PDA

View Full Version : Official On To Seahawks Week

pbmax
01-05-2020, 07:49 PM
Weather forecast says high of 31. 20% change of precipitation.

Gonna want to hose the field down real good the night before.

George Cumby
01-05-2020, 07:54 PM
Turn off the field heaters.

pbmax
01-05-2020, 07:59 PM
Turn off the field heaters.

What kind of battery fits best in a slush ball?

Or perhaps more to the point, what will give us the best aerodynamic performance?

Gotarace
01-05-2020, 07:59 PM
No 2007 Snow Globe game...loved the Blizzard and the Outcome

pbmax
01-05-2020, 08:01 PM
Matt Schneidman @mattschneidman

Russell Wilson career at Lambeau Field (three games):

Record: 0-3
Comp. %: 57.3%
Pass yds/game: 201.3
Pass TDs: 3
INTs: 6

Vincenzo
01-05-2020, 08:03 PM
Packers have opened as 4 point favourites. I think the spread should be at least a point less given “it’s hard to cheer against russ wilson, he’s such an optimistic and complementary person. A good dude.” Meanwhile our guy is a complete dick.

pbmax
01-05-2020, 08:13 PM
Jeff Blumb @jeffblumb
Al Harris HAS to be the honorary captain next Sunday for the #Packers.

HARRIS AND HASSELBACK!

QBME
01-05-2020, 08:27 PM
Hopefully Aaron Rodgers visited a world class proctologist this week and had a successful cranium retraction procedure.

Vincenzo
01-05-2020, 08:53 PM
Hopefully Aaron Rodgers visited a world class proctologist this week and had a successful cranium retraction procedure.
Lol, good one. 👍

Joemailman
01-05-2020, 09:10 PM
Wishing the Packers many happy returns.

https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_editorial_landscape_12_desktop/packers/aboigaj0tdg1wyw8bnol

Joemailman
01-05-2020, 09:18 PM
"Let Seahawks win the coin flip. Maybe Russell Wilson will say "We want the ball. We're going to score."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAgG9XcrDFY

George Cumby
01-05-2020, 09:23 PM
What is really disturbing is that was in 2003.

Bretsky
01-05-2020, 09:32 PM
I don't want to see all of the highlights from the dark game; I've blacked that all out

Joemailman
01-05-2020, 10:00 PM
I don't want to see all of the highlights from the dark game; I've blacked that all out

That's best. If I went back and reconstructed it, I think I would be shocked at how many things went wrong in a short amount of time.

smuggler
01-05-2020, 10:16 PM
I have heard a lot of pundits say that Seattle will not have Clowney in this game. How big of an impact will that make?

bobblehead
01-05-2020, 11:19 PM
Jeff Blumb @jeffblumb
Al Harris HAS to be the honorary captain next Sunday for the #Packers.

HARRIS AND HASSELBACK!

In the debacle that I try not to think about I actually changed jerseys as OT started and donned my Al Harris jersey...it didn't work.

call_me_ishmael
01-05-2020, 11:54 PM
I have heard a lot of pundits say that Seattle will not have Clowney in this game. How big of an impact will that make?

I, personally, would be shocked if he was suspended. It'd be a huge impact. Like Z not being available for the Packers.

smuggler
01-06-2020, 12:01 AM
I, personally, would be shocked if he was suspended. It'd be a huge impact. Like Z not being available for the Packers.

Way I've heard it is 100% getting suspended. Depending on appeal/timing of appeal, it might not end up happening, or it might not happen in our game.

Fritz
01-06-2020, 06:09 AM
Way I've heard it is 100% getting suspended. Depending on appeal/timing of appeal, it might not end up happening, or it might not happen in our game.

Come on, you know the league will not suspend him for the game. They'll harumph about reviewing it all carefully, then fine him, maybe suspend him after the game for the first three games of next season or something.

Fosco33
01-06-2020, 08:05 AM
Come on, you know the league will not suspend him for the game. They'll harumph about reviewing it all carefully, then fine him, maybe suspend him after the game for the first three games of next season or something.

There was a quote from Sea locker room after the game essentially calling for a repeat of Wentz hit on ARod. League has got to love that...

pbmax
01-06-2020, 08:21 AM
In the debacle that I try not to think about I actually changed jerseys as OT started and donned my Al Harris jersey...it didn't work.

Need to start with Harris I'd think.

pbmax
01-06-2020, 08:23 AM
What is really disturbing is that was in 2003.

3 years before this board. Probably around the time JSO was not-moderating itself to death. Death as far as message boards go.

pbmax
01-06-2020, 09:30 AM
Bill Huber, SI https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/special-teams-go-from-hot-mess-to-hot

Through Week 12, Green Bay’s special teams ranked 26th in our five-category rankings. It was a ranking salvaged only by the work of kicker Mason Crosby. Over the final five weeks, it:

- Improved from 21st to 17th in starting field position on a kickoff return.

- Improved from 21st to 18th in opponent starting position following a kickoff.

- Improved from 29th to 21st in opponent net punting average.

- Fell from 21st to 24th in net punting average.

- Fell from fourth to fifth in field-goal percentage.

pbmax
01-06-2020, 09:38 AM
While Ervin has delivered consistently good field position, Green Bay’s kickoff-coverage has allowed just 19.5 yards per return the past eight games compared to 29.2 yards the first eight games.

Meanwhile, under Zook, penalties were an enormous issue. Last year, the Packers were guilty of 26 penalties – only one off the league lead. This year, the count is down to 13 – tied for the sixth-fewest.

Interesting how Ervin has changed things. Tremon Smith was not in a good situation for a punt returner. Either because they did not trust him or the blocking was horrendous, he fair caught everything. Ervin returns many more, and more effectively, even though he was cut for a punt return fumble.

But even with kickoffs, he shines compared to Smith. Smith has two 30+ yard returns and Ervin is still out averaging him by 3 yards per kickoff.

I suspect the kick return blocking has been better than the punt return, but having a threat seems to have lifted the efforts of both units.

Freak Out
01-06-2020, 10:14 AM
Hawks have played great on the road this year...they will be tough even with ancient RBs on the field. If the Clown get suspended that would help things.

yetisnowman
01-06-2020, 10:27 AM
Clowney definitely targeted him. He definitely won't be suspended. I'm not sure where that is coming from. The league issued a statement after the game saying it was determined the contact was incidental. They aren't going to do a 180 in a few days and suspend him. It was just crafty enough on Clowney's part to not look super aggressive and purposeful. But he definitely leaned in to the hit to drive Wentz's head and neck into the ground. Dirty but savvy in a scumbag kind of way.
I really think we are the better team, but frankly Russell is the better qb right now. He is super accurate on deep balls that result in huge plays. Aaron isn't. Execution on those plays could be the difference.
On the other hand Philly hung in there and was a few plays away with McCown. Eliminate the monster plays, and Rodgers just plays pretty good and should be a W.

pbmax
01-06-2020, 12:04 PM
Diving headfirst into a player going to the ground should just be an ejection.

Its serves no purpose except to threaten injury. Just need to dive on top of the player if its head first and you don't want them to slide forward or roll for yardage.

George Cumby
01-06-2020, 01:05 PM
what a surprise a Pete Carroll coached player would be a dirty cheap shot kind of guy.

I’m sure Chancellor Carroll gave him a stern talking to.

Fosco33
01-06-2020, 01:21 PM
Imagine if HaHa hadn’t went down on that INT...

It’d be fun to beat this team senseless

Joemailman
01-06-2020, 01:25 PM
Imagine if HaHa hadn’t went down on that INT...

It’d be fun to beat this team senseless

Burnett.

Tony Oday
01-06-2020, 02:09 PM
The Vikings beating the Saints REALLY helped the Packers. If we can win this week we will go to the SB.

pbmax
01-06-2020, 02:12 PM
The Vikings beating the Saints REALLY helped the Packers. If we can win this week we will go to the SB.

I get this, but are you still that afraid of this year's Saints after that performance at home?

I spend the second game wondering if we should be more concerned with the Chickens.

Fritz
01-06-2020, 03:21 PM
I think this Seattle team is not as good as the one that beat the Packers in 2015, neither offensively nor defensively. I think this Packer defense is better than that year's version, but the offense, I dunno. Rodgers played on one leg in that game, but he was good, really good. Lacy was good, too, but Aaron Jones is a better big threat.

I think the defense will be slightly hamstrung because Wilson is so mobile, but they have some speed on defense now. I think the defense will do its job - this will be on the offense to perform. The offensive line needs to block well, running and passing, and Rodgers, well, he needs to be better than he has been lately.

And the usual no turnovers on offense has to happen.

I think this game's on the offense. The Packers are a better team, IF Rodgers plays better than he has.

pbmax
01-06-2020, 03:27 PM
I think this Seattle team is not as good as the one that beat the Packers in 2015, neither offensively nor defensively. I think this Packer defense is better than that year's version, but the offense, I dunno. Rodgers played on one leg in that game, but he was good, really good. Lacy was good, too, but Aaron Jones is a better big threat.

I think the defense will be slightly hamstrung because Wilson is so mobile, but they have some speed on defense now. I think the defense will do its job - this will be on the offense to perform. The offensive line needs to block well, running and passing, and Rodgers, well, he needs to be better than he has been lately.

And the usual no turnovers on offense has to happen.

I think this game's on the offense. The Packers are a better team, IF Rodgers plays better than he has.

Holy Fackrell can catch Wilson.

scharpcheddar
01-06-2020, 05:02 PM
Look, I'm a Packers and Rams fan. My dad's side is from Random Lake Wisconsin. I have James Lofton rookie autograph from Packers camp in 77/78? (My dad was a lousy father by the way).
But as was shown in the first round. The league enjoys screwing with you. The Packers are weak this year
They either lose this game or vs SF.

texaspackerbacker
01-06-2020, 06:09 PM
As I said, the Saints were/are overrated. I wish I had the guts to predict they would lose in Pick'em (hindsight is 20/20) - I didn't have all that much faith in the Vikings either. I at least gave them the minimum confidence points. The Seahawks just barely got by the worst of the NFC playoff teams. We should dispatch them without too much difficulty.

Vincenzo
01-07-2020, 07:01 AM
As mid-week begins to approach that “Beast Mode” shit is starting to give me nightmares.

hoosier
01-07-2020, 07:40 AM
Matt Schneidman @mattschneidman

Russell Wilson career at Lambeau Field (three games):

Record: 0-3
Comp. %: 57.3%
Pass yds/game: 201.3
Pass TDs: 3
INTs: 6

Don't jinx it!!!!!!

Fritz
01-07-2020, 08:44 AM
I hope I am not jinxing this game by saying that the Packers seem to be the better team and really ought to win this game. Seattle's defense ain't what it used to be, nor is the offense. Wilson is carrying that team.

As you all know, I'm normally pessimistic, so this is weird.

My big fear is that LeFleur won't have them ready, ala the SF game.

pbmax
01-07-2020, 09:03 AM
I hope I am not jinxing this game by saying that the Packers seem to be the better team and really ought to win this game. Seattle's defense ain't what it used to be, nor is the offense. Wilson is carrying that team.

If you and Tony Oday give up the pessimism, not sure what catastrophe will strike.

Cleft Crusty
01-07-2020, 09:57 AM

The Packers have shown their top vulnerabilities: On offense it is the speed rush, on defense, it is defending the run. The Seahawks have the ability and inclination to speed rush like SF or San Diego. Their best strategy would be to come after Rodgers with wild abandon. On offense, a mobile Wilson always keeps them in the game and will be key, especially since they will struggle to run against even a weak Packer run defense. Seattle has the remarkable tendency to play to the level of their opponents and to almost always be in the game to the bitter end. The Packers inefficient and inconsistent offense will oblige, unless they unleash a heretofore unseen package for the playoffs (such as say 5 plays directed to Jace Sternberger in the middle of the field - this is unlikely considering Sternberger has a 100% drop rate). If the Packers aren't ready for the Seattle pass rush, they can easily drop this game as well.

Freak Out
01-07-2020, 10:32 AM
Run the damn ball. Just keep giving it Jones and Williams and let Arod kill them when they least expect it.

RashanGary
01-07-2020, 10:51 AM
Defense has been consistently dominant in the redzone. The Seahawks defense has been consistently below avererage.

This is a game we should win. The Packers offense needs to stick with what it does best because the Seahawks aren't good enough to stop them. If the Packers line up and trick themselves by trying to trick the opponent, we lose.

bobblehead
01-07-2020, 12:07 PM
I get this, but are you still that afraid of this year's Saints after that performance at home?

I spend the second game wondering if we should be more concerned with the Chickens.

Always been my argument about cheering for a certain opponent. You want to play whoever lost, not whoever won. But you always have to play the team that played better last week.

This seems like a good spot for my quick analysis. So....I was cheering for a team! I'm glad we drew the seahawks. Our bane all season has been the TE position, and its a strength for Philly and a weakness for the Seahawks.

Also, our weakness is our own TE position, and no one neutralizes the TE better than Bobby Wagner (except Jimmy Graham). Basically the strength of their defense eliminates something we don't have anyway.

I expect a lot of running between the tackles sort of like the Dallas game to neutralize Wagner's pursuit ability. Right at the gut. Put a helmet on Wagner straight up. Play action deep passes. Could this be the game MVS catches a deep pass (instead of dropping them)?

Gotarace
01-07-2020, 12:12 PM

My Biggest fear in losing this Game is Turnovers...After Watching the Badgers Shit the Bed like fat kids on 50 cent taco night I have a feeling it will come down to what team Capitalizes on the Turnover Battle. The ball will be Slick during the late game making this game a Coin Toss.

Fritz
01-07-2020, 01:23 PM
The Packers have shown their top vulnerabilities: On offense it is the speed rush, on defense, it is defending the run. The Seahawks have the ability and inclination to speed rush like SF or San Diego. Their best strategy would be to come after Rodgers with wild abandon. On offense, a mobile Wilson always keeps them in the game and will be key, especially since they will struggle to run against even a weak Packer run defense. Seattle has the remarkable tendency to play to the level of their opponents and to almost always be in the game to the bitter end. The Packers inefficient and inconsistent offense will oblige, unless they unleash a heretofore unseen package for the playoffs (such as say 5 plays directed to Jace Sternberger in the middle of the field - this is unlikely considering Sternberger has a 100% drop rate). If the Packers aren't ready for the Seattle pass rush, they can easily drop this game as well.

Okay, whew. Thank you CleftCrusty. I feel worse now, which is to say, I feel better.

If Seattle uses speed and goes after Rodgers and can shut down the run (or if The Flower pulls a McCarthy and abandons the run early), then the defense will be forced to both contain Wilson (which negates the wild rushes of Dr. Z) yet pressure him enough to keep him off balance. No easy task.

It's just that the Packers defensive weaknesses - good running backs and tight ends - are lacking for Seattle. And if The Flower puts the game in Aaron Jones's hands instead of Rodgers's hands, Green Bay really is, I think, more talented. It's one of those games where if they don't win, I'll be really pissed. This is unlike the NFC Championship game against Atlanta a few years ago, where it was abundantly clear the Packers did not have the speed to keep up with anything Atlanta did, offensively or defensively. I didn't feel too awful about that game - the Packers were clearly inferior.

RashanGary
01-07-2020, 01:27 PM
Seattle defense just isn't very good. The linebackers make running a little more difficult. Might be a big game for the passing gsme, honestly. Lazard and Adams are the two most reliable we have.

And like bobble said, MVS might get a couple deep shots. I expect AR to hone in to prevent a repeat performance

RashanGary
01-07-2020, 01:30 PM
Seattle should bracket Adams, stop the run and hope Lazard and MVS can't beat them. That's the obvious way to play vs green bay.

So..... Can Lazard, Allison and MVS catch the ball? Let's hope

Cleft Crusty
01-07-2020, 01:40 PM
I feel worse now, which is to say, I feel better.

I have the same relationship with my prescription meds.

Tony Oday
01-07-2020, 01:54 PM
Seattle should bracket Adams, stop the run and hope Lazard and MVS can't beat them. That's the obvious way to play vs green bay.

So..... Can Lazard, Allison and MVS catch the ball? Let's hope

How do you bracket Adams and double up Jones? That leaves nobody to spy AR and Lazard can have a career game.

RashanGary
01-07-2020, 01:56 PM
Seahawks season injuries

Lost starting center for year in october
Missing left tackle
Mychal Kendricks out

Clowney has core injury so their pass rush is blah

It's gonna come down to containing Wilson. Hes good at escaping one guy, but we easily have three guys who can win one on ones against a beat up OL

RashanGary
01-07-2020, 01:57 PM
How do you bracket Adams and double up Jones? That leaves nobody to spy AR and Lazard can have a career game.

I would take my chances on Lazard if I'm a DC

RashanGary
01-07-2020, 01:58 PM
Those other guys not named Adams should get some gimme one on ones with no help

Zool
01-07-2020, 02:40 PM

Rodgers has been running less and less. Not sure anyone assigns a spy to him anymore.

RashanGary
01-07-2020, 02:48 PM
Rodgers has been running less and less. Not sure anyone assigns a spy to him anymore.

Might be a day for Rodgers to run a handful of times??

RashanGary
01-07-2020, 02:50 PM
AR is healthy. This week. Next week. A bye week. Might be a game for him to put his body to the test. I hope he's working on his sprints

Vincenzo
01-07-2020, 02:57 PM
Defense has been consistently dominant in the redzone. The Seahawks defense has been consistently below avererage.

This is a game we should win. The Packers offense needs to stick with what it does best because the Seahawks aren't good enough to stop them. If the Packers line up and trick themselves by trying to trick the opponent, we lose.
I hope you’re right, gotta like you’re optimism.
But that Russell Wilson is like a slippery Eel and that Beast Mode freak is giving me nightmares right now.

esoxx
01-07-2020, 03:06 PM
And if The Flower puts the game in Aaron Jones's hands instead of Rodgers's hands, Green Bay really is, I think, more talented.

Well yeah but that's the issue right there. The Flower could put the game in Aaron Jones's hands and Rodgers could audible it right out of his hands and in to his own. Whether the Pack runs or passes on any given play is ultimately up to the QB. That's not necessarily a bad thing given AR's experience and heft, but it could be if AR gets too pass happy.

RashanGary
01-07-2020, 03:42 PM
Rodgers may need to run for 2 first downs
Seattle is gonna dare Lazard to make a few plays. Let's hope he does.
Teams are gonna dare us to go deep now, until we hit it. Let's hope we do.

And then even if they're playing the run let's hope we can be steady with 3 or 4 yards and no penalties.

Defensively.... Redzone stands will be needed

Anti-Polar Bear
01-07-2020, 03:54 PM

Teams still spy on the Great Arm of Butte to keep him in the "well", or pocket. They'd rather face Pocket Rodgers than Scrambling Rodgers. Detroit did alotta spying a couple of weeks ago. In fact, so much, Patrica looked like an Iranian spy.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-07-2020, 04:04 PM
Well yeah but that's the issue right there. The Flower could put the game in Aaron Jones's hands and Rodgers could audible it right out of his hands and in to his own. Whether the Pack runs or passes on any given play is ultimately up to the QB. That's not necessarily a bad thing given AR's experience and heft, but it could be if AR gets too pass happy.

I, too, would be pass happy if Flowers was covering. Tre Flowers plays like Gunter out there. Attack the Flowers!

RashanGary
01-07-2020, 04:09 PM
Ain't gonna "stop" Wilson so have to hold them to 3 a couple times. Defenses can get more aggressive down there cuz the endzone takes away the deep threat. We need to get 2 or 3 guys to him to stop him

Anti-Polar Bear
01-07-2020, 04:12 PM
The OC, Brian Schottenheimer, was around when McCarthy was in Kansas City. Seattle runs alotta the matchup based stuff that McCarthy did once upon a time in Green Bay. They even have the scrambling drill shit that A-Rod once made famous. J-Alex likely will be shadowing Lockett. Will King be able to shut down DK Metcalf, whom Gutekunst shoulda drafted?

Anti-Polar Bear
01-07-2020, 04:21 PM
Ain't gonna "stop" Wilson so have to hold them to 3 a couple times. Defenses can get more aggressive down there cuz the endzone takes away the deep threat. We need to get 2 or 3 guys to him to stop him

I ain't too worried. Lil Russell has never been able to impregnate Lambeau Field. But should I be worried? King ain't as good as many Pack fans think he is, and Metcalf is better than many Pack fans think he is.

HowardRoark
01-07-2020, 06:48 PM
"Let Seahawks win the coin flip. Maybe Russell Wilson will say "We want the ball. We're going to score."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAgG9XcrDFY

Good old Bernie Kukar (ref); salt of the earth great guy. Told me the best two players he ever worked with were Favre and Walter

Fritz
01-08-2020, 08:15 AM
Good old Bernie Kukar (ref); salt of the earth great guy. Told me the best two players he ever worked with were Favre and Walter

Could someone please explain the rules of playoff overtime now? I thought they played an extra full fifteen minutes, but apparently not.

run pMc
01-08-2020, 08:31 AM
My understanding is it's 15 minute qtrs until someone wins, and it's sudden death - if a team scores a TD or safety, game is over immediately; HOWEVER if the 1st team scores a FG, other team gets a chance to tie/win.
Teams get 3 TOs and there are no coaches challenges - all challenges are done by the replay refs.
There are probably some other details I'm missing and I'm sure Google can be your friend on this.

pbmax
01-08-2020, 08:55 AM
Could someone please explain the rules of playoff overtime now? I thought they played an extra full fifteen minutes, but apparently not.

There was a year or two where there were different OT rules (sudden death and modified sudden death). They are now using the new modified for all games. Just no opportunity for another tie.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-overtime-rules/

pbmax
01-08-2020, 09:13 AM
Some lunatics are watching the lowlights of a certain playoff game I cannot remember to prep themselves for this weekend.

https://twitter.com/PackerRanter/status/1214655342153519106

Fear is the mind killer.

pbmax
01-08-2020, 09:15 AM
Jarod Hernandez @JarodHernandez
Replying to @PackerRanter
The rage has never left. January 18th, 2015 will never escape my memory. Anytime we play the Seahawks I remember all of this and any calmness in my body goes away.

Kyle @helpslipfrank2
January 18th, 2015 was the day we brought our first born home from the hopsital. Talk about mixed emotions that day

Jarod Hernandez @JarodHernandez
We actually had to go to the hospital that night too and I saw someone in their Rodgers jersey with ice wrapped on his hand. The guy punched his garage door and broke his hand.

pbmax
01-08-2020, 09:16 AM
David Erickson @PackTherapyDave
Replying to @PackerRanter
Oh my gosh, the jump ball that Haha couldn’t locate. What’s the opposite of retiring a number?

Kevin Purcell @kapurcell
Sending him to play in Chicago

jess @justjess0716
Damn. That’s a spot on tweet.

Cleft Crusty
01-08-2020, 09:18 AM
Some lunatics are watching the lowlights of a certain playoff game I cannot remember to prep themselves for this weekend.

Fear is the mind killer.

My recommendation to Packer fans would be to watch that game right up to the final interception and then turn it off, assuming, like a Bond villain, that the rest of the game will go to plan.

Also, LeRoy Butler would not have slid. He would have taken the rock to the house and leaped right up into the 12th man (men?).

pbmax
01-08-2020, 09:21 AM
Blast from the past!

Pacopete4 @Pacopete4
@BrentCalore just to get you a little more fired up

Brent Calore @BrentCalore
Sat in my dark and quiet basement for like 25 mins after that game. Was speechless.

bobblehead
01-08-2020, 11:19 AM
One of my best friends father died an hour after that game. Fat mike killed my friends dad. I never forgave him for that. (In fairness he had cancer and was near the end).

RashanGary
01-08-2020, 11:57 AM
One of my best friends father died an hour after that game. Fat mike killed my friends dad. I never forgave him for that. (In fairness he had cancer and was near the end).

:lol:

esoxx
01-08-2020, 12:00 PM

Your friend's dad may have had terminal cancer but it was Stubby's in-game decision making that was the death blow.

Your anger towards Fat Mike is justified IMO.

RashanGary
01-08-2020, 01:10 PM
Reasons for optimism

Packer d train:
9th ppg
7th turn over percentage
12th redzone scoring percentage
14th passing ypg

Thats a solid defense playing it's best ball down the stretch. Six weeks ago they got a bye week, cleaned some stuff up and applied it well. Now they can take that momentum and the young guys can gel together even further considering they all stayed healthy and played together.

These are better teams coming up,. But we match wrll to the injury riddled run game and now pass first offense of Seattle. Also, our guys are young but have stayed healthy all year so this bye week should really being them together further.

I EXPECT a really good game from the D. Seattle is the best offense we've played in a while so i do expect about 20 points given up.

Can the offense score 21?

George Cumby
01-08-2020, 02:01 PM

Fear is the mind killer.

It is the Little Death that precedes my total obliteration.

Bossman641
01-08-2020, 02:02 PM
I think the key defensively is to not give up chunk plays. If they're gonna score make their offense put together a 12 play drive.

If we score 20+ it should be a win.

Vincenzo
01-08-2020, 02:06 PM
Any word on Jamaal Williams, is he good to go for Sunday?

RashanGary
01-08-2020, 05:14 PM
Great, kenny Clark missed practice with a back. That's concerning

Joemailman
01-08-2020, 06:34 PM
Great, kenny Clark missed practice with a back. That's concerning

That's the bad news. Good news is Bulaga and Linsley look ready to go.

https://usatpackerswire.files.wordpress.com/2020/01/screen-shot-2020-01-08-at-4.27.22-pm.png

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman with the call. Might as well get used to it. They'll be calling the Super Bowl. :pack::glug::pack:

RashanGary
01-08-2020, 07:36 PM
I really don't want to be without Clark this weekend. Damn.

Now I have to watch the practice report like a damn hawk.

Like said above... Bulaga played half a game then got a week off. Dude is gonna be in tip top shape and knows how to play football. That's good.

But Clark is our second best defender. I really hope he's healthy. Don't want to see too much Montravious.

RashanGary
01-08-2020, 07:39 PM
Zadarius
Clark
Preston
Alexander
King
Amos
Martinez

That's probably our top 7 defenders. We have guys who can make big plays. We Really do have a good defense. Clark makes life harder for Wilson. Really hope he's available.

wist43
01-08-2020, 08:12 PM
Didn't think we could beat NO... but since MINN did us a favor, sort of.... not sure we can beat SEA either, lol.

Wilson is so much better than Rodgers, I think it's an uphill battle. If we can dominate TOP, we have a chance. If we are dependent on Rodgers, we're one and done.

pbmax
01-08-2020, 08:32 PM
Didn't think we could beat NO... but since MINN did us a favor, sort of.... not sure we can beat SEA either, lol.

Wilson is so much better than Rodgers, I think it's an uphill battle. If we can dominate TOP, we have a chance. If we are dependent on Rodgers, we're one and done.

Barry McCockiner (CHECK PINNED TWEET) @MegaTroopLover
Percentage of career playoff wins where opponent scored under 10 points:

Wilson: 44.4%
Peyton: 21.4%
Brady: 13.3%
Brees: 0.0%
Rodgers: 0.0%

POOR RUSS HAS NO HELP!!

Barry McCockiner (CHECK PINNED TWEET) @MegaTroopLover
PPG in playoff wins:

Brees: 32.0
Rodgers: 30.9
Brady: 30.0
Peyton: 28.6
WILSON: 25.0

Don't show Seattle fans this, they think Russ wins every game by himself.

pbmax
01-08-2020, 08:33 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ENxb9DEX0AAToCA?format=jpg&name=medium

pbmax
01-08-2020, 08:33 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ENxb9W5XkAAkPeI?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

RashanGary
01-08-2020, 08:39 PM
Both really good players. We have better OL, RB and defense. They have better receivers.

Between the 20s it's hard to stop great passing attacks cuz there is so much field to cover. Redzone defense and turnovers should decide this game.

wist43
01-08-2020, 09:30 PM
Rodgers is just an avg QB these days, and I don't trust him anymore.

On the field?? Wison is clearly the better player. Like I said, we need everything to fall the right way for us to win.

Bossman641
01-08-2020, 09:34 PM

On the field?? Wison is clearly the better player. Like I said, we need everything to fall the right way for us to win.

Lol, Wilson is a better player but we certainly don't need everything to go right to have a chance.

Cheesehead Craig
01-08-2020, 09:41 PM
That's the bad news. Good news is Bulaga and Linsley look ready to go.

https://usatpackerswire.files.wordpress.com/2020/01/screen-shot-2020-01-08-at-4.27.22-pm.png

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman with the call. Might as well get used to it. They'll be calling the Super Bowl. :pack::glug::pack:
Vitale was a limited participant but it had nothing to do with injury.

Zool
01-09-2020, 07:50 AM

I liked when he threw 5 INTs against the Packers. I'm no Rodgers apologist, but this is just what you do so why am I responding.

pbmax
01-09-2020, 08:11 AM
What is it with torture porn this week? 2 years out of the playoffs and everyone thinks they are the (former) Cubs.

Sam Clemens @sclemens55
Where is @itsCrab?

Tom Crabtree @itsCrab
I'm in the background between JJ and Cobb...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ENzRucjX0AIeZvC?format=jpg&name=small

EJ @EJohnsonMPLS
Replying to @itsCrab
I’m not crying, you are

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ENzspg7XUAAylgl?format=jpg&name=900x900

run pMc
01-09-2020, 02:14 PM
yeah but that 45-7 beatdown wasn't bad.

pbmax
01-09-2020, 06:26 PM
yeah but that 45-7 beatdown wasn't bad.

Whole season was fun. I think they got four coaches fired.

pbmax
01-09-2020, 06:35 PM
Lodge Kohler has a print of Al Harris's Seattle playoff game Pick 6 with a Matt Hasselbeck autograph on it in one of their rooms.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28449702/seahawks-vs-packers-failed-called-shot-improbable-comeback

pbmax
01-09-2020, 07:42 PM
GBP Daily @GBPdaily
Former Packer Al Harris is going to be in Green Bay this weekend for the game. ����

Bossman641
01-09-2020, 07:58 PM
Good article on Aaron Jones with very complimentary quotes from Lafleur and Hackett

https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playoffs/2020/1/9/21057811/aaron-jones-green-bay-packers-2019-nfl-playoffs

Fritz
01-10-2020, 05:29 AM
I'm pretty sure Clark will be out thete Sunday. Playoffs and all that. But I am concerned at how ineffective he becomes when he has to play while injured. Not his fault. But they need him to be disruptive Sunday.

Same with Preston Smith. Beginning of the season, it was the Smith Brothers wreaking havoc. But Preston has fallen off the cliff, probably due to injury. They need him to be a force again on Sunday.

RashanGary
01-10-2020, 07:12 AM
I'm pretty sure Clark will be out thete Sunday. Playoffs and all that. But I am concerned at how ineffective he becomes when he has to play while injured. Not his fault. But they need him to be disruptive Sunday.

Same with Preston Smith. Beginning of the season, it was the Smith Brothers wreaking havoc. But Preston has fallen off the cliff, probably due to injury. They need him to be a force again on Sunday.

Yep! I'm so disappointed that Clark has a back. I hope he's fine. Same for Preston.

RashanGary
01-10-2020, 07:13 AM
Zadarius is our best defender but Clark is a very close second. Very close. We NEED him if we want to be at our best

pbmax
01-10-2020, 09:27 AM
Josh Moser @TheMozKnowz

Local Green Bay resident puts up billboard taking a shot at @PeteCarroll. If you couldn’t tell, it’s PLAYOFF TIME in #Titletown! Seahawks are scheduled to arrive this evening. #gopackgo @GBPdaily #SEAvsGB #Packers #NFLPlayoffs

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EN7fd-rX4AIfL0v?format=jpg&name=small

OR LOCAL MAN DESPERATE TO GET ON LOCAL NEWS

Fritz
01-10-2020, 11:07 AM
Yep! I'm so disappointed that Clark has a back. I hope he's fine. Same for Preston.

It'd be worse if he didn't have a back.

pbmax
01-10-2020, 12:02 PM
Just occurred to me a problem that will exist Sunday. I can silence the announcers.

How the hell do I keep Clappy McChewerson off my TV screen?

Anti-Polar Bear
01-10-2020, 12:06 PM
In a world full of uncertainties, one thing is certain, for sure: King vs Metcalf will not be David vs Goliath, ala 5'9" Tank Elf Duke vs 6'6" Darren Charles.

Coaches wanted me to play the Pistol Force with honor
Fuck that shit, said I, Imma shutdown corner
Just put me on an island, and lemme do my thing
Cos, bitches, I float like Deion, and sting like Wu-Tang

If anyone is interested:

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?31317-Fuck-Capitalism!

pbmax
01-10-2020, 12:49 PM
Slightly less worried about the Seahawks:

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo
#Eagles QB Josh McCown tore his hamstring off the bone vs #Seahawks. Surgery coming, as @Tim_McManus said. Sources say it’s a six-month recovery. He’ll basically be laid up for six weeks.

Injury happened in the second quarter for McCown. Played through it. Remarkable toughness. There were also no more QBs left because Nate Sudfeld was inactive.

pbmax
01-10-2020, 12:57 PM
Master @MasterTes
Untold Stories Episode 10 with Brandon Bostick

How a botched onside kick in the Packers-Seahawks 2014 NFC Title game changed @Bostick11’s life.

Despite death threats/racial slurs he got from fans, Bostick is rooting for Green Bay in Sunday’s rematch.

HARLAN, YOU HAVE A LOT OT ANSWER FOR!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EN7YVRRWsAA67FO?format=jpg&name=small

Video of interview here: https://twitter.com/MasterTes/status/1215664953241280513

hoosier
01-10-2020, 01:23 PM
Slightly less worried about the Seahawks:

#Eagles QB Josh McCown tore his hamstring off the bone vs #Seahawks. Surgery coming, as @Tim_McManus said. Sources say it’s a six-month recovery. He’ll basically be laid up for six weeks.

Injury happened in the second quarter for McCown. Played through it. Remarkable toughness. There were also no more QBs left because Nate Sudfeld was inactive.

Shoulda stayed retired.

George Cumby
01-10-2020, 01:54 PM
In a world full of uncertainties, one thing is certain, for sure: King vs Metcalf will not be David vs Goliath, ala 5'9" Tank Elf Duke vs 6'6" Darren Charles.

Coaches wanted me to play the Pistol Force with honor
Fuck that shit, said I, Imma shutdown corner
Just put me on an island, and lemme do my thing
Cos, bitches, I float like Deion, and sting like Wu-Tang

If anyone is interested:

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?31317-Fuck-Capitalism!

Lol.

You actually took the time to edit that sad excuse of a post?

esoxx
01-10-2020, 03:05 PM
Master @MasterTes
Untold Stories Episode 10 with Brandon Bostick

How a botched onside kick in the Packers-Seahawks 2014 NFC Title game changed @Bostick11’s life.

Despite death threats/racial slurs he got from fans, Bostick is rooting for Green Bay in Sunday’s rematch.

HARLAN, YOU HAVE A LOT OT ANSWER FOR!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EN7YVRRWsAA67FO?format=jpg&name=small

Video of interview here: https://twitter.com/MasterTes/status/1215664953241280513

The Packers very own Bill Buckner moment. Maybe if they win another Super Bowl they can bring him back for a field appearance like Boston did with Buckner and all the wounds will be healed (mostly).

Vincenzo
01-10-2020, 03:10 PM
Josh Moser @TheMozKnowz

Local Green Bay resident puts up billboard taking a shot at @PeteCarroll. If you couldn’t tell, it’s PLAYOFF TIME in #Titletown! Seahawks are scheduled to arrive this evening. #gopackgo @GBPdaily #SEAvsGB #Packers #NFLPlayoffs

Love it! But c’mon, shouldn’t pick on old people.

Zool
01-10-2020, 03:18 PM
Josh Moser @TheMozKnowz

That is one weird homo-erotic billboard

George Cumby
01-10-2020, 03:50 PM
That is one weird homo-erotic billboard

What's weird is that where your head went.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Zool
01-10-2020, 03:57 PM
What's weird is that where your head went.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

No! Nothing!

pbmax
01-10-2020, 04:19 PM
Looks like he is chewing his own tongue.

RashanGary
01-10-2020, 06:45 PM
Clark questionable

Vincenzo
01-10-2020, 11:29 PM
Me likes reading stuff like this:

In their history, Seattle has a 4-11 record on the road in the postseason and has never won at Lambeau Field in the playoffs (0-2).
Overall, the Packers are 11-3 at home against the Seahawks and have won their last eight straight at home against them.

pbmax
01-10-2020, 11:34 PM
My feeling is that the Packers will win. As per usual this season, it will not likely be dominant, it will b painful at times and we won't get an answer to the Rodgers dilemma about ignoring certain receivers.

I'll take the ugly uncertainty.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-11-2020, 03:11 AM
So to let the rats know how lucky I am, last night I got a call from an old friend who asked if I wanted to go to game cause he had extra ticket. I cried like a baby and told him I was sick in bed with the flu. P.s. I almost went anyway ��

George Cumby
01-11-2020, 08:35 AM
So to let the rats know how lucky I am, last night I got a call from an old friend who asked if I wanted to go to game cause he had extra ticket. I cried like a baby and told him I was sick in bed with the flu. P.s. I almost went anyway ��

Ouch!

That hurt reading it.

Take care of yourself. The flu ain’t no joke.

pbmax
01-11-2020, 08:49 AM

I saw a commercial last night about how a fast food franchise helps people feel better. As anyone who has been paying attention knows, this can mean only one thing.

Your condition will improve and you may wind up attending the game. Especially if your personal viewing record includes a playoff win or three :D

ThunderDan
01-11-2020, 08:50 AM

Is that you Joe T?

mraynrand
01-11-2020, 08:50 AM

You may be luckier than you know.

Get better soon!

ThunderDan
01-11-2020, 08:52 AM
Actually, I am taking my son to the game tomorrow. My wife decided she didn’t want to deal with the cold and traffic. I’ll start the game day thread before we leave.

George Cumby
01-11-2020, 09:05 AM
Bring home the win, Dan!

Enjoy the game!

mraynrand
01-11-2020, 09:08 AM
Bring home the win, Dan!

Enjoy the game!

No messing around. Stay focused and get the W.

George Cumby
01-11-2020, 09:14 AM

Don’t you know that the outcome of the games is directly a result of the sincere fervor of the fan base?

If they don’t win tomorrow YOU are responsible for not rooting hard enough.

Sheesh.

Fritz
01-11-2020, 09:28 AM

Packer players have been getting sick for the past month, dude. And you think any of them are going to miss this game?

What's the matter with you, son? Don't you feel any responsibility to your fellow Rats and your team?

Goddammit, get out of that bed and go to the game. Do your job!

mraynrand
01-11-2020, 09:31 AM
Don’t you know that the outcome of the games is directly a result of the sincere fervor of the fan base?

If they don’t win tomorrow YOU are responsible for not rooting hard enough.

It's a difficult burden to carry, but carry it I will.

Fritz
01-11-2020, 09:36 AM
You think it's easy to be me? Being constantly pessimistic, worrying about the other team's strengths and Green Bay's weaknesses? Even when the team is leading by two touchdowns I think back to that NFC Championship game in 2015. No lead is safe, no score causes unadulterated joy for me. It can always go into the toilet in the blink of an eye.

But I do my job.

George Cumby
01-11-2020, 09:39 AM
It's a difficult burden to carry, but carry it I will.

I can only hope you are sufficiently pure of heart.

George Cumby
01-11-2020, 09:40 AM
You think it's easy to be me? Being constantly pessimistic, worrying about the other team's strengths and Green Bay's weaknesses? Even when the team is leading by two touchdowns I think back to that NFC Championship game in 2015. No lead is safe, no score causes unadulterated joy for me. It can always go into the toilet in the blink of an eye.

But I do my job.

THAT’S what I’m talking about. THIS is what we need to win!

mraynrand
01-11-2020, 09:44 AM
I can only hope you are sufficiently pure of heart.

You have to be, if you want to escape a Dean Koontz psychopath. Not sure the same applies to willing a Packer victory from hundreds of miles away, but I will project my powers to the best of my abilities until my nose starts to bleed.

George Cumby
01-11-2020, 09:48 AM
You have to be, if you want to escape a Dean Koontz psychopath. Not sure the same applies to willing a Packer victory from hundreds of miles away, but I will project my powers to the best of my abilities until my nose starts to bleed.

But are you totally OP yet also endearingly vulnerable?

Fritz
01-11-2020, 11:03 AM
He's too humble to say that.

pbmax
01-11-2020, 01:38 PM
Packer players have been getting sick for the past month, dude. And you think any of them are going to miss this game?

What's the matter with you, son? Don't you feel any responsibility to your fellow Rats and your team?

Davante Adams suggests you wash your butt.

pbmax
01-11-2020, 01:39 PM

But I do my job.

2 years out of the playoffs has turned everyone into Cubs fans. :D

Yeeeesh.

pbmax
01-11-2020, 01:39 PM

No sax before a fight.

pbmax
01-11-2020, 01:43 PM

Perhaps watch for inspiration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC2TzspJn5A

mraynrand
01-11-2020, 01:56 PM
Perhaps watch for inspiration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC2TzspJn5A

Whoa

George Cumby
01-11-2020, 10:03 PM
Whoa

"Whoa"? To a goat?

Goats bleat you barnyard illiterate.

"Whoa" is for the genus Equus.

Duh.

mraynrand
01-11-2020, 10:19 PM
"Whoa"? To a goat?

Goats bleat you barnyard illiterate.

"Whoa" is for the genus Equus.

Duh.

No way!

Freak Out
01-11-2020, 10:57 PM
Actually, I am taking my son to the game tomorrow. My wife decided she didn’t want to deal with the cold and traffic. I’ll start the game day thread before we leave.

Yes!

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-12-2020, 06:07 AM

Packers usually lose when I go to a game so me thinks the packer gods smote me with the flu so they win today. Go Packers!

Fritz
01-12-2020, 07:23 AM
Packers usually lose when I go to a game so me thinks the packer gods smote me with the flu so they win today. Go Packers!

Oh. Well, that changes the equation.

Your job is to NOT go to the game. Under any circumstances.

pbmax
01-12-2020, 08:27 AM
We appreciate your sacrifice. And your flu.