PDA

View Full Version : Packers 2020 Opponents

Joemailman
01-06-2020, 09:12 AM
As usual, home schedule looks manageable to me and road schedule looks daunting. Other than @Chicago, road games are either in domes or warm weather sites. 6 of home opponents are either dome or warm weather opponents. Lot of potential for road prime time games.

Home
Chicago Bears (8-8)
Detroit Lions (3-12-1)
Minnesota Vikings (10-6)*
Atlanta Falcons (7-9)
Carolina Panthers (5-11)
Jacksonville Jaguars (6-10)
Tennessee Titans (9-7)*
Philadelphia Eagles (9-7)*

Away
Chicago Bears (8-8)
Detroit Lions (3-12-1)
New Orleans Saints (13-3)*
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7-9)
Houston Texans (10-6)*
Indianapolis Colts (7-9)
San Francisco 49ers (13-3)*

texaspackerbacker
01-06-2020, 05:31 PM
I'll have to consider going to that Houston game. Ya'all who think New Orleans is so tough will get to have your thoughts about that proved or disproved - I expect the latter. Niners on the road again? Sheeeesh. If I predict 15-1, that might be the 1.

Hopefully most of those home game opponents will stay the shitty way they were this season instead of bouncing back.

MadtownPacker
01-06-2020, 08:07 PM
Fuck was hoping for Dallas on the list.

Joemailman
01-06-2020, 08:20 PM
Fuck was hoping for Dallas on the list.You have another opportunity to go to San Francisco.

MadtownPacker
01-06-2020, 10:20 PM
You have another opportunity to go to San Francisco.Ha! My fucking cuz who has the Levi season tickets asked me Sunday if I wanted to go again. :bang:

MadScientist
01-06-2020, 10:36 PM
Ha! My fucking cuz who has the Levi season tickets asked me Sunday if I wanted to go again. :bang:

Can't be any worse than this year's game, can it?

MadtownPacker
02-04-2020, 10:05 AM
Bumped because I hate repeats.

mraynrand
02-04-2020, 11:05 AM
Bumped because I hate repeats.

we are so disorganized

pbmax
02-04-2020, 08:59 PM
we are so disorganized

That is one possible explanation.

Joemailman
02-05-2020, 06:20 PM
Bump to the original 2020 opponents thread. Accept no substitute.

Actually Rad falsely titled his thread the GB 2020 schedule thread. Since there are no dates yet the information he provided cannot be considered a schedule.

So there.

QBME
02-05-2020, 07:01 PM
As usual, home schedule looks manageable to me and road schedule looks daunting. Other than @Chicago, road games are either in domes or warm weather sites. 6 of home opponents are either dome or warm weather opponents. Lot of potential for road prime time games.

Home
Chicago Bears (8-8)
Detroit Lions (3-12-1)
Atlanta Falcons (7-9)
Carolina Panthers (5-11)
Jacksonville Jaguars (6-10)
Tennessee Titans (9-7)*
Philadelphia Eagles (9-7)*

Away
Chicago Bears (8-8)
Detroit Lions (3-12-1)
New Orleans Saints (13-3)*
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7-9)
Houston Texans (10-6)*
Indianapolis Colts (7-9)
San Francisco 49ers (13-3)*

Looks like a 10 - 6 season.
6 - 2 home
4 -4 road

Radagast
02-05-2020, 07:47 PM
At this point 1 year ago, personnel changes that would affect the Packers had yet to take place. The same situation remains in place a year later for the Packers as well as the other 31 NFL teams. FA, the Draft, Trades, etc can and often do play a large role moving forward.

As such things greatly influence league play, IMO predicting a W/L record at this time seems too soon. A look at the upcoming regular season lineup does show that 5 of the away games will be played inside of domes, the TB game should provide good weather, the SF and Chicago (away) games are weather wise unpredictable. GB does usually have an advantage at home no matter the weather.

mraynrand
02-05-2020, 08:02 PM

Actually Rad falsely titled his thread the GB 2020 schedule thread. Since there are no dates yet the information he provided cannot be considered a schedule.

So there.

:)

Radagast
02-06-2020, 06:01 AM

So there.

As I stated in the original GB's 2020 Schedule thread,"Exact dates and times remain to be published. "

I never grouped you in with Zool,mraynard, Anti-Polar Bear, Madtown Packer, and pbmax until now. Had any of them posted the thread as I did, none of you would have had any criticisms or negatives. Your action says more about yourself than my neutral information offering. It's not difficult to see that the low road is traveled far more than the high road in this forum.

mraynrand
02-06-2020, 06:16 AM
As I stated in the original GB's 2020 Schedule thread,"Exact dates and times remain to be published. "

I never grouped you in with Zool,mraynard, Anti-Polar Bear, Madtown Packer, and pbmax until now. Had any of them posted the thread as I did, none of you would have had any criticisms or negatives. Your action says more about yourself than my neutral information offering. It's not difficult to see that the low road is traveled far more than the high road in this forum.

Have a bagel and coffee. Enjoy your day.

Patler
02-06-2020, 07:36 AM
It's not difficult to see that the low road is traveled far more than the high road in this forum.

..and yet, somehow, it works. Many Packer fan forums have come and gone during the life of this one. This forum has been around so long that I was ALMOST young when I began posting on it and its predecessors!

Long live the low road!

Zool
02-06-2020, 07:41 AM

If you think everyone else is an asshole, and everyone else thinks you're an asshole, you're the asshole.

mraynrand
02-06-2020, 08:10 AM
This forum has been around so long that I was ALMOST young when I began posting on it and its predecessors!

lol. Patler - a Packerrats legend

pbmax
02-06-2020, 08:13 AM
There are people on this board who have been married less time than the board has existed.

And don't get me started on JSO.

Cheesehead Craig
02-06-2020, 08:16 AM

Lighten up Francis.

For the record, had any of the above started a duplicate thread, we absolutely would have made comments about their inability to read and see that the thread was already started.

KYPack
02-06-2020, 09:09 AM

All right! About time somebody put the arm on that crew.

gbgary
02-06-2020, 09:43 AM
8-8 maybe 9-7

Fritz
02-06-2020, 10:25 AM
..and yet, somehow, it works. Many Packer fan forums have come and gone during the life of this one. This forum has been around so long that I was ALMOST young when I began posting on it and its predecessors!

Long live the low road!

Surely there's room in the content-starved world of entertainment for a Netflix series about a madcap, feuding, nutty group of Packer fans who, like any family, fight with each other, pull dirty tricks, yet, from when in need, come together like a real family.

George Lopez plays Madtown.

Sam Elliot plays KYPack.

Maybe Drew Barrymore would do a cameo.

Patler is played by Mr. Peabody.

MadtownPacker
02-06-2020, 09:23 PM
Oh yeah that script is getting stolen by somebody.

Joemailman
02-24-2020, 03:11 PM
NFL teams don't have much control over the schedule but Packers president Mark Murphy said he made two requests for early in the season that would put them on the road for consecutive weeks at the end of September/beginning of October because of Wisconsin-Notre Dame at Lambeau Field on Oct. 3 and the Ryder Cup the previous week at Whistling Straits. "For the Wisconsin game we said the facility wasn't available and for the Ryder Cup we requested to be on the road," Murphy said at the combine.

Rob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer
3h ago

Those are weeks 3 and 4. If their wish is granted, there's a decent chance they would be at home weeks 1 and 2. My concern is this could result in the Packers having their bye week in week 4.

pbmax
02-25-2020, 09:49 AM
When it the last time Lambeau was unavailable :lol:

Has to be a first. Wolf used to joke about how the 'availability' of Lambeau meant they got the shaft in the schedule because they could accommodate all dates.

mraynrand
02-29-2020, 08:40 AM
When it the last time Lambeau was unavailable :lol:

June 1, 1965. Otherwise Curly never turned down an opportunity - whether it be a California beauty queen or a hot young Majorette.

KYPack
02-29-2020, 09:03 AM
June 1, 1965. Otherwise Curly never turned down an opportunity - whether it be a California beauty queen or a hot young Majorette.

Yep. Curly died while mowing his hot young Majorette chick's fathers' lawn.

Curly was a perve, you wudda liked him.

mraynrand
02-29-2020, 09:36 AM
Curly was a perve, you wudda liked him.

Wait, whut?

KYPack
02-29-2020, 10:05 AM
Wait, whut?

Just giving you a jolt Rand.

Actually, by the end, I don't think even Curly liked Curly.

mraynrand
02-29-2020, 01:33 PM
Just giving you a jolt Rand.

Actually, by the end, I don't think even Curly liked Curly.

Rita: “I could never love you Phil, because you’ll never love anyone but yourself.”

Phil Connors (Bill Murray): “That’s not true. I don’t even like myself. Give me another chance.”