PDA

View Full Version : 2020 NFL Draft: Underated vs Overated players.

Deputy Nutz
03-09-2020, 08:41 AM
I love the NFL draft. It might be my favorite sports related event of the year. As I am watching film on these guys and reading the reviews of other sites and "experts" I get frustrated because there are some players which I like a lot but not great reviews on, and then their are others where I can't believe the fan fair. I will continue to add to this thread as the draft nears. Please feel free to add.

Overrated
Isaiah Simmons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-PEYDIyXSU
The guy is just a hair under 6'4" and 240 pounds and runs under a 4.4 forty, whats not to like? I think he plays the game with the mentality of a defensive back. I do not see him holding the edge or point of attack with the physicality that an OLB needs to have. His instinct are only so so.
I would be nervous drafting him with a top 5 pick, especially watching film on him, Derwin James was a much better prospect.

Zool
03-09-2020, 12:13 PM
Is he going to be an edge, or will he be a hybrid LB/Safety? He's fast enough to play the Charles Woodson role.

Cheesehead Craig
03-09-2020, 12:26 PM
There's a whole lot of tentative about him. Physical and testing wonder, but can he elevate his game to the physicality of the NFL?

run pMc
03-09-2020, 04:30 PM
Is he going to be an edge, or will he be a hybrid LB/Safety? He's fast enough to play the Charles Woodson role.

I like him. I think the top 5 hype is crazy, but somewhere in the 8-12 range he's a decent pick. He's a little unusual -- you could play him as a 4-3 Will with his range, but to get the most from him you need to get creative. Blitz, cover, run-and-hit. He could play the Woodson role but he's not Woodson, and he's not a 3-4 OLB either.

Personally, I think Jordan Love is overrated. He's got a great arm, but I think he'll need a year to sit and watch. I think pressure rattles him and I'd like to see more accuracy and touch from him. Still, there's enough there for a team to fall in love with and take a late Round 1 flyer on him I guess...and if that pushes a good player down to GB, all the better. I'd be scared to take him inside the top 20 though because that probably means your current QB stinks and there will be pressure to play him before he's ready.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo67gdl5yKY

Patrick Queen makes a few good plays showing off some range in this clip, but I think he's a late Round 1 too.

Bretsky
03-09-2020, 08:19 PM
Jordan love looked pretty good in his sophomore year

Then with a new OC and nine new starters he was rough as a Junior.

He will be .interesting to watch

Deputy Nutz
03-10-2020, 08:58 AM
Overrated
Tua Tagovailoa QB Alabama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Va2D4vjs60

Even if we get passed the hip injury the guy has also had a serious ankle injury in the last two seasons. He is not a typically big QB, plus he is left handed and although that isn't a reason to dismiss anyone, receivers do have to adapt to the ball coming out of a left hand versus a righty. Also, How good will Tagovailoa be when he is throwing to average NFL receivers going against an NFL secondary? He has played with almost all receivers that have been drafted in the first round, not to mention several first round caliber offensive linemen. The injuries are a huge concern for me along with how he handles pressure in his face and although he isn't a turnover machine some of his turnovers have come in situations that put his team in a tough situation. I struggle to see him drafted within the top 5 picks of the draft, I see that as a huge risk. Is he a first round pick? Absolutely, but I predict his failure rate will be a lot higher with Tua.

Zool
03-10-2020, 09:17 AM
So, Marcus Mariota with a college injury history?

Deputy Nutz
03-11-2020, 09:34 AM
So far my two posts have been about guys in that project in the first 5 picks in the draft. Now we take a little turn.

Underrated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_IXEM6WcA8&t=380s

Davion Taylor OLB Colorado

While in high school Taylor wasn't allowed to play football on Friday nights due to religious reasons. He was scouted at a workout by a junior college team and signed. Two years later he signed with Colorado. Obviously he is raw, but he certainly brings traits that NFL teams covet in defensive players. A 4.49 forty, a 35" vertical jump, 21 reps on the bench, 127" broad jump, and sub 7 second three cone drill. He is another type of hybrid player that is the combination of defensive back and outside linebacker. There isn't much film on him but I did find his 2019 film against Oregon. The film doesn't offer much as mostly he is playing a nickel and is in coverage. It's average coverage but I think he is an underrated player that could be a project with a huge ceiling.

smuggler
03-11-2020, 12:05 PM
My WR that I feel is overrated is Shenault. I'm convinced this dude will not succeed in the NFL, and that's not even considering his injury woes. I cringed every time I saw him mocked to us. The injury pushes him out of the first round, but I don't think he will succeed as a WR anywhere he's drafted.

run pMc
03-11-2020, 12:31 PM
Davion Taylor OLB Colorado

While in high school Taylor wasn't allowed to play football on Friday nights due to religious reasons. He was scouted at a workout by a junior college team and signed. Two years later he signed with Colorado. Obviously he is raw, but he certainly brings traits that NFL teams covet in defensive players. A 4.49 forty, a 35" vertical jump, 21 reps on the bench, 127" broad jump, and sub 7 second three cone drill. He is another type of hybrid player that is the combination of defensive back and outside linebacker. There isn't much film on him but I did find his 2019 film against Oregon. The film doesn't offer much as mostly he is playing a nickel and is in coverage. It's average coverage but I think he is an underrated player that could be a project with a huge ceiling.

Yeah I've watched a little of him. The video I watched had him out in coverage in the slot a LOT, so he should be able to do that.
I thought after the combine he might move up quite a bit as a good tester/athlete, which is definitely is. He is also raw... he's someone worth a late Day 3 pick to develop and certainly could play him on ST, but he's not ready to start.

Cheesehead Craig
03-11-2020, 03:49 PM
Overrated
Tua Tagovailoa QB Alabama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Va2D4vjs60

Even if we get passed the hip injury the guy has also had a serious ankle injury in the last two seasons. He is not a typically big QB, plus he is left handed and although that isn't a reason to dismiss anyone, receivers do have to adapt to the ball coming out of a left hand versus a righty. Also, How good will Tagovailoa be when he is throwing to average NFL receivers going against an NFL secondary? He has played with almost all receivers that have been drafted in the first round, not to mention several first round caliber offensive linemen. The injuries are a huge concern for me along with how he handles pressure in his face and although he isn't a turnover machine some of his turnovers have come in situations that put his team in a tough situation. I struggle to see him drafted within the top 5 picks of the draft, I see that as a huge risk. Is he a first round pick? Absolutely, but I predict his failure rate will be a lot higher with Tua.

I was going to post about him and you beat me to it! He had so much superior talent around him that it really is hard to judge him. I agree with your points and I wouldn't even take him top 10. He may be the Rodgers-fall QB of this draft. His injuries scare the hell out of me.

Deputy Nutz
03-30-2020, 04:52 PM
Underrated Alert!!!

Jack Driscol OT Auburn 6'5" 305 -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpBEVk105KY&t=254s
Driscol was a four year starter with his last two coming at Auburn. He has to gain a little a good weight and get stronger in his lower body, but the guy has some really good feet and if teams that value or need other positions early in the draft then Driscol could be a guy that could be had on day 3 of the draft. He understands how to move his body to create lanes in the running game and how to protect the QB. The Fact is that I like both of the Auburn tackles in this draft . Driscoll has good timing off the snap, and all though I would like to see him engage the defender sooner on the edge he does a decent job of tracking, and getting his hands on them. Driscoll does and can get beat by a rusher's first move but he really does a nice job of recovery by keeping his feet moving. An NFL offense good really be a boost for him along with an experienced NFL QB.

smuggler
03-30-2020, 06:03 PM
Simmons reminds me of Aaron Curry. In both the good ways and, potentially, the bad.

Bretsky, your signature is strange. The TJ Watt comment makes sense because we had a shot at him and passed, but not so with Devin Bush.

Julio Jones would have also looked good in Green and Gold. And Zack Martin.

Upnorth
03-30-2020, 08:21 PM
Rashon gary.

Bretsky
03-30-2020, 09:43 PM
Simmons reminds me of Aaron Curry. In both the good ways and, potentially, the bad.

Bretsky, your signature is strange. The TJ Watt comment makes sense because we had a shot at him and passed, but not so with Devin Bush.

Julio Jones would have also looked good in Green and Gold. And Zack Martin.

LOL; it's was reported by both ESPN and NFLN that Denver was taking calls to move down but they were trying not to lose many spots. It would not have been hard for Gooter to jump two spots there; that was the right call. Pittsburg just was the beneficiary of our not making the call. Sound Familar ???

Bretsky
03-30-2020, 09:45 PM
Rashon gary.

THIS THREAD BRINGS BACK PAINFUL MEMORIES of LAST YEARS THREAD OF WHO TO AVOID ........................Anybody wanna bump it cause there is a psoter or two who deserves the Five Clapping Hands for makin the BaconCall

smuggler
03-30-2020, 11:43 PM
Maybe Denver did want to move down. Maybe they would have let up move up three spots. Maybe their cost was reasonable. And maybe Bush was our target. But unless something more substantial comes out, it's just conjecture.

Zool
03-31-2020, 08:40 AM
THIS THREAD BRINGS BACK PAINFUL MEMORIES of LAST YEARS THREAD OF WHO TO AVOID ........................Anybody wanna bump it cause there is a psoter or two who deserves the Five Clapping Hands for makin the BaconCall

Not sure you want to do that just yet because we could also go find the "cut Devante Adams" threads. Those lasted until part way into his 3rd year.

bobblehead
03-31-2020, 08:53 AM

I'm pretty sure every poster groaned when we picked Gary. I swore up a storm. But, being homers, many of us tried to find a silver lining. I know that in reading most of my posts from then they went something like "well, I'm going to give gutes the benefit of the doubt for now, after all, Gary's combine was nearly identical to Clowney". Not a ringing endorsement, but I tried really hard to be optimistic.

Bretsky
03-31-2020, 11:00 AM
Not sure you want to do that just yet because we could also go find the "cut Devante Adams" threads. Those lasted until part way into his 3rd year.

That would be fine by me. The good, or bad part about being very opinionated is i'm right...and wrong a lot. Odell Thurman, and the WR we passed on (can't even remember his name anymore...Jackson maybe) the year Jordy was drafted some to mind for some of my classic wrongs

Deputy Nutz
03-31-2020, 11:31 AM
Rashan Gary's Twitter, I like his attitude and motivation to get better. There is a lot to what he said about himself in this tweet. I really like his fast twitch off the snap. If he can put it all together he is going to be really damn good.

https://twitter.com/RashanAGary/status/1244362155501195264?s=20

Deputy Nutz
03-31-2020, 11:32 AM
DP,

Gotarace
03-31-2020, 01:45 PM
https://twitter.com/i/status/1228819872202682368 Gary is working hard this off season...Hope it shows up on Game Day

mraynrand
03-31-2020, 01:55 PM
https://twitter.com/i/status/1228819872202682368 Gary is working hard this off season...Hope it shows up on Game Day

is that randall cobb in the Cowboys sweatshirt?

Gotarace
03-31-2020, 02:27 PM
is that randall cobb in the Cowboys sweatshirt?
LMAO...If it is that Texas BBQ is really Agreeing with him.

call_me_ishmael
03-31-2020, 10:27 PM
Rashan Gary has a disproportionately sized face compared to his body. Makes him look heftier than he is.

Bretsky
04-02-2020, 07:50 PM
Didn't the only Gary Expert in here Fritzy noted long ago Gary was thought of a self promoter while at Michigan ? If so, it continues

Draft the Tape

Deputy Nutz
04-02-2020, 08:17 PM
Didn't the only Gary Expert in here Fritzy noted long ago Gary was thought of a self promoter while at Michigan ? If so, it continues

Draft the Tape

Like is this your gimmick? Self promotion or not he is working to get better, and most importantly recognizes that he has to get better. Gary turning into a player only benefits your team. We are all well aware that you didn't like the pick or the rookie productions, I think a lot of people are on board with that same assessment, but when people dare to see the optimism of the player you sort of piss all over it, whats the point? If he fails where does that get you?

Also, the tape wasn't that bad, there were a lot of great things on his tape. The mystery was simply when you add the talent, the measurables, combine numbers, and skill put on tape and it all adds up to his lack of production there is a huge issue there, especially when it wasn't for a lack of effort or hustle.

HarveyWallbangers
04-02-2020, 08:34 PM
Also, the tape wasn't that bad, there were a lot of great things on his tape.

Agreed. The tape wasn't bad. The potential is there. He does have two good players in front of him, but the way Pettine mixes up (rushing Z. Smith and Gary on the inside in rushing situations) he'll get his chance to prove everybody wrong. Hope for improvement this year while his playing time increases, and then hope he becomes a monster in year three.

Honestly, I think the Packers see in Gary what they saw in Z. Smith. Z. Smith didn't start more than four games until year four and didn't have more than 5.5 sacks in a season until then. It shouldn't take Gary that long, but he needs to keep working. It's encouraging that he seems to enjoy his craft.

pbmax
04-03-2020, 08:28 AM
I looked at one game and thought the tape was poor. He rarely finished plays.

I have no idea what that means about what he is missing, but he is the king of pursuit rather than immediate contact.

Someone in here floated the idea that he lacks a change of direction burst or some other trait that allows you to cut a straight line to the ball. But I also think that he doesn't yet have one move other than speed to clear a blocker.

He has dominant traits but doesn't show dominant play. I have seen that combo fail more than succeed. That is my worry.

Zool
04-03-2020, 08:58 AM
Like is this your gimmick? Self promotion or not he is working to get better, and most importantly recognizes that he has to get better. Gary turning into a player only benefits your team. We are all well aware that you didn't like the pick or the rookie productions, I think a lot of people are on board with that same assessment, but when people dare to see the optimism of the player you sort of piss all over it, whats the point? If he fails where does that get you?

Also, the tape wasn't that bad, there were a lot of great things on his tape. The mystery was simply when you add the talent, the measurables, combine numbers, and skill put on tape and it all adds up to his lack of production there is a huge issue there, especially when it wasn't for a lack of effort or hustle.

I said it before, B would rather be right about Gary, then Gary actually turning out to be good. At least on this forum. Anything short of all-pro and Gary will be considered a bust by most/all.

pbmax
04-03-2020, 09:27 AM
Tua is falling down some draft boards if Twitter chatter can be believed (it can't; but possibly Nutz had this right)

Mike Tanier @MikeTanier

Folks are just realizing that Tua's tape wasn't all that spectacular before the injury, aren't they?

smuggler
04-03-2020, 11:55 AM
I'm thinking Gary will never really become a successful pass rusher, but he can still be a contributor on our team. Really would have liked to get the DT that went to the bills - Ed Oliver.

Deputy Nutz
04-03-2020, 01:01 PM
Tua is falling down some draft boards if Twitter chatter can be believed (it can't; but possibly Nutz had this right)

Mike Tanier @MikeTanier

Folks are just realizing that Tua's tape wasn't all that spectacular before the injury, aren't they?

Watch the LSU game, he is also throwing to 4 first round draft picks.

wist43
04-03-2020, 01:02 PM
I said it before, B would rather be right about Gary, then Gary actually turning out to be good. At least on this forum. Anything short of all-pro and Gary will be considered a bust by most/all.

I still have hope for Gary... hoping we see a jump in his play and production this year.

Year 2 for Savage as well... hoping the secondary, having a couple of years together will begin to solidify.

Deputy Nutz
04-03-2020, 01:04 PM
I'm thinking Gary will never really become a successful pass rusher, but he can still be a contributor on our team. Really would have liked to get the DT that went to the bills - Ed Oliver.

This doesn't help as Oliver went before the Packers drafted. I think the Packers woudl have been happy with Oliver as well, I thought the Packers would have draft several other guys, but that didn't happen. The best I can do is try to do is understand why the Packers went with Gary, and how that could work out for the best.

pbmax
04-03-2020, 01:39 PM
I still have hope for Gary... hoping we see a jump in his play and production this year.

Year 2 for Savage as well... hoping the secondary, having a couple of years together will begin to solidify.

I think Savage is going to be just fine.

smuggler
04-03-2020, 02:47 PM
Short of injury I'm pretty confident Savage will be good. Nutz I know Oliver went ahead of us, just lamenting it. Gary could be a good player yet. Not who I would have picked, but can't do anything but hope for the best.

Bretsky
04-03-2020, 04:50 PM

Whatever floats your boat

Bretsky
04-03-2020, 04:51 PM

Mike Tanier @MikeTanier

Do you draft him if he's there at 30 ? Can't imagine he would be....but do you ?

Deputy Nutz
04-03-2020, 05:04 PM
Do you draft him if he's there at 30 ? Can't imagine he would be....but do you ?

I still can't see him dropping out of the top ten, but if he free falled because you got guys still out there in free agency that teams like better than Tua I still can't see him getting to 30. If he did get to 30 I would trade out of that pick for 2020 draft picks and 2021. If you couldn't trade out, and there are not players you value there then take him and develop him. Rodgers's contract is so massive and guaranteed that I don't know how much capital you want invested in the back up position. Rodgers would have to retire within the next 4 seasons otherwise you probably lose Tua to free agency.

wist43
04-03-2020, 05:14 PM
I think Savage is going to be just fine.

I agree... the whole secondary could be a little loose at times last year, but I think a lot of that was growing pains and game plan.

I think Pettine started to get things tightened up near the end of the year... excited to see what that group can become.

pbmax
04-04-2020, 09:01 AM
I still can't see him dropping out of the top ten, but if he free falled because you got guys still out there in free agency that teams like better than Tua I still can't see him getting to 30. If he did get to 30 I would trade out of that pick for 2020 draft picks and 2021. If you couldn't trade out, and there are not players you value there then take him and develop him. Rodgers's contract is so massive and guaranteed that I don't know how much capital you want invested in the back up position. Rodgers would have to retire within the next 4 seasons otherwise you probably lose Tua to free agency.

I think this is Gute's hope. Someone will want to trade up for a low 1st/high 2nd QB talent AND get the fifth year option. So he is all but advertising his interest in QBs in a press conference two weeks ago and again with the Jordan Love remote interview.

mraynrand
04-04-2020, 09:28 AM
Rodgers's contract is so massive and guaranteed that I don't know how much capital you want invested in the back up position. Rodgers would have to retire within the next 4 seasons otherwise you probably lose Tua to free agency.

This is true, but QBs often retire suddenly, and not voluntarily. You have to shore up that next franchise QB position. I thought they might do it last year already. If a guy they like drops to them, I can't see how they pass it up. Even in today's touch football NFL, Rodgers could easily be gone just like that.

Aikman, 34, gone. Young, 38, gone, Marino, 38, gone, Flacco, 34, done, Eli Manning, 38 (well overdone), etc. etc. etc. Mid thirties is deadly in general. Maybe assume Rodgers can make it two more years. Draft next QB right now.

run pMc
04-04-2020, 09:41 AM

Yeah, I think it's a year early to draft a QB high. I could see them going after a mid-to-late round guy to develop, but they are basically locked in to having Rodgers as their starter for the next 3 years. Drafting a QB high doesn't help them this year or next, and they need to do all they can to keep the 'window' open with him. Of course, if the bottom falls out or injuries hit Rodgers they'll likely be in a better spot to take a QB high. I see the logic in drafting for one before you need one, but I just think it's a year (or 2 maybe) too soon.

pbmax
04-04-2020, 10:52 AM

Possibly not.

Derrik Klassen @QBKlass
I charted the top nine QBs of the 2020 draft class. At least 300 attempts for all QBs.

Adjusted accuracy scores, target heat maps, accuracy heat maps, playing environment context, etc. — whatever data you need, it's here.

Sortable spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IYhThi_2d1FJYev9ghz53S7yfP2BIj9VCW9A165C1RU/edit?usp=sharing

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUiJHDyUMAAUSom?format=png&name=small

run pMc
04-05-2020, 10:47 AM
Derrik Klassen @QBKlass
I charted the top nine QBs of the 2020 draft class. At least 300 attempts for all QBs.

Adjusted accuracy scores, target heat maps, accuracy heat maps, playing environment context, etc. — whatever data you need, it's here.

Confirms my opinion that I don't want Eason or Jordan Love. Stanley and Fromm -- oof.

mraynrand
04-05-2020, 11:14 AM
PBmax, what’s the longest organizational chart PowerPoint you’ve made or watched as part of your regular work? (Total number of slides with boxes and arrows) I suspect you work somewhere in Dilbertland. 😀

smuggler
04-05-2020, 11:15 AM
Chart also seems to suggest Burrow didn't see much pressure last season (compared to Herbert). Incredible to think Herbert might be the best pro in the class. Not sure I buy it.

pbmax
04-05-2020, 12:28 PM
PBmax, what’s the longest organizational chart PowerPoint you’ve made or watched as part of your regular work? (Total number of slides with boxes and arrows) I suspect you work somewhere in Dilbertland. ��

Not that long. Watched? Probably 100 for presentations about business plans or software solutions.

Created? Its usually project specifics so I'd say never more than 30.

But that was the past. Almost all presentations now are websites and end user focused.

I have created some long customer surveys that looked like a bureaucratic flowchart when I got done though :D

pbmax
04-05-2020, 12:33 PM
Confirms my opinion that I don't want Eason or Jordan Love. Stanley and Fromm -- oof.

I have seen him pay only in game highlights on Saturday, but in that chart Eason looks like he is great in a system where he gets the first read on play action. After that, things get bad in a hurry. A system QB kinda thing.

pbmax
04-05-2020, 12:44 PM
So Packers areas of need are:

1. WR
2. ILB
3. OL
4. DL
5. CB

You can get CBs late. WR is deep so you don't have to do that in Round 1. There are also some good 2nd round and lower OL and you could get Veldheer back. ILB they might think they have addressed with Kirksey and will put a larger run-stuffing vet minimum body with him next year and pray depth blossoms from one of the turds.

But DL would need to be a high pick. Gute seems to be saying he is OK with the DL and that was a comment before the drafts silly season (though it doesn't mean he was entirely honest *)

If Gute is really convinced his DL and ILB are OK, I can see him taking a dropping QB, though no one but Burrow and Herbert strike me as considerations at the first pick like Rodgers was. Not sure I buy the Jordan Love stories.

My money would be on targeting a trade down to get another pick in first four rounds.

* He did say he imagined they were going to remake the middle linebackers though, which has happened

texaspackerbacker
04-05-2020, 01:45 PM

A gigantic hell no to that!

Bretsky
04-05-2020, 01:47 PM
So Packers areas of need are:

1. WR
2. ILB
3. OL
4. DL
5. CB

You can get CBs late. WR is deep so you don't have to do that in Round 1. There are also some good 2nd round and lower OL and you could get Veldheer back. ILB they might think they have addressed with Kirksey and will put a larger run-stuffing vet minimum body with him next year and pray depth blossoms from one of the turds.

But DL would need to be a high pick. Gute seems to be saying he is OK with the DL and that was a comment before the drafts silly season (though it doesn't mean he was entirely honest *)

If Gute is really convinced his DL and ILB are OK, I can see him taking a dropping QB, though no one but Burrow and Herbert strike me as considerations at the first pick like Rodgers was. Not sure I buy the Jordan Love stories.

My money would be on targeting a trade down to get another pick in first four rounds.

* He did say he imagined they were going to remake the middle linebackers though, which has happened

Not sure I agree with you on the your WR assumption.

But I am convinced our WR's are so pathetic we need "2" guys that can contribute.

Not saying we have to go WR in round one, but that is my bias. By the 60th pick IMO you'll see all of the top two tier's of WR's gone.

texaspackerbacker
04-05-2020, 01:54 PM
I would not have brought in Funchess, but since they did, we don't need two in the draft - unless Funchess becomes a TE or we keep 7 WRs altogether.

pbmax
04-05-2020, 01:58 PM
Not sure I agree with you on the your WR assumption.

But I am convinced our WR's are so pathetic we need "2" guys that can contribute.

Not saying we have to go WR in round one, but that is my bias. By the 60th pick IMO you'll see all of the top two tier's of WR's gone.

I agree but Funchess is insurance if they can't get their top tier in the first two rounds at WR.

Deputy Nutz
04-05-2020, 07:58 PM
Packers receiver depth
1. Adams - Lock for Roster
2. Allen Lazard - Lock
3. Valdez-Scantling - Lock, possible trade for 2021 late rounder
4. Jake Kumerow - Less than 50/50
5. Devin Fuchness - Lock
6. St. Brown -50/50
7. Darius Shepard -Returner

Packers are going to draft a receiver within the first 4 rounds of the draft. I say fourth round because there could be 4 maybe 5 dudes that could be available that late that could put up some numbers in 2020.

texaspackerbacker
04-05-2020, 11:12 PM
You might be right about WR quality continuing all the way to the 4th or 5th round. Just the same, I think we snag one sooner - as I have said, Duvernay in the 3rd or 2nd, or maybe even Mims or Reagor. I definitely don't want anybody who ain't a speed burner.

I pretty much agree with your assessment of what we already have - which is why I doubt we draft more than one WR. It will surprise me and piss me off if they give up on Valdez-Scantling and give him away for a late round pick. I'd like to see them keep St. Brown and Kumerow too. Shepherd only stays if he can beat out Ervin, and he's got an uphill battle there.

smuggler
04-05-2020, 11:32 PM
Shepherd is fucked. Ervin is back for returns.

run pMc
04-06-2020, 07:43 AM
Right now I'm not even convinced Funchess is a Lock -- I'd say his chances are very good to make the roster given his competition, but if he doesn't look great in camp that contract isn't so bad (for some reason I'm thinking it's mostly roster/performance bonuses) they can't dump him.

I think we'll know what Gute really thinks about the WR group based on how many and where he drafts them.
Darrius Shepard has a big uphill battle to make the roster.

One WR I've not seen much talk about -- does that make him underrated? -- is Tyler Johnson out of MN. This guy should be there in R3-4 and is (according to some) a better player than Cephus.

mraynrand
04-06-2020, 02:19 PM
I agree but Funchess is insurance if they can't get their top tier in the first two rounds at WR.

likely true

Deputy Nutz
04-06-2020, 09:30 PM
Underrated Alert?

Two players from same school playing same position!!! Madness!

Rhode Island
Aaron Parker 6-2 209 -Quicker than he is fast, makes a living outplaying defenders for the ball. Parker is quicker than he is fast and his Combine numbers weren't great outside his 3 Cone drill. He is a good route runner that can be a zone beater, hard worker in the run game and will drive defenders off before his cuts. Good quality film, expect him drafted on day 3

Isaiah Coulter 6-2 198 - Better athlete than his cousin Parker, but he is a long strider, he isn't as quick in the box. The duo could have even been more dynamic in 2019 if their QB play was better. Coulter has the ability to make defenders trail him but he needs to take every snap more serious, sometimes it looks like he is stuck in 4th gear. He has a higher ceiling than Parker, but a much lower floor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfs0e-ai-Hg

Deputy Nutz
04-08-2020, 03:26 PM
Underrated Report!!!

Cameron Clarke OT Charlotte, 6'4" 308 - Good arm length, and probably is best suited at right tackle or at guard as he has hard time adjusting to changes of speed from pass rushers and allows too much depth. What I like about him is how he approaches the run game, he understands angles to the second level, and how to use his body to take defenders out of the play. His feet are good enough to adjust his blocks depending on which way the defender is going. Again, not sure that he has what it takes to play left tackle in the League but if he learns how to control his pad level and improve his footwork he has the hand skills and the understanding to be a starter in the NFL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQEjsOgx_Qs

Deputy Nutz
04-15-2020, 12:46 PM
Underrated Info!!!

CB Levonta Taylor Florida St University 5'10 190 - 5 star recruit coming out of high school. An aggressive corner that wants to succeed playing tight in the hip pocket of receivers, but does struggle with instincts and understanding of routes which leaves him overrunning off of receiver's breaks. If he would put more work into the film he would probably improve dramatically. He had his unoffical pro day and I will link film, but his speed matches up on film, so athletically there is a lot to work with. He is an aggressive tackler in the secondary. He is competitive and athletic and the right coaches in the NFL might get the instincts and technique squared away and he could be a high upside defensive back that can offer coverage over the slot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODO9DF_i1W0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3excny-q6D8

Bretsky
04-15-2020, 07:33 PM
I would not have brought in Funchess, but since they did, we don't need two in the draft - unless Funchess becomes a TE or we keep 7 WRs altogether.

Bringing in a new minimal guy is not going to solve the several XFL caliber players we had last year

Joemailman
04-15-2020, 08:16 PM
Bringing in a new minimal guy is not going to solve the several XFL caliber players we had last year

I agree. Adams is the only lock. Funchess and Lazard are good bets. Everybody else is questionable at best. Taking 2 WR's in a draft this rich in WR's would actually make a lot of sense.

Bretsky
04-15-2020, 10:54 PM
I agree. Adams is the only lock. Funchess and Lazard are good bets. Everybody else is questionable at best. Taking 2 WR's in a draft this rich in WR's would actually make a lot of sense.

BINGO

ADAMS
LIZARD
FUNCHESS
St Brown
Mims/Jaegor/Aiyuk/Shennault/Jefferson in round one/or trade up and nab in round 2
HOME REQUUEST.......My MAN QUINTEN CEPHUS in round 4/5

2ND HOMER REQUEST....I hate Michigan......plz no Wolverines but OL Runyan-he's a baller

Bretsky
04-15-2020, 10:57 PM
If both LB's are gone, and I'm assuming Jefferson is too, this is a too good to be true time to trade back and pick up an extra 4th

call_me_ishmael
04-15-2020, 11:30 PM
I predict the Packers trade up in the 2nd and maybe the 3rd. They have 10 picks and I doubt they have more than 7 roster spots available.

texaspackerbacker
04-16-2020, 01:41 AM

I'd say the only guy fitting that description already left - Allison.

Tony Oday
04-16-2020, 06:51 AM
What a wiff on the 3 WR Draft.

Bretsky
04-16-2020, 06:54 AM
I'd say the only guy fitting that description already left - Allison.

I'd call you a dumbass if you didn't call me that so many times in the ole days....lol

I'm unsure about St Brown. Adams is awesome. Lizard and Funchess are ok

Whitewater Jesus and the rest can go play for Da Bears with Jimmmmmy

pbmax
04-16-2020, 07:27 AM
What a wiff on the 3 WR Draft.

I wouldn't write off ESB or MVS off yet. We'll see.

theeaterofshades
04-16-2020, 09:20 AM
I think ESB will beat out MVS. We will draft 2-3 WR (With the potential 3rd WR pick being Quez Watkins as a deep threat burner if he is available)