PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Rumor off PackerChatters

justanotherpackfan
09-11-2006, 05:09 PM
http://www.packerchatters.com/4ums/index.php?showtopic=838
It was posted by MarkLawrence who has a great rep and doesn't post rumors often.

You will recall that I don't routinely post rumors.

My sources tell me that our new President is *not* pleased. Jones was close to Sherman, and reputedly was not satisfied with how he was handled and fired.

A team that goes 12-4, 12-4, 10-6, 10-6, then you hire a new GM, then 4-12, then yesterday. . . one cannot help but ask questions.

If the Packers do no better this year than last, don't be surprised if our new President decides he would like to choose his own management team.

I think this team should finish the last six games strongly. It's a relatively easy schedule, and that will give our new guys time to get with the program. If they don't finish strongly, TT, who considers this "just a job," could well be replaced with another guy who "bleeds green and gold."All I can say is WOW.

Jimx29
09-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Shouldn't even give him the whole year. It's becoming pretty apparent that he's not doing what most consider is the best for the Pack, and after last years draft, and now this years, give him till mid-season and that's enough

Partial
09-11-2006, 05:43 PM
I don't buy that.

BallHawk
09-11-2006, 05:58 PM
Speculation, nothing more.

packinpatland
09-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Alot of things have been put into motion based on 'speculation'

ND72
09-11-2006, 06:36 PM
blah blah blah...won't happen. what people forget is how much power Bob Harlan stil actually holds...he might not have a fancy title after his name, but this team still has bob harlans name on it.

Packnut
09-11-2006, 07:34 PM
blah blah blah...won't happen. what people forget is how much power Bob Harlan stil actually holds...he might not have a fancy title after his name, but this team still has bob harlans name on it.

Talk about someone needing to be held accountable..........

red
09-11-2006, 07:53 PM
ok, heres a little tip for those of you who don't go to packerchatters too much

before that site got deleted, i did a lot of posting over there. and there were a lot of rumors posted from people that claimed they had inside info. some people were pretty credible, other were very questionable.

one thing a lot of us took from all the rumors were that, even if the source is credible, and even if there source is credible, that doesn't mean that the info is any good

i'm sure the new pres isn't going around 1265 throwing a fit yelling that if the team isn't improved then TT is gone. so its either a rumor inside 1265 that made its way out, or its bs

just take every rumore with a grain of salt, no matter where you get it from, or who tells it to you

justanotherpackfan
09-11-2006, 08:09 PM
ok, heres a little tip for those of you who don't go to packerchatters too much

before that site got deleted, i did a lot of posting over there. and there were a lot of rumors posted from people that claimed they had inside info. some people were pretty credible, other were very questionable.

one thing a lot of us took from all the rumors were that, even if the source is credible, and even if there source is credible, that doesn't mean that the info is any good

i'm sure the new pres isn't going around 1265 throwing a fit yelling that if the team isn't improved then TT is gone. so its either a rumor inside 1265 that made its way out, or its bs

just take every rumore with a grain of salt, no matter where you get it from, or who tells it to you
It's more fun taking rumors seriously and acting like you have more info then everybody else. :smile:

KYPack
09-11-2006, 08:16 PM
The new Prez is rehabbing coming off quadruple by-pass surgery.

I doubt he'll be generating any earth shattering changes this year.

He might want to put his stamp on the team sometime, but not in the near future.

Merlin
09-11-2006, 08:25 PM
TT is not RW. He is NOT handling the Packers the same way that RW did. RW's responsibility was to make the Packers a winner. TT has done nothing, I repeat NOTHING that will make the Packers a winner TODAY or TOMORROW! It will be 2008-09 before we can safely say that we are contenders and by that time all of these rookies and young vets will have bigger salary demands and we will not be able to afford them all! It's okay to build through the draft however NOT WITH 28 players with 2 years or less experience! You take a HOF QB and surround him with College talent, name a turnkey coach that you hold the reigns on, WTF do YOU think is going to happen? TT thinks he owns the Packers, he doesn't. The fans will get restless and the Prez. WILL have to do something. Watch if Lambeau doesn't sell out, see how many changes happen.

Joemailman
09-11-2006, 08:26 PM
I don't know if there is anything to it or not. However, Thompson is now in the situation that Sherman was in when Thompson was made GM. He has a boss who did not hire him, and you never know if the boss thinks much of him or not. If the team improves as the season goes on, I think Thompson and McCarthy are safe. However, if the team implodes and finishes along the lines of 2-14, anything is possible.

ahaha
09-11-2006, 08:44 PM
I don't know if there is anything to it or not. However, Thompson is now in the situation that Sherman was in when Thompson was made GM. He has a boss who did not hire him, and you never know if the boss thinks much of him or not. If the team improves as the season goes on, I think Thompson and McCarthy are safe. However, if the team implodes and finishes along the lines of 2-14, anything is possible.

And what if Koren Robinson flames out. Let's say he gets into a drunk driving accident. That king of PR disaster combined with a miserable 2-14 season could send TT packing.

Patler
09-11-2006, 08:44 PM

I thought Harlan involved Jones in the decision to hire TT because he knew they would have to work together? That was the story at the time. It was to avoid the "he's not my guy" situation.

MJZiggy
09-11-2006, 08:47 PM
I believe you're right, Patler. It's not like John Jones has been hiding in a cave with Bearman all this time. He's been in the loop.

Patler
09-11-2006, 09:01 PM
I believe you're right, Patler. It's not like John Jones has been hiding in a cave with Bearman all this time. He's been in the loop.

I remember Harlan saying at the time that he made the decision to remove Sherman as GM mostly on his own, because it was his decision to give Sherman both jobs and he felt he need to decide if it worked or not. But when hiring TT he said it wouldn't have been fair to either Jones or TT if they weren't comfortable with each other, so Jones was fully involved in the selection.

b bulldog
09-11-2006, 09:58 PM
They also posted that TO was going to become a Packer!!!!!!!!!!1

swede
09-11-2006, 09:59 PM
Maybe the Polar Weasel TT is at work again in his most cleverly diabolical and machiavellian plan yet!

By hiring a bunch of loser coaches from loser programs (ala The Producers) TT has begun phase II of his strategy. (Phase I was to let Sherman lose with the team that Sherman himself put together without helping out with FA or retaining the guards) Mike McCarthy, former OC of the worst offense in football, gets TT another year of high draft picks. By firing M3 at the end of this year TT gets another 2 years of "patience." Phase III is to hire an awesome coaching staff to prepare the team for his real run at the Super Bowl at the end of "08.

MJZiggy
09-11-2006, 10:08 PM
Swede, I'm not sure what you and that chimp have been smoking, but it must be pretty potent.

swede
09-11-2006, 10:13 PM
Sure it's crazy. So crazy that it just might work!

Packers4Ever
09-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Alot of things have been put into motion based on 'speculation'

I totally agree, and doesn't it seem strange - the "timing" of
this rumor, coming in today? Looks suspicious to me but
who can tell?

woodbuck27
09-12-2006, 12:30 AM
The Green Bay Packers have conservatively, a million fans plus. We believe those fans are the best and most loyal to any NFL team.

Many of us have suffered long times.Two decades and a half we waited patiently, to see a return to Packer winning ways on some regular basis.

While we endured all those many seasons of little we had to focus OUR love of everything Packers. . . on players personal exploits and TRUST in the Packer organization to get it right.

Then Wolf and Homgren and Favre and White and a cast of players that got it to where we finally had OUR Packer pride and patience rewarded.

The focus of this post is OUR GM Ted Thompson. I hope I will be fair. I'm just a man.Ted's just a man.

Get this 'straight'. .he's NOT my kinda MAN. :mrgreen:

Ted Thompson has gone public. That it's his duty as Packer GM, to not serve any Master including the Packer fans, but rather put a product on the field that will serve the proud Tradition and History of the Packer Organization. That is his focus daily as OUR GM.

Fine words.

Whenever I try to read TT I'm baffled.

Is Ted Thompson an intelligent guy?

Do the words intelligence and smart have aything in common?That depends on a person and how he/she answers the call of time.

As just one of those one million plus fans. I expect a Roster of Packer players, that has the making of a competitive team. As a Packer fan, I expect alot more than a 4-12 season. Losing close games in 2006 won't cut it with me, if OUR seasons record shows less than 6 wins.I hope not trust that that somehow " the Packers" will secure a minimum of six wins.

What percentage of Packer fans will feel as I do? As a Packer fan am I supposed to buy into " the excellent future of the Packers" under Ted Thompson? When since Ted Thompson's hire as GM. My team has a 4 -13 record in Regular season games, and lost to the BEARS embarassingly with ZERO points on the board for OUR side?

ZERO POINTS ?? NOT ACCEPTABLE !!

That loss in game one of the season, coming after only one gimme win in preseason (HOME Opening game Vs. "the Falcons" ) against three rather convincing defeats. Well ! That doesn't spell optimism for OUR future, or usher in any comfort in me, just another ordinary Packer fan. :mrgreen:

In the NHL, the NBA or in MLB.

If a team can't win. Either the Coach or Manager (MLB) and/or the General Manager get FIRED too often.

Is the OLD Boys ClUB PROTECTION POLICY in place in the NFL and the GM's safe from" the FIRE "?

Moot point regarding Ted Thompson in Green Bay. The Green Bay Packers. The ONLY PRO Team Exclusively OWNED by PACKER FANS.

It's up to the OWNERS of the TEAMS. In Green Bay the OWNERS are the PACKER FANS and the Packer fans hold shares and attend meetings duly presided over by a Packer Board of Governors that has over it officers including a president,Bob Harlan and soon to be John Jones. That's as i understand it, and if I'm ignoranr forgive me please.

Will the PACKER Fans just sit back and TRUST Ted Thompson and his pick as Head Coach Mike McCarthy to pull OUR Packer Teams ass out of the flames next season? If we play to 4-12 or do only slightly bette rin 2006?

What will be the overall FAN reaction to Ted Thompson if. . . " the Packers record in 2006 " falls below 4-12, with an easier schedule and all that money he had available to him to improve OUR Team in the 2006 Off Season?

Do we TRUST Ted Thompson to spend OUR CAP money wisely in 2007 with 4 or 5 wins or less this season? Is that reasonable to expect we should TRUST this as i see him, mystery man?

I say that Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy and his coaching Staff have to get on one page described as wining football games or the shit will very likely hit the proverbial fan.

We live in a REAL WORLD in PRO Sports, where reality in the sense of reward is based in winning, NOT losing. Promises of wait till next year cause a loss in fan faith? Promises of . .well you will just have to wait 4-6 more years, before OUR new guys are up to speed; giving the reality of really solid players and Free Agency is totally unrealistic as i view it.

PRO Sports = THE LURE OF BIG MONEY.

The proof. . that talk of Great History and Tradition won't be the ticket to cutting it, is compounded in the way and manner OUR Packer team exists today, and the emminant fact that very soon we will see the likes of loyal Packers like Brett Favre, Ahman Green and William Henderson soon retire.

What did Ted Thompson do for Brett Favre's loyality last season and this season? How do Packer players and players around the NFL view goings on in Green bay in respect to coming to play under Ted Thompson?

Alot of YOU have bought into Ted Thompson.Your sold all the way.That's fine Packer fans that are there.i'm not convinced that Ted's way is going to work as it's certainly not even close to working since he arrived.

I'm a don't promise me rather give me sort a guy.Hard work and honest effort are normally rewarded but not in Green Bay with "the Packers" it's obvious to me.

Since Ted Thompson was brought in to save a sinking ship.This man has steadfastedly refused to admit we are in re-building mode. Ever ask yourselves why Ted Thompson isn't real there?

Of course, we are just there. Ted won't admit to that. Why?

Why did Ted Thompson say, regarding the time Brett Favre spent trying to decide on playing football in 2006?

and I paraphrase. .

" I only hope that Brett Fvare won't do anything to embarass the Green Bay Packer Organization as he ponders his decision? "

Here's a GM - a MAN who continuously claimed to have regular contact with Brett Favre at his HOME in Mississippi and he tells us that he . . HOPED. .that Brett Favre won't embarass the PACKERS Organization.

What is wrong with that as a real threat? How much credability did Ted Thompson Packer GM cast on himself with that (YOU fill in the blank)remark to the media?

Most of you read that quote and how did it strike YOU at that time?

Now Ted is covering his tracks and some of you will disagree with his decision to re-unite with Koren Robinson. I sincerely felt that Ted Thompson would bring KR in after one game. I was more certain of that after BEARS and 26 to ZERO.

A member here will attest to "the fact" I believed that soon (well today) we would have a new WR named Koren Robinson on a "three times now with Ted Thompson. .. YOUR LUCKY " basis.

Where was that support for Brett Favre and OUR "O" last season? Do we attest the hesitation to sign KR in 2005 on a tryout in Green Bay, before he signed with "the Vikings", to Ted Thompson's learning curve as Packer GM?

That signing of Koren Robinson today. May have been a year late for KR for Brett Favre for Packer Fans and for TED THOMPSON?

So meanwhile OUR QB plays behind a lousy OL. ONLY 3 QB sacks on Sunday. Favre escaped injury yesterday. Four more games to the Bye week against teams that played very well yesterday (ONLY DETROIT losinfg a hard fought game with a potential Super Bowl Fianalist.

All four of OUR games before the Bye Week against teams that appear to have an upside, whereas the Packers appear worse than last season. Is there even light at the end of the tunnel in any REAL sense of OUR TEAMS GM Ted Thompson saying that more has to be done on his and the Coach's behalf? Favre has tried to tell him to do more since before the draft.

Surely we can cut Brett Fvare a break for the honesty at least we may TRUST in him? Note the ? mark.

Oh Yea ! It was ONLY Game one. No need to panic.

I'll remind Y'all again.

Since Ted Thompson became OUR GM. OUR combined Regular and Preseason Record is a shocking. . seven (7) wins...

and Eighteen (18) LOSS's 7 - 18

Ted Thompson FIRED Mike Sherman after all the adversity of 2005. He's gone (Thank GOD for him) and I don't care to agree or disagree with what TT did regarding Mike Sherman. Yet, for the record. I'm very aware that "the Packer PLayers" generally and for the most part LOVED Mike Sherman.

How's OUR "D" looking Packer fans? Wondering what Jim Bates is feeling after BEARS 20 PACKERS ZERO.

What will Ted do now, to right the ship or will he really determine to care?

What's his objective? It's not to please anybody but himself as I view it.

I'll tell you this. The last thing he needs now is anymore Brett Favre and retirement distractions. The last thing that Brett Favre will do is up and quit anytime in 2006 season. He's in. Favre's ALL IN.

I have many thoughts, many questions concerning Ted Thompson. In time they will be answered. I'm confident of that.

This season isn't on Ted's man, Mike McCarthy or Brett Favre or any one or number of Packer players or members of OUR Coaching Staff unless Ted plays the scapegoat card.

He had better do ALL he can to allow us to enjoy winning now in 2006. He had better remain 100% Loyal to Packer Fans and not just talk but walk the talk.

For this season not the next or the one after that is his primary concern and focus. Yup ! Ted has to burn the coal.

Ted absolutely better do ALL he can for the Packers to vastly improve in 2006. If that joke of an OL and new ZBS sets up a serious injury to Ahman Green and or Brett Favre a large percentage of PACKER fans won't be pleased with Ted Thompson in regards to a very serious matter.

Setting up a very good chance that long time Packer Vets will get seriously injured in 2006 and maybe sooner than most of YOU may even imagine.

If Ted Thompson is so stupid to utilize fine intelligence in any sandbagging effort, to merely attain a high draft pick? If that is even suspected in Green Bay or arounfd the NFL?

Then he is as good as FIRED! It's his number one agenda and requirement of his daily focus as OUR Teams GM, to do all that is necessary to enable Green Bay Packer WINS ! NOT LOSS's.

Whi in "H" plays to loose but a lousy rotten crooked person. Does that describe Ted Thompson? It better not.

NOTHING else wash's but success as in better than 4-12 certainly.

As a fan I can't fire him if we blunder in 2006. As a Packer fan I can certainly suppot that as necessary if the need is concluded.

GO PACK GO ! FAN FAITH in 2006 !!

woodbuck27
09-12-2006, 12:45 AM
Maybe the Polar Weasel TT is at work again in his most cleverly diabolical and machiavellian plan yet!

By hiring a bunch of loser coaches from loser programs (ala The Producers) TT has begun phase II of his strategy. (Phase I was to let Sherman lose with the team that Sherman himself put together without helping out with FA or retaining the guards) Mike McCarthy, former OC of the worst offense in football, gets TT another year of high draft picks. By firing M3 at the end of this year TT gets another 2 years of "patience." Phase III is to hire an awesome coaching staff to prepare the team for his real run at the Super Bowl at the end of "08.

If I read that scenario right Swede your speculating Super Bowl in three more seasons or Super entry as the NFC Representative in 2009 Season.

Rookies this season will be in their 4th Season. Last season's Draft class ie S Nick Collins in it's fifth. Aaron Rodgers likely now as i see it in his third season behind center as OUR Starting QB.

The only Vet that may be with us at your Super Bowl being Bubba Franks. The rest still scratchin' their head in front of their TV set.

Swede. HOLD YOUR FAITH. :mrgreen: I'm NOT there as yet.

GO PACK GO ! FAITH in 2006 !!

Patler
09-12-2006, 01:09 AM
Woodbuck;

Would you happen to have an abridged version of your earlier post, or more preferrably a CliffNotes version??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kiwon
09-12-2006, 05:26 AM
Woodbuck;

Would you happen to have an abridged version of your earlier post, or more preferrably a CliffNotes version??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Amen.

Rastak
09-12-2006, 06:53 AM
Woodbuck;

:lol:

BallHawk
09-12-2006, 07:09 AM
Woodbuck has just broken his old "longest post record." His post just now contained....

1,915 WORDS!

ND72
09-12-2006, 07:54 AM
I just wanna make this part clear....Jim Bates is not our coach...time to let it go, people. maybe he does worse, maybe he does better. You can't say either, BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW. how bout you stop the bitching, and start to try some supporting...if you need to, go buy a jock if it helps.

gureski
09-12-2006, 09:02 AM
People need to realize that this subject will come up again and again and Sherman's name will be referenced over and over as the season goes on because it was a mistake to change coaching staffs. Thompson made that call and that's at the root of this rumor and all future rumors on this topic.

Now, stick with me before you get all riled up...I'll explain what I'm saying.

Firing Sherman to hire McCarthy was a mistake. Sherman was a veteran coach who was a proven winner as a coach. His teams played hard and rarely to never quit. He should've been retained UNLESS we could've improved on him for this year. If we could've improved at Head Coach then by all means, it was time for Sherman to go. BUT....we didn't improve! That's the key here. McCarthy and his staff over Sherman and his staff is NOT an improvement this year. Since he didn't improve at the top, why make the change then?

Long term, McCarthy may be the better choice but Favre wont be here long-term so it's a sin to put the final year(s) of Favre's career into the hands of a rookie coach with rookie coordinators and inexperienced coaches. That's what this rumor is about.

The rumblings are there for those that were in Sherman's corner and they are watching a rookie head coach and 1st time coordinators cut their teeth and make mistakes at a time when the organization doesn't have the talent and depth to overcome such inexperience. What was this teams best chance of succeeding this year? Was it to change systems and coaches and lose all familiarity that every player had? Was that best? Losing Jim Bates at D-Coordinator, was that best for the team? Switching O-Line schemes....was that best for the team? Ask Chad Clifton. New offense for Favre to learn, was that best for the team? None of those changes are positive since we didn't replace the old staff with a better one. You've got green coaches and coordinators learning on the damn job at a time when the team's talent can't overcome their inexperience. At a time when the team needed to lean on the little things to have a chance at winning. Little things like familiarity, continuity, solid coaching.

A Bill Parcells type coach would've been worth changing for. He's established a track record for coming into situations and getting the best out of his teams immediately. McCarthy is no Bill Parcells right now and he's no Mike Sherman right now either. If the Packers keep losing and looking bad while doing it then you'll continue to hear these types of rumblings. Long term, Thompson may have made the right decision. McCarthy may turn out just fine but right now, while he's learning and people are watching Favre's last year or two..... people will think back to Sherman and wonder whether he shouldn't have been allowed to stay on for another year or two.

pbmax
09-12-2006, 09:33 AM

I know I am asking to be put on everyone's ignore list (should such a feature become available) but I think that there might be something to Swede's Phase III.

Why else hire a coach to a three year contract? T2 is signed one year past that. I've never heard a good explanatio of McCarthy's contract.

If true, Phase III is pretty cold-blooded.

Terry
09-12-2006, 10:41 AM
People need to realize that this subject will come up again and again and Sherman's name will be referenced over and over as the season goes on because it was a mistake to change coaching staffs. Thompson made that call and that's at the root of this rumor and all future rumors on this topic.

Now, stick with me before you get all riled up...I'll explain what I'm saying.

Firing Sherman to hire McCarthy was a mistake. Sherman was a veteran coach who was a proven winner as a coach. His teams played hard and rarely to never quit. He should've been retained UNLESS we could've improved on him for this year. If we could've improved at Head Coach then by all means, it was time for Sherman to go. BUT....we didn't improve! That's the key here. McCarthy and his staff over Sherman and his staff is NOT an improvement this year. Since he didn't improve at the top, why make the change then?

Long term, McCarthy may be the better choice but Favre wont be here long-term so it's a sin to put the final year(s) of Favre's career into the hands of a rookie coach with rookie coordinators and inexperienced coaches. That's what this rumor is about.

The rumblings are there for those that were in Sherman's corner and they are watching a rookie head coach and 1st time coordinators cut their teeth and make mistakes at a time when the organization doesn't have the talent and depth to overcome such inexperience. What was this teams best chance of succeeding this year? Was it to change systems and coaches and lose all familiarity that every player had? Was that best? Losing Jim Bates at D-Coordinator, was that best for the team? Switching O-Line schemes....was that best for the team? Ask Chad Clifton. New offense for Favre to learn, was that best for the team? None of those changes are positive since we didn't replace the old staff with a better one. You've got green coaches and coordinators learning on the damn job at a time when the team's talent can't overcome their inexperience. At a time when the team needed to lean on the little things to have a chance at winning. Little things like familiarity, continuity, solid coaching.

A Bill Parcells type coach would've been worth changing for. He's established a track record for coming into situations and getting the best out of his teams immediately. McCarthy is no Bill Parcells right now and he's no Mike Sherman right now either. If the Packers keep losing and looking bad while doing it then you'll continue to hear these types of rumblings. Long term, Thompson may have made the right decision. McCarthy may turn out just fine but right now, while he's learning and people are watching Favre's last year or two..... people will think back to Sherman and wonder whether he shouldn't have been allowed to stay on for another year or two.

Sherman was a winning coach. He was also a disaster in the postseason. The game goes up a notch in postseason normally - maybe that line was Sherman's demarcation of competence. In 1960's championship game, the Packers were down 4 points and Jim Taylor was stopped on the Eagles' 9 yard line in the last play of the game. In the lockerroom afterward, Lombardi swore to his players that they would never lose another championship game - and they didn't. (Actually, they did lose one post season game, the game for third place, the game Lombardi called a game for losers.)

Firing Sherman has nothing to do with hiring McCarthy. One cannot see the future. Bill Parcells wasn't available.

If McCarthy turns out to be a better coach than Sherman, then great. If not, we'll have to try again. In either case, it's not a sin because of Brett Favre. A shame, maybe, but not a sin.

swede
09-12-2006, 12:24 PM

I know I am asking to be put on everyone's ignore list (should such a feature become available) but I think that there might be something to Swede's Phase III.

Why else hire a coach to a three year contract? T2 is signed one year past that. I've never heard a good explanatio of McCarthy's contract.

Thus the polar aspect of the weasel.

Look, to some extent I'm kidding with the conspiracy theory. But for some reason it sure is easy to construct conspiracy theories with the facts surrounding this organization.

Post-draft I was solidly behind TT. MM I have been less sure about but I have been generally supportive. Suddenly I am fearful that TT is like the character in the book Being There--assumed brilliant because he is quiet when he is actually blissfully ignorant and unprepared.

Packnut
09-12-2006, 12:40 PM

Thus the polar aspect of the weasel.

Look, to some extent I'm kidding with the conspiracy theory. But for some reason it sure is easy to construct conspiracy theories with the facts surrounding this organization.

Post-draft I was solidly behind TT. MM I have been less sure about but I have been generally supportive. Suddenly I am fearful that TT is like the character in the book Being There--assumed brilliant because he is quiet when he is actually blissfully ignorant and unprepared.

It's gonna take some time and it will be very painfull, but after we are embarrassed week in and week out and as the losses pile up, most of the "optimists" will realize that TT has set this team back more than Sherman ever did. I expect several will wake up after this Sunday. I guess for some, rationalizing that the Bears are that good, (they are'nt), as an excuse for our poor play, will wake up when Reggie and the Saints walk into Lambeau and pull off the win........

RashanGary
09-12-2006, 03:28 PM
Nah,

Many fans here are expecting a tough season. We'll give Thompson till the end of next year minimum to prove himself. You don't really know what you've done as a GM untill 4 or 5 years later. We see the mark Sherman left 4 or 5 years later. In another 2 or 3 years we'll see what Thompson did.

We should win 6 this year and 8 next year. That IMHO is realistic after getting 4 players in 4 full years of draft picks during Sherms tenure, Thompson has to make up ground.

Brohm
09-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Sherman was not a veteran coach when he was hired. He learned on the job. He rarely called the plays in Seattle.