PDA

View Full Version : Official On To San Francisco Week

pbmax
01-13-2020, 08:57 PM
Its clear thinking like this that will see them through.

Ryan Wing @RyanWingFOX11
Jamaal Williams just told me sickness is a negativity and he has positive energy so that’s why he doesn’t get sick

Fosco33
01-13-2020, 09:09 PM

Ryan Wing @RyanWingFOX11
Jamaal Williams just told me sickness is a negativity and he has positive energy so that’s why he doesn’t get sick

Crazy as it sounds. Positive thinking, laughter, etc do have a positive clinical impact.

I’ve been too busy to get sick. And I work in hospitals, sleep in hotels and fly about 180-200 times a year.

When I take vacation - I’ll get a cold.

https://www.adventhealth.com/blog/how-positive-thinking-affects-your-health

pbmax
01-13-2020, 09:32 PM
Crazy as it sounds. Positive thinking, laughter, etc do have a positive clinical impact.

I’ve been too busy to get sick. And I work in hospitals, sleep in hotels and fly about 180-200 times a year.

Positive clinical impact doesn't mean NOT getting a cold or the flu.

You are probably just powering through it.

pbmax
01-13-2020, 10:14 PM
The Packer Ranter @PackerRanter

The narrative this week will be that this is a Packers revenge game.

That is correct.

Jerry Rice fumbled.

Fosco33
01-13-2020, 10:19 PM
Look at the link PB. There is a connection to frequency of cold.

George Cumby
01-13-2020, 10:35 PM
The SF fans are all ready packing their bags for Miami.

Brent Jones today said on KNBR that it was a "lock" the Niners are gonna' win and will have the game well in hand by the third quarter.

He also said the Niners are gonna' win 'going away'.

It has been this way all day and it's going to get worse as the week progresses.

Fitz and Brooks and Tom Tolbert, all of whom I genuinely enjoy, normally, spent half an hour polishing Joey Bosa's knob, especially his WWE moment against the Vikes.

The magic ends Sunday guys, it's all but over for the Pack, they shouldn't even fly out. Seriously, they should just concede the game.

/s

texaspackerbacker
01-13-2020, 10:41 PM

Ryan Wing @RyanWingFOX11

It works for me hahahahaha.

texaspackerbacker
01-13-2020, 10:58 PM
A few days ago, I was having a hard time seeing a pathway to victory against the Niners. No question, it's gonna be a tough task. IMO, what it's gonna take for the Packers to win is the O Line playing extremely much better than they played the last time against the Niners - and that means playing way over their heads. Aaron Jones is gonna get good yardage if he gets just a little bit of blocking - as happened until we got to 28 points against Seattle and abruptly stopped happening the rest of the game. Aaron Rodgers is used to getting a heavy pass rush - it's happened consistently for years. Getting boxed in, though, as the Niners succeeded in doing the last game, that can't happen again, or we will get our ass kicked again. If he gets just a little bit of protection, he will lead the Packers to victory. As I recall, Davante Adams was way less than 100% the last time. Based on last week, he now is right where he should be.

Our D needs to put a heavy pass rush on Garrofalo - NOT just fall back and rely on coverage, as our pass coverage just isn't as strong as it needs to be without that heavy pass rush.

This game is winnable, but it won't be easy.

Joemailman
01-13-2020, 11:45 PM
I wonder if this play will still be in the playbook.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EOInjwWWkAEt_Mg?format=jpg&name=small

mraynrand
01-13-2020, 11:51 PM
Who will stand up to this guy?

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/1216374760348823554

pbmax
01-13-2020, 11:54 PM
Paul Alexander @CoachPaulAlex
“Yellow Weasel” is Weakside Lead Zone (weasel) to the Left (yellow)

Green Bay audible

Even the Astros could pick that up without video.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-14-2020, 03:02 AM
Paul Alexander @CoachPaulAlex
“Yellow Weasel” is Weakside Lead Zone (weasel) to the Left (yellow)

Green Bay audible

Even the Astros could pick that up without video.

Yellow Weasel is racist, yo. Might as well say Black Racoon. Or White Skunk.

MadtownPacker
01-14-2020, 06:36 AM
Jerry Rice fumbled.He did.

Fosco33
01-14-2020, 07:47 AM
I imagine Linsley has a better game than Nov and Bulaga being out there will make a huge difference. I think we ride Jones unlike splitting w/ Williams and maybe it’ll open up a passing game.

Or just counter with very quick passes.... just keep AR from pressure.

pbmax
01-14-2020, 07:49 AM

White Polar Bear?

mraynrand
01-14-2020, 08:06 AM

You tell ‘em, ferret-face.

bobblehead
01-14-2020, 10:11 AM
Who will stand up to this guy?

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/1216374760348823554

Greene. Raven Greene. The Ravens won't be in the Owl, but Raven Will!!

bobblehead
01-14-2020, 10:13 AM
I imagine Linsley has a better game than Nov and Bulaga being out there will make a huge difference. I think we ride Jones unlike splitting w/ Williams and maybe it’ll open up a passing game.

Or just counter with very quick passes.... just keep AR from pressure.

Pound the rock. Line up 7 OL and Mercedes. If they stack up at all, run Tae down one sideline and MVS down the other and stress the D. Get a completion or PI, all the same.

pbmax
01-14-2020, 10:27 AM
Pound the rock. Line up 7 OL and Mercedes. If they stack up at all, run Tae down one sideline and MVS down the other and stress the D. Get a completion or PI, all the same.

Watch film of Packers versus Ravens, 2001?

RashanGary
01-14-2020, 10:35 AM

SF has small DL and small LBs. Will help a lot to get ahead and make this about the run.

RashanGary
01-14-2020, 10:43 AM
How to stop SF offense

Commit resources to stop the run first

Commit resources to stop kittle next

Dare Jimmy G and their so/so wrs to beat you

Alexander and king gonna be on islands with single deep safety (savage)

Can Jimmy g and his receivers beat us? Gotta take away what they do best first and dare them to beat us with their weakness

RashanGary
01-14-2020, 10:44 AM
How to score on SF

Run it down their throat and take shots on their so/so secondary

Anti-Polar Bear
01-14-2020, 11:16 AM
White Polar Bear?

A polar bear ain’t a rodent, unlike weasel, raccoon and skunk.

RashanGary
01-14-2020, 11:51 AM
Believe it or not, I actually think we match up well with these guys. Our two young corners and FS are fast as they come. Playing an immobile QB, we can man up outside with single safety high, and commit 8 man boxes to the run game and kittle.

Offensively, Bakh getting healthy and Bulaga finding his health and groove too, along with an interior line that's stayed healthy and built cohesion matches up well against their DL.

Aaron Jones and the veteran OL match up well against their small front 7.

I do think we can kick their ass

MadScientist
01-14-2020, 12:35 PM
If I were SF, I'd put Sherman on Adams, bring a safety up to deal with Jones and force someone else to get the job done. Will anyone else step up?

If I'm MLF, I'd counter by moving Adams around, and trying to open things up with TE's, and maybe a deep shot or two off a rollout. Also don't travel on Saturday. The team looked lagged from the late trip. If he has to, hire a chaperone for each player to keep them out of the dispensaries for the weekend.

MadtownPacker
01-14-2020, 01:14 PM
Not really worried about the defense versus Jimmy G. L
Kittle is the only worry on offense. The priority is sustaining drives and wearing their defense down. Ball control offense is what I expected to see versus SF last game. Niner pass rush was too intense for any plays that needed time to developing.

JohnMexico
01-14-2020, 01:40 PM
Fuck them. Easily the cockiest bunch of fans online there is.

Really cant get get any worse than the last meeting. They dont have a good run d at all and their secondary outside of Sherman is kind of whatever but he IS their QB ( I dont imagine they will hang out on that side of the field too often ). Cant imagine a possible scenario where we win a pass heavy game.

Gonna be a lot of Jones in both run and pass game and some Irvin as well. But it will be a close game as long we dont turn the ball over early and they can then just run down our throat with a lead.

Fritz
01-14-2020, 01:46 PM
How to stop SF offense

Can Jimmy g and his receivers beat us? Gotta take away what they do best first and dare them to beat us with their weakness

Deebo Samuels?

RashanGary
01-14-2020, 01:50 PM
Not really worried about the defense versus Jimmy G. L
Kittle is the only worry on offense. The priority is sustaining drives and wearing their defense down. Ball control offense is what I expected to see versus SF last game. Niner pass rush was too intense for any plays that needed time to developing.

Agree. Their starting DTs weigh less than 300 lbs. Their starting ILBs are 235. That's a light fast group. Gotta rough them up. Shove them around, dominate the LOS.

Bosa is 265 and Ford 255. That's more small players. Just a fitness defense. Period.

Gonna want to play Mercedes just tee off and shove them back. Aggression. No pussy footing. Have to take it straight to them.

Worst thibg that can happen is make it a passing game. Don't want to let their small, finess defense play a fitness game.

RashanGary
01-14-2020, 01:50 PM
Deebo Samuels?

I like king and Alexander on either of their guys

RashanGary
01-14-2020, 01:52 PM
Our OL and TEs need to come out angry. Just come in with the attitude to dominate the smaller guys in front of them. Make them wrestle and fight for 60 minutes . Let our big vets wear them down

RashanGary
01-14-2020, 01:55 PM
If we get ahead and muscle them around, they'll be warn down for a clutch 4th quarter passing the ball.

We need a turnover. We need to hold them to field goals. We need to run the ball well early . Do they and SF gonna be in for a fight that their small guys might not be up for

Fritz
01-14-2020, 01:56 PM
That defense has speed. It's a good defense. Don't go getting all cocky now. They manhandled the Pack.

RashanGary
01-14-2020, 01:58 PM
Might be nice to hammer those small ILBs with Jamaal Williams too. Let the OL slam their DL around and make Warner and Alexander take shots from our thug RB.

This is a game we just want to come in and make it about who's more physical up front

RashanGary
01-14-2020, 02:00 PM
That defense has speed. It's a good defense. Don't go getting all cocky now. They manhandled the Pack.

Not trying to be cocky, just make it a game of muscle, not speed

gbgary
01-14-2020, 02:27 PM
How to score on SF

Run it down their throat and take shots on their so/so secondary

throw short, preferably quick, passes along with the running. this will set up the shots.

texaspackerbacker
01-14-2020, 03:01 PM
How to stop SF offense

No No No! That is exactly the wrong way to go about it.

You rush the hell out of Garrofalo, you play two deep Safetys, and you hope against hope that our Corners can cover for just the short time Garrofalo has to throw. Cover Kittle with Tramon or Sullivan and hope they can cover him for that same short period of time.

Let's see now, that's 5 DBs plus Martinez plus 4 or 5 up front - Clark, the Smiths, and either Gary or Fackrell, with never more than one of the two Northwestern porkers in there except maybe on the 1 yard line. If we go with four up front including the 2 OLBs, that leaves either an extra DB for coverage or (I hope) an occasional Safety or Corner blitz.

George Cumby
01-14-2020, 03:47 PM
IMO it's about unfucking the pressure that Rodgers was under last game.

GB unfucks that, and it's a different ball game.

George Cumby
01-14-2020, 03:55 PM
One more thing that's percolating around.

Rodgers is going to play PISSED.

The Niners took Alex Smith.

The Bay Area media and fans are dismissing the Pack. Rodgers NorCal connections are, presumptively, passing this disrespect on to him.

Bakhtiari has already made mention of this.

Watch out SF, you are going to have a very focused Aaron Rodgers to play against.

scharpcheddar
01-14-2020, 04:04 PM
One more thing that's percolating around.

Rodgers is going to play PISSED.

The Niners took Alex Smith.

The Bay Area media and fans are dismissing the Pack. Rodgers NorCal connections are, presumptively, passing this disrespect on to him.

Bakhtiari has already made mention of this.

Watch out SF, you are going to have a very focused Aaron Rodgers to play against.

Lol such a stupid narrative. He's a pro ,making millions. But yeah, he'd think like a hurt child. Thinking he's gonna win this game because they didn't draft me....so stupid.

mraynrand
01-14-2020, 04:10 PM
Lol such a stupid narrative. He's a pro ,making millions. But yeah, he'd think like a hurt child. Thinking he's gonna win this game because they didn't draft me....so stupid.

Snubbed!

George Cumby
01-14-2020, 04:19 PM

Ah.

Back to being a moron.

mraynrand
01-14-2020, 04:21 PM
I think my nickname for Zadarius Smith is going to be “Snubby”

ZachMN
01-14-2020, 04:28 PM
Jimmy G don't like to pass outside the numbers. Stuff the run and force him to pass there.

RashanGary
01-14-2020, 04:32 PM
Jimmy G don't like to pass outside the numbers. Stuff the run and force him to pass there.

Smart.... SF has top running game in NFL. Has to start there. Kittle is next. If you're gonna give something up, give up the outside throws. See if Jimmy G can do what he least likes to do to the least effective players on their offense

scharpcheddar
01-14-2020, 04:35 PM
Ah.

Back to being a moron.

Ok, bro, seriously? I'm not the one believing childish fantasy here.
Moron? Have I been thst rude yet?
The Pack aren't winning. I swear on my Cheesehead in the closet

scharpcheddar
01-14-2020, 04:36 PM

Because he doesn't have to. His guys are always open down field

pbmax
01-14-2020, 04:40 PM
A polar bear ain’t a rodent, unlike weasel, raccoon and skunk.

Species-est.

pbmax
01-14-2020, 04:43 PM
Sacks created: guy who breaks through and causes QB to move, resulting in sack.

Seth Walder @SethWalder
Here's the top 10 (well, 11) of sacks created for you!

Za'Darius Smith 20
Danielle Hunter 18
Cameron Jordan 17
Shaquil Barrett 17
Khalil Mack 16
Dante Fowler 14
T.J. Watt 14
Chandler Jones 12
Bud Dupree 12
Harold Landry 12
Matt Judon 12

His explanation: We have a stat called sacks created -- it credits a sack to the player with the first pass rush win on a sack rather than the player who finishes the play (can be same person).

More nuggets like that in here:https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/28465373/2019-nfl-advanced-statistic-awards-top-performers-pass-rushing-blocking-coverage-more

mraynrand
01-14-2020, 04:58 PM
Species-est.

Take it to FYI.

pbmax
01-14-2020, 07:50 PM
Take it to FYI.

Fair point.

Freak Out
01-14-2020, 08:58 PM
Did any of the attempted screens to Jones work against SEA? I seem to remember them being blown up every time. Really hoping that type of play will work against SF.

Freak Out
01-14-2020, 08:59 PM
Not sure its a good strategy considering they only rush the lineman on most downs correct?

pbmax
01-14-2020, 09:53 PM
Not sure its a good strategy considering they only rush the lineman on most downs correct?

You need them to rush and overcommit. But Bosa types are fast enough to both overcommit and recover.

Need to fool at least one guy very well to get two blockers to the LB or safety.

MadtownPacker
01-14-2020, 10:09 PM
No No No! That is exactly the wrong way to go about it.

You rush the hell out of Garrofalo, you play two deep Safetys, and you hope against hope that our Corners can cover for just the short time Garrofalo has to throw. Cover Kittle with Tramon or Sullivan and hope they can cover him for that same short period of time.

Let's see now, that's 5 DBs plus Martinez plus 4 or 5 up front - Clark, the Smiths, and either Gary or Fackrell, with never more than one of the two Northwestern porkers in there except maybe on the 1 yard line. If we go with four up front including the 2 OLBs, that leaves either an extra DB for coverage or (I hope) an occasional Safety or Corner blitz.Tex I have seen quite a few Niners games this season. He makes catches with mfers all over him. No single defender has been able to bring him down. Sometimes it has taken three! Even then he didn’t go down easy. I say double cover his ass and let Garrapolo have to find the open guy. My feeling is that it will cause the needed TOs.

RashanGary
01-14-2020, 10:17 PM
Kittle is a generational player. Best receiver or TE I've ever seen

Freak Out
01-14-2020, 10:24 PM
Kittle is a generational player. Best receiver or TE I've ever seen

He lasted until the later rounds correct? Best receiver you've ever seen?

MadtownPacker
01-14-2020, 10:56 PM
He lasted until the later rounds correct? Best receiver you've ever seen?He is one of the more ferocious for damn sure.

When did Brady get drafted again?

RashanGary
01-14-2020, 11:02 PM
He lasted until the later rounds correct? Best receiver you've ever seen?

I've never seen a player like him. Agile like a receiver, catches everything and runs like Marshawn Lynch. It's almost super human

call_me_ishmael
01-14-2020, 11:42 PM
I've never seen a player like him. Agile like a receiver, catches everything and runs like Marshawn Lynch. It's almost super human

Gronk?

RashanGary
01-14-2020, 11:57 PM
Gronk?

I think gronk was better at shielding defenders with his body but kittle runs like Lynch so thats very unique

Zool
01-15-2020, 08:53 AM
Antonio Gates?

RashanGary
01-15-2020, 10:07 AM
God damn it, stop questioning my emotional attachment to George kittle. It might not make sense but in my evil, violent soul, that man sings to me

Zool
01-15-2020, 10:45 AM
If Kittle was a Packer, I would be thrilled. As of right now, I hope he tears his ACL in the shower this week.

Fritz
01-15-2020, 10:46 AM
God damn it, stop questioning my emotional attachment to George kittle. It might not make sense but in my evil, violent soul, that man sings to me

You sound like Walt Whitman.

Freak Out
01-15-2020, 10:46 AM
lol

Gotarace
01-15-2020, 12:12 PM
He lasted until the later rounds correct? Best receiver you've ever seen?Drafted in the 5th round...one of the best tight ends I've seen in years..the guy has a lions heart

Fosco33
01-15-2020, 12:23 PM
This almost deserves its own thread. Long video - but very insightful.

Essentially - Pettine’s D is very easy to read (based on personnel group, position, down/distance) and confirmed w/ motion/checks.

If Smith’s don’t get after Jimmy or Petrine doesn’t do something different (delayed blitz, 0, etc) - we’re putting easy options for huge gains out there like we have most of the year (bend don’t break).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3ipNyB5eAiM&feature=youtu.be

Fritz
01-15-2020, 01:54 PM
Amateur that I am, I'd like to see Pettine blitz more. Send a corner or a safety or something, and when Jeanine Garrapolo looks to the area where the corner/safety blitzed from and throws there, the coverage has moved over to that spot and it's an interception or a sack.

Not all the time, but more than he does now. There are moments when you know the pass is coming, and if you don't think it's a screen or your confident in how your team plays the screen, blitz someone. Garrapolo isn't as mobile as Wilson so chances of a sack are better.

RashanGary
01-15-2020, 02:42 PM
Nice find fosco.

Packers have a VERY young back 7. The exotic defenses are usually veteran bunches who can really handle a lot mentally

But... They're talented up front with Clark, Z and P. They're very fast in the back end.

They're good in their own way. And SF is gonna have a fight

run pMc
01-15-2020, 03:21 PM
So...now that there's film with tendencies, Pettine's coverages can be determined pre-snap and beaten. If this youtube guy is right with his stats, Pettine will have to do a better job of disguising them or teams will burn the D.

Smidgeon
01-15-2020, 03:57 PM
Interesting video for sure. Makes it easy enough even for me to understand.

So are these tendencies due to personnel limitations or due to Pettine's system? I remember high praise about Pettine being one of those "smartest defensive mind in the room" kind of guys. If that's true, there's a reason he's doing that. Perhaps not too many offenses who can take advantage of that? If so, I would assume he's got a different plan for the playoffs (hello corner blitz on a two point conversion).

Regardless, it is concerning. I'm very curious if the tendencies continue next year. But this week's game first.

Freak Out
01-15-2020, 04:01 PM
Ya....I don't see him standing pat after what happened last time. He's going to come up with something good...it just has to be executed.

Joemailman
01-15-2020, 07:10 PM
Interesting video for sure. Makes it easy enough even for me to understand.

So are these tendencies due to personnel limitations or due to Pettine's system? I remember high praise about Pettine being one of those "smartest defensive mind in the room" kind of guys. If that's true, there's a reason he's doing that. Perhaps not too many offenses who can take advantage of that? If so, I would assume he's got a different plan for the playoffs (hello corner blitz on a two point conversion).

Regardless, it is concerning. I'm very curious if the tendencies continue next year. But this week's game first.

I remember in Pettine's first PC with Packers he said, "If the other team knows what defense you're in pre-snap, you're in trouble." So it would be surprising to me if predictability is their weakness. Unless of course, lack of quality personnel at certain positions limits his options.

RashanGary
01-15-2020, 07:31 PM
They tend to play more zone on running downs and against rushing QBs. That's similar to an offense passing more on 3rd and 8. It's just situational football

pbmax
01-15-2020, 07:37 PM
There is a point where you have to declare your defense by playing it.

Almost every offense used motion of some type to figure out zone versus man. QB always watches the safeties to see what happens post snap.

There is only so much you can do especially when facing a spread, 4 or 5 wide.

The funny thing is, this guys wants more man coverage, which is the easiest to read and find specific routes to defeat. But you have to have 3 CBs who can stay with it for 3 plus seconds. Not sure Packers young guys survive that long yet.

Mixing in zones is the logical alternative.

pbmax
01-15-2020, 07:43 PM
Lily Zhao @LilySZhao

Aaron Rodgers said he’d hope to see the #49ers again after their loss in Santa Clara.

Said he was calculating things in his head, that if the #Packers could make a run, they could meet San Fran again in their place.

Worked to perfection.

ITS ALL COMING TOGETHER!

RashanGary
01-15-2020, 08:34 PM
Kittle minor ankle soreness
Ford still limited with his ailments
Kwon Alexander in second game back limited

That's not a bad injury report

Two very healthy teams. NFC is gonna have a good, well prepared and healthy representative either way. And a win comes with no asterics either side

George Cumby
01-15-2020, 08:39 PM
And a win comes with no asterics either side

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XuY0CktY-0

RashanGary
01-15-2020, 09:11 PM
From the 49ers game until now the Packers have given up 16 points per game. 49ers have given up 26

RashanGary
01-15-2020, 09:21 PM
The 49ers consistently put up 20-30 points though. It's gonna be a huge test for our defense. That run game is dominant

RashanGary
01-15-2020, 09:25 PM
Kenny Clark, Lancaster and Lowry gonna have their work cut out for them. Z and P gonna be in for a test too.

SF has run the ball well all year. Gotta stop that first to get to 3rd down

RashanGary
01-15-2020, 09:29 PM
You expect to see a lot of 1 TE 2 RB looks

If we go big across the line with

Z Lowry Clark Lancaster P

Maybe you can still get away with one ILB and Tramon

RashanGary
01-15-2020, 09:31 PM
I hate to take Tramon out. Id rather go big up front so the back end has that stability

KYPack
01-15-2020, 10:36 PM
Has "Packer ankle" replaced "Packer Hammy" as the new GBP injury?

Preston Smith, Lazard, and Billy Turner were all listed as limited with ankle miseries in the injury report

MadtownPacker
01-15-2020, 10:38 PM
Local sports news had Davante interview.

Glad they are here today instead of Saturday.

scharpcheddar
01-16-2020, 12:15 AM
From the 49ers game until now the Packers have given up 16 points per game. 49ers have given up 26

Only because of the Saints game. Doesn't say anything

Bretsky
01-16-2020, 12:33 AM
The 49ers consistently put up 20-30 points though. It's gonna be a huge test for our defense. That run game is dominant

If you are a believer that the game is won in the trenches, we are screwed

AROD has to be at his absolute best; and he has to get some rushing yards/first downs........he has to be Russell like with his feet Sunday to give us a shot

texaspackerbacker
01-16-2020, 12:44 AM
Only because of the Saints game. Doesn't say anything

Doing the math, even if you want to omit the Saints game, the Niners gave up 101 points in four games - about 25 per game. The Packers since the Niner game gave up 71 points in 5 games - about 14 per game, not 16 as somebody stated.

scharpcheddar
01-16-2020, 03:23 AM
Doing the math, even if you want to omit the Saints game, the Niners gave up 101 points in four games - about 25 per game. The Packers since the Niner game gave up 71 points in 5 games - about 14 per game, not 16 as somebody stated.

37-8
26-11
= 63-19, in california. Rodgers sucks in california this year.
49ers p.f. 479- p.a. 310
Packers p.f 376- p.a. 313

pbmax
01-16-2020, 08:12 AM
Has "Packer ankle" replaced "Packer Hammy" as the new GBP injury?

Preston Smith, Lazard, and Billy Turner were all listed as limited with ankle miseries in the injury report

I am just going to assume this is Bill Belichick style misinformation and the actual hurt guys will injure an MCL at Sunday breakfast.

mraynrand
01-16-2020, 09:28 AM
Local sports news had Davante interview.

Glad they are here today instead of Saturday.

Yep, gotta acclimate. Breath in the Eucalyptus, eat at Hobees and Su Hong, steal some merch from a pharm along El camino real, take old la honda up to Skyline, bike through Pascadero, defecate and shoot up on the streets of San Fran, play hackysack badminton and rollerblade through golden gate park, run naked through the presidio - the works.

mraynrand
01-16-2020, 09:28 AM
I am just going to assume this is Bill Belichick style misinformation and the actual hurt guys will injure an MCL at Sunday breakfast.

film at 11

Fosco33
01-16-2020, 09:53 AM
Yep, gotta acclimate. Breath in the Eucalyptus, eat at Hobees and Su Hong, steal some merch from a pharm along El camino real, take old la honda up to Skyline, bike through Pascadero, defecate and shoot up on the streets of San Fran, play hackysack badminton and rollerblade through golden gate park, run naked through the presidio - the works.

Ha - nice!

George Cumby
01-16-2020, 10:33 AM

How much time you spend out here?

Anti-Polar Bear
01-16-2020, 11:26 AM
There is a point where you have to declare your defense by playing it.

Almost every offense used motion of some type to figure out zone versus man. QB always watches the safeties to see what happens post snap.

There is only so much you can do especially when facing a spread, 4 or 5 wide.

The funny thing is, this guys wants more man coverage, which is the easiest to read and find specific routes to defeat. But you have to have 3 CBs who can stay with it for 3 plus seconds. Not sure Packers young guys survive that long yet.

Mixing in zones is the logical alternative.

Earlier in the season, Pettine ran a lot of exotic stuff. Even some erotic stuff, too. But despite making some big plays out of those stuff, the D was also giving up too many big plays. Nowadays, Pettine usually run simplistic 4-men rush, Cover 1, Cover 2 and Cover 3. Nothing wrong with running simplistic 4-men rush when you can knock the QB's head off with only 4 rushers. Lovie Smith and Pete Carroll are masters of the 4-men rush shit.

Problem with the Packers is, Martinez sucks in coverage - can't cover anyone mano-a-mano and lack coverage awareness in zone.. Opponents have been exploiting the middle of the field where Martinez roams. Coaches are sometimes stupid. Pettine needs to sub out Martinez on obvious passing downs for another DB.

Speaking of stupid coaches, it's 3rd and 15 and coach instructs his QB to dump the rock off to the HB. Might as well put the punter in at "HB" and direct snap him the rock, max protect and have him punt the fucking rock.

RashanGary
01-16-2020, 11:53 AM
The Packers are a young, top 10 defense in points allowed and theyve improved to a point they might be playing more like top 5 now.

The more veteran secondaries tend to do a better job of mastering several coverage concepts and being able to know the subtleties and checks of all of them, cohesively, as a unit, even when shifts and uncommon route combinations are run.

The Packers are very young with Alexander, King, Savage and Sullivan all playing extensively.

Some young guys can only do 1 or 2 things well. Our guys are mixing coverages fairly well and doing a handful of things well. And getting better.

They have a ways to go. I do expect them to be a top tier defense next year because they'll have experience and continuity to go with their speed and talent.

For now, they're just not on Tennessee's level. But they are in the next tier down with SF

mraynrand
01-16-2020, 12:17 PM
Earlier in the season, Pettine ran a lot of exotic stuff. Even some erotic stuff, too.

You may be confusing him with Sex Ryan

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ta9nufxfs48/hqdefault.jpg

mraynrand
01-16-2020, 12:19 PM

5 years, long ago....

George Cumby
01-16-2020, 12:33 PM
5 years, long ago....

Those were some deeper cuts.

Fritz
01-16-2020, 01:38 PM

Sounds like maybe too long.

As for the game, I am at peace. I think the Niners are simply better, especially in terms of the defensive line and the tight end position, and are the equal, at least, in terms of offensive line. SF is a strong, tough, fast team. I think it'll just be too much, again, for the Packers.

So I'm okay if they lose - unless, of course, it's a re-run of that damn 2014 NFC Championship game, and the Packers come in, play tougher than nails, and build a lead, only to peter out at the end. Then I'll be mad for what might have been, what could have been. But if SF just grinds them down, as I think they will, I won't be upset. It's been a hell of a season. I thought they'd go 6- 10, maybe 8 - 8 at best. So how pleasantly surprised have I been!

Smidgeon
01-16-2020, 02:30 PM
Sounds like maybe too long.

As for the game, I am at peace. I think the Niners are simply better, especially in terms of the defensive line and the tight end position, and are the equal, at least, in terms of offensive line. SF is a strong, tough, fast team. I think it'll just be too much, again, for the Packers.

So I'm okay if they lose - unless, of course, it's a re-run of that damn 2014 NFC Championship game, and the Packers come in, play tougher than nails, and build a lead, only to peter out at the end. Then I'll be mad for what might have been, what could have been. But if SF just grinds them down, as I think they will, I won't be upset. It's been a hell of a season. I thought they'd go 6- 10, maybe 8 - 8 at best. So how pleasantly surprised have I been!

Spot on. I think the 9ers are a better team (as much as I absolutely hate to admit it...the fans here are insufferably bandwagoners). But if the Pack comes to play, puts on a dominating performance, then gives it up, I won't be okay anymore.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-16-2020, 02:37 PM
Spot on. I think the 9ers are a better team (as much as I absolutely hate to admit it...the fans here are insufferably bandwagoners). But if the Pack comes to play, puts on a dominating performance, then gives it up, I won't be okay anymore.

Yeah, you both are correct, 49ers are the better team. But unless the Packers win, and no matter how they do it, pretty or ugly, I am going to be very upset. The packers don't get any points for doing better than I expected, nor points for being underdogs for this game. I guess I look at it as somebody who probably won't live to see many more super bowl shots.

Fosco33
01-16-2020, 03:02 PM
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/platform/amp/by-the-numbers/2020/1/16/21068084/49ers-losses-reveal-ways-aaron-rodgers-can-attack-while-avoiding-richard-sherman

Essentially - stay away from Sherman/right side..:

pbmax
01-16-2020, 03:05 PM
If you are a believer that the game is won in the trenches, we are screwed

Buncha surrender monkeys here (also those conceding a talent deficiency).

Andrew Perloff
"Za'Darius Smith is the most disruptive player in the League right now." - Shaun O'Hara argues Packers D-line is right there with 49ers' line on @dpshow

Peter Bukowski
Packers posted a (significantly) better pressure rate this season than the 49ers and have two top-10 EDGE players by Pass Rush Win Rate.

SF has 0.

SF HAS A BETTER TE. SO WHAT. BUCKLE UP YOUR DEPENDS.

Also, Aaron Rodgers is done as a top talent.

scharpcheddar
01-16-2020, 04:10 PM
37-8
26-11
= 63-19, in california. Rodgers sucks in california this year.
49ers p.f. 479- p.a. 310
Packers p.f 376- p.a. 313

RashanGary
01-16-2020, 04:38 PM

Andrew Perloff
"Za'Darius Smith is the most disruptive player in the League right now." - Shaun O'Hara argues Packers D-line is right there with 49ers' line on @dpshow

Peter Bukowski
Packers posted a (significantly) better pressure rate this season than the 49ers and have two top-10 EDGE players by Pass Rush Win Rate.

SF has 0.

Well said, sir!

I'm fired up for this one!

And I vow not to have a meltdown like I did for the chargers game in the game thread. Not my proudest moment at packerrats by any stretch

RashanGary
01-16-2020, 04:42 PM
49ers in for a fight!

Clark/Z/P just as good as they are
Our secondary is.... Better.
Their linebackers are better

Let us not forget our D was young and new. We just started playing championship football the last month or two! The numbers do lie when looking at the whole season. All that matters is NOW! And now we're peaking

Our QB is significantly better. Our OL is equal. We have far and away the best WR and RB.

RashanGary
01-16-2020, 04:45 PM
Not only did we have a young defense with a ton of new pieces that just started clicking.

We have a brand spanking new offense that just started clicking too. The QB finally looks completely comfortable and the identity has finally solidified

AR, Davante, Aaron Jones and that veteran, healthy OL gonna come to muscle up and play fast, aggressive offense!!

scharpcheddar
01-16-2020, 04:49 PM
49ers in for a fight!

Let us not forget our D was young and new. We just started playing championship football the last month or two! The numbers do lie when looking at the whole season. All that matters is NOW! And now we're peaking

Our QB is significantly better. Our OL is equal. We have far and away the best WR and RB.

Best WR and RB? How the hell do you figure that?
SF has multiple RBs and WRs.
Deebo and Kittle are better than anything GB has.

Bosa got some kind of rookie award, didn't he?
Jimmy G is 21-5..but he sucks?

GB has absolutely nothing to rival any of this. Nothing.
8 points vs this team. Vs a coach that is better storyline because he wants to make up for the Falcons/Pats SB comeback.

Fosco33
01-16-2020, 04:58 PM

Andrew Perloff

Peter Bukowski

SF has 0.

I’m taking Pack straight up. Homer runs deep!

texaspackerbacker
01-16-2020, 06:59 PM
49ers in for a fight!

Good Post, but not totally accurate. As good as Clark and the Smiths are, their D Line probably is a little bit better, mainly because of the other two spots where we have weak links.

Also, I doubt our O Line is equal to theirs - not unless theirs also is in the bottom third quality-wise.

It's sort of redundant to say our LBs are better when you already included the Smiths with the D Line. Having Martinez, however, makes us equal or close.

Our DBs are better ..... better than what? better than last year? probably; better than the Niners secondary? doubtful. Ours can't cover adequately without an extreme pass rush. Theirs? Have they even been tested without an extreme pass rush?

Hell yeah, our QB is significantly better. We do have the single best WR and easily the best RB, and our second RB ain't bad either. However, Kittle is better than any TE we have by a big enough margin to cancel out Davante and Aaron Jones.

You're right about your conclusion, though. Even on their home field, we won't be near as bad as last time and likely, they won't be near as good.

The key to the game is our O Line at least not being horrible - again. If they give Aaron Jones even a little bit of room to run, and if they just don't let the pass rush be so extreme that Aaron Rodgers gets penned in like last time, then we will score a fair amount of points, and our D absolutely isn't gonna give them 37 again - provided Pettine learned his lesson about sagging back and not throwing a massive pass rush at them. If we see both Northwestern porkers on the field together more than a small handful of times, it's a very bad sign.

Bretsky
01-16-2020, 07:15 PM
49ers in for a fight!

I celebrate this season as one of overachieving. Sunday is a bonus and I'm going to enjoy it. Maybe AROD has a great game and carries us further. But I'm not going to sugarcoat the matchups

The 49ers have a better DL and LB's and a better defense. I do think our secondary is a little better.

The 49ers have a better OL and a better receiving group when you take into account the WR's and TE's.

GB's QB is way way better. We have the best RB but they have a good group. Statistically San Fran is the better offense.

That doesn't mean we can't pull a game , or two, out of our asses though. We've overachieved and kudos fo the coaching staff for getting us this far.

Why not two more ??

QBME
01-16-2020, 07:30 PM
Smith Brothers get up in pretty boy Jimmy's grill all day.
O'Line is respectable.
A Rod has truly proven he has retracted his cranium from his rectum.
We've got a chance.

Patler
01-16-2020, 08:14 PM
I don't know, I have a very simplistic way of looking at teams after the season is done. All have played good teams and bad. All have dealt with injuries, some more than others. Many criticize GB for the "quality" of their wins, arguing they are a "bad" 13-3 team. Hogwash. Playoff games tend to be close. In a close game, I like a team that knows how to win in the last half of the 4th quarter more than a team that has coasted to many of their wins.

As for defenses, yards don't matter, QB rating doesn't matter.
The "great" 49er defense gave up 310 points during the season.
The "suspect, inconsistent" Packer defense gave up 313.

I am more concerned about the effectiveness of the Packer offense than I am about the stinginess of the 49er defense. I have hope because the offense, especially Rodgers and Graham, have seemed to find a bit of renewed life in recent weeks; Jones has held up for the season and Adams seems to have recovered enough to be himself.

Should be a good game. I won't be surprised if GB wins. I won't be surprised if GB losses.

George Cumby
01-16-2020, 09:08 PM
^ OG Post.

pbmax
01-16-2020, 10:23 PM
Let’s GO!

Hype video:
https://twitter.com/the_neebles/status/1217893387099082757?s=21

pbmax
01-17-2020, 09:10 AM
Zach Kruse @zachkruse2
Very interested in how this little slice of “analytics” ages on Sunday:

Per ESPN, #Packers had a higher Pass Rush Win Rate (47%-45%) and a much higher Pass Block Win Rate (72%-55%) then the #49ers in 2019.

RashanGary
01-17-2020, 10:04 AM
Zach Kruse @zachkruse2
Very interested in how this little slice of “analytics” ages on Sunday:

Per ESPN, #Packers had a higher Pass Rush Win Rate (47%-45%) and a much higher Pass Block Win Rate (72%-55%) then the #49ers in 2019.

Packers were healthier

RashanGary
01-17-2020, 10:16 AM
Prime zadarius > rookie bosa
Preston > armstead
Clark > Ford

So yeah, our pass rush is better even if the numbers are a tad skewed

Warner and Kwon Alexander
Better than
Martinez, Campbell and Goodson

Secondaries about equal.

Sherman is the best players but Alexander, tramon and King are better than Witherspoon or whoever they trot out.

In their prime Tart and Ward slightly better than Savage and Amos right now

mraynrand
01-17-2020, 12:33 PM
Sherman is the best players

If Sherman is really that good, and he stays on one side, then you line up the sloth across form him and play 10 on 10. If he follows Adams, then you run him all over the field with motion and pick the hell out of him. Wear him out and beat him up.

bobblehead
01-17-2020, 01:06 PM
Our OL and TEs need to come out angry. Just come in with the attitude to dominate the smaller guys in front of them. Make them wrestle and fight for 60 minutes . Let our big vets wear them down

I hear the flower is pulling anfat Mike and preparing for a physical game by practicing in shorts with no contact....nice!

Anti-Polar Bear
01-17-2020, 01:37 PM
If Sherman is really that good, and he stays on one side, then you line up the sloth across form him and play 10 on 10. If he follows Adams, then you run him all over the field with motion and pick the hell out of him. Wear him out and beat him up.

That’s actually a good plan, although I’d rather put Kum or MVS there, with Sloth on the bench. Sherman is still good, but he’s now a Pistol Force corner, not the shutdown corner he was in his LOB days.

call_me_ishmael
01-17-2020, 04:30 PM
Preston > armstead
Clark > Ford

Better than

Secondaries about equal.

Sherman is the best players but Alexander, tramon and King are better than Witherspoon or whoever they trot out.

That ain’t it bruh.

pbmax
01-17-2020, 04:30 PM
Aaron Nagler
@AaronNagler
·
40m
Danny Vitale is Questionable. That's it. That's the Packers injury report.

run pMc
01-17-2020, 05:20 PM
Preston > armstead
Clark > Ford

Better than

Secondaries about equal.

You forgot about DeForest Buckner. Fred Warner is considered one of the top ILBs. Alexander isn't bad.
Basically SF has the top rated pass defense. Sherman is still good and they can pressure with just their front 4. They have a high ranked run offense, and they have two good WR (Sanders & Samuel) and Kittle. And they are playing at home. They are rightfully the favorites in this game.

I'm with patler -- "I won't be surprised if GB wins. I won't be surprised if GB losses." If Rodgers and the defense bring their A games and keep it close they can pull an upset. I think their chances are low, however.

Also -- I agree with the "bad" 13-3 narrative being hogwash. It's lazy and untrue. This team has certainly exceeded expectations, and had some very good luck.
You can say a lot things about them but you can't say they are bad.

MadtownPacker
01-17-2020, 07:27 PM
Fuck Sherman. I hope the homeboy Davante puts his sweet moves on and leaves him with broken ankles.

RashanGary
01-17-2020, 08:29 PM
I'm fired up for this one. I watched SFs first 10 games before my boycott. I think they lost 3 of the last 7 or something like that.

Good OL. Good pass defense. I think they can be run on and I think their secondary can be worked a little.

Stop the run on a couple first and second downs and Jimmy G can he had too. They don't have an offense or defense that can impose it's will. To me, they're a bit of a fraud.

Kittle is their only true great player

GO PACK GO!!!!

RashanGary
01-17-2020, 08:30 PM
And Kylie Shinnanigan likes to get too cute at times. Hope we shove his finess cutness down his throat

George Cumby
01-17-2020, 09:48 PM
Our OL is better than Minnies.

Our QB is better than Minnies.

Davante is in his prime, Sherman is great but past his prime.

SF isn’t going to find this easy sledding.

RashanGary
01-17-2020, 10:02 PM
Our OL is better than Minnies.

Our QB is better than Minnies.

Davante is in his prime, Sherman is great but past his prime.

SF isn’t going to find this easy sledding.

And honestly, zadarius and Preston and Clark are better pass rushers than their guys.

This whole thing is getting blown way out of proportion how great they are.

Our young defense took the season to really get consistent and so did the first year offense. The Packers are way better than their cumulative season stats suggest because they've trended up the whole way.

And here we sit, healthy and peaking. A very special set of circumstances all fell into place with those lucky early wins, the health and where the bye weeks fell. Its been just perfect

RashanGary
01-17-2020, 10:06 PM
And nobody looks phased. Lafleur and Rodgers don't even look like they're tired. Both guys are just calm, no bags under their eyes, focused, energized.

Kylie looks tired as hell, big bags under his eyes, warn out.

I can't wait for Sunday!

MadtownPacker
01-17-2020, 11:13 PM
Man straight up homer talk. A Packer might have to die on the next field to get this. Would still be worth it.

Vincenzo
01-17-2020, 11:26 PM
Man straight up homer talk. A Packer might have to die on the next field to get this. Would still be worth it.
How about we get the win anyways, no one has to die for it.
Sheesh, you superstitious or what.

scharpcheddar
01-18-2020, 01:03 AM

If you only knew.....

RashanGary
01-18-2020, 06:31 AM

It's colorful language. Relax vinncerino!

George Cumby
01-18-2020, 08:30 AM
If you only knew.....

pbmax
01-18-2020, 08:48 AM
Fuck Sherman. I hope the homeboy Davante puts his sweet moves on and leaves him with broken ankles.

I have never celebrated a single pass completion (that wasn't a TD) more than Jordy turning around Revis when he was with the Patriots and getting about 30 yards on him.

Despite the fact that I had nothing to do with it, made me very proud. :lol:

pbmax
01-18-2020, 08:49 AM

Ah, I see.

pbmax
01-18-2020, 09:06 AM
This is for red and anyone else who wants Rodgers to take some more chances and fewer sacks.

Football Perspective @fbgchase
Only a handful of offenses - Tampa Bay, of course, but also the Steelers, Rams, Browns, and Chargers - were more harmed by interceptions than sacks. Most offenses were set back because they took too many sacks relative to INTs - in particular, GB, SEA, JAC, TEN, WAS, NYG, PHI.

Expected points are the points you would expect for all teams given their field position. You can calculate expected points added by taking a play and subtracting the previous spot for the ADDED value.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EOkd1ZuWsAEBJxp?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

mraynrand
01-18-2020, 09:46 AM
If it’s a direct trade off in negative EPA, then who cares if they gets sacks as opposed to INTs? What’s the Average EPA loss per sack versus INT? What is it for the Packers? Does one INT equal 2 sacks, 5 sacks, ???

George Cumby
01-18-2020, 09:47 AM
So that's good?

mraynrand
01-18-2020, 09:47 AM
So that's good?

I’m very negative about the EPA

MadtownPacker
01-18-2020, 10:05 AM
Sheesh, you superstitious or what.Where the fuck did I say anything about superstition? Saying win at all cost.

They get paid enough that if we lose one it is worth it. We all face occupational hazards, why is a football player any better.

https://media.giphy.com/media/uvfEYoOq7HPAA/giphy.gif

MadtownPacker
01-18-2020, 10:08 AM
It's colorful language. Relax vinncerino!
https://media1.tenor.com/images/99762a0f98ca670ad58624edc3233b07/tenor.gif

MadtownPacker
01-18-2020, 10:09 AM
I have never celebrated a single pass completion (that wasn't a TD) more than Jordy turning around Revis when he was with the Patriots and getting about 30 yards on him.

Despite the fact that I had nothing to do with it, made me very proud. :lol:Yeah that was boner level good.

pbmax
01-18-2020, 10:51 AM
If it’s a direct trade off in negative EPA, then who cares if they gets sacks as opposed to INTs? What’s the Average EPA loss per sack versus INT? What is it for the Packers? Does one INT equal 2 sacks, 5 sacks, ???

The bonus is that the INT is a risk of throwing before a sack, but not the only possible outcome. If you traded INTs for sacks directly, you wouldn't improve much, if at all. I do not know the direct EPA for each event.

There is the chance of completing the ball on some additional, riskier throws. Depending on the rate of success, you lose less EPA with fewer sacks, gain some EPA with some completions minus the increase in INT.

For any single team, this is obviously dependent on talent and execution to work. You have to complete more throws to get the edge.

pbmax
01-18-2020, 11:00 AM
This guy has a thread with all of Rodgers nuts throws: https://twitter.com/DustyEvely/status/1016507974595108864

My favorite is this old gem.

https://media.giphy.com/media/UqN95fED7qlrhXtZIS/giphy.gif

George Cumby
01-18-2020, 11:14 AM
He was a Magician in his prime.

esoxx
01-18-2020, 11:21 AM
I’m very negative about the EPA

Take it to FYI

Vincenzo
01-18-2020, 11:25 AM
This guy has a thread with all of Rodgers nuts throws: https://twitter.com/DustyEvely/status/1016507974595108864

My favorite is this old gem.

https://media.giphy.com/media/UqN95fED7qlrhXtZIS/giphy.gif
That play is unreal! Bart Starr like, perfect pass.

Fritz
01-18-2020, 01:49 PM
Yeah that was boner level good.

For me, the wind blowing is boner-level good.

scharpcheddar
01-18-2020, 05:31 PM
33-21 Niners , is my initial guess

George Cumby
01-18-2020, 05:47 PM

RashanGary
01-18-2020, 05:49 PM

Hours till the game.

Fritz
01-18-2020, 05:54 PM

Wait, you have to guess? I thought you knew? Or does the NFL only reveal the winner to those intelligent enough to see, but not the score?

RashanGary
01-18-2020, 05:55 PM
Most pumped I've been about a game in a really long time. I think we're gonna want to run the ball on offense and stop it on defenese.

That, the turnover battle and some magic from 12.

Fritz
01-18-2020, 06:10 PM
I don't think they're necessarily going to want to "stop [the ball] on defense." That's some crazy shit you're sayin' there, dude.

RashanGary
01-18-2020, 06:15 PM
I don't think they're necessarily going to want to "stop [the ball] on defense." That's some crazy shit you're sayin' there, dude.

Its a running team that can be run on is what I'm saying . Get ours. Stop theirs. Win the turnover battle and get some magic from 12.

Yeah, it's not complicated, but sometimes it's not. This is gonna be a physical grudge match not a finess game

Fritz
01-18-2020, 06:28 PM
Oh no. It's going to be about who's the prettiest and fluffiest. Who can be more subtle?

scharpcheddar
01-18-2020, 06:41 PM

Hours till the game.

Nope. 27 applies to the SB

Guiness
01-18-2020, 07:24 PM
The way Veldeerr played last week, I'd like to see them design a couple of plays for him. Anyone for a revival of the U-71?

pbmax
01-18-2020, 07:26 PM
Right on schedule.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk
Packers activate S Raven Greene, a Week One starter, from IR

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/18/packers-activate-safety-raven-greene-from-ir/

RashanGary
01-18-2020, 07:28 PM
The way Veldeerr played last week, I'd like to see them design a couple of plays for him. Anyone for a revival of the U-71?

I was thinking same thing. Vehldeer and Mercedes would make for an impressive run blocking unit. And a nice max protect for long bombs too

RashanGary
01-18-2020, 07:29 PM
If they match wrong, you can split Jones out and make it 3 wide with a big experienced max protect group and Mercedes as an outlet if no one comes

Guiness
01-18-2020, 07:33 PM
I was thinking same thing. Vehldeer and Mercedes would make for an impressive run blocking unit. And a nice max protect for long bombs too

His assignment could also be to line up across from Bosa and punch him in the nose at the snap of the ball!

scharpcheddar
01-18-2020, 08:14 PM
Right on schedule.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk
Packers activate S Raven Greene, a Week One starter, from IR

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/18/packers-activate-safety-raven-greene-from-ir/

Lol if thats his name, that's a fucking bad sign

esoxx
01-18-2020, 08:16 PM

scharpcheddar
01-18-2020, 08:19 PM
The punter has the flu and the Pack activated a guy named Raven. Ravens had flu before their loss.
I suspect Wishnowsky will do something good.

Joemailman
01-18-2020, 08:43 PM
America Loves The Packers!

https://scontent-msp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/82264169_2926533957391872_4658383256511578112_o.jp g?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ohc=haU3QxUPJ_oAX841bYN&_nc_ht=scontent-msp1-1.xx&oh=111683be4acbf8f48b7f1de0823b7061&oe=5E9FD512

HowardRoark
01-18-2020, 09:05 PM
The punter has the flu and the Pack activated a guy named Raven. Ravens had flu before their loss.
I suspect Wishnowsky will do something good.

You have a Beautiful Mind.

RashanGary
01-18-2020, 09:10 PM
You have a Beautiful Mind.

:lol:

RashanGary
01-18-2020, 09:11 PM
I think cheddar is either tank or Harlan hucklebee

Or a total loser

Anti-Polar Bear
01-18-2020, 09:43 PM

Or a total loser

I’m a burger-flipping loser, but ain’t me.

Check out his posts in the jukebox thread. The only so-called classic I like is Lennon & the Plastic Ono Band. And Wu-Tang Clan.

I also like Coldplay, the Verve, Snow Patrol, Keane, OneRepublic, Lifehouse, OneDirection and N’Sync.

George Cumby
01-18-2020, 10:25 PM

Or a total loser

ooooohhhh....

I like Harlan as a suspect.

mraynrand
01-19-2020, 12:10 AM

Not a bad thought. Vehldeerintheheadlights has been good, but save him for the backup. Sternberger has been blocking very well and could sneak out for a pass or too. Maybe even “set a pick” on a crossing route for Da’van’tee. Or fake it and go deep for the surprise of the game. Lot of options with that guy. Suspect Flower Power has been setting this up for weeks.

MadtownPacker
01-19-2020, 12:20 AM

Or a total loserYou need to know the truth. Have a seat first.

All of us are you. I’m your Mexican personality. TPB is your old guy with young wife. Partial the geek. PBMax the senior on Twitter. Zool the hip millennial. Tank the living with mom slacker. The list goes on and on. You have been posting and replying to the other you(s) for over a decade.

I hope you are ok. Now I’m going to go back to loco white boy from Green Bay, aka our RashanGary persona.

mraynrand
01-19-2020, 12:57 AM
I always like that episode of Packerrats where all the split personalities finally meet one another.

RashanGary
01-19-2020, 01:10 AM
You need to know the truth. Have a seat first.

All of us are you. I’m your Mexican personality. TPB is your old guy with young wife. Partial the geek. PBMax the senior on Twitter. Zool the hip millennial. Tank the living with mom slacker. The list goes on and on. You have been posting and replying to the other you(s) for over a decade.

I hope you are ok. Now I’m going to go back to loco white boy from Green Bay, aka our RashanGary persona.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bobblehead
01-19-2020, 07:02 AM
He was a Magician in his prime.

I'm confused. In said analogy is Rogers in his prime, or is the magician in his prime...or wait...was Rogers the actual magician so both are in their prime.

RashanGary
01-19-2020, 07:43 AM
Rodgers gonna sell out his body and have a vintage performance today.

Defense gonna stop the run in enough spurts to force a couple of punts.

Alexander, King, Savage, Amos, Martinez, Tramon AND the role players (Campbell, Goodson and Sullivan) have all played together healthy for the last 8 weeks. They've developed cohesion and will be ready to bracket Kittle AND take the right chances at the right times when the help is there.

Our OL is healthy. The tape shows the 49ers defense getting beat to the tune of 27 ppg the last 5 weeks and losing 3 games in the last half of the season. The blueprint to beat the 9ers has been drawn up and we have the horses up front to slow their greatest strength.

30-23 Packers. Convincing victory

Joemailman
01-19-2020, 07:55 AM
Didn't see 49ers/Vikings game. But guys on PFT were saying Garoppolo, who had 1 INT, was lucky he didn't have maybe 3 more. Get pressure on him and he might cough it up. Team that does the better job of protecting their QB will have the advantage today.

RashanGary
01-19-2020, 08:04 AM
Didn't see 49ers/Vikings game. But guys on PFT were saying Garoppolo, who had 1 INT, was lucky he didn't have maybe 3 more. Get pressure on him and he might cough it up. Team that does the better job of protecting their QB will have the advantage today.

For sure. Vikings looked warn out. Same as when they played us. They have a BAD run defense and ours has locked down and become a good one as the year went on and cohesion developed.

Jimmy G has a quick triggger. He's not gonna change 17 games of identity in 8 days since Minnesota. Turnovers are very possible and the 49ers just grinding our big, healthy 5 man front down like that tired, undersized viking 4 man front, I don't see it.

Packers about to make some noise

pbmax
01-19-2020, 09:14 AM
Not a bad thought. Vehldeerintheheadlights has been good, but save him for the backup. Sternberger has been blocking very well and could sneak out for a pass or too. Maybe even “set a pick” on a crossing route for Da’van’tee. Or fake it and go deep for the surprise of the game. Lot of options with that guy. Suspect Flower Power has been setting this up for weeks.

My new, Kool Aid induced theory, is that they tanked the first game on purpose after the fumble and score.

:tup:

pbmax
01-19-2020, 09:17 AM

On a board with people who attended or watched the Ice Bowl, being labeled senior seems like actionable libel.

pbmax
01-19-2020, 09:22 AM
Absent a Packer incentive (playoff seeding, division standing) I might possibly root for the Vikings in a few scenarios.

Versus Cowboys, Steelers, Broncos, 49ers. Maybe the Bears under the right circumstances (roller dome comments).

Somewhere in this world, is a clip from Chicago news, of Ditka in roller skates putting the knife in a little deeper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjDEHZYHBxo

Patler
01-19-2020, 09:28 AM
On a board with people who attended or watched the Ice Bowl, being labeled senior seems like actionable libel.

The Ice Bowl? Heck, how about Lombardi's first season? :-)

George Cumby
01-19-2020, 09:43 AM
I'm confused. In said analogy is Rogers in his prime, or is the magician in his prime...or wait...was Rogers the actual magician so both are in their prime.

MadtownPacker
01-19-2020, 09:45 AM
On a board with people who attended or watched the Ice Bowl, being labeled senior seems like actionable libel.CORRECTION - PBMax the midlife crisis guy who can’t afford a corvette so he spends all day on Twitter.

pbmax
01-19-2020, 09:49 AM
CORRECTION - PBMax the midlife crisis guy who can’t afford a corvette so he spends all day on Twitter.

Well now this is getting personal.

I like my Camry!

mraynrand
01-19-2020, 10:55 AM
My new, Kool Aid induced theory, is that they tanked the first game on purpose after the fumble and score.

:tup:

Plans within plans within plans.

mraynrand
01-19-2020, 10:56 AM
Well now this is getting personal.

I like my Camry!

Better than Madtown’s Festiva.

MadtownPacker
01-19-2020, 11:11 AM
Better than Madtown’s Festiva.Only dumb rednecks buy Fords now. All three of my rides are Toyotas but two were assembled by rednecks in Lexington, Kentucky! :lol:

Zool
01-19-2020, 11:14 AM

Did we just slip into Being John Malkovich?

MadtownPacker
01-19-2020, 11:23 AM
Did we just slip into Being John Malkovich?This would actually be like Identity which also starred John Cusack.

George Cumby
01-19-2020, 11:23 AM
Did we just slip into Being John Malkovich?

Identity

Packers4Glory
01-19-2020, 11:24 AM
I have a hard time imagining this team playing 4 qt of good football on offense needed to win. Haven’t done it all year and on the road

With a team that runs the ball like SF it will be tough to stop that & get a pass rush. Only chance is if we get multiple TO’s & have none. Aaron can’t be great for a few plays. He has to be great the whole game.

Zool
01-19-2020, 11:27 AM
This would actually be like Identity which also starred John Cusack.

Ahh right! I was hoping we found the 7 1/2 floor.

MadtownPacker
01-19-2020, 11:38 AM
I have a hard time imagining this team playing 4 qt of good football on offense needed to win. Haven’t done it all year and on the road

With a team that runs the ball like SF it will be tough to stop that & get a pass rush. Only chance is if we get multiple TO’s & have none. Aaron can’t be great for a few plays. He has to be great the whole game.Whats up stranger!

Anti-Polar Bear
01-19-2020, 11:41 AM
Only dumb rednecks buy Fords now. All three of my rides are Toyotas but two were assembled by rednecks in Lexington, Kentucky! :lol:

If pigs like Rand ever hires me to cook their books for the LIVABLE minimum wage of $50,000/yr, Imma get myself a brand new Soviet red Prius. Envy is a sin, but I've always wanted a Prius since I saw Brian Griffin drive one.

Packers 72
69ers 0

Power to the Packers!

MadtownPacker
01-19-2020, 11:44 AM
Hate to all Prius drivers.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-19-2020, 11:51 AM
If pigs like Rand ever hires me to cook their books for the LIVABLE minimum wage of $50,000/yr, Imma get myself a brand new Soviet red Prius. Envy is a sin, but I've always wanted a Prius since I saw Brian Griffin drive one.

Packers 72
69ers 0

Power to the Packers!

Shit, i thought this was the GameDay thread.

Btw, I currently drive a Corolla. Can't afford a brand new Prius making the Federal minimum-wage. Doesn't matter anymore. Hip surgery is gonna bankrupt me. Thanks, capitalism.

wist43
01-19-2020, 11:59 AM
Shit, i thought this was the GameDay thread.

Btw, I currently drive a Corolla. Can't afford a brand new Prius making the Federal minimum-wage. Doesn't matter anymore. Hip surgery is gonna bankrupt me. Thanks, capitalism.

I'm having a full hip replacement surgery on March 3rd... strangely, it's not going to bankrupt me.

Thanks capitalism ;)

wist43
01-19-2020, 12:01 PM

I agree... worst fucking drivers on the road. I always keep an eye on them when I'm around them. They're dangerous.

Packers4Glory
01-19-2020, 12:02 PM
My old boss drove a prius. ** political comment removed by admin** Another reason I’d hate to lose to SF. I think all their fans drive a prius

wist43
01-19-2020, 12:02 PM
Sadly,

Niners 40
Pack 17

:(

Packers4Glory
01-19-2020, 12:03 PM
Oh we need cocky Aaron today in the worst way. He one was a prius driver

Anti-Polar Bear
01-19-2020, 12:04 PM

Ever tried cutting a Prius driver off on the road? Redneck F-150 drivers chase after you, drive you off the road and then gun you down. Sophisticated Prius drivers simply let you pass in peace while holding up the two fingers peace sign as you pass.

Packers4Glory
01-19-2020, 12:12 PM
Whats up stranger!

https://media2.giphy.com/media/7uVkPx5icEjE4/giphy.gif

Fosco33
01-19-2020, 12:15 PM
Ever tried cutting a Prius driver off on the road? Redneck F-150 drivers chase after you, drive you off the road and then gun you down. Sophisticated Prius drivers simply let you pass in peace while holding up the two fingers peace sign as you pass.

It’s how slow and smug Prius drivers are. It’s better to drive and old car to the dust than a new hybrid. Until electricity comes from green sources - electric vehicles are marginally better.

The f150 would just roll over the Prius. :-)

Anti-Polar Bear
01-19-2020, 12:20 PM
** edited by MTP who is losing patience.

APB - I have given you more chances than anyone when it comes to this. I can’t even talk shit about a Prius without you doing exactly what YOU fucking said you would NOT do!

Last warning man, please don’t make me do it because you belong here. Just be fair is all.**

RashanGary
01-19-2020, 12:23 PM

I've never wanted to drive a Prius off the road more than I do now

George Cumby
01-19-2020, 12:27 PM
My Ram identifies as a Prius.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-19-2020, 12:27 PM
My old boss drove a prius. Stupid liberal snowflake. Another reason I’d hate to lose to SF. I think all their fans drive a prius

Not all of them. Balding Eagles fans beat up Santa. 49ers fan beat up Santa's mom. Mad can attest.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-19-2020, 12:33 PM
It’s how slow and smug Prius drivers are. It’s better to drive and old car to the dust than a new hybrid. Until electricity comes from green sources - electric vehicles are marginally better.

The f150 would just roll over the Prius. :-)

I test drove a new Prius once. Loved it. Not surprisingly, the salesman stopped trying to sell me the car after I told him about society forcing me to flip burgers for the minimum-wage.

MadtownPacker
01-19-2020, 12:38 PM
Making me wasted my time cleaning up after you isn’t smart Tank.

Gotarace
01-19-2020, 12:41 PM
I test drove a new Prius once. Loved it. Not surprisingly, the salesman stopped trying to sell me the car after I told him about society is forcing me to flip burgers for the minimum-wage.
He didn't try setting you up with a payment plan that in the end would have cost you 4 hip surgeries? That's just wrong...smart but wrong.

esoxx
01-19-2020, 12:41 PM
I've never wanted to drive a Prius off the road more than I do now

Go ahead and do it. Still plenty of time before the game starts :lol:

MadtownPacker
01-19-2020, 12:42 PM

APB - I have given you more chances than anyone when it comes to this. I can’t even talk shit about a Prius without you doing exactly what YOU fucking said you would NOT do!

Last warning man, please don’t make me do it because you belong here. Just be fair is all.**

I think i will only need arthroscopic hip surgery to fix an enlarged bone in the hip. But unfortunately for me, my capitalist-backed insurance sucks, despite myself paying $60/mth for the shit.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-19-2020, 12:44 PM

Word.

I will be hanging out a tons in FYI soon anyway, as soon as the season ends. Hopefully not tonight. :)

Freak Out
01-19-2020, 12:48 PM
Is the Raven going to play today?

MadtownPacker
01-19-2020, 12:51 PM
Save the WORD shit and just do it mfer!

Anti-Polar Bear
01-19-2020, 12:56 PM
He didn't try setting you up with a payment plan that in the end would have cost you 4 hip surgeries? That's just wrong...smart but wrong.

Like a Lannister, I always pay my debts. I hate debts. Only use debit cards, b/c i hate debts.

Problem was, my idiot brother had been using my personal info to open credit card accounts in my name. He had no intention of paying back the credits. Flat out denied the fraud even after a cop showed him vid of him at an ATM withdrawing cash with a fraudulent card.

Got my credit rating fucked up. Dealership wasn't too enthusiastic after seeing the history. Was too busy (and a bit lazy) working 2 fucking jobs to deal with it.

pbmax
01-19-2020, 01:25 PM
My old boss drove a prius. ** political comment removed by admin** Another reason I’d hate to lose to SF. I think all their fans drive a prius

It’s Santa Clara, not San Francisco now.

pbmax
01-19-2020, 01:27 PM
My Ram identifies as a Prius.

Get off the sheep George.

pbmax
01-19-2020, 01:29 PM
Is the Raven going to play today?

You’d have to think so for going to the trouble of putting him on the roster. However, they might simply have run out of the exemption time too.

They like him. Just no idea what football shape he is in.

wist43
01-19-2020, 04:45 PM

The F-150 driver is a man. The Prius driver is a pussy.

Personally, I'd like to begin ... edited by admin

pbmax: Two folks from my business drive Prius-es for work to save on the cost of gas. You can find another site to envision harm to them.

mraynrand
01-19-2020, 04:49 PM

What do you guys think? 50 bitcoins? (I haven idea their value).

You know, if you're just one person doing some high mileage commuting/business travel, a Prius is a pretty good idea.

Fritz
01-19-2020, 04:52 PM
What the hell. Biggest game of the year, and you're all nattering on about Fords and Priuses?

This does not bode well.

mraynrand
01-19-2020, 04:53 PM
What the hell. Biggest game of the year, and you're all nattering on about Fords and Priuses?

This does not bode well.

It's just nerves

rdanomly
01-19-2020, 04:54 PM

Not since 2016. Model 3s now.

Packers4Glory
01-19-2020, 05:03 PM

That’s why i have 2. One is a work f150. The other a prius eating big 6.2L of the dinosaur variety

pbmax
01-19-2020, 05:17 PM
nm

wist43
01-19-2020, 10:55 PM

pbmax: Two folks from my business drive Prius-es for work to save on the cost of gas. You can find another site to envision harm to them.

Fuck you max... how's that for an edit??

pbmax
01-19-2020, 10:58 PM
Fuck you max... how's that for an edit??

If that had been the original message, it would have been fine.

woodbuck27
01-19-2020, 10:58 PM
Like a Lannister, I always pay my debts. I hate debts. Only use debit cards, b/c i hate debts.

Problem was, my idiot brother had been using my personal info to open credit card accounts in my name. He had no intention of paying back the credits. Flat out denied the fraud even after a cop showed him vid of him at an ATM withdrawing cash with a fraudulent card.

Got my credit rating fucked up. Dealership wasn't too enthusiastic after seeing the history. Was too busy (and a bit lazy) working 2 fucking jobs to deal with it.

Isn't family great.

woodbuck27
01-19-2020, 11:01 PM
I hope the 49ers get hosed in the SuperBowl.

call_me_ishmael
01-19-2020, 11:24 PM
Who's the pic Peanut Butter?

mraynrand
01-19-2020, 11:27 PM

Didn’t you matriculate football 101?

scharpcheddar
01-20-2020, 02:32 AM

Wait, you have to guess? I thought you knew? Or does the NFL only reveal the winner to those intelligent enough to see, but not the score?

I picked 37-24 in a contest at 3 am. 4 points off. They don't announce winner till tomorrow

scharpcheddar
01-20-2020, 03:33 AM
I hope the 49ers get hosed in the SuperBowl.

they wont

pbmax
01-20-2020, 08:22 AM

Hank Stram, matriculating down the field boys!

Former coach of Kansas City. Was a fun guy to listen to on the radio with Jack Buck for Monday Night football after he retired. Was dapper for a coach of the time. He'd talk your ear off too.

scharpcheddar
01-20-2020, 12:06 PM
Lol how old is he? If he can't recognize Hank Stram? Lol dude..come on.

mraynrand
01-20-2020, 03:59 PM
Lol how old is he? If he can't recognize Hank Stram? Lol dude..come on.

He's even wearing his hair, which makes it easier.

pbmax
01-20-2020, 04:59 PM
He's even wearing his hair, which makes it easier.

The rug was part of his charm!

MadtownPacker
01-20-2020, 06:41 PM
Not old enough to have seen him coach but immediately knew who he was from NFL Films and other sports docs. I always dig the way they dressed. It is a good look and they should be similar now instead of damn near pajamas.

Partial you suck hard dude. SB 1 coach. Punch yourself in the marbles on my behalf. :lol: