PDA

View Full Version : Feeling not so bad about the game.

GoPack06
09-11-2006, 04:12 PM
I know we lost and it looks really bad. There we're some things that sucked really bad. But does anyone else feel like we didn't play all that bad.

1. Besides the first drive we didnt give up any huge plays.

2. Teams are already starting to plan to go the oppisite side of Hawk

3. The Bears known as one of the better running teams, really got nothing going.

4. the two rookie guards played well against maybe the best D in football

5. Ahman Green looked solid

6. Charles Woodson is gonna be a good punt returner

7. Kampman is getting better evey year

8. Carroll had no pass int. calls

9. no one got hurt. remember by this time last year we lost a pro bowl WR

10. Besides Mohammad, no WR caught more than one pass

I think we're gonna get better every game. And the second half of the season will be alot better.

pbmax
09-11-2006, 04:25 PM
2. Teams are already starting to plan to go the oppisite side of Hawk.
This is some good spin, you could serve well as a political spokesperson. Beacuse the converse is true, a team was looking to exploit Poppinga.

GoPack06
09-11-2006, 04:42 PM
maybe. but you think Desmond Clark gets 77 reciving yards if they run him at Hawk. When Poppinga gets better, which i think he will. Then we can see.

SD GB fan
09-11-2006, 06:28 PM
i agree with 5-10 and number one. like mentioned before, poppinga got owned on other side. the bears didnt need to run that game. our secondary cudnt stop anything thru the air. but we did stop them whenever they did run so thats good most of the time. not sure exactly how well the rookie guard played.

BEARMAN
09-11-2006, 07:01 PM
MY TAKE :

1. 26 - 0
2. BS !
3. 26 - 0
4. OK, You got this one right.
5. And this one, "kindasorta"
6. Maybe but a bad CB
7. Marginal
8. ? Doing his job ?
9. That is a good thing.
10. OK, you said WR, But our TE got 5 for 77 yards. The ONE Berrian got was for 49 and a TD !

Wild way to spin this one, but hey a 26 to 0 loss is hard to swallow. :cry:

GO BEARS !

Tony Oday
09-11-2006, 07:02 PM
3-1 bear fan...

gbpackfan
09-11-2006, 07:06 PM
I love how pussy bears fans can kick the Packers while they are down. I bet you didn't talk all this smack when the Packers were beating your ass for a decade! And I bet you won't be here when the tables turn back the other way. And I bet it wont take the Packers a decade to get revenge!

BEARMAN
09-11-2006, 07:20 PM
It's OK gbpackfan, I feel your pain.... wait.... NO I DON'T ! LOL

So, this is how winning feels... I LIKE IT ! :mrgreen:

GO BEARS !

Tony Oday
09-11-2006, 07:24 PM
It's OK gbpackfan, I feel your pain.... wait.... NO I DON'T ! LOL

So, this is how winning feels... I LIKE IT ! :mrgreen:

GO BEARS !

Well Teddy fan get used to it you guys will win a lot of regular season games this year against a bad North division and get smoked like Tanks bud in the playoffs again. It like the Packers under Sherman ;)

BEARMAN
09-11-2006, 08:08 PM
I hope we go much further in the playoffs this year. I remember our SB very well, now THAT was a good feeling ! I am looking for this kid Grossman to take us along way this year. Our "D" is solid, we have a passing game... NFL, LOOK OUT " :mrgreen:

GO BEARS !

Scott Campbell
09-11-2006, 08:09 PM
I hope we go much further in the playoffs this year.

Much further than what????

BEARMAN
09-11-2006, 08:11 PM
What you live in a cave ? DA BEARS don't seem to play well in the playoffs? I am hoping with more expereance they do MUCH better this year, as in SB ! :roll:

GO BEARS !

MJZiggy
09-11-2006, 08:13 PM
I hope we go much further in the playoffs this year. I remember our SB very well, now THAT was a good feeling !

You must be really old...

Kiwon
09-11-2006, 08:13 PM
GoPack06, I'll give you an 'A' for optimism.

ND72
09-11-2006, 08:16 PM
2. Teams are already starting to plan to go the oppisite side of Hawk

This isn't a clever "spin"...it's the truth. who would you rather run the ball at, POOPinga, or Hawk, run it at POOP. nothing to "spin" that way, that's just good coaching by the Bears.

and I agree with i think 100% of what you wrote.

Merlin
09-11-2006, 08:20 PM
I hope we go much further in the playoffs this year. I remember our SB very well, now THAT was a good feeling ! I am looking for this kid Grossman to take us along way this year. Our "D" is solid, we have a passing game... NFL, LOOK OUT " :mrgreen:

GO BEARS !

Well you must have blinders on. How many 100 yard rushers did your "D" give up last year? Grossman looked good because his receivers played lights out. He actually didn't pass very well at all, the receivers just grabbed everything he threw, there is a difference. The Packer's offense and the officials killed the Packers. Not the Bears "D". You will be exposed, mark my words.

KYPack
09-11-2006, 08:26 PM
I know I feel a lot better on Monday than I did on Sunday.

BEARMAN
09-11-2006, 09:45 PM
MW, relax, time softens the hurt, sit down and take a nap all this will go away and be some long forgotten dream... like it never happened.... until you WAKE UP and relise you packers got their arses handed to them ! Your team was DOMINATED in ever aspect of that game ! From you DB's getting BURNED on a 49 yard TD pass, to farve being held to 0 points for the first time in over 200 games ! From Moose rolling up over 100 yards recieving to your team not getting across the 50 without some trick highschool play. :roll:
Your team has a LONG row to hoe there son ! Stop with the "sour grapes" and go fix you own problems !

Silly packers, the NFCN belongs to the Chicago BEARS !

GO BEARS !

flipnout91
09-11-2006, 09:47 PM
What you live in a cave ? DA BEARS don't seem to play well in the playoffs? I am hoping with more expereance they do MUCH better this year, as in SB ! :roll:

GO BEARS !You seem to be a smart resonable guy. Let me remind you that the season is early and we beat your team up for fifteen years!!!!!! I will trade this year and last for fifteen more.

BEARMAN
09-11-2006, 11:45 PM
As stated so many time before, YES, the pack has had our number for some time now, key words, "has had" past tence. From the preformance yesterday, it looks like DA BEARS will be winning the BEAR/pack games for some time to come. How sweet it is. You had your turn, now it is our turn. I like it better on this side of the fence ! :mrgreen:

GO BEARS !

SD GB fan
09-11-2006, 11:56 PM
well watching the SD OAK game, i dun feel so bad either. i dun think OAK hasnt crossed the 50 yard line and has less than 100 yards of total offense.

superfan
09-11-2006, 11:56 PM
Nice post, GoPack06, and I agree -- considering how bad the game as a whole went and the final score, in some ways I didn't feel too bad about this loss. Maybe it's because I went into it with fairly low expectations.

Other than Berrian burning Manuel deep on what looked like a combination of a lead foot Manuel and blown coverage, the defense didn't play too bad. 4 FGs and one offensive TD is roughly what I thought the Bears might score -- 19 points. Hester is the real deal, but it was still depressing to see him house the punt return.

I say the jury is out on Woodson being an effective PR, but otherwise I agree with your comments. Other additions --

-- Favre looked good until the game out of hand. They simply didn't give him enough opportunities.
-- Red zone defense put in a solid performance.
-- Driver looked good, going up against a pair of solid corners with little help from the other receivers.
-- GB converted a fake punt, which I have no recollection of them ever doing.

The negatives still far outweigh the positives, but even in this ugly performance there were a few rays of hope.

GrnBay007
09-12-2006, 12:17 AM

Must have been shot time. :wink:

superfan
09-12-2006, 01:16 AM

Must have been shot time. :wink:

Nice one! The kick is up and... through! :oops:

woodbuck27
09-12-2006, 02:29 AM
I know I feel a lot better on Monday than I did on Sunday.

Packer Hangover's don't last too long. :mrgreen:

Way too keep your chin up GoPack06.

NO Injuries.

GO PACK GO ! PACKER FAN FAITH in 2006 !

packiowa
09-12-2006, 10:42 AM
I have no doubt that Bears fans will come back down to earth soon. This team will need to control the clock and win with defense as Grossman tries to complete what is essentially his first or second season as an NFL qb.

The thing is, Thomas Jones looked slow. Benson looked a little better, but the Bears running game was average at best.

Now, the Bears were able to beat the Packers by using their TE and Moose as an effective way to move the chains; however, are Bears fans suddenly enamored with the skills of Desmond Clark? Teams w/ seasoned lb's won't give up that many plays to him. The Bears better find a running game, b/c Grossman has literally no experience in the regular season dealing with the adjustments that teams make.

Oh, and the refs will call holding on the Bears OL this year sometime.

Fritz
09-12-2006, 11:39 AM
"Carroll had no pass int. calls"

Yes, I was wondering when someone would say something about this. Could it be that Carroll will be an effective third corner? Could he actually be developing a bit? Wouldn't that be great for the Pack?

I saw some positives, too. As bad as the offensive line was, Green got a hundred yards. The defense was soft but stiffened a little toward the goal.

The game plan was good, in my opinion - Favre will thrive in this run-first offense IF the line can improve.

Jon Ryan got a lot of practice punting, too!

ahaha
09-12-2006, 12:14 PM
The run defense looked good. This is the type of game where the Bears running game should have dominated. They had the early lead, their defense was playing great, and the success of the passing game early should have softened up our run D. But it didn't. The Bears tried to force it down our throats (31 carries), but were consistently stymied (3.0 avg). Hawk was impressive in his first start. That hit he put on Grossman on a blitz was sweet. Poppinga may have been awful in pass coverage, but he was quite effective against the run.
The offense if the first half was decent on first and second down. That made the third down ineptitude so infuriating. They could have made this a closer game by converting a few.
The Special Teams was the real disaster. Fumbled kick return, missed FG, punt return for a touchdown, bad punting, awful return game. A struggling young team cannot afford these critical mistakes against a good team. This is where the game got out of hand.

J-Rok
09-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Now that you say that, Fritz, I don't recall seeing Carroll get beat. I really have no complaints about his play. I'm shocked.

Willard
09-12-2006, 04:29 PM
Was it just me or did anybody else notice the wheels on our punter chasing Hester for the last 20 yards of the punt return TD? That guy looks like he may be an option for kick-off returns. :wink:

MJZiggy
09-12-2006, 04:38 PM
Yes, the man has some jets there...Hmmm...