PDA

View Full Version : Official Superb Owl LIV game day thread

Pages : 1 [2]

beveaux1
02-02-2020, 09:02 PM
Game over!

Rastak
KC!!!! Fuck you and the no flags bullshit.......why do we assume there is a flag on every goddamn play?

pbmax
Who is MVP? Mahomes not that special tonight.

Teamcheez1
02-02-2020, 09:03 PM
Glad to see the 49ers go down in flames.

pbmax
Over under was 54?

Cheesehead Craig
Who is MVP? Mahomes not that special tonight.

He'll get it though.

Fosco33
02-02-2020, 09:04 PM
I get scoring. But step out and knee equals W. Now it’s two possession game again.

pbmax
02-02-2020, 09:05 PM
Still 3 TOs but now down 11. Weird turn.

Cheesehead Craig
02-02-2020, 09:05 PM
Still 3 TOs but now down 11. Weird turn.

2 TOs

Cheesehead Craig
02-02-2020, 09:07 PM
Yes!

pbmax
I get scoring. But step out and knee equals W. Now it’s two possession game again.

Yep. But FG after 3 TOs leaves you one score and 1:00 left.

Gotarace
Breeland mvp

beveaux1
The difference in the game is the QB position. Mahomes, even though he isn't sharp, as a difference-maker uses his feet to manufacture first downs.

Garoppolo has been efficient and sharp throughout the game, until the game is put on his shoulders. He can't come through.

Mahomes is an MVP QB, Garoppolo is a midrange QB.

Fosco33
02-02-2020, 09:08 PM
Yep. But FG after 3 TOs leaves you one score and 1:00 left.

Two timeouts.

pbmax
02-02-2020, 09:09 PM
So Packers 3rd best team?

Live to know how they gummed up this offense unlike Pack.

pbmax
02-02-2020, 09:09 PM
Two timeouts.

Ok. 30 seconds and 1 score.

mraynrand
02-02-2020, 09:10 PM
4th and 26

pbmax
4th and 26?

That is mean.

George Cumby
I’m so happy about this

Rastak
That was a fine Superb Owl,,,,,

Gotarace
02-02-2020, 09:11 PM
Where is Nostradamus Sharp Cheddar?

George Cumby
Hey Scharpcheddar.

What’s you’re numerology say about this?

pbmax
Mad gonna have a fun week rubbing noses in this collapse.

mraynrand
02-02-2020, 09:12 PM

Spagnola strikes again

pbmax
02-02-2020, 09:13 PM
Spagnola strikes again

He blitzed too. Not just 4 man rush.

Kinda like you need to have players to make plays.

Teamcheez1
02-02-2020, 09:14 PM
Where is Nostradamus Sharp Cheddar?

I forgot about that. It will be continued fun listening to his skewed reality on football.

mraynrand
02-02-2020, 09:16 PM
Guessing 'Cheat isn't regretting letting Crappola go. Probably texted Kraft already to rub it in.

mraynrand
02-02-2020, 09:16 PM
I forgot about that. It will be continued fun listening to his skewed reality on football.

think he'll even come back?

KYPack
02-02-2020, 09:18 PM
Won a some good money tonight.

Forgot about the numerology tip from goat racer and bet on the Chiefs

Plus won a square in the Packer bar.

Not only that, I'm playing golf tomorrow.

pbmax
02-02-2020, 09:20 PM

Living the dream KY!

pbmax
02-02-2020, 09:25 PM
Goodell is such a fool.

pbmax
02-02-2020, 09:26 PM
Before Goodell stumbled through a speech he had two weeks to prepare, Strahan broke the 4 cliches in under 15 seconds record.

Rastak
02-02-2020, 09:28 PM

Warmer than where I am....have fun KY!

George Cumby
02-02-2020, 09:31 PM
Goodell is such a tool.

FTFY

scharpcheddar
02-02-2020, 09:32 PM
Oh darndy darn darn.
At least it was a colorful fun super bowl

Rastak
02-02-2020, 09:32 PM
Goodell is such a fool.

Yuppers.

George Cumby
02-02-2020, 09:33 PM
Spags dialed it up at the right time and his boys got home.

To bad Pettine and his crew couldn’t do the same.

But the Chiefs would have annihilated the Pack.

George Cumby
Oh darndy darn darn.

Zool
Oh darndy darn darn.

Keep reading the bones fella. You’ll be right eventually.

Gotarace
02-02-2020, 09:37 PM
Oh darndy darn darn.
A broke clock is right twice a day...that's 2 times more than your piss poor Prediction.

pbmax
02-02-2020, 09:47 PM
Spags dialed it up at the right time and his boys got home.

To bad Pettine and his crew couldn’t do the same.

But the Chiefs would have annihilated the Pack.

:roll:

Eyeroll for you!

pbmax
02-02-2020, 09:48 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EP0eo4iWAAA-6OC?format=jpg&name=medium

pbmax
02-02-2020, 09:51 PM
Bill Barnwell @billbarnwell
Jimmy Garoppolo in the fourth quarter: 3-of-11, 36 yards, INT, fourth-down sack

BUM CHILLUPS @edsbs
still handsome

Takkarist McKinley @Takk
Kyle Shanahan Lol

RashanGary
02-02-2020, 10:07 PM

I was wondering the same thing.

Glad we don't have to relive the 49ers road to glory though.

MadtownPacker
02-02-2020, 10:20 PM
Mad gonna have a fun week rubbing noses in this collapse.Nah more relieved that no one will want to talk football. :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
02-02-2020, 10:40 PM
Was that a game or was that a game? Huh? huh?

Joemailman
02-02-2020, 10:43 PM
Was that a game or was that a game? Huh? huh?

That was a game.

call_me_ishmael
02-02-2020, 10:53 PM
Niners blew it in the 4th, wow. Clearly they were the superior team even though I am left wondering how Andy Reid neutralized the pass rush so much more effectively than LaFleur did.

Harlan Huckleby
02-02-2020, 11:06 PM
Niners blew it in the 4th, wow. Clearly they were the superior team even though I am left wondering how Andy Reid neutralized the pass rush so much more effectively than LaFleur did.

I'm not so sure. Mahomes played poorly for 3 quarters and still they found a way to win. I know San Fran gets credit for bringing heat, but Mahomes looked like Rodgers on a bad day with balls behind receivers and in the turf. Maybe San Fran wins 6 out of 10 games, but KC is really good too.

call_me_ishmael
02-02-2020, 11:29 PM
I agree that KC is great but SF stopped running the ball and started throwing in Q4. The 3 times they did run they were successful. Mind you, they were up by 10! Jimmy G isn't the second coming, he is not a great starter IMO and they should have let their OL road grade the game to win instead of trying to have Jimmy's arm win.

Bretsky
02-02-2020, 11:49 PM

One HUGE difference is Homme didn't need much time because his guys were getting wide open

The Niners could not cover the Cheifs WR's. Between Kelsey, Hills, Watskins, and the other rookie WR somebody was open the whole game for them. It was just giving Homme enough time to find one of them being wide open.

Let's do an honest breakout of the receiving options between KC and Green Bay for this year

Chiefs- Kelsey, Hill, Wadtins, Hardmon, Robinson

Packers Jimmy, Adams, Lizard, MVS, Allison

If you take the top 10 receiving options between the TE's and WR's

The Chiefs probably have nine of the ten best options. For sure 8 of 10 at worst.

Epic failure at WR talent in Green Bay this year

call_me_ishmael
02-02-2020, 11:58 PM
To be fair Bretsky, it helps KC a ton that their two stars are on rookie contracts.

But yeah - John Dorsey is an awesome scout. Packers would be well served to try to bring him in. I doubt he gets another GM shot.

scharpcheddar
02-03-2020, 01:33 AM
Keep reading the bones fella. You’ll be right eventually.

lets see.. I picked Niners to make SB in august based on fixed games. I got the conference championships right.
so, i'm basically 3 and 1 in that regard. I'm more than right. I got this game wrong. oh gosh darnit. back to my life while these jocks run to their millions whether they win or lose

mraynrand
02-03-2020, 06:37 AM
lets see.. I picked Niners to make SB in august based on fixed games. I got the conference championships right.
so, i'm basically 3 and 1 in that regard. I'm more than right. I got this game wrong. oh gosh darnit. back to my life while these jocks run to their millions whether they win or lose

now tell us about area 51

mraynrand
02-03-2020, 06:58 AM

Love to know how they gummed up this offense unlike Pack.

Maybe more concerned with winning than being snubbed for pro bowl?

ThunderDan
02-03-2020, 07:38 AM

You had Baltimore verses NE in the AFC Championship with NE winning.

Zool
02-03-2020, 07:51 AM

Well good try at a spin, but you said you knew the entire thing was rigged by reading signs and TV commercials.

Did you pick the Chiefs to start the season? Did you pick the Packers in the NFCC? You made a ton of bold "predictions" and called people dumb for not seeing the signs.

Don't throw out your shoulder patting yourself on the back. You claimed the whole thing is rigged and you had the cypher.

Cheesehead Craig
02-03-2020, 08:06 AM
Well good try at a spin, but you said you knew the entire thing was rigged by reading signs and TV commercials.

Did you pick the Chiefs to start the season? Did you pick the Packers in the NFCC? You made a ton of bold "predictions" and called people dumb for not seeing the signs.

Don't throw out your shoulder patting yourself on the back. You claimed the whole thing is rigged and you had the cypher.

He picked it elsewhere, just not here. Where? Oh you wouldn't know them. Yeah, that's the ticket.

https://media.makeameme.org/created/thats-my-wife-5bc538.jpg

Zool
02-03-2020, 08:33 AM
He picked it elsewhere, just not here. Where? Oh you wouldn't know them. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Oh man! I had totally forgotten about that skit. To the YouTube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ucJN8cRDqM

Vincenzo
02-03-2020, 09:09 AM
I’m not one to start complaining too much about officiating unless it’s blatant, but did anyone else think the helmet to helmet roughing the passer “non-call” on Garoppolo was blatant?

Joemailman
02-03-2020, 09:16 AM
I’m not one to start complaining too much about officiating unless it’s blatant, but did anyone else think the helmet to helmet roughing the passer “non-call” on Garoppolo was blatant?

Yes. Don't know if they just missed it, or if they let it go in the Super Bowl because they didn't find it egregious. Looked like Garoppolo was at least temporarily affected by it though.

George Cumby
02-03-2020, 09:17 AM

I don't buy that assertion at all.

Something Patler mentioned YEARS ago about SB Champs is they have to go through adversity, to be tested, hard, to find their mettle.

KC was behind in both of their PO games and had to come roaring back.

SF never trailed in the PO's until yesterday.

KC was confident, they'd been there before and knew they could come from behind, SF had it too easy with patsies like the Packers on the menu.

Mahomes > Garofolo

Cheesehead Craig
02-03-2020, 09:49 AM
When KC gets hot, it's an avalanche. In their 3 playoff games where they were down the most, 24-0 to Houston, 17-7 to TN and 20-10 to SF, they finished those 3 games a combined 100-14. That's just amazing.

gbgary
02-03-2020, 10:01 AM
great game. shakira. bill murray.

MadtownPacker
02-03-2020, 10:03 AM
Little shanahan played to not lose just like he did versus Patriots when he was with Atlanta. Same thing pretty much. Kept calling pass plays that failed and allowed the opponent to get the ball back quickly.

Gotarace
02-03-2020, 10:29 AM
Little shanahan played to not lose just like he did versus Patriots when he was with Atlanta. Same thing pretty much. Kept calling pass plays that failed and allowed the opponent to get the ball back quickly.
Can't argue with this...We watched Stubby do this season after season when the Packers got the lead also.

mraynrand
02-03-2020, 10:41 AM
Can't argue with this...We watched Stubby do this season after season when the Packers got the lead also.

except that it's upside down. The conservative approach would have been to run the ball, especially since they are so good at it and had three TOs when they were down 24-20. Even so, they took their shot. Mahommes completed his deep shot, Crappola failed.

run pMc
02-03-2020, 11:32 AM
I thought Damian Williams should have gotten the MVP, although Mahomes played good enough I guess.
I don't think Shanahan had a bad plan necessarily, they just weren't able to execute it nearly as well as they did vs. GB. They were the #1 running team, that's what got them to the SB so they're going to keep doing it.
SF only had 54 plays (incl punts) and KC was able to stop enough running plays to make Jimmy throw. KC ran almost 20 more plays than SF, and Mahomes >> Garopolo.

Spagnolo sent 6 after Jimmy G a few times and he tended to panic and threw a few bad throws (incl the INT to Breeland).

Patler
02-03-2020, 02:07 PM
Little shanahan played to not lose just like he did versus Patriots when he was with Atlanta. Same thing pretty much. Kept calling pass plays that failed and allowed the opponent to get the ball back quickly.Can't argue with this...We watched Stubby do this season after season when the Packers got the lead also.
except that it's upside down. The conservative approach would have been to run the ball, especially since they are so good at it and had three TOs when they were down 24-20. Even so, they took their shot. Mahommes completed his deep shot, Crappola failed.

It's not a conservative/unconservative thing. What SF did, and what we really complained about with McCarthy, is the coach tryin to COACH or PLAY CALL his team to victory, instead of just letting his team do what it does best. For the Packers most of the time, that was putting the ball in the QB's hand and moving the ball through the air. Continuing to score. For SF this year, it was letting their O-line and runningbacks take over and a strong pass rush to make things difficult for a team coming back.

SF had a three point lead, 2nd down and 5 yards to go with five and a half minutes remaining. Shanahan lost sight of what they did best and turned to Garafolo to win the game. They punted just 9 seconds later on the game clock. He tried to coach or play call his team to a win. He did not trust his team to win by doing what it did best. Getting 5 yards in two running plays.

By this time, teams are what they are, but most importantly teams have to KNOW what they are and trust that they can win that way. For some teams, that can be doing the unexpected. For SF this year, it was pounding the ball. In this game, the runningbacks were averaging about 5/carry, and they were never stopped on consecutive running plays. Relying on Garapolo was not the way to go.

When crunch time came, Shanahan did not trust his team to win by playing to its strength.

call_me_ishmael
02-03-2020, 03:09 PM
It's not a conservative/unconservative thing. What SF did, and what we really complained about with McCarthy, is the coach tryin to COACH or PLAY CALL his team to victory, instead of just letting his team do what it does best. For the Packers most of the time, that was putting the ball in the QB's hand and moving the ball through the air. Continuing to score. For SF this year, it was letting their O-line and runningbacks take over and a strong pass rush to make things difficult for a team coming back.

SF had a three point lead, 2nd down and 5 yards to go with five and a half minutes remaining. Shanahan lost sight of what they did best and turned to Garafolo to win the game. They punted just 9 seconds later on the game clock. He tried to coach or play call his team to a win. He did not trust his team to win by doing what it did best. Getting 5 yards in two running plays.

By this time, teams are what they are, but most importantly teams have to KNOW what they are and trust that they can win that way. For some teams, that can be doing the unexpected. For SF this year, it was pounding the ball. In this game, the runningbacks were averaging about 5/carry, and they were never stopped on consecutive running plays. Relying on Garapolo was not the way to go.

When crunch time came, Shanahan did not trust his team to win by playing to its strength.

Good post. I agree. That said, it's a tough spot to be in. Glad it's not me.

pbmax
02-03-2020, 03:22 PM

Barnwell came up with two plays that he thinks should have been runs. One was Patler’s example, the other he thinks JimmyG audibled our of.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28624233/barnwell-super-bowl-liv-andy-reid-masterpiece-how-chiefs-came-back-49ers-blew-it

KC stacked the box successfully on some plays and Jones and Suggs got some pressure.

mraynrand
02-03-2020, 04:11 PM
For the record my definition of conservative playcalling is bread and butter low risk stuff. Regardless of what you call it I was surprised at the high risk calls when SF has their run game and Crappola was not looking great. That is all.

Joemailman
02-03-2020, 04:50 PM
Super Bowl was 10th most watched in history.

2 main reasons in my opinion:

Mahomes

People were glad to see someone other than Patriots representing AFC.

pbmax
02-03-2020, 05:28 PM
Chris Sims with the case for passing on that second and 5. Note: he doesn't mention 8 man box. Looks like a good play call. But better play by Jones than Garrrrrappppollloo.

https://twitter.com/CSimmsQB/status/1224374358128328708

call_me_ishmael
02-03-2020, 11:10 PM
Something that jumped out to me was how well - if you'll call it that - Eric Fischer did against Nick Bosa relative to Bakhtiari. Has Bakhtiarri lost a step as Patler posited earlier in the season? I thought he seemed to play well towards the end of the year.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-03-2020, 11:40 PM
For the record my definition of conservative playcalling is bread and butter low risk stuff. Regardless of what you call it I was surprised at the high risk calls when SF has their run game and Crappola was not looking great. That is all.

Take this shit to FYI, yo!

Btw, which team won the fucking game?

scharpcheddar
02-04-2020, 12:56 AM

lol like you dont know.. liar

Anti-Polar Bear
02-04-2020, 05:07 AM
lol like you dont know.. liar

I don’t. Usually, I checkout espn.com and packerrats.com daily while eating or shitting. However, I have not visit any sports sites since I turned off the TV at halftime of the 69ers debacle. Even subscribed to Amazon Kindle, to keep mind occupied with ebooks instead sporting news.

Since I don’t know the final score of the 69ers-Pack game, in my mind, the Packers have never lost that game.

hoosier
02-04-2020, 07:39 AM

What SF does best isn't just run, run, run the ball. It's run, run and then play action pass. If the 2nd-and-5 call had worked, he's a genius.

mraynrand
02-04-2020, 07:45 AM

The team from the great state of Kansas, of course!

pbmax
02-04-2020, 07:47 AM
Something that jumped out to me was how well - if you'll call it that - Eric Fischer did against Nick Bosa relative to Bakhtiari. Has Bakhtiarri lost a step as Patler posited earlier in the season? I thought he seemed to play well towards the end of the year.

Second game both Bach and Bulaga plays better than first. Had more trouble in middle.

Bosa owned Fisher for most of three quarters, but as has been the case in other games of theirs, their pass rush was done in the fourth quarter.

mraynrand
02-04-2020, 07:50 AM
I have not visit any sports sites since I turned off the TV at halftime of the 69ers debacle. Even subscribed to Amazon Kindle, to keep mind occupied with ebooks instead sporting news.

Since I don’t know the final score of the 69ers-Pack game, in my mind, the Packers have never lost that game.

I did something similar in 2007. Never watched that Giants/NE Super Bowl.

pbmax
02-04-2020, 08:17 AM
Hill's big 44 yard catch was a blown coverage.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001100968/article/kyle-shanahan-endures-another-devastating-super-bowl-collapse

Certainly Shanahan's blood was boiling inside about some of the mistakes that cost his team a title. A coverage breakdown on a third-and-15 play with 7:13 remaining -- cornerback Emmanuel Moseley, stationed on the outside of a three-deep zone, inexplicably ran with wideout Sammy Watkins on a crossing route underneath, allowing speedy receiver Tyreek Hill to get free on a post-corner route for a 44-yard completion from Mahomes that sparked the comeback -- was particularly galling.

pbmax
02-04-2020, 08:41 AM
Dan Orlovsky says sure, blown coverage, but for a specific reason:

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1224368353558568961

Anti-Polar Bear
02-04-2020, 08:46 AM
I did something similar in 2007. Never watched that Giants/NE Super Bowl.

I’ve been catching up on alotta of the shit Karl Marx wrote. Better go review your Adam Smith notes, cos, it’s about to get interesting in FYI. :)

pbmax
02-04-2020, 08:46 AM
Terrell Suggs covering George Kittle. Wasn't too bad. But this was get yourself out of a bad play football. Run when they expect pass, pass when they expect run.

https://twitter.com/Eric_Edholm/status/1224351026930692097

mraynrand
02-04-2020, 09:12 AM
I’ve been catching up on alotta of the shit Karl Marx wrote. Better go review your Adam Smith notes, cos, it’s about to get interesting in FYI. :)

i doubt it

George Cumby
02-04-2020, 02:39 PM
I don’t. Usually, I checkout espn.com and packerrats.com daily while eating or shitting.

I am so glad to hear that we get to share these moments with you.

I'm moved, really.

hoosier
02-04-2020, 02:42 PM
Kind of explains the quality of the product, doesn't it?

mraynrand
02-04-2020, 03:03 PM
I'm moved, really.

So, apparently, was he.

George Cumby
02-04-2020, 03:30 PM
So, apparently, was he.

I knew I could rely on you, PB or Zool.

mraynrand
02-04-2020, 03:53 PM
I knew I could rely on you, PB or Zool.

I can't approach APB-level coprophilia, but I'm still pretty Swift - on 'escatology'

George Cumby
02-04-2020, 06:12 PM
I can't approach APB-level coprophilia

Are you being modest?

Or perhaps......relieved?

Cheesehead Craig
02-04-2020, 06:36 PM
Are you being modest?

Or perhaps......relieved?

Just a little corny

Patler
02-06-2020, 08:42 AM
What SF does best isn't just run, run, run the ball. It's run, run and then play action pass. If the 2nd-and-5 call had worked, he's a genius.

Not a genius, just fortunate. Garoppolo was not throwing particularly well, and per Aikman (who I think actually has good commentary about QB play if you sift out the patronizing) was making questionable decisions from time to time. I didn't see a good reason for turning the game over to him.