PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo: Divisional Playoff vs. Seattle 2020

pbmax
01-12-2020, 08:53 PM
Ah, excuse me.

Off by 5 points and one Smith Brother.

Packers score early and jump out to a lead. Things slow down, the defense is holding up. Offense picks up after half and scores again.

Just enough of a lead to make you celebrate then worry. Wilson gets two scores back by running around like Tarkenton. Offense has stalled. There are scowls.

Finally in a game that shouldn't be this close, Smith Bros tag team Wilson and somehow get that flotation device under water.

Packers win 27 - 19

pbmax
01-12-2020, 08:55 PM
Also, congrats to everyone who voted correctly in Bretsky's poll that the Packers were more talented but for those of you (wist, Bretsky) that posted that Wilson tilted it in favor of Seattle, can go post at Purple Pride Land this week.

:lol:

:D

hoosier
01-12-2020, 08:57 PM
Ah, excuse me.

You should bottle that stuff.

mraynrand
01-12-2020, 09:01 PM
You gotta beat Seattle. They never roll over. Have to make more plays. Packers did just that.

Fosco33
01-12-2020, 09:06 PM
Woo woo woo all the way home.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/playoffs/2020/01/12/nfl-fans-were-so-annoyed-by-the-fan-shouting-woo-at-the-seahawkspackers-game/40989833/

Fosco33
01-12-2020, 09:07 PM
Next week is dift story. Bulaga (who left game v Niners I think) should play.

See if lafleur has a totally dift plan for this time. Travel, scheme, etc.

esoxx
01-12-2020, 09:09 PM
I'll take Rodgers over Jimmy G. Playoff experience edge alone is huge.

mraynrand
01-12-2020, 09:10 PM
If you want to see how to beat the 49ers on offense with an immobile QB, the Rams had the best scheme. Lot of quick stuff, screens and misdirection. Oh, and run the ball - right at the pass rushers.

Gotarace
01-12-2020, 09:13 PM
Ah, excuse me.

Nostradamus couldn't have come that close...And they call him the Great One

mraynrand
01-12-2020, 09:14 PM
Rodgers was disciplined as hell today. Checked out of moon shots for shorter first down completions at least twice. Took team on his back when Seattle was selling out against run and Adams with perfect passes. Missed the open guy on that one sneaky double team of Adams. Still Not thrilled with empty backfield.

bobblehead
01-12-2020, 09:18 PM
If you want to see how to beat the 49ers on offense with an immobile QB, the Rams had the best scheme. Lot of quick stuff, screens and misdirection. Oh, and run the ball - right at the pass rushers.

This has always been my favorite way to negate the pass rush. Even if you don't get much success doing it, you wear them down. Seattle gassed our D and it showed. We had just enough left to get a stop...and faked a few injuries for extra breathers.

To win next week we MUST stop the run and force Jimmy G to throw to beat us.

Rodgers played about his best game of the year. Graham played his best game as a packer (and hopefully his 3rd to last). We mixed run and pass well. We missed Bulaga in the run game. Z needs to spend more time on cardio and less time on making self promoting T shirts. Take Clark with you to the stair master. I saw both of them get knocked down a few times in the second half and not even make an effort to get up.

Those are my thoughts. The end.

mraynrand
01-12-2020, 09:21 PM
Does Richard Sherman always line up on one side? Then put Geronimo across from him and run the offense to everyone else! If not, motion him all over the field.

pbmax
01-12-2020, 09:43 PM
Next week is dift story. Bulaga (who left game v Niners I think) should play.

See if lafleur has a totally dift plan for this time. Travel, scheme, etc.

Perhaps, but I am not sure if travel plan explains game very 49ers. Chargers game I would buy, but you have to know you are in for a game against that team.

Would be so much better at home versus that pass rush.

pbmax
01-12-2020, 09:44 PM
Nostradamus couldn't have come that close...And they call him the Great One

Nostra, Wayne Gretzky and me. That's it, that's the list.

George Cumby
01-12-2020, 09:47 PM
Rodgers was disciplined as hell today. Checked out of moon shots for shorter first down completions at least twice. Took team on his back when Seattle was selling out against run and Adams with perfect passes. Missed the open guy on that one sneaky double team of Adams. Still Not thrilled with empty backfield.

Nice touch on the ball tonight.

pbmax
01-12-2020, 09:47 PM
Nice touch on the ball tonight.

Best long throws since very early in year.

MVS and G-Mo with two nice catches.

George Cumby
01-12-2020, 09:49 PM
Ah, excuse me.

Well done.

Vincenzo
01-12-2020, 09:51 PM
That win was way up there in the most satisfying.
I’m gonna wonder all week long if we have a Puncher’s chance at San Fran.

QBME
01-12-2020, 10:03 PM

Hell yes we do. Just ask Vrabel and the Titans!!

yetisnowman
01-12-2020, 10:07 PM
Man I kinda feel like it's house money after that game. Choking against Seattle again would have almost been too much to handle. San Fran is the better team. But we have a puncher's chance. Feel like creating TOS is a must.

George Cumby
01-12-2020, 10:08 PM

When the camera cut to Carroll after that bad punt, that fucker had this infuriatingly smug smile on his face; he KNEW his boys were gonna' score.

So glad our boys were able to wipe that smirk off of his sleazy face.

pbmax
01-12-2020, 11:25 PM
WesHod
Jared Veldheer retires, attends the #Packers-Bears opener as a fan, unretires in November and makes an emergency spot start at right tackle in the most important game of the season for Green Bay.

That is something.

pbmax
01-12-2020, 11:34 PM
Patrick Finley
Marshawn Lynch just walked into the #Packers locker room to congratulate Aaron Rodgers. Can’t say I’ve seen that before

pbmax
01-12-2020, 11:34 PM
Everyone wants to know what extra footage the NFL saw. :lol:

mraynrand
01-13-2020, 12:58 AM
Patrick Finley
Marshawn Lynch just walked into the #Packers locker room to congratulate Aaron Rodgers. Can’t say I’ve seen that before

That’s because he had nothing on but his skittles.

Smidgeon
01-13-2020, 01:34 AM
At least for this game, Rodgers had his touch. There was a throw to Jimmy Graham in the third quarter (I think) that was pinpoint accurate. On replays and rewinds, it was a dime. And unlike the Lions game, there were several others that were right where he wanted them to be.

Next week, they need a rhythm offense to tire down the 9ers. Don't want to have to put up with a smug Bay Area if they lose.

MadtownPacker
01-13-2020, 02:21 AM
Patrick Finley

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28473845/former-cal-teammates-marshawn-lynch-aaron-rodgers-swap-jerseys%3fplatform=amp

That’s my PB style answer.

Bossman641
01-13-2020, 07:11 AM
Despite Fox saying otherwise, lazard did not return correct? Don't recall seeing him back on the field.

George Cumby
01-13-2020, 07:35 AM

Brad Childress is green with envy.

Joemailman
01-13-2020, 07:38 AM
If Graham had been ruled short of a 1st down, what would LaFleur have done on 4th down? Go for it? Kick a field goal? Pin them back with a punt? I'm guessing go for it with a tired defense against Russell Wilson. But it would have been a gut wrenching decision.

Cheesehead Craig
01-13-2020, 07:58 AM
Everyone wants to know what extra footage the NFL saw. :lol:

Pete Carroll had his iphone out apparently.

pbmax
01-13-2020, 08:07 AM
When the camera cut to Carroll after that bad punt, that fucker had this infuriatingly smug smile on his face; he KNEW his boys were gonna' score.

So glad our boys were able to wipe that smirk off of his sleazy face.

The human drama of athletics competition!

Wipe that smile off his *******& face!

This is what its all about.

pbmax
01-13-2020, 08:08 AM
Pete Carroll had his iphone out apparently.

Did he film the video board? :wha:

Pretty sure that consulting that is a no-no. I expect an apology and for Seattle to pay for Sullivan's back treatment.

pbmax
01-13-2020, 08:09 AM
If Graham had been ruled short of a 1st down, what would LaFleur have done on 4th down? Go for it? Kick a field goal? Pin them back with a punt? I'm guessing go for it with a tired defense against Russell Wilson. But it would have been a gut wrenching decision.

Its was the 35, 36? 53 yard kick. Was there a good direction last night?

Of course Crosby would have made it, but its nice not to have to go to the formality.

pbmax
01-13-2020, 08:10 AM

Does he hand them out wherever he goes like a Fireman at a 4th of July parade?

Zool
01-13-2020, 08:17 AM
Did he film the video board? :wha:

Pretty sure that consulting that is a no-no. I expect an apology and for Seattle to pay for Sullivan's back treatment.

I don't know how the rules are stated or applied, but wasn't that hit by Lynch on Sullivan an illegal block in the back?

mraynrand
01-13-2020, 08:19 AM
I don't know how the rules are stated or applied, but wasn't that hit by Lynch on Sullivan an illegal block in the back?

Lynch is used to handing out shots

pbmax
01-13-2020, 08:21 AM

I'm not sure about the rule, but think you are 100% right it should be illegal.

Retroactively.

pbmax
01-13-2020, 08:35 AM
https://twitter.com/tomgrossicomedy/status/1216565254722850816

Video from yard marker cam of Graham's first down catch.

pbmax
01-13-2020, 08:43 AM
S2Falcon on Mixer @S2Falcon
Replying to @tomgrossicomedy and @AndyHermanNFL Yikes. Packers haters crying. We get to deal with that for a while....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EOIiFEXWAAE_nQF?format=jpg&name=medium

Fosco33
01-13-2020, 08:43 AM
The yellow line was about a half yard past the actual marker. The yellow line means nothing.

It was a first down and there was no break to catch.

pbmax
01-13-2020, 08:44 AM
Tim Greene @MericasCaptain
No evidence of a clear recovery

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EOKXN-8WoAEAkmR?format=jpg&name=large

Cleft Crusty
01-13-2020, 08:45 AM
This is from a Seahawks fan.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EOIlynIWkAAB4L7.jpg

Obviously this imbecile doesn't know about vanishing points in perspective. Seahawk fans are familiar with football Vanishing points however, as in the vanishing NFCC game bid.

For Seattle fan: See is you can find a SBXLIX win at the convergence of the two railroad tracks:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/91/Railroad_in_Northumberland_County%2C_Pennsylvania. JPG/182px-Railroad_in_Northumberland_County%2C_Pennsylvania. JPG

George Cumby
01-13-2020, 08:45 AM
Lol

Fosco33
01-13-2020, 08:46 AM
I had a friend/coworker who was asked to be the guy that places the line. It literally takes minimal training and no experience.

Seahawk fans shouldn’t bitch at all. 4th down - we go for it and game. They keep a timeout - no impact.

It’s not like they called an interception a touchdown. Or a fumble recovery a lost challenge.

pbmax
01-13-2020, 08:47 AM
The other problem with ruler guy is that the ruler is set to the top of the opposite side yardage marker, which is leaning left.

Joemailman
Graham's knee comes down on the defender not on the field. I wonder if that is the additional video footage they mentioned.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EOIekwDUUAANLe5?format=jpg&name=small

pbmax
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EOIkVICWoAAS3dy?format=jpg&name=small

George Cumby
01-13-2020, 08:49 AM
The cognitive dissonance amongst Seattle fans is astounding. Fail Mary, motherfuckers?

pbmax
01-13-2020, 08:58 AM
From PFT: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/13/pete-carroll-defends-punting-with-fewer-than-three-minutes-left/

But the Seahawks opted to punt, and in so doing they allowed the too many precious seconds to evaporate from the game clock. The third-down sack happened with 3:22 left; the ball was snapped for the punt with 2:41 remaining in the game.

Bossman641
01-13-2020, 09:47 AM
The yellow line was wrong. Graham landed on the defender and it gave him the extra quarter yard he needed to reach the actual first down.

pbmax
01-13-2020, 10:47 AM
Preston Smith's sack on 3rd down, making 4th and 10. A huge play. If its just thrown away or incomplete, the Chickens are going for it.

https://twitter.com/packers/status/1216549249917378567

pbmax
01-13-2020, 11:59 AM
"What do you want to do here?"

Question of the game.

Oar.

Touchdown.

https://twitter.com/AaronNagler/status/1216760173345288196

run pMc
01-13-2020, 12:08 PM
I thought it was a pretty generous spot when watching during the game. Based on the above photos and the actual line vs. the yellow line, it looks like he made it. It's hard to tell because you can't see where the ball is exactly, but I think it's approximately lined up with the name on Hill's jersey with respect to the marker...which was across the line to gain.

Both teams got some generous calls, but I think for the most part the refs let them play.

pbmax
01-13-2020, 12:10 PM
Does anyone have an update on Chandon Sullivan? Did he come back into the game?

There is nothing I can find except that he left the game.

ZachMN
01-13-2020, 12:23 PM
as far as drawing a line between the markers I thought only one side was THE mark----the other being a reference so to try and draw any inference from a line drawn between the two is non sense....

Bossman641
01-13-2020, 12:30 PM
Hell of a pickup by Jones.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JuhKipp/status/1216553407923871744

George Cumby
01-13-2020, 12:47 PM
Stoned his man.

ThunderDan
01-13-2020, 01:06 PM

Sullivan came back and at least played on special teams kickoff coverage. Could only run about 3/4 speed on the play where Burks and Whitewater Jesus crunched the return man.

mraynrand
01-13-2020, 01:37 PM

He took a shot from Lynch...

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/01/packers-receiver-limps-off-field-questionable-to-return-vs-seahawks/

Chandon Sullivan Also Takes Rough Hit

Chandon Sullivan was trying to make a play with the Seahawks threatening to chip away at the Packers’ 21-3 lead in the third quarter, but a legal shot from Marshawn Lynch into his back left him down on the field.

While Lynch was just trying to force the pile forward and get Seahawks tight end Jacob Hollister closer to the end zone on the play, the young Packers cornerback needed trainers to attend to him for a few minutes before he was able to get to the sideline. Fortunately for the Packers, Sullivan seemed to be OK and was standing on the sideline like he would be ready to go once called upon.

Lynch ended up finishing the Seahawks’ drive with a goal-line punch that pulled the score to 21-10 with 9:44 left in the third quarter.

mraynrand
01-13-2020, 01:38 PM
Sullivan came back and at least played on special teams kickoff coverage. Could only run about 3/4 speed on the play where Burks and Whitewater Jesus crunched the return man.

Always go with the sideline reporter

Fritz
01-13-2020, 02:13 PM
A couple of observations:

- Back in the day, announcers doing Packers' games always said that they were never out of it as long as #4 was under center. I always thought that was baloney, as it takes 22 guys. But watching Russell Wilson in the second half, I get it now. I get it. That dude singlehandedly almost won that game for them. He had Lockett, who looked like their Davante Adams, but man oh man, Wilson was a one-man force of nature. He almost broke the Packers' backs on that third and nine or ten run for twenty yards later in the game. They couldn't get that dude on the ground, at least not in the second half until Preston Smith finally, finally got him at a key moment. Wilson had maybe two bad throws; otherwise he was spot-on. He had juice on the ball when needed and threw floaters when it worked best for his receiver. I've never seen anything like it. He really did almost win that game single-handedly. I'd say that he and Patrick Mahomes are the two best quarterbacks playing the game right now. As for that poll Bretsky did about who was the better QB, I said in that thread that if the Packers had Wilson and the Hawks had Rodgers, the Packers with Wilson would steamroll the Seahawks with Rodgers. I stand by that.

- Speaking of QB's, I was highly critical of Rodgers after the Detroit game, and said he had to play way better if the Packers were going to win against Seattle. Well, he did play better. Way better. Dude had a good game, a really good game. He made some really nice throws, was accurate, controlled the play calling nicely, made great adjustments. He just didn't make many mistakes. And his two third-down throws at the end of the game were beautiful. Well, maybe Graham's wasn't perfect, but still, Rodgers deserves credit.

- Kudos to The Flower, too, for not shriveling up at the end of the game and just running the ball on all three downs and hoping his very gassed defense could stop Seattle again. Screw that. So hooray to The Flower for calling passes on both those third down plays. Kudos to him, too, for adhering to the run game earlier, when the Packers were inside the Seattle five and couldn't run it in on first and second down. I liked the play calling in this game. He schemed Adams open a few times, trusted the running game. And by the way, does it look like he - or Rodgers, or both? - have finally decided to pretty much quit spreading the ball around and just going with the guys Rodgers trusts? Graham and Adams, more Adams, some more Graham. One to Allison at a key moment, a quickie to MVS, but really, Rodgers just went with the guys he trusted. And I imagine this was reinforced when Kumerow dropped that one pass he did get...

- I very mistakenly thought the defense would have to win this game because the offense looked so inconsistent throughout the season. But in fact, the offense won this game. They won it by running well and dominating the first half, and they won it in the second half by answering Seattle's first touchdown with one of their own, and by running out the clock so Wilson didn't have a chance to win it at the end. You know that Green Bay defense was absolutely gassed, so it would have been suicide to just run the ball three times and punt it back to Wilson. The offense won this game. Hats off to them. And boo to Fritz for thinking the defense would win it, and double-boo to Fritz for whining toward the end of the game that it looked just like that 2014 season NFC Championship game, that the Packers were surely going to lose.

- As I said earlier, I really thought that with the Packers having such good health, it would be terrible to waste that good luck and let Seattle come in and steal the game. I really thought the Packers were a better team - so I am so glad and relieved they won. They should have, at home. So now it's all house money - I really think San Fran is just too physical and has too much talent on defense, and offensive weapons in places the GB defense is weak (tight end, the running game), for Green Bay to be able to pull out a win. But I'm okay with that - I think the Niners are a better, more talented team. So if the Packers lose, it'll still have been a great season. The one weak link I think SF has is Jeanine Garrapolo. I think that if the Packers can somehow stop the run, and get some pressure on Garrapolo, he'll throw a couple of INT's. But I just don't think that, especially with an ailing Kenny Clark, the Packers can stop the SF running game. I think it would take that, and a fast start by the Packer offense, for an upset to happen.

- Finally, any word on injuries coming out of the game? I wonder about Clark, especially. Also, Jamaal Williams disappeared in the second half. Was that a conscious decision by The Flower, or did he re-injure himself?

beveaux1
01-13-2020, 02:21 PM
A couple of observations:

- Back in the day, announcers doing Packers' games always said that they were never out of it as long as #4 was under center. I always thought that was baloney, as it takes 22 guys. But watching Russell Wilson in the second half, I get it now. I get it. That dude singlehandedly almost won that game for them. He had Lockett, who looked like their Davante Adams, but man oh man, Wilson was a one-man force of nature. He almost broke the Packers' backs on that third and nine or ten run for twenty yards later in the game. They couldn't get that dude on the ground, at least not in the second half until Preston Smith finally, finally got him at a key moment. Wilson had maybe two bad throws; otherwise he was spot-on. He had juice on the ball when needed and threw floaters when it worked best for his receiver. I've never seen anything like it. He really did almost win that game single-handedly. I'd say that he and Patrick Mahomes are the two best quarterbacks playing the game right now. As for that poll Bretsky did about who was the better QB, I said in that thread that if the Packers had Wilson and the Hawks had Rodgers, the Packers with Wilson would steamroll the Seahawks with Rodgers. I stand by that.

- Speaking of QB's, I was highly critical of Rodgers after the Detroit game, and said he had to play way better if the Packers were going to win against Seattle. Well, he did play better. Way better. Dude had a good game, a really good game. He made some really nice throws, was accurate, controlled the play calling nicely, made great adjustments. He just didn't make many mistakes. And his two third-down throws at the end of the game were beautiful. Well, maybe Graham's wasn't perfect, but still, Rodgers deserves credit.

- Kudos to The Flower, too, for not shriveling up at the end of the game and just running the ball on all three downs and hoping his very gassed defense could stop Seattle again. Screw that. So hooray to The Flower for calling passes on both those third down plays. Kudos to him, too, for adhering to the run game earlier, when the Packers were inside the Seattle five and couldn't run it in on first and second down. I liked the play calling in this game. He schemed Adams open a few times, trusted the running game. And by the way, does it look like he - or Rodgers, or both? - have finally decided to pretty much quit spreading the ball around and just going with the guys Rodgers trusts? Graham and Adams, more Adams, some more Graham. One to Allison at a key moment, a quickie to MVS, but really, Rodgers just went with the guys he trusted. And I imagine this was reinforced when Kumerow dropped that one pass he did get...

- I very mistakenly thought the defense would have to win this game because the offense looked so inconsistent throughout the season. But in fact, the offense won this game. They won it by running well and dominating the first half, and they won it in the second half by answering Seattle's first touchdown with one of their own, and by running out the clock so Wilson didn't have a chance to win it at the end. You know that Green Bay defense was absolutely gassed, so it would have been suicide to just run the ball three times and punt it back to Wilson. The offense won this game. Hats off to them. And boo to Fritz for thinking the defense would win it, and double-boo to Fritz for whining toward the end of the game that it looked just like that 2014 season NFC Championship game, that the Packers were surely going to lose.

- As I said earlier, I really thought that with the Packers having such good health, it would be terrible to waste that good luck and let Seattle come in and steal the game. I really thought the Packers were a better team - so I am so glad and relieved they won. They should have, at home. So now it's all house money - I really think San Fran is just too physical and has too much talent on defense, and offensive weapons in places the GB defense is weak (tight end, the running game), for Green Bay to be able to pull out a win. But I'm okay with that - I think the Niners are a better, more talented team. So if the Packers lose, it'll still have been a great season. The one weak link I think SF has is Jeanine Garrapolo. I think that if the Packers can somehow stop the run, and get some pressure on Garrapolo, he'll throw a couple of INT's. But I just don't think that, especially with an ailing Kenny Clark, the Packers can stop the SF running game. I think it would take that, and a fast start by the Packer offense, for an upset to happen.

Really an excellent post. By the way, did anyone expect the Titans with Tannehill to crush the Ravens in Baltimore or the Vikings with Cousins to beat the Saints in New Orleans.

I'm hoping the 49ers think they've got this game won because of how handily they crushed us in November. Wouldn't be the first or even the biggest upset of the playoffs if we win.

ThunderDan
01-13-2020, 02:25 PM

That hit was 30 feet away from us. I can see my hat on the YouTube video replay that I watched.

Lynch led with the crown of the helmet and makes contact with it first before sliding off and hammering Sullivan in the back with his shoulder.

It was almost completely quiet as the staff worked on Sullivan. The head ref was about 20 feet from us. I screamed at him that not only was it an illegal block in the back but that he could also of kicked Lynch out of the game for initiating contact with the crown of his helmet. The woman behind screamed, "What he said." The ref looked visibly shaken after the hit and wouldn't make eye contact with anyone in the section.

Fritz
01-13-2020, 02:26 PM
Lets hope the Niners are reading all their press clippings and re-watching that earlier game in which they blew out the Packers.

And let's hope Kenny Clark prays to the same Jesus that Reggie White did, so he can heal as miraculously.

And dammit, fellas, wash your hands! Quit spreading that flu everywhere!

RashanGary
01-13-2020, 02:52 PM
Good stuff fritz

I'm glad to see the offense all of a sudden come alive too.

Rodgers, Adams, Jones with a veteran OL. They finally settled in with an identity. Just in time.

Defensively, I thought that was a really good game against an elite QB. They did just enough to contain him.

Seattle and SF both play that pete Carrol cover 3 bail mixed with man defense. That's back to back weeks getting to hone in on plays designed to expose presnap and then beat this scheme. I expect the offense to he dialed in and razor sharp.

Rodgers had all damn day at the line of scrimmage to do hard counts and what not. I'm not saying they're gonna do hard counts in SF, but it shows that their operation is finally settled in and smooth if they can get to the line that quickly and have that much extra time.

The offense is sneaky good right now and they get an advantage in back to back weeks that nobody is talking about.

George Cumby
01-13-2020, 02:53 PM
Lets hope the Niners are reading all their press clippings and re-watching that earlier game in which they blew out the Packers.

And let's hope Kenny Clark prays to the same Jesus that Reggie White did, so he can heal as miraculously.

And dammit, fellas, wash your hands! Quit spreading that flu everywhere!

Their flagship radio station is really hard to take right now. Knbr is usually pretty good but it’s disgusting right now.

The Packers are but a speed bump between them and the Owl.

mraynrand
01-13-2020, 02:53 PM
Preach it!

pbmax
01-13-2020, 05:30 PM
as far as drawing a line between the markers I thought only one side was THE mark----the other being a reference so to try and draw any inference from a line drawn between the two is non sense....

This is true. The official chains are on the home side of the field. That line that Rand's pic shows gives you a glance at those markers.

pbmax
01-13-2020, 05:32 PM

I like a guy who says I will take it easy due to the back condition so I will only play Special Teams.

Its like a vacation, right?

pbmax
01-13-2020, 05:34 PM
Hell of a pickup by Jones.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JuhKipp/status/1216553407923871744

On the other side of that blitz, is Linsley injured? He got beat almost clean on a pretty slow rush.

pbmax
01-13-2020, 05:39 PM
Nice post Fritz. I'd give Wilson even more credit if I understood why the Packers were playing such a loose zone with little variance in pressure.

They weren't even in their muddle 6 on the line with everyone standing up except Clark formation.

Duane Brown made a heck of a difference for Seattle is pass pro.

pbmax
01-13-2020, 09:35 PM
Rashan Gary with some praise and getting held in an obvious way.

https://twitter.com/RossUglem/status/1216801615103119361

pbmax
01-13-2020, 09:45 PM
Huh. Contested throw, tight window, bad mechanics, no follow through. Receiver he (mostly) trusts.

Who does this remind me of?

https://twitter.com/CSimmsQB/status/1216796417773182976

pbmax
01-13-2020, 09:46 PM
Also Fritz's post just reminded me: Kudos for The Flower for throwing the ball (with a back in the backfield) when they needed a first down and not just a 25 second clock run.

Bossman641
01-13-2020, 09:47 PM
On the other side of that blitz, is Linsley injured? He got beat almost clean on a pretty slow rush.

I almost wonder if he froze for a minute thinking about picking up the blitzer rather then the DT.

pbmax
01-13-2020, 09:53 PM
Oh, you are going to want to watch this one: PFF video podcast Sea-GB game preview

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1214977569180786693

scharpcheddar
01-13-2020, 09:58 PM
The one weak link I think SF has is Jeanine Garrapolo

He converted 3rd and 16 , twice, on the same game winning drive.
If he's the weak link. The Packers are definitely screwed.

pbmax
01-13-2020, 10:02 PM
I almost wonder if he froze for a minute thinking about picking up the blitzer rather then the DT.

Could be indeed.

pbmax
01-13-2020, 10:03 PM

And now down to the field, I mean stands, Section 100 something, Thunder Dan with an injury update.

Thunder?

George Cumby
01-13-2020, 10:06 PM

He is really quick off the snap.

pbmax
01-13-2020, 10:06 PM
"What do you want to do here?"

Question of the game.

Oar.

Touchdown.

https://twitter.com/AaronNagler/status/1216760173345288196

Packer Twitter is on fire with good stuff right through tonight.

Olivia Reiner @ReinerOlivia
On this adjustment, Linsley said he saw the protection going a different way + noticed something different on their front. No concern about the clock.

"It was pretty simple, but I just wanted to make sure that he was on the same page. He was. We got got it done and got the tud."

There is your new term for TD. "A tud"

pbmax
01-13-2020, 10:08 PM
Geronimo with his first down catch:

video: https://twitter.com/RossUglem/status/1216806273905233921

pbmax
01-13-2020, 10:11 PM
So no extended offense. But Rodgers secondary adjustment offense? Yes, when it came to Adams.

https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1216787923347046403

pbmax
01-13-2020, 10:17 PM
Oh, you are going to want to watch this one: PFF video podcast Sea-GB game preview

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1214977569180786693

They have a post game followup pod:

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1216676262002823168

HarveyWallbangers
01-13-2020, 10:32 PM
Wilson did have one of the better playoff games I've seen since Rodgers against Atlanta in the 2010 playoffs. Outside of the throw that King should have picked, he was phenomenal. He had a great start to the year. Then, he looked ordinary in the last few Seattle games that I saw, but he really brought his A game yesterday.

pbmax
01-13-2020, 10:50 PM
Ben Fennell @BenFennell_NFL
Aaron Rodgers on 3rd Down vs SEA

9/11 121 yards
1 TD, 0 INTs
1 Sack
155.8 QB Rating

Season high 9 3rd down conversions (9/14 overall)

Nice work Sheriff @AaronRodgers12

mraynrand
01-13-2020, 10:51 PM
That hit was 30 feet away from us. I can see my hat on the YouTube video replay that I watched.

Lynch led with the crown of the helmet and makes contact with it first before sliding off and hammering Sullivan in the back with his shoulder.

It was almost completely quiet as the staff worked on Sullivan. The head ref was about 20 feet from us. I screamed at him that not only was it an illegal block in the back but that he could also of kicked Lynch out of the game for initiating contact with the crown of his helmet. The woman behind screamed, "What he said." The ref looked visibly shaken after the hit and wouldn't make eye contact with anyone in the section.

I was calling you the sideline reporter, versus me watching at home. It's interesting what you hear/see when you're up close. I was at the WC loss to MN in '04 and I heard some new language used when Moss did his faux moonshot about 40 feet away from us.

pbmax
01-13-2020, 10:52 PM
Kenny Clark workin’ Joey Hunt

Base, posture, eye level, hands = gorgeous....

@KCBoutThatLife

https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1216869252755406849

pbmax
01-13-2020, 10:54 PM
Wilson did have one of the better playoff games I've seen since Rodgers against Atlanta in the 2010 playoffs. Outside of the throw that King should have picked, he was phenomenal. He had a great start to the year. Then, he looked ordinary in the last few Seattle games that I saw, but he really brought his A game yesterday.

His passing was bad enough (Packer perspective). But those runs were brutal to the effort.

pbmax
01-13-2020, 11:46 PM
They have a post game followup pod:

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1216676262002823168

And Packer Transplants with a rebuttal: https://twitter.com/coreybehnke/status/1216015104724041732

Go to 38:48, the Packers as the most fraudulent 13-3 team in history according to PFF's video blog.

pbmax
01-14-2020, 07:55 AM
Your new full backs.

Jake @SeedsofJake
Went unnoticed, but Jace Sternberger was on the field a bunch last night — mostly played as an H-back/blocking role.

Snap percentage:
Jace Sternberger: 44%
Jimmy Graham: 38%
Robert Tonyan: 33%

BTW, Vitale reported he felt better by Monday. Was down for 2 days.

mraynrand
01-14-2020, 08:05 AM
Flower has been integrating Jace into the offense since his return from injury, largely as a blocker. He’s pretty good at it. Caught his first NFL pass Sunday too. Still has a 50% drop rate though. Unacceptable!

pbmax
01-14-2020, 08:15 AM
Flower has been integrating Jace into the offense since his return from injury, largely as a blocker. He’s pretty good at it. Caught his first NFL pass Sunday too. Still has a 50% drop rate though. Unacceptable!

Needs to focus and stop making commercials.

George Cumby
01-14-2020, 09:08 AM
Kenny Clark workin’ Joey Hunt

Base, posture, eye level, hands = gorgeous....

@KCBoutThatLife

https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1216869252755406849

Bruh,

The Pad Level.

bobblehead
01-14-2020, 09:54 AM
Also Fritz's post just reminded me: Kudos for The Flower for throwing the ball (with a back in the backfield) when they needed a first down and not just a 25 second clock run.

Agree. It was infuriating watching stubby run into a nine man front in that scenario year after year and then counting on a gassed D to get a stop.

Fritz
01-14-2020, 01:55 PM
Agree. It was infuriating watching stubby run into a nine man front in that scenario year after year and then counting on a gassed D to get a stop.

Hear, hear. I hated that. Just hated it.

If Mike Sherman had channeled his inner then-21-year-old Matt LeFleur in the infamous Philly 4th-and-27 game, he'd have gone for it on fourth down instead of letting his punter kick it into the end zone from the Philly 42 or whatever it was, thus giving Philly the ball and a chance to win against a tired, tired GB defense. At that point, Ahman Green was having his way with the Philly defense. Gashing them.

pbmax
01-14-2020, 04:48 PM
Geronimo was wide open too

https://twitter.com/DustyEvely/status/1216961081974890502

Bretsky
01-14-2020, 09:05 PM

Can he really be any worse than our other ILB's besides Martinez ?

pbmax
01-14-2020, 10:00 PM
Can he really be any worse than our other ILB's besides Martinez ?

Ponch had a good game.

Fritz
01-15-2020, 10:50 AM
Heard some national punk snothead on AM radio this morning talking about how, even at 14-3, most people, including Mr. Whiny Punk Snothead, just don't think the Packers are really all that good. At all. The worst of the four teams left in the playoffs, easily, he said.

Gotarace
01-15-2020, 12:03 PM
Heard some national punk snothead on AM radio this morning talking about how, even at 14-3, most people, including Mr. Whiny Punk Snothead, just don't think the Packers are really all that good. At all. The worst of the four teams left in the playoffs, easily, he said.
It appears like it is a common theme since the payoffs have begun...hope the Packers find a way to motivate themselves off this Bulletin Board material...but if you can't get Motivated about the NFC Championship game you're in the wrong business

hoosier
01-15-2020, 01:22 PM
Feeling snubbed is a different kind of motivation, the kind you can't manufacture. Hoping to see something resembling what Pack did to Niners in Jan 1996 when they planted an entire row of Brent Joneses in the Candlestick turf.

Fritz
01-15-2020, 01:52 PM
Nothing motivates a person like thinking they been done wrong.

It's what gets me up in the morning to post on Packerrats.

Nobody in this damn place appreciates my genius, nor do they appreciate Drew Barrymore's preternatural naughtiness.

So I grit my teeth and get to work.

pbmax
01-15-2020, 02:06 PM

Keep chopping wood Mr. Snothead.

http://www.espn.com/espn/wire/_/id/1634484

https://www.onlineathens.com/sports/dogbytes/2017-11-07/what-those-who-know-about-chopping-wood-think-georgia-s-keep-chopping

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chopping%20wood

pbmax
01-15-2020, 02:06 PM
Feeling snubbed is a different kind of motivation, the kind you can't manufacture. Hoping to see something resembling what Pack did to Niners in Jan 1996 when they planted an entire row of Brent Joneses in the Candlestick turf.

So fun. So unexpected.

RashanGary
01-15-2020, 02:17 PM
Nothing motivates a person like thinking they been done wrong.

It's what gets me up in the morning to post on Packerrats.

Nobody in this damn place appreciates my genius, nor do they appreciate Drew Barrymore's preternatural naughtiness.

So I grit my teeth and get to work.

Thats how I feel too. I keep remembering the carmalized attention bretsky gave to our long legged friend and the spite burns me to this day. I come here to fight

scharpcheddar
01-15-2020, 05:40 PM
It appears like it is a common theme since the payoffs have begun...hope the Packers find a way to motivate themselves off this Bulletin Board material...but if you can't get Motivated about the NFC Championship game you're in the wrong business

Bulletin board material is just a stupid narrative. These guys get paid 7 digits whether they win or lose. That's all the motivation they need

George Cumby
01-15-2020, 08:34 PM
Bulletin board material is just a stupid narrative. These guys get paid 7 digits whether they win or lose. That's all the motivation they need

Cletidus Hunt.

The DL bum from NO. Joe something?

We could go on and on.

But I like the troll.

It's a different flavor.

mraynrand
01-15-2020, 10:34 PM

This deep in the playoffs you get a little extra if you win. They each got at least 54K making it to the conference championship; the SB losers get 59K each and the winners 118K*. That’s everyone on the 53 man roster getting the same. For those newer guys on rookie contracts that’s not chump change. For the elite guys that’s a luxury car or two or three. Nothing to sneeze at.

*2019 numbers.

hoosier
01-16-2020, 11:57 AM

If they get paid regardless, how is that motivation???

mraynrand
01-16-2020, 12:12 PM

Ask OBJ

scharpcheddar
01-16-2020, 04:54 PM

How is getting paid millions to do what your told, motivation? Did you really just ask that stupid question? I mean, come on, really?
Motivation to play for pay and not care. motivation to put on a show so you keep getting paid this ridiculous amount of money.

scharpcheddar
01-16-2020, 04:56 PM
Ask OBJ

Ask every player ominous the league. Pay me 300,000 to sit on a be bench for one lousy season. Most common people are set for life with just that much to work with.

HowardRoark
01-16-2020, 10:14 PM
How is getting paid millions to do what your told, motivation? Did you really just ask that stupid question? I mean, come on, really?
Motivation to play for pay and not care. motivation to put on a show so you keep getting paid this ridiculous amount of money.

Because the better each individual plays (collectively know as a “team” or something), the more they can earn in a thing known as free agency....ergo the motivation.

mraynrand
01-16-2020, 10:15 PM
Ask every player ominous the league. Pay me 300,000 to sit on a be bench for one lousy season. Most common people are set for life with just that much to work with.

The internet can give you a list of countries where it’s possible to retire for only 250K! Ominous.

mraynrand
01-16-2020, 10:17 PM
Because better each individual plays (collectively know as a “team” or something), the more they can earn in a thing known as free agency....ergo the motivation.

That sounds pretty complicated. Maybe you can just swear at the police or hand out cash to college players and then post on Instagram instead.

pbmax
01-16-2020, 10:31 PM
That sounds pretty complicated. Maybe you can just swear at the police or hand out cash to college players and then post on Instagram instead.

I’d laugh more if there weren't people apparently earning a living on Instagram.

pbmax
01-16-2020, 10:32 PM
Because the better each individual plays (collectively know as a “team” or something), the more they can earn in a thing known as free agency....ergo the motivation.

In a team sport, this can often go awry.

scharpcheddar
01-16-2020, 11:08 PM
The internet can give you a list of countries where it’s possible to retire for only 250K! Ominous.

Auto correct

mraynrand
01-17-2020, 08:29 AM
Auto correct

Auto mart

mraynrand
01-17-2020, 08:31 AM
I’d laugh more if there weren't people apparently earning a living on Instagram.

That’s exactly what they’re doing. It’s easier to make money shitposting on insta if you have/maintain a huge following.

MadtownPacker
01-18-2020, 10:15 AM
Bulletin board material is just a stupid narrative. These guys get paid 7 digits whether they win or lose. That's all the motivation they needMaybe this was true of old times players but the spoiled brats today??? Cmon man, some of these mfers cant even take the fans heckling them. You think they dont care about national news?

Fritz
01-18-2020, 06:29 PM
It hurts me when you post mean, hurtful things like that, Mad.

MadtownPacker
01-18-2020, 08:22 PM
It hurts me when you post mean, hurtful things like that, Mad.Hurts so good?