PDA

View Full Version : Da Bears (A Lambeau Rumble)

Radagast
12-10-2019, 08:52 PM
Yes it's round two for the Packers and the Bears in this 2019 Season. Both teams enter this game coming of NFC East victories.

Chicago has gotten better sense week 1 , but not enough to beat GB at home.

Green Bay --- 31

Chicago --- 19

:pack:

Tony Oday
12-11-2019, 01:02 AM
AR out in the first Quarter with a knee, wrecks next year as well. Doom and gloom in GB.

Radagast
12-11-2019, 06:42 AM
Some want to leapfrog ahead of the next regular season games and go straight to the playoffs. If that's your focus, them enjoy yourself.

My point is that the Packers must play the Bears in GB. Overlooking or taking this game for granted is wrong. Chicago is a division rival and records in such games can matter little. GB must still play another professional football team and could loose. It's not likely, but let's not get overconfident at this point.

pbmax
12-11-2019, 07:18 AM
Some want to leapfrog ahead of the next regular season games and go straight to the playoffs. If that's your focus, them enjoy yourself.

My point is that the Packers must play the Bears in GB. Overlooking or taking this game for granted is wrong. Chicago is a division rival and records in such games can matter little. GB must still play another professional football team and could loose. It's not likely, but let's not get overconfident at this point.

I agree. I wish they'd stop publicizing playoff scenarios and updating them after every single game! Its annoying and distracting.

How do you stay focused?

Cheesehead Craig
12-11-2019, 08:16 AM
My point is that the Packers must play the Bears in GB.

Coincidentally, the schedule agrees with you.

Joemailman
12-11-2019, 08:17 AM
I agree. I wish they'd stop publicizing playoff scenarios and updating them after every single game! Its annoying and distracting.

How do you stay focused?

I'm sorry.

pbmax
12-11-2019, 08:20 AM
I'm sorry.

You are just one of the afflicted Joe. I don't blame you.

:D

Joemailman
12-11-2019, 08:23 AM
As for the game, the Bears have lost Roquan Smith for the season. That could be a big development. Packers were unable to run the ball in week one. (Granted, that was Week 1 in a new offense). An ability to run the ball some sure would help.

pbmax
12-11-2019, 08:27 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1204174467083251712/BOczSDFD?format=jpg&name=small

pbmax
12-11-2019, 08:35 AM
2009 Game Winning Drive. Features Chris Collingworth being wrong three separate time.

https://twitter.com/GBPdaily/status/1204509540428976130

hoosier
12-11-2019, 09:11 AM
2013 division winner in Chicago. Contains highly edited rendition of plodding drive leading up to game-winning fourth down toss to Cobb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_cdwTRDTBE

Radagast
12-11-2019, 09:30 AM
I'm aware that LT B.Bulaga left the last game injured. Is he expected to remain out or will another start in his place vs Chicago?

Next, while it's fine to post about playoff hopes/dreams, current events remain can't be overlooked. I too enjoy looking at playoff seeds and scenarios for playoff opponents, yet one should never lose focus on the team next on the schedule.

Last, wtf is the WR problem in GB? Is it a matter of speed or calling the wrong pass routes? IMO, GB needs to use the time before the playoffs begin to sharpen up the WR passing attack. NYG's are one thing, but SF/NO/Seattle and such are a higher level of difficulty to succeed against.

Upnorth
12-11-2019, 09:32 AM
As for the game, the Bears have lost Roquan Smith for the season. That could be a big development. Packers were unable to run the ball in week one. (Granted, that was Week 1 in a new offense). An ability to run the ball some sure would help.

If we had the same oline as the start of the season this would be awesome. Unfortunately we don't. If we put up more than 20 points I will be surprised

texaspackerbacker
12-11-2019, 09:39 AM
One relevance of the playoff picture is whether the Bears still have a chance, or are they playing with no playoff hope. There was no mention in the other thread, but the way I see it, they are still hanging by a thin thread. Is that correct?

We beat them in Chicago; They are playing better in some ways now, but without Roquan Smith; I don't see pro athletes with everything on the line looking past this game; We ought to beat them, although if the Packers play like crap the way they did last week, it could be close.

Joemailman
12-11-2019, 09:57 AM
The Bears have not been eliminated from the playoffs. Since the game Sunday is a noon start, they will still be in contention.

The Packers will have to be better passing the ball than they were last week or they will lose to the Bears.

Fritz
12-11-2019, 09:58 AM
Yes it's round two for the Packers and the Bears in this 2019 Season. Both teams enter this game coming of NFC East victories.

Chicago has gotten better sense week 1 , but not enough to beat GB at home.

Green Bay --- 31

Chicago --- 19

:pack:

Well, folks, it's that time of year: a December game with playoff implications for both teams. That means it's time to renew old traditions here at Packerrats. I first saw this joke, I believe, on the old JSO chat site, and thought it fitting and proper to re-tell it here - again. It's an oldy but a goody.

Two hunters, Johnny and Stosh, were trekking through fields with their rifles toward their deer stands. Johnny was a Packer fan going way back to the Lombardi glory days, but Stosh was a fierce Bears' fan. The two came to an old wooden fence, and found an ewe had gotten stuck between the rails, bright pink ass sticking out at them.

"Well, look at dat der," says Stosh.

"Lemme show you what we do wit dat," says Johnny. So ol' Johnny unbuckled himself, and ambled over to the crying ewe. Once positioned, he dropped his drawers and pleasured himself at the poor young sheep's expense. Like all male Packer fans, Johnny was prodigiously gifted, and so the ewe baa-ed and cried until she got comfortable and her groans were groans of pleasure. When he finished, Johnny sighed with satisfaction and pulled up his pants, buckling himself back up. Johnny stepped back and once again stood next to Stosh.

"Okay," Johnny says, and he gestured at the ewe at the fence. "Your turn, Stosh."

"Oh, right den," says Stosh, and he unbuckled, then shoved his pants down until they puddled around his ankles. Stosh then shuffled up to the fence.

As Johnny's eyes widened in surprise, Stosh bent over and pushed himself between the two tops rails until he was wedged in, his oily pimpled behind sticking out, an angry-looking hemmorhoid peaking out between his cheeks.

"Okay!" Stosh calls out to Johnny. "I'm ready!"

Patler
12-11-2019, 09:59 AM
I'm aware that LT B.Bulaga left the last game injured. Is he expected to remain out or will another start in his place vs Chicago?

Against the Redskins? I thought he played the whole game. He left the 49er game early.

Joemailman
12-11-2019, 10:02 AM
Bulaga played 60 of 62 snaps against Washington.

Patler
12-11-2019, 10:10 AM
Bulaga played 60 of 62 snaps against Washington.

Where do you get snap count info? I know it is at the back of the NFL Gamebooks, but I can never reliably find links to the Gamebooks on the NFL site. Sometimes there is a link on the game details page, but not always.

Joemailman
12-11-2019, 10:24 AM
Where do you get snap count info? I know it is at the back of the NFL Gamebooks, but I can never reliably find links to the Gamebooks on the NFL site. Sometimes there is a link on the game details page, but not always.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201912080gnb.htm

Find the link for the box score for that game and scroll down.

pbmax
12-11-2019, 11:48 AM
Great. Now i am laughing and cannot tell anyone why.

Thanks Fritz. :)

pbmax
12-11-2019, 11:57 AM
Good rundown on state of defense by League ranks.

https://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/48255/packers-have-got-a-defense-but-its-hard-to-figure?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Joemailman
12-11-2019, 05:40 PM
Kevin Burkhardt and Charles Davis with the call.

https://506sports.com/2019/15-FOX-E.png

pbmax
12-11-2019, 08:20 PM
Akiem Hicks possibly back this week.

hoosier
12-11-2019, 08:36 PM
Thought he was done for the season. Still, you have to be able to beat the Bears.

hoosier
12-11-2019, 08:39 PM
I'm aware that LT B.Bulaga left the last game injured.

Against the Redskins? I thought he played the whole game. He left the 49er game early.

Wait, the Packers left tackle got hurt and left the game?

Joemailman
12-11-2019, 09:02 PM
This is as big a game as the Packers have played all year. Trubisky has put up very good numbers the last 3 weeks, better than Rodgers, although Rodgers has perhaps faced tougher defenses. Although most would agree Rodgers is not the player he once was, how often has he not come through against the Bears? If Trubisky could come into Lambeau, outplay Rodgers and lead the Bears to victory, it could change the was a lot of people look at the 2 franchises. Rodgers needs to raise his level of play above what it's been lately. As Kevin Greene said to Clay Matthews, "It is time."

Radagast
12-11-2019, 09:49 PM
I must assume then that who will start at LT for GB is a mystery.

Who on the Bears defense regularly opposes GB's LT?

What Bear WR or RB or TE is credited with the most yardage/TDs?

Who is the Bears best CB?

Who leads the Bears in solo tackles? Sacks?

Patler
12-11-2019, 10:48 PM
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201912080gnb.htm

Find the link for the box score for that game and scroll down.

Thanks! Much appreciated.

Patler
12-11-2019, 10:51 PM
I must assume then that who will start at LT for GB is a mystery.

What are you talking about?

MadtownPacker
12-11-2019, 11:18 PM
This is as big a game as the Packers have played all year. Trubisky has put up very good numbers the last 3 weeks, better than Rodgers, although Rodgers has perhaps faced tougher defenses. Although most would agree Rodgers is not the player he once was, how often has he not come through against the Bears? If Trubisky could come into Lambeau, outplay Rodgers and lead the Bears to victory, it could change the was a lot of people look at the 2 franchises. Rodgers needs to raise his level of play above what it's been lately. As Kevin Greene said to Clay Matthews, "It is time."You mofos will go insane! I might have to deputize some more losers. :lol:

MadtownPacker
12-11-2019, 11:45 PM

Next, while it's fine to post about playoff hopes/dreams, current events remain can't be overlooked. I too enjoy looking at playoff seeds and scenarios for playoff opponents, yet one should never lose focus on the team next on the schedule.

Last, wtf is the WR problem in GB? Is it a matter of speed or calling the wrong pass routes? IMO, GB needs to use the time before the playoffs begin to sharpen up the WR passing attack. NYG's are one thing, but SF/NO/Seattle and such are a higher level of difficulty to succeed against.Thanks for as always giving everyone permission how to think but sir I am appalled by such language!! You are risking going on the naughty list this close to Christmas. :lol:

Fritz
12-12-2019, 06:05 AM

When I read Rad's posts, I often ask that same question.

I do think da Bears are going to roll into town and spring the upset. But I usually think the Packers will lose, so that's nothing new. I think I'd enjoy it all more if the defense were stouter and Rodgers would just take the open receiver.

Radagast
12-12-2019, 07:28 AM
Thanks for as always giving everyone permission how to think but sir I am appalled by such language!! You are risking going on the naughty list this close to Christmas. :lol:

When the frosty appalled you ! I knew you had no Christmas Spirit.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/79/bb/ea79bb37cbe24ffd796f8dd073916c86.gif

hoosier
12-12-2019, 08:26 AM

In case you haven't noticed, Rad is convinced Bulaga is the left tackle for Green Bay. I guess if you look at it from the defense's perspective, he does line up on the left....

pbmax
12-12-2019, 08:29 AM
In case you haven't noticed, Rad is convinced Bulaga is the left tackle for Green Bay. I guess if you look at it from the defense's perspective, he does line up on the left....

According to my TV, he was the LT for a half. And then they switched sides.

MadtownPacker
12-12-2019, 09:19 AM
I do think da Bears are going to roll into town and spring the upset. But I usually think the Packers will lose, so that's nothing new. I think I'd enjoy it all more if the defense were stouter and Rodgers would just take the open receiver.Has it crossed your deviant mind that he is venting sexual frustration?

We all hated him with Yoko Munn but she inspired some of his best seasons. No small coincidence that a google search for Crash Bandicoot “Danica Patrick” and “swallows” comes up with articles about her crashing and one where she was “holding hands” with Rodgers. Check if you don’t believe me.

Shit, holding hands? No wonder he is trying to force the issue of going deep.

https://youtu.be/3Nunu9QeuC4

MadtownPacker
12-12-2019, 09:22 AM
When the frosty appalled you ! I knew you had no Christmas Spirit.Baby it’s cold outside AND inside!!:grin:

Fritz
12-12-2019, 10:44 AM
Has it crossed your deviant mind that he is venting sexual frustration?

We all hated him with Yoko Munn but she inspired some of his best seasons. No small coincidence that a google search for Crash Bandicoot “Danica Patrick” and “swallows” comes up with articles about her crashing and one where she was “holding hands” with Rodgers. Check if you don’t believe me.

Hot damn. They do say the simplest explanation is often correct.

If you are correct, Mad, then maybe you should combine your IT knowledge and Packer fan spirit to creating a new "dating" site devoted solely to getting Rodgers a new girlfriend who is famous, wealthy, hot, and has no gag reflex.

Gotarace
12-12-2019, 01:09 PM
Has it crossed your deviant mind that he is venting sexual frustration?

Back in the Good Old Days they set up a Circus Tent...had a Barker and Charged one thin Dime for Quality Entertainment like This...Thanks for saving me a Dime Madtown...

hoosier
12-12-2019, 02:14 PM
According to my TV, he was the LT for a half. And then they switched sides.

Maybe we should rename as front tackle and rear tackle?

Fritz
12-12-2019, 02:55 PM

Man, for me, that is an ugly, ugly picture.

I either find a sports bar that will show the game while I drink coke or water, or I get viruses on my computer watching that european internet station...

hoosier
12-12-2019, 03:01 PM
Listen to the game with Wayne and Rock. I sometimes find it better than watching, both because you can multitask and because the announcers are like a Greek chorus: they do the emoting for you so you don't have to suffer all the snafus and fubars. Blood pressure is noticeably lower at the end of the game.

pbmax
12-12-2019, 03:40 PM
Maybe we should rename as front tackle and rear tackle?

Top of screen tackle has a nice ring to it.

pbmax
12-12-2019, 03:41 PM
Kiss of death:

Bill Huber
LaFleur points to Amos' consistency and being a calming influence in the secondary.

Freak Out
12-12-2019, 05:55 PM

What the hell is this telling me? I'll be in Bend OR this weekend.

Joemailman
12-12-2019, 07:18 PM

Sorry. I forgot to post the link. https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2019&wk=15

Freak Out
12-12-2019, 08:54 PM
Always get fucked when the Chickens have an early game.

pbmax
12-12-2019, 08:54 PM

Be sure to wear green with stripes.

https://www.iheartradio.net.nz/media/1690404/bluesclue.jpg?mode=crop&width=620&height=349&quality=60&scale=both

Freak Out
12-12-2019, 08:55 PM
BTW thanks Joe.

pbmax
12-13-2019, 08:27 AM
Packers found a place for Josh Jackson. Outside corner in zone, 10 yards off the ball. They switch to man at about 1:20 of the video. He plays a small amount of slot.

All 26 snaps here. 9 man coverage and 2 unknown.

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/Watch-Every-Josh-Jackson-Snap-vs-Washington-Green-Bay-Packers-140376823/

Sparkey
12-13-2019, 09:34 AM
Listen to the game with Wayne and Rock. I sometimes find it better than watching, both because you can multitask and because the announcers are like a Greek chorus: they do the emoting for you so you don't have to suffer all the snafus and fubars. Blood pressure is noticeably lower at the end of the game.

LOL

Listen to the rock: YES! NO! ARGGG. UGHHH. ha ha!

pbmax
12-13-2019, 09:45 AM
If you would like to know what is happening with the Packers pass D, I suggest watching that video. Its 17-19 snaps of zone, but loose is a good description of it.

Sparkey
12-13-2019, 10:08 AM
BTW, There is a 77% chance the Packers lose. Mainly based on historical statistics being I have attended 13 games in my lifetime and they have only won 3!

Since this will be game 14, I hope that the law of averages comes into play here! ( yes yes, flawed statistics and all. )

pbmax
12-13-2019, 10:22 AM
BTW, There is a 77% chance the Packers lose. Mainly based on historical statistics being I have attended 13 games in my lifetime and they have only won 3!

Since this will be game 14, I hope that the law of averages comes into play here! ( yes yes, flawed statistics and all. )

Could I buy you a round at a nearby bar and then tie you to the stool?

pbmax
12-13-2019, 10:30 AM
Watch Dr. Zaius spin move and then flip #77 to the ground on a hip check to get free. 55 is on the outside shoulder of the left guard.

https://media.giphy.com/media/KyNb5XB2F9M2hSDIYD/giphy.gif

pbmax
12-13-2019, 10:36 AM
Got a slightly new animated GIF trick, if anyone knows something easier, please post.

1. Get Tweet URL with video
2. Go to https://www.savetweetvid.com and click download
3. Choose size and click download
4. Because the internet is now useless, this will give you a video player from which I cannot download HOWEVAH
5. Copy the link for this page
6. Go to https://ezgif.com/video-to-gif
7. Paste URL of video player into the video URL text box
8. Upload, choose GIF settings and convert
9. Save and put on GIPHY

Fritz
12-13-2019, 01:09 PM
If you would like to know what is happening with the Packers pass D, I suggest watching that video. Its 17-19 snaps of zone, but loose is a good description of it.

It is a very loose zone. And Jackson can get beat deep, pretty easily it seems, unless he's mugging the guy.

But maybe he's making progress. I don't coach football nor watch it the way you guys do, with intent. At least not like I used to.

pbmax
12-13-2019, 02:02 PM
It is a very loose zone. And Jackson can get beat deep, pretty easily it seems, unless he's mugging the guy.

But maybe he's making progress. I don't coach football nor watch it the way you guys do, with intent. At least not like I used to.

Every time he locked up with a guy deep, he lost ground. So fast that I almost believe he wasn't running full speed. I'm not joking, he was always looking backward toward the QB.

Haskins did not throw it deep over his head, but someone could have. I don't get what he was doing. Its a zone and you have a guy going deep in your quarter. Stay in front of him.

pbmax
12-13-2019, 05:35 PM
https://twitter.com/BrandonThornNFL/status/1205555422431715330

Video in praise of Luxury Automobile's run blocking.

Am I being too negative or is it OK to good rather than excellent? He's better than Graham or RichRod by a mile, but he's not a real decleater, is he?

Patler
12-13-2019, 06:22 PM
https://twitter.com/BrandonThornNFL/status/1205555422431715330

Video in praise of Luxury Automobile's run blocking.

Am I being too negative or is it OK to good rather than excellent? He's better than Graham or RichRod by a mile, but he's not a real decleater, is he?

In answer to your question, "Yes!". :)

For most of his career, Lewis has been considered to be one of the very best blocking tight ends. I was very pleased when he came to GB. Consistently keeping your man out of the play is much more important than any crushing block.

Bubba Franks was considered to be an excellent blocker in his time. One of his coaches explained the difference with him was that they never had to give him help, regardless of who he was facing. Yes, he would get beat on a play, but more often than not he effectively accomplished what was needed. I think that is where the Packers are now with Lewis.

Radagast
12-13-2019, 07:22 PM
Yes, I wrote LT instead of RT, but everyone still knew what I meant. Merry Christmas to all of you as well .

hoosier
12-13-2019, 07:42 PM

Holy crap, break a leg or something!

Sparkey
12-15-2019, 04:52 PM
Holy crap, break a leg or something!

Law of Averages for the win.

I should have mentioned my personal statistics are skwewd by seeing 10 games during the 80's when they lost far more than they won.

pbmax
12-15-2019, 08:12 PM
Law of Averages for the win.

I should have mentioned my personal statistics are skwewd by seeing 10 games during the 80's when they lost far more than they won.

Streak is broken. Congrats!

smuggler
12-15-2019, 09:23 PM
In all my times on the forum, I had never come across posts by Sparkey. Wowwo!

Sparkey
12-16-2019, 09:28 AM
In all my times on the forum, I had never come across posts by Sparkey. Wowwo!

Stealth posting!