PDA

View Full Version : Official NFL Draft Day 1 Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

HarveyWallbangers
04-23-2020, 04:36 PM
Of the guys that might realistically (some more than others) be available at #30 or a small trade up, these are the guys I'm on board with:

WR Justin Jefferson
LB Kenneth Murray
LB Patrick Queen
WR Brandon Aiyuk
WR Denzel Mims
OT Josh Jones
WR Jalen Reagor
CB Kristian Fulton
RB Jonathan Taylor
CB A.J. Terrell
CB Jeff Gladney
CB Jaylon Johnson
RB D'Andre Swift
DT Neville Gallimore

pbmax
04-23-2020, 04:38 PM
No Blacklock?

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 04:41 PM
Everybody's been focusing on WR/LB/DL/OT for Packers 1st round pick. Yet, highest ranked player on Gutey's board when Packers pick could well be a CB.

Gotarace
04-23-2020, 04:46 PM
Everybody's been focusing on WR/LB/DL/OT for Packers 1st round pick. Yet, highest ranked player on Gutey's board when Packers pick could well be a CB.
This is Exactly the Reason we have Yippy ...Skippy and Nippy catching balls from the Anointed One. We need to Draft some Offensive Firepower with the upper rounds

pbmax
04-23-2020, 04:50 PM

Who do you think it is? Ohio State and Henderson likely gone.

wist43
04-23-2020, 04:59 PM
They trade up for Reagor or Mims...

My psychic powers are telling me this :glug:

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 05:07 PM
Who do you think it is? Ohio State and Henderson likely gone.

Trevon Diggs, Kristian Fulton, A.J. Terrell, Jeff Gladney are all possibilities.

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 05:20 PM
1 Cincinnati
2 Washington
3 Detroit
4 NY Giants
5 Miami
6 LA Chargers
7 Carolina
8 Arizona
9 Jacksonville
10 Cleveland
11 NY Jets
12 Las Vegas
13 San Francisco (from Indianapolis)
14 Tampa Bay
15 Denver
16 Atlanta
17 Dallas
18 Miami (from Pittsburgh)
19 Las Vegas (from Chicago)
20 Jacksonville (from LA Rams)
21 Philadelphia
22 Minnesota (from Buffalo)
23 New England
24 New Orleans
25 Minnesota
26 Miami (from Houston)
27 Seattle
28 Baltimore
29 Tennessee
30 Green Bay
31 San Francisco
32 Kansas City

RashanGary
04-23-2020, 05:40 PM
Go pack go!

GB-Brandon
04-23-2020, 05:44 PM

The Legacy could continue. :shtf:

CaptainKickass
04-23-2020, 06:11 PM
Obligatory draft day post.

pbmax
04-23-2020, 06:18 PM
They trade up for Reagor or Mims...

My psychic powers are telling me this :glug:

Go to Seattle or get ahead of Phill by trading with Las Vegas Chuckies?

RashanGary
04-23-2020, 06:19 PM
Obligatory draft day post.

We're all getting older . Like 20 years from now there's gonna be a game day thread and you won't show up. We'll all shed a tear, knowing the only possible reason.

pbmax
04-23-2020, 06:19 PM
RASTAK!!

Gonna see if we can conjure him by yelling at him virtually.

Man, I wish Lurker64 was still around.

pbmax
04-23-2020, 06:20 PM
We're all getting older . Like 20 years from now there's gonna be a game day thread and you won't show up. We'll all shed a tear, knowing the only possible reason.

Seriously. Where is Maxie?

RashanGary
04-23-2020, 06:21 PM
Rastak is getting beer. He'll be here.

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 06:38 PM
I'm 62 years old today.

Today is the 31st anniversary of the Packers drafting Tony Mandarich.

Can't believe Tom Braatz did that to me on my birthday.

pbmax
04-23-2020, 06:49 PM
I'm 62 years old today.

Today is the 31st anniversary of the Packers drafting Tony Mandarich.

Can't believe Tom Braatz did that to me on my birthday.

Happy Birthday Joe. At least Mandarich was exciting until the preseason games.

texaspackerbacker
04-23-2020, 07:00 PM
I was told Schefter said the Packers are trying hard to trade up to get Detroit's pick 3rd overall. Why on earth would we do that? Ruggs would be my only guess, and that is high for even him.

RashanGary
04-23-2020, 07:03 PM
Well guys, here we go! We need a Bulaga, Clark, Matthews pick here tonight, notta sherrod, Harrell, Randall!

RashanGary
04-23-2020, 07:04 PM
I was told Schefter said the Packers are trying hard to trade up to get Detroit's pick 3rd overall. Why on earth would we do that? Ruggs would be my only guess, and that is high for even him.

Wow. QB? That's all I can find worth that type of move.

pittstang5
04-23-2020, 07:05 PM

Ha - I don't buy any of that!

red
04-23-2020, 07:06 PM
MAKE THE FUCKING PICK ALREADY!!!!!!!!

shit was suppose to start at 8 and we already know the pick

LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

red
04-23-2020, 07:07 PM

dolphins are trying hard or the #3 pick so they can pacjake the #3 and #5 for the #1

RashanGary
04-23-2020, 07:12 PM
We're all gonna be calm, reasonable and pleasant tonight. I can feel it. Just like me during the eagles and 9ers games last year 😂

pittstang5
04-23-2020, 07:13 PM
8:09 pm Eastern Time - first commercial and no team is even on the clock yet.

RashanGary
04-23-2020, 07:13 PM
God help me not talk about coronavirus tonight. Nobody deserves that

pittstang5
04-23-2020, 07:16 PM
Finally - 8:16 - Bengals on the Clock

Bretsky
04-23-2020, 07:18 PM
Well guys, here we go! We need a Bulaga, Clark, Matthews pick here tonight, notta sherrod, Harrell, Randall, Gary !

:)

red
04-23-2020, 07:18 PM
i just don't fucking get it

the bengals have been on the clock for months. the show starts at 8, the first pick should be made at 8, not 8 fucking 30

shit goes to long into the night already

RashanGary
04-23-2020, 07:21 PM
:)

I can't figure out how to put a pissed off face with my phone. I'm getting old. But picture it

Bretsky
04-23-2020, 07:21 PM
QUIZ

HOW MANY First pick in the draft QB's have won Super Bowls over the last 30 years ?????????????

Rastak
04-23-2020, 07:23 PM
Jesus Christ, make the fucking pick already. Do they have an hour this year?

red
04-23-2020, 07:24 PM
QUIZ

HOW MANY First pick in the draft QB's have won Super Bowls over the last 30 years ?????????????

1, eli?

pittstang5
04-23-2020, 07:24 PM
No clue, but will guess = 2

red
04-23-2020, 07:25 PM
Jesus Christ, make the fucking pick already. Do they have an hour this year?

this is bullshit.

packers won't be drafting until about midnight

who that the queens looking at ras?

Rastak
1, eli?

His brother also right?

Rastak
this is bullshit.

who that the queens looking at ras?

Man, I got no idea. Just along for the ride this year.

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 07:26 PM
JOE BURROW
QB, LSU

CONF SEC - West JERSEY #9 CLASS RS Senior HT 6'4" DOB 12/10/1996 WT 216 lbs
ANALYST'S REPORTS

PROS: Elite football intelligence. Master of pre-snap reads and how his routes mesh with the coverage. Astute understanding of coverage rotations, leverage and spacing. Exceptional anticipatory thrower. Frequently leads targets away from coverage to optimize post-catch opportunities. So much nuance to his work in the pocket in terms of what he does with his eyes, upper body and lower body to manipulate defenders and create throwing windows -- he helps his targets get open. Pinpoint accuracy and ball placement to all levels of the field. Balanced and rhythmic in his drops, footwork is clean and he is always calm. Handles pressure perfectly, keeping his eyes down field, moving within the pocket, eluding rushers and keeping plays alive without putting his team in bad spots. Takes care of the football while still being extremely aggressive and making big time throws to all levels of the field. He’ll stare down the barrel and stick a throw knowing he’s going to take a big hit. Fearless in the pocket and extending plays. Works his progressions and has the ability to read the entire field -- nothing ever has to be simplified for him. Tremendous accuracy on the move. Mechanics and footwork are clean. Can alter his arm slots and remain accurate. Elevated the LSU offense to unprecedented heights. Appears to have all the leadership traits and intangibles needed to become the face of a franchise and respected leader.

CONS: He turns 24 as a rookie, but given his polish and consistency against elite competition, it’s of little concern. Doesn’t have elite arm strength and throwing power but it without question is passable. While he remains accurate, Burrow isn’t immune to flat-footed throws, that generally show up when he speeds up his process.

BEST TRAIT - Accuracy, Football IQ

WORST TRAIT - Arm Strength

RED FLAGS - None

NFL COMP - Tony Romo

Coming off the greatest season in SEC quarterback history, Joe Burrow features a high-level skill set with the makeup of being a dynamic franchise quarterback. His blend of accuracy, ability to handle pressure, mechanics and mental processing skills are all bluechip traits that make him NFL ready in Year One. Burrow may lack elite throwing power, but it’s a minor knock in an overall impressive package.

red
04-23-2020, 07:26 PM
answer is 4

pittstang5
04-23-2020, 07:27 PM
this is bullshit.

Then they'll trade back and won't draft till tomorrow

red
04-23-2020, 07:27 PM
finally

red
04-23-2020, 07:28 PM
Then they'll trade back and won't draft till tomorrow

flashbacks to the jordy nelson draft

Rastak
04-23-2020, 07:28 PM
Shocking first pick, I can see why it took so long to decide.

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 07:30 PM
Redskins on the clock. This should be Chase Young unless somebody trades up to take a QB.

pittstang5
04-23-2020, 07:31 PM

That and the year they drafted King

Fritz
04-23-2020, 07:32 PM
Shocking first pick, I can see why it took so long to decide.

Ras! Good to see you again.

From Detroit, the fans are already bitching and the Leos haven't even done anything yet!

Rastak
04-23-2020, 07:33 PM
If I were king of the world I'd ban all interviews during the draft and limit highlights to 30 seconds total. I'd also mandate the discussion turn to the next pick immediately after the previous pick was made.

Rastak
04-23-2020, 07:33 PM
Ras! Good to see you again.

From Detroit, the fans are already bitching and the Leos haven't even done anything yet!

Hey Fritz, they should be on the clock now!

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 07:34 PM
CHASE YOUNG
EDGE, Ohio State

CONF Big Ten - East JERSEY #2 CLASS Junior HT 6'5" DOB 04/14/1999 WT 265 lbs
ANALYST'S REPORTS
MarinoHarrisReidCrabbs
PROS: Lean, muscular build engineered for playing 4-3 defensive end. Powerful, physical and disciplined run defender. Sets firm edges and process the run very well. Extremely comfortably stepping down, taking on pullers and squeezing gaps. Keeps working his hand fits throughout each rep to control blockers. Pass rushing skill set is elite. Fluid release out of his stance with rapid accelerating while generally anticipating the snap well. Works his feet and upper body to draw offensive tackles out of their pass sets, creating rush angles and favorable opportunities to attack the pocket. Quickly eats up turf with his stride, but also knows how to vary his steps to set up his rush plan. Impressive moments where he gets to half man when the blocker thinks he’s square. Has the flexibility needed to reduce his surface area and corner. Understands rush angles. Hand work and rush variety is incredible. Has no shortage of combos and he always has a plan. Each game is a showcase of that variety and he’s effective with dip/rip, chop/swim, long-arm stabs, club/rip, cross/chop, speed-to-power, lift and straight speed rush. Snatch and push/pull are also present. Fluid in coverage drops with a clear understanding of his landmarks and spacing. Effortless change of direction ability and he easily flows laterally towards the sideline.

CONS: Young can do a better job with his pad level in some reps. There are instances where he pops straight up out of his stance. Other times he’s upright by step three of his rush. If he’s dropping in coverage, it’s easy to pick up based on his stance; weight is all almost all back on his feet and stance can be frog-like.

BEST TRAIT - Pass Rush

WORST TRAIT - Pad Level

RED FLAGS - None

NFL COMP - Jevon Kearse

Chase Young is a rare defensive prospect with an elite overall skill set. Projecting most favorably to a role at the next level as a 4-3 defensive end, Young is without limitations and any minor concerns about his projection to the next level are minor. Young profiles as an instant impact edge defender with the upside to become one the NFLs most prolific defensive playmakers. He’s polished, powerful, athletic and features every desirable physical trait needed to excel in the NFL. Young is a top of the first round talent in any draft.

pittstang5
They're calling Chase Young "The Predator" - Ummm, no, there is only one predator and that was Al Harris

pbmax
That relative of Chase a Young wore his dress sweats for the broadcast :)

red
04-23-2020, 07:35 PM
no chase young for you detroit

suck it

pbmax
04-23-2020, 07:35 PM

Those drafts sucked if you had been drinking all day at the bar.

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 07:36 PM
Now it gets interesting. Lot of talk that teams would try to trade up to #3. Lions probably want Okudah.

Rastak
04-23-2020, 07:37 PM
Now it gets interesting. Lot of talk that teams would try to trade up to #3. Lions probably want Okudah.

Probably Joe.....unless someone blows them away I would guess they keep the pick after Slay left.

red
04-23-2020, 07:38 PM

lions should be able to trade back and get him

Rastak
04-23-2020, 07:38 PM
Do we want to avoid spoilers here tonight?

Rastak
04-23-2020, 07:40 PM
Damn, his Mom died terribly young.....jeez.

red
04-23-2020, 07:40 PM

i don't care

i'm watching some feed that is probably a few minutes slow anyways

i say spoil away

pbmax
04-23-2020, 07:41 PM
Only reason for Packers to go up this high (tex’s Rumor) would have been to get the DT Brown. He’s still there

pbmax
04-23-2020, 07:41 PM
I am pro spoilers Ras.

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 07:42 PM
Giants on the clock. Simmons or Wills.

pbmax
04-23-2020, 07:43 PM
Giants on the clock. Simmons or Wills.

Maybe Simmons

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 07:43 PM

I think that's preferable.But that's just me.

If you're going to be pro spoiler, what's your source?

Rastak
04-23-2020, 07:44 PM
Ha! A tweet......from Tommy Kramer.....

Tommy Kramer
@Kramer9Tommy
·
18m
1977 sitting in my dorm room. Packers called me and said they were taking me with the 28th pick in the 1st round. Bud Grant picked me at number 27. Grinning face

pbmax
04-23-2020, 07:47 PM
OK, what skywalk at what mall are they shooting those outdoor scenes at?

pbmax
Ras what Twitter account is spoiling?

Rastak
The Giants are taking Georgia OT Andrew Thomas with the No. 4 pick, per source.

Rastak
04-23-2020, 07:49 PM
Ras what Twitter account is spoiling?

I'm just looking at my feed in general. Some dude named Dan Duggan. In this case at least.

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 07:49 PM
ANDREW THOMAS
OT, Georgia

CONF SEC - East JERSEY #71 CLASS Junior HT 6'5" DOB -- WT 320 lbs
ANALYST'S REPORTS
SolakMarinoHarrisCrabbsReid
Footwork: Quality work on 45-degree and vertical sets in general, though if he loses the first step, he doesn't have the necessary foot speed to gain depth and recover, so he has to flip his hips and carry rushers beyond the quarterback's set points. Quiet feet with good post foot maintenance when someone tries to come inside him and can settle his feet into his anchor immediately against power, with good ankle flexibility to fight pressure with pressure.

Pass Protection Technique: Long, strong, and stout. Extremely difficult to go through him because of his mass and lower-body power with a quality base and hip sink for a player of his size, and extremely difficult to go around because of his length and upper-body power. Denies inside counter moves with framing on 45-degree and vertical sets and is willing to let rushers get to his outside hip, then open the door and push them beyond the peak of pocket, which will not be as successful in the NFL against bendy rushers.

Run Blocking Technique: Like a runaway train with Deontay Wilder's reach. Shocking power at the point of contact to immediately uproot opponents. Regularly wrenches defensive tackles and ends out of gaps and road-paves on power concepts when he's offered an angle to crash a double team or climb/pull on power concepts. Able to get his hips and shoulders below his target and explode upwards to break their anchor, but ability to tag with length and upper-body power on the second level without having his hips coiled/uncoiled is truly special.

Quickness: Not the quickest dude on the block, but sufficient for a player as devastating as he is in his range of influence. Keeps a balanced base and stays married to the ground, which maximizes his recovery quickness and gives him a good range of influence. Will fail to connect with jitterbug second-level defenders in the running game, but is too big to get around and still impact the play anyway.

Flexibility: Has quality bend through his knees and hips to get below his opponent's pads and win the leverage game, which, when you consider his power, makes him pretty devastating. Has some waist-bending tendencies when he panics but shows a quality ability to remain balanced across all his sets, and further coaching on his responses to various rushers should eliminate this tendency.

Balance: Great balance in deeper sets and is always patient and ready, waiting for the rusher to declare so he can latch and drive. Ability to re-anchor against power and releverage his hands back underneath contact to fight pressure with pressure is tremendous. Will waist-bend at times as a panic response to rushers who get on top of him quick.

Upper Body Strength: Hog molly! He's got cannonballs for hands and when he lands his punch from a balanced base he can literally stonewall rushers immediately on their track. Grip rarely gets broken and he can ragdoll NFL-caliber opponents with tremendous lockout of his elbows and wrists. Shocking upper body control in tight areas makes him impervious to the bull rush.

Lower Body Power: He's a daggum fire hydrant. Ability to sit on power rushes and just gobble up high-momentum and powerful rushers is elite for college, and when he gets latched onto speed rushes or inside counters, even from a recovery position, he's quickly able to get his hips activated and start driving opponents out of the play. Can fire into space out of his stance and get on top of angles with his epxlosiveness.

Violence: Nasty. Wants to finish and looks for work and opportunities to hit when he's free. Will pick you up and put you down if you come passively to him and projects well to playing in a system that will let him jump set so he can land mitts early and throw people around.

Round Grade: Early 1

Best Trait: Lower Body Power

Worst Trait: Flexibility

Player Comparison: Cam Robinson

Summary: Andrew Thomas is an elite college tackle who projects as much the same in the NFL level, as long as he's used appropriately. Thomas is far from a dancing bear and shouldn't be asked to take outside zone paths as a primary responsibility, but as a people-mover in the running game, he has as devastating and exciting a profile as recent memory affords. Thomas is a quality pass protector who handles speed rushers with aplomb and control, and further experience and coaching in the league will help him maximize his length and recruit more aggressive sets to protect him from surrendering a two-way go on an island. For teams that let him play ugly, nasty, and downhill, Thomas is a Year 1 starter with a Pro Bowl ceiling.

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 07:50 PM
Mild surprise. Couple OT's most had rated higher than him.

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 07:51 PM
Miami up. Tua?

Rastak
04-23-2020, 07:51 PM
Miami up. Tua?Likely I guess.

Rastak
04-23-2020, 07:54 PM
It's Tua

per Albert Breer....

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 07:54 PM
I drop my opposition to spoilers. Not really watching TV broadcast.

bobblehead
04-23-2020, 07:55 PM
I am 3 of 4 in contest. Missed okuda.....thought it would be traded for Herbert.

Rastak
04-23-2020, 07:56 PM
I'll stop if anyone asks but this broadcast kinda sucks, as is true the last several years. Too much bullshit and no analysis.

pbmax
Miami up. Tua?

Yep

Joemailman
TUA TAGOVAILOA
QB, Alabama

CONF SEC - West JERSEY #13 CLASS Junior HT 6'1" DOB 03/02/1998 WT 219 lbs

PROS: Love how controlled he is among chaos and somehow finds ways to stay in rhythm. He’s a cool customer that wins from the feet up in the pocket. Does a terrific job navigating the pocket, keeping his eyes down the field and finding his outlets under duress. He isn’t the tallest quarterback but the density of his frame is ideal for his style of play. He is balanced and rhythmic with his footwork in the pocket and is generally synched up properly with his routes. Has success challenging all levels of the field with sound accuracy. Takes full advantage of the incredible speed at his disposal with the Bama WRs and works the football down the field with excellent success. Generally does well to get himself aligned properly to his targets. Very deliberate with lower body follow through and rotation. There were some challenges late in the 2018 season but Tua generally reads coverages with comfort and understands coverage rotation while showcasing the ability to hit throws with anticipation. Processing speed is mostly sound. Does well to recognize opportunities pre-snap and execute post-snap. Love his overall tempo between his drops, progressions and trigger. Effectively mixes up his fastball and changeup based on the type of throw required for the situation. Makes some gorgeous touch throws that are dropped in the bucket and between zones. Impeccable character and leadership qualities.

CONS: Delivery features a slight hitch. Base will occasionally narrow and impact his release point. Has some intermittent issues staying on top of the ball on quick outs. Missed some coverage rotations vs Georgia and Clemson late in 2018 that led to costly turnovers. On a few instances (enough to note), it appeared that he didn’t read the same leverage as his receiver on some deep shots. Arm strength is good enough but he doesn’t have a cannon. Injury history is concerning.

BEST TRAIT - Accuracy

WORST TRAIT - Durability

RED FLAGS - 2019 Hip Injury

NFL COMP - Drew Brees

Tua Tagovailoa features a skill set that translates wonderfully to the style of offense that productive NFL teams employ. His quick processing skills, trigger, accuracy and ability to remain comfortable under duress are exceptional qualities that give him a great chance to succeed at the next level. Tagovailoa does have a concerning injury history, some room for mechanical improvement and modest throwing power to be mindful of. From an intangibles and leadership perspective, Tagovailoa has the right DNA to become the face of the franchise his organization can be proud of. He has the upside to start when he’s cleared medically and develop into an unquestioned starter for a prolific offense.

Bretsky
04-23-2020, 07:58 PM
YES or NO.......................Does GB draft tonight ????????/

Rastak
04-23-2020, 07:58 PM
I don't mind a few minutes of analysis of the pick just made but why not move on and discuss the next team's options?

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 07:59 PM
Anybody surprised to no trades yet?

Chargers on the clock.

MadtownPacker
04-23-2020, 08:00 PM
I'll stop if anyone asks but this broadcast kinda sucks, as is true the last several years. Too much bullshit and no analysis.I ain’t watching in so MC this shit mofo.

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 08:00 PM
YES or NO.......................Does GB draft tonight ????????/

No.

My dream is trade down into the 2nd and pick up a 3rd. Then package your 2 3's to move up into 2nd round for 3 2nd round picks.

Rastak
04-23-2020, 08:01 PM
Anybody surprised to no trades yet?

Chargers on the clock.

A little yea. Seems like a good draft so wouldn't surprise me either way.

Bretsky
WE WANT A QB to go here; more the merrier. Maybe somebody picks Jordan Love ahead of us too

MadtownPacker
YES or NO.......................Does GB draft tonight ????????/Nah bitch they are moving down and drafting Rodgers replacement.

red
brady quinn is a fucking moron

his arguing that tua isn't injury prone because he chose to have the 2 ankle surgeries so he could get back on the field faster

he just couldn't understand that he was still hurt in the first place

Rastak
I ain’t watching in so MC this shit mofo.

Sup Mad? How's Cali....?

Rastak
04-23-2020, 08:02 PM
Herbert it is....makes sense.

MadtownPacker
04-23-2020, 08:03 PM
Sup Mad? How's Cali....?Its was nice the last few weeks but on my way home right now the highway had way too many disgusting human again.

SMBASS
04-23-2020, 08:03 PM
Never would have picked Tua that high. The injury history plus I don't think he's going to be that big of a difference maker when he's not surrounded by next level talent on his team.

Rastak
04-23-2020, 08:04 PM
Its was nice the last few weeks but on my way home right now the highway had way too many disgusting human again.

Fucking roadways are pretty empty these days it seems. At least in relative terms.

wist43
04-23-2020, 08:04 PM
I ain’t watching in so MC this shit mofo.

In English please!!! You know I don't speak Spanish!!

https://youtu.be/I0UOdtWa3_o

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 08:05 PM
JUSTIN HERBERT
QB, Oregon

CONF Pac-12 - North JERSEY #10 CLASS Senior HT 6'6" DOB 03/10/1998 WT 227 lbs
ANALYST'S REPORTS
HarrisSolakCrabbsReidMarino
Arm Accuracy - Misses some throws breaking to the sideline or when he's forced off of his spot. When he's in rhythm, it's picturesque. Throws pretty ball on bucket throws and high end flashes on back shoulder balls or working over the MOF in the intermediates. Will ask targets to work too often.

Decision Making - Seems to have one throw a game you wish you could throw out — he's typically pretty safe and understands value of throwing to leverage but execution isn't always there and ball security is compromised as a result. Operated a lot of quick game/screens, boosting easy decisions.

Progressions - Can be late coming off of his primary read and don't see him take full field reads as often as you'd probably like from a long-term starter. Hasn't been tasked with lots of developed reads in 2019 offense, typically given WR screens and schemed quick throws in bunches.

Anticipation - Accuracy issues seem to stem at times from lack of feel for spot throws, particularly to the boundary. Needs to sense pressure and understand how ID hot and know when rushers are going to get a free run in the pre-snap to diminish hits and negative plays.

Poise - He's best in quick game, in structure and when clean in the pocket. Don't think he's got a knack for thriving off script but he's got all the physical tools to string together an escape from the pocket and throw on the move or standing in to deliver a hit to targets he sees clean.

Arm Strength - Ball will absolutely explode off of his hand. When he's got his primary read and confident to rip it, he'll tear up tight coverage and hammer the ball home. Comfortable pushing the ball vertically down the field. Power on throws helps aid him in masking for late decisions at times.

Pocket Awareness - Awareness versus rush seems to come and go. Like what he's able to do against interior pressure to stand in and let it rip but there are times he looks completely off guard vs. free rushers and internal clock needs to speed up to help him avoid extra sacks and negative plays.

Mechanics - Eye popping throws in difficult circumstances illustrate some natural arm talent but then he'll hit you with a routine ball that dies midair because he's locked the lower half and doesn't drive the football. Doesn't loop delivery to the degree of endangering the ball in windup.

Footwork - He does well to stay balanced when standing tall to survey from the pocket and like how he gets downhill when forced to roll out and throw while on the move. Will sit on his back foot vs. power rushes inside and fail to get on top of the ball, forcing him to miss high.

Mobility - Legs are a huge threat to defenses. He was a more dynamic runner in 2018 but he's got the burst, the size and the strength to really test defenders on the second level if he breaks contain. That said, feel for flushing out interior gaps and gouging defenses isn't overly natural.

---

Best Trait - Arm Strength

Worst Trait - Consistency

Best Film - Stanford (2018)

Worst Film - Auburn (2019)

Red Flags - None

Player Summary - Justin Herbert has all of the physical tools to become a franchise quarterback in the NFL, particularly for a vertical passing offense. Herbert presents as a player with consistency issues on timing throws and troublesome lapses under pressure. Ball security is another issue, so Herbert will need to be aided by high level interior OL play to protect him from consistent duress. If everything clicks, he's a top tier talent. But the wrong situation could be nuclear.

wist43
04-23-2020, 08:06 PM
Fucking roadways are pretty empty these days it seems. At least in relative terms.

Been running a lot of freight... been nice :)

Traffic is starting to pick up though.

Rastak
04-23-2020, 08:06 PM
Hey does Oregon ever post around here anymore?

MadtownPacker
04-23-2020, 08:07 PM
Never would have picked Tua that high. The injury history plus I don't think he's going to be that big of a difference maker when he's not surrounded by next level talent on his team.How come it is never one of the huge islanders that turn up as top QBs. Seems like they are alway smaller. Seems like none of them last physically. Forcing the bigs one OL and DL too much maybe.

pbmax
WE WANT A QB to go here; more the merrier. Maybe somebody picks Jordan Love ahead of us too

Yes

HarveyWallbangers
Mild surprise. Couple OT's most had rated higher than him.

My #1 OT. Good pick for the Giants IMHO.

wist43

Going to New York on Saturday... that's never fun.

Rastak
04-23-2020, 08:08 PM
Going to New York on Saturday... that's never fun.

Good luck with that brother. Can't be fun. Less traffic though once again.

pbmax
Its was nice the last few weeks but on my way home right now the highway had way too many disgusting human again.

Good to know you are essential!

HarveyWallbangers
Herbert is not a surprise. Tua's injury concerns are legit.

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 08:09 PM
Panthers on the clock. This has to be Simmons with retirement of Kuechly. No?

Bretsky
Mad you got some hot latinas with ya right now ???

MadtownPacker
Been running a lot of freight... been nice :)

Traffic is starting to pick up though.
A master of ceremonies, abbreviated MC, is the official host of a ceremony, staged event, conference, convention or similar performance.

This doesn’t help the image I have of you being a dumb redneck.

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 08:10 PM

Was it his run blocking that did it for you?

Rastak
04-23-2020, 08:10 PM

So Gettleman isn't as stupid as everyone says. He loved the dude per some twitter stuff.

Rastak
04-23-2020, 08:11 PM
DT Brown to the Panthers.

pbmax
04-23-2020, 08:11 PM
It’s never been more obvious that coaches are never actually at home.

Bare walls like a college dorm.

HarveyWallbangers
04-23-2020, 08:12 PM
Herbert is not a surprise. Tua's injury concerns are legit.

Ignore me. I'm behind on the broadcast and thought Herbert went to the Dolphins. :)

Joemailman
DERRICK BROWN
IDL, Auburn

CONF SEC - West JERSEY #5 CLASS Senior HT 6'5" DOB 04/15/1998 WT 318 lbs

Hand Technique/Length - Hands are precise! Lands powerful blows to offset forward push with good timing and placement. Little issue with pressing and extending his arms to establish stack of blocks before tossing or discarding blockers to uncover into desired gap and challenge the football.

Competitive Toughness - Surreal motor for a player of his stature. He's an absolute load in the middle, a heavyweight who wins positioning and is constantly playing on the plus side of the line of scrimmage. The only times he's bubbled is when he gets caught up in a huddled mess of traffic from a lot of bodies on the interior.

Two Gap Ability - Hand power and anchor allow him to roll up blockers with ease. Comfortable keying blocks and backfield action before shedding late to uncover as the ball carrier presses into his vicinity. Presence is stout versus individual blocks and he holds well vs. chips to maintain control and not get pushed.

Gap Penetration Skills - Thanks to his quickness he can be very potent in trying to shoot gaps, plus you tack on his functional balance and you'd better have quick feet to set up in front of him. Strong rip move and surface reduction to "get skinny" and slip through A-gaps when he's asked to do so.

Tackling - Black hole of a presence on the interior. If you run at him, shame on you -- odds are you're not going to get a lot of action without a double. He's got strong grip and a notable wingspan to reach out and clamp while still engaged with a blocker, too.

Flexibility - Surprisingly dynamic in lateral situations -- he's won off the edge by dipping the inside shoulder and running the edge. Pad level can get the best of him from time to time but when he's focused and intent he's stout and shows good coil through his stance to drive and roll up under the pads of blockers.

Pass Rush Counters - How many guys at this size do you know that can snatch an OT and dip to run the edge? He can. Impressive power in his hump move to work back across face and his rip/dip provides urgency to push through on a linear attack to the quarterback. Diverse and well developed here.

First Step Quickness - When he really wants to, look out! Absolutely freight train of a first step when he's teeing off at the snap, provides sudden push that will overwhelm centers and a lot of guards, too. If he takes you full man on man, he's into the body before you know what's hit you and put you into recovery mode.

Feet/COD - His cornering as a pass rusher is super impressive. There is a little bit of a limitation trying to gear down and redirect his momentum due to his frame and stature -- that's a lot of mass to stop on a dime. Not a lot of reps where he's isolated in space but if he's balanced, I like his odds to make the play.

Versatility - If you can dream something up, odds are he can do it. Can play up and down the line as a true nose, at 1T/3T/5T or even as a base end. He's a dream come true for multiple front defenses, where he can be moved and still execute different tasks at a high level.

---

Best Trait - Explosiveness

Worst Trait - Short Area COD

Best Film - LSU (2019)

Worst Film - Alabama (2018)

Red Flags - None

Summary - Derrick Brown is one of the most complete interior defensive line prospects to pass through the draft process in recent memory. Odd fronts, even fronts, as a two-gap defender or a penetration player -- Brown is a dynamic force who wins in any way you could possibly need him to. His explosive power wins first contact or gaps with consistency and his upper body power, motor and instincts are all plus qualities. Plug and play starter with All-Pro potential at the NFL level.

pbmax
So Gettleman isn't as stupid as everyone says. He loved the dude per some twitter stuff.

Today someone wrote that he is good at identifying talent but works backwards on roster construction.

Rastak
04-23-2020, 08:13 PM
Today someone wrote that he is good at identifying talent but works backwards on roster construction.

Might have fixed that here....get the guys up front.

HarveyWallbangers
04-23-2020, 08:14 PM
Was it his run blocking that did it for you?

Thomas is a great technician and he's equally as good run blocking as pass blocking. When I look at Wirfs, he's a good run blocker, but he needs work as a pass blocker. Wills is the opposite. I thought Thomas was the one without any holes to his game.

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 08:14 PM
Cardinals on the clock. Could start a run on WR's.

wist43
04-23-2020, 08:15 PM
A master of ceremonies, abbreviated MC, is the official host of a ceremony, staged event, conference, convention or similar performance.

This doesn’t help the image I have of you being a dumb redneck.

LOL

pbmax
Maybe there won’t be trades tonight.

Rastak
WR dropping a bit....Vikes don't pick until 22 so it's gonna be a while for me. You guys are even later.

Joemailman
ISAIAH SIMMONS
LB, Clemson

CONF Atlantic Coast - Atlantic JERSEY #11 CLASS RS Junior HT 6'4" DOB 07/26/1998 WT 230 lbs
ANALYST'S REPORTS
CrabbsSolakHarrisMarino
Football IQ - Nose for the football is excellent. Trusts his OL keys to attack and flow forward as needed and illustrates natural feel for direct pathways to the football in traffic. Tasked with endless responsibilities and roles and thrives in nearly every single one of them.

Tackling - Tackle radius is plentiful thanks to enormous wingspan and explosive burst to close ground. Impressive body control to tilt, lean and work into the body, showing strong flexibility to maximize his influence and still play with significant force and finishing power.

Block Shedding - Long arms create a difficult landmark for most blockers to achieve, he's highly effective at extending himself and stacking blocks. Shows good initial punch to offset any forward charge and sufficient in firm shedding techniques to pull himself free of hands.

Competitive Toughness - Effort is A+. Does all of the little things in pursuit that net extra production. He's versatile and capable of playing in the box with imposing presence or flying around on third level and serving as a prowler to buzz to the catch point and deliver booming hits.

Lateral Mobility - Sideline to sideline range and shows natural ability to open his hips during scrapes over the top of the box. His short area quickness will allow him to jump across face of blockers as a blitzer. Love how he closes and squeezes D-gap on the edge.

Coverage Skills - His feel in shallow zone is still hit or miss, peripheral vision can miss opportunities to sink and jump throws — but ball production was better in 2019. Man to man abilities are through the roof and has the ability to play press man or turn and run coverage on almost all TEs.

Gap Shooting Ability - Have seen him overtake defenders with well timed jump of the snap from the second level. Initial quickness will defeat many blocks climbing to the second level and allow for impact plays in the backfield. Dynamic to flash and work into the LOS.

Feet/COD - Smooth. Really like his patience and trust in his athletic ability to not stress or overextend himself. Click and close ability is complimented with burst and he also shows impressive mobility in the lower half to catch and adjust his pursuit angles with steep turns.

Flexibility - Unicorn level athlete that moves with fluidity and mobility that shouldn't be possible for a player of his stature. Hip looseness is tremendous to flip and carry route stems in tight coverage at the LOS. Lateral lean to carry speed through corners is excellent.

First Step Quickness - Moves like a defensive back, he'll overwhelm ball carriers, quarterbacks and offensive linemen alike from his various alignments. One of the most dynamic athletes in the entire class — he just so happens to be built like a linebacker.

---

Best Trait - Versatility

Worst Trait - Zone Coverage Anticipation

Best Film - Ohio State (2019)

Worst Film - Alabama (2018)

Red Flags - None

Summary - Isaiah Simmons is a blue chip prospect with unparalleled versatility. His unbelievable length and athletic gifts make him a sensible fit for a number of positions, including MIKE, SAM, SS and a nickel LB in coverage. Simmons has explosive qualities and will be an asset vs. the run and pass alike. He's a game changing player who should be coveted as a true 3-down linebacker/hybrid defender who can be the pivotal chess piece in a weekly defensive game plan.

MadtownPacker
04-23-2020, 08:16 PM
It’s is good being on here with all of you. No Rastak, Oregon isn’t around anymore.

Makes me wish this could be 2010 draft. It was one of the greatest years of my life.

Rastak
Maybe there won’t be trades tonight.

Seems that way, right? I though there would be a few significant moves at the top, so far nothing.

Bretsky
RAS I think you guys are going to take Mims or Jefferson

pbmax
04-23-2020, 08:17 PM
Thought for sure Cardinals take N OL.

MadtownPacker
Joe put the damn team they are going to. I’m going off what you say perro.

Joemailman
Jags on the clock.

Rastak
04-23-2020, 08:18 PM
RAS I think you guys are going to take Mims or Jefferson

Not sure, have no feel for it. I just know CB,WR and OL make sense position wise.

Bretsky
04-23-2020, 08:18 PM
CE DEE LAMB is coming soon. I just hope him or Jeudy don't got to SF

pbmax
04-23-2020, 08:19 PM
It’s is good being on here with all of you. No Rastak, Oregon isn’t around anymore.

Makes me wish this could be 2010 draft. It was one of the greatest years of my life.

Didn’t know you were that big a fan of Bryan Bulaga.

HarveyWallbangers
04-23-2020, 08:19 PM
Thomas is a great technician and he's equally as good run blocking as pass blocking. When I look at Wirfs, he's a good run blocker, but he needs work as a pass blocker. Wills is the opposite. I thought Thomas was the one without any holes to his game.

Plus, he was a LT in college. The other guys were RTs. That's a bit of bonus.

Rastak
04-23-2020, 08:22 PM
Pick was in two minutes ago damn it.

pbmax
MGIII !

MadtownPacker
Didn’t know you were that big a fan of Bryan Bulaga.None of these draft picks should be expected to make a super bowl run. The Packers as you know did win it. The Giants won World Series. I made a huge jump career wise. That year also holds saddest moment. Dad passed away that year.

Bretsky
04-23-2020, 08:23 PM
I think Favrechilid is a stripper somewhere...haha

MadtownPacker
04-23-2020, 08:23 PM
Seems that way, right? I though there would be a few significant moves at the top, so far nothing.
Packers trading down. My source just told me.

MadtownPacker
04-23-2020, 08:24 PM
I think Favrechilid is a stripper somewhere...hahaAsshole!! Did you not see 007 posted in the Romper room??

Joemailman
Jags take C.J. Henderson.

C.J. HENDERSON
CB, Florida

CONF SEC - East JERSEY #5 CLASS Junior HT 6'1" DOB 09/30/1998 WT 202 lbs

Background: Henderson played primarily running back at Columbus High School (FL), notching 636 rushing yards combined during his final two seasons on the varsity level. He received offers from multiple Power 5 schools to play running back, but after an injury plagued senior season, his body couldn’t withstand the asking of playing in the backfield any longer. As a result, he transitioned to cornerback, where he began to have lots of success.

The player that he grew up idolizing was former Gator Joe Haden and he’s the reason behind choosing Florida and donning the famous No. 5 jersey number prior too his junior season. His career got off to a fast start as he started in five of the 11 games that he participated in during his true freshman season. Quickly making a name for himself, he intercepted passes in back-to-back games – becoming the first true freshman in program history to do so. Returning both passes for touchdowns, he’s also the only true freshman since 1996 to record pick-sixes in consecutive weeks. His four interceptions were tied for the most among the team.

Building off of an impressive 2017 campaign, he continued his success as a true sophomore. Turning himself into a staple of the Gators secondary. Accumulating 38 tackles and two interceptions, he became a second-team All-SEC selection. Henderson was awarded with wearing the illustrious No. 1 jersey number, which hadn’t been worn since Vernon Hargreaves III in 2015.

During his final season, Henderson started in all nine games that he participated in. He battled an ankle injury that he suffered during the second game of the year. During that span, he collected 33 tackles and 11 pass breakups, which led to him becoming a first-team All-SEC selection. Lito Sheppard (2002), Joe Haden (2010), and Vernon Hargreaves III (2016) are the latest Florida cornerbacks to become first-round selections. Henderson is vying to become the next in line.

Scheme Fit: Man

Round Projection: Mid-Late 1st-Round

Positive (+)

Length: Henderson primarily played in an off-ball positioning pre-snap. He possesses arms that are like vines. They are long and lanky frame throughout. Even though his body may not be in proper positions, his arm length and reach enable almost absolute possibilities to make plays on the ball. His arm extensions smother throwing windows and make it hard for throwers to fit balls into them consistently.

Click-Close Violence: He’s able to attack back downhill once passes are caught in front of him. Henderson is prone to drive down stems aggressively by showing well above average burst and acceleration in order to make tackles. In the short-to-intermediate areas, his awareness and understanding of angles are high. He frequently baits throwers into attempts while still maintaining the measured distance in order to impact plays.

Ball Skills: Henderson catches the ball comfortably almost as if he’s a receiver. He has examples of interceptions at all different area levels. The former Gator defender shows that he can attack the ball out of the air, while also scooping it out of lower areas, which is an added incentive that takes his game to another level because of it.

Negatives (–)

Disengaging/Slight Build: When wideouts were able to get their hands inside of his chest while run blocking, Henderson struggled to disengage while attempting to get off blocks. His lack of strength was evident and there are plays where he was forced to the sideline, which allowed rushers to secure the edge for explosive plays. A body that’s far from filled out, his lack of strength and mass shows up in certain parts of his game. Continuing to add weight should be seen as a top priority, otherwise, physical receivers who aren’t afraid to get handsy with him could potentially have their way with Henderson during route stems and when competing during run plays.

Press Technique: His pre-snap stance involves only a slight amount of knee bend. The type of technique that Henderson attempts to execute puts a lot of stress on his consistency of being able to collision wideouts a few moments into routes. He relies heavily on collisions in order to delay route timing and knock targets off of their intended track. Henderson also plays high and his eyes often get caught looking back at the quarterback prematurely as he loses sight of targets.

Tackling Effort: As a junior, his tendencies were completely flipped as a tackler. After showing plenty of interest in the physical portions of the game during his first two seasons, he looked completely disinterested in tackling in 2019. “An embarrassing display as a tackler” is a quote that was used by a respected scout to me to describe his Week 0 performance against Miami as a run defender, but another added “who cares? Can he cover? That’s all I needed to know” when asking about Henderson.

Future Projection

A starter of 27 games during his career with the Gators, Henderson is a highly talented cover corner. His wiry body and advanced technique help him become one of the better man cover corners in this draft class. For as many positives that he has, there are lots of mental lapses in his overall game and as a run defender. Henderson’s length, eye discipline, and savvy with playing the ball are among the tops in this class, but he must continue to add muscle mass and show a hint of interest as a run support player. Because of what he brings to the table from a coverage standpoint, he still has the makings of being a top-20 selection, but he won’t be for every team due to his negatives as a run defender.

Bretsky
PRETTY SAD this year could not have been the year when we got the 12 pick from NO; holy shit we'd have a nice smorgasboard in a few picks

pbmax
04-23-2020, 08:25 PM
Welcome to Jax CJ. Where if you are good they will drive you away in the last year if you rookie deal to kickoff the fifth rebuild of the decade.

Guiness
04-23-2020, 08:25 PM
So positionless is the new word for tweener?

MadtownPacker
04-23-2020, 08:26 PM
So what are you bitches hoping for? Everyone pretty much agrees WR? If so damn guarantees it won’t happen. Trade down and use both first picks to draft WR.

pbmax
04-23-2020, 08:26 PM
None of these draft picks should be expected to make a super bowl run. The Packers as you know did win it. The Giants won World Series. I made a huge jump career wise. That year also holds saddest moment. Dad passed away that year.

Knew it was super bowl run, sorry that it was also the loss of your father. Very bittersweet.

Bretsky
04-23-2020, 08:27 PM
So what are you bitches hoping for? Everyone pretty much agrees WR? If so damn guarantees it won’t happen. Trade down and use both first picks to draft WR.

Stud WR or one of the two stud ILB's

Rastak
04-23-2020, 08:27 PM
OT Wills to the Browns....makes sense I guess.

pbmax
04-23-2020, 08:28 PM

WR , one of two ILB or DL.

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 08:28 PM
Browns take Jedrick Wills.

JEDRICK WILLS
OT, Alabama

CONF SEC - West JERSEY #74 CLASS Junior HT 6'5" DOB 05/17/1999 WT 320 lbs
ANALYST'S REPORTS
ReidMarinoCrabbsSolakHarris
Pass Sets - U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E. He's an elite pass protector with the best blend of step cadence, framing, redirection skill, patience and anchor ability. Quick sets, vertical sets, 45 degree sets — you name it, he can execute at a high level. He's patient with his hands, too — has effective stab and snatch techniques.

Length - Plenty of functional length at his disposal and his ability to sustain blocks after contact is aided by good upper body and hand strength with hands extended away from his frame. He's got the ability to mix up his punches to temper upfield charges and keep defenders guessing on their rush track.

Balance - Haven't seen him get crossed up with his feet once. He's got top shelf feet all around and shows a terrific understanding of how to maintain his platform as a blocker. Shows good reactive quickness to recover from body blows and awesome ability to drop the hips and gear down on the second level blocking LBs.

Hand Technique - Biggest area of improvement from 2018. He's got a firm punch and good strike zone — although some of his finer moves (up field club) don't always fully find their mark. Highly encouraged by development here to compliment his smooth sets and shows good firmness with the inside hand to protect B-gap.

Power at POA - Better stay low! If he rolls hips on you, it's over — he's crashed DL off the block on chips before climbing to 2nd level to swallow LBs and tear holes in 2 levels of the defense. Saw him stack and uproot Derrick Brown this season — he's got strong leg drive and core strength to maintain initial positioning and create push.

Football IQ - Finely tuned technician who just so happens to check every prototypical box from a size and athleticism perspective. He's sharp and savvy with mixing up his sets and not letting pass rushers get the same look on too many consecutive rushes. His footwork will allow him to kill many reps before contact is even made.

Functional Athleticism - Pretty startling to see him so clean in space. He's got no wasted steps and that includes on the 2nd level — he takes ambitious angles, too. Have seen him rip across cutoff blocks on 3Ts from the backside with success. Teams can roll protection away from him and still count of successful blocks on the island.

Anchor Ability - He's built really dense, plenty of mass through the lower half and the core to help him provide strength to maintain clean fits. Shows very good range of motion through the hips to keep himself squatted and underneath the pads of defenders. He'll throw the E-brake and stonewall power rushes.

Flexibility - Dynamic range of motion through his lower half. Hip hinge is strong in vertical sets to open his base for optimal distance as needed but he's also capable of suddenness with a wide base in short sets or mirroring the rabbit on the edge. His linear coil and explosive drive through the ground is A+.

Competitive Toughness - He likes to chirp! If he blows you off the ball, you're going to hear it after the whistle. Passionate player who shows a great motor and great effort on screens and backside runs to work down the field and get involved to spring big plays. Functional strength is plug and play caliber, too.

---

Best Trait - Pass Sets

Worst Trait - ?

Best Film - Auburn (2019)

Worst Film - Clemson (2018)

Red Flags - None

Player Summary - Jedrick Willis is a plug and play Pro Bowl caliber OT in the NFL. Wills has surreal ability as a pass protector, he's violent, he's controlled, he's smooth and he's smart. Wills plays with a chip on his shoulder and brings the kind of attitude adjustment up front that can make wakes and change the demeanor of an offensive line. Supremely gifted, Wills is especially attractive to teams that push the ball vertically, as his movement skills allow him to shine on an island in pass protection. STUD.

pbmax
04-23-2020, 08:29 PM
So positionless is the new word for tweener?

That or of unknown quality.

Bretsky
no trades still

Joemailman
J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets are on the clock.

I'll be surprised if this pick isn't Lamb or Jeudy.

Rastak
04-23-2020, 08:31 PM
Browns take Jedrick Wills.

Geoff Schwartz
@geoffschwartz
·
1m
Browns NOOO ... There's about no evidence of a college RT moving to LT in the NFL. It almost never happens. There's a reason

Rastak
04-23-2020, 08:35 PM
OT to the Jets...Becton.

pbmax
04-23-2020, 08:36 PM
Nailed that pick in mock draft challenge at work!

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 08:36 PM
Jets pick Mekhi Becton.

MEKHI BECTON
OT, Louisville

CONF Atlantic Coast - Atlantic JERSEY #73 CLASS Junior HT 6'7" DOB 04/18/1999 WT 369 lbs

Pass Sets - He's smooth! Appreciate how clean his feet are. Rare ability to reach his back foot on drive catch and shows really nice cadence to not overset versus speed off the edge. Shows good awareness of angles to keep his passer secure prior to contact.

Length/Extension - All the reach in the world. His punch and extension will uproot defenders and physically uproot them a few yards at a time. Pretty awesome to watch him throw hands/create space instantly with upper body power. Plenty of length to extend and run rushers past the QB.

Balance - Appreciate how he doesn't fold at the waist to chase in space. He's a bit high hipped but his dynamic lower half does well to reach and catch his momentum to prevent him from drifting. Shows good angular adjustments on the move.

Hand Technique - His punches can be a bit wild but boy are they effective. He's got probably the heaviest hands in the class, although Andrew Thomas' are cleaner. If he can convert more blows to sustained hand fits, he's going to whitewash DEs out in the run game with consistency.

Power at POA - Awesome power. Top shelf strength throughout his entire frame and unlike most big guys at this stage, he's got mobility to apply it in lateral or angular situations where his whole frame isn't aligned. He's terrific at the point of attack to create space.

Football IQ - He gets away with some overly ambitious punches due to his raw power and his sense of continuing to work up the field for work versus stopping to peel eyes back and look for where to go can improve. But the arrow here is pointing firmly up. Strong development in 2019.

Functional Athleticism - Folks this big aren't supposed to move this well. He's so fluid for a big man and as a result he'll gear down and pick off scraping LBs with ease. Have seen him work cutoff on a 1T from the backside — which is insane. The redirectional ability he displays is good for anyone.

Anchor Ability - Strong as an ox. He's so naturally strong and with the reach he has, he rarely gives up his chest and allows bodies into his frame. Even when he does, core strength and lower body power eat up most comers and he shows a good late anchor.

Flexibility - Rare mobility through his hips and shows plenty of hinge laterally to play with forcible power on turnout blocks and when looking to long-arm edge setters out from a gap. He's got good range of motion through his hips on pass sets to play with sufficient cadence.

Competitive Toughness - Love his effort level. He's working the backside with assertiveness, he's getting out onto the second level and effectively breaking down linebackers and sticking on them. He's absolutely nasty in the trenches if you keep him in tight to the LOS.

---

Best Trait - Power at POA

Worst Trait - Punch Placement Consistency

Best Film - Syracuse (2019)

Worst Film - Boston College (2019)

Red Flags - None

Summary - Mekhi Becton projects as a starting left tackle at the NFL level — and a damn good one. Becton has all the length and functional power in the world, pairing it with a rare blend of flexibility and size. Becton is a brawler in the run game and his pure size overwhelms many pass rushers off the edge. There are still some technique consistencies to still be ironed out but generally speaking the ceiling here is sky high and there's a foundation that should allow early production at LT.

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 08:37 PM
Raiders are on the clock.

call_me_ishmael
04-23-2020, 08:38 PM
Papa Beckton is a big, big man holy shit!

Bretsky
04-23-2020, 08:39 PM
any of you bitches going to GB when the draft is there ???????/

call_me_ishmael
04-23-2020, 08:40 PM
https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1253498446851563520?s=20

LOL. True. I cannot get over the size of Papa Becton.

yetisnowman
Please stop spoilers.

Joemailman
any of you bitches going to GB when the draft is there ???????/

Count on it.

Rastak
Ruggs to Da Raiders.....

Bretsky
04-23-2020, 08:41 PM
WOW; San Fran is happy

Rastak
04-23-2020, 08:41 PM
Please stop spoilers.

Last spoiler was about 8 picks ago actually. Nothing recently.

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 08:42 PM
Raiders take Henry Ruggs.

HENRY RUGGS III
WR, Alabama

CONF SEC - West JERSEY #11 CLASS Junior HT 6'0" DOB 01/23/1999 WT 190 lbs

Route Running: Not an eye-popping route runner by any measure, but still a quality player who will generate throwing angles at the next level. Eats up vertical cushion with instant explosiveness and can get man cover corners into panic mode quickly with his ability to carry speed through angles. Does not yet have a developed usage of release moves or stalk manipulation, which leads to races to the corner (that he often wins) when trying to get downfield, and he frequently loses the red line. Can be late snapping his head around into breaks, which may lead to some of his issues framing quick throws. Ability to stop on a dime on the outside leads to immediate separation on back shoulder fades or deep comebacks, which is an important counter to his primary usage.

Release: Solid release player with some good tools in the toolbox. Shoulder dip and hand usage are both impressive for a player of relative inexperience -- has great flexibility to get underneath/around punches and retain his balance and speed when working upfield. Path is generally too wide and must continue to develop footwork at the line of scrimmage to get softer upfield angles to win the red line on downfield releases. Works back across face on quick-breaking routes well and incorporates his hands with good aggressiveness. Basketball background is apparent.

Physicality: He's got some moxie! Really active with his hands throughout his route stem and keeps the free hand jiving when he's the ball carrier. Will lower his shoulder into contact as a blocker or runner and loves to get physical with unsuspecting corners who are sitting on their heels fearful of his deep speed. Surprising and impressive contact balance a result of free-moving hips and competitive spirit.

Hands: Soft mittens. Catches naturally in stride and isn't perturbed by high-velocity balls outside of his frame. Flashes hands late and aggressively to balls that are at his full extension and quickly transitions to a runner. Able to attack balls at the highest point while elevating and has plus technique to avoid body-catching habits when working back to the football. It's just easy for him, man.

Functional Athleticism: Functional does not even begin to describe this dude's athleticism. Could enter the NFL with the best explosiveness and best long speed at the position -- which is already ripe with elite athletes. A candidate for schemed touches and deep bombs due to alien speed and acceleration. Has loose hips and clean feet to change direction when he's not working at full speed; will need gather steps when he's on full throttle. Flexibility in the lower half allows for natural leverage and he has enough density to deliver hits and survive contact at a high level. Length is great. He's just stupid, man.

RAC: What more can you say about the effect of his unique speed? Has true zoomies with pads on and regularly breaks the angles of his opponent's fastest defenders, which contributes to his unreal propensity for the explosive play. Instant acceleration is hugely valuable given his ability to break tackles with plus contact balance -- when he goes 0 to 100 is when he makes the most would-be tacklers look foolish. Is not uniquely elusive but has good quicks and solid vision -- is a no-nonsense runner who will take the first runway he gets.

Catch Radius: Has a plus catch radius given second gear to close down on throws in front of him, as well as strong mitts outside of his frame. Shifts gears nicely down the field to address footballs at extension, though ability to do so through contact is generally untested. Rarely in a situation that requires him to elevate for contested balls.

Track/Adjust: Locates the deep bomb quickly and will aggressively work to the football through contact. Prefers to run under passes down the field, however, and must become better at attacking deep balls as an alpha in the air, with his hips toward the line of scrimmage. Must learn how to work back to the football at times across the middle of the field and develop a more immediate instinct for quick-breaking passes during which the ball gets on top of him early.

Blocking: Jumps up on people with his surprising aggression and strength. Activates the whole body and rolls power through the hips when he engages with DBs; is regularly at the correct leverage and looks to help spring his teammates with a hot motor. Is limited in terms of length/crackback ability given his frame, but is more than adequate and admirably inspired.

Round Grade: Incomplete

Best Trait: Functional Athleticism

Worst Trait: Physicality

Pro Comparison: DeSean Jackson

Summary: Henry Ruggs III is a Day 1 candidate for every NFL team. His skillset -- electric speed, ball-tracking, and strong hands -- are a fit for any system and valuable beyond the measurement of his statistical output. Ruggs will dictate safety rotation at the NFL level given his ability to release against press coverage and challenge even the top NFL corners with his success working the nine ball/back-shoulder fade combination. Ruggs is also a winner in short areas with efficient routes and angle-breaking acceleration, with better toughness and tackle breaking ability than he's given credit for. Ruggs has the potential to house every ball and is the highest floor of all the rookie receivers given his physical toolset.

Bretsky
04-23-2020, 08:43 PM
CURIOUS

What would it take to go from 30 to 14 ???

Rastak
04-23-2020, 08:44 PM
CURIOUS

Shitloads of picks?

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 08:45 PM
WOW; San Fran is happy

Yep. Have their pick of top WR's.

red
CURIOUS

i was just thinking the same thing

yetisnowman
Last spoiler was about 8 picks ago actually. Nothing recently.

Just getting caught up looking back through. If it stopped already, apologies

Guiness
SF takes CeeDee now?

Bretsky
And the draft has fallen just like SF hoped for

Rastak
04-23-2020, 08:46 PM
Just getting caught up looking back through. If it stopped already, apologies

Yea, I posted like two and asked if anyone didn't want to see them. They actually seemed to have stopped on my twitter feed so I think the NFL sent a goon to threaten everyone.....

Bretsky
04-23-2020, 08:46 PM
What in the heck did TB give up ??

pbmax
04-23-2020, 08:47 PM
TB moving one spot?

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 08:47 PM
CURIOUS

Way too much. Probably 2nd and 3rd at least.

pbmax
04-23-2020, 08:48 PM
Unfortunate sign over that Entertainment center.

Bretsky
04-23-2020, 08:48 PM
Did TB just trade up ONE spot ?

pbmax
04-23-2020, 08:49 PM
GM ‘s dog on camera!

Bretsky
04-23-2020, 08:49 PM
SF IMO was picking a WR anyways. Why would TB trade up ?

pbmax
04-23-2020, 08:50 PM
Riddick with Mattel handheld football on shelf. Strong move.

Rastak
04-23-2020, 08:50 PM
Bucs grab the OT Wirfs, interesting. Lamb still out there.

Bretsky
04-23-2020, 08:51 PM
here comes Ce Dee or Jeudy

mraynrand
SF is Wirf less

pbmax
SF IMO was picking a WR anyways. Why would TB trade up ?

Idiots.

Joemailman
Bucs take Tristan Wirfs.

TRISTAN WIRFS
OT, Iowa

CONF Big Ten - West JERSEY #74 CLASS Junior HT 6'5" DOB 01/24/1999 WT 322 lbs

Pass Sets - He's sharp to snap out of his stance and takes good cadence and angles to widen rushers and steepen angles. When he's tested vertically, he doesn't seem to have the ideal drive/catch to get depth and as a result he can compromise the base or have to flip and carry too soon. He's rarely caught with narrow feet, though.

Length - Meets requisite length to play on the outside. His hand strikes, timing and placement all help for effective stickiness or to bury undisciplined rushers entering his space out of control. He's got the needed length to extend and run rushers around the apex of the turn without concern.

Balance - Only a handful of times where he's let a defender get under his pads and roll hips through. His body control in space is terrific, he might be the best in the class in getting attached to bodies on the second level. Really impressive to see him on the hoof as a puller or screen blocker given his monstrous status.

Hand Technique - His hammer, snatch and one hand strikes are all really efficient and show versatility to claim wins at first contact. He's got potent strength to turn/ torque and push/pull defenders out of gaps. Pairs hand strikes with his feet quite well to ensure he's anchored and able to provide potent power to stun upfield push.

Power at POA - Don't get caught on the tracks when he's driving out of his stance. His hip engagement and lower body power to roll through contact is devastating and he's constantly bubbling the LOS or creating creases on down blocks. Dominant presence in short spaces and double teams to tear open running lanes.

Football IQ - Steady development culminated with a terrific 2019. He's illustrating mastery of hand strikes, angles and has shown good awareness of second level delayed blitzes as well. Works in one of the best NFL OL pipelines in the country and there should be little concern over his ability to mentally handle assignments.

Functional Athleticism - Skills in space, in quick sets and mirror instances are all excellent. He's capable of mirroring speed rushers and flipping to drive inside stunts into his OG effortlessly. Seeing him work down field as a lead blocker on outside runs gives you all the perspective you need — athletic unicorn on the gridiron.

Anchor Ability - Well built to handle bull rushes and speed to power. He's dense through the lower half and has needed bend to drop the hips and anchor. He's not one to test with power unless you've got a clear length advantage and elite testing. Secondary recovery is effective as well thanks to core strength.

Flexibility - He doesn't have the most dynamic vertical stance and reach on the outside leg isn't top shelf. That said, it's effective. His lateral flexibility and bend through the knees and hips to keep center of gravity low for movement economy is much more impressive and provides him with rare combination of size and body control.

Competitive Toughness - He's a bulldozer in the power run game. Gleefully pile-drives linebackers and secondary defenders when he's tasked with working as a lead blocker in space. His toughness and raw power will help him transform and shift the tone of an offensive line — even if he's asked to play inside.

---

Best Trait - Power at POA

Worst Trait - Vertical Sets

Best Film - USC (2019)

Worst Film - Michigan (2019)

Red Flags - None

Player Summary - Tristan Wirfs should be considered a plug and play starter at the next level. It's understanding why some will want to move him inside to play at OG — his vertical pass sets aren't where he's best and playing him inside limits that exposure. But I'm ready to give him a crack at RT first — he's got tremendous ability in space, a strong anchor, fluid feet and explosive pads. He's scheme diverse and his candidacy to kick inside will only provide greater value to protect against busting.

Rastak
04-23-2020, 08:53 PM
Idiots.

Seems that way unless they traded some Krispy Creme Donuts.

Joemailman
SF IMO was picking a WR anyways. Why would TB trade up ?Probably thought someone else was going to trade up into 13th spot for Wirfs.

pbmax
Wrestlers make good interior lineman. Not sure about tackles.

mraynrand
Tampa is seriously putting the band together.

Bretsky
04-23-2020, 08:54 PM
Probably thought someone else was going to trade up into 13th spot for Wirfs.

SF the great bluffers

Rastak

Should be fun to watch if they actually play any gigs this year.

pbmax
SF is Wirf less

I hope the internet shorts out John Lynch’s entire house now.

Bretsky

Anybody wanna send our Fifth Round Draft Pick there for OJ Howard ??????????/

MadtownPacker
04-23-2020, 08:55 PM
any of you bitches going to GB when the draft is there ???????/The PR curse will live again!!

mraynrand
04-23-2020, 08:56 PM

They’ll want more than a 5 right?

pbmax
04-23-2020, 08:57 PM

No.

Bretsky
04-23-2020, 08:57 PM
They’ll want more than a 5 right?

not sure; I don't think they are getting offers. I had heard 3rd or 4th

yetisnowman
04-23-2020, 08:58 PM
You trade up one spot to ensure no one else trades up to that spot. Pretty simple.

Bretsky
04-23-2020, 08:58 PM
No.

Why ? Is he a bad human being ?

Once upon a time I raved about one of the most talented ILB's in the NFL coming out of Georgia but I didn't realize he was a bad human being

Bretsky
04-23-2020, 08:59 PM
You trade up one spot to ensure no one else trades up to that spot. Pretty simple.

well not everybody has a Baconator that can get you one spot higher :))

Rastak
You trade up one spot to ensure no one trades to that spot. Pretty simple.

Yup, if you got a guy REALLY want and think someone might jump you.

pbmax
Have none of these family members never been on TV before? Amateur theatre? Home porn?

Stop walking in front of camera.

mraynrand
I hope the internet shorts out John Lynch’s entire house now.

He has the worst workspace so far.

Rastak
Wow, 49ers took Kinlaw. Lamb still out there. Jeudy too.

edit: Not a bad pick it seems....

Bretsky
That's a nasty Defender to add to the Niners

Deputy Nutz
Play with a great d-line you play with a great defense.

pbmax
04-23-2020, 09:00 PM
Now people are going to start to trade up.

Gotarace
Wow didn't Expect that pick by the niners

mraynrand
Have none of these family members never been on TV before? Amateur theatre? Home porn?

Stop walking in front of camera.

“Wear your cocktail dress to my draft party”

pbmax
He has the worst workspace so far.

Unlike some others it wasn’t just an empty room though.

Joemailman
49ers take Javon Kinlaw.

JAVON KINLAW
IDL, South Carolina

CONF SEC - East JERSEY #3 CLASS Senior HT 6'5" DOB 10/03/1997 WT 315 lbs
ANALYST'S REPORTS
SolakMarinoCrabbsHarris
Explosiveness: Dude's a rocket. Regularly times the snap well, especially when aligned over the center, and comes low and hot out of the chute when he's tasked with penetration. Leads with his shoulders over his toes and uncoils his hips to generate immediate displacement; resets the line of scrimmage with excellent bench press power. Wish he was better at carrying his feet with him through contact; frequently pops up after initial push and gives opponent an opportunity to re-anchor. Will get too far over his toes at times which leads to balance issues, but that's an acceptable consequence of his insane get off

Lateral Agility: Has some surprising quicks in him for such a big dude. Does well to work across face as a head-up pass rusher and has decent hip mobility to get into a gap and wrench his way around a half-man. Ankle bend helps him here. Does not have good hip sink, which leads to some laborious changes of direction in space, but at his size, you expect much of that. Has some solid reps working with flow as a run defender, but is generally guilty of turning his shoulders into the line of scrimmage and surrendering his back as he works for penetration.

Pass Rush Technique: All the tools in the toolbox. Generally wins with a bull-rush/push-pull profile: strong hands to grip, great upper body power to lock out, and then has the necessary power and quickness profile to rip opponent down and clear his hips into space. Tries to work a cross-chop and swim but is poorly served by his elite length here -- struggles to win hand fights in a tight area and ends up off-target with his strikes. Understands what to do when he wins a gap off the snap and has the flexibility and rip strength to turn corners against pressure and present in the defensive backfield. Learning how to maximize his length will lead to better one-on-one wins in the NFL.

Leverage: Good up until the third step. Such a long and tall player who simply struggles to stay coiled for a consistent period of time throughout a rep. Pops up as a two-gapper and relies on his upper-body power and length to solve the problem for him, which is a winning strategy in the SEC but may not be so in the NFL. Will often lose his pad level after his initial surge and bull rush and does not have the desired sled drive at this stage, though that's likely something you can teach up into him. Struggles with poor natural leverage are most obvious when he's double-teamed or down-blocked in a gap.

Block Deconstruction: Rare to see a square block on this cat in the first place. Is simply too long, quick, and powerful to be engaged one-on-one in space by guards and centers -- invariably gets to a half-man relationship and compromises pocket integrity, and the very least forcing the QB to move off his spot. When engaged, has the upper body strength and understanding of leverage to break free; regularly makes tackles at the line of scrimmage with a freed shoulder accordingly. With that said, is up-and-down against slide protection and will surrender his back to his opponent, limiting his ability to defeat the block. Same issues pop up against double teams.

Lower-Body Power: Could stonewall a charging bull. Ridiculous posterior chain power who shocks opponents backwards in head-up trench play without fail. Uses explosiveness to win interior gaps as a result of hip power when he uncoils. Shows a formidable anchor as well when he gets his hips low and plays with bent knees and a wide base, though these reps are frustratingly rare given his upright play style. Would like to see a better ability to reset his feet and sustain his leg drive when working his bull-rush, though this is more a leverage issue than anything else.

Upper-Body Strength: Bench presses everyone he faces. Has the ability to rip opponents away from his frame with one arm and can long-arm and sustain leverage against the biggest offensive linemen he faces. Ragdoll ability when he centers his hands on the chest plate. When his hands are located correctly as a pass-rusher, regularly breaks his opponents grip and can yank himself into the backfield with a violent and unstoppable push-pull. Is lacking for nothing here; blue-chip trait.

Mental Processing: Has some tunnel vision to his game which leads to some disappointing results to great process reps. Regularly resets the line of scrimmage as a run defender but will fail to diagnose backfield action concurrent with his penetration and accordingly lets possible TFLs run right by him. Smarter at the line of scrimmage when he's two-gapping, does well to break late into gaps while maintaining control of his opponent. Can feel down blocks coming quickly with spotty frequency -- at times gets too oriented on penetration and will turn his shoulders into gaps. Sees and feels screens mighty quick and will disrupt them. Does not feel double teams coming and loses leverage and balance accordingly -- must ID them quicker.

Motor: Has the juice early but definitely wanes as the game goes on. Willing to make pursuit plays across the line of scrimmage and has some solid clean-up reps against cutback reps, but doesn't have a ton of hustle into boundary plays or when re-tracing screens that he feels are out of his reach. The longer the game gets the more willing he is to sit on blocks, pop up at the line of scrimmage, or jog in pursuit.

Round Grade: Incomplete

Best Trait: Upper-Body Strength

Worst Trait: Mental Processing

NFL Comparison: Leonard Williams

Summary: Javon Kinlaw is a Day 1 target for any team looking to add a starter on the defensive line, and will be a high priority add for teams looking to increase their disruption up front. A hugely powerful athlete with a wicked first step, Kinlaw demolishes blocking schemes and pocket integrity with regularly. Kinlaw can 1-gap or 2-gap with equal success at the NFL level given his elite toolkit, and his potential as a pass-rusher is sky-high. Inconsistencies regarding Kinlaw's leverage and pass rush moves limit his ceiling as a one-on-one winner as an interior pass rusher, but by moving him around the line and sticking him in gaps, you'll get quality pass rush ability in Year 1. Kinlaw is a candidate for Pro Bowl bids the moment he steps on the field, and has the physical tools of the top defensive tackles in the league if he continues to grow.

Bretsky
04-23-2020, 09:01 PM
what is Cee Dee Lamb gets to 17 ? Ponders what it'd take to get there

Bretsky
04-23-2020, 09:02 PM
If I'm Minnesota I'm getting on the phone to Move UP

Guiness
04-23-2020, 09:02 PM
Well that's a surprise. Talking heads were saying wr
too

Rastak
04-23-2020, 09:03 PM

Well, I know of a team with lots of picks that wear purple......

Joemailman
Interesting pick. They trade Buckner for 13th pick and replace him with 14th pick.

mraynrand
Unlike some others it wasn’t just an empty room though.

I thought Wally was gonna walk in with his coffee mug.

Gotarace
is it going to be a 5 WR Run?

KYPack
04-23-2020, 09:04 PM
Receiver rich draft with few of em coming off the board early. The marquee OT's are gone. Do we get a shot at the top tier WR's?

Rastak
If I'm Minnesota I'm getting on the phone to Move UP

Not sure the Falcons would want to move down but I'd explore it if I were Rick.

pbmax

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/games/draft-pick-value.php

Joemailman
Broncos on the clock.

Rastak
Receiver rich draft with few of em coming off the board early. The marquee OT's are gone. Do we get a shot at the top tier WR's?

Hey KY. Hope you are doing well in this fun pandemic.

Rastak
04-23-2020, 09:05 PM
WR Jeudy to the Broncs....

pbmax
04-23-2020, 09:05 PM
If Vic Fangio’s family lights that gas fireplace, it’s gonna be a sad Day 2 and 3 of the draft after he catches fire.

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 09:06 PM
Broncos take Jerry Jeudy.

JERRY JEUDY
WR, Alabama

CONF SEC - West JERSEY #4 CLASS Junior HT 6'1" DOB 04/23/1999 WT 192 lbs

Route Tree - Wow. He's phenomenal in short spaces against press coverage and against off he'll produce false steps like clockwork. He's terrific setting up defensive backs and opening hips opposite his breaks. He's ran a full gauntlet of routes between the last two years with vastly different offenses and philosophies.

Hands - There's some really crisp catches low and away where he digs out throws below the knees — but then there are a handful of other routine catches that he'll take his eye off of too quickly. The hand strength is quite good to squeeze the ball when he's working away from the frame.

Contested Catch - Isn't an overly dominant physical presence and won't box out defenders on 50/50 balls but if the ball is thrown to daylight, he'll use quickness to beat his man to the spot. Has let concentration broken by defenders flashing late at the catch point and let ball slip through hands as a result.

RAC Ability - Good luck. Nasty dead leg in the open field. Starts and stops on a dime. One of the more prolific start/stop athletes you'll see. He's super creative working out of the catch point, too — puts defenders in the spin cycle and claims ankles if he's one on one in the alley. Game breaker after the catch.

Football IQ - One of the better route runners I've seen in recent memory coming out. Showcases elite quickness against press and at the top of routes. He shows terrific understanding of creating leverage for himself. Love the fact that he's been through significant scheme changes spanning from vertical spread to WCO.

Vertical Receiving - He offers terrific speed and if he's facing press, he's got a good chance of cooking you early. If he's able to work hip to hip, odds are he'll gain half a step and it's on defenders to squeeze him and open strides enough to carry him without falling off his pace. Tracks the ball well over the shoulder.

COD Skills - Man, his foot speed is something to behold. He's elite on that front and it translates to so many phases of his game. There's ample twitch and he rarely takes a false step or wastes movement. He'll toe the sideline well because he carries his speed into the boundary before cutting against pursuit.

Speed - Top end juice in the open field. There's short area agility and when he's able to really open his strides, he's going to house it. Forces defensive backs to respect his vertical speed and then transitions that through his breaks to create separation underneath.

Competitive Toughness - He doesn't have the most powerful frame, he's pretty wiry. He still punches above his weight thanks to his suddenness — but he's not a heavyweight and he can get bumped off his spot at the catch point if he's forced to wait for the ball or if he's squaring off against more patient DB.

Blocking Skills - Stalk blocks are complimented with consistency in his releases off the LOS. He's got enough length to be enough of a pest to ride DBs past their run fit. He's not overly powerful but foot speed aids him in his efforts to stay walled off and keep inside leverage.

---

Best Trait - Route Running

Worst Trait - Concentration Drops

Best Film - Michigan (2019)

Worst Film - Auburn (2019)

Red Flags - None

Player Summary - Jerry Jeudy is a top shelf receiving prospect with elite footwork, route running ability and suddenness to be a constant big play producer in the NFL. Jeudy offers dynamic foot speed and masterful route running ability and projects favorably to any style passing offense. Alabama's offensive diversity between 2018 and 2019 have Jeudy well versed in a vast array of routes and his fundamentals and technique will net early booming results for whoever selects him in 2020.

KYPack
04-23-2020, 09:07 PM
Hey KY. Hope you are doing well in this fun pandemic.

I'm still alive, Rasta Mon!

red
04-23-2020, 09:07 PM
our first and second or 1st and 3rd and 4th could move us up

theres also trading our first this year and next

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 09:08 PM
Falcons on the clock. Chaisson would be a good pick here.

Rastak
04-23-2020, 09:08 PM
I'm still alive, Rasta Mon!

That's the main thing!

KYPack
04-23-2020, 09:09 PM
Take it easy, Red man.

There's still gold in the hills.

MadtownPacker
04-23-2020, 09:09 PM
Receiver rich draft with few of em coming off the board early. The marquee OT's are gone. Do we get a shot at the top tier WR's?Yes but trade down anyways.

beveaux1
04-23-2020, 09:10 PM
our first and second or 1st and 3rd and 4th could move us up

theres also trading our first this year and next

Too many WRs with 1st round grades to move up for one.

call_me_ishmael
04-23-2020, 09:11 PM
Interesting pick. They trade Buckner for 13th pick and replace him with 14th pick.

Similar sized players too. Good trade if you think you can replace the production on a rookie contract.

pbmax
04-23-2020, 09:12 PM

The first and second round picks and 17 is still getting short end.

Rastak
04-23-2020, 09:12 PM
AJ Terrell to the Falcons.

red
04-23-2020, 09:13 PM
Take it easy, Red man.

There's still gold in the hills.

yeah, gotta remember that there is a ton of WR talent, and not just get excited because one of the elite ones starts getting closer to us

KYPack
04-23-2020, 09:13 PM
Yes but trade down anyways.

Could be Vato.

There's a ton of talent out there.

Might get an ILB with the first and WR at 60

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 09:14 PM
Falcons take A.J. Terrell.

A.J. TERRELL
CB, Clemson

CONF Atlantic Coast - Atlantic JERSEY #8 CLASS Junior HT 6'1" DOB 09/23/1998 WT 190 lbs
ANALYST'S REPORTS
MarinoCrabbsHarrisSolak
Man Cover Skills - His feet are really fluid and allow him to take depth and stay square before driving on throws. Good length to play press and transitional quickness is present to flip, but his physicality carrying receivers off their hip isn't great and he's gotten bumped off the body on occasion. Sticky to match patterns from off coverage.

Zone Cover Skills - Shows very good reaction to the QB cocking his arm to throw. Has made a number of turnovers via leveraged zone as a deep third defender and transitions into the role of receiver to pick the ball up in flight well. Closes distance effectively and is patient to read and key before triggering to the throw.

Feet/COD - SMOOTH! Appreciate watching his base stay balanced and not opening the gate prematurely when playing inside the contact window. Can be guilty of committing in off coverage prematurely and allow receivers to fold routes back across his frame or to the LOS. He's got great quickness in his pedal.

Ball Skills - Length is present to act as a real pest at the catch point. He's converted into receiver on vertical shots and won positioning for the football. Shows fairly reliable hands and catch radius to haul in targets when he's tested. He can get a bit grabby if he's not picking the ball up in flight.

Flexibility - Really fluid frame. For his height, he's a natural in flipping open his hips or dropping the back foot to drive and trigger forward. Able to lengthen himself and maximize his influence when tracking the ball and looking to undercut the throw or extend and play through the body off the back hip.

Acceleration - He's quick to drive into the LOS and offers fairly good burst in linear situations to recover and work back into the frame when tested vertically. When asked to show long speed, he offers good juice and can help contest footraces in YAC scenarios or big runs up the middle.

Defensive Spacing - He offers some easy breaks back to the LOS with his eagerness to flip hips open in off coverage. In flat footed or leveraged scenarios in zone, he's got good burst to undercut the throw or contest targets. His wingspan is effective as well to give him an extra boost at the catch point.

Competitive Toughness - He's scrappy and hits above his weight class versus the screen game and quick throws to the flat. Not afraid to step up and lay a hit, although his wrap up tackling skills aren't great — more of a shoulder drop or cut tackler. He can get bumped off the body from the trail and lose tight coverage.

Run Support - Willing and able, here. He's not going to collapse WRs with consistency but his length and persistent pays off and his quickness allows him to step up and beat stalk blocks to the spot. His fearlessness does him well to turn runs back into pursuit or pinball ball carriers out of bounds.

Tackling - Not a big wrap up tackler. He'll get the job done at the catch point and won't give up cheap yards. Issues arise most when stepping into the flats. He's not going to punish anyone in head on collisions but he's had some big hits versus unsuspecting receivers in the flats.

---

Best Trait - Flexibility

Worst Trait - Functional Strength

Best Film - Alabama (2018)

Worst Film - LSU (2019)

Red Flags - None

Player Summary - A.J. Terrell projects as a starting cornerback at the NFL level. Terrell has the fluidity to play off-man coverage and the click and close quickness and foot speed to drive into routes breaking off in front of his face. While Terrell shows the foot mobility and transitional quickness to flip and carry in press man, his functional strength isn't a hallmark trait and bigger bodied receivers will be able to play through his press unless he's able to add weight onto his frame. A lot to like in space.

mraynrand
04-23-2020, 09:15 PM
Stubby at home: will be eating?

call_me_ishmael
Packers trade coming I think. Before 20. Will they move up for Lamb or Jefferson?

pbmax
I was promised that Jerry Jones would be alone?

beveaux1
04-23-2020, 09:16 PM
Packers trade coming I think. Before 20. Will they move up for Lamb or Jefferson?

More likely to trade back if there isn't a WR run.

pbmax
04-23-2020, 09:16 PM
Stubby at home: will be eating?

No food but M3 unsure of cameras focal length.

Rastak
04-23-2020, 09:17 PM
I was promised that Jerry Jones would be alone?

When I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself.

pbmax
04-23-2020, 09:17 PM

Raiders 2nd pick is where you go.

pbmax
04-23-2020, 09:18 PM

Possible. Depends on how much they like ILB in top 20.

KYPack
MM just like Jerry is dressed just like Jerry jones.

Must have got the memo

pbmax
It’s a zoom conference with my uncle!