PDA

View Full Version : Non-Alcoholic Beverages

Radagast
02-22-2020, 09:31 PM
Most of us are not drinking alcoholic beverages 100 % of the time. Coffee, Tea, Water, Sodas, Hot Chocolate and other beverages are consumed.

I really like fresh squeezed Limeade (non-carbonated).

What's in your glass/cup?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSJ4rS4gRGpdi-9mkvK5HoIqmGdf9gTo4doi56j3IPaDTwa_Z_U

George Cumby
02-23-2020, 08:50 AM
Kirkland sparkling water.

Zool
02-23-2020, 10:50 AM
I'm fully hooked on Bai water. But I've pretty much stopped drinking any soda, so that's nice.

Radagast
02-23-2020, 07:15 PM
https://www.dpsgproductfacts.com/smedia/dpsgproductfacts.com/www/product_images/medium/YOOHOO_CHOCOLATE_DRINK_CANBOTTLE_15_5.png

texaspackerbacker
02-23-2020, 08:23 PM
You can now buy a gallon of real chocolate milk - not just the chocolate drink stuff, the real thing with real taste - for $3.10. I consume a lot of that, but unlike some, I have not fallen for the propaganda about good normal definitely not sugar-free soda pop. I gulp down more of that even than chocolate milk. In a slight concession to being "health conscious", though, I do drink plenty of water. Hell no, not bottled, just tap water which I put in plastic bottles and refrigerate.

I don't have any particular philosophical opposition to coffee or tea or alcoholic beverages; I just hate the taste of those. If others want to drink those, fine. It's a free country.

Radagast
02-23-2020, 10:09 PM
yoohoo, for me, is not a drink that I purchase at the grocery store. It is however a beverage that I might buy once a year at a convenience store to satisfy a recurring lifetime craving. I find that it goes especially good with a slice of pound cake. This annual event usually takes place early in the mourning of a beautiful summer day.

This time of the year coffee or tea are my favorites. However water serves as my normal hydrating beverage. I do like a cold beer or a mixed drink, but such beverages I reserve for social/family occasions.

Any Hot Chocolate drinkers out there ?

call_me_ishmael
02-24-2020, 01:20 AM
Kirkland sparkling water.

What kind? They have so many of them. I am a huge sparkling water fan these days.

call_me_ishmael
02-24-2020, 01:21 AM
I'm fully hooked on Bai water. But I've pretty much stopped drinking any soda, so that's nice.

This is the good shit right here but holy balls is it expensive. Plus my wife says the coconut has the consistency and look of jizz.

Radagast
02-24-2020, 01:34 AM
I like the flavored water as well, but are there not home methods to get the same or better cheaper. Lemon juice, cherry or vanilla extracts, etc.?

hoosier
02-24-2020, 07:25 AM
You can now buy a gallon of real chocolate milk - not just the chocolate drink stuff, the real thing with real taste - for $3.10. I consume a lot of that, but unlike some, I have not fallen for the propaganda about good normal definitely not sugar-free soda pop. I gulp down more of that even than chocolate milk. In a slight concession to being "health conscious", though, I do drink plenty of water. Hell no, not bottled, just tap water which I put in plastic bottles and refrigerate.

I don't have any particular philosophical opposition to coffee or tea or alcoholic beverages; I just hate the taste of those. If others want to drink those, fine. It's a free country.

Let me guess...You like your steaks well done and with ketchup.

Zool
02-24-2020, 07:34 AM
This is the good shit right here but holy balls is it expensive. Plus my wife says the coconut has the consistency and look of jizz.

$1/can at Costco, and there is no coconut. That shit is nasty. V8 has an energy drink that is 50% juice now and twice the caffeine of Bai at half the cost when on sale. It's pretty good.

mraynrand
02-24-2020, 08:22 AM

I'm just going to leave this post alone, except to say that it reminds me how much I miss Skinbasket and the comments he would most certainly have dropped on this one.

mraynrand
02-24-2020, 08:23 AM

cube steaks, but with mustard and tater tots for me.

call_me_ishmael
02-24-2020, 09:45 AM
$1/can at Costco, and there is no coconut. That shit is nasty. V8 has an energy drink that is 50% juice now and twice the caffeine of Bai at half the cost when on sale. It's pretty good.

That's not too bad, I'll have to get on this train again because they are delicious. A few years back my work would always stock 'em but they were a few bucks a piece at Pick N Save. They sure are tasty though, jizz flavored ones aside lol

Zool
02-24-2020, 10:30 AM
That's not too bad, I'll have to get on this train again because they are delicious. A few years back my work would always stock 'em but they were a few bucks a piece at Pick N Save. They sure are tasty though, jizz flavored ones aside lol

I just realized you’re talking about the bottles? The cans are what I’m on now. They are carbonated.

Radagast
02-24-2020, 06:03 PM
Any juice fans out there?

I like most juices, but Cranberry Juice is my favorite.

hoosier
02-24-2020, 08:05 PM
Rye juice, yum.

Radagast
02-24-2020, 10:22 PM
Rye juice, yum.

This thread is about non-alcoholic beverages. Now go drink a glass of tomato juice.

texaspackerbacker
02-24-2020, 11:06 PM

Medium Rare, and I hate ketchup. I basically am the ultimate anti-vegetarian. Pure meat with nothing but salt. Yeah, Radagast, I know the thread is about non-alcoholic drinks. Sorry, just responding.

Radagast
02-25-2020, 12:35 AM
Medium Rare, and I hate ketchup. I basically am the ultimate anti-vegetarian. Pure meat with nothing but salt. Yeah, Radagast, I know the thread is about non-alcoholic drinks. Sorry, just responding.

Steaks are also non-alcoholic. I too enjoy a fine cut of meat, but I don't want to sit down to a meal that needs a tournakit. I prefer my meats grilled or roasted to the more cooked side of medium. Also, if the occasion calls for it, A1 Steak Sauce is my prefered condiment

Returning back to the original threads topic, fruit juice was once a favorite enjoyed by all ages. Now advertising tends to target the very young as juice drinkers. I can certainly enjoy a nice, cold glass of apple juice or grape juice. And it's good for you too.

mraynrand
02-25-2020, 07:16 AM
Steaks are also non-alcoholic.

I learn new things here at Packerrats.

hoosier
02-25-2020, 07:29 AM
This thread is about non-alcoholic beverages. Now go drink a glass of tomato juice.

Bloody Mary, mmmmm.......

mraynrand
02-25-2020, 11:00 AM

hahahahahaha

Freak Out
02-25-2020, 02:57 PM
lol @ this thread

esoxx
02-25-2020, 05:28 PM

There's nothing like a virgin BM.

Very refreshing

Joemailman
02-25-2020, 05:45 PM
https://www.dpsgproductfacts.com/smedia/dpsgproductfacts.com/www/product_images/medium/YOOHOO_CHOCOLATE_DRINK_CANBOTTLE_15_5.png

This made me remember this stuff from my childhood.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/tgIAAOSw0A9aKpYg/s-l640.jpg

hoosier
02-25-2020, 06:52 PM
There's nothing like a virgin BM.

Very refreshing

I like my Mary's.... experienced

hoosier
02-25-2020, 06:54 PM
lol @ this thread

You got something constructive to add or you just gonna yap? Yapping, in case you haven't heard, is not permitted in this thread.

mraynrand
02-25-2020, 08:05 PM
You got something constructive to add or you just gonna yap? Yapping, in case you haven't heard, is not permitted in this thread.

Non alcoholic yapping is permitted.

3irty1
02-26-2020, 09:06 AM
I like my Mary's.... experienced

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to hoosier again."

3irty1
02-26-2020, 09:26 AM
I live in a house with two women so of course we buy La Croix by the truckload. Pamplemousse obviously. In principle I'm not against saving a buck on the knock off grapefruit fart water but every single one of the imitators are pink grapefruit and the ladies insist it's just not the same. Wish it came in kegs.

Radagast
02-27-2020, 07:14 PM
Anyone ever gather their own mint leaves, sassafras roots, dandelion leaves, or such to brew a tea or flavor a beverage. It has been a very long time, but I have brewed sassafras tea before. Good Stuff.

George Cumby
02-28-2020, 10:44 PM
I miss Klarbrunn sparkling water. LaCroix a close second.

But the Kirkland so cheap

mraynrand
02-28-2020, 11:01 PM
Anyone ever gather their own mint leaves, sassafras roots, dandelion leaves, or such to brew a tea or flavor a beverage. It has been a very long time, but I have brewed sassafras tea before. Good Stuff.

Johnny, have you ever drunk blueberry hibiscus tea while smoking peyote in the desert?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdgfQAKdS70

3irty1
03-03-2020, 05:14 PM
I have good news. Aldi's Faux Croix is regular grapefruit, NOT pink grapefruit. If this goes over I can probably retire by 40.

Personally, I just drink water. Milwaukee tap water is easily the best I've encountered so there must be something to that beer making lore. Important to me is also having lead pipes. Lead gets a bad rap but in this feminizing environment of widespread xenoestrogen pollution its a necessary supplement to correct a guy's aggression levels.

Radagast
03-04-2020, 02:02 AM
I don't care for LaCroix myself, but I know some that do. A matter of taste really.

When I was a child I drank gallons of Milk and Kool-Aid as well. It is most rare now that I ever drink either. "Simply Limeade" is now my favorite non-alcoholic beverage. Orange Juice as well is most enjoyable. Cranberry Juice is also in my top yen.

I still do occasionally enjoy a Soda, but I've lost my taste for cola drinks. An Orange Soda or a Sprite on occasion is ok. Sodas are not on my regular buy list at my grocery store. Ginger Ale is my favorite mixer with Bourbon.

I can't recall the last Root Beer Float I enjoyed, but will not turn one down if offered one for a dessert. Sherbert and Sprite also make a fine dessert treat.

mraynrand
03-04-2020, 07:15 AM
I have good news. Aldi's Faux Croix is regular grapefruit, NOT pink grapefruit. If this goes over I can probably retire by 40.

Personally, I just drink water. Milwaukee tap water is easily the best I've encountered so there must be something to that beer making lore. Important to me is also having lead pipes. Lead gets a bad rap but in this feminizing environment of widespread xenoestrogen pollution its a necessary supplement to correct a guy's aggression levels.

Milwaukee water is more tasty due to the trip it takes through the 'deep tunnel.'

https://www.scientificamerican.com/slideshow/sewer-diving-milwaukee-tunnel/

Iron Mike
03-05-2020, 01:10 PM
The days of diversity are long gone...

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images1/1/0513/25/vintage-flat-top-soda-lot-50-cans_1_765f18c78cd9d580f5b3e341c7214388.jpg
https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images3/1/0513/25/vintage-flat-top-soda-lot-50-cans_1_765f18c78cd9d580f5b3e341c7214388.jpg