PDA

View Full Version : IF Green Bay Beats San Francisco, the Best PLayer on the Filed will be ???

Bretsky
01-17-2020, 10:37 PM
Let's say Green Bay Wins Sunday. WHO will we be saying was the best player on the football field ?

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Aaron Jones
3. Devante Adams
4. The Smith Brothers

Bretsky
01-17-2020, 10:40 PM
ALL of this homer juice is going wild in here. So lets just say GREEN BAY WINS !!! Who will we be saying the best player on the filed is and/or needs to be on Sunday's game ?

1. AROD...does he need to carry our asses
2. AJONES....does he need to break some big plays and have a dominant day and open up the pass
3. DEVANTE ADAMS......he's about all we have besides the Lizard. Perhaps he takes over
4. The SMITH BROTHERS....because if we win it will be due to a dominant defensive performance

MadtownPacker
01-17-2020, 10:40 PM
This is ARods moment. He set then tone last game. He will do it again this game.

Bretsky
01-17-2020, 10:45 PM
After the last game some of the San Fran coached interviewed noted their number one goal was to shut down Aaron Jones; they stopped Dalvin Cook last week. I think their DL is just too good to allow our RB to run wild.

I think AROD is the one who has to take over. He needs to be Russell like and get 3-5 first downs with his legs, and he needs to hit a deep ball or two. This has to be his moment IMO. And if he's a bit off, we are in deep shit IMO

MadtownPacker
01-17-2020, 10:45 PM
How come you spelled Adams name like that? They all sound alike?

RashanGary
01-17-2020, 10:50 PM
A Rod

RashanGary
01-17-2020, 10:53 PM
Kenny Clark is the one big play guy you missed. And with their running game, he might be a game wrecker for us.

But we do have the star power to win. AR, AJ, Adams, Z, P and Clark.... That's some firepower. And lots of good surrounding pieces to

RashanGary
01-17-2020, 10:57 PM
Aaron is getting older. I notice he takes care of his body better as he ages but you see him sprinting in the practices vids on Twitter and when you look at the practice photos you can see the enthusiasm and focus as he does the exercises.

He's getting ready to put his body to the full test. He's giving it his all on Sunday, like Bretsky said, he's ready to run and put his body on the line. I can see it in the way he's practicing. He's selling everything for this moment

red
01-17-2020, 11:04 PM
smiths

Vincenzo
01-17-2020, 11:55 PM
A Rod
Without a doubt. Absa-fuckin-lootely!

George Cumby
01-18-2020, 08:33 AM
Defense is going to play well.

But this is a defining game for Rodgers and he knows it. If he plays the way he did last week and the Pack wins, it will be one step closer to cementing his legacy.

He doesn't want to be a fart in the wind.

MadtownPacker
01-18-2020, 09:56 AM
After the last game some of the San Fran coached interviewed noted their number one goal was to shut down Aaron Jones; they stopped Dalvin Cook last week. I think their DL is just too good to allow our RB to run wild.

I think AROD is the one who has to take over. He needs to be Russell like and get 3-5 first downs with his legs, and he needs to hit a deep ball or two. This has to be his moment IMO. And if he's a bit off, we are in deep shit IMOMy thought exactly B. Smith Bros didn't cause the blowout last game. The offense did by not sustaining any drives. Agree he needs to run for short gain. But passing short for enough to keep getting 1st downs is what will open up everything else.

MadtownPacker
01-18-2020, 09:58 AM
Defense is going to play well.

But this is a defining game for Rodgers and he knows it. If he plays the way he did last week and the Pack wins, it will be one step closer to cementing his legacy.

He doesn't want to be a fart in the wind.
That's why I have high hopes. Rodgers past greatness has begun to be forgotten by non-Packers fans. This is a big splash opportunity and he has to leave it all on the field.

The Shadow
01-18-2020, 11:52 AM
I just hope Rodgers does not do the hold-the-damn-ball-forever thingee. That just is not going to work in this game.

Gotarace
01-18-2020, 12:48 PM
I just hope Rodgers does not do the hold-the-damn-ball-forever thingee. That just is not going to work in this game.
This is exactly what he did in the last Niners game...it was like he froze in the pocket and got Steamrolled for Sacks

MadtownPacker
01-18-2020, 02:34 PM
I just hope Rodgers does not do the hold-the-damn-ball-forever thingee. That just is not going to work in this game.The fanboys screamed when I said this after the last game/beat down. They think this is still 2011. He has to get rid of that shit in a hurry. If he gets that deer in the headlights look it’s curtains.

Bossman641
01-18-2020, 04:22 PM
Aaron Jones. The packers are at their best these days when the offense runs through Jones.

Fritz
01-18-2020, 05:51 PM
That's why I have high hopes. Rodgers past greatness has begun to be forgotten by non-Packers fans. This is a big splash opportunity and he has to leave it all on the field.

If JK Scott still has the flu, he'll have a big splash opportunity in his pants.

RashanGary
01-18-2020, 05:57 PM
Aaron Jones. The packers are at their best these days when the offense runs through Jones.

I definitely think Jones needs a big day, but we'll need some magic from 12 too.

Fritz
01-18-2020, 06:06 PM
I definitely think Jones needs a big day, but we'll need some magic from 12 too.

Not to be Captain Obvious Douchebag, but yeah, I'm being Captain Obvious Douchebag: EVERYBODY is going to have to be the best they can be, top of their game - plus a remarkable, unforeseen spectacular play or two by someone you'd never see coming - Tonyan or Sternberger or Vitale or Josh Jackson or the fucking offensive coordinator.

texaspackerbacker
01-18-2020, 09:39 PM
The primary thing it is going to take is the Packers O Line being something resembling respectable - which the weren't last time against the Niners. If that happens, Aaron look like the best player on the field - Rodgers because he always is on any field anytime or Jones because given just a little bit of room to run, he will shine of they pay too much attention to Rodgers and the passing game.

call_me_ishmael
01-18-2020, 10:33 PM
Play the 2014 bad-calf against the Cowboys offense and the Packers have a chance. I believe that we will win.

mraynrand
01-19-2020, 12:56 AM
If JK Scott still has the flu, he'll have a big splash opportunity in his pants.

Hahahahahaha

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-19-2020, 04:50 AM
If the Packers win today, the best player on the field will be the Green Bay Packers, cause me thinks they will need a biblical team effort to beat San Francisco.

bobblehead
01-19-2020, 06:56 AM
Not to be Captain Obvious Douchebag, but yeah, I'm being Captain Obvious Douchebag: EVERYBODY is going to have to be the best they can be, top of their game - plus a remarkable, unforeseen spectacular play or two by someone you'd never see coming - Tonyan or Sternberger or Vitale or Josh Jackson or the fucking offensive coordinator.

This was what I was thinking, and in my old age and wisdom I have learned to read all the posts before I type exactly what is already written. 2 things. 1) We can't afford anyone of these guys to have a bad day. 2) The guy with bad numbers might be the guy who is most important. If SF sells out to stop ARod or AJones then the other one better have big numbers. So, the guy with the numbers might not even be the guy who had the "big game impact". IF they double Davante then someone better get open and have a big day.

Or it could be one of those days where our OL shows a chip after what happened last game and the offense in its entirety clicks. Run setting up pass setting up run.

bobblehead
01-19-2020, 06:59 AM
Also, let me add that I rewatched all the playoff games. I'll be making exactly one bet today. Tenn/KC under 53. But that isn't my point. The point is that we have to stop the run on early downs. If we can force Jimmy G into several 3rd and long, he WILL throw a pick. He isn't russell. Rewatch that game and note that russell had to hold the ball a lot, but bailed out the offense/ broke our back with his legs. Jimmy G ain't no Russ. Stop the run, you will win this game I believe.

RashanGary
01-19-2020, 07:13 AM
Agree bobble. You know Kylie Shinnanigans has a plan to stay ahead of the sticks and keep his limited quarterback in favorable down and distances for that very reason.

Doesn't change the fact that two good back to back run downs is a 3rd and 8. Z, P, Gary and Fackrell gonna have to be tenacious on the edges today

RashanGary
01-19-2020, 07:16 AM
What our defense has going for it.

A team that loves to run can lead to punts if you can stop that run

Weve have elite redzone defense all year long

I can see scenerios where our guys keep the score down AND get a turnover or 3

RashanGary
01-19-2020, 07:18 AM
They got us rusty after the bye week and rolled up on us quick with that redzone turnover. Our coach abandoned the plan early and let their pass rushers tee off on our rusty and injured OT situation.

Honestly, with their QB and our defense, I see a double digit win in our direction more likely than a loss. I'm believing in and expecting a win.

RashanGary
01-19-2020, 07:32 AM
I'm 38 years old and love on physical sports. I can relate to 36 year old Aaron Rodgers. I've looked at the practice photos and clips all year long and watched all of the games. I see a guy who's been saving his joints in the name of longevity. But I'm also fit and capable of damn near everything I was 10 years ago and I believe Rodgers is too.

This week's practice photos show a guy who's pushing his body, joints be damned. He's healthy. Said he hasn't had a problem since his knee early in the year.

Aaron Rodgers is getting ready to unleash one of his final elite physical performances. I expect Aaron Rodgers to be vintage today, to dominate in ways people dont think is possible.

gbgary
01-19-2020, 10:13 AM
voted jones. rodgers can't do it himself anymore. if jones is big, play-action will work and rodgers will have a good day.

Patler
01-19-2020, 11:09 AM
Rashon Gary. In a new wrinkle, Pettine puts Gary over Kittle, and he takes him out of the game! :shock:

MadtownPacker
01-19-2020, 11:17 AM
Rashon Gary. In a new wrinkle, Pettine puts Gary over Kittle, and he takes him out of the game! :shock:This would equal victory IMO. Kittle IS the Niners offense. Without him JimmyG will throw picks.

Zool
01-19-2020, 11:21 AM
I think he ability to slow down the 49ers pass rush is the whole key to winning the game for GB. The D will hold them to ~20 if the O isn’t on a 3and out schedule like last game. Sustained drives to give the D a chance to rest. Basically the opposite of the second half last week.

RashanGary
01-19-2020, 12:05 PM
Rashon Gary. In a new wrinkle, Pettine puts Gary over Kittle, and he takes him out of the game! :shock:

Id like to see kittle try to block Garh

pbmax
01-19-2020, 02:51 PM

Was hoping for Fackrell as the new Wayne Simmons, but I'll take it.

mraynrand
01-19-2020, 03:14 PM
This would equal victory IMO. Kittle IS the Niners offense. Without him JimmyG will throw picks.

At least it throws him off a beat to not have that first look and security blanket. Beat up sKittles!

MadtownPacker
01-19-2020, 04:20 PM
That would disrupt their whole day. A lot of the big plays I saw them have are Jimmy throwing prayers at Kittle and getting lucky the crazy mofo makes it happen.

Freak Out
01-19-2020, 05:24 PM

Awesome. Keep him on the ground and its all good.

Bretsky
01-19-2020, 05:30 PM
Id like to see kittle try to block Garh

The Baconator makes everybody look better.

He'd make Kittle look better too :))