PDA

View Full Version : Will anybody actually........

CaptainKickass
09-11-2006, 03:47 PM
Will anybody actually........place the blame on the players?

When do we discontinue blaming TT and MM and Schittenheimer, etc etc, and begin placing the blame on the players? They are the ones who are responsible.

For example:

I didn't see any of our defenders going for the "ball strip" when there were 2 players in on a tackle. The players know they should attempt to get a turnover, yet nobody tried to punch it out or rip it out of the hands of the carriers most signifigantly in the second half.

Can we blame the players at all on this board?

gbpackfan
09-11-2006, 03:49 PM
I blame everyone for that loss!

The players sucked! The coaching sucked! The GM sucked! Even the Beer Vendors sucked!

EVERYONE SUCKED! IT WAS A FUCKING JOKE AND AN EMBARASSMENT!

Is that better?!

:shock:

CyclonePackFan
09-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Absolutely. I place a lot of blame on our tackles for not executing their blocks correctly, along with our backup RB's for not picking up blitzes and therefore not giving Brett time to find an open receiver. While I'm on that note, I blame our receivers and tight ends for dropping balls and failing to break tackles in the open field.

Patler
09-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Robert Ferguson made a great catch! (He has had enough blame in the past!) :D

jack's smirking revenge
09-11-2006, 03:57 PM

When do we discontinue blaming TT and MM and Schittenheimer, etc etc, and begin placing the blame on the players? They are the ones who are responsible.

For example:

I didn't see any of our defenders going for the "ball strip" when there were 2 players in on a tackle. The players know they should attempt to get a turnover, yet nobody tried to punch it out or rip it out of the hands of the carriers most signifigantly in the second half.

Totally! I guess I haven't gotten that far yet. Manuel looked slow. Herron must've been handling fish before the game, because he was having trouble with the football. Jennings looked like he just couldn't connect with Favre. Poppinga looked lost. Muhammad made our secondary look third or fourth. The list could go on...

I guess the focus has been on blaming the generals for not having prepared soliders. But you're right--the blame for a shutout at home needs to be passed around.

tyler

FritzDontBlitz
09-11-2006, 04:11 PM

For example:

of course a player's getting the blame for the loss. most tend to blame it all on brett....

MJZiggy
09-11-2006, 04:28 PM
Blame the players? Why...what a novel idea!!