PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl 54 general , all everything , pregame , gossip thread

scharpcheddar
01-24-2020, 02:57 AM
ok,ok, Packers arent going. Sorry. Youll get over it.
its still football. One more game.
its going to be a dog fight. Not a shoot out

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/kVIAAOSwbcBeJSih/s-l300.jpg

Anti-Polar Bear
01-24-2020, 03:32 AM
For the 4th straight year, I will be boycotting the Super Bowl. Kap still ain’t back in the league.

Plus, if I see LaFluer’s BFF, that Fred Fucking Flintstone-looking D-Coordinator for the 69ers - Selleck, Sayid, Saleh, whatever - one more time on the tube, I swear Imma puke. I mean, the dude’s so pale, yet he still got interviewed as a Rooney Rule candidate. I’m baffled as fuck.

There are so many phenomena in this world I ain’t understand. And what I ain’t understand baffles me. Y’all dig me?

scharpcheddar
01-24-2020, 03:46 AM
For the 4th straight year, I will be boycotting the Super Bowl. Kap still ain’t back in the league.

Plus, if I see LaFluer’s BFF, that Fred Fucking Flintstone-looking D-Coordinator for the 69ers - Selleck, Sayid, Saleh, whatever - one more time on the tube, I swear Imma puke. I mean, the dude’s so pale, yet he still got interviewed as a Rooney Rule candidate. I’m baffled as fuck.

There are so many phenomena in this world I ain’t understand. And what I ain’t understand baffles me. Y’all dig me?

what if you knew Kaep was paid to do what he did and he was in fact the clue the Niners would be in this super bowl in the first place?

https://sportsunbiased.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/kapcap-300x300.jpg

pbmax
01-24-2020, 07:15 AM
Is this poll a salute to older people trying to run a poll on the Next-door app?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EO_bICxUwAAxSwi?format=jpg&name=medium

George Cumby
01-24-2020, 03:44 PM

mraynrand
01-24-2020, 05:28 PM
Is this poll a salute to older people trying to run a poll on the Next-door app?

Anyone else hear that noise last night?

George Cumby
01-24-2020, 08:15 PM
I take my hearing aids out at night.

scharpcheddar
01-24-2020, 10:17 PM
Anyone else hear that noise last night?

The sound of Packers fans crying because they live vicariously through jocks catching balls?

scharpcheddar
01-24-2020, 10:18 PM

Your mind will be blown on super sunday

scharpcheddar
01-25-2020, 05:08 PM
The total will go under. They will cancel each other out.
Mahomes is 24. Jimmy G. Is 28 and learned from going to two SBS with Brady. The younger QB has lost a majority of the time.
Shanahan proved vs GB, he won't let the game get out of hand like when he was on atL in SB 51.
Mvp, either Deebo, or Bosa

MadtownPacker
01-26-2020, 10:21 AM
The sound of Packers fans crying because they live vicariously through jocks catching balls?Damn Sharpie you hittin hard! But might be in to something.

Question what kind of score we looking at? Curious if my SB squares will win.

yetisnowman
01-26-2020, 11:59 AM
Took San Fran and the over

esoxx
01-26-2020, 12:02 PM
what if you knew Kaep was paid to do what he did and he was in fact the clue the Niners would be in this super bowl in the first place?

https://sportsunbiased.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/kapcap-300x300.jpg

So you're saying games are fixed, is that your contention?

pbmax
01-26-2020, 12:59 PM
So you're saying games are fixed, is that your contention?

George Cumby
01-26-2020, 02:39 PM
For the 4th straight year, I will be boycotting the Super Bowl.

Plus, if I see LaFluer’s BFF, that Fred Fucking Flintstone-looking D-Coordinator for the 69ers - Selleck, Sayid, Saleh, whatever - one more time on the tube, I swear Imma puke.

Y’all dig me?

The NFL notices and is quite concerned.

More importantly, Kyle Shanahan looks like Harry Dean Stanton's lost Love-Child.

No.

scharpcheddar
01-26-2020, 08:33 PM
Took San Fran and the over

You got it half right.

scharpcheddar
01-27-2020, 04:02 PM
In a hour or two, is all the mass Interview day stuff and pageantry

MadScientist
01-27-2020, 05:47 PM
Advertisers and Fox should have been options.

scharpcheddar
01-27-2020, 06:33 PM
Advertisers and Fox should have been options.

What do you mean?

George Cumby
01-27-2020, 06:35 PM
What do you mean?

Square root of pi.

Duh.

bobblehead
01-27-2020, 09:03 PM
Damn Sharpie you hittin hard! But might be in to something.

I got that futures bet for 20k riding on Sharps guarantee. Mad, can it get his address so I can collect if he is wrong.

Cheesehead Craig
01-27-2020, 09:32 PM
So who's making what for the game?

scharpcheddar
01-27-2020, 10:07 PM
Square root of pi.

Duh.

Nope. Still more nonsense.

scharpcheddar
01-28-2020, 01:08 AM
Damn Sharpie you hittin hard! But might be in to something.

I'll say, thursday or Friday.
expect this game go /under the total. Not too much better than last year.

MadtownPacker
01-28-2020, 09:13 PM
I got that futures bet for 20k riding on Sharps guarantee. Mad, can it get his address so I can collect if he is wrong.
He said we have to wait until Friday for the score. He has two thumbs, one for you and one for me if he sinks us.

MadtownPacker
01-28-2020, 09:14 PM
I'll say, thursday or Friday.
expect this game go /under the total. Not too much better than last year.
See that is a big problem cuz last years snorefest didn’t give much movement numbers wise. Just tell me there will be a safety at some point so I can have hope.

scharpcheddar
01-29-2020, 12:22 AM
See that is a big problem cuz last years snorefest didn’t give much movement numbers wise. Just tell me there will be a safety at some point so I can have hope.

Probably not.

QBME
01-29-2020, 08:27 PM

Big pot of chili.
Shredded cheddar, onions and a dallop of sour cream.

Smidgeon
01-29-2020, 09:18 PM
Big pot of chili.
Shredded cheddar, onions and a dallop of sour cream.

For a pot that big, wouldn't you want two dollops of sour cream?

QBME
01-29-2020, 09:24 PM
For a pot that big, wouldn't you want two dollops of sour cream?

Sorry, should have been more specific.
The cheese, onions and sour cream are per serving.

Cheesehead Craig
01-29-2020, 10:10 PM
Think I'm going with a buffalo chicken pastry ring, bacon wrapped, cream cheese filled jalepeno poppers and some pigs in a blanket.

MadtownPacker
01-29-2020, 11:10 PM
Smoked pork shoulder. About 7-8 hours in the offset smoker. Gonna use pistachio wood for the first time. Usually use pecan. I’ll infuse it with garlic and some spices. It just about falls apart when done.

Gotarace
01-30-2020, 12:35 AM
Smoked pork shoulder. About 7-8 hours in the offset smoker. Gonna use pistachio wood for the first time. Usually use pecan. I’ll infuse it with garlic and some spices. It just about falls apart when done.
Sounds Excellent Mad...I'm Reverse searing some Ribeyes...Smoke until 110* Then hit them on a Screaming hot Charcoal Grill 2 minutes a Side...I'll smoke up some Buffalo Wings for Pre-Game Snackin.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-30-2020, 09:11 AM

Nothing.

Finish graveyard shift at 7 AM. Heat up a frozen meal. Wash it down with a Miller Lite. Enter the Matrix while downloading aphrodisiac vids at the same time. If peak prematurely, catch up on a little Shameless or Law and Order: SVU. Even though currently off from the burger joint on Sundays, bedtime at 3PM.

I ain't gonna watch another Super Bowl live 'til Kap returns to the NFL, or the Packers play in the fucking game.

ThunderDan
01-30-2020, 09:17 AM
Not going to watch the game.

Heading over to Potawatomi to play in the WSOP Circuit event that day.

MadtownPacker
01-30-2020, 09:53 AM
Sounds Excellent Mad...I'm Reverse searing some Ribeyes...Smoke until 110* Then hit them on a Screaming hot Charcoal Grill 2 minutes a Side...I'll smoke up some Buffalo Wings for Pre-Game Snackin.Interesting technique. Is it similar to what the steakhouses do with the steak in a bag in hot water? You bringing it to temperature then making it pretty with the high heat.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-30-2020, 09:59 AM
Not going to watch the game.

Heading over to Potawatomi to play in the WSOP Circuit event that day.

No TV in the Poker Room?

And how much is the buy-in?

ThunderDan
01-30-2020, 10:05 AM
No TV in the Poker Room?

And how much is the buy-in?

Here is the link:
https://www.wsop.com/tournaments/schedule/?groupid=1700

They hold the event in the convention hall. Two big screen TVs in the corners.

Cheesehead Craig
01-30-2020, 10:46 AM
Interesting technique. Is it similar to what the steakhouses do with the steak in a bag in hot water? You bringing it to temperature then making it pretty with the high heat.

It's the same principle as slow cooking ribs. I've done this with steaks for quite a while, it works fantastic. It does take a bit more time than the traditional way, but I find the results better.

Patler
01-30-2020, 11:51 AM
It's the same principle as slow cooking ribs. I've done this with steaks for quite a while, it works fantastic. It does take a bit more time than the traditional way, but I find the results better.

Me too. I was given a sous vide cooker 2 years ago. Bring steaks to just below desired temp, then throw in a very hot grill, or cast iron pan on the stove. They turn out great. The best thing is you can hold the steaks a long time in the sous vide bath without over cooking. When everything and everyone is ready, it takes only a couple minutes to finish the steaks. Also great for steaks that are inconsistently cut or thinner than preferred. No overcooking.

My new go-to, winter rib prep is cooking the ribs with rub and sauce in an Instant Pot pressure cooker for about 30 minutes, then onto a very hot grill or under the broiler to caramelize the outside.

MadScientist
01-30-2020, 12:22 PM
Me too. I was given a sous vide cooker 2 years ago. Bring steaks to just below desired temp, then throw in a very hot grill, or cast iron pan on the stove. They turn out great. The best thing is you can hold the steaks a long time in the sous vide bath without over cooking. When everything and everyone is ready, it takes only a couple minutes to finish the steaks. Also great for steaks that are inconsistently cut or thinner than preferred. No overcooking.

My new go-to, winter rib prep is cooking the ribs with rub and sauce in an Instant Pot pressure cooker for about 30 minutes, then onto a very hot grill or under the broiler to caramelize the outside.

How do the instant pot ribs compare to sous vide? When I use sous vide for ribs the bones were falling out when I took them out of the bag, and the flavor was fantastic. However it did take 20-24 hours instead of 30 minutes.

Patler
01-30-2020, 02:12 PM
How do the instant pot ribs compare to sous vide? When I use sous vide for ribs the bones were falling out when I took them out of the bag, and the flavor was fantastic. However it did take 20-24 hours instead of 30 minutes.

Same with the Instant Pot. Most of the bones fall right out. Some purist say the bones should require some tug to come out. That isn't the case with this process. Most of the bones fall out clean, with no resistance.

I have used this with all types of ribs, baby back, spare ribs, St. Louis cut, beef short ribs and back ribs. All end up the same, falling off the bones. The beef ribs I prefer to sear first, then pressure cook. Pork I caramelize after pressure cooking. Bone in beef ribs usually need about 10 minutes more in the pressure cooker.

I want to experiment a little with the length of natural pressure release after cooking. I've used what recipes suggest, 10 minutes natural before manual immediate of the remaining pressure. I'm a real novice with the pressure cooker, but have read that immediate release for meat dishes can retain some of the "chewIness" some prefer.

Side note - the pressure cooker is fantastic for cheesecakes!

George Cumby
01-30-2020, 03:29 PM
Great. Now I need to buy a sous vide cooker thingy.

How do the sous vide ribs compare with slow cooked?

MadtownPacker
01-30-2020, 05:05 PM
It's the same principle as slow cooking ribs. I've done this with steaks for quite a while, it works fantastic. It does take a bit more time than the traditional way, but I find the results better.I was talking about the sous way Patler mentioned. I am going to have to try your way out cuz I like the smoke flavor to sink into the meat.

Patler - I’m guessing the sous thing leaves them very tender. Do you add any seasoning during that process and does the smoky flavor get to the middle of the carne?

MadtownPacker
01-30-2020, 05:06 PM

How do the sous vide ribs compare with slow cooked?Look man nothing is gonna make those mountain possums tender better than you running them over a few times with your 4x4.

George Cumby
01-30-2020, 08:24 PM
Look man nothing is gonna make those mountain possums tender better than you running them over a few times with your 4x4.

ROFLMAO

The tweaker neighbor who lives in the fenced compound down the road, his pit bull attacked our Aussie the other day.

Ima gonna' get back to my Korean roots and roast some dog for the game.

Maybe sous vide the effer.

Zool
01-30-2020, 09:22 PM

How do the sous vide ribs compare with slow cooked?

I just got an instant pot with a sous vide setting. It’s got it all!

George Cumby
01-30-2020, 09:51 PM
I just got an instant pot with a sous vide setting. It’s got it all!

We got a Crockpot version of the Instapot. I'll check that.

MadtownPacker
01-30-2020, 11:12 PM
I just got an instant pot with a sous vide setting. It’s got it all!Yeah that doesn’t scream millennial hipster foodie.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-30-2020, 11:54 PM
ROFLMAO

The tweaker neighbor who lives in the fenced compound down the road, his pit bull attacked our Aussie the other day.

Ima gonna' get back to my Korean roots and roast some dog for the game.

Maybe sous vide the effer.

WHAT?!?!

I ain’t give fucks ‘bout you roasting dogs. It’s natural for the superior species to consume the inferior species. Think Doggy’s Wolfie ancestors gave fucks when the Wolfies were hunting and consuming less sophisticated Homo sapiens with the IQ of Tony O’Day?

First, Rasta is white. Now you’re Korean? (which side?) What’s next, Harlan’s Iranian and Prof Rand is Italian? What kind of world do you want it to be?

mraynrand
01-31-2020, 11:09 AM
Yeah that doesn’t scream millennial hipster foodie.

no shit. losers would scoff at nesco set on 'low'

scharpcheddar
02-01-2020, 02:20 PM
Niners 20
Chiefs 7
Niners get 9 sacks

mraynrand
02-01-2020, 03:20 PM
Niners 20
Chiefs 7
Niners get 9 sacks

compelling. Chiefs scoring less than Packers would indeed be shocking result.

mraynrand
02-01-2020, 03:23 PM
The poll is closed, but I predict a niners win. Would love Chiefs to win, if only to upset the 'defense wins championships' mantra. Also prefer whatever result gets Andy Reid on a treadmill.

Cheesehead Craig
02-01-2020, 03:59 PM
Chefs win by 10. Mahommes gets his own muppet designed after him.

scharpcheddar
02-01-2020, 04:07 PM
The poll is closed, but I predict a niners win. Would love Chiefs to win, if only to upset the 'defense wins championships' mantra. Also prefer whatever result gets Andy Reid on a treadmill.

I can't edit to open again?

George Cumby
02-01-2020, 07:11 PM
Niners 20
Chiefs 7
Niners get 9 sacks

scharpcheddar
02-01-2020, 07:39 PM

Steve Atwater, #27, gets induction to HOF on SB eve.

Just a coincidence, to the uninitiated

MadtownPacker
02-02-2020, 02:47 AM
I can't edit to open again?Opened it back up.

mraynrand
02-02-2020, 08:06 AM
Opened it back up.

Power to the people! End voter suppression! :)

George Cumby
02-02-2020, 09:24 AM
Politics! Politics! Call PB!

MadtownPacker
02-02-2020, 09:56 AM
Power to the people! End voter suppression! :)Well played. :lol:

MadtownPacker
02-02-2020, 10:01 AM
Politics! Politics! Call PB!Im a soft admin compared to that hardass.

See Rand is within bounds with that one. It is not making the conversation about politics. It is just a well timed barb. The same post used in a different thread who knows. This time though it works in the moment.

Teamcheez1
02-02-2020, 10:15 AM
Politics! Politics! Call PB!

Don't incite the thread nazis, I mean moderators. They wouldn't know humor or satire if it hit them in the forehead.

mraynrand
02-02-2020, 10:17 AM
Don't incite the thread nazis, I mean moderators. They wouldn't know humor or satire if it hit them in the forehead.

but they would know fat tire:

https://365beers.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/new-belgium-fat-tire.jpg?w=470

https://cnet4.cbsistatic.com/img/Zl-gkm97YIYVz9s8DS-I9yGMRvw=/fit-in/270x0/2017/08/08/63250ac4-db26-4fb6-8e24-0f0dad601bd2/homer-simpson-mmm-beer.jpg

Radagast
02-02-2020, 10:53 AM
Nothing.

Finish graveyard shift at 7 AM. Heat up a frozen meal. Wash it down with a Miller Lite. Enter the Matrix while downloading aphrodisiac vids at the same time. If peak prematurely, catch up on a little Shameless or Law and Order: SVU. Even though currently off from the burger joint on Sundays, bedtime at 3PM.

I ain't gonna watch another Super Bowl live 'til Kap returns to the NFL, or the Packers play in the fucking game.

Most don't care about you, your crusade, or weather you watch any games. Your one man parade is not drawing any recruits. Furthermore, if your unhappy flipping burgers then get off your rear and change your life.

mraynrand
02-02-2020, 11:16 AM
Most don't care about you, your crusade, or weather you watch any games. Your one man parade is not drawing any recruits. Furthermore, if your unhappy flipping burgers then get off your rear and change your life.

Have a doughnut and a cup of coffee. Enjoy your day.

Zool
02-02-2020, 12:03 PM
Most don't care about you, your crusade, or weather you watch any games. Your one man parade is not drawing any recruits.

I’m starting with the man in he mirror.

George Cumby
02-02-2020, 02:55 PM

Beat me to it.

Cheesehead Craig
02-02-2020, 03:22 PM

I'm asking him to change his ways

Gotarace
02-02-2020, 05:26 PM
16 7 23 30 216003

pbmax
02-02-2020, 06:45 PM

At least now you know who will be responsible for the kick in the nuts you are due.

:lol:

Cheesehead Craig
02-02-2020, 09:14 PM
Chefs win by 10. Mahommes gets his own muppet designed after him.

One down, one to go.

pbmax
02-02-2020, 09:24 PM
Wt

esoxx
02-02-2020, 10:45 PM
16 7 23 30 216003

QFT