PDA

View Full Version : THE PLAYOFFS and THE SB

Radagast
12-30-2019, 12:19 PM
As GB enjoys a well deserved bye/rest, I'll look forward to watching NO take Minnesota apart. Laughing all the way? True as it can ever be. LOL LOL LOL

The two birds (Seahawks/Eagles) will beat each other up in Philadelphia. I see Seattle surviving this heavyweight bought.

Should this all come to pass, SF will again play the Seahawks, but this time in SF for the Divisional Playoff round. SF to win and go on to host the NFC Championship game.

GB will host NO in their divisional round playoff game. IMO, the Saints win this game and will move on to play SF in the NFC Championship game.

NO plays Baltimore in the SB in Miami.

The New Orleans Saints win the Super Bowl game.

MadScientist
12-30-2019, 12:37 PM
Isn't it the playoffs and the SO around here?

As painful as it may seem, i guess we have to back rastak and root for the Vikings. Sea / Phi are much better match-up. Ultimate scenario Vikings beat SF too, and GB beats whoever, leading to GB-MN at Lambeau for the NFCC. (And for my remaining 2 wishes...)

Radagast
12-30-2019, 02:04 PM
I've expressed my opinion on the NFC Playoffs and my SB prediction as well. As glad as I am that GB has had a great season, I feel that they are still too weak to go all the way this season. NO, IMO, is this seasons most dangerous team. Yes Baltimore and SF and KC have very good teams, but the Saints have put it all together this season.

texaspackerbacker
12-30-2019, 03:32 PM
hahahaha Still some non-believers and negativists in here. That Lions game was enough to shake the faith of even an optimist. Just the same, I've seen enough good from the Packers late in the season to expect them to beat the Saints (who I consider overrated) if they are the first opponent. If not the Saints, Seattle should be very beatable too. For those of ya'all rooting for the Vikings, I think I'd prefer the Saints at Lambeau over the third chance for the Vikings, especially if they get Cook back. If it is the Vikings, though, we'll kick their ass too.

Then there's the Niners in San Fran ....... pretty hard to be optimistic about that. If we play D like we did late in the season (minus the Lions game), it could happen, though. And if we ended up in the big game against the Ravens, it would probably be a lot like Super Bowl I - everybody predicting the Ravens - with a similar result? Naw, even I can't predict that, not today anyway hahahaha.

Radagast
12-30-2019, 04:33 PM
To make it make it through the AFC or the NFC Playoffs and on to the SB, a team must excel in all areas of the game. Even against Detroit, the leagues worst secondary, GB WRs had trouble getting separation, securing passes that hit their hands, and incurred downfield blocking penalties. Furthermore, Rodgers passes have been falling short of their targets. It's like he has spent more time making commercials/banging Danica Patrick/and buying Malibu Beachfront homes instead of working on his craft.

Rodgers may devote more time now with his WRs/TEs/RBs, but he has not been the QB this season that teams feared so in past seasons. Still Lady Luck could smile on the Packers, but it's always better to better prepared than your opponent.

It's not a matter of being negative or a non-believer, but facing reality. GB earned no style points by barely squeaking past a poor team like the Lions and opponents will see it when they study the game videos. Were I LaFleur I would take advantage of the bye week to add a few plays that no team has seen so far this season from them.

HowardRoark
12-30-2019, 04:50 PM
hahahaha Still some non-believers and negativists in here. That Lions game was enough to shake the faith of even an optimist. Just the same, I've seen enough good from the Packers late in the season to expect them to beat the Saints (who I consider overrated) if they are the first opponent. If not the Saints, Seattle should be very beatable too. For those of ya'all rooting for the Vikings, I think I'd prefer the Saints at Lambeau over the third chance for the Vikings, especially if they get Cook back. If it is the Vikings, though, we'll kick their ass too.

Then there's the Niners in San Fran ....... pretty hard to be optimistic about that. If we play D like we did late in the season (minus the Lions game), it could happen, though. And if we ended up in the big game against the Ravens, it would probably be a lot like Super Bowl I - everybody predicting the Ravens - with a similar result? Naw, even I can't predict that, not today anyway hahahaha.

I’d prefer the Vikings, because that means we are in Championship game.

I want Vikings to go 2-1 and Philadelphia to win this weekend and us getting revenge on that game we shoulda won ....and yes, for my other two wishes too.

HarveyWallbangers
12-30-2019, 04:57 PM
Here's how I hope the playoffs play out

Green Bay over Philadelphia
Green Bay over Minnesota
Green Bay over Kansas City (my girlfriend is a Chiefs fan)

Bretsky
12-30-2019, 05:51 PM
To make it make it through the AFC or the NFC Playoffs and on to the SB, a team must excel in all areas of the game. Even against Detroit, the leagues worst secondary, GB WRs had trouble getting separation, securing passes that hit their hands, and incurred downfield blocking penalties. Furthermore, Rodgers passes have been falling short of their targets. It's like he has spent more time making commercials/banging Danica Patrick/and buying Malibu Beachfront homes instead of working on his craft.

Rodgers may devote more time now with his WRs/TEs/RBs, but he has not been the QB this season that teams feared so in past seasons. Still Lady Luck could smile on the Packers, but it's always better to better prepared than your opponent.

It's not a matter of being negative or a non-believer, but facing reality. GB earned no style points by barely squeaking past a poor team like the Lions and opponents will see it when they study the game videos. Were I LaFleur I would take advantage of the bye week to add a few plays that no team has seen so far this season from them.

Great Post

Freak Out
12-30-2019, 07:08 PM
People still don't believe this is possible.....people are going to be surprised.

Freak Out
12-30-2019, 07:09 PM
When someone includes commercials and girlfriends I stop reading.

Freak Out
12-30-2019, 07:10 PM
Fill the hot tub with lesbians Bretsky. It's time.

texaspackerbacker
12-30-2019, 07:59 PM
Whiners whine about reality hahahaha. Reality is 13-3. How we got there is speculation. LUCK does have a helluva lot to do with it, and not just for the Packers, and the same is true in the playoffs. Luck includes injuries and officiating among a lot other things.

Bretsky
12-30-2019, 10:02 PM

HA; The time for that is always now !

Radagast
12-30-2019, 10:04 PM
Great Post

Thanks Bretsky, but too many here believe that if they post the truth as well that they will somehow jinx the Packers. I too want to see the Packers succeed, but for them to win against teams like the Saints, 49ers, or (should a mericle occur) the Ravens would be a miracle indeed. They have, with the help of GM Gutekunst and HC LaFleur, greatly improved over last season. A few of the puzzle pieces are not in place yet as of this season. GB needs 1 or 2 high quality WRs as well as a new Right Tackle to replace Bulaga.

The Packers have taken an improved roster, a new HC, and a favorable schedule to a 13-3 reg season record that exceeds my expectations. IMO,they don't need to win any more to declare it a successful season.

Vincenzo
12-30-2019, 10:14 PM
IMO,they don't need to win any more to declare it a successful season.
Yikes, I gotta part ways with you LARGE right there. Improvement upon last season yes, but that ends it. Please don’t go any further and declare an improvement as good enough.
You’ll feel pain if they’re dismantled in an embarrassment in the first round. 2011 was a disaster, we went 15-1 and then were punched in the mouth by the Giants in the first round, right in front of our fans. Heck, Patriot fans don’t even want to talk about their 2007 season when they were 18-0 only to lose to the Giants in the Super Bowl......that team was one victory away from perfection.

call_me_ishmael
12-30-2019, 10:51 PM

LOL, post of the year

Radagast
12-30-2019, 11:29 PM
Yikes, I gotta part ways with you LARGE right there. Improvement upon last season yes, but that ends it. Please don’t go any further and declare an improvement as good enough.
You’ll feel pain if they’re dismantled in an embarrassment in the first round. 2011 was a disaster, we went 15-1 and then were punched in the mouth by the Giants in the first round, right in front of our fans. Heck, Patriot fans don’t even want to talk about their 2007 season when they were 18-0 only to lose to the Giants in the Super Bowl......that team was one victory away from perfection.

You and too many others can't see the forest for the trees. This 13-3 GB team is not as good as their record portends. The Defense carried then through the first month of the season. There was a gift of a game as KC was without Mahomes, the Washington Redskins, and the NYGs say much about their 2019 schedule. Then when they faced the 49ers, following the bye week, they were taken to school. The WRs, as poor as they are can point to the short throws from Rodgers that used to be so accurate with. It looks like instead of sharpening his precision with his WRs, he was too busy being a celebrity. Rodgers talent is still there, but it looks like his dedication to his craft has declined.

Zool
12-31-2019, 02:00 AM
In your opinion. Others are allowed theirs as well.

pbmax
12-31-2019, 03:09 AM
I stopped paying attention when the review of the Detroit game mentioned passes falling short and made no mention of the 16 passes going too long.

Vincenzo
12-31-2019, 07:11 AM
In your opinion. Others are allowed theirs as well.
I totally get that Zool, just not booking any parades or even declaring any sort of victory. IMO, what happens this upcoming January will be what determines the true success of this 2019 Packer team.

RashanGary
12-31-2019, 08:36 AM
Go pack go!

Fuck the odds! But thankfully early in the year I bet on SF and Baltimore getting to the SB at +800 and +1000 respectiveLY. So even if my beloved pack lose, I gotta good chance to win.

texaspackerbacker
12-31-2019, 09:43 AM

hahahahaha You disagreed with about the only part of his post I did agree with. To me, having a great team all season with all the good feeling of victory (unless it's a shit game like against the Lions) outweighs winning the Super Bowl and by far outweighs losing the Super Bowl 13 or 14 or 15 to 1 in happy days. That 15-1 season was great, and if I was a Pats fan, I would have enjoyed the 18-0 also.

What sucks IMO is teams, NFL and other sports, that are boom and bust, tear way down and then maybe rise to the top, then probably back down again. The Niners are an example of that, Falcons too, and probably a lot of others, Astros in baseball for example. We are blessed to not have that situation really in any major Wisconsin sport.

HarveyWallbangers
12-31-2019, 10:20 AM
At Kansas City without Mahomes was no slam dunk--just ask the Vikings. Matt Moore is solid and that team has ridiculous weapons. Kansas City is a difficult place to win at. The Chiefs went 2-1 without Mahomes with the one loss being to the Packers.

HarveyWallbangers
12-31-2019, 10:56 AM
Some cool stats here:

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/30/green-bay-packers-in-the-2010s-a-dominant-decade-by-the-numbers/

Basically, the Packers were the second best franchise in the 2010s behind the Patriots in almost every meaningful category (wins, division titles, playoffs, playoff wins, etc.)

Vincenzo
12-31-2019, 11:04 AM
hahahahaha You disagreed with about the only part of his post I did agree with. To me, having a great team all season with all the good feeling of victory (unless it's a shit game like against the Lions) outweighs winning the Super Bowl and by far outweighs losing the Super Bowl 13 or 14 or 15 to 1 in happy days. That 15-1 season was great, and if I was a Pats fan, I would have enjoyed the 18-0 also.

What sucks IMO is teams, NFL and other sports, that are boom and bust, tear way down and then maybe rise to the top, then probably back down again. The Niners are an example of that, Falcons too, and probably a lot of others, Astros in baseball for example. We are blessed to not have that situation really in any major Wisconsin sport.
It truly is supposed to be about the journey. Enjoying the season as the weeks go bye in the Fall is what we’re supposed to enjoy.
However, I differ from you in the sense that it all boils down to January for this Packer Backer. Ultimately the season is about positioning yourself for home games after Christmas and the real prize is Championships.

ChicagoSmellsLikeFarts
12-31-2019, 12:23 PM
I cannot stomach Baltimore winning another title. I live amongst their fans and they are fairweather af.

ThunderDan
12-31-2019, 12:26 PM
I cannot stomach Baltimore winning another title. I live amongst their fans and they are fairweather af.

Welcome and I love your name.

George Cumby
12-31-2019, 12:35 PM

Welcome aboard.

Please bear with us as we haze you like a pack of vicious sixth grade boys.

You get used to it with time.

I would like some clarification on your name, however. What kind of farts? Popcorn, Budweiser, baked beans and bratwurst, OMG I shouldn't have eaten the curry at that Indian restaurant last night? Enquiring minds want to know.

Fritz
12-31-2019, 02:31 PM
I lived in Maryland in a past life, and in Baltimore for three months about two years ago. Those poor folk got absolutely nothing to cheer about - that place makes Detroit look lovely and prosperous - so let 'em have their Ravens.

George Cumby
12-31-2019, 03:43 PM
I lived in Maryland in a past life, and in Baltimore for three months about two years ago. Those poor folk got absolutely nothing to cheer about - that place makes Detroit look lovely and prosperous - so let 'em have their Ravens.

Hol' up.

I thought Hannibal Lecter had adopted Baltimore as his new home?

ChicagoSmellsLikeFarts
12-31-2019, 04:40 PM
Welcome aboard.

Please bear with us as we haze you like a pack of vicious sixth grade boys.

You get used to it with time.

I would like some clarification on your name, however. What kind of farts? Popcorn, Budweiser, baked beans and bratwurst, OMG I shouldn't have eaten the curry at that Indian restaurant last night? Enquiring minds want to know.

I've always said Chicago smells like baked bean and Budweiser farts. I know this too well, since my cousins grew up in Naperville. Also maybe because I hate the Scrubs and Bears so damn much.

ChicagoSmellsLikeFarts
12-31-2019, 04:44 PM

I've been here for a long long time. I let them have the Raisins, but man they act like Patriots fans. Just without the championships.

Radagast
12-31-2019, 06:10 PM
Buffalo over Houston

New England over Tennessee

New Orleans over Minnesota

Seattle over Philadelphia

Zool
12-31-2019, 06:49 PM
I think the Philly Seattle game is a toss up.

Rad, is the Buffalo over Houston a gut feeling, or do you have some info that makes you lean Buffalo?

texaspackerbacker
12-31-2019, 08:42 PM
I think Houston beats Buffalo - J.J. Watt is coming back, and Buffalo has looked uninspired lately.

Seattle is just plain better than the Eagles.

New England won't stumble against Tennessee.

I'm very tempted to pick Minnesota over New Orleans, but I won't. Saints in a close comeback win against the purple chokers.

ChicagoSmellsLikeFarts
01-01-2020, 01:26 PM
Houston might be a dark horse superbowl contender.

Radagast
01-02-2020, 12:55 PM
Houston might be a dark horse superbowl contender.

You may just be right. The Bills beating the Texans goes against the popular view. I'm taking a chance on Buffalo to win. Who would have said the Dolphins could beat the Patriots in Week 17 ?

Any given Sunday (or Saturday ) as the saying goes.

Cheesehead Craig
01-02-2020, 02:45 PM
Pats gonna lay an egg on Saturday.

Houston is such a hot/cold team. I think they have one more hot game in them and win as well.

NO and Seattle should take care of business.

bobblehead
01-02-2020, 02:49 PM
I'm gonna totally hedge. We are 13-3 and deserve to be. It was a great season even if we lose to the saints (please don't lose to the Vikings!!) First year head coach coming off 6-10 with a ton of roster holes and we went 13-3 and got a bye....great turnaround.

Now the hedge. No reason they CAN'T keep winning. N.O. sucks outside that dome, and especially in chilly GB. The D is legit if not dominant. We run effectively. N.O. and SF both lost 3 games and proved they weren't invincible. We are very healthy for playoffs.

My gut tells me one and done as I believe the saints are a better team with a more effective QB at this point (not to mention TAYSOM HILL!!), but I'm not just hedging. There are multiple reasons to believe in this team.

Radagast
01-02-2020, 05:41 PM
I'm gonna totally hedge. We are 13-3 and deserve to be. It was a great season even if we lose to the saints (please don't lose to the Vikings!!) First year head coach coming off 6-10 with a ton of roster holes and we went 13-3 and got a bye....great turnaround.

Now the hedge. No reason they CAN'T keep winning. N.O. sucks outside that dome, and especially in chilly GB. The D is legit if not dominant. We run effectively. N.O. and SF both lost 3 games and proved they weren't invincible. We are very healthy for playoffs.

My gut tells me one and done as I believe the saints are a better team with a more effective QB at this point (not to mention TAYSOM HILL!!), but I'm not just hedging. There are multiple reasons to believe in this team.

No personal jibes, but I've heard politicians that were not as good at dancing around and not nailing their point plian. Keep the bark on and leave those hedges alone Sir. You timidally seem to say that GB might make it to the SB if they are lucky.

Happy New Year and Go Pack Go !

MadtownPacker
01-03-2020, 09:55 AM
And I have heard Napa Valley Wine and Cheese snobs that were not nearly as openly pretentious and glaringly arrogant as you radagast.

George Cumby
01-03-2020, 10:15 AM
And I have heard Napa Valley Wine and Cheese snobs that were not nearly as openly pretentious and glaringly arrogant as you radagast.

LOL

*Raises glass of Chardonnay*

gbgary
01-03-2020, 03:37 PM
packerrats.com/showthread The-Green-Bay-Packers-are... (http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?31298-The-Green-Bay-Packers-are&p=1042003&viewfull=1#post1042003)

Radagast
01-04-2020, 09:24 PM

Proud not to be a migrant farm worker that aspires to afford a 6 pack of Modelo and a bag of fried pork rinds. In fact I do enjoy Wine/Cheese/& Fruit Slices from time to time.

Instead of boasting of a low wage lifestyle, you could learn to appreciate the finer things in life yourself. There are more than one class of snob, your just at the bottom of the class.

MadtownPacker
01-04-2020, 11:57 PM
I was wondering what was taking so long to show the racist bigot in you. Glad I found the right button to push. :lol:

texaspackerbacker
01-05-2020, 07:31 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if the Vikings beat the Saints, the Vikings also beat the Niners, We beat the Vikings, and the Titans or somebody knocked off the Ravens, and then we won the Super Bowl. I wouldn't predict it, but it certainly could happen like that.

I bet there would actually be some shitheads in here whining that we were illegitimate or undeserving Super Bowl winners hahahaha.

pbmax
01-05-2020, 08:50 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if the Vikings beat the Saints, the Vikings also beat the Niners, We beat the Vikings, and the Titans or somebody knocked off the Ravens, and then we won the Super Bowl. I wouldn't predict it, but it certainly could happen like that.

I bet there would actually be some shitheads in here whining that we were illegitimate or undeserving Super Bowl winners hahahaha.

Not me, I am a permanent member of the front runner club.

"They don't ask how, they ask how many"

George Cumby
01-05-2020, 09:48 AM
Proud not to be a migrant farm worker that aspires to afford a 6 pack of Modelo and a bag of fried pork rinds. In fact I do enjoy Wine/Cheese/& Fruit Slices from time to time.

Instead of boasting of a low wage lifestyle, you could learn to appreciate the finer things in life yourself. There are more than one class of snob, your just at the bottom of the class.

My wife teaches those migrant farm workers' kids. Really generous, kind, hard-working people.

I think you need to reevaluate some things in your life.

George Cumby
01-05-2020, 09:49 AM
Not me, I am a permanent member of the front runner club.

"They don't ask how, they ask how many"

Exactly.

We get another upset today, things will be even more interesting.

MadtownPacker
01-05-2020, 10:52 AM

I bet there would actually be some shitheads in here whining that we were illegitimate or undeserving Super Bowl winners hahahaha.Man I don’t like that. If MN was to go on that run and make it to Lambeau the whole hard to beat a team 3 times a season comes into play. The Lambeau weather would also not be an advantage since MN does it yearly.

Freak Out
01-05-2020, 10:52 AM
How have the Packers done in late/night games at GB in the playoffs? My memory says not so good....I always liked the early games there in the playoffs.

MadtownPacker
01-05-2020, 10:57 AM
How have the Packers done in late/night games at GB in the playoffs? My memory says not so good....I always liked the early games there in the playoffs.Seems like all the bad memories are from late games. Everyone says about the weather helping the Packers but would hurt the offense IMO. Jones smooth playa running style might be slowed down on icy turf.

George Cumby
01-05-2020, 11:45 AM
How have the Packers done in late/night games at GB in the playoffs? My memory says not so good....I always liked the early games there in the playoffs.

That Giants game is forever seared into my memory.

But: Favre.

pbmax
01-05-2020, 12:16 PM
That Giants game is forever seared into my memory.

But: Favre.

Lost Sunday evening WC game to 49ers at Lambeau on a very cold night. Was perfectly winnable.

Radagast
01-05-2020, 12:54 PM
I was wondering what was taking so long to show the racist bigot in you. Glad I found the right button to push. :lol:

Being satisfied to be stoned motionless instead of working to better yourself/family is for many why they remain poor. Then comes the rhetoric that others are "keeping you down", when in fact they keep themselves down. Anyone can work a job,day or night, and attend a college or trade school at the same time. I did it myself years ago.

Additionally, migrant farm workers are generally accepted to be at the bottom of the ladder socially/educationally/monetarily/etc. I salute any/all that work hard and elevate themselves to a better life. I can't respect people that live in poverty, yet they can pay hundreds/thousands for drugs or alcohol. It's not racist to reject something that any/all races and cultures suffer with.

Labeling migrant farm workers as strictly Latino omits Aisions, Africans, Eastern Europeans, Pakistanis, and many more. Racist, go find a mirror and take an honest look at yourself before you point a finger in that way ever again.

Cumby, while I salute those that teach, being a migrant farm worker is not the issue. The issue is with those that complain about their lives but do nothing to change it. Migrant farm workers "are" among the bottom of the most poor in America. It's a place from where people should strive to escape. The issue is with those in that group or similar groups that hold partying as a higher priority than higher education or job training. Then they complain that they can't get ahead.

I began this thread to discuss the Playoffs and the SB, but I don't back down to false accusations, personal attacks, or false information. Sorry for the sidetrack.

and now

Back to Football !

ThunderDan
01-05-2020, 01:25 PM
Lost Sunday evening WC game to 49ers at Lambeau on a very cold night. Was perfectly winnable.

Lost to Minn at Lambeau on a Saturday night. Randy Moss moongate game.

texaspackerbacker
01-05-2020, 01:50 PM
Being satisfied to be stoned motionless instead of working to better yourself/family is for many why they remain poor. Then comes the rhetoric that others are "keeping you down", when in fact they keep themselves down. Anyone can work a job,day or night, and attend a college or trade school at the same time. I did it myself years ago.

Additionally, migrant farm workers are generally accepted to be at the bottom of the ladder socially/educationally/monetarily/etc. I salute any/all that work hard and elevate themselves to a better life. I can't respect people that live in poverty, yet they can pay hundreds/thousands for drugs or alcohol. It's not racist to reject something that any/all races and cultures suffer with.

Labeling migrant farm workers as strictly Latino omits Aisions, Africans, Eastern Europeans, Pakistanis, and many more. Racist, go find a mirror and take an honest look at yourself before you point a finger in that way ever again.

Cumby, while I salute those that teach, being a migrant farm worker is not the issue. The issue is with those that complain about their lives but do nothing to change it. Migrant farm workers "are" among the bottom of the most poor in America. It's a place from where people should strive to escape. The issue is with those in that group or similar groups that hold partying as a higher priority than higher education or job training. Then they complain that they can't get ahead.

I began this thread to discuss the Playoffs and the SB, but I don't back down to false accusations, personal attacks, or false information. Sorry for the sidetrack.

and now

Back to Football !

A lot of people talking politics nowadays that don't have the balls to show up in FYI hahahahaha.

Fritz
01-05-2020, 03:35 PM
Let's just see if Green Bay can win one playoff game next week before we debate how legitimate their Super Bowl rings will be.

Bretsky
01-05-2020, 09:25 PM

PART ONE HAS BEEN PUT INTO ACTION

call_me_ishmael
01-05-2020, 11:57 PM
I think the Vikings have as good of a chance as anybody against the SF buzz saw. LFG!

texaspackerbacker
01-06-2020, 06:59 AM
Man I don’t like that. If MN was to go on that run and make it to Lambeau the whole hard to beat a team 3 times a season comes into play. The Lambeau weather would also not be an advantage since MN does it yearly.

But it would be a helluva lot better than us going to San Fran. And yeah, the Vikings come to Lambeau every year, but they are still a dome team - presumably better used to and suited for their dome.

bobblehead
01-06-2020, 07:36 AM

If you beat who is in front of you there can't be anything illegitimate about it. If the Titans run the AFC then they would be the team to beat from the AFC...anyone arguing "doesn't count" because the Ravens aren't good enough to get there is using seriously flawed logic.

Fosco33
01-06-2020, 08:11 AM
Seems like all the bad memories are from late games. Everyone says about the weather helping the Packers but would hurt the offense IMO. Jones smooth playa running style might be slowed down on icy turf.

Also lost the 15-1 year in late home game.

pbmax
01-06-2020, 08:25 AM
I think the Vikings have as good of a chance as anybody against the SF buzz saw. LFG!

Be a terrible shame if Barr injured someone in that game.

pbmax
01-06-2020, 08:26 AM
Seems like all the bad memories are from late games. Everyone says about the weather helping the Packers but would hurt the offense IMO. Jones smooth playa running style might be slowed down on icy turf.

This is a polluted mindset and the ghost of Mike McCarthy will have none of it.

hoosier
01-06-2020, 08:41 AM
LOL

*Raises glass of Chardonnay*

I thought you a teetotaler now :-)

ChicagoSmellsLikeFarts
01-06-2020, 12:32 PM
The Vikings worry me a little bit. I'm afraid we cannot stop the run and that is where they excel at.

George Cumby
01-06-2020, 01:01 PM
I thought you a teetotaler now :-)

Any opportunity to fire a shot at Radagast.

I dislike wine and am a mostly teetotaler.

hoosier
01-06-2020, 01:30 PM
Any opportunity to fire a shot at Radagast.

I dislike wine and am a mostly teetotaler.

I think most of that particular poster's salvos have a way of turning midair and coming right back at him, though I certainly know the temptation to retaliate. But in the end I decide I'll just get muddy if I do.

scharpcheddar
01-06-2020, 04:51 PM
The smart money is on Seattle. Packers already got pounded by SF.
It will be SF vs Sea part 3

pbmax
01-06-2020, 05:12 PM
The smart money is on Seattle. Packers already got pounded by SF.
It will be SF vs Sea part 3

Finally, a verifiable test of your hypothesis.

Should you be correct, it'll help balance out the 4 games you missed in the WC round.

https://images2.imgbox.com/23/fa/CIULEwNv_o.png

scharpcheddar
01-06-2020, 06:13 PM
Finally, a verifiable test of your hypothesis.

Should you be correct, it'll help balance out the 4 games you missed in the WC round.

https://images2.imgbox.com/23/fa/CIULEwNv_o.png

No, it's simply the narrative the nfl may use. Any idiot can repeat this crap. Just dumb sports cliches. Not knowledge. The correct response is= what the nfl wants to happen, will happen. That's all the football knowledge I need.
I already know the niners will win the sb. It won't matter if it's because of a run game or defense or one sided ref calls. The league will create the narrative and act it out.

pbmax
01-06-2020, 06:35 PM
No, it's simply the narrative the nfl may use. Any idiot can repeat this crap. Just dumb sports cliches. Not knowledge. The correct response is= what the nfl wants to happen, will happen. That's all the football knowledge I need.
I already know the niners will win the sb. It won't matter if it's because of a run game or defense or one sided ref calls. The league will create the narrative and act it out.

And here I thought we were making progress.

George Cumby
01-06-2020, 06:41 PM

So if you're right, you win.

If you're wrong it shows how deep the conspiracy goes so you also win.

Brilliant, really.

But what is really awesome is you have me defending the NFL.

Bravo, Sir, Bravo.

pbmax
01-06-2020, 06:42 PM

Brilliant, really.

Bravo, Sir, Bravo.

There is evidence within scientific studies that when faced with the failure of a prediction or prophecy to be realized, beliefs will deepen.

#TheTruthIsOutThere - ButMayNotHappen

Cleft Crusty
01-06-2020, 07:31 PM
There is evidence within scientific studies that when faced with the failure of a prediction or prophecy to be realized, beliefs will deepen.

those studies were rigged.

MadtownPacker
01-06-2020, 08:06 PM
So this Sharpies mark isn’t permanent?

hoosier
01-06-2020, 08:22 PM
Not at all. Just gotta write over it with another sharpie.

pbmax
01-06-2020, 08:31 PM
those studies were rigged.

Well, let's have some reading material.

This is the one I have read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_Prophecy_Fails

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=9781905177196

scharpcheddar
01-06-2020, 10:04 PM

Brilliant, really.

Bravo, Sir, Bravo.

As I said, it's up the nfl, not me. It's fixed regardless of my pick, right or wrong.

scharpcheddar
01-06-2020, 10:07 PM

#TheTruthIsOutThere - ButMayNotHappen

Lol thats one sided, convenient pseudo logic.
It's logic that says - do not question the majority or status quo.

Zool
01-07-2020, 02:13 AM
As I said, it's up the nfl, not me. It's fixed regardless of my pick, right or wrong.

No, you said you had the whole thing figured out.

Cleft Crusty
01-07-2020, 10:09 AM

It's interesting how you come to your 'logical' conclusion, based on predictions that fail. If it's 'fixed' regardless of what you predict, on what can you possibly base your claim? Are you perhaps paying for psychic readings?

Clefty invested a year's worth of hard-earned money, at $0.65/hour, from the Urinal Scented, on the spiritual readings of Michelle Whitedove, and still only returned 99.65% of investments. That's better than Vegas slots, but it doesn't keep the wife happy when she can't afford her Marie Osmond endorsed Weight Watchers meals.

You may be well advised to direct your best efforts towards your day job.

hoosier
01-07-2020, 11:25 AM
Trolling by confirmation bias

scharpcheddar
01-07-2020, 02:31 PM
No, you said you had the whole thing figured out.

Yes. I've figured out that its staged.
The whole thing is staged.

scharpcheddar
01-07-2020, 02:33 PM
Trolling by confirmation bias

You're believing it's not, using nothing but confirmation bias.
I'm using common sense of discerning details and circumstantial evidence

scharpcheddar
01-07-2020, 02:37 PM
It's interesting how you come to your 'logical' conclusion, based on predictions that fail. If it's 'fixed' regardless of what you predict, on what can you possibly base your claim? Are you perhaps paying for psychic readings?

Clefty invested a year's worth of hard-earned money, at $0.65/hour, from the Urinal Scented, on the spiritual readings of Michelle Whitedove, and still only returned 99.65% of investments. That's better than Vegas slots, but it doesn't keep the wife happy when she can't afford her Marie Osmond endorsed Weight Watchers meals.

You may be well advised to direct your best efforts towards your day job.

God, the common man is illiterate. No critical thought what so ever.
Pay attention..predictions that fail have nothing to do with whether games are staged. I'm not saying it's fixed because I got a pick wrong. It's fixes because in real life, there would never be as many down to the wire, fantastic finishes.
It's bases on tv money, not competition.

RashanGary
01-07-2020, 02:41 PM
The bright side is, at each teams low point I got in on them to win their conferences.

I have:

Sanfran at +1000
GB at +600
Baltimore at +800
KC at +550

So I have a really good chance at winning some money and coming out more than doubled up like I ALWAYS do

RashanGary
01-07-2020, 02:42 PM
I bet on the Packers to win the SB at +1300

So if the Packers beat the Ravens in the SB I had a good year!

RashanGary
01-07-2020, 02:43 PM
Pay attention..predictions that fail have nothing to do with whether games are staged. I'm not saying it's fixed because I got a pick wrong. It's fixes because in real life, there would never be as many down to the wire, fantastic finishes.

I disagree. It's mind control over humanity

RashanGary
01-07-2020, 02:46 PM

There are a couple Illuminati refs who affect outcomes. It serves the purpose of keeping people interested and establishing the reality that the system rules and whatever they call we just have to accept it. Mind control

RashanGary
01-07-2020, 02:47 PM

If it were staged like WWF, people would know it. So its more subtle and done by a few refs and it's for a different reason

scharpcheddar
01-07-2020, 03:32 PM
If it were staged like WWF, people would know it. So its more subtle and done by a few refs and it's for a different reason

subtle? its blatantly unrealistic and in your face.
people would know it...? apparently not

Cleft Crusty
01-07-2020, 04:08 PM

The only convincing argument you made here is that you are a common man.

RashanGary
01-07-2020, 06:22 PM

I just watched approx 120 out of 150 games in the first 10 weeks of the season. Can you name me obvious instances this year?

The refs calling hands to the face on Flowers on two 3rd down plays and the trippings against Dallas are the two blatant ones this year.

My mind control idea is as believable as your entertsinment one.

Subtly keeping it close is happening too. I wait for the untimely holds when a team has the lead. I expect it. So keeping interest so that the mind control audience is bigger works too

RashanGary
01-07-2020, 06:24 PM
Sharpcheddar, I do believe there are a couple Illuminati refs. I've seen things that can't be coincidence for years.

RashanGary
01-07-2020, 06:35 PM
But it's shitty to come here and call people common and idiots. They see things and are intuitive in ways you and I are not. I don't doubt your ability to spot patterns at a high level. I question the way you piece together what it means. But I respect the hell out of the people's here various individual gifts the same way I respect yours

RashanGary
01-07-2020, 06:40 PM

Why does everyone know WWF is fake and think NFL is real if it's equally obvious?

George Cumby
01-07-2020, 08:43 PM
Why does everyone know WWF is fake and think NFL is real if it's equally obvious?

Asking the real questions.

Zool
01-07-2020, 09:36 PM
Asking the real questions.

Asking the questions no one else bothers with. Cheddars schtick is already old though.

MadtownPacker
01-07-2020, 09:58 PM
It probably won’t help Sharpie and Rash that I defend them. Probably worst things in fact. But the truth is out there...

I don’t think winners have been decided in advance. Don’t think the NFL cares too much who wins. What I do question is how things happen that allow teams to get back in games late. The NFL does care about the marketing and revenue which is brought in from viewers. When the game is a blowout it seems like calls are made to balance the scales enough to keep us tuned in. If it isn’t the Packers and gets lopsided I will change that shit or shut it off.

Let’s dedicate a song to both these two wild and crazy guys.

https://youtu.be/YLLlrlgRYZ4

scharpcheddar
01-07-2020, 11:00 PM
It probably won’t help Sharpie and Rash that I defend them. Probably worst things in fact. But the truth is out there...

I don’t think winners have been decided in advance. Don’t think the NFL cares too much who wins. What I do question is how things happen that allow teams to get back in games late. The NFL does care about the marketing and revenue which is brought in from viewers. When the game is a blowout it seems like calls are made to balance the scales enough to keep us tuned in. If it isn’t the Packers and gets lopsided I will change that shit or shut it off.

Let’s dedicate a song to both these two wild and crazy guys.

https://youtu.be/YLLlrlgRYZ4

The 2 minute warning was invented purely because of tv. So, yes, you are partly right..
And I did spend time on youtube videos/tunes, the night Ric Died.
A first major favorite band before I moved on to Siouxsie and the Banshee and Jane's Addiction

scharpcheddar
01-07-2020, 11:07 PM

For the same reason they watch/believe reality tv .Or believe what ever govt or media tell them. People have been trained to believe /respect authority, whether it's right or wrong

RashanGary
01-08-2020, 01:17 AM
For the same reason they watch/believe reality tv .Or believe what ever govt or media tell them. People have been trained to believe /respect authority, whether it's right or wrong

I brought it to FYI cuz football people don't want this here.

RashanGary
01-08-2020, 01:18 AM
So is entertainment, entertainment? Yes and NO

pbmax
01-08-2020, 08:22 AM
I always thought Ed Hoculi looked well illuminated.

scharpcheddar
01-08-2020, 03:57 PM
It doesn't matter. Either GB or seattle will go to SF and lose.

Teamcheez1
01-08-2020, 04:34 PM

Didn’t most of your playoff prognostication already come up wrong?

pbmax
01-08-2020, 05:07 PM

He was just 0-4 in the wild card round. Flesh wound.

scharpcheddar
01-08-2020, 05:33 PM

Who gives a fuck about wildcard round? They predominantly next week's losers, no matter who. Unless SF doesn't go and win. Thars the only pick that matters. I won't be wrong about Packers not going regardless.
I realize now why Pats seemed like a clue..because Garoppolo played for them. The Pats were simply a 49ers clue combined.

QBME
01-08-2020, 06:12 PM

Oh, ye of little faith.

scharpcheddar
01-08-2020, 06:33 PM
Oh, ye of little faith.

Faith has nothing to do with predetermined entertainment. Faith doesn't even work in unplanned events.
And I finally saw that Peter Sellers movie a month ago. It had its moments..it was funny.

pbmax
01-08-2020, 07:03 PM
Faith has nothing to do with predetermined entertainment. Faith doesn't even work in unplanned events.
And I finally saw that Peter Sellers movie a month ago. It had its moments..it was funny.

When does the pre-determining finalize?

The shampoo commercial was shot in the year prior to the Super Bowl. But when are final decisions made on a game? It has to be flexible, right?

If Jimmy catches the jimmies from his girlfriend and is out for 8 weeks, changes the plan, doesn't it?

Do they just radio into the refs Saturday night?

MadtownPacker
01-08-2020, 07:24 PM
It doesn't matter. Either GB or seattle will go to SF and lose.GB ok I can see since it has happened this season but Seattle won in SF which you know right? I believe Seahawks have won 3 of the last 4 games at Levi. So it wouldn’t exactly be an upset.

But it doesnt matter cuz Seattle is going home this week. My friend Roger G said so.

Bossman641
01-09-2020, 06:16 AM
Who gives a fuck about wildcard round? They predominantly next week's losers, no matter who. Unless SF doesn't go and win. Thars the only pick that matters. I won't be wrong about Packers not going regardless.
I realize now why Pats seemed like a clue..because Garoppolo played for them. The Pats were simply a 49ers clue combined.

Is it really going out on a limb to say the #1 seed is going to win?

hoosier
01-09-2020, 07:45 AM

The shampoo commercial was shot in the year prior to the Super Bowl. But when are final decisions made on a game? It has to be flexible, right?

If Jimmy catches the jimmies from his girlfriend and is out for 8 weeks, changes the plan, doesn't it?

I believe the predetermination is much more, uh, sudden. Like in real time. Cheddar is just trolling the old "effect that is the cause of its cause" line.

scharpcheddar
01-10-2020, 04:16 PM
Is it really going out on a limb to say the #1 seed is going to win?

What difference does it make when the number one seed didn't naturally occur.

scharpcheddar
01-10-2020, 04:20 PM

These are planned years in advance.

Bossman641
01-10-2020, 04:55 PM
What difference does it make when the number one seed didn't naturally occur.

How deep does this go? Everyone is in on it right? Players, coaches, owners, refs. media

scharpcheddar
01-10-2020, 05:57 PM
How deep does this go? Everyone is in on it right? Players, coaches, owners, refs. media

Lol you don't need that many to exactly know.
I don't know exactly and I don't care. I know blatant bullshit when I see it.
All owners know, all head coaches. Various star players. The rest, if smart, catch on. We all know there's things you don't bring up at your job if you want to keep it. Who wants to fuck up a 6 or 7 digits paycheck? Money is god

Zool
01-10-2020, 08:39 PM
Is this a Mulder and Scully situation or more of a Jack Ryan thing?

scharpcheddar
01-10-2020, 09:47 PM
Is this a Mulder and Scully situation or more of a Jack Ryan thing?

Or just simple, critical thinking, common sense
But you still find value in sitting on your ass, living emotionally vicariously, through jocks catching balls on tv for 3 hours.

Zool
01-10-2020, 09:55 PM
But you still find value in sitting on your ass, living emotionally vicariously, through jocks catching balls on tv for 3 hours.

You have zero idea how I live my life. You have no idea my tv watching habits. You have literally nothing figured out other than how to google conspiracies. Go find your fap box.

George Cumby
01-10-2020, 10:39 PM
All owners know, all head coaches. Various star players. The rest, if smart, catch on. We all know there's things you don't bring up at your job if you want to keep it. Who wants to fuck up a 6 or 7 digits paycheck? Money is god

Aka: Apophenia.

yetisnowman
01-10-2020, 10:55 PM
This new character sucks. You guys sure love arguing with this troll.

scharpcheddar
01-10-2020, 11:15 PM
You have zero idea how I live my life. You have no idea my tv watching habits. You have literally nothing figured out other than how to google conspiracies. Go find your fap box.

You're Wrong of course. I was absolutely correct. I described the majority of people here whether it fits you or not. Nothing I've said is theory. It's truth whether you know it or not.
Your avatar says it all.

scharpcheddar
01-10-2020, 11:17 PM

Nothing is dumber Than Grown men using the word troll for things they can't understand.

pbmax
01-10-2020, 11:31 PM
I know blatant bullshit when I see it.

Good point.

Ignore activated.

George Cumby
01-11-2020, 12:00 AM

Lol.

The writers were desperate.

Radagast
01-11-2020, 12:07 AM
It's not unexpected that one or more trolls whose real team/life are going sour. Hit the ignore if the post get too personal, argue with a fool if you must, but I prefer it when a troll gets laughed at instead of accomplishing their goal to upset the members.

This troll is likely 43 years old and living with his mother. I see him stocking shelves at a grocery store and cleaning up the mess in isle 4. Elevates his depressed life by looking at internet porn and trolling in this and other forums. Not funny really , but sad.

RashanGary
01-11-2020, 03:53 AM
These are planned years in advance.

I don't believe this at all. I like your views on fear and how to control people with it! That seems obvious to me. But the entertainment of football is the competition. They dont have to make a fake competition.

It feels awfully conspiracy oriented with the refs though. But my theory is the refs are occasionally given random changes in emphasis where we get upset becaude the rules change. But it's really a way of reinforcing fear of punishment on a mass audience and also teaching blind obedience. The refs decide the penalties and we have to accept them. It's conditioning to accept a bullshit society whether we like it or not.

So do I smell a conspiracy with the refs.... Absolutely. Do I think it has anything to do with fake competition? Nope. The audience comes for real competition. That is the entertainment. And then the mass audience is subjected to psychological conditioning to blindly accept rules. The Illuminati can't miss the opportunity to use an audience that large

mraynrand
01-11-2020, 09:14 AM
Lol.

The writers were desperate.

He's just another obnoxious sidekick added late in the series run, like Scrappy Doo or The Great Gazoo.

mraynrand
01-11-2020, 09:19 AM
It's not unexpected that one or more trolls whose real team/life are going sour. Hit the ignore if the post get too personal, argue with a fool if you must, but I prefer it when a troll gets laughed at instead of accomplishing their goal to upset the members.

This troll is likely 43 years old and living with his mother. I see him stocking shelves at a grocery store and cleaning up the mess in isle 4. Elevates his depressed life by looking at internet porn and trolling in this and other forums. Not funny really , but sad.

A couple more paragraphs and you'll have sketched out a new Dean Koontz psychopath. Have him enjoy expensive chocolates as his guilty pleasure - but only with rich milk chocolate and creamy nougat. And it would be better to have him employed at 31 flavors, but he never touches a drop of the merchandise, on duty, ever.

Fritz
01-11-2020, 09:25 AM

I wish I could be more like you, going on to a fan site and posting over and over, jousting with other posters over whether the NFL is fixed or not.

Now that's living.

George Cumby
01-11-2020, 09:31 AM
A couple more paragraphs and you'll have sketched out a new Dean Koontz psychopath. Have him enjoy expensive chocolates as his guilty pleasure - but only with rich milk chocolate and creamy nougat. And it would be better to have him employed at 31 flavors, but he never touches a drop of the merchandise, on duty, ever.

“Dean Koontz”? Now that’s a name I haven’t heard in a Very, Long, Time.

Zool
01-11-2020, 10:13 AM
You're Wrong of course. I was absolutely correct. I described the majority of people here whether it fits you or not. Nothing I've said is theory. It's truth whether you know it or not.
Your avatar says it all.

You are a rock solid troll. I’ll give you that. Have a good life Forrest.

Zool
01-11-2020, 10:15 AM
He's just another obnoxious sidekick added late in the series run, like Scrappy Doo or The Great Gazoo.

Or the entire run of the show Alf.

Cheesehead Craig
01-11-2020, 12:46 PM

The fix was in years ago. We are predetermined to argue with him. The site owner is in on it, so are the mods.

mraynrand
01-11-2020, 01:29 PM
The fix was in years ago. We are predetermined to argue with him. The site owner is in on it, so are the mods.

I believe you.

scharpcheddar
01-11-2020, 01:33 PM

Goal to upset? No, the goal is to inform.
What's sad is the world is so stupid, it can't see the obvious Forrest through trees. Whats sad is grown men acting like you're stealing from their house when you tell them something they don't want to hear. I'm the only one acting like/being an adult here..but you call it trolling, to feel better about yourself.

mraynrand
01-11-2020, 01:34 PM
What's sad is the world is so stupid, it can't see the obvious Forrest through trees. Whats sad is grown men acting like you're stealing from their house when you tell them something they don't want to hear. I'm the only one acting like/being an adult here..but you call it trolling, to feel better about yourself.

😆

RashanGary
01-11-2020, 01:40 PM

Why be rude and call people you don't know stupid though? I have uncommon beliefs and share them but nobody attacks me because I am respectful.

Being disrespectful is a key sign of someone trolling for negative responses. So these guys are being solid by fighting back against a person who's throwing unnessasary jabs.

I'd love to show people what I see, but you make it really hard to have a conversation when everything devolves to insults

RashanGary
01-11-2020, 01:43 PM
It's frustrating to see something other people can't see but if we want to be taken seriously, it's best to be considerate and then accept it when people disagree.

RashanGary
01-11-2020, 01:43 PM
Obviously your tactics aren't working on anyone. Maybe evolve?

mraynrand
01-11-2020, 01:46 PM
Obviously your tactics aren't working on anyone. Maybe evolve?

I think he’s doing just that. He’s currently in the ‘natural selection’ part.

RashanGary
01-11-2020, 01:47 PM
And for the record, the idea that the NFL is staged and everyone is in on it but hides it seems really far fetched.

But does the NFL and it's rules affect peoples views? Absolutely. Refs teach us to be obedient to the rules and that it's smart and macho to navigate them obediently. That's intentional, I'm sure of it. That's how you brainwash people. You tell them it's entertainment but mix in subconscious mind fuckery

scharpcheddar
01-11-2020, 01:50 PM

What the hell would someone's station in life, have to do with knowing the truth about something. More social conditioning you chant. You judge people based on their job? People are not where they work. It doesn't define them. It's an asinine comment in so many ways.
A childish comment.
And the living with your mother comments were implemented by govt . To make people feel guilty for not moving out alone into a crappy apartment, to become a tax slaves for govt.. the more families govt destroys. The more taxes they earn off your tax slave labor. Before the industrial age, it was normal for families to stay together and pass the house to the next generation. Living in your mom's basement is just code for class system warfare.
I'm better than you, neener neener.
Life isn't cookie cutter perfect for everyone. You are making a childish, cliche, moronic remark.
What I am is a 54 year old man who figured out 4 years ago what he's actually watching in pro sports.

pbmax
01-11-2020, 01:51 PM
And for the record, the idea that the NFL is staged and everyone is in on it but hides it seems really far fetched.

But does the NFL and it's rules affect peoples views? Absolutely. Refs teach us to be obedient to the rules and that it's smart and macho to navigate them obediently. That's intentional, I'm sure of it. That's how you brainwash people. You tell them it's entertainment but mix in subconscious mind fuckery

Jimmy the Greek knew it was staged and still managed to lose money each week. This shit isn't easy to grasp.

mraynrand
01-11-2020, 01:51 PM
Take it to the Meadow.

bobblehead
01-11-2020, 01:55 PM

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FJIAoD4C. gif&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2Fgallery%2FTAi6 d%2Fcomment%2F45743972&docid=BC4KmZ2fx2FVSM&tbnid=KKzOF0QJTw3svM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjr_K7qqfzmAhV4CTQIHZ1yAmAQMwhHKAMwAw.. i&w=500&h=271&bih=570&biw=1266&q=princess%20bride%20truly%20you%20have%20a%20dizz ying%20intellect&ved=0ahUKEwjr_K7qqfzmAhV4CTQIHZ1yAmAQMwhHKAMwAw&iact=mrc&uact=8

I suck at embedding and have no clue how to do it. Pb, you have full permission to edit this as necessary snarky comments and all.

RashanGary
01-11-2020, 01:56 PM
What the hell would someone's station in life, have to do with knowing the truth about something. More social conditioning you chant. You judge people based on their job? People are not where they work. It doesn't define them. It's an asinine comment in so many ways.
A childish comment.
And the living with your mother comments were implemented by govt . To make people feel guilty for not moving out alone into a crappy apartment, to become a tax slaves for govt.. the more families govt destroys. The more taxes they earn off your tax slave labor. Before the industrial age, it was normal for families to stay together and pass the house to the next generation. Living in your mom's basement is just code for class system warfare.
I'm better than you, neener neener.
Life isn't cookie cutter perfect for everyone. You are making a childish, cliche, moronic remark.
What I am is a 54 year old man who figured out 4 years ago what he's actually watching in pro sports.

You're mixing in some good shit with your insults and combativeness. I agree with so much of what you said. But it was a lot of anguish for me to see things do dark and painfully. I almost wish I didn't see it so I could just fit in. I'm happy to see people do well and find happiness in this system. They can only push us so far. Many people handle this society well and I'm happy for them

mraynrand
01-11-2020, 01:58 PM
Jimmy the Greek knew it was staged and still managed to lose money each week. This shit isn't easy to grasp.

Loosest slots in town!

bobblehead
01-11-2020, 01:58 PM

Makes sense. Fat mike was in on multiple Packer Collapses in playoffs as is obvious by his blundering the play calling and clock management. Now he will be rewarded with a Dallas Owl win in 2023!

bobblehead
01-11-2020, 02:00 PM
Good point.

Ignore activated.

You can't ignore someone. What if he breaks the rules...you will never see it!!

RashanGary
01-11-2020, 02:00 PM
There are some cows who's temperaments make stall life almost pleasant, and other cows who can't handle it. I'm happy for the happy cows

RashanGary
01-11-2020, 02:02 PM
I speak in metaphors and parables because I'm the reincarnation of jesus

pbmax
01-11-2020, 02:02 PM
You can't ignore someone. What if he breaks the rules...you will never see it!!

Technically, which as we know is the best frame of reference, this could happen.

However, I suspect someone will replay with quote, solving the problem anyway.

pbmax
01-11-2020, 02:03 PM

Dear Baby Jesus,

I suspect you do not care about the outcome of a game, but I was wondering if you have time to talk to my friend about always looking for a bigger play? His name Aaron and he is devoted, but perhaps slightly bull-headed about the thing.

Praise Rashan

bobblehead
01-11-2020, 02:07 PM
There are some cows who's temperaments make stall life almost pleasant, and other cows who can't handle it. I'm happy for the happy cows

Moderator....I would like to change my screen name to "Happy Cow"!! For real.

Gotarace
01-11-2020, 02:11 PM
Hope this guy did the laundry today...One of his Socks is going to get it tonight...

RashanGary
01-11-2020, 02:12 PM
Dear Baby Jesus,

I suspect you do not care about the outcome of a game, but I was wondering if you have time to talk to my friend about always looking for a bigger play? His name Aaron and he is devoted, but perhaps slightly bull-headed about the thing.

Praise Rashan

Yes, child, I will grant your wish!!

RashanGary
01-11-2020, 02:14 PM
You know what's better than taking joy in living vicariously through sports?

Coming to a sports forum to call people idiots. That's joyful and productive

mraynrand
01-11-2020, 02:14 PM

John 10:34-36

Cheesehead Craig
01-11-2020, 02:30 PM
Take it to the Meadow.

Oh nay nay. I'm building a wall around my Meadow and he's paying for it.

Zool
01-11-2020, 02:32 PM
😆

See how I predicted he would say Forrest? I’m actually part of the Illuminati. Now that I’ve told you all, the end is nigh.

Zool
01-11-2020, 02:36 PM
Moderator....I would like to change my screen name to "Happy Cow"!! For real.

I think Mad has to change the Rat names. Won’t let me save the change.

Fritz
01-11-2020, 02:46 PM
I think Mad has to change the Rat names. Won’t let me save the change.

Wait . . . so if I want my new screen name to be "Richard Cheese," I'll have to create a brand-new Rat account?

If I ended up with two accounts, I could argue with myself.

mraynrand
01-11-2020, 02:54 PM

I wouldn't recommend it

Cheesehead Craig
01-11-2020, 03:07 PM
Wait . . . so if I want my new screen name to be "Richard Cheese," I'll have to create a brand-new Rat account?

https://youtu.be/uMygcr3m3jg

George Cumby
01-11-2020, 04:59 PM
Loosest slots in town!

Shall we not discuss Jimmy the Greek’s loose slots?

Mmmmmmmmmkay?

esoxx
01-11-2020, 05:18 PM
So I just saw a Snickers commercial from several years ago, the one where a football player appears as Betty White and then morphs back into himself later on. What I realized watching the ad is mind blowing!

I'm telling you, there is a clear indication from our overlords that the Ravens, yes the Ravens, will be Super Bowl champions this season. They will meet the 49ers in the SB and prevail. It's pretty clear to see. Follow me here.

First, in the video you can clearly see at one point a large black bird fly by in the background of the scene. That bird? A RAVEN!

Second, the main character in the football scene, Betty White. Clear tell signs around her name. The first letter of her name = B. What other team is still in the playoffs that has a B starting their name? BALTIMORE duh.

That they meet San Fran is gleaned from her last name, first letter = W. Any W football team names still in the playoffs? No, but here's where you can't be a dunce and must think a little outside the box. What is the common nickname that football fans, you know, those dummies wasting away 3 hours of their life following dumb jocks, have for the 49ers? The 40 Whiners, eg..the Whiners. Hence W.

B altimore etty
W hiners hite

Not enough proof yet you say? My god man open your fricken eyes!

Betty White's character, when she morphs back into the actual player, is then seen wearing a "65" jersey. That number is another significant tell sign for the Ravens winning the Super Bowl! Who is Lamar Jackson's favorite passing target? Answer: Mark Andrews. And here's where it gets spooky. Mark Andrews height is...wait for it....6'5"! 6 5 Don't you get it??? It can't be any more clear than that!

Instead of just having your head up your ass maybe you idiotic stupid pee pants dummies can just apply one iota of critical thought and wake the fuck up to what is happening all around you. You people sicken me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4WorCP_D9s

George Cumby
01-11-2020, 05:20 PM
^ Mind. Blown.

pbmax
01-11-2020, 06:12 PM
So I just saw a Snickers commercial from several years ago, the one where a football player appears as Betty White and then morphs back into himself later on. What I realized watching the ad is mind blowing!

I'm telling you, there is a clear indication from our overlords that the Ravens, yes the Ravens, will be Super Bowl champions this season. They will meet the 49ers in the SB and prevail. It's pretty clear to see. Follow me here.

First, in the video you can clearly see at one point a large black bird fly by in the background of the scene. That bird? A RAVEN!

Second, the main character in the football scene, Betty White. Clear tell signs around her name. The first letter of her name = B. What other team is still in the playoffs that has a B starting their name? BALTIMORE duh.

That they meet San Fran is gleaned from her last name, first letter = W. Any W football team names still in the playoffs? No, but here's where you can't be a dunce and must think a little outside the box. What is the common nickname that football fans, you know, those dummies wasting away 3 hours of their life following dumb jocks, have for the 49ers? The 40 Whiners, eg..the Whiners. Hence W.

B altimore etty
W hiners hite

Not enough proof yet you say? My god man open your fricken eyes!

Betty White's character, when she morphs back into the actual player, is then seen wearing a "65" jersey. That number is another significant tell sign for the Ravens winning the Super Bowl! Who is Lamar Jackson's favorite passing target? Answer: Mark Andrews. And here's where it gets spooky. Mark Andrews height is...wait for it....6'5"! 6 5 Don't you get it??? It can't be any more clear than that!

Instead of just having your head up your ass maybe you idiotic stupid pee pants dummies can just apply one iota of critical thought and wake the fuck up to what is happening all around you. You people sicken me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4WorCP_D9s

Bobble, I need you to lay a wager for me!

esoxx
01-12-2020, 10:45 AM
I should have known that Snickers ad was way too obvious and was just a head fake pointing to the Ravens.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a 2017 Campbell's Chunky soup commercial to review.

George Cumby
01-12-2020, 10:59 AM
:-)

esoxx
01-12-2020, 05:01 PM
Came up empty on the Campbell's ads, but have a lead that the 2020 Super Bowl Champion was indicated by tell signs in the movie Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.

mraynrand
01-12-2020, 05:22 PM
Came up empty on the Campbell's ads, but have a lead that the 2020 Super Bowl Champion was indicated by tell signs in the movie Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.

Alllllllrighty Then!

pbmax
01-12-2020, 09:55 PM
Try Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

George Cumby
01-12-2020, 10:00 PM
Try Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

Made my kids watch that over break.

My ten year old daughter kept saying "They are SO Stupid!"

pbmax
01-12-2020, 10:04 PM

That is an encouraging response. Much better than the alternative.

~Rips bong hit~

"Whoa! Joan of Arc!"

scharpcheddar
01-13-2020, 01:41 PM
Niners vs Chiefs.
The end

mraynrand
01-13-2020, 01:42 PM
Niners vs Chiefs.
The end

Stay sharp, cheddar

mraynrand
01-13-2020, 01:44 PM

Best scene ever is the one at the end where they go to get the keys. "Hey we can go back in time from the future and put the keys there!" They then recover the keys they need that their future selves put just where they needed them. "Hey we better remember to put those keys there in the future." "Why?" "Allright!" (or something like that)

Fritz
01-13-2020, 02:23 PM
Niners vs Chiefs.
The end

Now, is this a prediction, or is this your sure-fire knowledge that the SB has already been determined?

mraynrand
01-13-2020, 02:55 PM
Now, is this a prediction, or is this your sure-fire knowledge that the SB has already been determined?

His predictions are predicated on his predilections.

RashanGary
01-13-2020, 02:59 PM
Niners vs Chiefs.
The end

This would have seemed more profound if you had called it out on week 1

George Cumby
01-13-2020, 03:10 PM

You DARE to question his prescient, precocious perspicacity?

scharpcheddar
01-13-2020, 05:00 PM
This would have seemed more profound if you had called it out on week 1

I called niners winning SB on multiple forums, in August

QBME
01-13-2020, 05:00 PM
You DARE to question his prescient, precocious perspicacity?

Awesome alliteration.

scharpcheddar
01-13-2020, 05:03 PM

The season is predetermined regardless of my pick.
Judt like a movie or tv show. Knowing it's scripted doesn't mean you know the end. But there are repetitive formulas. The people that told you history repeats itself, are the ones doing it to you in the first place

ChicagoSmellsLikeFarts
01-13-2020, 07:20 PM
KC scares the living crap out of me.

RashanGary
01-13-2020, 07:47 PM
The season is predetermined regardless of my pick.
Judt like a movie or tv show. Knowing it's scripted doesn't mean you know the end. But there are repetitive formulas. The people that told you history repeats itself, are the ones doing it to you in the first place

:lol:

MadtownPacker
01-13-2020, 07:53 PM
I called niners winning SB on multiple forums, in AugustSo that’s how you ended up at this shithole huh?

Links or it didn’t happen!

Zool
01-13-2020, 07:55 PM
Must have been watching Red Dawn while playing Red Dead Redemption. Chiefs and 49ers.

scharpcheddar
01-13-2020, 08:28 PM
Must have been watching Red Dawn while playing Red Dead Redemption. Chiefs and 49ers.

Red= 54, in gematria . Helps the narrative.

scharpcheddar
01-13-2020, 08:31 PM
KC scares the living crap out of me.

If there's one thing the nfl enjoys doing. It's helping black QBS fail in big games. Mahomes has more than the nfc to compete with.

Fosco33
01-17-2020, 09:17 AM
Maybe this has been mentioned but I don’t recall. If SB is Pack-Titans, M4 May have an advantage given he spent all of ‘18 w/ the Titans

mraynrand
01-17-2020, 09:45 AM
If there's one thing the nfl enjoys doing. It's helping black QBS fail in big games. Mahomes has more than the nfc to compete with.

Doug Williams approved this post

As an aside, is Sideshow Bob even black? I don't pay much attention to skin color.

mraynrand
01-17-2020, 09:46 AM
Maybe this has been mentioned but I don’t recall. If SB is Pack-Titans, M4 May have an advantage given he spent all of ‘18 w/ the Titans

How will that help him stop a freight train?

scharpcheddar
01-17-2020, 02:39 PM
Doug Williams approved this post

As an aside, is Sideshow Bob even black? I don't pay much attention to skin color.

Lol that's my point ..2 in 50 years is bullshit. If the sport were real, more black QBS would have reached and won.a SB.
Doug wasn't even a starter that year. Maybe 3 games. It's so you don't really remember him. No prominent stats.

Whether you think you pay attention to skin color is irrelevant. Let's be blunt. Cities like green bay and new england have never and will never have long term Black QBS. Meanwhile Philadelphia has had 2 long term Black starters. The nfl knows it's fan base race/ethnic population in each city and works accordingly.

Fosco33
01-17-2020, 04:32 PM
I’m glad we have the mute/ignore option. There’s just some things that are too crazy to react to. ��

scharpcheddar
01-17-2020, 04:54 PM
I’m glad we have the mute/ignore option. There’s just some things that are too crazy to react to. ��

Or maybe you simply aren't intelligent enough to grasp the concept.

Zool
01-17-2020, 07:19 PM
What a nice guy you are.

MadtownPacker
01-17-2020, 07:24 PM
I’m glad we have the mute/ignore option. There’s just some things that are too crazy to react to. ��Quit using the phone emojis you greaseball! They don’t show up for us so we don’t know what your emotional state is.

For the record I only refer to Back to the Future for my sports bets.

scharpcheddar
01-17-2020, 09:25 PM
What a nice guy you are.

I know, I know, a tad ugly for words on a screen.
I'm sorry.
But he's ignoring me so.....

Fosco33
01-17-2020, 09:27 PM
Quit using the phone emojis you greaseball! They don’t show up for us so we don’t know what your emotional state is.

For the record I only refer to Back to the Future for my sports bets.

Let’s try them all :/ ;/ ;) :( :) ;! ;-) :-/ :-( :-) :wave:

Fosco33
01-17-2020, 09:29 PM

Knowing their calls, formations, adjustments, etc. it certainly can’t hurt.

pbmax
01-18-2020, 08:55 AM

He knows to put a penny on the track.

MadtownPacker
01-18-2020, 10:38 AM
I think Mad has to change the Rat names. Won’t let me save the change.Sorry, the White privilege had to stop somewhere.

esoxx
01-18-2020, 11:22 AM

Fritz
01-18-2020, 06:18 PM
Sorry, the White privilege had to stop somewhere.

You are one funny and smart motherf_@$&'. If you work hard, you'll have the same chance to succeed as the rest of us (priveleged white fu&$@[&) do.

Radagast
01-19-2020, 12:00 AM
First a word to "sharpchedder". Independent expression is not encouraged in this or other sports forums. Beating your head against a wall serves no purpose but to foster retaliation from the majority posters. It's like , you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. The more you post your opinions, the more they will be contested, until it leads to personal attacks and/or possibly worse. I recommend very short post like.

Green Bay by 3

over

San Francisco

A luck filled day for Green Bay.

pbmax
01-19-2020, 09:26 AM
No one is censoring sharpcheddar. People are abusing his notions; which is like a critical review of a film.

PackersRats is the peer review journal for the troubled football fan.

MadtownPacker
01-19-2020, 09:36 AM
First a word to "sharpchedder". Independent expression is not encouraged in this or other sports forums. Beating your head against a wall serves no purpose but to foster retaliation from the majority posters. It's like , you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. The more you post your opinions, the more they will be contested, until it leads to personal attacks and/or possibly worse. I recommend very short post like.

Green Bay by 3

over

San Francisco

A luck filled day for Green Bay.Hey crying elitist, you are abusing his opinion right now cuz he informed us Niners are winning the SuperBowl. Very disrespectful for you to go against it in those offensively large and colorful fonts! What if he has chromophobia you heartless puke!

George Cumby
01-19-2020, 10:02 AM

Green Bay by 3

over

San Francisco

A luck filled day for Green Bay.

Go pound sand you arrogant, pompous ass.

Short enough for you?

bobblehead
01-19-2020, 10:09 AM
No one is censoring sharpcheddar. People are abusing his notions; which is like a critical review of a film.

PackersRats is the peer review journal for the troubled football fan.

Thats right. As long as he doesn't express a political opinion we can all handle his ignorance and tolerate him....just don't you dare say something about P#@!$i !!!!!

mraynrand
01-19-2020, 10:29 AM
Go pound sand you arrogant, pompous ass.

Short enough for you?

You proved his point! He had this beautiful original post and all you did was criticize. You’re just a compliant drone! 😀

Zool
01-19-2020, 11:04 AM
“I am able to criticize anyone I want for anything, but in being oppressed when someone criticizes me”. Fuck all this notion that millennials are any different than any other generation. We have some bitchy old fucks who try to dish out their brand of what-the-fuck-every, then cry censorship when you say anything to them. You all know who you are.

texaspackerbacker
01-19-2020, 11:10 AM
Gosh, can't we all just get along? hahahahahahahaha

RashanGary
01-19-2020, 12:16 PM
“I am able to criticize anyone I want for anything, but in being oppressed when someone criticizes me”. Fuck all this notion that millennials are any different than any other generation. We have some bitchy old fucks who try to dish out their brand of what-the-fuck-every, then cry censorship when you say anything to them. You all know who you are.

I refer to them as millenitards

George Cumby
01-19-2020, 12:32 PM
You proved his point! He had this beautiful original post and all you did was criticize. You’re just a compliant drone! ��

No, no, no, no.

I'm just not Gifted enough to appreciate his GENIUS.

mmmdk
01-19-2020, 02:04 PM
Canada has no chance...

ThunderDan
01-19-2020, 02:15 PM
I have finally deciphered all the TV commercials and have come up to the realization it is all fixed by the NFL.

Except sharpecheddar is wrong. He needs to rewatch the most obvious hint of all. Everyone go and watch the State Farm commercial where the agent now has 2 clients, ARod and Mahommes.

Green Bay verses KC in the Superb Owl.

ThunderDan
01-19-2020, 02:17 PM
Thats right. As long as he doesn't express a political opinion we can all handle his ignorance and tolerate him....just don't you dare say something about P#@!$i !!!!!

Except that is what FYI is for. Take it and leave it there. Let the Packer stuff have its own place.

Gotarace
01-19-2020, 02:31 PM
I have finally deciphered all the TV commercials and have come up to the realization it is all fixed by the NFL.

Except sharpecheddar is wrong. He needs to rewatch the most obvious hint of all. Everyone go and watch the State Farm commercial where the agent now has 2 clients, ARod and Mahommes.

No Scientology...Voodoo...Numerology...or Ouija Board involved...Gotta Be Fake News.

MadtownPacker
01-19-2020, 02:33 PM

Green Bay verses KC in the Superb Owl.I have been calling it the State Farms Bowl.

Sharpie was playing us along along so we wouldn’t get too happy but he knew.;)

mraynrand
01-19-2020, 02:33 PM

Just imagine how great those SB State Farm commercials will be! I cannot wait! I hear they are premiering a new ‘Mayhem’ commercial during the NFCC game. How great is that? #goldenage.

HowardRoark
01-19-2020, 02:34 PM
Strong statement/commercial from NFL - Inspire Change

mraynrand
01-19-2020, 02:41 PM
NFL is upping their game. 2020 they are introducing play61. Add a minute of play and reduce circulating glucose by 2mg/dl.

MadtownPacker
01-19-2020, 02:48 PM
State Farm could be paying to get their spokeQBs into a dream matchup. It really does make sense and would be worth the price. Let’s hope so.

pbmax
01-19-2020, 03:02 PM
Canada has no chance...

I am sure there is a Megan and Harry thread in the Romper Room.

Radagast
01-19-2020, 03:45 PM
Hey crying elitist, you are abusing his opinion right now cuz he informed us Niners are winning the SuperBowl. Very disrespectful for you to go against it in those offensively large and colorful fonts! What if he has chromophobia you heartless puke!

There it is, the expected personal attack. Chromophobia ? Did the garbage dump supply you with a used dictionary? Wow, a 12 letter word.

sharpchedder is just looking to stir up members with his post, and you and others did as he wanted you to. Don't send him any money. LOL

MadtownPacker
01-19-2020, 04:14 PM
Cant handle it little Nancyboy? :lol:

You must only read your own post. I am one of Sharpies biggest supporters. He is way more entertaining then you. Maybe even liked by the savages here because he doesn’t claim to be better than us commoners. Try pulling your grey poopon jar out your ass, anything less would be uncivilized.

Harlan Huckleby
01-19-2020, 11:50 PM
Chiefs - 49ers is gonna be a great super bowl

Good to put Tom Brady in the rear view mirror.

Radagast
01-20-2020, 12:14 AM
Chiefs - 49ers is gonna be a great super bowl

Good to put Tom Brady in the rear view mirror.

Yes I agree. No Patriots, Steelers, Giants, or Seahawks is refreshing. A GB/KC Super Bowl would have had a great media build up, but GB was not ready to play the Chiefs with Mahomes starting at QB. SF/KC should be very competitive.

Both KC and SF are strong in all aspects, but at this point I give the edge to Mahomes and the Chiefs. Based conditionally on the current list of uninjured or sick players.

KC by 5

Fosco33
02-02-2020, 09:34 PM
Is it time yet to go back through and laugh at the stupid shit here? Scripted/predetermined, league against black QBs, etc.

Zool
02-02-2020, 09:36 PM
Is it time yet to go back through and laugh at the stupid shit here? Scripted/predetermined, league against black QBs, etc.

Better people than me would let it slide. I for one plan to bring this up frequently.

George Cumby
02-02-2020, 09:37 PM
Too soon.

Kidding.

It’s never too soon.

Fosco33
02-02-2020, 09:38 PM
3 of last 5 MVPs were black QBs. But those are just facts.

George Cumby
02-02-2020, 09:39 PM
3/5.

I’m sure that’s significant

pbmax
02-02-2020, 09:49 PM
3 of last 5 MVPs were black QBs. But those are just facts.

How many before that?

Rastak
02-02-2020, 09:57 PM
How many before that?

I'd like to know how many black guys won the batting title in baseball before 1947? Could very well be a lack of a chance, right?

I would say these days that isn't the issue but it sure as hell was back in the day.

pbmax
02-02-2020, 10:17 PM
I'd like to know how many black guys won the batting title in baseball before 1947? Could very well be a lack of a chance, right?

I would say these days that isn't the issue but it sure as hell was back in the day.

Problem is people think there is some switch that is flipped and everything changes. Nothing but household electricity works like that. No one player, no one rule will do that.

Change comes slowly. Its good that its happened and happening. Its not complete yet.

And part of it just the hidebound nature of the NFL. It took the recognition of the severe shortage of 6' 5" programmable automatons with rocket arms and mobility, the ever increasing (seemingly) need to pass and the myriad options available in college, plus some analytics to finally push coaches to adjust away from Craig Morton ball.

Fosco33
02-02-2020, 10:20 PM
Totally PB.

mraynrand
02-03-2020, 06:47 AM
Problem is people think there is some switch that is flipped and everything changes.

speak for yourself. Now, let me tell you a story about NYC basketball in the early part of the last century. Won't you be surprised...

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/basketball-and-the-jews/

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/irene-kaufmann-settlement-basketball-ajhs.jpg

mraynrand
02-03-2020, 07:23 AM
As GB enjoys a well deserved bye/rest, I'll look forward to watching NO take Minnesota apart. Laughing all the way? True as it can ever be. LOL LOL LOL

The two birds (Seahawks/Eagles) will beat each other up in Philadelphia. I see Seattle surviving this heavyweight bought.

Should this all come to pass, SF will again play the Seahawks, but this time in SF for the Divisional Playoff round. SF to win and go on to host the NFC Championship game.

GB will host NO in their divisional round playoff game. IMO, the Saints win this game and will move on to play SF in the NFC Championship game.

NO plays Baltimore in the SB in Miami.

The New Orleans Saints win the Super Bowl game.

Rad, you are the secret Vegas weapon. Keep posting predictions and next season: I will make serious bank by scrupulously betting exactly the opposite of your picks.