if he can recover from a surgically repaired groin tear for the 2020 season.

Didn't know about the injury... when did happen? When did he have surgery? What's his timeline?

wist43
04-11-2020, 08:17 PM
I’d take Niang over Hunt all day long. Hunt might be more massive but Niang projects at having a better skill set as a pass blocker in the NFL and He has better feet. Niang can still win at point of attack in run game too.

From what I’ve seen Niang health issue is farther resolved.

I prefer Hunt... think his ceiling is higher.

I think Niang is going to struggle out of the gate. He's got some bad habits he has to correct. He tends to get tall after contact... power rushers on the NFL level will eat him alive if he doesn't correct that. He also has a habit of stopping his feet at the corner... not all the time, but when he does it he gets grabby. He can get away with that against college players, but NFL players are another matter.

GB-Brandon
04-12-2020, 03:34 AM
I prefer Hunt... think his ceiling is higher.

I think Niang is going to struggle out of the gate. He's got some bad habits he has to correct. He tends to get tall after contact... power rushers on the NFL level will eat him alive if he doesn't correct that. He also has a habit of stopping his feet at the corner... not all the time, but when he does it he gets grabby. He can get away with that against college players, but NFL players are another matter.

I’d agree either one will need some time to develop. For me, I would rather take the one with the better feet and that appears to be Niang. Yes, he gets lazy with it sometimes but the ability is there to do it as he has also shown. He also did it against an overall higher level of competition. You would have to think this is something that can be coached out.

The Packers went out and got a stop gap RT in Wagner so this tells me(along with keeping L. Taylor) that they want to use there top picks elsewhere. At the end of the day I would be fine with Niang or Hunt and it literally might come down to what one is still on the board when the Packers select.

Bretsky
04-12-2020, 09:58 AM
Lets' have a fun debate ? ORDER OF PREFERENCE BETWEEEN

Jefferson
Jaegor
Mims
Shennault
Higgins

AND WHY ?

To me I'd throw those all in a lump of about the same. Aiyuk I think is too raw to be in with the above, but that's just me

Deputy Nutz
04-12-2020, 02:47 PM
Jefferson
Mims
Reagor
Shennault
Aiyuk
Higgins

See my Tiers

GB-Brandon
04-12-2020, 05:19 PM
I’ve thoroughly explained why Reagor is the guy. We tried to go “Big Slot” last year and it just wasn’t effective. The offense stalled because we didn’t have enough speed in the middle unless we moved Devante inside and even he isn’t a true slot. Slow Snail Jimmie Graham didn’t help but we still need someone explosive to command the middle of the field and stress the defense. Look no further then the Chiefs and what Tyreek Hill does for that offense. He commands so much attention that he either beats coverage or more coverage is deployed to him which creates mismatches at other match ups. Rodgers would feast with this environment.

Now I’m not anointing Reagor as the next T. Hill just yet but he clearly has the best chance we would have on the roster. All those other receiver prospects listed are nice talents but they don’t do for this offense what is clearly missing.

I would actually expand the list to Laviska Shenault and KJ Hamler because those guys might be the next options after Reagor for what this team needs. Shenault has injury concerns written all of him and Hamler is kinda small. I suppose Duvernay is an option later in the draft but to me he is a one trick pony. I have Reagor higher then all these guys.

I believe in Cephus also and we can get him on day 3.. I think adding him later along with signing Funches with continued development of Lazzard has us looking good on the outside.

IMO adding Regor to all this will have us doing more “Lambeau Leaps” if you know what i mean.

wist43
04-12-2020, 05:21 PM

Jefferson
Jaegor
Mims
Shennault
Higgins

AND WHY ?

To me I'd throw those all in a lump of about the same. Aiyuk I think is too raw to be in with the above, but that's just me

Mims - think the sky's the limit for this kid. Fast, quick. Didn't have great QB play, and that held him back some. Love his route running, high points the ball. No concern about playing outside.

Reagor - like his quickness in and out of his cuts. Kick returner. Explosive player.

Jefferson - great college production, mostly out of the slot. Can he play outside?? Ran well at the combine, but not sure he can win outside, which is why I have him below Mims and Reagor.

Higgins - little bit high cut. Not great speed. High points ball well, good route runner.

Aiyuk - he's raw, very limited route tree. Like his upside though. There are other players I like at pick 62 that I'd rather go with though. If he drops to the 3rd, then yes.

Shenault - not sure what to make of him. Not overly impressed with his tape. They used him him in a variety of ways. Looks more like a RB.

wist43
04-12-2020, 06:11 PM
I’ve thoroughly explained why Reagor is the guy. We tried to go “Big Slot” last year and it just wasn’t effective. The offense stalled because we didn’t have enough speed in the middle unless we moved Devante inside and even he isn’t a true slot. Slow Snail Jimmie Graham didn’t help but we still need someone explosive to command the middle of the field and stress the defense. Look no further then the Chiefs and what Tyreek Hill does for that offense. He commands so much attention that he either beats coverage or more coverage is deployed to him which creates mismatches at other match ups. Rodgers would feast with this environment.

Now I’m not anointing Reagor as the next T. Hill just yet but he clearly has the best chance we would have on the roster. All those other receiver prospects listed are nice talents but they don’t do for this offense what is clearly missing.

I would actually expand the list to Laviska Shenault and KJ Hamler because those guys might be the next options after Reagor for what this team needs. Shenault has injury concerns written all of him and Hamler is kinda small. I suppose Duvernay is an option later in the draft but to me he is a one trick pony. I have Reagor higher then all these guys.

I believe in Cephus also and we can get him on day 3.. I think adding him later along with signing Funches with continued development of Lazzard has us looking good on the outside.

IMO adding Regor to all this will have us doing more “Lambeau Leaps” if you know what i mean.

We need speed at WR period. Inside and outside.

MVS is fast, but straightlinish. Curious to see what ESB can do this year.

Deputy Nutz
04-12-2020, 06:22 PM
I would have loved to see KJ Hamler's Pro Day, also Higgins and Van Johnson

GB-Brandon
04-12-2020, 06:30 PM

Jefferson
Jaegor
Mims
Shennault
Higgins

AND WHY ?

I really like Aiyuk. I just don’t like him in first round. If the plan is to address another area in 1st then Aiyuk in 2nd would be a good option if available.

GB-Brandon
04-12-2020, 06:37 PM
We need speed at WR period. Inside and outside.

MVS is fast, but straightlinish. Curious to see what ESB can do this year.

Right. We have some long strider speed. We need short area speed, quickness with the ability to explode from anywhere on the field. Someone who is shifty and can turn things on a dime.

To me the best guy all things considered is Reagor.

Would it be nice to get another outside weapon? Sure.

Reagor in 1st and Aiyuk in 2nd wouldn’t have me complaining. They have done it with DB’s(Randall and Rollins). Let’s do it at Receiver and put together another “Fantastic Five”. We’re running out of time.

GB-Brandon
04-12-2020, 06:43 PM
https://youtu.be/yBzfYzMLlk4

GB-Brandon
04-12-2020, 06:45 PM
And if they lay off the Cephus for some reason then Quez Watkins better be the guy they get instead.

Bretsky
04-12-2020, 07:08 PM
Mims - think the sky's the limit for this kid. Fast, quick. Didn't have great QB play, and that held him back some. Love his route running, high points the ball. No concern about playing outside.

Reagor - like his quickness in and out of his cuts. Kick returner. Explosive player.

Jefferson - great college production, mostly out of the slot. Can he play outside?? Ran well at the combine, but not sure he can win outside, which is why I have him below Mims and Reagor.

Higgins - little bit high cut. Not great speed. High points ball well, good route runner.

Aiyuk - he's raw, very limited route tree. Like his upside though. There are other players I like at pick 62 that I'd rather go with though. If he drops to the 3rd, then yes.

Shenault - not sure what to make of him. Not overly impressed with his tape. They used him him in a variety of ways. Looks more like a RB.

I'd agree but I'd put Shenault over Aiyuk. With that being said, I'd be happy with either in round two as well

wist43
04-12-2020, 07:43 PM
I would have loved to see KJ Hamler's Pro Day, also Higgins and Van Johnson

Do you have anymore info on Hunt?? As I said, I wasn't aware he was injured.