PDA

View Full Version : Puncher’s chance next week?

Vincenzo
01-12-2020, 10:01 PM
It was only a few weeks ago our Packers got embarrassed in SF, 37-8. It was an absolute dismantling.
Me being a realist ffs, I wanted to ask you Rats if we have at least a “Puncher’s chance?”
C’mon, playing on house money can we keep it going?

Gotarace
01-12-2020, 10:06 PM
It was only a few weeks ago our Packers got embarrassed in SF, 37-8. It was an absolute dismantling.
Me being a realist ffs, I wanted to ask you Rats if we have at least a “Puncher’s chance?”
They play the games for a Reason....GO PACK GO

Joemailman
01-12-2020, 10:08 PM
2 things give Packers a shot. In the other game, Bulaga left early and I believe I recall Bakhtiari had a bad game. That made the offense dysfunctional. Both these guys have been great the last month. The other is that the Packers defensive secondary seems to have fixed the communication errors that were killing them in October and November. Packers are great in close games. Keep it close and they have a shot.

George Cumby
01-12-2020, 10:09 PM
Puncher's chance for sure. But SF is scary to me.

esoxx
01-12-2020, 10:12 PM
Of course. Main reason being Rodgers has the huge playoff edge. This is his fourth NFC Championship Game appearance and he's won a Super Bowl. He's been there, done that.

Meanwhile, it's Jimmy G's 2nd playoff game ever.

That counts for a lot this time of year.

Cheesehead Craig
01-12-2020, 10:15 PM
Gotta win the turnover battle, like at least +2.

pbmax
01-12-2020, 10:29 PM
More than a punchers chance. Need to keep it close.

Offense can't funkify for so long next week.

RashanGary
01-12-2020, 10:37 PM
Win turnover battle
Do a better job in pass protection
Stop the run

RashanGary
01-12-2020, 10:43 PM
I'd call 49ers the favorite but we have every bit the chance Seattle had tonight or better.

Packers:
Secondary: Good
Linebackers: Good
DL: Solid

QB: great
RB: really good
OL: really good
WRs: solid
TEs: servicable

STs: good

The Packers don't have a weakness. They could beat anyone.

esoxx
01-12-2020, 10:52 PM
49ers favored by 7 on early Vegas line.

pbmax
01-12-2020, 10:52 PM
Bobble, I need to make a wager!

call_me_ishmael
01-12-2020, 10:54 PM
If Bulaga and Baktiari play their best games of the season and the D plays a tremendous game, the Packers will win. If they keep the pocket clean for Aaron, they will win, but that is a very daunting task. Nick Bosa is a bad enough dude to save the President.

Vincenzo
01-12-2020, 10:57 PM
Best Puncher’s scene ever:
http://https://www.google.ca/search?client=safari&channel=iphone_bm&sxsrf=ACYBGNSpwkX4PgPTK56fQHw1pvBX50HsNw%3A1578891 300987&ei=JPgbXrn1O4G6tQXewaHQBA&q=cinderella+man+corn+griffin&oq=cinderella+man+corn+griffin&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.3..46i39i275j0i8i30j0i30.0.0..20575...1.0..0. 104.200.1j1......0.............0i22i30j0i333.mqEw2 w9ombg

QBME
01-12-2020, 11:04 PM
As posted earlier on another thread, hell yes we have a chance.
Please see Mike Vrabel and the Titans.

texaspackerbacker
01-12-2020, 11:04 PM
I'm more optimistic about the Niners game than before tonight. Garrofalo ain't remotely close to as good as Wilson. If we put similar pressure on him, we will get a dozen or so sacks. Not only that, Wilson is not much below Rodgers in terms of not throwing interceptions; Garrofalo on the other hand, will throw a few to the other team.

Of course, the Niners have a better O Line for pass protection and probably a better running game, and their D is better at least than the way Seattle played in the second half.

Just the same, if the Packers O Line can hold up at least a little bit, and our D can pass rush and stop the run while not failing completely in pass coverage, then we should win.

esoxx
01-12-2020, 11:06 PM
One thing that is very concerning is handling Kittle. Going to have to come up with something but don't see the personnel to keep him contained from having a huge game.

mraynrand
01-12-2020, 11:12 PM
One thing that is very concerning is handling Kittle. Going to have to come up with something but don't see the personnel to keep him contained from having a huge game.

Need a Wayne Simmons type to blow him the hell up right off the line of scrimmage. Don’t know anyone who can do that.

George Cumby
01-12-2020, 11:18 PM
Well. The last time we had a Wayne Simmons type was when we had Wayne Simmons.

Freak Out
01-12-2020, 11:27 PM
It's going to be tough to go in and beat them at home....hell anywhere. It can be done though.

pbmax
01-12-2020, 11:28 PM
If Bulaga and Baktiari play their best games of the season and the D plays a tremendous game, the Packers will win. If they keep the pocket clean for Aaron, they will win, but that is a very daunting task. Nick Bosa is a bad enough dude to save the President.

Partial: knock it off.

Vincenzo
01-13-2020, 12:10 AM
Plz stop reffing this week pbmx. Like you I’ll be thinking all week if we have that punchers chance.
I keep thinking of that scene when Cinderella Man Russel Crow comes out and upsets Corn Griffin

mraynrand
01-13-2020, 12:57 AM
Cinderella man, hang on to your plans
Try as they might they cannot steal your dreams

RashanGary
01-13-2020, 07:13 AM
One thing we have going is the Seahawks and 49ers run a similar style defense.

Can practice a lot of the same stuff two weeks in a row. Repetition leads to consistency.

Joemailman
01-13-2020, 07:17 AM
Hopefully Packers front 7 can continue to apply the kind of pressure they had Sunday. They had 5 sacks. Against a normal QB, they might have had 10. This game might come down to which team can better protect their QB.

RashanGary
01-13-2020, 08:02 AM
To me, kittle is the best "non QB" offensive player I've ever seen. Russ Wilson made plays. That's what great players do. So will kittle.

Jimmy G makes mistakes though. I think the turnover battle is going to be huge.

Like has already been said, Bakh and Bulaga are playing great football right now. Rodgers looks on. Aaron Jones is on. Davante is on.

It's gonna be a game. We're looking at that great team. But they're looking at ours too. Two heavy weights. It's a big time NFCC game.

RashanGary
01-13-2020, 08:20 AM
Our defense started playing football at a championship level after the week 11 bye.

Our offense, in it's first year, seems to have just hit it's stride.

Our special teams got a boost with that new returner.

We're mostly healthy

Fuck yes we have a punchers chance

RashanGary
01-13-2020, 08:22 AM
Turnover margin will decide game. We have the right QB for this kind of game and they don't.

pbmax
01-13-2020, 08:24 AM
Hopefully Packers front 7 can continue to apply the kind of pressure they had Sunday. They had 5 sacks. Against a normal QB, they might have had 10. This game might come down to which team can better protect their QB.

And people laughed at the idea of a 5' 10" QB.

There wasn't enough to hold on to.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-13-2020, 08:51 AM

Pack fans, it's time to buy your tickets, book your hotel rooms and get your Cuban cigars ready, cos, Miami, here comes the Pack!

And, paraphrasing Wood here, since the President won't come watch us in the Super Bowl, guess what? Fuck him. We decline his invitation. Decline on three! :)

bobblehead
01-13-2020, 09:22 AM

I recall destroying the giants years back late in the season only to get pushed around in the playoffs. Happens often.

Many think this team isn't as good as its record. Does anyone think this team is as bad as it played in that game?

bobblehead
01-13-2020, 09:23 AM
I take venmo or paypal :) Of course it would be illegal for me to make a wager for an out of state patron.

bobblehead
01-13-2020, 09:27 AM

I actually think he was making a movie reference. Gerard Butler? I think anyway...OMG I'm defending Partial...anything could happen. Packers win by 30!!

bobblehead
01-13-2020, 09:32 AM
it will be a different game. SF isn't down to a washed up RB and 3rd string OL. They will smash mouth it. Jimmy G ain't russell. Probably will see an appearance by goodsen. We have to shut down their running game or its lights out. We also need to run at the teeth of that DL and wear them down. First half has to be low scoring because we must run and we won't have a ton of success. If we get them a bit tired we can score in the second half and force Jimmy G to throw. If he is forced to be one dimensional he will throw a pick. Thats how you win.

gbgary
01-13-2020, 10:11 AM
it would take a complete game. something that they've been unable to do this season...even against poor teams. miracles do happen though.

mraynrand
01-13-2020, 10:40 AM
I actually think he was making a movie reference. Gerard Butler? I think anyway...OMG I'm defending Partial...anything could happen. Packers win by 30!!

Candlestick has Fallen

pbmax
01-13-2020, 10:48 AM

If this is the case, then my apologies.

Please PM me in future cases as I am old and do not watch "talkies".

rollo
01-13-2020, 11:08 AM
Packers will probably be watching the SF-ATL game on repeat this week.

Freak Out
01-13-2020, 11:15 AM

This is what I was thinking...Jimmy G is not Wilson.

ThunderDan
01-13-2020, 11:18 AM
This is what I was thinking...Jimmy G is not Wilson.

Heard on the Packers Post Game show that Wilson rushed for 62 yards last night. Jimmy G didn't rush for 62 yards the whole season.

Freak Out
01-13-2020, 11:20 AM
Packers will probably be watching the SF-ATL game on repeat this week.

Yep

Bossman641
01-13-2020, 11:24 AM
Don't fumble on the first drive of the game again. Need to get a lead and make Jimmy G beat us.

George Cumby
01-13-2020, 12:02 PM
Listened to KNBR, the Niners flagship out of SF.

They’re looking at the November game and packing their bags for Miami. They think it’s going to get “ugly” for the Packers. That Sherman’s gonna’ man up on Davante and pwn him.

This is gonna’ be guuuuuuuuuuuuud.

mraynrand
01-13-2020, 02:03 PM
That Sherman’s gonna’ man up on Davante and pwn him.

I'd like to see Sherman follow Adams all over the field, with tons of presnap motion and some super hard 'picks'

Fritz
01-13-2020, 02:17 PM
Listened to KNBR, the Niners flagship out of SF.

They’re looking at the November game and packing their bags for Miami. They think it’s going to get “ugly” for the Packers. That Sherman’s gonna’ man up on Davante and pwn him.

This is gonna’ be guuuuuuuuuuuuud.

Let's hope the players and listening to all that and soaking it in.

Joemailman
01-13-2020, 02:53 PM
This feels a little like 2014. Packers that year were trounced at Seattle on opening night 36-16. They recovered to finish 12-4 and had to go to Seattle for NFC Title Game. Yes, we all remember the finish, but the fact is the Packers dominated the Seahawks for much of that game in a way few would have predicted. Packers were 8.5 point underdogs. The good news is that based on what we saw last night, if the Packers have a lead with with a chance to ice the game, MLF will not take the ball out of Arod's hands as MM did.

MadtownPacker
01-13-2020, 03:07 PM
As someone who witnessed the asskicking SF put on the Pack during the season I say yes, they have an chance. More than a chance IMO. The Rodgers fumble to start the game set the tone and it snowballed from there. This time ARod knows what he is walking into. If he takes what he can and the D forced Jimmy G to try beat them with anyone besides Kittle we could be in for a pleasant surprise on Sunday.

RashanGary
01-13-2020, 03:11 PM
As someone who witnessed the asskicking SF put on the Pack during the season I say yes, they have an chance. More than a chance IMO. The Rodgers fumble to start the game set the tone and it snowballed from there. This time ARod knows what he is walking into. If he takes what he can and the D forced Jimmy G to try beat them with anyone besides Kittle we could be in for a pleasant surprise on Sunday.

Absolutely, fumbled right into that snowball affect. Young coach let that get away on him.

Can't take too much from that game.

But kittle is a beast. Best skill player in football imo.

RashanGary
01-13-2020, 03:14 PM
Plus they were a little rusty after the bye week. By the time they got back in the groove of football, the game had gotten away.

This is a completely different game.

MadtownPacker
01-13-2020, 03:32 PM
Just drive your crazy ass to San Jose and take Kittle hostage for the weekend.

Freak Out
01-13-2020, 03:50 PM
The real JH would do that...cocaine and kidnap weekend.

Fosco33
01-13-2020, 05:04 PM
Of course. Any given Sunday. Million things could happen. Or we get blown out like a couple yes ago vs Falcons

pbmax
01-13-2020, 05:44 PM
I'd like to see Sherman follow Adams all over the field, with tons of presnap motion and some super hard 'picks'

Packers broke him once, they can do it again.

He was one armed against Jordy in the game I cannot remember.

Fosco33
01-13-2020, 06:03 PM
I like being the underdog.

We’ll need a game like NFCC vs Bears.

RashanGary
01-13-2020, 06:12 PM
Is Lancaster injured seriously? 49ere are gonna go big. I think I'd rather see a big 3 man line to stop the run so we can still afford to go faster with the ILB hybrids.

RashanGary
01-13-2020, 06:27 PM
Go big with 3 man lines. Rotate 5 guys in there. Clark, Lowry, Lancaster, Keke and Adams. Rotate our big OLBs. Have that front 5 play the run hard.

Then play Tramon, Sullivan and Campbell in the back end so we have the speed to match up in pass coverage.

I think this is how I'd take on all the TEs and FB looks SF likes to throw

Cheesehead Craig
01-13-2020, 06:55 PM
Jimmy G can't escape and create like Wilson. If the D can pressure like last game, they can have 7-8 sacks.

RashanGary
01-13-2020, 07:10 PM
Seattle didnt have kittle, juszczyk and three fresh running backs that all run 4.3 or 4.4.

The Packers are better with tramon and Sullivan than with Goodson or Burks. So how we gonna stop the run? And if we go big and slow, how we gonna stop Kittle and Juice.

Its gonna be a huge challenge for our defense to defense their run/pa game. Their personnel is just perfect for that unpredictable offense.
Equal but different challenge than Seattle

ChicagoSmellsLikeFarts
01-13-2020, 07:19 PM
Nervous as all hell, why because if we beat Frisco. Chances are we get KC who are out for blood.

RashanGary
01-13-2020, 07:45 PM
Nervous as all hell, why because if we beat Frisco. Chances are we get KC who are out for blood.

That KC offense is dominant. We'd have to run the ball really well and win the turnover battle and come up with a stop or two in the redzone to beat them

texaspackerbacker
01-13-2020, 07:46 PM
We absolutely should NOT load up the D Line with fat boys. That rotation you describe, RG, is a plodding recipe for loss. Our DBs are borderline at best in coverage. Consequently, we need to rush the hell out of Garrofalo. The five across the front with the Smiths on the outside should work well as a base, but in passing situations - which nowadays is well over half the time, keep it at 4 or even 3 big bodies with Clark and either one of none of those other four fatties in there. Our best D - IMO - is Clark, the two Smiths, and either Fackrell or Gary in there. Is Lancaster hurt? I don't want to wish injury on any Packer, but the best place for him is anchoring down the bench. Ditto that for Goodson.

Aside from Martinez, the rest should be DBs - 5 or 6 of them with generous use of DBs blitzing.

RashanGary
01-13-2020, 08:27 PM
SF will run it down our throats if we go small

scharpcheddar
01-13-2020, 08:37 PM
Jimmy G can't escape and create like Wilson. If the D can pressure like last game, they can have 7-8 sacks.

3rd and 16 conversions twice, on the same game winning drive.
Maybe GB better cover receivers to keep that from happening.

Lol no, GB isn't getting 7 sacks vs anyone. SF is healthier than they were in last GB game.

Fosco33
01-13-2020, 08:51 PM

At this point - every team is very good. I just hope for good games and even calls by the zebras. Weird to think one playoff W equals a good year, but first year coach and minimal offensive weapons. If we don’t win it all this year - Id be disappointed if ARod doesn’t win another ring in next 2 years.

Bretsky
01-13-2020, 09:22 PM
San Fran's OL and DL is so much better than Seattle's; that's why this is our toughest matchup we'll see

scharpcheddar
01-13-2020, 09:43 PM
San Fran's OL and DL is so much better than Seattle's; that's why this is our toughest matchup we'll see

Lol GB doesn't have any hope of keeping up. But here's whats gonna happen. The game will still be close into the 4th qtr.. SF still wins. Theyll have KC blow out Titans ,so kC looks like a favorite.
Then in SB , KC won't do crap.

scharpcheddar
01-13-2020, 09:47 PM
At this point - every team is very good. I just hope for good games and even calls by the zebras. Weird to think one playoff W equals a good year, but first year coach and minimal offensive weapons. If we don’t win it all this year - Id be disappointed if ARod doesn’t win another ring in next 2 years.

No, only two teams are good. Titans only have a RB.
Packers only have a QB with one receiver to throw to.
SF and KC have more of everything.

call_me_ishmael
01-13-2020, 09:48 PM
I just got a feeling about this Titans team. I think they're either gonna narrowly lose or win. They're very good defensively it appears and they surely can run dat ball.