01-30-2020, 05:04 PM
TOP: 10 WR's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iyu13t-MyRc

Bretsky
01-30-2020, 05:06 PM
IMO Justin Jefferson is quite a bit higher than 10

Radagast
01-30-2020, 08:46 PM
Bretsky, is it possible for you to to post a 1 through 10 WR list with: name, school, height, weight, time in the 40 yard dash, jumping abilities, hand size, past injuries, awards earned, and such. It would provide more information and stimulate more discussion. Thanks .

Bretsky
01-30-2020, 09:21 PM
I'll get to it but it will be tomorrow or next day. I'm home for a while due to surgery so I'll have time :)

run pMc
01-30-2020, 09:22 PM
Bretsky, is it possible for you to to post a 1 through 10 WR list with: name, school, height, weight, time in the 40 yard dash, jumping abilities, hand size, past injuries, awards earned, and such. It would provide more information and stimulate more discussion. Thanks .

Wait a few weeks for the combine. Most who follow the draft process know the info you're after isn't available until then.

run pMc
01-30-2020, 09:28 PM
TOP: 10 WR's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iyu13t-MyRc

This list lost a lot of credibility with DeVonta Smith (who is returning to play for Alabama) at #4. Likewise with Sage Surratt returning to play for WF. Also, no Jalen Reagor on the list?

Justin Jefferson is about the WR7 IMO. Big, runs good routes, has enough speed, played a lot of big SEC games, I like him.

call_me_ishmael
01-30-2020, 09:52 PM
I don't need a speedster or freak athlete. I just want Greg Jennings. That's asking a lot I know, but boy was he good and smooth here.

RashanGary
01-31-2020, 09:57 PM
There are situations where a guy has an awful QB and comes to the NFL and proves to be more than he was in college. But for the most part , WR is a position where college production seems to correlate more to NFL success. I've seen chart and things showing production vs combine numbers and production being much more important at the WR position.

There are exceptions too.... But moreso than other positions , production leads the way for receicers

Bretsky
01-31-2020, 11:39 PM
Wait a few weeks for the combine. Most who follow the draft process know the info you're after isn't available until then.

Sounds good

As we get to the draft we should have specific threads dedicated to the different positions.

For this thread I was just looking for vids to share where we can view some highlights of guy we love or lists at a certain position

run pMc
02-03-2020, 11:24 AM
Some of the videos aren't recent, and I apologize for any bad music, but here goes:

Laviska Shenault https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ38fV8HJyY

Jalen Raegor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TOD1j_9ENE

Denzel Mims https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3uoh4Q331k (like him, but Baylor WRs scare me)

Justin Jefferson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pndtv8Xy4Wk

JD Spielman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCVQYCLmx0g late rounder

call_me_ishmael
02-03-2020, 12:11 PM
Apparently Ohio State has a pretty good ILB that could be a candidate for us. In the little bit that I've seen, Justin Jefferson looks like he'd look good as a Packer.

Bretsky
02-03-2020, 12:59 PM
[QUOTE=call_me_ishmael;1048140]Apparently Ohio State has a pretty good ILB that could be a candidate for us. In the little bit that I've seen, Justin Jefferson looks like he'd look good as a Packer.[/QUA

As of Today if I were gooter I'd be targeting a trade up for Cee Cee Lamb or drafting Justin Jefferson in the current slot. Both great additions and very needed

Radagast
02-03-2020, 01:32 PM
The general idea is to familiarize ourselves with this years crop of potential college/draft eligible players. Videos, articles, member post that accomplish that, IMO, are great. It is "OK" to learn about Cee Dee Lamb or Justin Jefferson or others ahead of the Combine. The combine can serve to fine tune some of the already formed opinions. Lets learn though from the past. A player may be a combine phenomenon, but that does not score weather that player can play football at the NFL level.

As for me I really like LSU's WR Cee Dee Lamb and would not protest a 1st round trade up in the draft to get him.

Joemailman
02-03-2020, 01:47 PM
[QUOTE=call_me_ishmael;1048140]Apparently Ohio State has a pretty good ILB that could be a candidate for us. In the little bit that I've seen, Justin Jefferson looks like he'd look good as a Packer.[/QUA

As of Today if I were gooter I'd be targeting a trade up for Cee Cee Lamb or drafting Justin Jefferson in the current slot. Both great additions and very needed

No way I'd trade up in this draft to take a WR. Too many really good ones available without trading up. I'd trade down, pick up a 3rd or early 4th and draft someone like Reagor or Jefferson.

Besides, I've seen Lamb going in top 10 in some drafts. If That's the case, it would be too expensive to trade up that high.

mraynrand
02-03-2020, 01:53 PM
It is "OK" to learn about Cee Dee Lamb or Justin Jefferson or others ahead of the Combine. The combine can serve to fine tune some of the already formed opinions. Lets learn though from the past. A player may be a combine phenomenon, but that does not score weather that player can play football at the NFL level.

Thank you for your permission to view videos, your learned admonition to learn from the past, and score weather advice.

call_me_ishmael
02-03-2020, 02:06 PM
.[QUOTE=Bretsky;1048146]

No way I'd trade up in this draft to take a WR. Too many really good ones available without trading up. I'd trade down, pick up a 3rd or early 4th and draft someone like Reagor or Jefferson.

That's probably the route I'd take. I'd hope a top team is hoping to draft a QB at the top of round 2 and dangle an extra cheap year via first round pick to them for an extra #3 or #4.

pbmax
02-03-2020, 03:08 PM
The general idea is to familiarize ourselves with this years crop of potential college/draft eligible players. Videos, articles, member post that accomplish that, IMO, are great. It is "OK" to learn about Cee Dee Lamb or Justin Jefferson or others ahead of the Combine. The combine can serve to fine tune some of the already formed opinions. Lets learn though from the past. A player may be a combine phenomenon, but that does not score weather that player can play football at the NFL level.

As for me I really like LSU's WR Cee Dee Lamb and would not protest a 1st round trade up in the draft to get him.

Your advice on how to be a fan is tiresome.

call_me_ishmael
02-03-2020, 03:24 PM
Why y'all feed the trolls? Just add the homies to the blocklist and move on. Radagast, Woodbuck, Sharp, Tank, these are all the same person. Maybe not Tank.

Bretsky
02-03-2020, 03:56 PM
LOVES FOOTBALL, HOLY Y.A.C., and he lays some nice blocks out there. Nice feel for the ball.

Jefferson would be a good pick; Ceedee Lamb would be a GREAT PICK. GO GET HIM GUTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO GET HIM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1571Ihhk65Q

Bretsky
02-03-2020, 04:05 PM
Look at the .58 mark; this guy is crazy f'ckin good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQOcqTFON0w

Bretsky
02-03-2020, 04:20 PM
.[QUOTE=Bretsky;1048146]

Besides, I've seen Lamb going in top 10 in some drafts. If That's the case, it would be too expensive to trade up that high.

I've been seeing Lamb go around 20; I'd trade up a dozen spots.

I agree if he goes top 12 you can't go there. After all you are supposed to be drafting sure thing elite players top 12, right ?

Jefferson looks like s smooth route runner who would fit in nicely. Raegar, I'm not sure he goes in round one so maybe trade back and pick him up. Still looking at the others.

I'd have no issue at all with GB going WR at pick #1 and pick #2.

It would be my Dream Draft to somehow get Ceedee Lamb in round 1 and Ceephus in round 4

mraynrand
02-03-2020, 04:21 PM
Look at the .58 mark; this guy is crazy f'ckin good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQOcqTFON0w

He wasn’t open on a lot of those so Rodgers wouldn’t throw to him.

call_me_ishmael
02-03-2020, 04:34 PM
I guess I just don't think you need *star* receivers to win. I think you can get great route runners and dudes that can get open and make a huge difference like Greg Jennings or Jordy Nelson lower. They might not be the world's most explosive #1 receiver, but if you get two or three of those on a team, watch out.

I would rather spend the #1 on a more premier position like OL, DL, CB, QB.

mraynrand
02-03-2020, 04:38 PM
Whatever you do, draft or FA, you better get a guy who can build chemistry right away. Need a guy who is football smart and can read defenses and adjust. Or Rodgers won’t throw to him. It’s that simple.

run pMc
02-04-2020, 07:05 AM

FYI - Lamb was a Oklahoma Sooner; Jefferson went to LSU. Lamb will go inside the top 12 unless he suddenly morphs into Antonio Brown. Apparently some mocks have him going top 5. Trading up from 30 would basically cost them all their picks a la Ditka-RickyWilliams.

I'd be ok with this. I think there will be a group of late 1st-early 2nd rated players at 30 that will still be there if they trade a few spots down and pick up another mid-round pick to spend on depth/eventual starter.

pbmax
02-04-2020, 07:43 AM
Whatever you do, draft or FA, you better get a guy who can build chemistry right away. Need a guy who is football smart and can read defenses and adjust. Or Rodgers won’t throw to him. It’s that simple.

Should room with Lazard.

I suspect its less football IQ and more willingness to go after a contested ball. But some combo of those two plus adjustments.

Radagast
02-04-2020, 07:50 AM
[QUOTE=Joemailman;1048149].

I've been seeing Lamb go around 20; I'd trade up a dozen spots.

I agree if he goes top 12 you can't go there. After all you are supposed to be drafting sure thing elite players top 12, right ?

Jefferson looks like s smooth route runner who would fit in nicely. Raegar, I'm not sure he goes in round one so maybe trade back and pick him up. Still looking at the others.

I'd have no issue at all with GB going WR at pick #1 and pick #2.

It would be my Dream Draft to somehow get Ceedee Lamb in round 1 and Ceephus in round 4

What would you be willing to trade to move up in the draft to get Lamb or another WR rated as highly?

bobblehead
02-04-2020, 08:02 AM
What I saw in the Owl. You get there one of two ways. A really good D and an elite top of the line QB. A super really good D and a smash mouth run game with a game manager. Our QB is somewhere in between at this stage, but neither the run game nor the D is quite there yet.

Nutz posted somewhere to sign Conklin and a DL. That and more progression in the WR room likely gets us right next to SF. Add in a little more comfort with the LaFlower offense and maybe the window is open.

mraynrand
02-04-2020, 08:06 AM
Should room with Lazard.

I suspect its less football IQ and more willingness to go after a contested ball. But some combo of those two plus adjustments.

Sounds reasonable. But the Packers need to do something. I can't take any more of gbgary crying about Rodgers.

https://regmedia.co.uk/2016/11/01/manbegging.jpg?x=442&y=293&crop=1

pbmax
02-04-2020, 08:15 AM
Sounds reasonable. But the Packers need to do something. I can't take any more of gbgary crying about Rodgers.

https://regmedia.co.uk/2016/11/01/manbegging.jpg?x=442&y=293&crop=1

Gary did (and does) have a point. Trading or releasing him before that contract would have made some sense in retrospect if they cannot fill the holes fast enough now.

It would have hurt because they had no backup unlike Favre-A-Palooza. But that earns you the 49ers half a decade drafting top talent in the first round golden ticket plan.

A lot of this depends on how high Rodgers can climb back up his own scale given one more weapon, if they can find that talent this year. Its one reason I prefer the WR acquisition to be a FA vet.

mraynrand
02-04-2020, 08:36 AM
Gary did (and does) have a point. Trading or releasing him before that contract would have made some sense in retrospect if they cannot fill the holes fast enough now.

I'm not talking about that. That's a defensible strategy. What I can't take is blaming every problem of the offense on Rodgers total and absolute refusal to run the Flower offense and go EO all the time. And the hand-wringing is just pure torture. I actually feel for gary. He's in a bad place. lol

pbmax
02-04-2020, 08:44 AM
I'm not talking about that. That's a defensible strategy. What I can't take is blaming every problem of the offense on Rodgers total and absolute refusal to run the Flower offense and go EO all the time. And the hand-wringing is just pure torture. I actually feel for gary. He's in a bad place. lol

I agree. From a talent standpoint, blaming Rodgers is like blaming the screws on the Titanic for the collision.

The only reason this offense wasn't Bengals world awful in 2017 and 18 was Rodgers.

Deputy Nutz
02-04-2020, 10:50 AM
This place is unorganized. Starting threads for the sake of starting threads is tiresome.

I will lay out my own 2020 Positional draft tier thread. I will start right after the combine. What information I can provide you all is that Lamb, Juedy, and Ruggs are all competing to be the top receiver in the draft and it is really really close between the three. I haven't watched any film on the three, but reading what other draft gurus have written I would say it will be personal preference from the GM with which one of these guys goes off the board first.

The same can be said for the next 4 or 5 receivers, there isn't a consensus on who is better.

There are roughly 10 receivers that could have first round grades so I don't see the need to trade up to land some one outside the top 3. Packers have other issues they need to address. They will not have a legitimate inside linebacker on the roster unless they resign Martinez or sign someone in free agency. That is a huge issue.

The Packers have done a nice job of improving their roster as they don't have 4 or 5 serious needs heading into the draft. If I had to list needs before the daft and free agency I would start with:
1. Inside Linebacker: need level- Starter
2. Wide Receiver: need level - Starter
3. Defensive line: need level - rotational potential starter
4. Offensive line: need level - depth potential starter
5. Tight End: need level - rotational potential starter
6. Defensive backer: need level - Dime/ Nickel

mraynrand
02-04-2020, 10:53 AM
This place is unorganized.

we're sorry

run pMc
02-04-2020, 01:03 PM
we're sorry

This.

FWIW, What do you think about Gute drafting Mungo from Blazing Saddles? He's physical, mean, and shooting him just makes him mad.

mraynrand
02-04-2020, 01:22 PM
This.

FWIW, What do you think about Gute drafting Mungo from Blazing Saddles? He's physical, mean, and shooting him just makes him mad.

How about Lyle Wesson? I hear he is a very strong mean guy. Lyle bad, Hawkeye good.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-04-2020, 01:40 PM
Whatever you do, draft...a guy who is football smart and can read defenses and adjust.

That's what Lil Russell said about Metcalf.

The Flog revealed during Seattle week that the Packers were interested in the black Hulk. German Shepherd either underrated Metcalf, or he pulled a Todd.

mraynrand
02-04-2020, 02:05 PM
Packers neutralized Metcalf. I suspect he will learn and become more of a weapon, but he was limited in the routes he ran and the throws Wilson was willing to try in his direction. Packers can't wait that long. Rodgers only has a few brief moments of competence remaining on the gridiron. To hear gbgary's ululations, is to know it is already too late.

run pMc
02-04-2020, 05:31 PM
Packers neutralized Metcalf. I suspect he will learn and become more of a weapon, but he was limited in the routes he ran and the throws Wilson was willing to try in his direction. Packers can't wait that long. Rodgers only has a few brief moments of competence remaining on the gridiron. To hear gbgary's ululations, is to know it is already too late.

Shakira's ululations and gyrations at the halftime show weren't so bad.

mraynrand
02-04-2020, 08:11 PM
Shakira's ululations and gyrations at the halftime show weren't so bad.

It's nice when you don't have to lick bills and slap them on a plastic window to get a good show.

pbmax
02-04-2020, 09:08 PM
How about Lyle Wesson? I hear he is a very strong mean guy. Lyle bad, Hawkeye good.

I just saw that like a month ago.

pbmax
02-04-2020, 09:08 PM
That's what Lil Russell said about Metcalf.

The Flog revealed during Seattle week that the Packers were interested in the black Hulk. German Shepherd either underrated Metcalf, or he pulled a Todd.

Frog, I presume?

Bretsky
02-04-2020, 11:22 PM
This place is unorganized. Starting threads for the sake of starting threads is tiresome.

I will lay out my own 2020 Positional draft tier thread. I will start right after the combine. What information I can provide you all is that Lamb, Juedy, and Ruggs are all competing to be the top receiver in the draft and it is really really close between the three. I haven't watched any film on the three, but reading what other draft gurus have written I would say it will be personal preference from the GM with which one of these guys goes off the board first.

The same can be said for the next 4 or 5 receivers, there isn't a consensus on who is better.

There are roughly 10 receivers that could have first round grades so I don't see the need to trade up to land some one outside the top 3. Packers have other issues they need to address. They will not have a legitimate inside linebacker on the roster unless they resign Martinez or sign someone in free agency. That is a huge issue.

The Packers have done a nice job of improving their roster as they don't have 4 or 5 serious needs heading into the draft. If I had to list needs before the daft and free agency I would start with:
1. Inside Linebacker: need level- Starter
2. Wide Receiver: need level - Starter
3. Defensive line: need level - rotational potential starter
4. Offensive line: need level - depth potential starter
5. Tight End: need level - rotational potential starter
6. Defensive backer: need level - Dime/ Nickel

Boards are slow in between now and the draft so this thread was for posting video's of prospects in misc video feeds showing players. I apologize if the thread is tiresome; I would suggest skipping it then if you don't like them.

I would completely agree that there seems to be 3 elite WR's and if we don't jump up for one of them we can let the board fall how it may and see what is there at 30.

See, your point is exactly what these unorganized threads can bring out :)))))

Cheers,
B