04-22-2020, 06:20 PM
Was Antonio Brown. Who disagrees?

sharpe1027
04-22-2020, 07:02 PM
There can be only one.

RashanGary
04-22-2020, 07:25 PM
There can be only one.

True, but I've never seen a guy more Sharpe like than Brown. Both guys careers cut short. Too bad

HarveyWallbangers
04-22-2020, 07:46 PM
They weren't very similar. Sterling was 6'0" 207 lb beast who could run like an RB. He would truck smaller corners. Antonio was a 5'10" 185 lb jitterbug.

Bretsky
04-22-2020, 07:52 PM
How would you compare CeeDee Lamb to Sterling ?

GB-Brandon
04-22-2020, 07:58 PM
Sterling was so so physical. I don’t have Lamb in that category.

pbmax
04-22-2020, 08:26 PM
Hines Ward?

RashanGary
04-22-2020, 08:34 PM
I was watching some sharpe highlights and he moved like brown..... Maybe I was off though. Didn't realize brown was only 185

sharpe1027
04-22-2020, 09:14 PM
He was a bit of a unicorn. Ran good routes and enough explosion to get separation. Great strength to fight for extra yards and for contested balls. Don't think he dropped much, great hands. Who knows what could have been, but I recall several vigourous debates around 94 as to whether he was better than Rice.

RashanGary
04-22-2020, 09:16 PM
He was a bit of a unicorn. Ran good routes and enough explosion to get separation. Great strength to fight for extra yards and for contested balls. Don't think he dropped much, great hands. Who knows what could have been, but I recall several vigourous debates around 94 as to whether he was better than Rice.

More physical than rice for sure. Sharpe and Majic were my hero's as a kid! My neighbor was always Montana and me Sharpe when we played football.

RashanGary
04-22-2020, 09:18 PM
I had a book about QB/WR connections and it was montana/rice and Magic/Sharpe. Had a VHS showing highlights from all the first 20some Superbowls..... I was obsessed with football as a kid. Played every day. I was late to develop, but even being smaller, I had heart and savvy so could play with older kids and make plays

mraynrand
04-22-2020, 09:32 PM
There can be only one.

+1

Instant replay. Detroit wild card. Countless other plays. Stay Sharpe!

Deputy Nutz
04-22-2020, 09:43 PM
Sharpe would have been considered a top 5 all time receiver in the NFL if he never got hurt. Sure he was dick to the media, and was at times a "me" guy with the organization but he had so many unique traits as a wide receiver. He had phenomenal hands, great body control, laser sharp focus on the ball, and loved to embarrass defensive backs that tried to bump and run him.

Freak Out
04-22-2020, 11:34 PM
Sharpe was a once in a lifetime talent. Antonio Brown was a very talented player but....

HarveyWallbangers
04-22-2020, 11:52 PM
If you want to know the essence of Sterling Sharpe, watch these plays:

0:42 - Hands and Speed
1:32 - Route Running and Speed
3:37 - Agility and Quickness
4:17 - Physicality
4:36 - Hands
7:26 - Hands
10:55 - Balance and RAC

Basically, he had it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsgeed3J7JU

bobblehead
04-23-2020, 12:33 AM
James Jones was a poor mans Sterling Sharpe. That was always my impression.

pbmax
04-23-2020, 08:11 AM
Watching the highlights, its easy to see why scouts fall in love with certain traits. Sharpe had great hands and ran routes well and most importantly got open for his QB.

But what stands out on each play is that he is bigger and faster than just about everyone else in the D backfield.

Also, the Lindy Infante offense was unfairly maligned in these parts. If he had Wolf drafting for him, would have been fine. Country club atmosphere that Wolf didn't like also could have been a dispirited ball club that had lost too much.

RashanGary
04-23-2020, 11:18 AM
Was fun watching young Favre too. One of a kind. I see why it was hard for him to break thosr habits late in his career. It's who he was.

But to Favres credit, be had two sweet spots in his career in two different ways.

Deputy Nutz
04-23-2020, 11:56 AM
Was fun watching young Favre too. One of a kind. I see why it was hard for him to break thosr habits late in his career. It's who he was.

But to Favres credit, be had two sweet spots in his career in two different ways.

Favre's arm was his biggest value, and his biggest nemesis. Nothing is more fun than watching an athlete's highlight film and after each play saying, "How did he do that?" Magic, Jordan, Favre, Barry Sanders.....

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 12:06 PM
I was always amazed by Sharpe's ability to get open in key situations when everybody in the stadium knew that Favre or Majik were going to him.

RashanGary
04-23-2020, 12:12 PM
Jennings speed
Jordys knack
Davantes size

Decent skillset

SudsMcBucky
04-23-2020, 12:45 PM
+1

Instant replay. Detroit wild card. Countless other plays. Stay Sharpe!

My buddy and I in college road tripped for the Detroit WC game. Ended up with awesome seats around the 40. Favre's TD to Sterling was almost as high as it was deep. BF had a cannon fo' sho'.

mraynrand
04-23-2020, 01:24 PM
My buddy and I in college road tripped for the Detroit WC game. Ended up with awesome seats around the 40. Favre's TD to Sterling was almost as high as it was deep. BF had a cannon fo' sho'.

Great memories, right??

I was at the last game at County Stadium (“He dives into the end zone!”). Sharpe’s last full game. He caught a TD in the first half of that one. Week later against Tampa he had three in the first half before ending his career in the second.

mraynrand
04-23-2020, 01:33 PM
Favre's arm was his biggest value, and his biggest nemesis. Nothing is more fun than watching an athlete's highlight film and after each play saying, "How did he do that?" Magic, Jordan, Favre, Barry Sanders.....

Favre’s large hand also gave him one of the best pump fakes. He basically could do the entire throwing motion and pull the ball back in. Fooled dbs all the time.

SudsMcBucky
04-23-2020, 03:05 PM
Great memories, right??

I was at the last game at County Stadium (“He dives into the end zone!”). Sharpe’s last full game. He caught a TD in the first half of that one. Week later against Tampa he had three in the first half before ending his career in the second.

No doubt. I was also at the County Stadium snow game when he thought he had crossed the endzone.

RashanGary
04-23-2020, 05:42 PM
Favre’s large hand also gave him one of the best pump fakes. He basically could do the entire throwing motion and pull the ball back in. Fooled dbs all the time.

Came back to bite him in the dick pics. But yes, he sure did.

RashanGary
04-23-2020, 05:44 PM
Nothing looks flimsier than a mushroom top next to 10-1/2 inch hands. You bring in Bridget the midget for that photo shoot. Nice pump fake tho.

Bossman641
04-24-2020, 07:59 AM
I wouldn't compare Brown to Sharpe. Imo, Brown is more like Jennings. Sharpe = a more agile Anquan Boldin?