PDA

View Full Version : Rats, I Need Advice on Technology/Streaming

Fritz
12-21-2019, 08:51 AM
Hey, Rats -

You know I love the Pack but I'm stranded in Detroit. So while you all are watching the Bears and Packers, I'm stuck with Lions and Buccaneers.

You probably also know I'm not all up on how this newfangled streaming stuff works. My wife and I are getting rid of cable and getting an antenna, then signing up for some streaming services.

So given that situation, how do I sign up, where do I sign up, to finally get access - live - to ALL Packer games in a season? And how much does that cost?

Note that we watch on TV, not on phones or laptops.

Help, Rats!

red
12-21-2019, 09:54 AM
well to start out with, you will need a smart TV or a streaming stick like a roku

Smidgeon
12-21-2019, 10:53 AM
Amazon's FireTV stick. $30ish. One time purchase.
NFL GamePass $100/year.

Honestly though, I don't know about watching games live. I use GamePass usually late at night to watch the game without commercials. Haven't missed a game in 10 years this way.

MadtownPacker
12-21-2019, 11:55 AM
These two rejects failed to ask you the right question, what is your credit card #?

Cuz the top of the line service for all games is NFL Sunday ticket IMO. It can be bought as a streaming subscription (without subscribing to DirectTV) if you live in an area that cant get the satellite feed due to trees or tall building around you. Also if you live in an apartment or anyplace not a standard house. But it ain’t cheap, around 300 a season.

Or you can go the free route which all the crooks here will post soon. :)

texaspackerbacker
12-21-2019, 12:14 PM
And here I am hahahahahaha.

This year I actually couldn't get around paying for Sunday Ticket. The three previous years, I wangled it by starting up new accounts with Direct TV. Regarding streaming, though, my grandson and two of his friends can stream Sunday Ticket for free just by using my account. So find yourself somebody who has it, and make a deal with him.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-21-2019, 12:18 PM
These two rejects failed to ask you the right question, what is your credit card #?

Cuz the top of the line service for all games is NFL Sunday ticket IMO. It can be bought as a streaming subscription (without subscribing to DirectTV) if you live in an area that cant get the satellite feed due to trees or tall building around you. Also if you live in an apartment or anyplace not a standard house. But it ain’t cheap, around 300 a season.

He could also bribe a college kid to set up an NFL Sunday Tix account for him. ATT or whichever greed-fucked corporation that now owns DTV offers the streaming service to students at a discount ($100 a season, last I checked).

For this week, just sign up for a “live” TV streaming provider that offers ESPN. YouTube TV, Hulu TV, SlingTV, etc. Most of those greed-fuckers offer a 7 day free trail - simply cancel subscription after game.

rdanomly
12-21-2019, 03:19 PM
Amazon's FireTV stick. $30ish. One time purchase.
NFL GamePass $100/year.

Honestly though, I don't know about watching games live. I use GamePass usually late at night to watch the game without commercials. Haven't missed a game in 10 years this way.

I've been doing the same thing the past few years as well. If you want to go with live games though, I've got a friend that combines a VPN with servers in multiple countries. This year he picked the Mexican version of the Game Pass. All games are live, only $99 from the start of the year. It's more complicated, but, if you already are using a VPN for other purposes, it's much less expensive than DirecTV, fwiw.

smuggler
12-21-2019, 08:52 PM
http://buffstreamz.com/nfl-streams/

If you install the uBlock (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm) Chrome extension, you won't even have to deal with ads.

QBME
12-22-2019, 11:23 AM

Mrs QBME and I pay for the Direct TV Season Ticket, as we live in the Fox river valley west of Chicago so we can see all of the Packer games. Cost is $350 for the season. So far we have had to use it exactly ZERO times this season! (no shit) The streak will continue with Monday night football tomorrow. So, only question is how will next week play out?

MadtownPacker
12-22-2019, 02:28 PM
He could also bribe a college kid to set up an NFL Sunday Tix account for him. ATT or whichever greed-fucked corporation that now owns DTV offers the streaming service to students at a discount ($100 a season, last I checked).

For this week, just sign up for a “live” TV streaming provider that offers ESPN. YouTube TV, Hulu TV, SlingTV, etc. Most of those greed-fuckers offer a 7 day free trail - simply cancel subscription after game.Tex and you are birds of a feather for sure!

These aren’t bad ideas. I know folks that do something similar. Get 4 DTV receivers at one house setup then split them up at different houses. Just requires the little satellite which they already had as previous subscribers. I think it broke down to about $50 a month. Which was Sunday Ticket and DTVs premium package.

Of course you have to find 3 people you can trust to come through paying.

MadtownPacker
12-22-2019, 02:31 PM
Mrs QBME and I pay for the Direct TV Season Ticket, as we live in the Fox river valley west of Chicago so we can see all of the Packer games. Cost is $350 for the season. So far we have had to use it exactly ZERO times this season! (no shit) The streak will continue with Monday night football tomorrow. So, only question is how will next week play out?Some 1st world problems for sure :lol:. Maybe lease one of your receivers to Tex!

texaspackerbacker
12-22-2019, 02:39 PM
I'm paying that same amount this season - albeit grudgingly - because I couldn't figure out a good scam. If you are a young modern person who can tolerate small screens, I guess there are a lot of ways to get over - as I described with my grandson and his friends. I like the big screen, though, so I had to pay. Next year, I should be able to get in as a new customer - again - though, and get it for free.

Joemailman
12-22-2019, 06:51 PM
Mrs QBME and I pay for the Direct TV Season Ticket, as we live in the Fox river valley west of Chicago so we can see all of the Packer games. Cost is $350 for the season. So far we have had to use it exactly ZERO times this season! (no shit) The streak will continue with Monday night football tomorrow. So, only question is how will next week play out?

Where you at? I'll be heading down to Aurora next weekend for my Mom's 93rd birthday. Do they still show Packer games at Little Red Schoolhouse Pizza in North Aurora?

MadtownPacker
12-22-2019, 06:56 PM
https://youtu.be/VasF8u_KC8A

Say Happy Birthday to her on behalf of PackerRats!

pbmax
12-22-2019, 07:14 PM
Every year Tex calls in, having just moved to a new location that just happened to have the Ticket last year. :lol:

MadtownPacker
12-22-2019, 08:24 PM
Every year Tex calls in, having just moved to a new location that just happened to have the Ticket last year. :lol:I was wondering about that too. He is definitely lying like hell to someone. :lol:

texaspackerbacker
12-22-2019, 09:02 PM
Lying sort of, different location no. It's in a different person's name. This year, though, they wised up and said this address was not eligible for the new account free Sunday Ticket. Next year, though, it should be again.

pbmax
12-23-2019, 08:21 AM
Lying sort of, different location no. It's in a different person's name. This year, though, they wised up and said this address was not eligible for the new account free Sunday Ticket. Next year, though, it should be again.

You should "rent" out the room in the attic, get the post office to give it a suite number or letter, then just switch addresses up each year.

QBME
12-23-2019, 08:43 AM
Where you at? I'll be heading down to Aurora next weekend for my Mom's 93rd birthday. Do they still show Packer games at Little Red Schoolhouse Pizza in North Aurora?

We're just up the river a bit in St. Charles. Not familiar with the pizza place, but these days there are all sorts of joints with multiple screens showing all the games.
Happy birthday to mom & safe travels!

KYPack
12-23-2019, 09:15 AM
This is some great advice for Fritz, all righty.

Tank 40 years old and trying to scarf a student rate.

Tex, "I just dropped in to see what condition my DTV was in" again.

MTP invokes the famous California "4 Mexican households per dwelling special".

Fritz my brotha, just find a sports bar next to the racetrack. Tell momma the game went into to overtime when you stumble in at midnight.

MadtownPacker
12-23-2019, 10:16 AM
I’m thinking AntiTankPolarbear is 32-35 yrs old.

I will have to look into PBs attic scam suggestion.

Fritz don’t got the huevos to come home at midnight!

mmmdk
12-23-2019, 12:19 PM
Don't cross the streams.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-23-2019, 01:22 PM

Wish i was 32. I'm actually about the same age as the Great Arm of Butte.

Aging is an abomination. At 12, I blew out a knee playing pickup futbol, the game with a round ball. Knee regenerated on its own within a month.

Walked 12 hours a day for a month at 36; now having hip problems that won't go away.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-23-2019, 01:43 PM

Try calling and threatening to cancel your DTV subscription. They might call your bluff, but most likely, they'll offer you some discount package and/or free Sunday Ticket.

I cancelled my subscription the day after that infamous NFC title game loss to the Falconers. They offered the Tix for free the next season. Cancelled anyway. Didn't want to keep paying $100/mth just to watch the Simpsons and Family Guy in the offseason, especially when new episodes of the shows are available on Hulu for 12 bucks a month.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-23-2019, 02:08 PM
Wish i was 32. I'm actually about the same age as the Great Arm of Butte.

Aging is an abomination. At 12, I blew out a knee playing pickup futbol, the game with a round ball. Knee regenerated on its own within a month.

Walked 12 hours a day for a month at 36; now having hip problems that won't go away.

Ahh, 32, those were the days...

Anyway, there are many many sports streaming sites. If you have a smart tv, just connect directly, if not, connect via PC and run your video to the TV. Me, Going ice fishing for the 1st time in this weird winter, and then watch game as long as I can stay awake on one of the said sport streaming sites.

KYPack
12-23-2019, 02:37 PM

I will have to look into PBs attic scam suggestion.

Fritz don’t got the huevos to come home at midnight!

36 or so. Say 40, that really bothers the 30 somethings.

PB's idea kinda borders on mail fraud. The judge would have to be really pissed off to nail you for it, but they don't want you pulling that kind of shit.

Fritz
12-23-2019, 03:06 PM
This is some great advice for Fritz, all righty.

Tank 40 years old and trying to scarf a student rate.

Tex, "I just dropped in to see what condition my DTV was in" again.

MTP invokes the famous California "4 Mexican households per dwelling special".

Fritz my brotha, just find a sports bar next to the racetrack. Tell momma the game went into to overtime when you stumble in at midnight.

That is about as accurate a summary as can be written.

No John Lennon song ever did as much for world peace as this thread has.

Thank you, Rats. I love you, you crazy f÷@&=rs.

pbmax
12-23-2019, 03:22 PM
Ahh, 32, those were the days...

Anyway, there are many many sports streaming sites. If you have a smart tv, just connect directly, if not, connect via PC and run your video to the TV. Me, Going ice fishing for the 1st time in this weird winter, and then watch game as long as I can stay awake on one of the said sport streaming sites.

Going to be 48 tomorrow, 50 on XMas. Ice fishing here will have to wait.

pbmax
12-23-2019, 03:22 PM
36 or so. Say 40, that really bothers the 30 somethings.

PB's idea kinda borders on mail fraud. The judge would have to be really pissed off to nail you for it, but they don't want you pulling that kind of shit.

Im not saying. I'm just saying.

ThunderDan
12-23-2019, 04:54 PM
Going to be 48 tomorrow, 50 on XMas. Ice fishing here will have to wait.

Actually, my niece's boyfriend went ice fishing on Saturday morning and caught the limit. Have to find a bay or small inlet. The big lakes wont freeze for a while.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-23-2019, 06:07 PM
Actually, my niece's boyfriend went ice fishing on Saturday morning and caught the limit. Have to find a bay or small inlet. The big lakes wont freeze for a while.

All the lakes up here are frozen. You just have to be careful cause we got so much snow. Anyway, go packers! (In case I fall asleep)