PDA

View Full Version : WHO IS THE BETTER QB in SUNDAY'S GAME ??

Bretsky
01-08-2020, 08:54 PM
Never thought this would be debatable but it is. Comparing the stats over the past 3 years it's kind of ugly.

So throwing out the question to copy something ESPN Madison did by Milke Heller.

Since I need three options, the third option is exactly what Mike Heller's Old Partner in Madison Owen Murphy tweeted to him. He covers the Seattle Seahawks

George Cumby
01-08-2020, 08:58 PM
Ima Homer.

Bretsky
01-08-2020, 09:05 PM
I went homer on my ther poll; but I can't here. AROD needs to play better, plain and simple.

I'm not saying it's a stupid poll, like the Seattle Sportscaster who covers the Seahawks.

But I have to vote Russell

Joemailman
01-08-2020, 09:15 PM
It's Wilson. However, he has something to prove. He's 0-3 at Lambeau with 3 TD's and 6 INT's.

MadtownPacker
01-08-2020, 09:28 PM
It's Wilson. However, he has something to prove. He's 0-3 at Lambeau with 3 TD's and 6 INT's.i want to be comforted by that stat but what if it means he is due to have a big game.

pbmax
01-08-2020, 10:11 PM
i want to be comforted by that stat but what if it means he is due to have a big game.

Reversion to mean doesn't mean a big game.

RashanGary
01-08-2020, 10:23 PM
About equal

Bretsky
01-08-2020, 11:17 PM
Feeling Homeristic tonight

I voted Packers have the best team (in reality I think they are very even and if not for injuries Seattle would be better)

and

Russell.............as opposed to Come on Homers, it's Russell................

call_me_ishmael
01-09-2020, 12:29 AM
Russell Wilson is clearly the better player the past few seasons. Doesn't mean Aaron can't get it up for a big night. Maybe take a blue chew, QB.

I believe the Packers will win.

Upnorth
01-09-2020, 06:27 AM
The only chance Seattle has is Wilson carrying the team. He is what arod once was.

gbgary
01-09-2020, 11:53 AM
The only chance Seattle has is Wilson carrying the team. He is what arod once was.

yup. rodgers, due to his condition, age, and resistance to taking full advantage of MLF's O, is currently playing at an "average to above-average" level. still good but not the guy he was or what wilson is now. the eye test says so. the stats say so.

Fosco33
01-09-2020, 11:55 AM
Someone had a picture of his WR/TE from a few years ago. Jennings, Driver, Cobb, Nelson, Finley, Adams, Jones, etc.

Our TEs suck. We have 2-3 WRs. So it’s easy to scheme for the Packers outside of Jones/Williams.

Zool
01-09-2020, 12:21 PM
Someone had a picture of his WR/TE from a few years ago. Jennings, Driver, Cobb, Nelson, Finley, Adams, Jones, etc.

Our TEs suck. We have 2-3 WRs. So it’s easy to scheme for the Packers outside of Jones/Williams.

If it was 2014, the TEs would be the envy of the league. It would be Gronk and Hernandez.

Cleft Crusty
01-09-2020, 04:08 PM
The poll question is poorly worded. If the question is: "Which QB is playing better overall going into Sunday's Game" Wilson would be your guy. Who will be the better QB in the game Sunday is yet to be determined. Cleft Crusty boldly predicts Rodgers will scrape the rust off his game, show improved reads of the defense, distribute the ball all over the field, rely on his run game, and emerge victorious. Wilson is always a gamer and will look good running and scrambling, will get some shots to Metcalf and Lockett, but the Seahawks will struggle to find balance on offense, which will limit Wilson's ability to inflict damage. Rodgers will be the better QB in Sunday's game.

Bretsky
01-09-2020, 05:17 PM
The poll question is poorly worded. If the question is: "Which QB is playing better overall going into Sunday's Game" Wilson would be your guy. Who will be the better QB in the game Sunday is yet to be determined. Cleft Crusty boldly predicts Rodgers will scrape the rust off his game, show improved reads of the defense, distribute the ball all over the field, rely on his run game, and emerge victorious. Wilson is always a gamer and will look good running and scrambling, will get some shots to Metcalf and Lockett, but the Seahawks will struggle to find balance on offense, which will limit Wilson's ability to inflict damage. Rodgers will be the better QB in Sunday's game.

The Poll is not poorly worded. Any moron can tell you Rodgers is playing better right now :))

Polls are supposed to be debatable. There are no easy answers to my polls.

MadtownPacker
01-09-2020, 08:13 PM
Rodgers will always be the better QB. Wilson will always be the better leader. I voted accordingly.

Cleft Crusty
01-09-2020, 08:59 PM
The Poll is not poorly worded.

If you had attended an 'accredited' J school and maintained a solid C- average, you too could write with the precision and panache of Cleft Crusty.

pbmax
01-09-2020, 09:05 PM
Rodgers will always be the better QB. Wilson will always be the better leader. I voted accordingly.

Wilson was the subject of a "quotes on record" blast of his lack of leadership and competitive qualities. None of the hiding that Jennings and Finley do.

I think coddled is the word here: https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/09/07/seattle-seahawks-dismantling-rift-russell-wilson-pete-carroll

Cleft Crusty
01-09-2020, 09:12 PM
Wilson was the subject of a "quotes on record" blast of his lack of leadership and competitive qualities. None of the hiding that Jennings and Finley do.

I think coddled is the word here: https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/09/07/seattle-seahawks-dismantling-rift-russell-wilson-pete-carroll

http://images.thehollywoodgossip.com/iu/t_full/v1422906878/richard-sherman-gif.gif

Bretsky
01-09-2020, 09:57 PM
The Poll is not poorly worded. Any moron can tell you WILSON is playing better right now :))

Polls are supposed to be debatable. There are no easy answers to my polls.

Who needs a C- Average ???

Out with Clefty; Bring back Bob McGinn :)))

RashanGary
01-09-2020, 11:20 PM
I honestly think Rodgers is better

RashanGary
01-09-2020, 11:21 PM
Rodgers is the new Brady. Just win

Fritz
01-10-2020, 05:15 AM
I honestly think Rodgers is better

You swap those two QB's for the game, and Wilson and the Packers would pulverize Rodgers and the Seahawks.

RashanGary
01-10-2020, 06:39 AM
You swap those two QB's for the game, and Wilson and the Packers would pulverize Rodgers and the Seahawks.

I disagree. Winning is an art that's hard to pin down. AR has become a great leader and great person. By being so unselfish and letting other people get credit, he helps empower everyone around him and sets an example to do your part and feel good about that part even if it's not glorious.

I respect him and admire his leadership. And a game with 45 guys pulling yogether, sometimes leadership is a quality that can't be quantified but a quality I really look for

Fritz
01-10-2020, 11:18 AM
I agree there are some things that Rodgers has mastered - he's been there, done that, knows the offense, can go through progressions, sees the big picture as it unfolds.

But I think Wilson now has all those skills, and is more mobile and, I think, a more accurate passer.

George Cumby
01-10-2020, 11:36 AM
I disagree. Winning is an art that's hard to pin down. AR has become a great leader and great person. By being so unselfish and letting other people get credit, he helps empower everyone around him and sets an example to do your part and feel good about that part even if it's not glorious.

I respect him and admire his leadership. And a game with 45 guys pulling yogether, sometimes leadership is a quality that can't be quantified but a quality I really look for

I don't know about the great leader, great person part. From the thin slices we get, that's not the conclusion I would draw. Ten years ago I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly.

pbmax
01-10-2020, 12:12 PM
If Geronimo Allison and Trevor Davis could always play against zone defenses, you'd really have something.

As it is, each is late period, aged Antonio Freeman without having had a super star Antonio Freeman prime.

Which I think boils gbgary's question down to this: Does Gute rectify the WR position to Rodgers standards or The Flower?

I bet its the Flowers and you have to hope one candidate turns in a Lazard like mind meld.

In a zone today, can feel the reasons Jennings and Finley had beefs. Either that or too much coffee.

pbmax
01-10-2020, 12:17 PM
I'm on a roll, hang on.

Which boils down the age old management question to this:

If Gute wants to win, now and in the near future, you give one to Rodgers (maybe FA here) and one or two to The Flower. You run with Rodgers O while everyone's health holds out, but you make that guy understand he needs to run Flower Time if WRs or OL get banged up.

Else Rodgers goes to mentor Sam Darnold.

Rodgers current predicament is not wanting to throw contested balls to receivers he doesn't trust to go get them. Its Favre's issue with Schroder and Original Fraud combined.

Zool
01-10-2020, 03:15 PM
Teams have stymied Rodgers at times over the last 6-7 years playing man and 2 deep. When you see 2 deep, run 2 guys deep and leave the middle open for crossers. Teams have been doing this to the Packers for a lot of years.

pbmax
01-10-2020, 04:21 PM
Teams have stymied Rodgers at times over the last 6-7 years playing man and 2 deep. When you see 2 deep, run 2 guys deep and leave the middle open for crossers. Teams have been doing this to the Packers for a lot of years.

That was partially McCarthy. He saw 2 deep as an excuse to throw Go or out routes behind the CB and in front of the S.

Remember the Fail Mary first half?

Zool
01-10-2020, 08:38 PM
That was partially McCarthy. He saw 2 deep as an excuse to throw Go or out routes behind the CB and in front of the S.

Remember the Fail Mary first half?

Not on purpose. I try to block it out.

smuggler
01-10-2020, 09:45 PM
Who's had the better career? Rodgers. Who's had the better season? Wilson. Who is actually better right now? Now, that is close. If you give me the choice of the two with equal receivers and equal line, I will take Rodgers.

Bretsky
01-10-2020, 10:27 PM

I kind of agree; Russ is still a playmaker. AROD has not been

Fritz
01-11-2020, 09:40 AM
I don't think there's much doubt about it. The way Wilson is playing now, plus Aaron Jones and that offensive line? And Green Bay's defense, which is a trump card for them this year? Wilson and the Packers would roll the Seahawks. Rodgers would be overthrowing Lockett and underthrowing Metcalf, then scowling after he stalks off the field when it's fourth and five and he just missed on yet another long shot down the field.

Zool
01-11-2020, 10:19 AM
I don't think there's much doubt about it. The way Wilson is playing now, plus Aaron Jones and that offensive line? And Green Bay's defense, which is a trump card for them this year? Wilson and the Packers would roll the Seahawks. Rodgers would be overthrowing Lockett and underthrowing Metcalf, then scowling after he stalks off the field when it's fourth and one and he just missed on yet another long shot down the field.

Fixed it.

Fritz
01-11-2020, 10:58 AM
If we were in the same room, Zool, I'd scowl at you and roll my eyes. Maybe shrug my shoulders in disgust, even though - or perhaps because - you're right.

pbmax
01-11-2020, 01:37 PM
No matter what else happens, I will be forever grateful to finally find out why Jimmy Johnson was mad at Dan Marino.

Zool
01-11-2020, 02:28 PM
If we were in the same room, Zool, I'd scowl at you and roll my eyes. Maybe shrug my shoulders in disgust, even though - or perhaps because - you're right.

We’d both be yelling at the tv, telling him roll out and hit a RB or TE for 3 yards.

I really hope they get some long sustained drives tomorrow. Give the defense a few long rests.

George Cumby
01-11-2020, 05:03 PM
The dink and dunk is working, Why can’t he see that?

pbmax
01-11-2020, 06:06 PM
The dink and dunk is working, Why can’t he see that?

Defenses adjust. They noticed the Packers were scoring more for a month.