PDA

View Full Version : Would you consider the Packers to be the Dark horse to win the NFC?

Vincenzo
12-24-2019, 05:25 PM
Guys are trying to convince me now that because the Packers flew under the radar this season they’re now the dark horse to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.
I kinda tag the New Orleans Saints to be more of a dark horse.
What do you think?

Freak Out
12-24-2019, 05:40 PM
I think the Saints were up there as a favorite along with the Rams and Cowboys...don't think the Pack were placed very high so I'd say dark horse....now? Not so sure.

Vincenzo
12-24-2019, 06:05 PM
Current NFC Championship Odds at BetOnline

Team Odds at BetOnline
San Francisco 49ers +175
New Orleans Saints +200
Green Bay Packers +500
Seattle Seahawks +700
Minnesota Vikings +1600
Philadelphia Eagles +1600

MadtownPacker
12-24-2019, 07:15 PM
That list seems about right. Seattle and SF would be interchangeable based on seed of course.

I think the Packers should be considered a surprise team due to their record and new coach.

smuggler
12-24-2019, 07:27 PM
Those odds make us seem like the Dark Horse, especially since we will likely have a bye and a home game.

woodbuck27
12-24-2019, 08:21 PM
I really like our chances and defeating The Lions and of course we need ' the Beast Mode' Seattle to defeat the 49ers in week 17.

Green Bay is a tough venue in the Playoffs.

Dark Horse pfffff; it's the playoffs.

texaspackerbacker
12-25-2019, 01:07 AM
New Orleans is overrated. The Niners are the biggest threat, and if we can get them at Lambeau, even they aren't that scary.

scharpcheddar
12-25-2019, 04:02 AM
point blank- Packers have no chance in hell of getting past San Fran

Fritz
12-25-2019, 06:25 AM
I don't like all this racist talk.

RashanGary
12-25-2019, 06:51 AM
That list seems about right. Seattle and SF would be interchangeable based on seed of course.

I think the Packers should be considered a surprise team due to their record and new coach.

Yep. Gonna be a good week 17 for packer fans. 1 seed is in reach

Bretsky
12-25-2019, 02:01 PM
Yep. Gonna be a good week 17 for packer fans. 1 seed is in reach

Get the one seed and our chances of making the big show are decent.

The Shadow
12-25-2019, 02:12 PM
I think team mindset has a lot to do with it. The Pack has been claiming all season that they have not yet put together the complete package yet - and now they just might be putting it all together. Getting hot heading into the playoffs - and having a lot of confidence - is a great momentum thing.

bobblehead
12-25-2019, 02:44 PM
point blank- Packers have no chance in hell of getting past San Fran

That is a false statement. Its an opinion I can understand, but point blank? As in you don't even consider the possibility? Do you watch much football?

Vincenzo
12-25-2019, 04:09 PM
I think team mindset has a lot to do with it. The Pack has been claiming all season that they have not yet put together the complete package yet - and now they just might be putting it all together. Getting hot heading into the playoffs - and having a lot of confidence - is a great momentum thing.
Pretty amazing how the spread at the Lions game this Sunday can be seen as high as 13.5 points.
Experts clearly saw a confidence with the Packers after the Vikings game and consequently the team’s stock suddenly shot upward. There’s now a real silence coming from the Packer nay-sayers.

I agree with you that momentum and let me add confidence are important at this point in time.
Also think it makes them black horse contenders coming this New Year.

RashanGary
12-25-2019, 11:03 PM
Packer defense is 9th in ppg on the season. A big game against Detroit and they could be pushing for top 6-7ish and trending up.

Offense is getting better.

Pack have a shot

Harlan Huckleby
12-26-2019, 12:55 AM
Packers are rated highly because Aaron Rodgers still has a reputation as a great QB around the league. The homers who watch every game see an average passing game. I think Rodgers is still damn good but he can't carry an average receiving group anymore. Defense just made Minnesota look sick, but I wonder if Vikings are just bad offensively.

I vote bah humbug.

scharpcheddar
12-26-2019, 01:31 AM
That is a false statement. Its an opinion I can understand, but point blank? As in you don't even consider the possibility? Do you watch much football?

you need to finally stop watching sports like a 12 year old boy. Its a billion dollar entertainment business. No, I'm not giving an opinion.Its a predetermined fact. After watching sports for35 years, I know what to look for and what not to. The Packers will nothing more than lose in the playoffs.

scharpcheddar
12-26-2019, 01:32 AM
Packers are rated highly because Aaron Rodgers still has a reputation as a great QB around the league. The homers who watch every game see an average passing game. I think Rodgers is still damn good but he can't carry an average receiving group anymore. Defense just made Minnesota look sick, but I wonder if Vikings are just bad offensively.

I vote bah humbug.

packers defense barely had anything to do with it. Cousins just kept throwing the ball at the ground for fun. Packers D didnt have to do anything

bobblehead
12-26-2019, 07:53 AM
you need to finally stop watching sports like a 12 year old boy. Its a billion dollar entertainment business. No, I'm not giving an opinion.Its a predetermined fact. After watching sports for35 years, I know what to look for and what not to. The Packers will nothing more than lose in the playoffs.

So San Fran wins the superbowl? No doubt in your mind. Or is it someone else since its predetermined?

I live in Las Vegas and bet sports regular. I assure you i don't watch like a 12 year old boy. I am well aware of reasons the Packers won't get out of the first round, much less run the table. My hunch is they let the fan base down big time in the playoffs, but since I have been watching SINCE I was a 12 year old boy I also can see scenarios where they win it all. Momentum is a funny thing. 2 things can happen. 1) They can wilt the minute the D has to face a real QB and offense causing a letdown feeling that steam rolls into an embarrassing defeat. 2) That D has gained so much confidence that they dominate OLines like they have the last couple weeks and it won't matter who is playing QB, the belief that they are a top defense permeates and they keep shutting teams down even when the competition is better.

You say the D didn't do anything and Cousins kept throwing the ball into the ground. I say there was a bad man named Z that haunted him on every pass play and made him throw early and poorly.

ThunderDan
12-26-2019, 08:23 AM
I put 3 bets down on the Packers this year when I was in Vegas.
Packers to win the North
Packers to win the NFC
Packers to win the Super Bowl

Packers were 2-1 to win the North in June. I have now covered all of my bets. I hope I get to cash the other two.

George Cumby
12-26-2019, 09:22 AM
Still not sold on this team.

BUT: they seem to be peaking at the right time.

BUT: Rodgers is still not as sharp as I'd like to see him. His throwing motion looks off.

The Shadow
12-26-2019, 10:08 AM
I think Za'Darius Smith is actually the key to the Packers' playoff run. Know how the mark of a great QB is making the players around him better? I think that's what Smith is doing with the defense. Suddenly, the Packers D feels it has a wrecking ball stifling opposing offenses - and the Dean Lowrys, Kyler Fackrells and Tyler Lancasters seem to be feeding off it. In addition, the secondary also seems to be playing with a nice swagger.

texaspackerbacker
12-26-2019, 10:12 AM
Yes on the first BUT. Mostly no on the second one. He mostly is just still his hyper-cautious self - thankfully, and the receivers a lot of times don't get open, especially deep., not to mention missing some very catchable passes. And even though the O Line is better, it still fails to keep rushers out too many times an d fails to open holes for the run, outside runs especially, way too often.

George Cumby
12-26-2019, 01:35 PM
I think Za'Darius Smith is actually the key to the Packers' playoff run. Know how the mark of a great QB is making the players around him better? I think that's what Smith is doing with the defense. Suddenly, the Packers D feels it has a wrecking ball stifling opposing offenses - and the Dean Lowrys, Kyler Fackrells and Tyler Lancasters seem to be feeding off it. In addition, the secondary also seems to be playing with a nice swagger.

Maybe Z should be the Baconator.

Checked King's stats thus far this year:

54 Tackles
1 Forced Fumble
1 Sack
5 Picks

Not bad.

scharpcheddar
12-26-2019, 01:45 PM
So San Fran wins the superbowl? No doubt in your mind. Or is it someone else since its predetermined?

I live in Las Vegas and bet sports regular. I assure you i don't watch like a 12 year old boy. I am well aware of reasons the Packers won't get out of the first round, much less run the table. My hunch is they let the fan base down big time in the playoffs, but since I have been watching SINCE I was a 12 year old boy I also can see scenarios where they win it all. Momentum is a funny thing. 2 things can happen. 1) They can wilt the minute the D has to face a real QB and offense causing a letdown feeling that steam rolls into an embarrassing defeat. 2) That D has gained so much confidence that they dominate OLines like they have the last couple weeks and it won't matter who is playing QB, the belief that they are a top defense permeates and they keep shutting teams down even when the competition is better.

You say the D didn't do anything and Cousins kept throwing the ball into the ground. I say there was a bad man named Z that haunted him on every pass play and made him throw early and poorly.

its a reality tv show, not a competition. There is no scenario/chance where Packers can win.
I was making a joke about Cousins because thats basically what he did lol. its his role to suck in prime time obviously.
yep, 49ers. Packers are at least getting to join the 100 playoffs party because they are older/oldest team. but theyve won so many championships that the league wont do something so storyline cliche as having them win SB for season 100.

Zool
12-26-2019, 03:49 PM
You must be fun at parties.

pbmax
12-26-2019, 03:56 PM
its a reality tv show, not a competition. There is no scenario/chance where Packers can win.
I was making a joke about Cousins because thats basically what he did lol. its his role to suck in prime time obviously.
yep, 49ers. Packers are at least getting to join the 100 playoffs party because they are older/oldest team. but theyve won so many championships that the league wont do something so storyline cliche as having them win SB for season 100.

I think you want to post here: https://www.fanfiction.net

Patler
12-26-2019, 04:30 PM
Arguing that a team will NOT win the Super Bowl is a pretty safe position to take. It takes no insight, analysis or knowledge. The odds are firmly on your side, even after the team has made the playoffs.

Vincenzo
12-26-2019, 04:48 PM
Arguing that a team will NOT win the Super Bowl is a pretty safe position to take. It takes no insight, analysis or knowledge. The odds are firmly on your side, even after the team has made the playoffs.
I noticed you seem to always nail it right on the head.

After the Vikings game I heard LaFleur refer to setting goals at this particular point in time. I guess he’s thinking that if his team wins 3 games in a row they’re in the Super Bowl..

scharpcheddar
12-26-2019, 07:09 PM

forgive me thats a bunch of two sided anti intellectual drivel.
This has nothing to do with getting lucky makinf a pick. It has to do with- if thats what the nfl wants, thats what will happen.
it takes 3 years of insight abd knowledge on my part. discovering and understanding whats happening. I have insight to know its fake. You dont.
no the odds arent on my side. I have 10 chances to be wrong because I say only Niners vs Pats.
but again, my picks arent what proves or disproves its staged. Its staged regardless.
its amazing that people have seen the Saints games in the playoffs the last two years. The Pats ,Atl SB. the recent Niners- Saints game this season.. yet still cant figure out its just a show wwe.

scharpcheddar
12-26-2019, 07:10 PM
I think you want to post here: https://www.fanfiction.net
nope. I'm exactly where I should be. I'm talking real sports. Youre talking pretend fiction.

Zool
12-26-2019, 07:17 PM
Why are you watching live and spending time in a board dedicated to a fake sport?

scharpcheddar
12-26-2019, 07:25 PM
Why are you watching live and spending time in a board dedicated to a fake sport?

why does anyone watch a movie or wwe? Entertainment.
i still like sports aesthetics. Been a fan since I was a kid. I already know what its like to believe a lie in other more serious aspects of life. this is small potatoes.
I still like electric football. I like sports uniform and helmets history, Sports collectables. I wear jerseys around the house. I like the over all presentation of sports.
I just dont waste personal emotion on it anymore. its male bonding fun. not gonna hate or change my friends over it lol. I'm not hanging out with the wine and cheese crowd or Star wars geeks.

Teamcheez1
12-26-2019, 07:37 PM
i still like sports aesthetics. Been a fan since I was a kid. I already know what its like to believe a lie in other more serious aspects of life. this is small potatoes.
I still like electric football. I like sports uniform and helmets history, Sports collectables. I wear jerseys around the house. I like the over all presentation of sports.
I just dont waste personal emotion on it anymore. its male bonding fun. not gonna hate or change my friends over it lol. I'm not hanging out with the wine and cheese crowd or Star wars geeks.

Are you the smoking man from XFiles?

scharpcheddar
12-26-2019, 07:45 PM
Are you the smoking man from XFiles?

I'm the common sense ,critical thinker, from the here and now.
never watched that show, so i have no clue who that is anyway lol

George Cumby
12-26-2019, 08:15 PM
Who's alt account is scharpcheddar?

Joemailman
12-26-2019, 11:22 PM

call_me_ishmael
12-26-2019, 11:55 PM

Pretty much this. I view NO and SF as neck-and-neck. I think both teams are probably better than the Packers, but I have to imagine the Packers are much better and closer to the Niners than the box score showed.

I like Seattle beating SF this week at home. If the Packers win, do they get homefield then? That certainly changes things for them. The Packers looked really darn good against what I believe to be a pretty good Minnesota team. People don't give Kirk Cousins enough credit. He has torn the Packers up before and surely will do it again at some point in the future. He has a lot of weapons in Minne too.

scharpcheddar
12-27-2019, 01:12 AM
Pretty much this. I view NO and SF as neck-and-neck. I think both teams are probably better than the Packers, but I have to imagine the Packers are much better and closer to the Niners than the box score showed.

I like Seattle beating SF this week at home. If the Packers win, do they get homefield then? That certainly changes things for them. The Packers looked really darn good against what I believe to be a pretty good Minnesota team. People don't give Kirk Cousins enough credit. He has torn the Packers up before and surely will do it again at some point in the future. He has a lot of weapons in Minne too.

oh, for the love of....
37-8 is not "closer than the box score showed." its a effing blow out.

hoosier
12-27-2019, 07:36 AM
Who's alt account is scharpcheddar?

Remember Snake? This is his cerebral alter ego.

Radagast
12-27-2019, 08:19 AM
oh, for the love of....
37-8 is not "closer than the box score showed." its a effing blow out.

True enough, SF simply bitch slapped GB in that game. The question now is weather GB learned and got better as a result, especially on Defense? IMO, they did learn from it and have raised their core level of play as the playoffs draw near. The Packer D began the season like gangbusters and then Teams like the Eagles,Chargers, and 49ers found ways to beat the Packer D. As a result, more deceptive defensive sets were required and not are part of the standard GB D. That does not mean that the Lions or GB's playoff opponents won't find areas to take advantage of. Overall the GB D should show well the remainder of this year.

My concern lies with GB's WRs. The QB, RB, and even the TE positions look playoff ready, but GB's WRs have made few highlight videos this season. Lets hold hope that they will play beyond what we have seen from them this season.

The Pack has earned few style points this season, but have steadily marched to an impressive W/L record. Detroit should fall to GB and hopefully give GB a top playoff seed and a bye week to rest/heal/and prepare for the playoffs.

:pack:

George Cumby
12-27-2019, 08:35 AM

So long as we don't hear about his sexual prowess/exploits, it's all good.

pbmax
12-27-2019, 08:43 AM
This has nothing to do with getting lucky makinf a pick. It has to do with- if thats what the nfl wants, thats what will happen.
it takes 3 years of insight abd knowledge on my part. discovering and understanding whats happening. I have insight to know its fake. You dont.
no the odds arent on my side. I have 10 chances to be wrong because I say only Niners vs Pats.
but again, my picks arent what proves or disproves its staged. Its staged regardless.
its amazing that people have seen the Saints games in the playoffs the last two years. The Pats ,Atl SB. the recent Niners- Saints game this season.. yet still cant figure out its just a show wwe.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/boy-on-dock-with-fishing-rod-reeling-in-fish-side-view-picture-id200153881-006?s=2048x2048

pbmax
12-27-2019, 08:46 AM

Hola amigos, been a while since I rapped at ya...

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_320/k5quyoiw9ttt5i7zzmss.jpg

pbmax
12-27-2019, 08:55 AM
Went looking for the mind blowing GIF, found a better one.

https://media.giphy.com/media/fx2i4X1QPrUoMaoRwR/giphy.gif

esoxx
12-27-2019, 09:11 AM
I have insight to know its fake.

What is this insight you speak of?

Zool
12-27-2019, 09:42 AM

It comes from the planet right after Saturn.

Zool
12-27-2019, 09:42 AM

Okay, then stop being such a bitch about it? Do you go to a WWE forum explaining how you have evidence that it's fake?

Vincenzo
12-27-2019, 10:06 AM
Okay, then stop being such a bitch about it? Do you go to a WWE forum explaining how you have evidence that it's fake?
His trolling just served to derail the topic.....suggesting that the NFL playoff winner is predetermined is “museum quality stupidity.”

ThunderDan
12-27-2019, 10:25 AM
His trolling just served to derail the topic.....suggesting that the NFL playoff winner is predetermined is “museum quality stupidity.”

I'll take the bet against a SF-Patriots Super Bowl. In fact, since it is fixed he should be willing to give me at least 20-1 odds, because he is guaranteed to win the bet.

I'll put $100 down at 20-1.

Joemailman
12-27-2019, 10:29 AM
That defensive performance against the Vikings had a different feel to it. That would have been a shutout if the offense didn't turn the ball over twice inside their 30 yard line. Only 1 bad play all night, (the TD that was called back), and that was negated by a great rush by Fackrell that forced a holding penalty.

The terrible performance against 49ers is I think a bit of an anomaly. Bulaga went out early, and Bakhtiari had a terrible game. They've both been outstanding since. And while the Packers defense has improved lately, the 49ers defense has given up 105 points in their last 3 games. Yes, I'm saying the Packers could compete with the 49ers in a playoff game. Even if the game is played out there.

MadtownPacker
12-27-2019, 10:36 AM
I like scharpcheddar!

Like a fucking high school, so damn cliquish when folks want to mix it up with all you FAKE sports “experts” :lol:.

MadtownPacker
12-27-2019, 10:44 AM
I witnessed the dismantling in San Jose and have seen nearly all the 49ers game since. They have fallen and are ripe for the picking. Their strengths (defense) are beat up and their weakness (on offense) are still there. Since that time the Packers have done what I had hoped they would do that day at Levi stadium. Ball control, long drives, short passes to mix with the run.

49ers peaked when they clobbered GB. Too soon and now Packers are looking like the hot team. Few weeks ago I didn’t want them to have to met SF again. Now I look forward to it.

Zool
12-27-2019, 10:46 AM
I like scharpcheddar!

Like a fucking high school, so damn cliquish when folks want to mix it up with all you FAKE sports “experts” :lol:.

Of course you like him. You love it when someone here knows less about football than you.

George Cumby
12-27-2019, 11:13 AM
I like scharpcheddar!

BS.

You like that insipid white Mexican "cheese". More like thickened skim milk. :-)

I, however, being a native Chessehead, appreciate some aged curdled milk.

If he's not just a troll, we want him around.

If you guys haven't noticed, our list of friends grows thin.

MadtownPacker
12-27-2019, 12:20 PM
Of course you like him. You love it when someone here knows less about football than you.There are a lot here who know tons about Xs and Os (you and Tex) but the ones with observational skills and the ability to adjust their thinking are very few (examples Nutz, Patler, and KYPack). Not sure what I bring to the party, consultant stuff maybe.

I like all opinions and don’t care about your post count or how long you have been here. You won’t catch me repeating the same tired “you must be fun at parties” diss either. I try to put a little more effort into my insults.

Few weeks back I got shit for saying Rodgers is messing up by trying to throw deep so much and not taking what the defense gives him. But fast forward a few weeks and all the “experts” are talking about how was in control the field spreading the ball around.

MadtownPacker
12-27-2019, 12:34 PM
BS.

You like that insipid white Mexican "cheese". More like thickened skim milk. :-)

I, however, being a native Chessehead, appreciate some aged curdled milk.

If he's not just a troll, we want him around.

If you guys haven't noticed, our list of friends grows thin.Panela is great and if you don’t like it you might be a dairy discriminating cheese snob! It is white how can you not like it? Stay away from tortillas, beans and carnitas too bitch!

If he is a troll it just means you chumps get hooked easily. Wanting everyone on the same page is whack. Battle back I say but the “you don’t belong on this website” shit I have seen from a few posters lately has had me ready to pull THEIR plug for thinking they decide who is and isn’t welcome.

Vincenzo
12-27-2019, 01:00 PM
Here’s the latest from Odds Shark:

Odds To Win Super Bowl 54

Baltimore Ravens +225
New England Patriots +550
San Francisco 49ers +550
New Orleans Saints +575
Kansas City Chiefs +650
Green Bay Packers +1000
Seattle Seahawks +1400
Minnesota Vikings +3000
Philadelphia Eagles +3500
Houston Texans +3500
Buffalo Bills +5000
Dallas Cowboys +6000
Tennessee Titans +8000
Pittsburgh Steelers +10000
Oakland Raiders +35000

pbmax
12-27-2019, 01:52 PM
I like scharpcheddar!

Sounds like something sharpcheddar might say.

Hmmm.

MadtownPacker
12-27-2019, 02:20 PM
Sounds like something sharpcheddar might say.

Hmmm.Its does huh!! :lol:

But I read that one post about “its a reality tv show not a competition” and it was truly disturbing! Mind bending like outer limits level. I gotta give him credit for the creativity and making my mind twist for a bit. :lol:

Let’s say he is correct he is still wrong in that the NFL would not have the Packers win SB 100. The team that’s won the 1st wins the 100th seems like good marketing. Fix it so it’s Rodgers vs Brady and you have the marquee matchup of the century worthy of the occasion.

I’m kinda feeling that could happen anyways. If not then ARod vs Lamar Jackson or the State Farm’s bowl, Rodgers vs Mahomie!

George Cumby
12-27-2019, 02:26 PM
For marketing purposes, I think Cowpukes and Patriots would be the NFL's wet dream.

texaspackerbacker
12-27-2019, 02:48 PM
I say again, the Packers are peaking at the right time. Who would have picked the Packers the Super Bowl year coming from the 6th seed? Of course, it could be like the following year too - top seed and early out. I don't know what we will do with the Ravens if we get there, but at this stage of the season, I feel like we can handle everybody else, even the Niners, even if we have to play them at their place.

Madtown, me and x's and o's? I coached a lot of peewee football way back in the split backfield days, but I don't consider myself much of an expert there. On the other hand, I won't take a backseat to anybody on what you call observational skills and ability NOT to adjust according to the way the wind is blowing, etc. I'd say change sucks, except you might accuse me of the p word hahahahaha.

pbmax
12-27-2019, 03:18 PM
I will say this: its clear the pass blocking suffers on the road. Home field would help the pass game immensely.

gbgary
12-27-2019, 04:34 PM
Would you consider the Packers to be the Dark horse to win the NFC?

definitely. right there with phi/dal/min.

gbgary
12-27-2019, 04:47 PM
I say again, the Packers are peaking at the right time.

peaking? they're no better now than they were game one. the O's been on a meh plateau all year. the D's been pretty good as a whole. gives up yards but not a lot of points. their record is very deceiving.

Zool
12-27-2019, 07:37 PM
There are a lot here who know tons about Xs and Os (you and Tex) but the ones with observational skills and the ability to adjust their thinking are very few (examples Nutz, Patler, and KYPack). Not sure what I bring to the party, consultant stuff maybe.

I like all opinions and don’t care about your post count or how long you have been here. You won’t catch me repeating the same tired “you must be fun at parties” diss either. I try to put a little more effort into my insults.

Few weeks back I got shit for saying Rodgers is messing up by trying to throw deep so much and not taking what the defense gives him. But fast forward a few weeks and all the “experts” are talking about how was in control the field spreading the ball around.

Now I’m hurt. Me and Tex?

texaspackerbacker
12-27-2019, 07:44 PM
yeah, me too.

texaspackerbacker
12-27-2019, 07:45 PM
peaking? they're no better now than they were game one. the O's been on a meh plateau all year. the D's been pretty good as a whole. gives up yards but not a lot of points. their record is very deceiving.

Yeah, it should be 14-2. No way they shoulda lost that Eagles game.

MadtownPacker
12-27-2019, 10:35 PM
Now I’m hurt. Me and Tex?

yeah, me too.
Consider yourselves trolled mfers!!! :lol:

My apologies, we must be hardest on those we love the most. I used the most hurtful thing I could think of for you both.:trll:

Here is a song dedicated to just the two of you:

https://youtu.be/cLQox8e9688

bobblehead
12-28-2019, 12:52 AM

You really should move to vegas since you got it all figured out. You could make a killing betting sports.

scharpcheddar
12-28-2019, 01:27 AM

you cant prove me wrong. Insulting me isnt a counter argument. Theres no trolling involved. Just an adult with a view you are incredibly in denial about.
you should be asking yourself- why do you have faith in a billion dollar industry being honest? That, my friend, is the ultimate in museum quality stupidity.
calling me a troll is childish,ignorant, asinine. What I am is a intelligent skeptic. I'm your best friend being honest with you. But you cant afford to have your world view destroyed.
its a billion dollar entertainment business. Not a honest competition by any stretch. People dont become billionaires through hard honest work. They do it by making sure everything goes exactly as planned. Screwing anyone and everyone over in the process.

scharpcheddar
12-28-2019, 01:31 AM
You really should move to vegas since you got it all figured out. You could make a killing betting sports.
Its like any movie.
Knowing its staged doesnt mean knowing the outcome every time.
why dont you learn some real football history and realize who Halas, Bidwell and Rooney were associated with when they started.

pbmax
12-28-2019, 08:40 AM
Yeah, it should be 14-2. No way they shoulda lost that Eagles game.

Exactly.

Personally, I'd be insulted as a Packer if Gary compared me to Dallas and Minnesota. Pretty sure that will be true after the (possible) Eagles rematch.

And apologies in advance tex, I am rooting hard for the Boys to fall out of the playoffs. If I was a bit more calculating, I'd root for them to squeak in. :lol:

pbmax
12-28-2019, 08:46 AM
Hmmm. Posting at 1:27 AM CST time, under an hour after bobble.

Bobble, the poster is in the house!

scharpcheddar
12-28-2019, 06:30 PM
Of course you like him. You love it when someone here knows less about football than you.

until you realize you are watching entertainment and not competition. I know much more about pro football than you.
Sorry, but it's the truth

scharpcheddar
12-28-2019, 06:33 PM
Its does huh!! :lol:

But I read that one post about “its a reality tv show not a competition” and it was truly disturbing! Mind bending like outer limits level. I gotta give him credit for the creativity and making my mind twist for a bit. :lol:

Let’s say he is correct he is still wrong in that the NFL would not have the Packers win SB 100. The team that’s won the 1st wins the 100th seems like good marketing. Fix it so it’s Rodgers vs Brady and you have the marquee matchup of the century worthy of the occasion.

I’m kinda feeling that could happen anyways. If not then ARod vs Lamar Jackson or the State Farm’s bowl, Rodgers vs Mahomie!

State Farm = SF.

George Cumby
12-28-2019, 07:56 PM
until you realize you are watching entertainment and not competition. I know much more about pro football than you.
Sorry, but it's the truth

That settles it, then.

esoxx
12-28-2019, 08:45 PM

I have insight to know its fake.

Still waiting.

esoxx
12-28-2019, 08:58 PM
And listen muh man, sharpcheddar, I'm the one here saying since the Viking game early last season in Lambeau, the Clay Matthews "roughing the passer" game, that the NFL is one step below the WWE. They're not full blown fixed games, not even close. But what the NFL has become, and that game last year is my demarcation line, is a game with a flawed outcome due to too much regulation of the game, which means too much power in the hands of the referees to decide the outcome.

It's way out of control and the Matthews game proved it. It proved the game isn't decided on the field with play, but rather on the whim of the referee. Our own RashanGary learned this lesson the hard way when he lost money on the Dallas-NE game this season by two phantom tripping calls. When you have money on the game, you tend to notice these type of things.

So instead of having the greatest athletes on the planet decide games, we have refs, who are as confused about the odious amount of rules as anyone else, decide the games. It's weak and disturbing. See the NFC Championship Game last year for further evidence of ref influence and flawed outcomes.

It's a damn shame really. And the cherry on top, each offseason the NFL Rules Competition Committee meets to decide how they can come with EVEN MORE RULES to further dilute a once glorious game.

It really is sickening.

pbmax
12-28-2019, 11:14 PM
And listen muh man, sharpcheddar, I'm the one here saying since the Viking game early last season in Lambeau, the Clay Matthews "roughing the passer" game, that the NFL is one step below the WWE. They're not full blown fixed games, not even close. But what the NFL has become, and that game last year is my demarcation line, is a game with a flawed outcome due to too much regulation of the game, which means too much power in the hands of the referees to decide the outcome.

It's way out of control and the Matthews game proved it. It proved the game isn't decided on the field with play, but rather on the whim of the referee. Our own RashanGary learned this lesson the hard way when he lost money on the Dallas-NE game this season by two phantom tripping calls. When you have money on the game, you tend to notice these type of things.

So instead of having the greatest athletes on the planet decide games, we have refs, who are as confused about the odious amount of rules as anyone else, decide the games. It's weak and disturbing. See the NFC Championship Game last year for further evidence of ref influence and flawed outcomes.

It's a damn shame really. And the cherry on top, each offseason the NFL Rules Competition Committee meets to decide how they can come with EVEN MORE RULES to further dilute a once glorious game.

It really is sickening.

This has been the complaint since the beginning. The only thing that has changed are the particular penalty calls.

Very random and luck driven. But people always remember what screwed them or their bet (Fail Mary or Matthews roughing)

esoxx
12-29-2019, 12:06 AM
This has been the complaint since the beginning. The only thing that has changed are the particular penalty calls.

Very random and luck driven. But people always remember what screwed them or their bet (Fail Mary or Matthews roughing)

Nope. You're missing my point.

I get there's always been missed calls since the beginning, given the human element. Inadvertent whistles, missed fumbles, and the like. But the threshold was breached in the Matthews game. That was different. The ref didn't know how to interpret his own rules and threw his flag and decided the outcome. That's the difference.

"What's the definition of roughing"? LOL

Joke result. Cue the WWE intro music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aOQMWSsSAM

Zool
12-29-2019, 02:23 AM
That settles it, then.

It sure does. He’s also better looking, makes more money, and has a smaller dick.

pbmax
12-29-2019, 08:32 AM

I get there's always been missed calls since the beginning, given the human element. Inadvertent whistles, missed fumbles, and the like. But the threshold was breached in the Matthews game. That was different. The ref didn't know how to interpret his own rules and threw his flag and decided the outcome. That's the difference.

[video=youtuM[/video]

Its a bad call. The source of the bad call doesn't change its impact.

If there are more flags, then I can see an argument that there is a greater chance of affecting the outcomes. A percentage increase.

But while refs are the source now of the confusion, I am not sure there are substantially more penalties now than in the 70s when the Raiders gleefully committed them.

I'd bet there is a writeup about that somewhere, but I wonder if the data go back that far.

I do agree that the refs being the source of confusion, rather than outlaw Raider players, gives the game a comical sheen it did not used to have. And that makes their job harder.

Vincenzo
12-29-2019, 08:41 AM
Out of the 256 regular season games, how many of those games are impacted so much so by officiating that a given team actually loses instead of wins?
Let’s cherry pick now and say 10-15?
Saying that the NFL is now the WWE and the results are predetermined is not only hyperbole but also horse shit malarkey.
NFL Football is an imperfect game and this fan isn’t buying ANY of that conspiracy theory nonsense
ie. The JFK Assassination, the 911 cover-up, Area 51 and the aliens, even the moon landings were faked.

bobblehead
12-29-2019, 09:13 AM
Its like any movie.
Knowing its staged doesnt mean knowing the outcome every time.
why dont you learn some real football history and realize who Halas, Bidwell and Rooney were associated with when they started.

So you being wrong about everything all the time doesn't mean you don't know what the hell you are talking about it simply means they "staged" it differently than you thought they would...got it. Of course you basically said "NO WAY POSSIBLE" packers are the staged to win it team refuting your own logic.

EDITED by pbmax. Please take displeasure about labor employment to FYI. Thank you and continue.

Its not provable. Which is basically what you are saying here. You are all stupid, and I'm going to frame it so you can't prove me wrong, so I'm smart, you're all dumb and you can't actually prove me wrong.

Nice.

bobblehead
12-29-2019, 09:16 AM
Hmmm. Posting at 1:27 AM CST time, under an hour after bobble.

Bobble, the poster is in the house!

Have you ever seen my posts littered with grammar/spelling errors? Say a before a vowel instead of an? Not capitalizing first letters? I get a tad sloppy sometimes, but not that bad.

bobblehead
12-29-2019, 09:18 AM

That was punishment for MM crying so much about the Barr hit that hurt Arod. Similar to the fact that you can review PI you babies, but we will ignore all evidence and stick with the call on the field.

bobblehead
12-29-2019, 09:20 AM
Out of the 256 regular season games, how many of those games are impacted so much so by officiating that a given team actually loses instead of wins?
Saying that the NFL is now the WWE and the results are predetermined is not only hyperbole but also horse shit malarkey.
NFL Football is an imperfect game and this fan isn’t buying ANY of that conspiracy theory nonsense
ie. The JFK Assassination, the 911 cover-up, Area 51 and the aliens, even the moon landings were faked.

I will admit that come playoff time the Patriots get a suspicious amount of defensive holding on failed 3rd and 8 calls that extend drive all while playing near penalty free ball. They are really a special team in their ability to play near perfectly penalty free football.

pbmax
12-29-2019, 09:28 AM
I will admit that come playoff time the Patriots get a suspicious amount of defensive holding on failed 3rd and 8 calls that extend drive all while playing near penalty free ball. They are really a special team in their ability to play near perfectly penalty free football.

Badgers do this year after year (mostly) on defense in basketball. Its just working with what refs will allow, I'm not surprised Cheat has figured this out.

George Cumby
12-29-2019, 11:02 AM

Good points.

Also. Three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead.

The conspiracy of silence is utterly improbable.

esoxx
12-29-2019, 11:25 AM

Its a bad call. The source of the bad call doesn't change its impact.

If there are more flags, then I can see an argument that there is a greater chance of affecting the outcomes. A percentage increase.

But while refs are the source now of the confusion, I am not sure there are substantially more penalties now than in the 70s when the Raiders gleefully committed them.

I'd bet there is a writeup about that somewhere, but I wonder if the data go back that far.

I do agree that the refs being the source of confusion, rather than outlaw Raider players, gives the game a comical sheen it did not used to have. And that makes their job harder.

Yes, it was a bad call due to their own making. At that point they had no idea what was or is roughing the passer. That's my simple point here. They over-regulated to the point of abomination. Why should there be any credence in the result when the league itself is in such a confused state on what is allowed, what isn't?

When you have to have a "rules expert" as part of the regular broadcast crew to provide some interpretation to what a call might be on the field, you know you've jumped the shark. We can all see the Matthews sack was not roughing, don't mess with us in what our eyes can clearly see. Thus, instead of a game sealing interception we had play continue with a subsequent tie to the game. Thus, a flawed result based on the NFL creating confusion to point the refs are calling weak stuff like that in a critical situation. Its just bogus.

scharpcheddar
12-29-2019, 11:04 PM
So you being wrong about everything all the time doesn't mean you don't know what the hell you are talking about it simply means they "staged" it differently than you thought they would...got it. Of course you basically said "NO WAY POSSIBLE" packers are the staged to win it team refuting your own logic.

EDITED by pbmax. Please take displeasure about labor employment to FYI. Thank you and continue.

Its not provable. Which is basically what you are saying here. You are all stupid, and I'm going to frame it so you can't prove me wrong, so I'm smart, you're all dumb and you can't actually prove me wrong.

Nice.

You think like a bully 8th grader. The fact is your critical thought is sorely lacking. If you could actually prove sports was staged. You'd be able to point directly at something and call it proof. But you cant. All you're capable of, is saying- gee whiz, how could they? You don't think they can, therefore they cant..that's not proof
That's hope and guessing.
Smart people don't keep excusing bad calls for 30 years. So blatantly wrong. They've dumbed down society so much that they don't question the last two years of Saints playoff games and the atl,Pats SB. Obey authority, even if/when wrong.
The Packers might make it to conf championship. But I can absolutely guarantee without failing, that they wont reach SB.
Its going to be Pats, SF, no matter what.
It's just tv sports. It's amazing how grown men act like your stabbing their wife ,when you say sports entertainment is just that.

pbmax
12-29-2019, 11:35 PM
Yes, it was a bad call due to their own making. At that point they had no idea what was or is roughing the passer. That's my simple point here. They over-regulated to the point of abomination. Why should there be any credence in the result when the league itself is in such a confused state on what is allowed, what isn't?

When you have to have a "rules expert" as part of the regular broadcast crew to provide some interpretation to what a call might be on the field, you know you've jumped the shark. We can all see the Matthews sack was not roughing, don't mess with us in what our eyes can clearly see. Thus, instead of a game sealing interception we had play continue with a subsequent tie to the game. Thus, a flawed result based on the NFL creating confusion to point the refs are calling weak stuff like that in a critical situation. Its just bogus.

Its a catch 22. The rule on QB hits is restrictive. The call from his angel was natural, even if Matthews was not in violation. But the best view of it was a different (camera) angel that the ref did not have.

If you change the rule so its obvious to officials, you get the Calvin Johnson rule. And that is what made rules experts a part of every broadcast.

You have to pick the audience you are serving: TV audience with endless replay and TV angels or the live audience and the refs.

bobblehead
01-01-2020, 09:24 AM

Nice.

Pb, if you want to delete my content I guess you can as monitor. Please leave your snarky comments out then. If the point is to eliminate inflaming snowflakes whining, then that kind of comment has the opposite effect. I used a fair example of staking a position that can't be proven. You and mad don't like that it was political in nature, fine, delete it without being a snarky bitch in the process. Ban me, fine me, whatever, but the way you did it is far worse than the "offense" I committed.

bobblehead
01-01-2020, 09:32 AM
You think like a bully 8th grader. The fact is your critical thought is sorely lacking. If you could actually prove sports was staged. You'd be able to point directly at something and call it proof. But you cant. All you're capable of, is saying- gee whiz, how could they? You don't think they can, therefore they cant..that's not proof
That's hope and guessing.
Smart people don't keep excusing bad calls for 30 years. So blatantly wrong. They've dumbed down society so much that they don't question the last two years of Saints playoff games and the atl,Pats SB. Obey authority, even if/when wrong.
The Packers might make it to conf championship. But I can absolutely guarantee without failing, that they wont reach SB.
Its going to be Pats, SF, no matter what.
It's just tv sports. It's amazing how grown men act like your stabbing their wife ,when you say sports entertainment is just that.

Very incoherent post to say the least. I am not acting like anything, I'm simply saying you have staked a ridiculous position that by definition can't be disproven within the parameters you set and then called us all morons for thinking you MIGHT be wrong. How about this. I agree that all sports put their finger on the scales of justice through officiating. The NBA is by far the worst actor. That does NOT mean its all staged.

What about baseball? They now use a computer to show you the strike zone and nearly every call is black and white, especially after replay. There is no pass interference, no questionable contact at the rim, no subjective calls whatsoever. Since they went to replay I would go so far as to say there has been a 99.9% accuracy in officiating. Is it rigged by the players themselves?

I have tried to use all examples that are not political, so as not to have the crux of my point deleted and replaced by snarkiness.

pbmax
01-01-2020, 09:39 AM
Pb, if you want to delete my content I guess you can as monitor. Please leave your snarky comments out then. If the point is to eliminate inflaming snowflakes whining, then that kind of comment has the opposite effect. I used a fair example of staking a position that can't be proven. You and mad don't like that it was political in nature, fine, delete it without being a snarky bitch in the process. Ban me, fine me, whatever, but the way you did it is far worse than the "offense" I committed.

While the job hasn't been too busy, I don't think its realistic to provide a custom experience for each user who might violate a rule.

My choice, perhaps different from Mad's, is to excise rather than delete. The comment I left in its place was not intended as a joke or snark. It was a to give some idea of what had been there and the reason for its removal and what could be done instead. Also to make clear you had not edited your own post; I don't want to leave that impression.

If this proves unpopular, I might move to just deleting. Past experience has convinced me its less popular, but others might not agree.

If we get into multiple replies to the original error, deleting might be the only time effecient method.

George Cumby
01-01-2020, 09:46 AM
^ You did the same to a couple of my posts. I wasn't thrilled but it didn't get me too riled up.

The easiest solution may be to delete any post that violates board rules. That was there's straight consistency. But I don't care too much one way or the other.

Zool
01-01-2020, 01:22 PM
While the job hasn't been too busy, I don't think its realistic to provide a custom experience for each user who might violate a rule.

My choice, perhaps different from Mad's, is to excise rather than delete. The comment I left in its place was not intended as a joke or snark. It was a to give some idea of what had been there and the reason for its removal and what could be done instead. Also to make clear you had not edited your own post; I don't want to leave that impression.

If this proves unpopular, I might move to just deleting. Past experience has convinced me its less popular, but others might not agree.

If we get into multiple replies to the original error, deleting might be the only time effecient method.

Do what you want PB. No matter what you choose, someone will bitch about it.

MadtownPacker
01-01-2020, 01:43 PM
Do what you want PB. No matter what you choose, someone will bitch about it.True. I usually do something like ** political comment removed ** with the asterisks so it stands out. Then hit up the poster on a PM. Maybe we need some admin handbooks. Pretty sure it will say PB did what he had to do per forum rules (which are minimal).

MadtownPacker
01-01-2020, 01:44 PM
^ You did the same to a couple of my posts. I wasn't thrilled but it didn't get me too riled up.

The easiest solution may be to delete any post that violates board rules. That was there's straight consistency. But I don't care too much one way or the other.So a repeat offender with priors huh? Pretty sure there are enhancement laws in place. Might even be a three striker.

Freak Out
01-01-2020, 02:47 PM
In PB we trust...not Madtown though....lol

Freak Out
01-01-2020, 02:48 PM
oh whooops! Did I violate something?

texaspackerbacker
01-01-2020, 03:10 PM
At the risk of being called a brown noser, I trust both of them. It's the imbecilic predecessor of pbmax that I didn't trust.

Joemailman
01-01-2020, 03:15 PM
In PB we trust...not Madtown though....lol

Fake news!

George Cumby
01-01-2020, 04:34 PM
So a repeat offender with priors huh? Pretty sure there are enhancement laws in place. Might even be a three striker.

Ban me MFer.

:-P:lol::thank::laugh::shock::mrgreen::drma::huh::-):wave::shtf:

bobblehead
01-02-2020, 02:25 PM

The easiest solution may be to delete any post that violates board rules. That was there's straight consistency. But I don't care too much one way or the other.

I actually wasn't too riled up (or bitchy as Zool said), I was pointing out that if I hurt feelings by using a legitimate example that happened to be political in nature then a snarky reply as its deleted probably had the opposite effect he was going for. I'm not mad at pb, or anyone. I was just trying to inform him that there is a better way to edit.

bobblehead
01-02-2020, 02:27 PM
At the risk of being called a brown noser, I trust both of them. It's the imbecilic predecessor of pbmax that I didn't trust.

I trust them both too. I would rather a free for all with no rules, but its not my site. I tend to love Pb's analysis and even Mads...certain way even if I'm on the receiving end of it.

ThunderDan
01-04-2020, 10:22 PM

Bump

scharpcheddar
01-05-2020, 02:46 AM
Bump

Quote Originally Posted by scharpcheddar View Post
==================================
Bump
===========================================

as I said.. my picks arent proof.
but things like the 2 Bills defenders running up to Watson and just falling down around him and letting him run away, is proof. You have to be brain dead to make excuses for that.

RashanGary
01-05-2020, 03:40 AM
Edited: Please take this post to FYI

pbmax

texaspackerbacker
01-05-2020, 06:24 AM
This crap is back again? How is all that shit not politics, and hence should be in FYI - except the two primary purveyors of the shit don't seem to have the balls to post in FYI.