PDA

View Full Version : Official NFL Draft Day 2 Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 08:01 PM
I sit here not wanting to hear Denzel Mims with every pick.......knowing.........in reality........Gutebag's not taking him....LOL

Bretsky
5 picks away from giving up on our season!

That was yesterday

Today we try to get it back !!

RashanGary
He's Gary's replacement after he rookie deal expirees

You relentless fucker!!! My entire reputation of being less stupid was almost whiped out. And now this. Fuck you bretsky!!!

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 08:02 PM
Vikings are teed up for an OT. If they don't take one, I wonder if they have a line on Trent Williams.

Josh Jones ?

red
04-24-2020, 08:03 PM
Dobbins is from La Grange!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE1xO44FlME

hell yeah

Fosco33
Mims if he’s there would be good

Rastak
Josh Jones ?

He or Ezra......or CB Fulton which would make me think they have some sorta deal for Trent Williams.

Bretsky
5 picks away from giving up on our season!

haha

Some think he can play some inside as well.

Dude is very athletic.

1. Mims
2. Baun

red
04-24-2020, 08:04 PM
Vikings are teed up for an OT. If they don't take one, I wonder if they have a line on Trent Williams.

the rumor earlier today was they were going hard after him

HarveyWallbangers
Iowa guys always seem to do better in the NFL for whatever the fuck reason

Good pick by Buffalo. Epenesa reminds of Z. Smith.

Rastak
No OT taken in rd 2.

Joemailman
04-24-2020, 08:05 PM
Rams take Van Jefferson

VAN JEFFERSON
WR, Florida

CONF SEC - East JERSEY #12 CLASS RS Senior HT 6'2" DOB 07/26/1996 WT 197 lbs

Route Tree - Love his nuance as a route runner. He's very slippery both at the LOS and on his route stem — he's a master at setting up false stems and recruits high end footwork to snap off suddenly to optimize his separation. Releases are effective and shows a good blend of lateral quickness, hand fighting, strength and more.

Hands - Has some of the best hands through contact of any wide receiver in the class. His comfort to haul in passes away from his frame and ensure a clean catch are impressive and he's fearless over the middle of the field to secure the ball, seeing it all the way into his frame. He's got no limitations on throws that test catch radius.

Contested Catch Ability - Concentration is excellent — he's not deterred by flashing hands or trash in front of his face that would spring up late at the catch point. Effective high point skills and he's rarely caught cradling a reception, everything is away from the body. He's got some suddenness in him to pull ball away from defenders as well.

RAC Ability - He's really smooth. He isn't the most explosive in straight lines and has missed some chances to bust open foot races to the end zone but none the less he's just as sudden with his cuts after the catch as he is on his route stems. Not a lot of reps of him steamrolling tacklers but he runs tough and with intent.

Football IQ - Held back by some of the limitations of his quarterbacks. He's so crafty and polished to create optimal throwing windows and his ability to win against leveraged defenders in tight coverage will give him a sense of reliability to his quarterback. He's a pro ready route runner, one of the best in show in that regard.

Vertical Receiving Skills - He doesn't have the most dynamic vertical speed but hand fighting and awareness to temper his press up the field do allow him to get stacked against defenders in the trail. Does better on posts and corner routes thanks to his head fakes and footwork to sell alternate routes while pressing. Good release quickness to close cushion.

Change of Direction Ability - Moves like a smaller athlete with his foot quickness and the ability to carry his speed through his breaks. Speed outs and comebacks create a lot of space because of how quick his start/stop ability is. Lateral quickness is silky — not necessarily explosive but seamless in transitions.

Speed - His initial get off is better than his flying speed. Play him off and he's going to close cushion pretty quick. Inside of 10-15 yards, he's hard to corral but you'll have a chance to work back into his hip if he's taking you 20+ yards down field. Plenty of juice to create chunk plays in the passing game, however.

Competitive Toughness - He's got the "dog" in him! Loves to chirp — he's going to tell you when he's cooked you and he plays physical with his hands and run through contact at the LOS. He's persistent at the top of routes, too — does a great job to work back through leverage and uncover inside on the quick game.

Blocking Ability - Wouldn't classify him as dominant but he's tough and played in an offense that promoted effort and need to block. Quick shooting hands to roll into the frame of defenders on the edge before he's able to slide the feet and work into a shaded position. Good functional strength to sustain his ground.

---

Best Trait - Route Running

Worst Trait - Production

Best Film - Virginia (2019)

Worst Film - Auburn (2019)

Red Flags - None

Summary - Van Jefferson is a pro-ready wide receiver who should have little issue fitting into any system at the pro level. Jefferson is silky smooth on his routes, plays with a lot of cerebral nuance and illustrates excellent hands through contact. He may never been a focal point receiver but as a secondary target, Jefferson figures to have a long and productive pro career. His best routes work into the MOF and allow him to defeat coverage inside — continued work as an RPO target is advisable.

Rastak
the rumor earlier today was they were going hard after him

Only thing is if because Covid-19 the cap drops like a stone next year they could be sorta fucked giving him a big contract.

Fosco33
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=acK0KH2uJGc

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 08:06 PM
Does Everbody have the song "AS ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE" going tonight ?

red
Good pick by Buffalo. Epenesa reminds of Z. Smith.

so he won't hit his actual potential until he signs with his second team?

Deputy Nutz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vUvQHYc3K0

RashanGary
Vikings getting what they need

Rastak
04-24-2020, 08:07 PM
Ok, Ezra Cleveland. That works. No Trent Williams which is probably good.

Bretsky
Jets need a WR; who did they draft in round one ?

red
queens take ezra

pbmax
Zach Kruse
@zachkruse2
·
3m
Getting close to 62.

Options?

Denzel Mims
Ezra Cleveland
Zack Baun
Kristan Fulton
Josh Jones
Ashtyn Davis
Jeremy Chinn
Jordan Elliott
Akeem Davis-Gaither
Justin Madubuike
Adam Trautman
Logan Wilson

DPJ

Joemailman
Vikings take Ezra Cleveland

EZRA CLEVELAND
OT, Boise State

CONF Mountain West - Mountain JERSEY #76 CLASS RS Junior HT 6'6" DOB -- WT 310 lbs

Pass Sets - Light feet and easy movement skills allow him to drop off the LOS with relative ease; but with that said he's too soft at contact and can become a swinging gate for inside counters and power rushes to uproot him. Needs to find more punch power and functional strength to hold ground and anchor.

Length - Anatomical length would be classified as "fine" but his functional punch range and strike zone is only modest and he needs to be more assertive and anticipatory with his throws to keep rushers off balance more consistently. Does not show ideal functional strength in extended scenarios.

Balance - Everything looks pretty good until you put a body on him. He'll get pushed around too easily and get bullied at the point of attack by heavy hands, causing him to hinge, turn or lose leverage too easily. Catches hands and doesn't have the core and lower body strength to squat and hold ground.

Hand Technique - He doesn't illustrate a lot of secure fits — he's a puncher and a feeler but doesn't really set the hook and gather control of the block with consistency. Would love to see more punch power developed to offset gap penetration and ensure secure blocks being latched in at first contact.

Power at POA - Wouldn't call him a mauler and wouldn't call him "sufficient", either. Needs more core strength and lower body power and hand explosion. Doesn't reset the LOS at his wins come from mobility on extended plays or riding defenders out of the play with momentum on his side.

Football IQ - He's very raw. He's highly promising but he's super raw none the less. He needs better awareness to protect his inside and he needs more savvy hand usage to capitalize on his mobility gifts. He's pretty effective with his angles to the second level or climbing out of double teams.

Functional Athleticism - This is where he currently shines. He's light on his feet and an easy mover in all directions, whether that be laterally or taking depth in his pass sets. Foot speed helps him stay in control and mirror in space or stay persistent and press into the body of defenders.

Anchor Ability - Needs to continue to develop his frame and become a more powerful player — worried right now that he doesn't have the threshold of strength to be an effective pro. He's got plenty of room to grow on his frame as well — so may just need an incubation period.

Flexibility - He's smooth and fluid. Not always the most disciplined to have a dynamic base but that is more a byproduct of strength issues and consistent footwork than it is mobility and range of motion. Hips are fluid and offer needed hinges to roll through contact. As he adds more mass, he'll be fine here.

Competitive Toughness - Comes up short of the expectations of a tackle in any scheme. Right now, if he were pressed into action he'd probably be better served at center but his build and upside deserve a chance to shine at the tackle position first. Doesn't play with an overly impressive mean streak, either.

---

Best Trait - Flexibility

Worst Trait - Fundamentals

Best Film - Hawaii (2019)

Worst Film - Florida State (2019)

Red Flags - None

Player Summary - Ezra Cleveland projects as a developmental OT prospect in the NFL. He's got the movement skills to eventually become a starter, but as is here's currently too raw to offer consideration for early playing time. Cleveland needs to focus on gaining functional strength and improving his framing of blocks and ability to finish. Cleveland's movement skills offer promise but the test will be whether or not he's able to maintain that mobility once he's stacked extra muscle on his frame.

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 08:08 PM
But due to cap casualties, I don't think it's enough

red
Jets need a WR; who did they draft in round one ?

an OT

RashanGary

Can you guys afford a case of bud light and a pack of smokes anymore?

red
04-24-2020, 08:09 PM

seems like a headcase that would cost too much anyways

Rastak
But do to cap casualties, I don't think it's enough

? You mean the Vikings? They didn't lose any OL.

SMBASS

smuggler
FUCK YOU JETS

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 08:10 PM
? You mean the Vikings? They didn't lose any OL.

Seems like you guys losing everyone lately

ThunderDan
Was drinking that last week for poker. Got a growler for next week of Scotch Ale.

I got a Kunde 2015 Meritage 202. Really nice after a round of golf with my son watching the draft.

My son called we this morning at work to tell me it was a horrible day because he found out when he woke up that the Packers drafted Love.

red
mims gone to jets

Bretsky
Jets pick is in

Rastak
Can you guys afford a case of bud light and a pack of smokes anymore?

Unless I am mistaken, not too different from the Packers. The dropped a fair amount of salary in cutting or letting go players whose production was below what they were making. Plus Diggs who was producing big time.

Packers4Glory
04-24-2020, 08:11 PM
Well danger zone time of trans who could steal the guy i want that’s left.

RashanGary
I got a Kunde 2015 Meritage 202. Really nice after a round of golf with my son watching the draft.

My son called we this morning at work to tell me it was a horrible day because he found out when he woke up that the Packers drafted Love.

Oh no!

pbmax

Even my wife who does not pay attention asked "A quarterback?!"

Bretsky
mims gone to jets

Probably; Gutebag can't trade up cause he gave a pick away already

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 08:12 PM
No mims. I hate Gute

pbmax
Jason La Canfora
@JasonLaCanfora
·
1m
Surprised Jeremy Chinn was not a part of that earlier run on safeties. Would think he would he sticking out on some boards here soon

Rastak
Seems like you guys losing everyone lately

Nah, a few defensive players who were waning in my opinion. Plus Diggs but they got a ton back there. I would have liked to keep a couple of guys but that's the NFL.

Bretsky
Even my wife who does not pay attention asked "A quarterback?!"

The Prodigy predicted GB was drafting a QB in round one
My wife laughed at his prediction

RashanGary
Everyone dressing like hoodie now. Weird.

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 08:13 PM
Cleveland over Jones and Niang. I'm surprised.

Damn it, Mims gone. I doubt we go WR now. I don't see the value. Edwards to Proche are all similar value to me.

red
Probably; Gutebag can't trade up cause he gave a pick away already

no, it happened

RashanGary
Nah, a few defensive players who were waning in my opinion. Plus Diggs but they got a ton back there. I would have liked to keep a couple of guys but that's the NFL.

You guys had one of the most cohesive defenses. Gonna be some growing pains

Bretsky
DAMMMIT

wthigoot
04-24-2020, 08:14 PM
Bowden? Bigger Randall Cobb

Just a guess not a spoiler

red
josh jones?

beveaux1
I’m predicting Bowden from Kentucky. Just a feeling.

Rastak

Absolutely could be.

Fosco33
Doh

Bretsky
Baun is the BPA

Green Bay should just trade back

RashanGary
Anyone have love in the draft contest?

Upnorth
Booo jets

smuggler
04-24-2020, 08:15 PM
We have our pick of Gallimore, Madubuike, and Jordan Elliott. I'm guessing Elliott is the choice.

Rastak
You boys are coming right up.

Joemailman
Jets take Denzel Mims.

DENZEL MIMS
WR, Baylor

CONF Big 12 JERSEY #15 CLASS Senior HT 6'3" DOB 10/10/1997 WT 206 lbs

Route Tree - He doesn't run the most diverse tree in the world and his breaks can at times be telegraphed — needs more nuance to his route stems. That said, his body mobility and skill to snap off breaks is sufficient, especially for his size. He's best on back shoulders, fades and vertical routes where he can hand-fight.

Hands - He's got really plucky hands, impressive catch radius and he's consistently snatching the ball away from DBs. His ability to erase inaccurate throws is notable both along the sideline and when his passer misses high. Willing hands catcher in traffic to boot, won't alligator arm tight window throws.

Contested Catch Ability - He's really effective in scenarios where he's able to box out defenders and put his frame between the ball and the defender. He's so long, difficult to play through his hands because he's crafty to elevate with timing to meet the ball at the highest point. Soft hands show up here to secure the ball away from the body.

RAC Ability - He's surprisingly explosive for such a long body. He's not overly fluid to break a pursuit angle with a hard stop but he's got good field vision and an active free hands to create issues at first contact. Strong, has carried a defender on his back on more than one occasion to pick up additional yardage.

Football IQ - He's coming along here. Understands how to attack with angles out of his stance and close ground on defensive backs, but he needs more flavoring with his breaks to keep DBs on their heels. Natural ball skills to identify the football and natural sense of sideline awareness and ability to navigate tight spaces.

Vertical Receiving Skills - He's big time when the ball is in the air. He's springy and shows great elevation skills to collect the ball even in tight spaces. His flight adjustment to work himself into position under the ball is effective to keep himself in stride as the football arrives.

Change of Direction Ability - He's not super sudden and his high, lean frame doesn't provide him a ton of foot speed but that said, his steps are crisp and deliberate. He's most limited in hard lateral cuts, doesn't have a lot of juice to spring or drive out of a contact window or away from a tackle and as a result he's more linear with his explosion.

Speed - Long speed is very good. He's got a very apparent track background and in the open field when he opens his strides up he's capable of flying down the field. He's got better short area acceleration than you'd expect and on more shallow angle breaks he carries is speed very well.

Competitive Toughness - Tough! He's not a physically dominant presence but I love the attitude he brings to the perimeter on stalk blocks or at the catch point. Not easily deterred by contact and uprooted from his track of the ball. He's got assertive rip at the ball to ensure no one gets trash into his body to hinder the catch.

Blocking Ability - Long arms are really effective here to keep his hands engaged and be a persistent pest on the boundary. He's got good effort here and effective leg drive to stay attached. Slow plays his stalk release before driving inside and against press coverage he gets hands on quickly and converts into a power press at the LOS.

---

Best Trait - Catch Radius

Worst Trait - Lateral Quickness

Best Film - Texas (2019)

Worst Film - Texas Tech (2019)

Red Flags - None

Summary - Denzel Mims projects as an X-receiver at the NFL level. With his notable catch radius, physical play and high end body control, Mims projects as a potential starter at the pro level. He brings developing routes and effective play side blocking to the field — which will help him find reps early on in his pro career as he looks to add further refinement to his game. Mims enjoyed a career season in 2019 and appears to have the arrow facing up as he transitions into the pro game.

pbmax
Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
Just realizing that the Packers current QBs are A-Rod & J-Lo.

Bretsky
Mims was unbelievable with the back shoulder catches; AROD would have loved him IMO

Packers4Glory
Fuck!!!! Damnit

GB-Brandon
Just horrible GM play.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 08:16 PM
Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL

FUNNY STUFF

RashanGary
I'm getting fired up for gambling season!

Deputy Nutz
Texas has a lot of home grown talent. Amazing that the University of Texas can't recruit better

Packers4Glory
Fuck this draft

Joemailman
Zack Baun best available.

pbmax
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
2m
After the #Jets take #Baylor WR Denzel Mims at No. 59, the #Patriots trade up with the #Ravens. They are on the clock at No. 60

red
Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL

lol

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 08:17 PM
Mim's woman is fucking stunning

GB-Brandon
Niang probably our best shot now

RashanGary
Wow. Hmmmm. Uche

Packers4Glory
Fuckn couldn’t trade up & grab Mims?!? Geezus Christ

HarveyWallbangers

It will be interesting. Joseph, maybe Griffin, Rhodes (who was terrible last year, but one of the best before that), Waynes, Alexander, Kearse, Weatherly, Sendejo. Lots of turnover. Zimmer will probably get the defense turned around relatively quickly. His CB chops seem to be waning though. A lot of his high CB draft picks haven't really panned out.

beveaux1
04-24-2020, 08:18 PM
Gonna be a WR.

wist43
We have our pick of Gallimore, Madubuike, and Jordan Elliott. I'm guessing Elliott is the choice.

No, it won't be at a position of need...

Bretsky
Zack Baun best available.

He really is if you want to go with the BPA

This screams a trade down or an OL or DL though

Trade down

I'd be happy with Baun because he's a Badger

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 08:19 PM
Or Quez Watkins

pbmax
04-24-2020, 08:19 PM
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
1m
The #Patriots trade up for OLB Josh Uche from #Michigan.

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 08:20 PM
Gonna be a WR.

I don't think so. No value anymore. I see OT (Jones, Niang), DT (Madubuike, Gallimore, Elliott), or CB (Fulton, Hall, Robinson). I don't think they value ILB enough to take in round 2, but there are some good values available.

Deputy Nutz
I hope the Packers draft an edge rusher

Joemailman
Patriots take Josh Uche.

JOSHUA UCHE
EDGE, Michigan

CONF Big Ten - East JERSEY #6 CLASS Senior HT 6'1" DOB 09/18/1998 WT 241 lbs

First Step Explosiveness - He's got nice pop out of his stance. Whether you ask him to bounce out of a 2 point or a 3 point stance, he's got enough upfield push to challenge the edge and get hip to hip within his first three steps. He's not dominant here and isn't an elite speed rusher but he's going to win his share of reps prior to contact with explosiveness.

Hand Technique/Length - He doesn't bring high end punch power and subsequently struggles to break grasp of blockers once he concedes his chest. His length is admirable, particularly for his frame and he'll stave off stun punches with first counter well enough. Will need space and free range to play at his highest impact.

Pass Rush Counters - He'll take edges with rip and dip but also with flashes length to longarm and collapse pass sets vs. top heavy blockers. His variety outside isn't overly dynamic but he does know how to duck back inside and rip across face to push through gaps. Primarily wins with bend and surface reduction off the edge.

Flexibility - Lower body tilt is great. Appreciate his inside shoulder reduction to drop center of gravity and turn corners tight. His ankle mobility and skill to get his outside foot to catch at apex of the rush is strong, allowing him to carry speed through the corner and accelerate under the hands of blockers.

Run Defending - Penetration and crash reps to push through gaps? It's a winning formula. His ability to stack the POA isn't great due to lack of weight and lower body power. He can play to stalemates with squatty build. Finishing skills as a tackler in space aren't overly consistent however.

Competitive Toughness - His functional strength, power and anchor ability against power blockers aren't anything to write home about. He's well stacked and dense, putting any more weight on his frame may negate his bend and burst. As a result, would endorse a role in space and let him hunt the football. Second effort if he misses his mark is strong.

Tackling - Has let some kills slip through the cracks and his consistency to stay square, keep his head up and move his feet to stay balanced needs to be better. This will be the big X-factor in his player development, especially if he's given the space role that his versatility seems to warrant in the NFL.

Lateral Mobility - He's a strong athlete. Functional range lends itself well to outside contain in space or to scrape over the top of the play. His short area quickness is good and his lower body mobility and low hips provide him the ability to drive and redirect with effectiveness. Athleticism in space is good, even if he's undisciplined.

Stand Up Ability - Showcased good versatility as a rusher off the edge and made strong impression at the Senior Bowl with his reps in space in zone coverage and manning up against backs out of the backfield. Has the juice to take the edge from wide angles and will build explosiveness to collapse and roll through contact if given space.

Football IQ - Developing player with the finer points as an undersized box defender. He's a budding weapon near the LOS and as a pass rusher but will need more fine tuning with hand counters, variety and his ability to effectively play in space. Inexperienced starter coming out of Michigan.

---

Best Trait - Versatility

Worst Trait - Production

Best Film - Illinois (2019)

Worst Film - Alabama (2019)

Red Flags - None

Player Summary - Josh Uche is a fascinating defender who brings ample versatility to the NFL field. Any defense that can carve out an attack role in their front seven without the labors of consistently stacking the LOS will have the most success with Uche. Versatile enough to drop into the shallows in zone and explosive enough to win off the edge, Uche projects best as an Anthony Barr type athlete as a WILL linebacker who can roll onto the edge and attack as a rusher.

pbmax
Texas has a lot of home grown talent. Amazing that the University of Texas can't recruit better

They used to recruit great but play like crap.

smuggler
04-24-2020, 08:21 PM
My God Nutz, if they draft an Edge Rusher the fanbase will erupt with rage. :-)

pbmax
Dammit.

Andy Fenelon @Andy_Fenelon
Not a coincidence Patriots traded up ahead of Packers to take Josh Uche, who talked at length at the combine about his great visits with Green Bay.

smuggler
Alright, Titans took Fulton. Who you guys got here at 62?

pbmax
04-24-2020, 08:22 PM
My God Nutz, if they draft an Edge Rusher the fanbase will erupt with rage. :-)

See post one above yours.

RashanGary

Trade down

I would like to remind you, bretsky, per Radagast, this is an incorrect attitude and not acceptable to post.

wist43
My prediction...

Terrell Lewis

He fits all our criteria

1) good athlete
2) not a good player
3) not a position of need

Bretsky
I hope the Packers draft an edge rusher

I would be fine with that

red

Trade down

i doubt we can trade down. other teams will see how in over his head gutey is and will make him sit there and screw up this pick too

RashanGary
My prediction...

Terrell Lewis

He fits all our criteria

1) good athlete
2) not a good player

LMFAO!!!!

Rastak
04-24-2020, 08:23 PM
It will be interesting. Joseph, maybe Griffin, Rhodes (who was terrible last year, but one of the best before that), Waynes, Alexander, Kearse, Weatherly, Sendejo. Lots of turnover. Zimmer will probably get the defense turned around relatively quickly. His CB chops seem to be waning though. A lot of his high CB draft picks haven't really panned out.

That's fair Harv, but a couple of those dudes had drug and injury issues so we'll see. Waynes was coming into his own but they couldn't afford him and Hill got suspended. Mike Hughes looks like he could be good if he can get over the injury setbacks.

red
we're up

who will we draft that we don't want or need or even know?

run pMc
My prediction...

Terrell Lewis

He fits all our criteria

1) good athlete
2) not a good player

You never know. There was reportedly a lot of interest, and some mocks had him in R1.

Rastak
Good pick by the Titans.

Bretsky
Alright, Titans took Fulton. Who you guys got here at 62?

ZACH BAUN.................... BPA

We're not fixing the offense; just load up on Defense !!!!!!!!!!!

Just do it GUTEBAG !!!!!!!!

smuggler
My prediction...

Terrell Lewis

He fits all our criteria

1) good athlete
2) not a good player

I laughed hard. Hah

Joemailman
04-24-2020, 08:24 PM
Titans take Kristian Fulton

KRISTIAN FULTON
CB, LSU

CONF SEC - West JERSEY #22 CLASS Senior HT 6'0" DOB 09/03/1998 WT 200 lbs

Man Coverage Skills - Sticky! Love his patience at the line of scrimmage and transitions well and with persistent length to squeeze and filter route releases to stay on the body. He'll overrun hard comeback routes just a tad but his work in trail is really, really nice. He'll eclipse his man in the trail and has range to reach around receivers to attack the ball.

Zone Coverage Skills - He'll work in the deep third zone and can protect deep integrity just fine — but routes that break off stem in front of his face will get plenty of room for well timed throws to zip into throwing windows. Less dynamic when detached from the frame of receivers — he can fulfill these roles but takes him away from strength.

Feet/COD - His footwork at the line of scrimmage is really clean. Appreciate his cadence to stay square while receivers attack their release. He's got little issue with flipping himself and accelerating vertically. Once his stride opens, he does admittedly have a bit of a delay sinking to gear down if he's too high on the upfield shoulder.

Ball Skills - Has been trained (well) to react late to hands flashing. He isn't a true ball hawk because he's attacking the catch point instead of preempting the ball on vertical shots. His length, body control and hand-eye coordination are effective and he's violent to rip through hands and dislodge the ball.

Flexibility - Hips are fluid. Shows very good knee/hip bend and drop in his stance to play stout as he stabs at the line of scrimmage. When he's attacked vertically he's really clean to flip and when routes break quickly he's throw himself open and roll through momentum to accelerate. Body control is a plus for his stature.

Acceleration - He's got very good long speed. His short area agility isn't where he'll hang his hat but to open up while on the body of vertical route stems, he can reliably left on an island and will have little issue going stride for stride. Click and close is a different story, but frequently playing him off also will fail to service his strengths.

Defensive Spacing - His rangy wingspan shows up here. He's conceded have a step at the release of a throw and found himself back into the play. Quick game can nickel and dime him but if you try to hi-lo him or squeeze back shoulder throws against him, he's got the reach to mask any separation he's conceding at catch point.

Competitive Toughness - Physical! He's a persistent press corner who doesn't give real estate easy. He's feisty to stack receivers and discard them with authority and functional strength on the edge. He's not a head hunter and he's not a booming tackler in the alley but he's confident and a persistent finisher none the less.

Run Support - Effort here is satisfactory. He'll press to squeeze down the perimeter and shows ability to reset his hands and work out of disadvantages when receivers run him off the line of scrimmage in man. He's not super quick to step up from off coverage but rather calculated and picks and chooses his spots to attack.

Tackling - He's got a length tackle radius and his flexibility and contortion skills flash here to get enough of himself onto runners on the edge. He's fairly lean framed so don't expect him to drop the hammer — but he's not afraid of contact and doesn't shy away from tackle challenges.

---

Best Trait - Man Cover Skills

Worst Trait - Ball Hawking

Best Film - Florida (2019)

Worst Film - Utah State (2019)

Red Flags - 2017 Suspension for Tampering With an NCAA Drug Test

Player Summary - Kristian Fulton is a terrific cornerback prospect, primarily for press man or bump and run heavy coverage defenses. With Fulton's long frame, he's not at his best when leveraged over top of routes but if provided the chance to play in phase and attack targets from the hip, Fulton is a high end cover corner with excellent mirror skills, physicality, length and tackling. Fulton hasn't found much in the way of ball production, but he's also a blanket in man coverage who often won't get tested.

run pMc
Whoever they pick, we'll all hate it. LOL

RashanGary
I laughed hard. Hah

Post of the day so far!

smuggler
04-24-2020, 08:25 PM
Oh God.... What a left field pick.

RashanGary
Josh Jones. Good place for him

red
we just drafted some no name

AJ dillon

Rastak
Fuck, is the draft supposed make you fucking cry? Jesus H.

I guess it's nice for the recognition of the loss but damn, makes me sad as shit.

Joemailman
I'd trade down here a few spots.

pbmax
04-24-2020, 08:26 PM
Aaron Nagler
@AaronNagler
·
44s
The Packers are taking A.J. Dillon

smuggler
Okay, I don't agree with this pick. I saw the logic last night, but I don't agree with this at all.

Rastak
Sounds like you guys about to cry too per Red.

Rastak
So they plan on letting Jones walk?

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 08:27 PM
Wow. Not a position of need. At all.

Gotarace
What in the Fuck is going on?

texaspackerbacker
shit!!!

Upnorth
Don't want to pay jones

red
oh, he's a RB

what in the fuck

FIRE GUTEY NOW!!!!!!!

pff just said he had 23 catches in college and 21 drops

run pMc
Ummm.... confused? How does he fit in a zone running scheme?

RashanGary
Look at nigga run doe!

Fosco33
Guess we won’t resign Aaron Jones either. Bad week for Aarons

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 08:28 PM
We're taking Jordans, so that's good.

Joemailman
A.J. DILLON
RB, Boston College

CONF Atlantic Coast - Atlantic JERSEY #2 CLASS Junior HT 6'0" DOB 05/02/1998 WT 250 lbs

Vision - He does a nice job between the tackles to process soft spaces and hit the hole hard and with momentum. Visual field provides shallow cuts to redirect to adjacent gaps. Would like to see a bit more patience on outside runs to fall in line or cut back in line behind lead blocks.

Feet/Change of Direction - Wouldn't consider him sudden but he's much smoother than his frame would have you think. If he stays on shallow angles he can string together adjustments well. Appreciate his footwork in the backfield to time his release into the mesh and carry pace through the LOS.

Durability - Battled through minor dings as a SOPH but his overall body of work is quite impressive. True bell cow at the CFB level who will be an even better finisher when he's put into a timeshare to suit his strengths more appropriately. Bruising finisher with toughness.

Balance - Like him best when he's working down hill. When he's pressing to reach outside landmarks he loses a lot of his functional balance and ability to cut. Doesn't showcase ability to collect himself quickly off of hard cuts, allowing pursuit to close in.

Pass Protection - He's got all the frame, lower body power and functional strength you could possibly ask for. He can be a bit late to slide his feet and give up interior pressure vs. blitzers, however. If he's collected prior to contact, odds are pretty good he's going to deliver necessary stick.

Elusiveness - He's an absolute load to bring down, his size causes conflicts among defenders on how to challenge him. Contact balance is quite strong and he's surprisingly nimble to collect himself. Short area acceleration and lateral quickness are not hallmarks of his game, however.

Receiving Ability - Pedestrian at best, doesn't appear to have much in the way of untapped potential here. He's been used sparingly in the screen game and doesn't show viable sense of when he's uncovered in shallow routes. Breaks are lethargic and won't stress LBs in coverage.

Short Yardage Skill - Love his forward lean and leg drive, if he needs a yard, the odds are pretty good he's going to get one and a half. Consistently moves the pile and will drag defenders in one on one scenarios. Despite high pads, he'll drop shoulder and reduce surface area for pending contact.

Football Intelligence - Noticeably less comfortable working outside, his pure running instinct is best between the tackles. Appreciate his feel for bounce lanes on the second level to gouge and produce bigger gains and work to the sideline. That said, passing reps are only modest.

Effort - Brute of a runner who will physically challenge defenders. He uses that to his advantage to pull sleight of hand and break out finesse moves, but definitely leans on his power and toughness to maximize runs. Leg drive in the pile is excellent.

---

Best Trait - Short Yardage Skills

Worst Trait - Short Area Agility

Best Film - NC State (2019)

Worst Film - Clemson (2019)

Red Flags - None

Summary - AJ Dillon projects best as a gap/power rusher at the NFL level. Dillon is at his best as a deep set back who can collect momentum working into the POA and carry his burst through the hole. Asking him to slow play, press the line and read/accelerate out of a cut takes away many of his appealing qualities. In a perfect world, Dillon is a short yardage specialist and/or early down back who can churn out tough yards and keep the offense on schedule with the sticks. .

red
the other feed i'm watching just said that it appears the front office is trying to get rodgers to quit

Gotarace
Gute has Covid...we need a intervention

Teamcheez1
Rodgers and Jones will both be shown the door.

run pMc
04-24-2020, 08:29 PM
I am gobsmacked they took a RB in R2 when they have pressing needs at OT, WR and LB. Just insanity.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 08:29 PM
oh boy.

jmbarnes101
04-24-2020, 08:30 PM
We’re turning into a running team. I actually like this pick.

RashanGary
I am gobsmacked they took a RB in R2 when they have pressing needs at OT, WR and LB. Just insanity.

I don't know what gobsmacked is, but this is about what we do every year!

ThunderDan
Gute must be on LSD. What the fuck is going on in Green Bay?

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 08:31 PM
This guy runs hard. His film is really fun to watch.

falco
Yall need to calm your tits we won't know anything about all this for a few years

Joemailman
Guess we won’t resign Aaron Jones either. Bad week for Aarons

Well, both Jones and Williams will both be free agents. One won't be back. Plus, Dillon can probably play FB with that size.

Joemailman
04-24-2020, 08:32 PM
Gute must be on LSD. What the fuck is going on in Green Bay?

I'm not surprised they took a RB at all. I thought it would be 3rd round.

red
04-24-2020, 08:33 PM
This guy runs hard. His film is really fun to watch.

productive guy in college, big guy. but not a player we need now

we may be in full blown rebuild mode after next season, we're just starting this year

Packers4Glory
Yall need to calm your tits we won't know anything about all this for a few years

This team was a game away from a SB. this is insane.

beveaux1
This one is a surprise. They drafted Marshawn Lynch.

Deputy Nutz
Well, both Jones and Williams will both be free agents. One won't be back. Plus, Dillon can probably play FB with that size.

Absolutely, fullback versatility is what you need, especially in the 2nd round!

jmbarnes101
Would Dillon be similar to a Derrick Henry type RB?

SMBASS
Wow...Dan Devine reincarnated. Here I thought I was going to be disappointed if football was cancelled this year. Now I'm almost rooting for it.

smuggler
04-24-2020, 08:34 PM
Absolutely, fullback versatility is what you need, especially in the 2nd round!

:-) lol

Deputy Nutz
Willie Gay is a real piece of shit, no wonder the Chiefs like him

red

when his rookie contract is up and we decide to let him walk?

fuck this draft. i think my time would be better served playing with myself tonight

i just can't see how we can redeem this draft

texaspackerbacker
Make Dillon a damn fullback. Sheeeeesh

Rastak
I'm not surprised they took a RB at all. I thought it would be 3rd round.

To be honest, I was surpised when the Vikings took Maddison last year and he was really solid spelling Dalvin Cook and may take over some day so it may not be as crazy as you think.

Bretsky
Josh Jones. Good place for him

yup

Upnorth
04-24-2020, 08:35 PM
After how we lost to the 9ers twice last year I understand why they want a tough pounding rb, and add in Henry's success in Tennessee I see why they could go this direction. Still lots of good wrs.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 08:35 PM
Dammit.

Andy Fenelon @Andy_Fenelon
Not a coincidence Patriots traded up ahead of Packers to take Josh Uche, who talked at length at the combine about his great visits with Green Bay.

Hoody Genius strikes again

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 08:36 PM
This guy has a Derrick Henry feel to him. I like it

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 08:37 PM

My tits are on fire!!!!

Brandon just killed himself by walking into a Walmart and licking all the carts

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 08:38 PM
Really good fit for zone running. Packers have a solid veteran OL. Should be able to work some of that advanced run scheme like the 9ers last year. Actually kind of exciting.

jmbarnes101
This guy has a Derrick Henry feel to him. I like it

Exactly what I was thinking. Considering where coach came from it doesn’t surprise me that he’d be searching for a Derrick Henry type player.

Bretsky
Wow. Not a position of need. At all.

Seems to be our draft theme

red
04-24-2020, 08:39 PM
Would Dillon be similar to a Derrick Henry type RB?

thats probably the hope

athlon says he's a bit like henry but without the footwork

he almost looks a bit like eddy lacy. 6'0 245 and likes to spin

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 08:39 PM
Really good for an aging Rodgers too.

red
04-24-2020, 08:40 PM
Wow...Dan Devine reincarnated. Here I thought I was going to be disappointed if football was cancelled this year. Now I'm almost rooting for it.

lol

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 08:41 PM
There goes my guy, logan Wilson. But honestly, Dillon had a wow factor to him so it might work out

HarveyWallbangers
Underwhelming

pittstang5
From now on, i'm going to look up players expected to be drafted two rounds later from where we are picking and at a position we have absolutely no need for...and I'll nail it.

So, in the 3rd round, Packers will select Tanner Muse - Safety, Clemson

red
the PFF guys are now starting to joke that the packers are trying to tank for trevor lawrence

pbmax
04-24-2020, 08:42 PM
Now this feels like a Ted draft.

Finally, one that makes no sense. Back to the formula that works.

red
From now on, i'm going to look up players expected to be drafted two rounds later from where we are picking and at a position we have absolutely no need for...and I'll nail it.

So, in the 3rd round, Packers will select Tanner Muse - Safety, Clemson

no punters with 5th round grades, or kickers?

RashanGary
We're setting it up so in three years, Love had a good situation to step jnto

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 08:43 PM
Really good fit for zone running. Packers have a solid veteran OL. Should be able to work some of that advanced run scheme like the 9ers last year. Actually kind of exciting.

The 49ers Made our OL their bitches both games. It won't matter if there are no lanes

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 08:44 PM
We're setting it up so in three years, Love had a good situation to step jnto

YUP; I din't buy the rebuild mode mofo after a season like last one but it appears you might be. Sacrifice the present for the future ?

red
04-24-2020, 08:44 PM
After how we lost to the 9ers twice last year I understand why they want a tough pounding rb, and add in Henry's success in Tennessee I see why they could go this direction. Still lots of good wrs.

so you're saying that when we're down 21-0 after the first 3 minutes we're gonna want to start pounding the ball?

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 08:45 PM
There goes my guy, logan Wilson. But honestly, Dillon had a wow factor to him so it might work out

Thank God Gutebag uses free agency because his drafts so far are unimpressive to be nice about it

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 08:46 PM
Let's hope Lazard, EQ, MVS and Funchess have something! Sternberger too.

red
04-24-2020, 08:46 PM
YUP; I din't buy the rebuild mode mofo after a season like last one but it appears you might be. Sacrifice the present for the future ?

yeah, i said in another thread that i think we've waved the white flag on the rodgers era in green bay

we're looking at 3 years from not, meaning we need to start getting some draft capital for what we have

red
04-24-2020, 08:47 PM
Let's hope Lazard, EQ, MVS and Funchess have something! Sternberger too.

no other choice at this point

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 08:48 PM
I had them taking Dillion on some of my mocks on here but it was in 4th-5th round. Love the player but might of been a bit of a reach. However at the combine the guys lower half looked like Earl Campbell and he ran a 4.5.at that size. He is a very very physical runner with feet and speed that can surprise you. Huge upgrade over Jamal but he doesn’t have great hands.

He is one trick Power Pony.

“The Bus” is coming to Green Bay.

Bretsky
My Mock Drafts are looking pretty dam good now

KYPack
thats probably the hope

athlon says he's a bit like henry but without the footwork

he almost looks a bit like eddy lacy. 6'0 245 and likes to spin

Anyone know about the kid's Pass Pro?

RashanGary
Being able to run outside zone does set up some challenges for the defense. This might work out. Plus all the big blocking WRs. It might be ok.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 08:49 PM
I had them taking Dillion on some of my mocks on here but it was in 4th-5th round. Love the player but might of been a bit of a reach. However at the combine the guys lower half looked like Earl Campbell and he ran a 4.5.at that size. He is a very very physical runner. Huge upgrade over Jamal but he doesn’t have great hands.

He is one trick Power Pony.

“The Bus” is coming to Green Bay.

And the wheels are about falling off

Any reason to not trade back ? My god did we really do this in round 2

red
04-24-2020, 08:50 PM
Thank God Gutebag uses free agency because his drafts so far are unimpressive to be nice about it

just the smith pick ups

the rest of his free agents have been really blah

amos has just been ok, turner was a giant waste of money, same with the guy this year from the lions. i have little to no hope for funchess

not impressed at all other then the smith brothers

esoxx
Not a bad haul so far. Back up QB is upgraded and a short yardage specialist that can get that tough yard when you need it.

And it only cost us our first, second, and fourth round picks.

Wheeeeeeeee!

wist43
They've completely abandoned any committment to the next 3 years...

Like I said, these picks nullify the contracts of both Smiths and Amos.

Trade Aaron at the best opportunity... try to trade Z. Smith, Bacteria, and Adams.

Those are our guys with the most value, and will not be part of the plan in 2023-24.

pbmax
Wilde
Meanwhile, as the #Packers were picking A.J. Dillon, Jordan Love appeared on @ABCNetwork’s telecast of the #NFLDraft and said that he talked to Aaron Rodgers today.

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 08:51 PM
I don't know how you pass on OT Josh Jones, ILB Logan Wilson, one of the four solid DL prospects. I would have went Jones or Wilson. More disappointed in that pick than Love, to be honest. I get drafting Love. QBs are that important. If you think you can get a potentially special one, you do it.

Interesting tidbit about Wilson that I didn't know. His Dad wrestled for some small college in North Dakota. We'll count Wilson as one of us. :)

Rastak
04-24-2020, 08:52 PM
Not a bad haul so far. Back up QB is upgraded and a short yardage specialist that can get that tough yard when you need it.

Wheeeeeeeee!

LOL, the Essox humor is appreceated. You guys got a pick at 94.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 08:52 PM

Wheeeeeeeee!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

pbmax
04-24-2020, 08:53 PM
Loving this draft more and more as you all give up.

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 08:53 PM

LMAO!!!

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 08:54 PM
Jets are drafting a lot of guys that I like.

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 08:54 PM
I don't know how any football fan cannot be excited about that running back

Rastak
04-24-2020, 08:55 PM

From my perspective I like it. You guys are the team we're all hunting in the NFC North. Seems like the Vikings got a decent haul and have a bunch of picks left including two 3rd rounders.

HarveyWallbangers
Jets are drafting a lot of guys that I like.

Probably a bad sign for my scouting abilities.

red
guess dillon had a big combine and SI picked him to be one of the big sleepers in the draft

pbmax

Notes from NFL.com

Size to square and slow charging linebackers
Feet get stagnant taking on moving targets against blitz

Bretsky
Here's the great part

How could our next pick possibly bring us worse news ?? Fairly sure we won't draft a kicker or punter next.

So it can ONLY IMPROVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rastak
04-24-2020, 08:56 PM
Probably a bad sign for my scouting abilities.

Don't sell yourself short. You ever talk to Superfan Harvey?

George Cumby
04-24-2020, 08:56 PM

Find a vid to give us hope, Justin.

red
04-24-2020, 08:57 PM

just a quick search doesn't show much other then "he can do it"

there was this though
Pass Protection - He's got all the frame, lower body power and functional strength you could possibly ask for. He can be a bit late to slide his feet and give up interior pressure vs. blitzers, however. If he's collected prior to contact, odds are pretty good he's going to deliver necessary stick.

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 08:58 PM
From my perspective I like it. You guys are the team we're all hunting in the NFC North. Seems like the Vikings got a decent haul and have a bunch of picks left including two 3rd rounders.

You guys lost a lot (Diggs, Joseph, Griffin, Waynes, Alexander were all solid players + a few solid depth players). Jefferson was a no brainer. Gladney is a Jaire Alexander type--without the elite athleticism. I didn't like the OT much.

Bears took a TE with their first pick.

The Lions are having a good draft (in a premium draft slot), but they are the Lions.

We may win the division by default.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 08:59 PM

Kidding right ? He's not a guy that excites me in round 2 Underwhelming there. There were RB's drafted ahead of him I'd be excited about. More shocking to grab him over several players that would help up unless we're just drafting for Aaron Jones departure.

How's Dexter Williams looking at a draft pick ? Jamal Williams ?

I propose we start trading our players for 6th rounders and get out the dart board and see if we can find a player or two that sticks..............MAYBE............even a starter ............

wist43

We're nowhere close to SF, NO, and probably Dallas now... and we haven't improved.

I think these picks spell complete rebuild... Vikes and Pack are pretty close this year - Vikes should be the favorite for the division after that. Packers are toast til at least 2023 - and that's only if Love turns out - a BIG IF.

Rastak
You guys lost a lot (Diggs, Joseph, Griffin, Waynes, Alexander were all solid players + a few solid depth players). Jefferson was a no brainer. Gladney is a Jaire Alexander type--without the elite athleticism. I didn't like the OT much.

The Lions are having a good draft (in a premium draft slot), but they are the Lions.

Can't argue with that, plus rookies are, well, rookies and no off season programs for the most part means stunted development to me.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 09:00 PM
BALTIMORE RAVENS are really helping themselves

RashanGary

That defense was so cohesive, veteran and sound. They are not gonna recreate that with young guys. Bears are decent. Lions getting better. I think it's Packers and Bears.

Spaulding
Any thoughts on Davion Taylor from Colorado? Would love to see him in the 3rd round as three down LB. Matthew Peart as project replacement LT in a few years in the 4th and Cephus in the 5th to add WR competition.

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 09:02 PM
AJ Dillon is a fucking beast. I wouldn't want to tackle him. That guys gonna run some mfs over

George Cumby
04-24-2020, 09:02 PM
We're nowhere close to SF, NO, and probably Dallas now... and we haven't improved.

I think these picks spell complete rebuild... Vikes and Pack are pretty close this year - Vikes should be the favorite for the division after that. Packers are toast til at least 2023 - and that's only if Love turns out - a BIG IF.

SF will have the SB Loser doldrums and KC exposed Garofolo as a fraud. Brees is old AF. Dallas is coached by a retread who couldn't win with the GOAT.

The question for me is can Gute pick and how much of last years' success was luck or actual skill on LaFleur's part?

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 09:03 PM
Don't sell yourself short. You ever talk to Superfan Harvey?

Once in awhile we meet up when I'm in Minnesota, but I moved back to North Dakota.

Rastak
04-24-2020, 09:04 PM
SF will have the SB Loser doldrums and KC exposed Garofolo as a fraud. Brees is old AF. Dallas is coached by a retread who couldn't win with the GOAT.

The question for me is can Gute pick and how much of last years' success was luck or actual skill on LaFleur's part?

Cowboys are stacked. I fear them.

Rastak
04-24-2020, 09:05 PM
Once in awhile we meet up when I'm in Minnesota, but I moved back to North Dakota.

Oh ok, well, good to be in ND during this covid-19 shit probably. Some day before I die us three should have a couple beers again.

George Cumby
04-24-2020, 09:06 PM
Cowboys are stacked. I fear them.

Stacked, but cultural issues. M3 has baggage.

Talent to beat or compete with anyone, but can they?

Deputy Nutz
Any thoughts on Davion Taylor from Colorado? Would love to see him in the 3rd round as three down LB. Matthew Peart as project replacement LT in a few years in the 4th and Cephus in the 5th to add WR competition.

Not much film to watch on Taylor, but he has an interesting story. Pretty athletic kid that has only played in games the last 4 years of his life. I also like Peart. Good feet and athleticism but relatively new to football as well.

Cephus is a 5th round value.

HarveyWallbangers
AJ Dillon is a fucking beast. I wouldn't want to tackle him. That guys gonna run some mfs over

I don't hate Dillon. He was the consensus 13th best RB for the boards I looked at. I liked him better than that. I had him with Moss fighting for the 6th best RB. I think 2nd round is too early for RB--when we have bigger long-term needs at a more premium position. I don't consider RB a premium position. You can find them in later rounds.

Jordan Love needs to turn into a Pro Bowl QB and A.J. Dillon needs to become a Derrick Henry-like RB for this draft not to suck. That's asking a lot.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 09:07 PM

Divorce?

Rastak
04-24-2020, 09:07 PM
Stacked, but cultural issues. M3 has baggage.

Talent to beat or compete with anyone, but can they?

Well, M3 was the fucking cat's meow in GB for a while. He won a title. I'm not so sure he is a shit coach. I think Rodgers tuned him out possibly. I wasn't there so I don't know.

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 09:08 PM
Oh ok, well, good to be in ND during this covid-19 shit probably. Some day before I die us three should have a couple beers again.

I'll let you know when I'm back in town. I still work in the Twin Cities three days/week (WFH now).

George Cumby
04-24-2020, 09:09 PM
Well, M3 was the fucking cat's meow in GB for a while. He won a title. I'm not so sure he is a shit coach. I think Rodgers tuned him out possibly. I wasn't there so I don't know.

He's not shit.

He's a solid coach, with solid leadership skills.

But massages.

HarveyWallbangers
Divorce?

Yes. Right after we started building a giant house in Georgia. That was 1 1/2 years ago. The house was finished last May (they had already started building the house), and I finally sold the fucker last week. :)

Rastak
I'll let you know when I'm back in town. I still work in the Twin Cities three days/week (WFH now).

Pubs are all closed so moot point now but would be fun.

Rastak
04-24-2020, 09:10 PM
Yes. Right after we started building a giant house in Georgia. That was 1 1/2 years ago. The house was finished last May (they had already started building the house), and I finally sold the fucker last week. :)

Shit man, sorry to hear. I'm sure not fun to understate it.

HarveyWallbangers
Pubs are all closed so moot point now but would be fun.

Well, I won't be back to Minnesota until the pubs are open again anyways. :)

RashanGary

We lost Martinez, Bulaga and Fackrell. We added Funchess, the cheaper OT and the cheaper ILB. It's gonna come down to how the team grows and develops.

I really like our secondary continuity. Those young guys have played together in the same scheme now. It's time to see them step up into the conversation with the better secondaries.

Our DL and OLB group is fairly young too. Time together and in the scheme should sharpen them a bit too.

ILB is a problem.

On offense, passing wise, Lazard, MVS, Funchess, EQ and Sternberger need to show something . There is some continuity with the system and Rodgers developing .

Running wise, lots of big blocking WRs. Sternberger was a surprisingly aggressive blocker. That big guy opens up the play book a little.

I like our STs

I like our chances.

KYPack
04-24-2020, 09:11 PM

That's the 64,000 question Jawge.

At least this draft has everybody's juices flowing again.

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 09:12 PM
Shit man, sorry to hear. I'm sure not fun to understate it.

It's alright now. I have a GF who is 11 years younger than me and who is more fun to be around. I can raise my girls how I want. I feel bad for them, but they are adjusting well. They are watching the draft with me. They are really into football--especially my younger one.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 09:12 PM
You would have burned to death in the Georgia heat

Rastak
04-24-2020, 09:13 PM
It's alright now. I have a GF who is 11 years younger than me and who is more fun to be around. I can raise my girls how I want. I feel bad for them, but they are adjusting well. They are watching the draft with me. They are really into football--especially my younger one.

That's great, seriously.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 09:14 PM
Baun threw the ball in high school like a future linebacker. Just kidding the guy was a monster in high school.

To bad he failed that drug test at the combine.

KYPack
04-24-2020, 09:15 PM
On that note, THX to Nutroll and Harve.

You guys are first rate draftnix.

Coming on this board is the most fun I've had in 5 weeks

Rastak
04-24-2020, 09:16 PM
Saints nabbed him eh?

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 09:16 PM
HAPPY FOR ZACH BAUN

Saints in win now mode for sure

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 09:17 PM
Baun threw the ball in high school like a future linebacker. Just kidding the guy was a monster in high school.

To bad he failed that drug test at the combine.

YUP; that was stupid and cost him a lot of $

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 09:19 PM
On that note, THX to Nutroll and Harve.

You guys are first rate draftnix.

Coming on this board is the most fun I've had in 5 weeks
Why, you get Covid or something? Now I feel bad for you.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 09:20 PM
Packers either trade back or take an interior offensive lineman

Zool
04-24-2020, 09:21 PM
Packers either trade back or take an interior offensive lineman

Funny, I just texted my buddy to say they're taking a center next.

KYPack
04-24-2020, 09:23 PM
Why, you get Covid or something? Now I feel bad for you.

Nah, Nutz,

I'll never catch that shit again.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 09:23 PM
How pissed would you be if you were the family members of these coaches or GMs and had to sit around all goddamn weekend so it looks like family fucking time during the NFL draft!

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 09:24 PM
Nah, Nutz,

I'll never catch that shit again.

Again?

KYPack
04-24-2020, 09:24 PM
Harve, Sorry to hear about that.

I know you'll bounce back a winner.

Has the snow melted up there in ND, yet?

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 09:26 PM
I am pulling for Harv, but I don't condone dating an 11 year old.

Zool
04-24-2020, 09:26 PM
How pissed would you be if you were the family members of these coaches or GMs and had to sit around all goddamn weekend so it looks like family fucking time during the NFL draft!

What the fuck are you into man?

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 09:27 PM
Something you dont want to hear as an offensive lineman, "you have the perfect skill set to play center."

Rastak
04-24-2020, 09:27 PM
I am pulling for Harv, but I don't condone dating an 11 year old.

I can confirm he is older than 22.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 09:28 PM

I just pissed my pants, rereading what I wrote. Thanks

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 09:30 PM
This is why Dillon moves up

https://relativeathleticscores.com/2020/01/30/a-j-dillon-ras/

Pretty damn impressive numbers. If they would of gotten Aiyuk in first round I’d be so so happy. Gute was close to Greatness.

jmbarnes101
04-24-2020, 09:34 PM

If you guys do a meet up in the cities please let me know. I’m an hour south of Minneapolis/St. Paul.

SMBASS
04-24-2020, 09:37 PM
Zool

Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz

That's some funny shit right there!

KYPack
04-24-2020, 09:42 PM
Again?

Little humor there Nutz.

I know, your an old lineman, takes awhile with you boys.

Thanks for all the work you put into those draft evals.

I just read your stuff, then wait for camp.

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 09:45 PM
Cowboys just killing this draft. I never thought Lamb would be there in the 1st round, Diggs was a solid zone corner in the 2nd round, and Gallimore is a DL that I like a lot. Ugh!

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 09:47 PM
Jets drafted another guy that I liked more than most.

Rastak
04-24-2020, 09:48 PM
Cowboys just killing this draft. I never thought Lamb would be there in the 1st round, Diggs was a solid zone corner in the 2nd round, and Gallimore is a DL that I like a lot. Ugh!

I agree, they win.

Rastak
04-24-2020, 09:49 PM
If you guys do a meet up in the cities please let me know. I’m an hour south of Minneapolis/St. Paul.

Sure thing.

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 10:02 PM
Think imma bet over on the Giants next year if it's down around 7.

Same schemes .

DT Dexter Lawrence looked good last year. They traded for Leonard Williams and he was solid for them. Blake Martinez and Jabril Peppers are a decent complimentary pair. Drafted three corners last year so should see a jump there along with the safety this year.

Offense, Jones really looked good as a rook. Saquon is a beast. Engram is a real underrated TE. Got the big LT with the #5 this year, helping that weak OL.

They're gonna take a big jump.

Rastak
04-24-2020, 10:02 PM
This place is suddenly dead, too much alcohol? That would be my reason. Vikings on the clock, Packers in about 5 picks.

Rastak
04-24-2020, 10:07 PM
Vikings take a 2nd DB in Cameron Dantzler.

Sam Monson
@PFF_Sam
·
1m
Oh man, Dantzler could be a steal for the Vikings.

Guy allowed less than 43% of passes thrown his way to be caught in his college career, and a passer rating of 44.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:07 PM
This is why Dillon moves up

https://relativeathleticscores.com/2020/01/30/a-j-dillon-ras/

Pretty damn impressive numbers. If they would of gotten Aiyuk in first round I’d be so so happy. Gute was close to Greatness.

They overdrafted him here; what was Rashan Gary's RAS last year ? Not comparing the two. Gary was another Gutebag pick. But I'm not signing any praises here. He's fine, but many others there would have helped us more.