PDA

View Full Version : Redskins/Vikings Game Thread

BallHawk
09-11-2006, 05:52 PM
As much as I despise the Vikings I expect them to win this game.

Vikings 24
Redskins 17

Rastak
09-11-2006, 05:57 PM
Hmmm, I'm not sure......I think the Vikes win 20-14

BallHawk
09-11-2006, 05:57 PM
Great opening.

TennesseePackerBacker
09-11-2006, 05:59 PM
i say the vikings win as well, atleast i hope they do, unfortunatly the road dog seemed like a good bet

justanotherpackfan
09-11-2006, 05:59 PM
I picked the Vikings in my weekly picks so they better win or else I don't win.

BallHawk
09-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Wow, that opening did not make any sense whatsoever.

Of couse, it is capped off with an Arnold Schawzeneger soundbite. :roll:

Fosco33
09-11-2006, 06:15 PM
This was my surprise pick - 11 on the confidence pool with a Washington win - Monday night, rookie coach, away.... Skins Win 30-21

Rastak
09-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Troy my man......... :smile:

BallHawk
09-11-2006, 06:22 PM
Wow, Rastak, you guys look great.

Rastak
09-11-2006, 06:22 PM
Sound the HORN!

chewy-bacca
09-11-2006, 06:23 PM
must be nice to have an o-line

Fosco33
Wrongwell - nice start :lol:

That could hurt after an impressive start.

BallHawk
How long until Longwell stars whining about that one?

Rastak
Damn Kluwe almost ran that in for 2......

Rastak
09-11-2006, 06:24 PM
Wrongwell - nice start :lol:

That could hurt after an impressive start.

I thought he was the kicker? Not the holder who dropped it.... :D

Fosco33
09-11-2006, 06:24 PM

Longwell stood there - if he would've ran w/ him, he just may have scored...

BallHawk
09-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Average kickoff by LW, about to the 10.

Rastak
09-11-2006, 06:26 PM

I'd rather he just stand there to be honest..,..concede the point and live to fight another day......

Fosco33
09-11-2006, 06:26 PM

I really miss those long kickoffs too :razz:

Fosco33
09-11-2006, 06:29 PM
The Packers tried that pass (the one to Moss) to DD yesterday with exactly the opposite result.

Rastak
09-11-2006, 06:29 PM
Nice play by Sharper on that tackle.....

Fosco33
09-11-2006, 06:33 PM

He broke up this last run too - didn't make the tackle but made the play.

Rastak
09-11-2006, 06:33 PM

He broke up this last run too - didn't make the tackle but made the play.

Yea, I saw that, nice play....

Rastak
09-11-2006, 06:35 PM
Lot of 3rd and 5's...

and not many stops......in fact no stops....

Rastak
09-11-2006, 06:38 PM
Finally.....

Fosco33
09-11-2006, 06:51 PM
Ooooohhh, Troy - thank you, thank you.....

Rastak
09-11-2006, 06:51 PM
Ooooohhh, Troy - thank you, thank you.....

Troy ain't Randy......

Rastak
09-11-2006, 06:54 PM
If he keeps beating his guy they will need to get the safety's out of the box...he's gotta hang on to the damn thing though.....

Rastak
09-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Well, no interest in this game so I'll check out....Vikings are playing very undisiplined football....they need to clean stuff up or they won't be winning on the road tonight.

Hey, didn't you guys tell me Sharper didn't hit people?

HarveyWallbangers
09-11-2006, 07:39 PM
That hit by Sharper is a textbook penalty for hitting with your helmet (not that I agree with the rule). I'm surprised nobody brought it up. Then again, it is the ESPN crew.I wouldn't be surprised if he got fined this week.

HarveyWallbangers
09-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Looks like it's just you in here, Rastak! I won't be here long. I just wanted to read about the Koren Robinson signing. What a joke!

TennesseePackerBacker
09-11-2006, 07:45 PM
ah im here, a packer fan cheering for the vikings...it feels so wrong, need them to cover a 10 pt spread though

Rastak
09-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Looks like it's just you in here, Rastak! I won't be here long. I just wanted to read about the Koren Robinson signing. What a joke!

Halftime, I'm back...yea I just don't understand that Robinson signing but what the heck. I wonder what the board thinks of this move?

edit: I mean the Packers board not this one...LOL

Fosco33
09-11-2006, 08:50 PM
BS personal foul call on Taylor - that's just a ball call - if it costs them points/the game, we should all be pissed (except Rastak). Come on people, we could be all one game out from the Bears (w/ the Pack the only division loss though).

Fosco33
09-11-2006, 08:53 PM
BS personal foul call on Taylor - that's just a ball call - if it costs them points/the game, we should all be pissed (except Rastak). Come on people, we could be all one game out from the Bears (w/ the Pack the only division loss though).

Well, they didn't score, but gained like 40 yards in field position...

Fosco33
09-11-2006, 09:05 PM
It looks like the Vikings are gonna pull this one out despite a rowdy crowd - they're feeding off bigger plays and penalties in the 4th quarter - not looking good for Pack fans.

Rastak
09-11-2006, 09:08 PM
Exciting game that's for sure.......

Fosco33
09-11-2006, 09:10 PM
Exciting game that's for sure.......

Much better than yesterday. You guys have a good team :cry:

Taylor looks strong behind a dominating line (Hutchinson looks amazing). I'm impressed that Johnson still has it - if you would've had a couple less drops and better ST play, I'd give you a A-. As it stands, I'd say a B.

Fosco33
09-11-2006, 09:14 PM
:evil: :twisted: :evil:

KYPack
09-11-2006, 09:14 PM
Please Miss!

Posted with 1:04

KYPack
09-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Shit!

Posted with 1:00

Fosco33
09-11-2006, 09:16 PM
Shit!

Posted with 1:00

I see you're looking for braggin rights in our pick 'em - I'm on your tail :cool:

Fosco33
09-11-2006, 09:17 PM
NICE!

Fosco33
09-11-2006, 09:19 PM
It's gonna be on the former Badger - get me into OT baby!

Fosco33
09-11-2006, 09:20 PM
:shock:

Rastak
YEAAAAAAAAA.....

Fucking aye, road win against a playoff team....bye bye Tice.....

RashanGary
Good...

The rest of the division looks pretty good. We could lose 11 and get a top 10 pick :)

RIPackerFan
09-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Good win by the Vikings.

Sucks though.

Kiwon
09-11-2006, 09:22 PM
Childress - 1 MM - 0.

Rastak
09-11-2006, 09:22 PM
Good...

The rest of the division looks pretty good. We could lose 11 and get a top 10 pick :)

Damn Jennings, I don't get you...you actually rooted against your team last year and now you cheer your enemy....I don't get it....

Fosco33
09-11-2006, 09:23 PM
I'm sure Childress was used to Hall choking during their days together at UW. Damnit!

MadtownPacker
09-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Good...

Damn Jennings, I don't get you...you actually rooted against your team last year and now you cheer your enemy....I don't get it....Haha, got him pinned there Rastak. Probably roots against other shit too.

Bretsky
09-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Hall was often a choker; while he had the strongest leg I've witnesses, there were several kickers more clutch to come through the UW.

Congrads to Brad Childress; he did a great job at the UW and looked solid tonight as well. Time will tell as for his long term future, but you have to be impressed by him and the Vikings tonight.

The days of the Vikings Wayne Fonte curse...aka...Mike Tice may be gone.

RashanGary
09-11-2006, 09:56 PM
Damn Jennings, I don't get you...you actually rooted against your team last year and now you cheer your enemy....I don't get it....

I care about championships. I think Thompson is a good GM and will land a great player if he gets another shot. I would rather the division be really strong and we play well but just not good enough to beat a tough Minnesota, Chicago and what looks to be improved Lions team. If we're better but the division is also better that means we lose a lot of games, get a great draft pick but also improve as a team and look to be building a team with the ability to win important games.

Again, you don't win championships without playmakers. The best way to get them is with high draft picks. We could use one more great one and we'd be turning into a dangerous team. So yes, I am hoping for losses but it's not becuase I don't want the Packers to win the SB, it's because I want them to and I don't think they have enough playmakers to get there yet. In short, I'm rooting for the Packers but because of my belief that we need a true playmaker and have to get it through the draft, I hope we lose in the short term to win over the long haul. I hope that makes sense. Basically, I have no hope for this year so I'd rather see us lose the close ones. Minnesota playing well means we should lose 2 more. That is a good thing if we get Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson or Paul Polsluzny.

KYPack
09-12-2006, 08:06 AM

I had the Skins, too Fos.

Hall hit that field goal, ya still don't pass me.

I'm in the 3 hole, hiding, ya know.

Guiness
09-12-2006, 08:51 AM

I care about championships. I think Thompson is a good GM and will land a great player if he gets another shot. I would rather the division be really strong and we play well but just not good enough to beat a tough Minnesota, Chicago and what looks to be improved Lions team. If we're better but the division is also better that means we lose a lot of games, get a great draft pick but also improve as a team and look to be building a team with the ability to win important games.

Again, you don't win championships without playmakers. The best way to get them is with high draft picks. We could use one more great one and we'd be turning into a dangerous team. So yes, I am hoping for losses but it's not becuase I don't want the Packers to win the SB, it's because I want them to and I don't think they have enough playmakers to get there yet. In short, I'm rooting for the Packers but because of my belief that we need a true playmaker and have to get it through the draft, I hope we lose in the short term to win over the long haul. I hope that makes sense. Basically, I have no hope for this year so I'd rather see us lose the close ones. Minnesota playing well means we should lose 2 more. That is a good thing if we get Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson or Paul Polsluzny.

Warning: http://www.bmts.com/~g-dog/hijacked.gif

Gota call http://www.bmts.com/~g-dog/willybs.gif on this idea.
Don't go down that winding path, GJ. Winning begets winning. A winning attitude is much more important. That's why you have the perenial basement dwellers, despite high draft picks year after year.

What do you think Lombardi woulda said to your idea???

Fosco33
09-12-2006, 08:51 AM

I had the Skins, too Fos.

Hall hit that field goal, ya still don't pass me.

I'm in the 3 hole, hiding, ya know.

I know - I'm comfortable with my weekly performance - better than my picks against the spread (fricken 7.5 on SF-ARI killed me).

Cobra Kai
09-12-2006, 10:04 AM
I'm going to side track a little here cause I don't think this deserves its own thread...

How many of you watch both games? Even though the Raider/Charger game was a stinker did anyone else think that the crew of Nessler, Vermiel, and Jawarski did a lot better job than Tirico, Thiesman, and Kornhiesser. ESPN picked the wrong crew for MNF...

Zool
09-12-2006, 10:08 AM
I'm going to side track a little here cause I don't think this deserves its own thread...

How many of you watch both games? Even though the Raider/Charger game was a stinker did anyone else think that the crew of Nessler, Vermiel, and Jawarski did a lot better job than Tirico, Thiesman, and Kornhiesser. ESPN picked the wrong crew for MNF...PREACH ON BROTHA! Maybe we should start a petition to have Theisman killed?

Sweep the leg Johnny!

KYPack
09-12-2006, 09:21 PM

How many of you watch both games? Even though the Raider/Charger game was a stinker did anyone else think that the crew of Nessler, Vermiel, and Jawarski did a lot better job than Tirico, Thiesman, and Kornhiesser. ESPN picked the wrong crew for MNF...

Vermiel is a little stiff, but he is real. when he comments you have to think "that's a coach talkin".

I love Jaws, even tho he gets hated on a lot.

I watched quite a bit of the 2nd game. The Bolts are strong, but ALL Marty coached teams must fold at the end of the season, League rule.

MJZiggy
09-12-2006, 10:37 PM
How come Kurt's teams can't last that long?

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-12-2006, 10:46 PM

You know many top 5/10 picks turn out to be busts right? And you do know that Randy Moss, Ed Reed, and Javon Walker, and other were all picked after pick number 20 right? How can you want the packers to lose now, just to have a high draft pick. You should always want good drafts, no matter were you pick and always try to remain competive.

OS PA
09-13-2006, 02:55 AM
Yay!!! only 15 more losses to guarantee us Reggie Bus... wait that was what most people were saying last year.

Winning is not everything, it's the only thing!