PDA

View Full Version : Favre rumor

Merlin
09-11-2006, 06:38 PM
KTLK radio out of Mn reported that Favre may announce his retirement tommorow. Evidently Farve is unhappy with the team. Not sure on their source.

I don't see Favre quitting on this team.

Fosco33
09-11-2006, 06:40 PM
KTLK radio out of Mn reported that Favre may announce his retirement tommorow. Evidently Favre is unhappy with the team. Not sure on their source.

I don't see Favre quitting on this team.

BS

Plus, he just passed that window for the big pay day - I don't see him dishonoring his career and contract like that.

Jimx29
09-11-2006, 06:40 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/numbnutz/smilies/smilie_shens.gif

MadtownPacker
09-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Hell after yesrterday I felt like retiring from my job.

Fosco33
09-11-2006, 06:43 PM
Hell after yesrterday I felt like retiring from my job.

If you get $10 M to run this site, I'll gladly quit my job and take over your salary :D

BEARMAN
09-11-2006, 06:45 PM
LOL@Mad ! I had a wounderful night sleep btw, hope you all are well rested and ready for this new week.

GO BEARS !

Bretsky
09-11-2006, 06:57 PM
LOL@Mad ! I had a wounderful night sleep btw, hope you all are well rested and ready for this new week.

GO BEARS !

Congrads on the win; I sure wish you would have attended the game in my place. I'd have been happier sitting at the bar pounding for three hours in Green Bay.

B

MJZiggy
09-11-2006, 07:07 PM
Don't Minnesota radio stations announce his retirement at least twice a week?

potsdam_11
09-11-2006, 07:15 PM

None in this part of the State, but they often times, have Viking Fan crow eating contests...... :D

... although this year, I suspect that will not be necessary..

Merlin
09-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Well to be honest, they also said that McCarthy was going to put Rodgers in but didn't. That was a manipulation of what McCarthy actually said. He didn't say it in that context, he meant it as a pregame thought if the game was a blowout. It never crossed his mind during the game to put Rodgers in. The station is reputable but the announcers for the Vikings broadcast are obviously bias and are not employees of the station. With that said, I sent the first post via my BlackBerry driving home and couldn't type all that info and still stay on the road!

My son also heard something from ESPN about it but I seriously doubt this rumor. Supposedly it comes from a very good source inside the Packers organization but if no one around here has heard of it then it's as big a rumor as Brett's weekly press conference during training camp where he was supposed to announce his retirement and he was like WTF are you talking about?

red
09-11-2006, 07:30 PM

yeah, are these the same dumb shits that tried to tell us this a couple weeks ago?

i think if this was really happening, we'd be hearing about it all over, some ho-dumb half assed little radio station in minnesota wouldn't be the first one to find out

and brett just had an interview today, and said nothing about quiting

MJZiggy
09-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Besides, why would he quit on the day TT signed him a 2nd receiver?

MadtownPacker
09-11-2006, 07:43 PM
If you get $10 M to run this site, I'll gladly quit my job and take over your salary :D
I only run this place for the love of the Pack and cuz its the only way I can get white people to talk to me! :mrgreen:

Merlin
09-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Besides, why would he quit on the day TT signed him a 2nd receiver?

The thing about the Robinson signing that bothers me is that under any other GM for Green Bay it wouldn't have happened. The Packers hardly EVER sign a player with the issues this guy has. Usually when they find out they cut their asses. This is a prime example of TT signing "his guy". Porter and that guy from the Patriots, Branch? Porter especially would have been a better signing then Robinson, but once again TT signs "his guy" without even looking at any other options. So we signed a guy that will play for a few games then be suspended for a year from the NFL. Way to go TT!!!

TT is trying to make this HIS TEAM and the problem is, IT'S OUR TEAM. 28 players on the roster with 2 years or less experience? WTF? Are we now the Milwaukee Brewers of the NFL? You know, the only pro-farm team in MLB?

I truly hope that Robinson can contribute, he has the skills. I don't knock him for that. However, the game got cut by two teams because he couldn't keep his shit straight, what? 3rd time is the charm?

MJZiggy
09-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Robinson only "has" to contribute until Blackmon is ready to go and has had some reps and practice time. I keep saying Robinson is just a temp worker--unless he completely stays sober and performs. If not, he only needs to make it a few weeks.

ND72
09-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Blackmon is a cornerback....

woodbuck27
09-11-2006, 08:27 PM
:lol: Sure.

ND72
09-11-2006, 08:30 PM
he is :? ...he was a CB in college for 3 years, a WR for 1 cause his team needed it....he has a CB number, and is listed with the CB's...do you think they'd have a rookie spend his entire first 4 months of the NFL listening to every meeting with CB's just to play him at WR? :crazy:

Brohm
Blackmon is also in the mix for both kickoff and punt return duties when he is ready to go. I don't think he will be taking on any receiving duties...he needs to be developed as a DB.

woodbuck27
I only run this place for the love of the Pack and cuz its the only way I can get white people to talk to me! :mrgreen:

Mad too much?

" Remember the Alimo " ? :lol:

Joemailman
09-11-2006, 08:31 PM
Blackmon is a cornerback....

I think she was referring to the fact that Robinson and Blackmon both return kicks.

ND72
09-11-2006, 08:32 PM
well that's what i thought, but the rest of the conversations didn't seem that way.

woodbuck27
09-11-2006, 08:33 PM

GO BEARS !

BEARMAN? Passing up hibernation this year? :razz:

GO PACK GO ! PACKER FAN FAITH !!