PDA

View Full Version : gotta love...

ND72
09-11-2006, 08:37 PM
...seeing Ryan Longwell SUCK!!!

Fosco33
09-11-2006, 08:38 PM

That was as good/bad as Rayner's 53 yarder yesterday...

Rastak
09-11-2006, 08:39 PM

If missing a 50+ yard FG sucks I can think of another fellow that did that this weekend, only he missed it by 20 yards.,....

ND72
09-11-2006, 08:40 PM
it was worse, a buddy of mine and I were just having that conversation, I said at least Rayner made it OUT of the endzone.

gbpackfan
09-11-2006, 08:52 PM
I don't consider a 49 yard FG one that is 50+. So yeah, it sucked.

Longwell is accurate from 35 and in, but I wouldn't trust him after that. And you gotta love those extra short kick offs!

ND72
09-11-2006, 08:52 PM
did anyone else "chuckle" when the holder fumbled the first PAT try?

Noodle
09-11-2006, 10:36 PM
Yeah, I enjoyed his holder issues. But at the end of the day, he made the key kicks to win the game for the Vikes. I'm not laughing so much right now.

SD GB fan
09-11-2006, 10:40 PM
im watching SD OAK game. u gotta luv merriman. damn hes dominating the game. i wish the packers can get someone like him, hopefully hawk.

Patler
09-11-2006, 10:44 PM

Longwell is accurate from 35 and in, but I wouldn't trust him after that. And you gotta love those extra short kick offs!

Based on what, the fact that he was 4/5 from 50 yards and farther last year, or that he was 3/5 from 40-49? Hitting 7 of 10 from beyond 40 is good enough for me!

Bretsky
09-11-2006, 10:46 PM

His kickoffs were average when looking at the average returns; he's pretty much money. Still one of the more reliable kickers in the NFL. Minnesota is lucky to have him

Rastak
09-11-2006, 10:52 PM
did anyone else "chuckle" when the holder fumbled the first PAT try?

Did you chuckle when then the "w" went in the proper column....

I sure as hell did ND....

Longwell has some short kicks but did just fine.....

I like wins....

gbpackfan
09-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Yeah, the Vikings got one. I honestly believe that Brad Johnson is under-rated. I believe the O-line in Minnie is over rated. That's not an insult! They are better then average, but for 100 mill, they better be FUCKING AMAZING!

Rastak
09-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Yeah, the Vikings got one. I honestly believe that Brad Johnson is under-rated. I believe the O-line in Minnie is over rated. That's not an insult! They are better then average, but for 100 mill, they better be FUCKING AMAZING!

Hey, I'm not too far from your view.....they should have had a better running game and they didn't exactly shut down the pass rush.

superfan
09-12-2006, 12:06 AM
On the other side of the ball, the Viking pass rush looked real good to me tonight against a decent pair of veteran tackles. By the time Brunell finished his 5 step drops, Udeze and James were even with him on the edges while the DTs and/or a LB were providing a push up the middle. If anything, the Vikes got burned by overpursuit a couple times.

This will be the best Vikings defense in many, many years.

Comparing Viking and Packers pass rush reminds me of the old electric football game. The Packer rush is like when the thing is barely on and the guys are barely moving. The Viking rush is like when the dial is cranked and guys are flying all over the place.

GBRulz
09-12-2006, 12:14 AM
It doesn't really matter to me what Longwell does. People come and go in the NFL, it's just the business side of it. Yes, he whined about things, but he was never a loud mouth idiot like JW.

Now, ask me if I loved seeing JW drop back to back passes yesterday...... HELL YEAH !!!!