PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo: Coronavirus And Sports

Pages : 1 2 [3]

LEWCWA
03-27-2020, 11:10 AM
Well can't alcoholics can die without it? Same reason you can order beer in a hospital bed?
Hey i'm all for it, what the hell!

Zool
03-27-2020, 11:13 AM
Hey i'm all for it, what the hell!

Me too. When Amazon starts delivering liquor, then we can talk about shutting them down.

sharpe1027
03-27-2020, 02:41 PM
Someone just ran the numbers this morning:

"He now says both that the U.K. should have enough ICU beds and that the coronavirus will probably kill under 20,000 people in the U.K. - more than 1/2 of whom would have died by the end of the year in any case bc they were so old and sick."
https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1243134237773107200

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2238578-uk-has-enough-intensive-care-units-for-coronavirus-expert-predicts/

"expert predicts"

Thanks for this. This model assumed people are kept home and stresses the importance of social distancing measures.

I would be interested in what the model showed if you don't have robust transmission mitigation.

George Cumby
03-27-2020, 08:34 PM
https://i.redd.it/h2i8h2v3z8p41.jpg

bobblehead
03-28-2020, 08:55 AM
If Trump declared the earth to be round 90% of the people on the left would hysterically declare it to be flat. The media would immediately have experts on declaring how dangerous it is for the president to be saying things like this. Nancy would impeach him for defying the church.

If Trump (and MANY doctors and recovering patients) claimed Hydroxychloroquine showed great promise in helping patients survive and recover from wuhan flu than a bare minimum of 3 Democrat Governors would issue mandates BANNING doctors from prescribing it for Wuhan Flu. True story, the party of "its between a woman and her doctor...PERIOD" now wants to practice medicine.

bobblehead
03-28-2020, 08:56 AM
This is so stupid and obviously false.

Yet its proven true on a daily basis.

bobblehead
03-28-2020, 08:58 AM

Does that take population into account?

bobblehead
03-28-2020, 09:05 AM

So the bottom country on that graph is japan. With 1400 cases and 44 deaths its over a 3% death rate and 6.7% infected rate. U.S. is at a .28% infected rate and 1.5% death rate. I would say that link is EXTREMELY misleading at best.

Edit: South Korea has comparable numbers to the U.S. but looks WAY better on that link. In the end we will have a higher percentage of cases than south korea, but that is due to many factors. In the end, we are doing better than most of the world at this, and as a top tourist destination in the world, we were over exposed.

If Trump made one big mistake it was not banning ALL international travel the day he banned travel from China. They called him names as it was, but truth is he didn't go far enough.

Fosco33
03-28-2020, 09:23 AM
Lots of theories on NBA mid June, MLB til Xmas.

sharpe1027
03-28-2020, 09:36 AM
.Spain reported its biggest spike in coronavirus cases as bodies were transported to an ice rink in Madrid, which has been transformed into a provisional morgue to help relieve the pressure on hospitals and stretched funeral parlors.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/pascaledavies/2020/03/24/ice-rink-in-spain-becomes-makeshift-morgue-as-coronavirus-cases-surge/?fbclid=IwAR2AyjYLHuS-YeJWe0LzT2Rq6_rtf_gCUKDxRN1jPp4tmESqjahpymVAKVU#5e 5f954a4d8b

sharpe1027
03-28-2020, 10:22 AM
If Trump made one big mistake it was not banning ALL international travel the day he banned travel from China. They called him names as it was, but truth is he didn't go far enough.

Large scale testing to quarantine the infected worked pretty well in S. Korea. Banning all travel might have given us another week or two, but we did very little to prepare once the threat was known, which was more than a few weeks. Could have gotten the same benefit by taking decisive action early.

bobblehead
03-28-2020, 01:59 PM
Large scale testing to quarantine the infected worked pretty well in S. Korea. Banning all travel might have given us another week or two, but we did very little to prepare once the threat was known, which was more than a few weeks. Could have gotten the same benefit by taking decisive action early.

but we are a free country and we don't quarantine people against their will. Argue if we should or not, we don't. If Trump had tried that....well, I can only imagine the outrage. All this crap that is said in hindsight trying to bash Trump is just that, CRAP. The few measures he did take, the media and left were all over him for. No, the correct answer was to ban international travel when he banned travel from China. Other countries allowed china to rampantly come in and infect them. Italy is way pissed at china for allowing it (not taking any blame themselves for not stopping it). As it spread undetected to other countries and we still allowed their citizens here, it slowly got here. We could have avoided most of it with an international travel ban by Feb. 1st.

bobblehead
03-28-2020, 02:02 PM
Even now, when Trump is suggesting a travel ban in/out of NY and NJ people are losing their ever flipping minds. Absolutely I don't want people from the hotbed of the virus in the U.S. coming to my state and frolicking around. FFS people we either need to suspend civil liberties (which no one should be in favor of), or accept this is going to kill the infirm and the incredibly stupid who won't follow protocols. Personally I think this country needs a good enema.

sharpe1027
03-28-2020, 02:11 PM
but we are a free country and we don't quarantine people against their will. Argue if we should or not, we don't. If Trump had tried that....
The fuck we don't.

sharpe1027
03-28-2020, 02:15 PM
We could have avoided most of it with an international travel ban by Feb. 1st.
?
What do you mean by a avoiding "most" of it

Fosco33
03-28-2020, 02:34 PM
Trump shut down China flights like 1/30. It was a month too late. And lib media said it was unnecessary...

sharpe1027
03-28-2020, 02:45 PM
Trump shut down China flights like 1/30. It was a month too late. And lib media said it was unnecessary...

Can we not devovle the conversation into tribalism? Who gives a shit what someone writes in an opinion piece? Opinions are like assholes.

Fosco33
03-28-2020, 02:52 PM
Can we not devovle the conversation into tribalism? Who gives a shit what someone writes in an opinion piece? Opinions are like assholes.

You think it’s an opinion that the media roasted trump on the travel ban?

Or is the efficacy of a travel ban being beneficial being an opinion?

Self quarantining and social distancing are certainly popular opinions on how to bend the curve. Are those wrong too?

Get a grip. And if you think I’m a trump voter you’d be surprised. I hate both parties equally.

Fosco33
03-28-2020, 02:54 PM
Furthermore I tried multiple times to steer this thread to sports and it meanders back to whatever ppl believe (and their opinions).

sharpe1027
03-28-2020, 02:58 PM
You think it’s an opinion that the media roasted trump on the travel ban?

Or is the efficacy of a travel ban being beneficial being an opinion?

Self quarantining and social distancing are certainly popular opinions on how to bend the curve. Are those wrong too?

Get a grip. And if you think I’m a trump voter you’d be surprised. I hate both parties equally.

No, you misunderstood me. I'm saying why get all bent out of shape about opinions of some talking head on tv?

sharpe1027
03-28-2020, 02:59 PM
Furthermore I tried multiple times to steer this thread to sports and it meanders back to whatever ppl believe (and their opinions).

Well that's all well and good, but your post was certainly anything but, so I think it's a bit late to play that card.

oldbutnotdeadyet
03-28-2020, 03:03 PM
Even now, when Trump is suggesting a travel ban in/out of NY and NJ people are losing their ever flipping minds. Absolutely I don't want people from the hotbed of the virus in the U.S. coming to my state and frolicking around. FFS people we either need to suspend civil liberties (which no one should be in favor of), or accept this is going to kill the infirm and the incredibly stupid who won't follow protocols. Personally I think this country needs a good enema.

I think it would be a mistake to ban civil liberties, cause it is often tough to get them back.

I think Trump does not have authority, according to constitution, of quarantining the tri-state area.

I think this virus is the beginning of referenced enema.

I think this virus allows us to correct some of the crap that has built up in our economic and political systems, at least that is what I am hoping.

Fosco33
03-28-2020, 03:06 PM
Well that's all well and good, but your post was certainly anything but, so I think it's a bit late to play that card.

All good. It was just this morning that I posted about MLB/NBA on the thread that so I wouldn’t say too late.

I don’t care much about the talking heads. I do laugh about how people do live and die by their favorite heads opinion becoming fact. And your opinions (probably from other talking heads) are just as dumb imo.

Yours sound like herd immunity and heavy tracing. That would’ve required 300m tests and allowing the nsa to reintroduce the tracking that used to (and probably still) exists. No thanks.

mraynrand
03-28-2020, 04:33 PM

The virus killed sports leaving only the virus to talk about.

sharpe1027
03-28-2020, 05:54 PM
All good. It was just this morning that I posted about MLB/NBA on the thread that so I wouldn’t say too late.

I don’t care much about the talking heads. I do laugh about how people do live and die by their favorite heads opinion becoming fact. And your opinions (probably from other talking heads) are just as dumb imo.

Yours sound like herd immunity and heavy tracing. That would’ve required 300m tests and allowing the nsa to reintroduce the tracking that used to (and probably still) exists. No thanks.

No. Test widely early to identity as many carriers as possible. Your best chance to slow it down is right away. Once you get to a certain point, the options are to either put in widespread mitigation or say screw it and hope for the best.

Also, able to test everyone with some symptoms is good for more low tech reasons han what you describe, but ultimately that's not enough alone.

texaspackerbacker
03-28-2020, 05:54 PM
I was one of the people most pissed off when they shutdown the NBA and NCAA and MLB. I've changed my opinion on that based on the New Orleans situation - many more victims because of not shutting down Mardi Gras. Thus, I suppose we can assume crowds at games would have done the same in a lot of other cities.

This nightmare is taking a while, but it will end.

George Cumby
03-28-2020, 06:57 PM
I think it would be a mistake to ban civil liberties, cause it is often tough to get them back.

I think Trump does not have authority, according to constitution, of quarantining the tri-state area.

I think this virus is the beginning of referenced enema.

I think this virus allows us to correct some of the crap that has built up in our economic and political systems, at least that is what I am hoping.

Agreed.

call_me_ishmael
03-28-2020, 08:56 PM
Deaths doubles from 1000 to 2000 in two days. 4000 Monday. Fuck.

call_me_ishmael
03-28-2020, 08:58 PM
The shittiest thing is we haven’t left the house in 11 days or come within 100 meters of someone outside of my immediate family but the 12 weeks old is carrying a modest fever right now and wheezing like crazy. Freaking myself and especially my wife out. Three kids in and I can’t remember any of them breathing and making this crazy sound at night. Fortunately no other signs of duress but still freaky none the less.

Fosco33
03-28-2020, 10:07 PM
Bath or cool towel. Humidifier. Children’s Tylenol.

And coffee for you.

I remember when kids were that old. I’d watch them all night if I had to. But theyre tough and resilient.

LEWCWA
03-28-2020, 10:53 PM
I was one of the people most pissed off when they shutdown the NBA and NCAA and MLB. I've changed my opinion on that based on the New Orleans situation - many more victims because of not shutting down Mardi Gras. Thus, I suppose we can assume crowds at games would have done the same in a lot of other cities.

This nightmare is taking a while, but it will end.

holy crap! who hacked your account?

George Cumby
03-29-2020, 09:38 AM
The shittiest thing is we haven’t left the house in 11 days or come within 100 meters of someone outside of my immediate family but the 12 weeks old is carrying a modest fever right now and wheezing like crazy. Freaking myself and especially my wife out. Three kids in and I can’t remember any of them breathing and making this crazy sound at night. Fortunately no other signs of duress but still freaky none the less.

So scary, dude.

Hang in there.

Keep us updated.

George Cumby
03-29-2020, 09:39 AM
holy crap! who hacked your account?

lol

One of his left-leaning grand kids.

George Cumby
03-29-2020, 09:40 AM
https://covidtracking.com/us-daily/

Bretsky
03-29-2020, 09:48 AM
my best friend from NY has it; it's been a miserable 15 days for him so far

bobblehead
03-29-2020, 09:52 AM
No. Test widely early to identity as many carriers as possible. Your best chance to slow it down is right away. Once you get to a certain point, the options are to either put in widespread mitigation or say screw it and hope for the best.

Also, able to test everyone with some symptoms is good for more low tech reasons han what you describe, but ultimately that's not enough alone.

Again, you ask us not to be political, but this is tripe from the left. Testing 350 million people CAN NOT BE DONE. Many wouldn't show up to be tested. Even now, people are fleeing the tri state area instead of self quarantining. Testing only those with symptoms is pointless with a 2 week incubation.

People are stupid. They continue to disobey the orders that would help this the most. We had to remove the basketball hoops at the local park to stop the kids from playing. When I walk my dog, I see people rubbing each others dogs, standing side by side throwing spit covered balls for each others dogs. My own wife wants to run to the grocery store every damn day to get the one item she needs (I talk her out of it, but its usually a fight).

bobblehead
03-29-2020, 09:55 AM

Very sorry to hear that Ish, all differences aside. Get the little one tested asap. In my prayers. No one deserves this plague in their house.

sharpe1027
03-29-2020, 10:39 AM
Again, you ask us not to be political, but this is tripe from the left. Testing 350 million people CAN NOT BE DONE. Many wouldn't show up to be tested. Even now, people are fleeing the tri state area instead of self quarantining. Testing only those with symptoms is pointless with a 2 week incubation.

People are stupid. They continue to disobey the orders that would help this the most. We had to remove the basketball hoops at the local park to stop the kids from playing. When I walk my dog, I see people rubbing each others dogs, standing side by side throwing spit covered balls for each others dogs. My own wife wants to run to the grocery store every damn day to get the one item she needs (I talk her out of it, but its usually a fight).

You clearly have no idea of my political views. You don't test 300M people, but you also don't limit testing to primarily those who are hospitalized.

I watch virtually no main stream media. If some outlet is also repeating what experts smarter than me suggested, good for them. I could care less whether you view them as right, left, or anarchist.

sharpe1027
03-29-2020, 10:41 AM
Very sorry to hear that Ish, all differences aside. Get the little one tested asap. In my prayers. No one deserves this plague in their house.

He likely can't. The restrictions on testing are pretty high. I have close relatives that had fever and were coughing up blood but they couldn't get tested without showing they had exposure to someone already diagnosed.

Fosco33
03-29-2020, 10:44 AM
I’m more bored than an Amish electrician

mraynrand
03-29-2020, 12:12 PM
I’m more bored than an Amish electrician

I'm as excited as an Amish carpenter! Made four mortise and tenon face frames yesterday, plus a custom jig for a table saw mitre gauge. BRING IT ON!

Fosco33
03-29-2020, 12:29 PM
I'm as excited as an Amish carpenter! Made four mortise and tenon face frames yesterday, plus a custom jig for a table saw mitre gauge. BRING IT ON!

Nice. I’m not that bored - just feels like a blizzard that never hits. Cleaned a lot. Cut down many trees. Built a decent sized raised herb garden. Started keto and down 10 pounds.

texaspackerbacker
03-29-2020, 12:34 PM

I hope your baby is ok. You should call Telehealth and see what they say.

bobblehead
03-29-2020, 01:27 PM
He likely can't. The restrictions on testing are pretty high. I have close relatives that had fever and were coughing up blood but they couldn't get tested without showing they had exposure to someone already diagnosed.

in Las Vegas you can get tested pretty easy at this juncture. Almost drive thru, but more like wait in car til called, in and out.

sharpe1027
03-29-2020, 03:48 PM
in Las Vegas you can get tested pretty easy at this juncture. Almost drive thru, but more like wait in car til called, in and out.

It's changing by the day.

Joemailman
03-29-2020, 05:05 PM
The great singer/songwriter John Prine is in critical condition with the virus. His wife had tested positive and his test had been indeterminate. He is 73 and has health issues in the past, including lung and throat cancer.

George Cumby
03-29-2020, 08:05 PM
The great singer/songwriter John Prine is in critical condition with the virus. His wife had tested positive and his test had been indeterminate. He is 73 and has health issues in the past, including lung and throat cancer.

Listening "In Spite of Ourselves" right now.

Be sad to see him go.

call_me_ishmael
03-29-2020, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the well wishes for our newborn. I have no reason to believe he has Covid but the weird breathing is sort of freaky. Still just chillin' with a 99.5 fever and labored breathing. Seems totally fine otherwise so not taking any action beyond keeping an eye on it.

George Cumby
03-30-2020, 03:00 PM
"Labored breathing" is a watch out to get to the ER.

Weird or Labored?

I assume you spoke to your pedi?

call_me_ishmael
03-30-2020, 03:31 PM
My wife is a physician assistant so she's got close tabs on it. They're doing alright. The 4 year old now has a slight fever too. 99.7. Who knows what it's from given the lack of human contact but I would be shocked if it's the 'rona. If it is, boy, this thing is nasty to show no signs for so long!

George Cumby
03-30-2020, 06:27 PM
That’s a good wife to have.

MadtownPacker
03-31-2020, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the well wishes for our newborn. I have no reason to believe he has Covid but the weird breathing is sort of freaky. Still just chillin' with a 99.5 fever and labored breathing. Seems totally fine otherwise so not taking any action beyond keeping an eye on it.One thing I learned is each kid reacts different. Just keep a close eye like you’re doing and it will be all good P. Guessing your wife and you are taking shifts. Just keep your energy up fool and make sure to drink water!

call_me_ishmael
04-01-2020, 02:04 AM
One thing I learned is each kid reacts different. Just keep a close eye like you’re doing and it will be all good P. Guessing your wife and you are taking shifts. Just keep your energy up fool and make sure to drink water!

Will do my man. Both boys are still chillin with very low fevers but no weird breathing anymore. I think we're probably in the clear thankfully.

Joemailman
04-06-2020, 03:56 PM
Masters moved to November. That will be different.

Fosco33
04-07-2020, 10:45 AM
MLB May play all their games in AZ til post Q?

Fosco33
04-09-2020, 08:06 PM
97 masters final not cancelled by Covid-19

Cheesehead Craig
04-10-2020, 11:12 AM
An interesting place to get Covid info is The Weather Channel app. Wherever you are checking the weather on in the US, you can hit the Covid-19 button at the bottom of the screen and it will show you how many cases and deaths are in that county and state. If nothing else it's an interesting tool.

mraynrand
04-10-2020, 11:58 AM
An interesting place to get Covid info is The Weather Channel app. Wherever you are checking the weather on in the US, you can hit the Covid-19 button at the bottom of the screen and it will show you how many cases and deaths are in that county and state. If nothing else it's an interesting tool.

I’ve used their seasonal flu, traffic fatality, and occupational injury trackers for years.

esoxx
04-10-2020, 12:48 PM

Do they also report the amount of recoveries or just the more fear inducing figures such as cases and deaths?

mraynrand
04-10-2020, 12:50 PM
@670TheScore has learned that the XFL has ceased operations and terminated all employees.

@670TheScore has learned that nobody cares

Cheesehead Craig
04-10-2020, 03:35 PM
Do they also report the amount of recoveries or just the more fear inducing figures such as cases and deaths?

If one uses math, one can figure it out.

Joemailman
04-11-2020, 09:48 PM
Could the NFL season be cancelled? Right now we are along way (and I don't mean time), from being able to safely fill a stadium with fans.

Mark J. Burns

@markjburns88
This quote from NFL's chief medical officer, Dr. Allen Sills, is pretty telling of the future for all pro sports (via NFL)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUsQRxYXQAAbSA4?format=png&name=small

MadtownPacker
04-13-2020, 02:43 PM
NFL should pipe in crowd noise and sell streaming games a la carte. Just quarantine the entire team together. They get paid enough to deal with it.

Joemailman
04-15-2020, 09:44 AM
NFL should pipe in crowd noise and sell streaming games a la carte. Just quarantine the entire team together. They get paid enough to deal with it.

That's likely what will happen.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the longtime director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said Tuesday the only path for sports to return this summer includes no fans in attendance and players being kept in quarantine for the duration of their seasons.

Fauci, an advisor to President Donald Trump, laid the groundwork for a potential return to play amid the coronavirus pandemic during an interview with Peter Hamby of Snap Originals (via ESPN).

"There's a way of doing that," he said. "Nobody comes to the stadium. Put [the players] in big hotels, wherever you want to play, keep them very well surveilled. ... Have them tested every single week and make sure they don't wind up infecting each other or their family, and just let them play the season out."

mraynrand
04-15-2020, 09:56 AM
The NFL should just have the homeless attend. They are all testing positive.

MadtownPacker
04-15-2020, 02:32 PM
That's likely what will happen.Well shit I finally got something right.

MadtownPacker
04-15-2020, 02:33 PM
The NFL should just have the homeless attend. They are all testing positive.If they are like the homeless around here they will only accept the luxury suite.

mraynrand
04-15-2020, 03:18 PM
If they are like the homeless around here they will only accept the luxury suite.

lol

Joemailman
04-15-2020, 04:35 PM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2886810-report-nfl-discussing-shorter-2020-schedule-playing-without-fans-amid-covid-19?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

The NFL is examining various contingencies should the COVID-19 pandemic force changes for the 2020 season.

The Washington Post's Mark Maske reported Wednesday a shortened season is on the table, with one person saying the upcoming schedule "is being done in such a way that builds in that flexibility."

Maske also reported the NFL could close off stadiums entirely for fans or only allow a certain percentage of the stadium to be filled.

The NFL provided a statement to Maske while declining to address any specific proposals related to the pandemic:

"As we have said, we are committed to protecting the health of our fans, players, club and league personnel, and communities. We look forward to the 2020 NFL season, and our guidelines and decisions will be guided by the latest advice from medical and public health officials, as well as current and future government regulations. We will continue to plan for the season and will be prepared to adjust as necessary, just as we have done with free agency, the draft, and now the offseason program."

Dr. Jeffrey Smith, the county executive for Santa Clara County, told ESPN's Steve Fainaru and Mark Fainaru-Wada "a major miracle" might be required for games at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California, to be held as usual in the fall.

Smith questioned whether keeping fans away from stadiums is enough to limit the spread of the coronavirus because players and team employees will still be traveling from areas where the pandemic may not be contained.

NFL chief medical officer Dr. Allen Sills told NFL.com's Judy Battista that widespread testing will need to be available to provide league officials with the confidence necessary to start the season.

Joemailman
04-16-2020, 08:16 PM
Broncos' Von Miller has coronavirus.

George Cumby
04-17-2020, 09:15 AM
What's the draft looking like?

Like the 1960's, team phoning their picks in?

I'd watch that.

bobblehead
06-07-2020, 10:52 AM
:shock:

Sharpe, send me some scans of the sport almanac man. Help a brother out!

Well, I guess we now know why he couldn't send you those scans with no sports and all....

bobblehead
06-07-2020, 11:27 AM
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/05lwnV02jfFloolLnK5gF8qFhYI=/0x0:1941x1941/1720x0/filters:focal(0x0:1941x1941):no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/19817539/flu_covid_comparison_1_high_res.jpg

These are the facts as they are known today. The source is the CDC.

This hasn't aged well. The CFR is .4% according to the CDC. And .1% in this graph is actually the IFR so the information was dishonest. The IFR of wuhan bat flu is .26%

HowardRoark
06-09-2020, 09:36 AM
This hasn't aged well. The CFR is .4% according to the CDC. And .1% in this graph is actually the IFR so the information was dishonest. The IFR of wuhan bat flu is .26%

Headline in paper:

China flu deaths over 100% worse than flu!

Joemailman
06-15-2020, 05:28 PM
Ezekiel Elliott tests positive.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-16-2020, 12:02 AM
Ezekiel Elliott tests positive.

Moral of the story: a man should never betray his race for a woman of another race.

Zool
06-16-2020, 10:24 AM
Moral of the story: a man should never betray his race for a woman of another race.

You have to stop this one. It's actually more annoying than most of your shit.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-16-2020, 11:10 PM

Somebody has a gun to your head, forcing you to read my posts?

If someone annoys or bores me, I ignore his posts. It ain’t hard. Click on a thread. Read the screen name first. If it’s a colorless poster, scroll down.

bobblehead
06-23-2020, 09:35 AM

Thats weird to me. He is just being a caricature. He isn't serious....or if he is, he shouldn't be taken so. Once in awhile APB annoys me, but mostly I take him as comedy. And often he is actually funny. This isn't particularly, but it doesn't offend me either as I know he doesn't believe it. It would be akin to taking some of Skins posts seriously. He intentionally inflames, and its humorous most of the time.

mraynrand
06-23-2020, 08:01 PM
It would be akin to taking some of Skins posts seriously. He intentionally inflames, and its humorous most of the time.

It's a mistake to not take Skin seriously, most of the time. Even so, when he's here, he eviscerates poor arguments with economical precision cuts. It's delightful.

MadtownPacker
06-24-2020, 12:40 AM
Fuck. Got told today that some bitch who stopped by the office last Friday was COVID exposed. Now I gotta stay home for 14 days. That part ain’t the problem. What has me pissed is I was around my Mom and sisters family yesterday for a bday cake for niece. All of us outside though so should be a problem hopefully. I don’t give a fuck if I get sick but I worry for my Mama cuz she is in her 70s. Yes I had a mask but I worked on this fukin broad’s laptop without gloves and I was really busy so didn’t have a chance to wash them with soap water immediately.

MadtownPacker
06-24-2020, 12:44 AM
You will miss him.

mraynrand
06-24-2020, 04:58 PM
Is Zeke out of the hospital yet or is he still on the vent?

bobblehead
06-26-2020, 12:33 PM
Fuck. Got told today that some bitch who stopped by the office last Friday was COVID exposed. Now I gotta stay home for 14 days. That part ain’t the problem. What has me pissed is I was around my Mom and sisters family yesterday for a bday cake for niece. All of us outside though so should be a problem hopefully. I don’t give a fuck if I get sick but I worry for my Mama cuz she is in her 70s. Yes I had a mask but I worked on this fukin broad’s laptop without gloves and I was really busy so didn’t have a chance to wash them with soap water immediately.

Was it more than 10 minutes you were around this woman? Is your health otherwise good? If its no/yes your mother probably isn't in any real danger. Also, even though you can pass while asymptomatic, its unlikely in the early stages before your viral load is significant.

All that said, I would be worried too. Hope you and your mom are okay.

bobblehead
06-26-2020, 12:34 PM
Is Zeke out of the hospital yet or is he still on the vent?

Saw him in Vegas 2 nights ago with no mask...must be why our governor, after 3 months and no real outbreak has mandated masks in public as of today.

(and I'm kidding....didn't see zeke anywhere)

MadtownPacker
06-26-2020, 02:41 PM
Was it more than 10 minutes you were around this woman? Is your health otherwise good? If its no/yes your mother probably isn't in any real danger. Also, even though you can pass while asymptomatic, its unlikely in the early stages before your viral load is significant.

All that said, I would be worried too. Hope you and your mom are okay.She was in the same office for about 15. I’m healthy and don’t feel shitty. I worked in a medical system for over a decade so don’t get sick easy.

Thanks for your concern. I don’t care if I get sick, could use a break from everything anyways. I’m just pissed cuz the first time my family tried to do something normal after 3 months this shit happened. Just sick of corona this corona that like everyone else. Can the zombies just show the fuck up to make things interesting already?

mraynrand
06-27-2020, 10:09 AM
Are the Clemson players out of the hospital yet?

George Cumby
06-30-2020, 07:58 PM
She was in the same office for about 15. I’m healthy and don’t feel shitty. I worked in a medical system for over a decade so don’t get sick easy.

Thanks for your concern. I don’t care if I get sick, could use a break from everything anyways. I’m just pissed cuz the first time my family tried to do something normal after 3 months this shit happened. Just sick of corona this corona that like everyone else. Can the zombies just show the fuck up to make things interesting already?

Like everything portrayed in movies, reality is a little less over the top. Zombies are here, eating those who still live, mindlessly moaning and groaning, pale, stiff, shambling, incapable of feeling, caring, loving, mindless agents of destruction, relentless, too stupid to even be called 'singleminded'. You know the 35% of the population of which I speak.

bobblehead
07-01-2020, 08:33 AM
Are the Clemson players out of the hospital yet?

Just as they got out, 35 employees of the cosmopolitan are at deaths door because we re opened the economy too soon...or was it because management had a 20x10 break room filled with 30 employees 24/7, 30 minutes at a time, no open air source and never sent anyone in to sanitize it.

mraynrand
07-01-2020, 08:47 AM
Ethical Skeptic ☀
@EthicalSkeptic
·
14h
This level of Covid fatality cannot be substantiated by the CDC excess all cause fatality, no matter how many tweaks are introduced.

We will update this chart each Friday only now, as many of these fatalities appear to be legacy data laundering.

End of Season 6 June.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eby91eWXYAIG2mg?format=png&name=900x900

Excess deaths from Covid are long gone. Other than US citizens and illegals coming across the border, there's nothing left except a shit load of testing in mostly healthy people and of everyone who enters a hospital. The virus half-life is 20 days and the PCR test can amplify a single DNA strand, so you do the math with how long ago positive 'cases' could have been infected.

bobblehead
07-06-2020, 11:52 PM
I've been waiting for some total expected deaths numbers for awhile. The problem is the tweaks will continue until roughly November 4th just to pull a date out of my ass. On the morning of November 5th we will get some solid totals that reflect what actually happened.