PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Gutey Draft At #30?

Joemailman
04-21-2020, 08:52 PM
It's prediction time. Who Will Gutey Draft at #30. Or will he trade up or trade down?

Poll to follow. If choosing trade, name player picked.

Joemailman
04-21-2020, 09:05 PM
Neville Gallimore. Murray and Queen will be gone by 30. WR class is so strong Gutey will wait to take a WR.

Mr. Pettine: Thou shalt stop the run!

GB-Brandon
04-21-2020, 09:14 PM
Jalen Reagor, I’m gonna hope and pray Reagor somehow makes it to 30. I believe he is an elite talent that had a jacked up RAS due to weight gain. I think his testing might push him to us. His films says “Fast and Explosive.” I like some of the run stuffing DL’s later.

texaspackerbacker
04-21-2020, 09:36 PM
If it was me, I'd wait until the 2nd or 3rd for a WR, but I think Gutekunst will go for one in the first. Mims IMO is the best other than the Ruggs - better than those other top tier guys. Reagor's official combine 40 time concerns me. Is he really super fast or not?

wthigoot
04-21-2020, 09:55 PM
Trade down with Chargers:
Packers #30 for Chargers #37 and #112.

#30 Chargers draft Austin Jackson, OT, 6-5, 322, USC
#37 Packers draft A. J. Epenesa, DE, 6-5, 275, Iowa

Packers trade #62 and #112 for Pick #56

#56 Packers draft Jeremy Chinn, S, 6-3, 212, Southern Illinois.

Bretsky
04-21-2020, 10:05 PM

Very realistic. Draft an Edge to replace Gary :))

But why the H would they draft Chinn ?

Bretsky
04-21-2020, 10:08 PM
I am NEVER right; but I often pick somebody I want them to pick. So I'm throwing in a whammy and saying Baun. Truth be told I don't think there is a chance in hell we pick him.

I'd say we're drafting Mims, or Murray. Raegor would be my 3rd pick. I'd be happy with any of them.

And I'd be happy with a trade back as well and then grab the best WR about 10 picks later....maybe Aiyuk

call_me_ishmael
04-21-2020, 10:12 PM
Packers trade up to 18-20 for Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU.

GB-Brandon
04-21-2020, 10:15 PM
If it was me, I'd wait until the 2nd or 3rd for a WR, but I think Gutekunst will go for one in the first. Mims IMO is the best other than the Ruggs - better than those other top tier guys. Reagor's official combine 40 time concerns me. Is he really super fast or not?

He Fast.

https://thespun.com/big-12/tcu/jalen-reagor-40-yard-dash-video-4-22-john-ross-record-pro-day-nfl-draft-tcu-horned-frogs

wthigoot
04-21-2020, 10:16 PM

To replace Josh Jones. :)

Starters are set at Safety but the position is a little thin unless Campbell is coming back. Chinn maybe is big enough to play some box but has good speed also.

Pick small-school fast-rising safety in second round (just like 2005). What could go wrong?

GB-Brandon
04-21-2020, 10:43 PM

Because it’s what they do. Gotta keep fulfilling the legacy of “DB Reachers” Which hasn’t amounted to Jack sh*t.

I’m actually scared as hell they will do it too. Then they will get up there and blab that “They Took the Best player available”, “High Character guy”, “real smart” etc etc

red
04-21-2020, 10:54 PM
Brandon Aiyuk

the more i read about him, the more i like him

MadtownPacker
04-21-2020, 11:42 PM
Needs to be Tee Higgins IMO

Get Rodgers another weapon early, Higgins is a perfect fitWelcome to the forum. I made a change to your account so you won’t have any restrictions.

HarveyWallbangers
04-22-2020, 12:11 AM
He Fast.

https://thespun.com/big-12/tcu/jalen-reagor-40-yard-dash-video-4-22-john-ross-record-pro-day-nfl-draft-tcu-horned-frogs

Whether you believe in Reagor or not, this virtual pro day time means nothing. I read an interesting article about how scouts put absolutely no stock in them--because players/agents will cheat on them and there's no way to verify them.

jklowan
04-22-2020, 06:49 AM
I think lb's and tackles worthy of a 1st are gone and we trade down, hoping with Indy for a shot at 3 2nd rounders with us throwing in some late rounders, we are then able to address lb, dt & receiver in the 2nd, my dream list would be Mims, Brooks, Blacklock

ND72
04-22-2020, 08:19 AM
I like Reagor, Mims, Aiyuk, and Shenault. Everything says they will take WR early and often in this draft, however, that means I am willing to bet they won't take WR round 1. Other guys I really like at Pittman Jr. & Cephus. There are guys you might even find in the 6th and 7th that probably could be higher in past years. MY thing is, when does a huge run on WR go? Are other teams thinking round 2 also? If that is the case I take my guy at 30 and get other guys later. It's actually a really good class for Tackles, and not bad for MLB and DT. This draft is seriously made for Green Bay. I think they could even get quality DB's later in the draft that could be good nickel guys. This draft is such a crap-shoot. So much could flip in this draft just because of the things going on in this world. I'm very excited. I've done the 7 round mock on thedraftnetwork.com a ton just seeing different scenarios. I even pulled my nerd side out and just this morning completed a full 2020 draft file on madden based on sports illustrated's big board. For those who have known me on here for years know this is like my Christmas week. I love it. I'm excited for it.

GB-Brandon
04-22-2020, 09:20 AM
Whether you believe in Reagor or not, this virtual pro day time means nothing. I read an interesting article about how scouts put absolutely no stock in them--because players/agents will cheat on them and there's no way to verify them.

Here’s the deal though. NFL scouts apparently wanted to see him bigger kinda like a Deebo Samuel mold. He put on a bunch of weight(almost ten pounds) and still ran 4.4 at combine. He took the weight back off and got closer to his natural playing weight and ran in 4.2’s(one of the guys timing was a former NFL scout btw). Makes perfect sense to me.

His film says 4.2-4.3 all day long. I trust two years of film over one day at a combine where he experimented with bulking up. I like Reagor at 197 pounds.

He would smoke anyone on our roster.

Deputy Nutz
04-22-2020, 10:01 AM
Here’s the deal though. NFL scouts apparently wanted to see him bigger kinda like a Deebo Samuel mold. He put on a bunch of weight(almost ten pounds) and still ran 4.4 at combine. He took the weight back off and got closer to his natural playing weight and ran in 4.2’s(one of the guys timing was a former NFL scout btw). Makes perfect sense to me.

His film says 4.2-4.3 all day long. I trust two years of film over one day at a combine where he experimented with bulking up. I like Reagor at 197 pounds.

He would smoke anyone on our roster.

Jaire would disagree, he was a tenth of a second faster at the combine. And his three cone of 6.71 was ridiculous.

pbmax
04-22-2020, 12:16 PM

Half hope you are right. I don't have either on my must have list, but I have seen both go in the first round elsewhere.

pbmax
04-22-2020, 12:17 PM
I like Reagor, Mims, Aiyuk, and Shenault. Everything says they will take WR early and often in this draft, however, that means I am willing to bet they won't take WR round 1. Other guys I really like at Pittman Jr. & Cephus. There are guys you might even find in the 6th and 7th that probably could be higher in past years. MY thing is, when does a huge run on WR go? Are other teams thinking round 2 also? If that is the case I take my guy at 30 and get other guys later. It's actually a really good class for Tackles, and not bad for MLB and DT. This draft is seriously made for Green Bay. I think they could even get quality DB's later in the draft that could be good nickel guys. This draft is such a crap-shoot. So much could flip in this draft just because of the things going on in this world. I'm very excited. I've done the 7 round mock on thedraftnetwork.com a ton just seeing different scenarios. I even pulled my nerd side out and just this morning completed a full 2020 draft file on madden based on sports illustrated's big board. For those who have known me on here for years know this is like my Christmas week. I love it. I'm excited for it.

Welcome back stranger!

ND72
04-22-2020, 12:24 PM
Welcome back stranger!

I'm like a shooting star. I show up only once in a while, but when I do, it's beautiful. :glug::wow::bclap:

KYPack
04-22-2020, 02:21 PM
I'm like a shooting star. I show up only once in a while, but when I do, it's beautiful. :glug::wow::bclap:

I agree ND.

Smidgeon
04-22-2020, 02:27 PM
No specific player predictions, but I am expecting a 2008 parallel--a trade back into the second round after a long night of waiting, the Packer selecting someone I wasn't as educated on, and that player turning into a Player. I just hope it's accelerated as Jordy took three years+ to get there.

Fritz
04-22-2020, 04:13 PM
No specific player predictions, but I am expecting a 2008 parallel--a trade back into the second round after a long night of waiting, the Packer selecting someone I wasn't as educated on, and that player turning into a Player. I just hope it's accelerated as Jordy took three years+ to get there.

Well, I won't predict a player since I don't know jack. I'm a lot less interested in boning up on the players (so I thank Nutz for his work), and while I maintain BPA is the way to go I'm also human and cognizant of the team's needs. So, I'm hoping that they get a talented ILB early on (hoping one of the big names falls or they've spotted someone they love), then a defensive lineman, an offensive lineman, and a couple of wide receivers plus a cornerback.

Bretsky
04-22-2020, 05:52 PM
Half hope you are right. I don't have either on my must have list, but I have seen both go in the first round elsewhere.

PHOOOOY

You can stick that Chinn right up your @ss..........LOL

We have too many real needs to take a #3 safety

GB-Brandon
04-22-2020, 06:50 PM
PHOOOOY

The word “safety” shouldn’t even come up in the draft room/discussion unless it’s late on day 3.

RashanGary
04-22-2020, 06:57 PM
Josh Jones. Gutey comes from the Ted Thompson school of good size is more rare than good legs so he'll lean OL/DL with pick 1

RashanGary
04-22-2020, 06:59 PM
The word “safety” shouldn’t even come up in the draft room/discussion unless it’s late on day 3.

Relax, stud muffin. Amos would be a real nice nicklebacker

RashanGary
04-22-2020, 07:02 PM
The RG dream draft is:

Josh Jones OT straight baller
Pittman Jr WR straight baller
Logan Wilson ILB baller

Boom. 3 for 3 long time starters with probowl potential

wist43
04-22-2020, 07:37 PM
Trade up for Reagor.

Don't think Reagor will be there at 30... I love Mims, and would be fine with him at 30, but in the past few days I've settled into wanting Reagor more.

RashanGary
04-22-2020, 07:44 PM
Glad to hear so many names in our area from guys who know football.... Honestly, if gute is good, there's no excuse for not getting a good player with a 1st round pick. I understand there is freak things that happen and occasional shots at potential that don't work out....

But really, you should be able to get a guy who plays football with passion and savvy who's also an athlete. There are a good bunch of them every damn year.

Bretsky
04-22-2020, 07:48 PM
Trade up for Reagor.

Don't think Reagor will be there at 30... I love Mims, and would be fine with him at 30, but in the past few days I've settled into wanting Reagor more.

You'd want to give up our 3rd and our 30 for Raeger ?

Bretsky
04-22-2020, 07:49 PM
The RG dream draft is:

Josh Jones OT straight baller
Pittman Jr WR straight baller
Logan Wilson ILB baller

Boom. 3 for 3 long time starters with probowl potential

I'd be ok with that. I really like Jones and you've nailed some OT's in the past. I'm ok with Pittman and like Wilson

Can we add my boy Ceephus tooo ?

wist43
04-22-2020, 08:00 PM

I'd wait at 30 myself, but I think Reagor will be gone before 30, and I have a hunch Reagor is the guy Lefluer likes.

My top 3 perfect draft would be:

1. Reagor or Mims
2. Elliott or Bartch
3. Willie Gay jr.

GB-Brandon
04-22-2020, 08:03 PM
I would give up our 3rd and 30th for Reagor. They did it with Savage and it worked out. I believe it would work out with Reagor too.

The only thing that makes it tough is I really like Aiyuk too. If they Love Aiyuk then no need to chase Reagor.

wist43
04-22-2020, 08:06 PM
I would give up our 3rd and 30th for Reagor. They did it with Savage and it worked out. I believe it would work out with Reagor too.

The only thing that makes it tough is I really like Aiyuk too. If they Love Aiyuk then no need to chase Reagor.

I've come back up on Aiyuk... had him in the 1st originally, but have been up and down on him. If we take him, I'd prefer to trade down a few spots.

GB-Brandon
04-22-2020, 08:22 PM
I've come back up on Aiyuk... had him in the 1st originally, but have been up and down on him. If we take him, I'd prefer to trade down a few spots.

Totally agree. The thing is after Aiyuk I see a drop off so hope Gute doesn’t try to get too cute with it.

pbmax
04-22-2020, 08:27 PM
PHOOOOY

I'll have you know that Hoody Not Quite A Genius At The Draft has been drafting Chinn in several mocks I have seen. So you clearly will learn to fall in love with him.

RashanGary
04-22-2020, 08:41 PM
Bretsky,

Ever since Barbre I gave up on guys who get beat. I've noticed consistency is the most important quality in OL. Ideally, a guy from an OL factory who has consistent technique and consistently wins his battles. Bulaga was like that and maybe not an ol factory, but Bahktiari was like that. But then you get guys like Sitton, Lang, and this year imma say Josh Jones, who maybe don't have perfect technique but they're still gamers who win their block every down. I like those guys too cuz they get even better in the league...

So that's all I look for, basically a winner, and then good athleticism. It has been a pretty good measure for picking OL and picking busts over the last 10 years or so

Bretsky
04-22-2020, 08:46 PM
Bretsky,

Ever since Barbre I gave up on guys who get beat. I've noticed consistency is the most important quality in OL. Ideally, a guy from an OL factory who has consistent technique and consistently wins his battles. Bulaga was like that and maybe not an ol factory, but Bahktiari was like that. But then you get guys like Sitton, Lang, and this year imma say Josh Jones, who maybe don't have perfect technique but they're still gamers who win their block every down. I like those guys too cuz they get even better in the league...

So that's all I look for, basically a winner, and then good athleticism. It has been a pretty good measure for picking OL and picking busts over the last 10 years or so

i think the dude's name was James Carpenter with Seattle. I recalll nobody thinking much of him and then you plucked him and said he was going round 1, and he did.

RashanGary
04-22-2020, 08:46 PM
Ol who get beat, always get beat. Period. It's been consistent over 15 years of me watching. No matter how athletic they are

RashanGary
04-22-2020, 08:48 PM
i think the dude's name was James Carpenter with Seattle. I recalll nobody thinking much of him and then you plucked him and said he was going round 1, and he did.

Ppl were scared of ol who didn't come from OL factories back then, but I think he was consisyrbt. Back then I was probably just looking at athleticism and luvkrd out tho lol. Still, I'll take it!

RashanGary
04-22-2020, 08:52 PM
I think football, all positions, over the years it's three qualities that seem to fit the good ones.

1. Savvy gamers
2. Prideful grinder personalities
3. Athleticism

Those three things make up all the good and great Packers . So I look for those things.

RashanGary
04-22-2020, 08:56 PM
Seems like most of the misses are on guys who aren't savvy ball players or don't grind at their craft. Athleticism is the easiest to measure.

But that's why I'm so high on Logan Wilson ILB this year. He fits the bill as a ball player and grinder. AND then he showed up with some real good athletic traits. Id bet on that dude .

RashanGary
04-22-2020, 08:57 PM
Same with Pittman Jr. A grinder and baller. A hard nosed dude with QB best friend savvy. Then hit high athletic numbers. Dude is gonna play! I'd bet on him too.

hoosier
04-22-2020, 08:57 PM

So #112 gets you from 37 to 30 but you still have to give up #112 to get from 62 to 56. Something wrong with your math.

RashanGary
04-22-2020, 08:59 PM
When I dig into dudes, it's not just their tape, but what their teammates and coaches say. I wanna hear a guy is a grinder and Tone setter with his ambition and dedication. Without that, guys just don't reach their potential.

Deputy Nutz
04-22-2020, 09:59 PM

Dude you haven't spelled Reagor's name right in 2 months, and every time it's different. Don't ever change.

Deputy Nutz
04-22-2020, 10:01 PM
When I dig into dudes, it's not just their tape, but what their teammates and coaches say. I wanna hear a guy is a grinder and Tone setter with his ambition and dedication. Without that, guys just don't reach their potential.

This sort of sounds like a profile on Grinder. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

wist43
04-22-2020, 10:06 PM
I'd wait at 30 myself, but I think Reagor will be gone before 30, and I have a hunch Reagor is the guy Lefluer likes.

1. Reagor or Mims
2. Elliott or Bartch
3. Willie Gay jr.

Most of the mocks I've been seeing have all of those guys gone by those picks though...

Gay might drop b/c of character issues, but he's a good enough player that I'd take the risk.

GB-Brandon
04-22-2020, 10:28 PM
Most of the mocks I've been seeing have all of those guys gone by those picks though...

Gay might drop b/c of character issues, but he's a good enough player that I'd take the risk.

I’d keep an eye on Jordyn Brooks and Lucas Niang too in the 2nd-3rd round range.

HarveyWallbangers
04-22-2020, 11:30 PM
I'm not a big fan of Gay. He's probably the least instinctive LB I watched this year. He's a big hitter and he's athletic--although I don't think his play speed matches how he tested.

Watch the Louisville game--which was supposed to be his best game. He has a decent start to the game. He caused a fumble when the ball carrier got loose with the ball. He has a big hit at the 1:28 mark. From that point on he was pretty bad. Terrible instincts and angles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_0N9nY6tDA

bobblehead
04-23-2020, 12:21 AM

1. Reagor or Mims
2. Elliott or Bartch
3. Willie Gay jr.

1. Baun or any WR that slipped due to WR depth
2. Taylor or whichever RB slipped or if we got Baun then whichever WR is left as BPA
3. A ZBS guard so we can move Jenkins to RT.

bobblehead
04-23-2020, 12:24 AM
Ol who get beat, always get beat. Period. It's been consistent over 15 years of me watching. No matter how athletic they are

Agree 100%. OL have to have the desire to win every down. The mental makeup to get pissed when they are losing a down and the drive to stay with it and battle to the whistle. If you don't have that, you don't have nothin' It was why I liked Lang early on and Bakh as well.

bobblehead
04-23-2020, 12:28 AM
Seems like most of the misses are on guys who aren't savvy ball players or don't grind at their craft. Athleticism is the easiest to measure.

But that's why I'm so high on Logan Wilson ILB this year. He fits the bill as a ball player and grinder. AND then he showed up with some real good athletic traits. Id bet on that dude .

Positional requirements:

ILB and RB - Instinct. Can't teach it.
CB and WR - physical traits. If you don't have them you get eaten up in space. Hips, burst, speed.
OL/DL - no quit. High motor guys
QB- Ability to process information on a dime. Learn progressions.
S - Sort of the QB of the D. Jack of all trades. The best ones are athletes as well as guys who process the info quickly.

run pMc
04-23-2020, 07:35 AM
I do NOT want them to draft: Ezra Cleveland (USA Today draft w/ Dougherty has GB taking him at 30 - barf) and Jordan Love.

Also - trading up for a WR like Reagor in R1 feels like a reach to me. You're giving up a lot to move up in R1, there's tons of WR depth, and they might want to keep that draft capital to move around late Day2/early Day 3 instead. Feels like a classic case of falling in love with a player and not going by your board.

pbmax
04-23-2020, 07:50 AM
This sort of sounds like a profile on Grinder. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I thought it was a motivational poster that Rashan saw at work.

pbmax
04-23-2020, 07:51 AM
I do NOT want them to draft: Ezra Cleveland (USA Today draft w/ Dougherty has GB taking him at 30 - barf) and Jordan Love.

The last time someone posted like this, it made Gary come true.

Bretsky
04-23-2020, 08:31 AM

We don't need any more Bacon !!!!!!!

run pMc
04-23-2020, 09:01 AM

Yikes...that's true. I really hope I didn't jinx things.
I'd prefer them to trade down a half dozen picks to get an extra Day 3 pick which they could package to get back into late Day 2. Basically, move around to get more picks in the top 75 or 100.

Only scenario I see them wanting to trade up is if a top 10-15 player drops and is still there in the early 20's.

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 09:11 AM
Last year Gary was in the poll and nobody here predicted Gutey would take him. Players in this year's poll who nobody has taken so far:

Yetur Gross-Matos - Edge - Penn St.
Kenneth Murray - LB - Oklahoma
Justin Jefferson - WR - LSU
Jeff Gladney - CB - TCU
Ross Blacklock - LB - TCU
A.J. Espenesa - Edge - Iowa
Austin Jackson - OT - USC

Deputy Nutz
04-23-2020, 09:31 AM
I like a lot of those guys

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 10:01 AM

So do I. I'm guessing Murray and Jefferson are on the list because a lot of people don't think they'll be available at 30.

GB-Brandon
04-23-2020, 10:23 AM
I wouldn’t take Jefferson or Murray even if they were there.

Murray IMO is overhyped and Jefferson feels like a trap to me. He played on the one of the best offenses in college football history with elite QB play. He also primarily lined up against others teams no.2 corner. Add 6’3 at 190lbs and I’m not a buyer in 1st round.

GB-Brandon
04-23-2020, 10:28 AM
Jefferson feels like the WR version of Kevin King to me. Too much risk. Stay the hell away.

SudsMcBucky
04-23-2020, 10:56 AM

If you're not high on guys who aren't savvy ball players or don't grind, why do you like Rashan so much? That was the exact reason prior to the draft last year in the thread he was actually the 1 guy I didn't want that was mocked in that selection range.

RashanGary
04-23-2020, 11:48 AM
Bobble,

Positional requirements:

ILB and RB - Instinct. Can't teach it. Bishop and Eddie Lacy. Both instinctive. One underwhelming athlete, the other lazy. My 3 point system covers those spots too
CB and WR - physical traits. If you don't have them you get eaten up in space. Hips, burst, speed. That WR from Missouri that MVS and EQ both outperformed due to better game savvy. Josh Jackson
OL/DL - no quit. High motor guys Lowry and Lancaster ain't that great
QB- Ability to process information on a dime. Learn progressions. notta huge fan of Doug Peterson or Matt Flynn
S - Sort of the QB of the D. Jack of all trades. The best ones are athletes as well as guys who process the info quickly more Complete here but lazy still counts for something

RashanGary
04-23-2020, 11:50 AM
Bobble, specifically, those are very important qualities and simply put. So I do adjust a little to lean those ways. However, no matter how talented, all great Packers have been workers and savvy and athletic so my 3 part system, I still like it

RashanGary
04-23-2020, 11:52 AM
If you're not high on guys who aren't savvy ball players or don't grind, why do you like Rashan so much? That was the exact reason prior to the draft last year in the thread he was actually the 1 guy I didn't want that was mocked in that selection range.

Gary is a worker. And ab athlete. Yeah, I question his savvy a lot, but he's more of a 3 of a kind player than a full house. Three of a kind aces tho.

RashanGary
04-23-2020, 11:54 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade back for Pittman

Bretsky
04-23-2020, 01:01 PM
I think Murray is the real deal; I would be fine jumping ahead of the Ravens to get him and then moving up in round 2 for a WR.

Bretsky
04-23-2020, 01:03 PM
Gary is a worker. And ab athlete. Yeah, I question his savvy a lot, but he's more of a 3 of a kind player than a full house. Three of a kind aces tho.

I was thinkin Duces

GB-Brandon
04-23-2020, 01:23 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade back for Pittman

Im not certain why there is some people out there that Love Pittman so much. He isn’t Courtland Sutton like I’ve seen him comp’d out with. He is a decent all around prospect but lacks the “Twitch” we need at the position. To me his is just more of the same of what we already have.

I just don’t see any need to make this selection.

GB-Brandon
04-23-2020, 01:27 PM
Gary isn’t a natural football player. Lacks the necessary instincts. A guy that big and athletic should be tearing the league up on pure talent, size, strength alone.

Has nothing to do with how hard he works. He just doesn’t have it.

“Corvette with no Engine”

It’s what happens when you get sold on a one day combine. Throw out all the years of tape and just watch the combine over and over again and salivate.

GB-Brandon
04-23-2020, 01:31 PM
Rashan Gary should be a professional wrestler. I think he would do well at that.

Gute drafted a professional wrestler with the 12th pick of the draft

run pMc
04-23-2020, 01:46 PM
Im not certain why there is some people out there that Love Pittman so much. He isn’t Courtland Sutton like I’ve seen him comp’d out with. He is a decent all around prospect but lacks the “Twitch” we need at the position. To me his is just more of the same of what we already have.

I just don’t see any need to make this selection.

Size, Production, Power 5 school, Bloodlines, Very low drop rate, Ran well at the combine, showed he could separate/compete at the Senior Bowl.
Wouldn't take him R1 but if he's there at 62 or 94 I'd be fine with them taking him. Agree he's similar to a lot of what they have but more talented, plus they'd still need someone with better short area explosion.

run pMc
04-23-2020, 01:48 PM

Likewise, mostly Murray and Jefferson. Don't think they'll be available at 30 but you ever know.

wthigoot
04-23-2020, 02:13 PM
So #112 gets you from 37 to 30 but you still have to give up #112 to get from 62 to 56. Something wrong with your math.

Good point, I didn't notice that, it is a slight overpay on both per the old trade value chart.

https://gbnreport.com/2015-nfl-draft/nfl-draft-trade-value-chart/

30 - 620 for 37 - 540 and 112 - 70 = 610 (GB -10)

---------------

62 - 286 and 112 - 70 = 356 for 56 = 340 (GB -16)

Should be able to get to 54 instead of 56 or get some other better deal if trading up and down in the second

pbmax
04-23-2020, 03:17 PM
Gary isn’t a natural football player. Lacks the necessary instincts. A guy that big and athletic should be tearing the league up on pure talent, size, strength alone.

Has nothing to do with how hard he works. He just doesn’t have it.

“Corvette with no Engine”

It’s what happens when you get sold on a one day combine. Throw out all the years of tape and just watch the combine over and over again and salivate.

It wasn't a one day combine. Coaches have been in love with his athletic talent since high school. He just didn't appear out of nowhere is February 2019.

GB-Brandon
04-23-2020, 03:36 PM
Size, Production, Power 5 school, Bloodlines, Very low drop rate, Ran well at the combine, showed he could separate/compete at the Senior Bowl.
Wouldn't take him R1 but if he's there at 62 or 94 I'd be fine with them taking him. Agree he's similar to a lot of what they have but more talented, plus they'd still need someone with better short area explosion.

I’d rather get Cephus later.

wthigoot
04-23-2020, 03:37 PM
Last year Gary was in the poll and nobody here predicted Gutey would take him. Players in this year's poll who nobody has taken so far:

Yetur Gross-Matos - Edge - Penn St.
Kenneth Murray - LB - Oklahoma
Justin Jefferson - WR - LSU
Jeff Gladney - CB - TCU
Ross Blacklock - LB - TCU
A.J. Espenesa - Edge - Iowa
Austin Jackson - OT - USC

I did have Epenesa on the trade down to #37, but I had to vote for trade down in the poll.

GB-Brandon
04-23-2020, 03:40 PM
It wasn't a one day combine. Coaches have been in love with his athletic talent since high school. He just didn't appear out of nowhere is February 2019.

Regardless; most of these “high athletic guys” that have production or other issues don’t pan out more often then not. It was a huge swing for the fences by Gute and it currently looks like a gigantic miss.

It was an ultimate boom or bust pick.

I couldn’t even count on my hands how many times I was next to a guy that looked like a Greek God and the real deal that was not able to get it done.

“All Show And No Go”

I can see where Gary helps when the team gets off the bus but it stops there.

RashanGary
04-23-2020, 05:47 PM
I could see Pittman sneak into the first round. I have a feeling he's further up teams boards than the media thinks

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 05:59 PM
I could see Pittman sneak into the first round. I have a feeling he's further up teams boards than the media thinks

Not in this draft. Too many great ones. Quintessential 2nd round pick IMO. Now if Gutey trades out of the 1st round...

pbmax
04-23-2020, 06:13 PM
I picked Aiyuk but I am hoping a trade down first. Keep reading Mims is climbing up boards.

red
04-23-2020, 06:13 PM
#1 rule in drafting

Never EVER draft a WR out of USC

It’s like a 99% bust rate

It’s a toss up between that and NEVER EVER draft a QB out of USC

Bretsky
04-23-2020, 07:55 PM
I picked Aiyuk but I am hoping a trade down first. Keep reading Mims is climbing up boards.

I have a feeling Mims and Jefferson end up in Phily and Minnesota

GB-Brandon
04-23-2020, 08:29 PM
#1 rule in drafting

Never EVER draft a WR out of USC

It’s like a 99% bust rate

It’s a toss up between that and NEVER EVER draft a QB out of USC

Pittman does nothing for us.

Bretsky
04-23-2020, 09:47 PM
Pittman does nothing for us.

There are a lot of guys in this draft who would be our second most talented. I don't want Pittman round one, but he's a huge upgrade on our roster

red
04-23-2020, 10:47 PM
imagine that

the two dickheads got the pick right, mad and rand

mraynrand
04-23-2020, 10:49 PM
imagine that

the two dickheads got the pick right, mad and rand

Fuck off, drunk man.

red
04-23-2020, 10:55 PM
Fuck off, drunk man.

lol

i'm just fucking with you too

mraynrand
04-23-2020, 10:56 PM
lol

i'm just fucking with you too

Me too. Except about the drunk part. :) ;)

run pMc
04-23-2020, 10:59 PM

Also - trading up for a WR like Reagor in R1 feels like a reach to me. You're giving up a lot to move up in R1, there's tons of WR depth, and they might want to keep that draft capital to move around late Day2/early Day 3 instead. Feels like a classic case of falling in love with a player and not going by your board.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ. I'm gonna have to self-ban myself from this forum.

mraynrand
04-23-2020, 10:59 PM
Technically we didn’t get it right, because it wasn’t the 30th pick.

red
04-23-2020, 11:01 PM
Me too. Except about the drunk part. :) ;)

i'm actually not

but now i wish i was

mraynrand
04-23-2020, 11:12 PM
i'm actually not

but now i wish i was

lol

Bretsky
04-23-2020, 11:20 PM
Jesus Tapdancing Christ. I'm gonna have to self-ban myself from this forum.

You'll be considered a legend if you picked the Baconator last year also

Bretsky
04-23-2020, 11:21 PM
I have a feeling Mims and Jefferson end up in Phily and Minnesota

Well I got Jefferson in Minnesota right

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 12:18 AM
Mad lives in the Bay Area. He's just tired of Rodgers losing to the 49ers. Man, I remember when we used to own the Niners.

MadtownPacker
04-24-2020, 08:15 AM
Mad lives in the Bay Area. He's just tired of Rodgers losing to the 49ers. Man, I remember when we used to own the Niners.Fuck Bay Area!! Central Cali farmland forever!!

But you are correct. I do not believe Rodgers is good enough anymore to beat strong teams like SF. Even worse they appear to have gotten better with some great picks last night.

I can’t say I knew Gute would pick Love but my gut told me he would get ARod replacement.

MadtownPacker
04-24-2020, 08:18 AM
Technically we didn’t get it right, because it wasn’t the 30th pick.Whats this we talk man??? And yes we got it right cuz that 30th pick was used to trade for the move up. Don’t lets these hoes shame you for being White and right!

SudsMcBucky
04-24-2020, 08:21 AM
You'll be considered a legend if you picked the Baconator last year also

I picked the Baconator last year. Unfortunately, I really didn't think I'd have to pick Love this year because I didn't think Gute could be that effing stupid 2 years in a row. And then he compounds the problem by even trading UP to do this boneheaded disaster of a pick. FFS. Really???

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 08:38 AM
Mad lives in the Bay Area. He's just tired of Rodgers losing to the 49ers. Man, I remember when we used to own the Niners.

Well yesterday definitely closed the gap :)

pbmax
04-24-2020, 08:55 AM
Its times like these that I am glad tex is here to be positive with me.

Sure he's connected to the rest of reality by a thin tether, but he still stands on the bright side :D

Go TPB!

Fritz
04-24-2020, 09:04 AM
It's crazy that Tex, the ultimate Rodgers fan, is the voice of reason on the choice of a QB in the first round.

I wonder how much influence LeFleur had with this pick. Did he advocate for this, or just go along?