PDA

View Full Version : How Will The Packers Do In The Playoffs?

Joemailman
12-30-2019, 07:17 PM
One and done? Superb Owl Champs? Somewhere In Between?

Poll To Follow.

Fritz
12-30-2019, 07:29 PM
Unless Rodgers can significantly improve his accuracy, they'll be one-and-done.

Joemailman
12-30-2019, 07:58 PM

I can understand people feeling that way, but I'm not so sure. Reason is, Rodgers' accuracy is not a major reason this team won 13 games. They won 13 games because of turnover differential and red zone efficiency. If they falter in one of those areas, they may be one and done.

wist43
12-30-2019, 08:02 PM
Yeah, we're one and done.

We're gonna draw NO in the 2nd rd... NO is a very good, very experienced team.

Lefleur made some stupid mistakes in the Lions game, so he has some learning to do; Rodgers is a shell of his former self physically, and who knows what the fuck he's looking at while in the pocket; the defense is much improved, but very Jekyl and Hyde...

Brees and co will roll us pretty easily I think.

texaspackerbacker
12-30-2019, 08:06 PM
I'm gonna withhold my vote for now. I'm reasonably sure we win in the division round, but I can't bring myself to predict either losing or winning against the Niners - ditto that against the Ravens if in fact when we play either of them.

I say again, New Orleans is overrated. I'd be more confident against them than the Vikings a third time.

Joemailman
12-30-2019, 08:06 PM
Yeah, we're one and done.

We're gonna draw NO in the 2nd rd... NO is a very good, very experienced team.

Lefleur made some stupid mistakes in the Lions game, so he has some learning to do; Rodgers is a shell of his former self physically, and who knows what the fuck he's looking at while in the pocket; the defense is much improved, but very Jekyl and Hyde...

Brees and co will roll us pretty easily I think.

Keep in mind Brees and Sean Payton are 7-1 in the dome in the playoffs, 1-5 elsewhere. They're just not the same in the cold.

texaspackerbacker
12-30-2019, 08:10 PM
Joe, you shouldn't have closed the vote before we even know who we play first.

Vincenzo
12-30-2019, 08:27 PM
Agreed! It’s in Rodgers hands.

Harlan Huckleby
12-30-2019, 08:56 PM
I'm pessimistic because anything older than about three days is a blur.

Bossman641
12-30-2019, 09:32 PM
The offense has been just- missing opportunities for weeks now. I'm as pissed as anyone in the number of shot plays Rodgers took Sunday but if they can hit on 2/3 of those per game I still think they can beat any of the NFC teams. Brees and the Saints are gonna look a lot different in 20 degree weather.

Cheesehead Craig
12-30-2019, 09:35 PM
All the way baby!

Freak Out
12-30-2019, 10:43 PM
SF almost lost to a team with street pickup RBs.

call_me_ishmael
12-30-2019, 10:48 PM
With New Orleans I always expect 8-0 at home, 4-4 on the road. To me, that means they're beatable in the cold. I voted but if I could retract it, I would. I think they win the first game. We'll see how everyone looks this the next two weeks and go from there.

MadtownPacker
12-30-2019, 11:25 PM
First game gets everyone’s hopes up. Second game leaves us all crushed after they get oh so close.

Vincenzo
12-31-2019, 07:23 AM
First game gets everyone’s hopes up. Second game leaves us all crushed after they get oh so close.
It’s the embarrassing dismantling game like the San Fran 9ers one that scares the bejayzuz out of me. I think I could stomach a close loss much-much easier.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-31-2019, 08:17 AM
Packers over Saints

Packers over Seagulls

Packers over Patriots

GOAT retires after SB. Unretires in July. Signs with J-Mac-led Giants.

texaspackerbacker
12-31-2019, 09:50 AM
Who are you referring to as GOAT? I could see Brady retiring, not the real GOAT.

Fritz
12-31-2019, 10:59 AM
I can understand people feeling that way, but I'm not so sure. Reason is, Rodgers' accuracy is not a major reason this team won 13 games. They won 13 games because of turnover differential and red zone efficiency. If they falter in one of those areas, they may be one and done.

If this team were led by a vintage Rodgers, they'd go toe-to-toe with anybody, and beat most of 'em - the defense is the best that Green Bay has had since that 2013 or 14 year - when they lost to Seattle in the NFC Championship game. The special teams is solid now, with Crosby and Scott bouncing back and Ervin on returns solidifying that part.

They have the defense. They have the special teams. They have a rising star in Aaron Jones. The offensive line, I don't care what Tex says, is solid. They have an All-Pro receiver in Davante Adams.

But their tight end corps is weak, as is the receiving corps not named Adams or Lazard.

But the biggest problem will be Rodgers's accuracy. Green Bay cannot beat a playoff-caliber team if Rodgers can't get his accuracy back for the playoffs. Teams with quarterbacks like Brees and Wilson will overwhelm the Packers if Rodgers can't play better than he has lately. The defense can only hold up for so long against guys like those two.

George Cumby
12-31-2019, 11:49 AM
Packers over Saints

Packers over Seagulls

Packers over Patriots

GOAT retires after SB. Unretires in July. Signs with J-Mac-led Giants.

LOL.

beveaux1
12-31-2019, 12:42 PM
If this team were led by a vintage Rodgers, they'd go toe-to-toe with anybody, and beat most of 'em - the defense is the best that Green Bay has had since that 2013 or 14 year - when they lost to Seattle in the NFC Championship game. The special teams is solid now, with Crosby and Scott bouncing back and Ervin on returns solidifying that part.

They have the defense. They have the special teams. They have a rising star in Aaron Jones. The offensive line, I don't care what Tex says, is solid. They have an All-Pro receiver in Davante Adams.

But their tight end corps is weak, as is the receiving corps not named Adams or Lazard.

But the biggest problem will be Rodgers's accuracy. Green Bay cannot beat a playoff-caliber team if Rodgers can't get his accuracy back for the playoffs. Teams with quarterbacks like Brees and Wilson will overwhelm the Packers if Rodgers can't play better than he has lately. The defense can only hold up for so long against guys like those two.

This.

George Cumby
12-31-2019, 12:56 PM
This.

+1

Anti-Polar Bear
01-01-2020, 04:17 AM
Who are you referring to as GOAT? I could see Brady retiring, not the real GOAT.

Til the Great Arm of Butte wins 5 more rings, history and country music say Brady's the GOAT.

Joemailman
01-04-2020, 10:48 PM
Joe, you shouldn't have closed the vote before we even know who we play first.Poll is still open.

texaspackerbacker
01-04-2020, 11:18 PM
I finally decided to vote. I didn't want you to be lonesome on that 3rd choice level, Joe.

Honestly, I can't really make a good guess. We could go all the way, or we could lose bad in the first game or anything in between. This team has been up early in the season, pretty mediocre for a long period in the middle, then outstanding for a game or two, then back to crap the last game. How will they be in the playoffs? Anybody's guess.

MadtownPacker
01-05-2020, 11:13 AM
Tex, look at all these gawdamn, negativist, doubter morons saying the Pack doesn’t win the Superbowl!!

Oh wait, what did you vote? :oops:

texaspackerbacker
01-05-2020, 01:45 PM
hahahaha I guess I didn't want to be accused of being a homer.

MadtownPacker
01-05-2020, 02:48 PM
Well played sir! :lol:

Fritz
01-05-2020, 03:31 PM
Well, whom do Rats prefer to see coming into Lambeau - the Seahawks or the Iggles?

Fosco33
01-05-2020, 06:36 PM
I change my playoff prediction. GB by 10 over Sea.

MadtownPacker
01-05-2020, 06:41 PM
I don’t give a shit about the score. 1 point win is enough to wipe that shit look off carrolls fucking face.

George Cumby
01-05-2020, 07:09 PM
I don’t give a shit about the score. 1 point win is enough to wipe that shit look off carrolls fucking face.

Proud Dad moment:

During the game today, my son says Carroll looks "dodgy" and "reminds me of Chancellor Palpatine".

MadtownPacker
01-05-2020, 08:19 PM
Proud Dad moment:

During the game today, my son says Carroll looks "dodgy" and "reminds me of Chancellor Palpatine".The young one must have a high midichlorian count.

Chancellor Carroll even has a DBag ring to it!!

Joemailman
01-12-2020, 09:02 PM
bobblehead, Bretsky, Fritz, Harlan Huckleby, hoosier, mmmdk, Vincenzo and wist43 have been officially eliminated!

:pack::glug::wave::tup::five::alc::pack:

pbmax
01-12-2020, 10:03 PM
Funny, haven't seen wist today.

Maybe he shows up to predict doom on Friday?

pbmax
01-12-2020, 10:03 PM
Really rooting for 13 people to be dead wrong.

George Cumby
01-12-2020, 10:05 PM
Really rooting for 13 people to be dead wrong.

Really wanting to be wrong.

beveaux1
01-12-2020, 10:26 PM
Really wanting to be wrong.

Me, too.

Joemailman
01-19-2020, 08:47 PM
beveaux1, call_me_ishmael, esoxx, Fosco33, George Cumby, Gotarace, HarveyWallbangers, MadtownPacker, pbmax, Sparkey, and Zool are the winners!

Um...Congratulations?

George Cumby
01-19-2020, 09:34 PM
I hate being right, sometimes.

pbmax
01-19-2020, 09:59 PM
Well, I got this to soothe the pain of losing $1,000 imaginary dollars.