PDA

View Full Version : Official NFL Draft Day 2 Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 12:07 AM
There are still plenty of good WRs on the board. CB class isn't too bad either.

Josh Jones, Lucas Niang, Ezra Cleveland, Ben Bartch, Prince Tega Wanogho, and Saahdig Charles at OT

Neville Gallimore, Ross Blacklock, Justin Madubuike, Raekwon Davis, Marlon Davidson, DaVon Hamilton, Jordan Elliott, McTelvin Agim at DT

Zack Baun, Logan Wilson, Troy Dye, Malik Harrison, Akeem Davis-Gaither, Davion Taylor, Willie Gay, Markus Bailey, Justin Strnad at ILB. Carter Coughlin might project to ILB.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 12:44 AM
Who Fucken Cares. This team hasn’t shown a commitment to WIN NOW with a QB they owe 78 million dollars too and there actions tonight proved it. Gute was the wrong choice too replace Thompson. Nobody has the spine to stand up to incompetent Mike Pettine. We have lost a lot of ground since free agency and day 1 of the draft. They basically pulled the plug on the whole damn thing tonight.

Maybe in 5-10 years we’ll have another chance after all this failure and mistakes flush themselves out.

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 02:16 AM
If we don't pick up a OT or CB on day two, do we resign Veldheer (as competition for Wagner) and Williams (or do we roll with Sullivan, Jackson, and Hollman)?

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 03:11 AM
Doesn’t really matter anymore. I’d say just start over at this point and roll with pot head Love. Let’s see how far he gets us. This is gonna be fun.

The Elite Love at QB with the Elite Gary on the Edge. So amazing! we’re gonna go far.

ThunderDan
04-24-2020, 07:21 AM
Well, our day 2 picks can’t be any worse than our day 1 pick.

So things are looking up.:glug:

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 07:25 AM
Doesn’t really matter anymore. I’d say just start over at this point and roll with pot head Love. Let’s see how far he gets us. This is gonna be fun.

The Elite Love at QB with the Elite Gary on the Edge. So amazing! we’re gonna go far.

Apocalyptic Packerrats is best Packerrats. :).

run pMc
04-24-2020, 07:52 AM
Apocalyptic Packerrats is best Packerrats. :).

Yes, because one pick ruins the entire draft and makes all the subsequent picks historic busts.
Also, let's shout down every opinion, please. It's a great way to have a conversation. </sarcasm>

run pMc
04-24-2020, 07:55 AM
There are still plenty of good WRs on the board. CB class isn't too bad either.

Josh Jones, Lucas Niang, Ezra Cleveland, Ben Bartch, Prince Tega Wanogho, and Saahdig Charles at OT

Neville Gallimore, Ross Blacklock, Justin Madubuike, Raekwon Davis, Marlon Davidson, DaVon Hamilton, Jordan Elliott, McTelvin Agim at DT

Zack Baun, Logan Wilson, Troy Dye, Malik Harrison, Akeem Davis-Gaither, Davion Taylor, Willie Gay, Markus Bailey, Justin Strnad at ILB. Carter Coughlin might project to ILB.

Agree. I think Day3 Gute will be more active is moving around and most of these players will be gone by then. I do like a number of them and even with the depth at OT and WR I'd be surprised if they didn't draft one today.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 08:39 AM

I think you should show the Packers, give them two weeks and quit the organization. Make them woo you back.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 08:39 AM
Well, our day 2 picks can’t be any worse than our day 1 pick.

So things are looking up.:glug:

True; we pissed on our 4th round pick.

Maybe today we give up our 2nd and 3rd to move up and draft Secondary :))

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 08:40 AM
I think you should show the Packers, give them two weeks and quit the organization. Make them woo you back.

I think it's perfectly find for somebody to show strong feelings in a forum either way; did you love what they did yesterday ?

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 08:42 AM
If we don't pick up a OT or CB on day two, do we resign Veldheer (as competition for Wagner) and Williams (or do we roll with Sullivan, Jackson, and Hollman)?

I wonder if we add picks soon; in losing that 4th it'll make it harder to fill depth. I hope Williams comes back for sure.

MadtownPacker
04-24-2020, 08:45 AM

The Elite Love at QB with the Elite Gary on the Edge. So amazing! we’re gonna go far.You might need to smoke a spliff yourself so back off potheads nancyboy!! New era is coming soon. :lol:

SMBASS
04-24-2020, 08:53 AM
You might need to smoke a spliff yourself so back off potheads nancyboy!! New era is coming soon. :lol:

Just messing with you Brandon but every time I hear the term, "Pot Head" I have to start laughing. I'm 59 and it makes me think I'm back in the 70's again when the people in their 40's-50's used that term. Are you like 85-90 years old?

I heard a rumor that Love drank a beer once so I guess he's an, "Alcohol Head" too!

Zool
04-24-2020, 09:07 AM
I think it's perfectly find for somebody to show strong feelings in a forum either way; did you love what they did yesterday ?

Do you understand the difference between what you just said and what Brandon is doing?

Fritz
04-24-2020, 09:09 AM
Well, I wonder if Gute will schwing the other way and use some of those sixths and sevenths to move up in the early rounds tonight (how far up will two sixths get you in the second round? About five spots or something?).

Still need at least one wide receiver, an ILB, an OT, a DT, and a corner (I think King's gone after next year). That's four positions, and only two picks until the fifth round. Ouch. Of those two picks, the second and third rounds, I'm hoping for a WR and an ILB. I suppose I'd be okay with an offensive tackle, too.

Should be interesting. My dream scenario was more of a trade-down thing so they'd have two seconds, a third, a couple fourths. Lots of hay to be made in those rounds, I hear. Or I'd have been okay giving up that fourth for the ILB Queen from LSU.

It's been crazy.

pbmax
04-24-2020, 09:26 AM
Who Fucken Cares. This team hasn’t shown a commitment to WIN NOW with a QB they owe 78 million dollars too and there actions tonight proved it. Gute was the wrong choice too replace Thompson. Nobody has the spine to stand up to incompetent Mike Pettine. We have lost a lot of ground since free agency and day 1 of the draft. They basically pulled the plug on the whole damn thing tonight.

Maybe in 5-10 years we’ll have another chance after all this failure and mistakes flush themselves out.

Dude, you have to chill. No one in Packerland was happy with trading a first for Favre (a second round pick himself) in 1992 when they had Majik. No one was happy with taking a flawed QB who was falling in the late first when the team had a Window Closing MVP QB who needed a WR and defensive help.

The draft is deep at WR, OL and possibly CB. They'll fill those spots and they draft second round WR like the Bears draft linebackers. *

It will all work out. I am glad the 49ers are winning in April. So those bastards can lose in January.

*Gute will need to move around to take a future starting OL in the fourth.

pbmax
04-24-2020, 09:30 AM

Yes and yes. I think Veldheer is coming back regardless cause they aren't deep there. Tramontana more dependent on when they get a CB.

Packers are also keeping on eye on backup roster spots for special teams, as neither these guys will be chasing down punter or kickoff returners.

pbmax
04-24-2020, 09:32 AM

Storm out. Makes a bigger impression.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/11-05-2013/wDQUSj.gif

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 09:33 AM
Dude, you have to chill.

No. No, he doesn't. Let him vent. It's entertaining.

pbmax
04-24-2020, 09:34 AM
Well, I wonder if Gute will schwing the other way and use some of those sixths and sevenths to move up in the early rounds tonight (how far up will two sixths get you in the second round? About five spots or something?).

Still need at least one wide receiver, an ILB, an OT, a DT, and a corner (I think King's gone after next year). That's four positions, and only two picks until the fifth round. Ouch. Of those two picks, the second and third rounds, I'm hoping for a WR and an ILB. I suppose I'd be okay with an offensive tackle, too.

Should be interesting. My dream scenario was more of a trade-down thing so they'd have two seconds, a third, a couple fourths. Lots of hay to be made in those rounds, I hear. Or I'd have been okay giving up that fourth for the ILB Queen from LSU.

It's been crazy.

Without a fourth rounder, its going to be hard to move up. He would need to send next years pick.

More likely a trade down. But I guess we'll see.

Zool
04-24-2020, 09:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 09:42 AM
I wonder if we add picks soon; in losing that 4th it'll make it harder to fill depth. I hope Williams comes back for sure.

I think it's funny because I was just reading about how the Packers should trade up because we have too many picks and don't need to use all 10 picks. I'm guessing the Packers will have more trades in the next couple of days.

Fritz
04-24-2020, 09:48 AM
So I take it giving up two sixth round picks to move up in, say, the third round will not get you very far?

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 09:57 AM
Do you understand the difference between what you just said and what Brandon is doing?

Overreactions are a matter of opinion. Forums are meant to entertain. I have no issues if somebody overreacts, or over the top supports. It's a sports forum.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 09:58 AM

I am not a fan of the player, and that is not exactly fair because I didn't really look at him at all. I think I read some articles and watched some Senior Bowl highlights.

It certainly doesn't help them for 2020. It is also not comparable to 2005. Even though the Packers just got done with another season that ended in the Playoffs that roster was coming apart at the seems. They were up against the cap, they couldn't resign their own guys, and a new GM was brought in. Favre was unhappy with the changes and was leveraging his needs with retirement. Rodgers could have easily been the number 1 pick in the draft. It was a value pick at the time.

This doesn't smell of value. The Packers fan base saw a new coach come in and lead the Pack to the NFC Championship game and 13-3 record. A loss to the 49ers exposed some weaknesses that could have been addressed in the 2020 draft and possibly strengthened the roster to make a push to the Super Bowl in 2020. The Packers' front office has been sending mixed messages about the direction of their franchise. In the last two seasons Gute has gone out and signed several high priced free agents which to me signaled that the organization was looking to make a push to the top of the mountain. Then they approach the last two drafts, especially in the first round drafting two players to positions that already have high quality starters, which signals a draft and development for the future. It's a mixed bag, which tells me this franchise is content and driven to continually be a team that is in contention, they will never have the intention of being all in for a single season or two. If they catch magic in a bottle and win a Super Bowl every 15 years they are satisfied.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 09:59 AM

It's been crazy.

If we trade away our 3rd to move up and pick up another 6th or two analytics say it will increase my odds in the contest.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:01 AM
I am not a fan of the player, and that is not exactly fair because I didn't really look at him at all. I think I read some articles and watched some Senior Bowl highlights.

It certainly doesn't help them for 2020. It is also not comparable to 2005. Even though the Packers just got done with another season that ended in the Playoffs that roster was coming apart at the seems. They were up against the cap, they couldn't resign their own guys, and a new GM was brought in. Favre was unhappy with the changes and was leveraging his needs with retirement. Rodgers could have easily been the number 1 pick in the draft. It was a value pick at the time.

This doesn't smell of value. The Packers fan base saw a new coach come in and lead the Pack to the NFC Championship game and 13-3 record. A loss to the 49ers exposed some weaknesses that could have been addressed in the 2020 draft and possibly strengthened the roster to make a push to the Super Bowl in 2020. The Packers' front office has been sending mixed messages about the direction of their franchise. In the last two seasons Gute has gone out and signed several high priced free agents which to me signaled that the organization was looking to make a push to the top of the mountain. Then they approach the last two drafts, especially in the first round drafting two players to positions that already have high quality starters, which signals a draft and development for the future. It's a mixed bag, which tells me this franchise is content and driven to continually be a team that is in contention, they will never have the intention of being all in for a single season or two. If they catch magic in a bottle and win a Super Bowl every 15 years they are satisfied.

Well for what it's worth I watched tape of Love as a Junior (very impressive) and as a Senior (bad decision making/reads).

I think the dude has talent.

I just think the pick was two years too early and since I crave another championship we have a 2-3 year window and last nights move does not help

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:02 AM
I think it's funny because I was just reading about how the Packers should trade up because we have too many picks and don't need to use all 10 picks. I'm guessing the Packers will have more trades in the next couple of days.

Agree

Parting with that 4th really hurts out ability to trade up in round 2 IMO. Doubt they wanna part with their 3rd

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 10:03 AM
Overreactions are a matter of opinion. Forums are meant to entertain. I have no issues if somebody overreacts, or over the top supports. It's a sports forum.

Yeah, I get it. But don't you think this limits the ability to have any serious conversations, or for other members to take anything a poster says serious? What is fun for me or worth the time coming here is having meaningful football dialog with all of you. I get it if others use this place as their dumping ground for their ranting and ravings. I just see it as a limitation to meaningful communication.

Zool
04-24-2020, 10:06 AM

That's 4 sentences where you could have just said no.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:14 AM
That's 4 sentences where you could have just said no.

My wife always says I'm too wordy in emails and too long winded

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 10:19 AM
Well the Coronavirus might of saved my life. I was supposed to be in Las Vegas for this draft and if I had been there with this total shit show going on i probably would of never made it home.

Zool
04-24-2020, 10:19 AM
Might have, would have.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 10:21 AM
Yeah, I get it. But don't you think this limits the ability to have any serious conversations, or for other members to take anything a poster says serious? What is fun for me or worth the time coming here is having meaningful football dialog with all of you. I get it if others use this place as their dumping ground for their ranting and ravings. I just see it as a limitation to meaningful communication.

Whatever, Gute making a move that I believe will end his career as a GM is pretty good conversation as far as I am concerned. Nobody will ever let this guy near a NFL franchise ever again.

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 10:22 AM
Well the Coronavirus might of saved my life. I was supposed to be in Las Vegas for this draft and if I had been there with this total shit show going on i probably would of never made it home.

I'm not sure - does this belong in the optimistic threat or the sarcastic thread?

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 10:23 AM
Whatever, Gute making.a move that I believe will end his career as a GM is pretty good conversation as far as I am concerned. Nobody will ever let this guy near a NFL franchise ever again.

If Love is a bust, I am betting you're right. But still, there's always Cleveland. They'll hire just about anybody.

pbmax
04-24-2020, 10:30 AM
I'm not sure - does this belong in the optimistic threat or the sarcastic thread?

Very much an eye of the beholder situation.

oldbutnotdeadyet
04-24-2020, 10:32 AM
So Rd 1 pick was a need pick, does that mean Rd 2 is a BPA pick? I'm thinking BPA and does not address WR or LB. There, now I cannot be disappointed...

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 10:35 AM
So round 2, you only have two choices, Shenault, or Peoples-Jones. Who do you go with?

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:37 AM
Shenault Hands down

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 10:49 AM
So round 2, you only have two choices, Shenault, or Peoples-Jones. Who do you go with?

You have to go with Shenault but they will need to trade up to get him. We already gave up some “move up capital” to help destroy the franchise yesterday.

pbmax
04-24-2020, 10:53 AM
So I take it giving up two sixth round picks to move up in, say, the third round will not get you very far?

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/green-bay-packers-draft-picks-2020/6g1ogupw812k18rajn1aqdemx

Packers fifth (175) and two sixths (208, 209) would get you into the fourth round again (126).

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 11:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WyAtNBa_-o

I am liking this show and McAfee more and more.

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 11:11 AM

Shenault, but I'm not as high on Peoples-Jones as you are. We'll see. I suck at evaluating DL, so I defer to you. I have a decent track record with the skill positions. :)

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 11:18 AM
I am liking this show and McAfee more and more.

Is that dude Brandon? :)

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 11:50 AM

Hahahahahaha

smuggler
04-24-2020, 12:11 PM

Yeah, he's been outed. :-)

wist43
04-24-2020, 02:08 PM
With the Love pick and burning a 4th in the process, filling roster holes no longer matters.

The next 2-3 years are strictly about developing young guys. Trade down and throw as many darts at the board as you can.

The Smiths contracts are now useless... try to trade them for picks.

Guiness
04-24-2020, 02:11 PM
No safeties (no love for my old position!) off the board round 1. Xavier Mckinney projected by some as a potential GB pick in R1 is still on the board.

wist43
04-24-2020, 02:12 PM
How old is Bacteria?? Maybe look at trading him too??

wist43
04-24-2020, 02:15 PM
No safeties (no love for my old position!) off the board round 1. Xavier Mckinney projected by some as a potential GB pick in R1 is still on the board.

Amos's contract is now useless 5oo... maybe look at trading him too??

We're fully in future mode now.

Smidgeon
04-24-2020, 02:30 PM

Saw a Day 2 mock this morning that put McKinney to the Packers at the end of Round 2. To be fair, almost all the other WRs we've discussed were off the board in that mock by then.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 02:37 PM
With the Love pick and burning a 4th in the process, filling roster holes no longer matters.

The next 2-3 years are strictly about developing young guys. Trade down and throw as many darts at the board as you can.

The Smiths contracts are now useless... try to trade them for picks.

Nothing makes me more entertained then coming on here the day after the first round of the NFL Draft. I am surprised I haven't seen the video of the bonfire of Packer gear being burned due to this draft yet.

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 02:39 PM
Nothing makes me more entertained then coming on here the day after the first round of the NFL Draft. I am surprised I haven't seen the video of the bonfire of Packer gear being burned due to this draft yet.

Nothing like wist overreacting to one draft pick. Like Patrick Queen or Tee Higgins alone was the difference between tearing everything down or making a Super Bowl run. :)

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 02:43 PM
Wist didn't like Higgins.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 02:51 PM
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/green-bay-packers-draft-picks-2020/6g1ogupw812k18rajn1aqdemx

Packers fifth (175) and two sixths (208, 209) would get you into the fourth round again (126).

We GOTTA keep all those 6ths !!!!!!!!!!!!

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 03:07 PM
Here’s to hoping Hurts, Eason, Fromm, and bunch of safeties go before our pick.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 03:19 PM
Amos's contract is now useless 5oo... maybe look at trading him too??

We're fully in future mode now.

Oh yeah. Talking around here where I live everyone is pretty much on board. Whether Gute meant to or not he at the very least set off a mental re-set. If there that infatuated in Love too basically throw the whole season then you trade Rodgers and all your assets as soon as possible. There is no victory in going 8-8 with a regressing roster roster which sparks massive QB controversy. Liquidate assets and play real real young guys and tank.

The only problem is we might be entering a 10-15 year QB carousel. Still liquidating now and getting premium return for your assets is the best move when this re-set has been made with no longer being a legitimate contender.

As they say in the NFL “Not For Long”

Expectations need to be re-evaluated and managed.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 03:24 PM

That’s probably coming tonight after Gute makes a bigger horses ass out of himsel.

Perfect weather for a bonfire tonight.

wist43
04-24-2020, 03:55 PM

Nothing like wist overreacting to one draft pick. Like Patrick Queen or Tee Higgins alone was the difference between tearing everything down or making a Super Bowl run. :)

Well 2020 is out the window. There was only a small chance we could contend this year anyway, but with no first round talent hitting the field this year, we dont have enough horsepower.

2021?? Maybe, but again you're still missing the 1st round talent you would have had from this year, and you lost another developmental prospect in the 4th rounder you threw away.

2022?? Rodgers will be gone, and Love will be a 1st year starter. Is a 1st year starter gonna win you a championship?? No of course not.

So that gets you to 2023 at the earliest. It's the same math we had to deal with when TT drafted Rodgers.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 04:42 PM
Well 2020 is out the window. There was only a small chance we could contend this year anyway, but with no first round talent hitting the field this year, we dont have enough horsepower.

2021?? Maybe, but again you're still missing the 1st round talent you would have had from this year, and you lost another developmental prospect in the 4th rounder you threw away.

2022?? Rodgers will be gone, and Love will be a 1st year starter. Is a 1st year starter gonna win you a championship?? No of course not.

So that gets you to 2023 at the earliest. It's the same math we had to deal with when TT drafted Rodgers.

And that’s a “Best Case Scenario”. If JL is junk or a JAG like I believe he is you can add years to even that. Gute won’t even be here by 2023 when this thing EXPLODES sooner then later.

And Yes, the cumulative damage of not hitting on Gary and now this has us taking several steps backwards. You just can’t keep up with the rest of the league making these mistakes if the goal is too WIN NOW. Gute needed to have his best off-season yet and it’s been a MASSIVE FAILURE.

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 05:42 PM
This is a hilarious day! Imma drink a couple cheap and dirty bud lights and enjoy being alive.

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 05:48 PM
I didn't handle the first SF loss very well last year and lost most of my seasons winnings on the second one. This ain't shit. Coulda got Derrek Sherrod

oldbutnotdeadyet
04-24-2020, 05:49 PM
This is a hilarious day! Imma drink a couple cheap and dirty bud lights and enjoy being alive.

Yeah, hard to get too upset, what with coronavirus and me being in high risk category, it is just sorta nice to read all the posts and look forward to round 2.

red
04-24-2020, 05:52 PM
This shit starts in 8 minutes right?

Rastak
04-24-2020, 05:56 PM
This shit starts in 8 minutes right?

4 now.

Fritz
04-24-2020, 06:09 PM
4 now.

Packers pick a wide receiver in round two or three....right?

smuggler
04-24-2020, 06:15 PM

Absolutely. It's the strength of this draft.

pittstang5
04-24-2020, 06:17 PM

Ha ha ha..i'm not betting on it. Secondary and/or D-line methinks.

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 06:20 PM
There goes my dude. Jordy #2

Teamcheez1
04-24-2020, 06:20 PM
At the rate things are going, there may not be any WR's worthy of our 2nd Round Pick.

Rastak
04-24-2020, 06:21 PM

They are flying off the board here in round 2.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 06:22 PM
Detroit going D-Line

Rastak
04-24-2020, 06:23 PM
Detroit going D-Line

They trade up?

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 06:24 PM
Fuck all these kids standing around the front office personnel.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 06:25 PM
But But But But But don’t worry everyone we got “Love”

Like “Love Losing”

Deputy Nutz
Running back. Good pick by Detroit

red

There might not be any left

Rastak
04-24-2020, 06:26 PM
Jesus Christ, that dude is strong as shit. Reminds when I used to have Gopher season tickets, one of the players dad was two rows in front of me and he was about as big as Brock Lesner. I asked someone about it and they said he played for the 49ers when younger.

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 06:27 PM
Man, everyone's getting better. Except us. Our scout team got better :lol:

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 06:29 PM
In all reality though, a couple wins when Rodgers is down and some hyper competitive scout team reps for our defense against that tough, mobile, creative QB does make us better

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 06:30 PM
Jesus Christ, that dude is strong as shit. Reminds when I used to have Gopher season tickets, one of the players dad was two rows in front of me and he was about as big as Brock Lesner. I asked someone about it and they said he played for the 49ers when younger.

Tom Rathman?

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 06:30 PM
This is where the draft is deep. Lots of good players coming off the board

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 06:31 PM
We had to trade up to get the last round 1 talent and now we're gonna lose out on that top shelf round 2 guys too

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 06:31 PM
There goes my dude. Jordy #2

Yup, right at top of round 2. I'd trade our 1 for him

smuggler
04-24-2020, 06:33 PM
Not worried about missing out on Higgins or Pittman, per se, but the fact they're off the board so early doesn't bode well for availability at our 62 overall.

Rastak
04-24-2020, 06:34 PM
Tom Rathman?

Black dude, I think his last might have been Thomas. His kid was real good but tore up his knee. His dad headed straight to the sidelines when he went down.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 06:35 PM
Go Get Hamler Gute and save some face!!!!

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 06:36 PM
DEAR GUTE

If you draft both Jonathon Taylor and Quinten Cephus I forgive you for sacrificing the next two years for the future

Rastak
04-24-2020, 06:36 PM
Man, that Gross-Matos story is horrible.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 06:37 PM
Then we can salvage it with adding either Watkins or Cephus. So much wasteful moves to overcome!!!!

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 06:37 PM
Decent OT depth

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 06:38 PM
How would you guys feel about a center :lol:

smuggler
04-24-2020, 06:39 PM
Man, that Gross-Matos story is horrible.

This was my reaction also. Terrible.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 06:44 PM
Then we can salvage it with adding either Watkins or Cephus. So much wasteful moves to overcome!!!!

Sorry...I want Cephus

Last night is turning from a fan that wants to win a Super Bowl to a fan wanting GB to draft all of my favorite players.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 06:44 PM
ESPN Coverage is ruining the draft by previewing the player thats going to be drafted before the pick is announced.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 06:45 PM
How would you guys feel about a center :lol:

Let's pick the position where we are incredibly strong at and draft a backup.....incredibly strong........hmmmmmmmmmm where would that be ?

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 06:47 PM
Sorry...I want Cephus

Last night is turning from a fan that wants to win a Super Bowl to a fan wanting GB to draft all of my favorite players.

If you haven’t noticed my posts I’ve been all over Cephus from the beginning.

Rastak
04-24-2020, 06:47 PM
Some of these dads are cooler than the kids getting drafted. Blacklock's dad was on the Hrlem Globetrotters! D'Andre Swifts dad looks like fucking Atlas.

Rastak
04-24-2020, 06:48 PM
Taylor to the Colts.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 06:49 PM
If you haven’t noticed my posts I’ve been all over Cephus from the beginning.

I have and me too; for about the past year

There goes Taylor. Not that he was a great fit.

Rastak
04-24-2020, 06:49 PM
Couple of good OT falling a bit. Wonder if the Vikings will trade up.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 06:50 PM
Mimms still there and Niang

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 06:51 PM
GOOD FOR THE COLTS

Taking Two High End talent players on the offensive side of the ball

RashanGary
I want to punch Jonathan taylor

smuggler
I am a little disappointed to not have a shot at Taylor, but it wasn't meant to be.

Bretsky
Mimms still there and Niang

I'd love Mims

I'd be fine with Niang I guess

Just don't want the non producer at Michigan

Rastak
04-24-2020, 06:52 PM
Aaron Wilson
@AaronWilson_NFL
·
2m
Jaguars draft Colorado WR Laviska Shenault

edit: Let me know if you want me to cease any spoilers.

Bretsky
I want to punch Jonathan taylor

If you tried he would run your ass over and cleat you....lol

Gotarace
No Power to the Peoples Please

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 06:53 PM
I am a little disappointed to not have a shot at Taylor, but it wasn't meant to be.

We did have a shot; But all Da Gutebag needed was LOVE

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 06:54 PM
I would have questioned a lot of people in NFL front office positions if Taylor dropped to the Packers in round 2.

Here is my gripe about Paul Chryst, he grinds up his players especially on offense. Taylor had over 900 carries, that is way to many for a college kid. Also, his practices are no joke either. Front line players get the majority of reps and I ain't talking 15 to 20, I am talking in the 40s.

Teamcheez1
04-24-2020, 06:55 PM
I'm assuming all the players that have the potential to be drafted are sent a box of hats that contains all NFL teams.

Rastak
04-24-2020, 06:55 PM
I'm assuming all the players that have the potential to be drafted are sent a box of hats that contains all NFL teams.

I heard that concept discussed. Wouldn't be surprised for the upper round prospects.

Rastak
04-24-2020, 06:56 PM
Fuck, don't any of these guys have nice stories? Jeez.....

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 06:56 PM
Aaron Wilson
@AaronWilson_NFL
·
2m
Jaguars draft Colorado WR Laviska Shenault

edit: Let me know if you want me to cease any spoilers.

Plz no spoilers

I like being disappointed with the TV picks....lol

Rastak
04-24-2020, 06:57 PM
aaa

You got it Bretsky.

Gotarace
04-24-2020, 06:58 PM
Fuck, don't any of these guys have nice stories? Jeez.....
Truth...how many Deaths and Accidents can happen

red
04-24-2020, 06:59 PM
fuck this

all offensive weapons gone

fucking bears

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 06:59 PM
Hamler or Peoples-Jones are best available

Gotarace
04-24-2020, 07:00 PM
fuck this

all offensive weapons gone

fucking bears
Lol...the Bears have 14 tight Ends on the Roster Now...

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 07:00 PM
We have jace fucking sternberger!

smuggler
04-24-2020, 07:02 PM
I'd rather have Jace and a 2nd rounder right about now than Jimmy Graham and Cole Kmet. Bears about to go 3-13 next season.

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 07:02 PM
I really like Cole kmets sister

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 07:03 PM
I have big expectations for the Sternberger

Gotarace
04-24-2020, 07:03 PM
Hamler or Peoples-Jones are best available

Peoples over Mimms?

Rastak
04-24-2020, 07:04 PM
Draft is falling pretty well for the Vikings in the 2nd round.

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 07:05 PM
Outside of OT, QB, DT and pass rusher, round 2 is about as good as round 1

smuggler
Are we allowed to post leaks or no? I have both Bucs and Browns picks.

RashanGary
Draft is falling pretty well for the Vikings in the 2nd round.

We've had a bad two days, rastak. Cut us some slack!

Rastak

Bretsky asked we not do that.

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 07:06 PM

Nah, I'd rather not. Won't be a big deal tho

Rastak

Day ain't over yet, right?

mraynrand

I’ve got a moon man cracked open. Ready for round 2.

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 07:07 PM
If we pick a center, I'm worried about the mental well being of our board

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 07:07 PM
I have big expectations for the Sternberger

+1

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 07:08 PM
Peoples over Mimms?

Shit, forgot about Mims

red
04-24-2020, 07:10 PM

well, whats a leak?

a lot of the shit i'm watching is reporting 2 or 3 picks ahead, and they are just watching the tv feeds

so i don't know what the hell some of you are watching

red
04-24-2020, 07:10 PM
hamler gone

and we still have almost 20 picks till us

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 07:11 PM
+1

+2

red
04-24-2020, 07:11 PM
broncos got jeudy and hamler

Rastak
04-24-2020, 07:12 PM

Seems like and upgrade....

red
04-24-2020, 07:13 PM
what about antonio gandy golden from liberty?

small school guy with huge production

Gotarace

Fuck John Elway and the Pony he rode in on

Deputy Nutz
No more Hamler

red
Seems like and upgrade....

i wouldn't mind trading drafts with them

red
04-24-2020, 07:15 PM
maybe we'll just draft another QB like fromm, just in case a-rod didn't get the message clear enough last night that we can't wait until he's gone

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 07:15 PM
Our Urgency has been amazing. The only urgency being to draft a developmental QB.

run pMc
04-24-2020, 07:16 PM
Lol...the Bears have 14 tight Ends on the Roster Now...

I thought the same thing. They have Kmet and Jimmy Graham and ???? They cut Burton and I think Sheehan busted out. Maybe Nagy is trying to corner the market on TE's and orange juice.

red
04-24-2020, 07:17 PM
seattle trades up right after atlanta drafts DL marlon davidson

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 07:17 PM

Yeah. Added to Courtland Sutton.

We’re “Sitting on the Sidelines”

run pMc
04-24-2020, 07:18 PM
maybe we'll just draft another QB like fromm, just in case a-rod didn't get the message clear enough last night that we can't wait until he's gone

LMAO

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 07:19 PM
The draft is really depressing. I'm going to kill myself.

red
04-24-2020, 07:21 PM
The draft is really depressing. I'm going to kill myself.

its not great for those of us hoping to get some offensive weapons to compete with the big boys next season

Rastak
04-24-2020, 07:21 PM
I guess they let Clowney walk.

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 07:22 PM
its not great for those of us hoping to get some offensive weapons to compete with the big boys next season

That's what I'm saying!

Joemailman
04-24-2020, 07:23 PM
Bears on the clock.

texaspackerbacker
A lot of the receivers I didn't want are getting drafted. Several I like still available, but still 13 picks to wait through.

I'm sure not gonna say it's depressing at least until I see who the Packers pick in the 2nd and maybe 3rd.

red
seattle just picked an edge rusher at #48 that isn't even in my guide

texaspackerbacker
04-24-2020, 07:24 PM
Bears on the cock.

no doubt about it hahahahaha

Rastak
04-24-2020, 07:24 PM
Vikings need CB and OL and they seem to be falling big time....knock on wood.

Rastak
04-24-2020, 07:25 PM
Bears could grab Diggs little brother here.

red
steelers take les claypool, wr out of ND

great bass player

smuggler
Good players still available, as of now: Cleveland, Epenesa, Elliott, Josh Jones, Madubuike, Mims, Trautman, Terrell Lewis

This is the range where Packers might move up to take their guy.

Rastak
04-24-2020, 07:26 PM
steelers take les claypool, wr out of ND

great bass player

Check out Oysterhead for some great music and Les.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 07:27 PM
Mims, Josh Jones, Epsnesa

red
time for the bears to pick another TE

Bretsky
Ezra Cleveland who made the don't draft him thread I think is still there

Joemailman
04-24-2020, 07:28 PM
Steelers take Chase Claypool.

CHASE CLAYPOOL
WR, Notre Dame

CONF FBS Independents JERSEY #83 CLASS Senior HT 6'4" DOB -- WT 229 lbs

Route Tree - He as some notable wins vertically but wasn't given a fair shot with his targets, would have had better production with b better QB play. He's somewhat underwhelming with his abilities on hard angles. Appreciate his physicality to win vs. press and his willingness to work over the MOF as a short area target.

Hands - Hands will meet every threshold to be considered a plus quality. He does have some concentration drops on his resume, a disappointing layer and something that will need to be addressed. Wins through contact well enough, which is good given his lack of consistent separation.

Contested Catch Ability - Difficult to uproot or push off his spot at the catch point but he's not as efficient as he could be in boxing out defenders and winning position before the ball arrives. He does well outside of his frame with length and his drops are more a byproduct of when he's uncovered as compared to when he's contesting defenders.

RAC Ability - All strength here. Not a ton of burst and juice and not a lot of appeal in the open field in regard to his mobility or short area quickness. He's got plenty of contact balance and will run through lateral contact but if he's boxed in, odds are his only option is to drop the should and try to challenge defenders head on.

Football IQ - A lot of his wins seem to come from size and natural gifts over the middle of the field. Wouldn't call him a technician and he's not super savvy to create false steps from defenders in coverage. As such, he's got untapped potential to grow into down the road.

Vertical Receiving - Has won vertically and had success stacking those playing in phase — mainly due to playing through contact or hand fighting to weaken leverage on routes. He's leggy in the open field so if he's able to open his strides, he will do well enough to stay over top of the play. His tracking over the shoulder isn't consistent yet, however.

COD Skills - Doesn't corner particularly well and is at his best on shallow angles or when given soft coverage to roll through his breaks. He's not super twitchy in lateral steps and his long strides do hinder some of his ability to explode through the top of his breaks.

Speed - Rolling 20 is strong, when he's able to open up the strides he'll eat turf and surprise defenders. His burst inside of 10 yards to sell vertical releases is pretty stale and lacks the needed urgency to force defensive backs to hinge or flip their hips open prematurely to win routes early on.

Competitive Toughness - He's a bully! Love watching him play through contact, shrug off punches or effectively soften defensive backs with a heavy punch and upper body power to bench press defenders. Difficult to wrap and roll with the football. He's developed good habits to operate with same pace and urgency regardless of run vs. pass.

Blocking Skills - He can be a big asset here. He's a monster against boundary corners and imposes his will on opposing players. Has taken several defenders completely off the screen and whitewashed run support on the outside. Hand strength, length and urgency marry well here for an effective blocker.

---

Best Trait - Functional Strength

Worst Trait - COD Skills

Best Film - Virginia Tech (2019)

Worst Film - Clemson (2018)

Red Flags - None

Player Summary - Chase Claypool projects as a big slot or traditional X-receiver at the NFL level. Claypool has ample catch radius and effective physicality — he's able to claim space with aggressiveness and hand fighting in order to create separation. I'm not sold on his vertical push to create soft coverage on underneath routes but this is a big body who is fearless over the middle of the field and will bring ample toughness as a blocker in the slot or on the boundary. A potential starter but limited upside.

GB-Brandon
A lot of the receivers I didn't want are getting drafted. Several I like still available, but still 13 picks to wait through.

I'm sure not gonna say it's depressing at least until I see who the Packers pick in the 2nd and maybe 3rd.

How could it be depressing? We have Jordan Love?

Gute has us right where we need to be.

R-E-L-A-X

Bretsky

They'll take our WR

Face it, GB is going defense again.....haha

pbmax
I would have questioned a lot of people in NFL front office positions if Taylor dropped to the Packers in round 2.

Here is my gripe about Paul Chryst, he grinds up his players especially on offense. Taylor had over 900 carries, that is way to many for a college kid. Also, his practices are no joke either. Front line players get the majority of reps and I ain't talking 15 to 20, I am talking in the 40s.

Explains som recruiting stories I've heard.

red
Mims, Josh Jones, Epsnesa

whats with tall the mims love?

from what i read hes a tall fast deep ball threat that doesn't know how to run a route

sounds a bit like mvs

Rastak
Ezra Cleveland who made the don't draft him thread I think is still there
he is, as is Josh Jones.

smuggler

If only.

Packers4Glory
04-24-2020, 07:29 PM
They'll take our WR

Face it, GB is going defense again.....haha
smart money is they dump more players into that defense. As per usual.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 07:30 PM
Zach Baun still out there ?

pbmax
I’ve got a moon man cracked open. Ready for round 2.

Was drinking that last week for poker. Got a growler for next week of Scotch Ale.

red
Check out Oysterhead for some great music and Les.

one of these days i'm gonna get bored enough to build a whamola. he makes it look so fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z79flS6l7Q

Joemailman
Bears take Jaylon Johnson

JAYLON JOHNSON
CB, Utah

CONF Pac-12 - South JERSEY #1 CLASS Junior HT 6'0" DOB -- WT 190 lbs

Vertical Matching: Has the athleticism to match up with anybody. Possesses excellent speed to stay on top of WR’s route downfield. Needs to improve his technique in avoiding getting stacked.

Mirror & Close: Reactionary quickness is elite. Footwork is well coordinated with his eyes. Seamlessly stays on hip pocket of WR in and out of route breaks. Hip fluidity is easily recognizable.

Ball Skills: Has a playmaker’s mindset. Comfortable playing w/back to the ball. Easily tracks over shoulder and is a consistent finisher at the catch point. Needs to get stronger to avoid box outs by bigger WRs.

Route Recognition: Quick eyes and mental trigger in off man coverage. Plays with no hesitation in his click and close. Guesses often to try and make a play; makes him susceptible to double moves.

Length/Physicality: Just average arm length, and it works to his detriment at the point of attack. Competitive toughness is unquestioned. Not afraid to get in the face of WRs. Plays a physical brand of football at LOS.

LOS Discipline: Good patience and timing with his punch and mirror in press man. Trusts his feet to recover and would rather mirror than grab. Stays on balance in the wide receiver’s release with a good, solid base.

Zone Coverage: Opportunistic eyes and often watches backfield action instead of getting in right position. Has the range to close windows instantly, baiting QBs in Cover 2 to break on the flat for an INT or PBU.

Run Support: Fights hard to get off blocks and reach the point of attack. Fearlessly closes on the ball looking to bring the wood. Needs to change speeds better as a tackler, but the toughness and drive is there.

Versatility: Played mostly outside in college, but he has the foot quickness and eye discipline at the LOS to play inside with the two-way go. Has the physicality and tackling reliability to be a primary run defender as well.

Durability: Missed only one career game (2018), but has had two offseason shoulder surgeries that need to be monitored in the pre-draft process and Combine rechecks. Undergoing third shoulder surgery after Combine.

NFL Comparison: Vontae Davis

Best Trait: Mirror & Match

Worst Trait: Getting Boxed Out

Overview: Sudden athlete with high ceiling as a lockdown CB. Sticky on the hip pocket and doesn’t lack confidence or aggressiveness. Average size/length hurts his ability to contest every catch point but he is scheme flexible & best in press man on the boundary.

Rastak
Was drinking that last week for poker. Got a growler for next week of Scotch Ale.

MMMMMM

Bretsky
whats with tall the mims love?

from what i read hes a tall fast deep ball threat that doesn't know how to run a route

sounds a bit like mvs

no; I think Mims is a very good route runner

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 07:31 PM
Good pick by the Bears

Rastak
Still not sure what happened to Jace Prescott. Was a big dude.

RashanGary
Yeah, announce dudes brother died yesterday. Real sensitive.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 07:32 PM
This is the most depressing draft of all time.

RashanGary
Way to make it all about you, commish

smuggler
Cleveland, Epenesa, Elliott, Josh Jones, Madubuike, Mims, Trautman, Terrell Lewis, Baun, and Gallimore in no certain order.

Rastak
04-24-2020, 07:33 PM
one of these days i'm gonna get bored enough to build a whamola. he makes it look so fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z79flS6l7Q

Damn, lol.

Rastak
04-24-2020, 07:35 PM
Some pretty good players teed up for the Vikings at 58.

RashanGary
Mike's kids have fat heads

pbmax
Blame Kruse for the second round:

Zach Kruse @zachkruse2
The Packers are going to draft Donovan Peoples-Jones at 62, aren't they

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 07:36 PM
Zach Baun
JK Dobbins
Denzel Mims
Josh Jones

Joemailman
Bears take Jaylon Johnson

JAYLON JOHNSON
CB, Utah

CONF Pac-12 - South JERSEY #1 CLASS Junior HT 6'0" DOB -- WT 190 lbs

Vertical Matching: Has the athleticism to match up with anybody. Possesses excellent speed to stay on top of WR’s route downfield. Needs to improve his technique in avoiding getting stacked.

Mirror & Close: Reactionary quickness is elite. Footwork is well coordinated with his eyes. Seamlessly stays on hip pocket of WR in and out of route breaks. Hip fluidity is easily recognizable.

Ball Skills: Has a playmaker’s mindset. Comfortable playing w/back to the ball. Easily tracks over shoulder and is a consistent finisher at the catch point. Needs to get stronger to avoid box outs by bigger WRs.

Route Recognition: Quick eyes and mental trigger in off man coverage. Plays with no hesitation in his click and close. Guesses often to try and make a play; makes him susceptible to double moves.

Length/Physicality: Just average arm length, and it works to his detriment at the point of attack. Competitive toughness is unquestioned. Not afraid to get in the face of WRs. Plays a physical brand of football at LOS.

LOS Discipline: Good patience and timing with his punch and mirror in press man. Trusts his feet to recover and would rather mirror than grab. Stays on balance in the wide receiver’s release with a good, solid base.

Zone Coverage: Opportunistic eyes and often watches backfield action instead of getting in right position. Has the range to close windows instantly, baiting QBs in Cover 2 to break on the flat for an INT or PBU.

Run Support: Fights hard to get off blocks and reach the point of attack. Fearlessly closes on the ball looking to bring the wood. Needs to change speeds better as a tackler, but the toughness and drive is there.

Versatility: Played mostly outside in college, but he has the foot quickness and eye discipline at the LOS to play inside with the two-way go. Has the physicality and tackling reliability to be a primary run defender as well.

Durability: Missed only one career game (2018), but has had two offseason shoulder surgeries that need to be monitored in the pre-draft process and Combine rechecks. Undergoing third shoulder surgery after Combine.

NFL Comparison: Vontae Davis

Best Trait: Mirror & Match

Worst Trait: Getting Boxed Out

Overview: Sudden athlete with high ceiling as a lockdown CB. Sticky on the hip pocket and doesn’t lack confidence or aggressiveness. Average size/length hurts his ability to contest every catch point but he is scheme flexible & best in press man on the boundary.

Gotarace
Some pretty good players teed up for the Vikings at 58.What you guys need?

Rastak
Diggs to the Cowboys is a good pick.

Rastak
04-24-2020, 07:37 PM
What you guys need?

OL, OL, OL, CB maybe DL.

Joemailman
Cowboys take Trevon Diggs.

TREVON DIGGS
CB, Alabama

CONF SEC - West JERSEY #7 CLASS Senior HT 6'2" DOB -- WT 207 lbs

Man Cover Skills - He's really, really physical. Trusts his transitions to flip and carry momentum in press to carry receivers vertically and find his way back to their hip. Ability to play from the trail is amplified by superb length and an aggressive swipe at the ball as it arrives to the target.

Zone Cover Skills - There are times you get the impression he's guessing where to jump instead of understanding thought process of the QB. Plays in the flats are promising, really good to sink from underneath to undercut throws in intermediates. Like leveraging in deep thirds to stay tight and attack.

Feet/COD - Transitional quickness isn't one of his best traits, he's given up some separation if he's overambitious with his jam at the LOS or if he's tasked with mirroring quick footed receivers. Click and close downhill isn't anything to write about vs. quick game, either.

Ball Skills - There are times (LSU 2019) where he can be late to get his head around, well placed back shoulder throws can get the best of him. When he's got a bead on the ball, his length is problematic and he's aggressive/physical to break the hands at the catch point.

Flexibility - Impressive mobility throughout his frame to maximize his length. High point ability and elevation compliment his dynamic range of motion to grant him an influence at the catch point most corners can't touch. He's a touch stiff in the hips in space when pressed with hard angles.

Acceleration - He's got a second gear to him and should have the ability to carry receivers vertically if he's tasked with doing so, assuming he's able to get hands on early and not left on an island in off coverage. He's not super bursty in short spaces on account of his length.

Defensive Spacing - His length allows him to sag and bait passers before taking away throwing windows. He's got vertical speed to play turn and run and extend to ensure he's first to the ball and in zone from over top he's got really nice shading to drop off and find his way to the ball.

Competitive Toughness - Would like to see a little more gusto to discard of blocks or play with an attacking mindset in all situations. He loves to hunt the ball but he's less enthusiastic about stacking and shedding blocks. Super physical in his press — sometimes more aggressive than he needs to be.

Run Support - Can be pretty lackluster here, seems disinterested at times in really walling off the edge or using leg drive to collapse blocks. Prefers to hand fight and stay over top of the play while hoping someone else will scrape and flow to make tackles.

---

Best Trait - Length

Worst Trait - Tackling

Best Film - Duke (2019)

Worst Film - LSU (2019)

Red Flags - 2018 broken foot

Player Summary - Trevon Diggs fits the profile of a Cover 3/press man cornerback at the next level. Diggs' length makes him an ideal player to play press at the line of scrimmage and put him in positions to physically challenge receivers to stack the edge in run support. Diggs' lack of consistency in run support is frustrating and he can be hit or miss locating the football; so the perfect system is one that requires him to play bail technique and operate primarily in a deep third as a perimeter CB.

Bretsky
Blame Kruse for the second round:

Zach Kruse @zachkruse2
The Packers are going to draft Donovan Peoples-Jones at 62, aren't they

This would be the classic Gooter pick; underachiever with upside ....and from Michigan to boot

We're sending the mob after Kruse if this comes true :)))

RashanGary
I would just like to make a public statement, as if they're not dealing with enough already, but dak Prescott's brother died yesterday.

Really necessary, commish. Fucking retard

pbmax
04-24-2020, 07:38 PM
Jason La Canfora
@JasonLaCanfora
·
22s
Eagles making a very interesting pick here

Rastak
04-24-2020, 07:39 PM
I would just like to make a public statement, as if they're not dealing with enough already, but dak Prescott's brother died yesterday.

Really necessary, commish. Fucking retard

I thought he was giving his condolences.

Bretsky
Hey Gootbag

Move up a few spots and give up a 5th and get back another late 6th !!

RashanGary
I thought he was giving his condolences.

Just leave it alone. They're with their family. Stupid

Rastak
Jason La Canfora
@JasonLaCanfora
·
22s
Eagles making a very interesting pick here

Good, do something stupid.

Joemailman
04-24-2020, 07:40 PM
Rams take Cam Akers

CAM AKERS
RB, Florida State

CONF Atlantic Coast - Atlantic JERSEY #3 CLASS Junior HT 5'11" DOB 06/22/1999 WT 212 lbs

Feet - Has plenty of bounce in his step and he can make dynamic cuts. That said, the erratic offensive line play and design of the Florida State run scheme didn’t allow for him to trust play the play design and his feet can get overly antsy. Generally does well to get himself square when addressing contact.

Vision - Anxious to see how this improves with better blocking and design at the NFL level. Plenty of reps where he unnecessarily gets off script and looks to bounce touches. Cadence in his footwork reveals very little about his ability to manipulate the second level and help make his blockers right.

Pass Protection - Has all the physical ability to be a standout pass blocker but reps are often dreadful. Lacks awareness when reading the defense and good coordinators put him in conflict and he usually took the wrong man. Can be passive to lean in with a shoulder instead of getting square, engaging his hands and leveraging his hips. Needs to get coached up.

Receiving - Found some production as a pass catcher at Florida State but he was often an afterthought more than a priority in the scheme/progressions. Timing and execution of routes has to improve. Hands appear adequate although I wouldn’t expect him to make difficult adjustments with consistency.

Balance - No concerns is built for his physical style of running and he does well to take on contact with square pads and leverage. Demonstrates good body control through his jukes and contact.

Elusiveness - Has impressive juice and wiggle for a man of his stature. Makes dynamic cuts outside his frame and generates explosive burst off them. Impressive ability to shake free from tacklers and completely make them whiff.

Power - Dude packs a punch. Runs with square pads and leverage when exploding into contact. Defensive backs have a business decision to make getting in his way in the open field. Always falls forward and finishes.

Competitive Toughness - Things need to kick up several notches in pass protection but he’s a grinder as a ball carrier. Ran behind an egregious offensive line and poorly designed scheme and kept battling. Brings the fight to tacklers.

Versatility - Has no physical limitations to execute in any role. That said, he has a lot to prove before I would use him heavily in a zone scheme. Immediate impact likely comes in a gap scheme. Has room to grow as a receiver.

BEST TRAIT - Size, Power, Athleticism

WORST TRAIT - Pass Pro

RED FLAGS - None

NFL COMP - Mark Ingram

When it comes to physical ability, Akers has everything an NFL team could want in a running back. Unfortunately, those traits weren’t able to be fully deployed behind an erratic offensive line at Florida State and a poorly designed scheme from Willie Taggart. While Akers has an extremely high ceiling, some patience may be required as he evolves in a better situation to showcase his talent. In addition, Akers has to develop his passing down skill set. Akers has no physical limitations and he profiles as a productive starter in time.

Rastak
04-24-2020, 07:40 PM
Just leave it alone. They're with their family. Stupid

It is super sad and they were real close apparently. Still, it's condolences and recognizing their loss. I guess how it is received depends on the individual.

Rastak
04-24-2020, 07:41 PM
Yea, screwy pick for the Iggles.

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 07:42 PM
Oh wow. Hurts and Wentz. Good situation for him to get his fundamentals and mindset right .

Joemailman
Eagles take Jalen Hurts

JALEN HURTS
QB, Oklahoma

CONF Big 12 JERSEY #1 CLASS Senior HT 6'1" DOB 08/07/1998 WT 218 lbs

Arm Accuracy - More of a general accuracy passer than precision oriented. Touch throws tend to sail on him, hasn't found the handle on all arm slots and angles just yet. Like his accuracy when he's rolling right or upright and in rhythm. Hits targets over the middle in stride most consistently.

Decision Making - Has had some nasty lapses when working through extended plays, would like to see more commitment to taking profits and not trying to force ball. Ball security as a ball carrier needs improvement. Can get caught throwing into zones on over routes and long developing plays.

Progressions - Bit of a visual passer and as a result he can be slow to work off primary reads at times. Too often he'll lock into preferred target or his best player and freelance before he's got an available throwing window to slot a throw. Will need some coaching up in this regard.

Anticipation - Thought he missed some opportunities, particularly crossing over the deeper portions of the field, to feel soft spaces developing and hit targets in rhythm. More comfortable on spot throws in MOF and when going vertical as compared to working through intermediate traffic.

Poise - Smooth as the other side of the pillow. His lapses in ball security come from trying to do too much or too much faith in his arm, not because of panic or discomfort under duress. Thrives in backyard scramble drill and thrives with the ball in his hands as a ball carrier, too.

Arm Strength - He's got plenty of juice, regardless of whether he's stressed in the pocket and forced to push one out with all arm or able to step and stride into his pass Capable of pushing the ball downfield with comfort and isn't prone to hanging the ball in the air when going vertical.

Pocket Awareness - Would like to know where he hides the eyes in the back of his head -- instincts within the pocket are A1 and love the way he slides or flushes through open gaps to escape rushers. Makes some really unique plays to hold and extend -- if you're willing to live with the good and the bad.

Mechanics - He's got the arm power to get away with nontraditional release points and platforms. Makes a living on extended plays and has little issue with getting the ball out under duress. Very clean natural motion in clean pocket delivery, where he's most accurate with consistency.

Footwork - He's light on his feet, which allows him to pivot, redirect and accelerate out of the path of pass rushers. Like how nimble he is, although he'd do well to be more attentive to snapping himself back into balanced base once he's flushed off his spot to help his accuracy.

Mobility - Will kill you with his legs if you leave him in man and don't contain rush him. QB power and dive plays are very much on the table for teams who want to implement QB run drill. Would be well weaponized in offensive with a lot of roll outs, RPO and zone read.

---

Best Trait - Mobility

Worst Trait - Progressions

Best Film - Texas Tech (2019)

Worst Film - Houston (2019)

Red Flags - None

Player Summary - QB Jalen Hurts is a transfer from Alabama who has steadily progressed as a passer -- he still has limitations but the improvement he's shown over his last 3 seasons is notable, the arrow is pointing in the right direction. Hurts is a perfect Day 2 QB in today's NFL, where he can shine via on extended plays, mobility, play-making ability and comfort off script. Hurts' general accuracy may temper his overall ceiling but he's a developmental starter caliber player.

RashanGary
It is super sad and they were real close apparently. Still, it's condolences and recognizing their loss. I guess how it is received depends on the individual.

I'm super private so it would be offensive to me.

Deputy Nutz
WTF Philly?

pbmax
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
The #Eagles take… a quarterback? #Oklahoma QB Jalen Hurts is Philly’s pick at No. 53. Did not see that coming. But Carson Wentz may have a new backup… and it’s a QB business.

WAS SURE GUTE WANTED TO COVER HIS BASES AT 3RD QB. DAMN.

Gotarace
04-24-2020, 07:43 PM
Gute Drafting for the Eagles Now?

pbmax
04-24-2020, 07:43 PM
I'm super private so it would be offensive to me.

Is that why you are always changing your name? :lol:

Rastak
04-24-2020, 07:44 PM
Gute Drafting for the Eagles Now?

lol......

pbmax
04-24-2020, 07:44 PM
Dear Lord, he is now inspiring roster construction and play calling changes

Mike Garafolo
@MikeGarafolo
· 2m
Early prediction: Jalen Hurts plays a Taysom Hill role for the #Eagles as they groom him. They always like to groom QBs.

Rastak
04-24-2020, 07:45 PM
Dear Lord, he is now inspiring roster construction and play calling changes

Mike Garafolo
@MikeGarafolo
· 2m
Early prediction: Jalen Hurts plays a Taysom Hill role for the #Eagles as they groom him. They always like to groom QBs.

You can't stop him, just hope to contain him.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 07:45 PM
Everyone is getting BETTER. Rebuilding is so much fun.

Gotarace
04-24-2020, 07:46 PM

Brandon you been Day Drinking to Soak those Sorrows?

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 07:46 PM

Draft picks are rarely great in day 1. Gotta draft for the long term in mind

Rastak
04-24-2020, 07:47 PM

Your team made it to the NFC title game and drafts at the ass end. Can't expect fantastic stuff. I get the Love anger, I'd probably be pissed too. Then he lights it up and everyone is happy. To be continued, right?

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 07:47 PM
Epenenza and that DT last year gonna blast some cool stunts

Joemailman
04-24-2020, 07:48 PM
Bills take A.J. Epenesa

A.J. EPENESA
EDGE, Iowa

CONF Big Ten - West JERSEY #94 CLASS Junior HT 6'6" DOB 09/15/1998 WT 280 lbs

First Step Explosiveness - He doesn't have ideal burst off the edge and he's guilty of popping up at times out of his stance. When he's able to roll weight onto his down hand, he'll offer enough spring to create enough push to challenge the edge. He's much more effective in interior gaps or working after contact versus beating blockers to the spot.

Hand Technique/Length - My goodness. Packs a gnarly punch and his power counters are devastating in close quarters. His snatch and push/pull techniques manipulate blockers seemingly at will and his punch placement is consistent on the numbers at first contact to reset the line of scrimmage.

Pass Rush Counters - He's not the most diverse rusher but he's worked in ample tools over the course of 2019 to trust he'll win with counters. His inside rip is well timed and he'll steamroll through over-setting OTs. His best outside maneuver is his chop/rip. Long-arm is super effective too to roll back blockers and outreach opponent.

Flexibility - Doesn't illustrate a high level of lateral bend or lower half mobility. That said, he's super stout inline and if you task him with setting the edge vs. the run he'll win with leverage and stack to hold his ground. Not going to dip the inside shoulder with success. But it shouldn't be a hindrance given where he wins.

Run Defending - He's super effective here. Stacking up play-side runs consistently leads to a collapsed and firm edge of the D. Playing him in the B-gaps often nets quick penetration and he's instinctive to key on pullers and crash to the mesh point. His range isn't great in space but he's got great success in turning plays back inside.

Competitive Toughness - Stout. His anchor is super strong and only on a handful of occasions did he give ground off the POA. His motor runs hot and his second effort wins around the edge have come by looping back into plays or sifting through traffic to feel a QB climbing through the pocket. Power player at his core with hips and hands.

Tackling - His lack of lateral quickness and range is masked with wins to play on the plus side of the LOS and on account of his significant reach and extension skills. His finishing power to crash the pocket and get home to quarterbacks is quite strong and he's got some violent tackles when locking horns with the ball carrier.

Lateral Mobility - His ability to duck back inside on boundary rushes provides him with a greater pallet as a rusher versus what he'd otherwise have. He's effective to stick foot in the ground and drive to B-gap but when he needs to open his hips and drive outside he doesn't showcase spring or a lot of juice to win footraces to the edge.

Stand Up Ability - He won't offer any value to 3-4 teams who ask him to stand up on the edge. He doesn't have a promising profile to attack the LOS from wide angles and he doesn't seem to have the hip mobility to play out in space without wasteful steps and poor movement economy to mirror ball carriers.

Football IQ - He's done well to develop his rush counters and bring variety to his game. He's no longer a bull in a china shop and instead brings nuance, which he'll need since he doesn't have dynamic explosiveness in short spaces. He stays true to where he wins though and he illustrates quick instincts.

---

Best Trait - Hand Power

Worst Trait - Stand Up Ability

Best Film - Nebraska (2019)

Worst Film - Iowa State (2019)

Red Flags - None

Player Summary - A.J. Epenesa projects well as a scheme diverse talent. His value comes in traffic but his penetration ability on the interior is matched by his ability to drive and collapse the POA. Epenesa is an ace run defender with reactive quickness and terrific length and hand power. His variety as a power rusher offers upside that most players of his stature don't typically have and as a result he should be coveted in the 2020 NFL Draft by teams regardless of scheme. Base 4-3 DE or 5T at the next level.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 07:49 PM
Dude, AJ played right away at Iowa

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 07:50 PM
Iowa guys always seem to do better in the NFL for whatever the fuck reason

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 07:50 PM

Yeah, the Packers are going to suck balls

pbmax
04-24-2020, 07:51 PM
Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt
Best available after Pick 54:

Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise
Josh Jones, OT, Houston
Zack Baun, LB, Wis
Matt Hennessy, C, Temple
J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio St.
Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Mizzou
Neville Gallimore, DT, OK
Lynn Bowden, WR, Ky
Jordan Elliott, DT, Mizzou
Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 07:52 PM
You get an explosive, fast 290 pounder like Oliver and a stout hand fighter like espenenza, I like their chances to run some cool stunts!

pbmax

Abdul Hodge. Robert Gallery. Brad Lohaus.

Deputy Nutz
Is Mims a crack head?

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 07:53 PM
Zach Baun has no position on our team. TT woulda drafted him!

Joemailman
04-24-2020, 07:53 PM

You would thing Iowa would be a perennial Top 10 team with all the guys they put in the NFL.

SMBASS
04-24-2020, 07:54 PM

Iowa plays Pro systems on both sides of the ball RG. Not always the most shiny or gimmicky thing to watch at the college level but it prepares the guys for the next level.

Rastak
04-24-2020, 07:55 PM
Archie Griffin was fucking amazing in college.

pbmax

And Capers would have played him at nickel corner.

Joemailman
Ravens take J.K. Dobbins.

J.K. DOBBINS
RB, Ohio State

CONF Big Ten - East JERSEY #2 CLASS Junior HT 5'10" DOB 12/17/1998 WT 217 lbs

Vision - His wide/outside zone work is terrific, pressing the LOS with controlled pace — yet carries himself quickly and transitions fast thanks to high end processing and anticipation to break when defenders declare themselves to gaps. He's rarely busted without a cut and isn't put off or frazzled by early penetration.

Feet/COD - SMOOTH! He's jitterbug when he wants to be and a dynamic lateral cutter when he wants to be. There's no shortage of reps of him altering his base to step around, over or clear trash near his feet and slip to the boundary — all his cuts feature spring and allow him to snap back into upfield progress once he cuts.

Durability - Had a down year in 2018 and bounced back with a dominating performance in 2019 with over 300 carries. Proved capable of the bell cow role as needed and he's a nightmare in the secondary with how he'll physically challenge tacklers and drop a shoulder to make you think twice about taking him on high.

Balance - Contact balance is really nice, he's low and squatty to the ground but comes with a more dynamic base than comparable backs which allows him to catch himself from steep angles and drive through contact. Open field balance to string together cuts is strong and he's taken jock straps on the second level with high speed dekes and jukes.

Pass Protection - Got his wires crossed on a handful of occasions and been late to find a flashing defender bursting through a gap. His A-gap work is strong, he'll attack defenders and deliver significant blows to stonewall LBs dead in their tracks. Effort here is strong, too — won't have issues motivating him to bang in protection.

Elusiveness - Oily hips do well to open and get skinny as he slips through gaps on hard one cuts. He's able to contort himself with significant rotation to slip a spare limb. Won't find many guys who can bring him down from the side. He's got great wiggle and body control for his frame, much improved from his 2018 campaign.

Receiving Skills - Reliable outlet receiver who had some big plays left on the field by QB either missing him uncovering on wheel routes or by errant throws. Soft hands and is a natural hands receiver to pluck the ball in the flats and get his eyes upfield to set himself up to slip the first arriving tackler.

Short Yardage - Low build and powerful lower half will allow him to challenge narrow creases for a needed yard. He runs through soft challenges and has ability to fall forward in the pile. Not the most powerful bruiser but you better get him low in short yardage or he's going to put you on your back.

Football IQ - Natural rushing instinct and feel for setting up LBs when he gets some width out of the mesh point is tremendous. Quick to find the back door when POA is bottled up on inside rushes as well. Highly experienced player despite junior status and given his quick processor he should find success early and often at the NFL level.

Effort - Brings it in all phases of the position. Runs hard and he's not one to duck out of bounds without delivering a blow to his tackler when he's leveraged or pinned into the sidelines. He's a blue collar player and did well to find more explosiveness in 2019 offseason to set himself up for a big boost in draft stock.

---

Best Trait - Vision

Worst Trait - Pass Protection

Best Film - Wisconsin (2019)

Worst Film - Michigan (2018)

Red Flags - None

Summary - J.K. Dobbins is a future feature back. Dobbins' vision will allow him to thrive in a gap heavy rushing system, he's masterful in his press of the LOS and short area agility to cut and work to daylight based on defensive flow. Dobbins brings three down value as a feature back and his natural hands make him a threat for a top RB role in the years to come. Dobbins consistently wins his footraces to the end zone and teams needing life on the ground shouldn't hesitate to prioritize him.

RashanGary
Lamar Jackson is such a damn beast. Never seen anything like him. Vick always looked hesitant and unsure, but was so fast he made shit happen. Jackson is composed as fuck and runs like Vick.... A little work on consistency with his throwing fundamentals and he might be in that best ever conversation some day

SMBASS
Abdul Hodge. Robert Gallery. Brad Lohaus.

Brad Lohaus?? Lol! Did he play in the NFL too pb?

pbmax
04-24-2020, 07:56 PM
Brad Lohaus?? Lol! Did he play in the NFL too pb?

Two sports, like Bo and Deion.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 07:57 PM
Dobbins is from La Grange!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE1xO44FlME

Rastak
04-24-2020, 07:57 PM
Vikings are teed up for an OT. If they don't take one, I wonder if they have a line on Trent Williams.

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 07:58 PM
And Capers would have played him at nickel corner.

Hybrid DT/safety

pbmax
04-24-2020, 07:58 PM
Hybrid DT/safety

:tup:

Joemailman
04-24-2020, 07:59 PM
Dolphins take Raekwon Davis

RAEKWON DAVIS
IDL, Alabama

CONF SEC - West JERSEY #99 CLASS Senior HT 6'7" DOB 06/10/1997 WT 312 lbs

PROS: All the power and length you can want in a defensive linemen. Frame is engineered for trench play in the NFL. When his hips are leveraged, his anchor is tough to compromise. Plays with surprisingly good leverage for his body composition and fluidity. Illustrates good movement skills in all directions although I wouldn’t call him explosive. Incredible wingspan leads to a massive tackle radius and he frequently finishes through contact and outside his frame. Skill set translates well to defending multiple gaps against the run as a 5-tech. Delivers knockout punches with the pop in his hands.

CONS: Production steadily declined since 2017 -- why? A big jump was expected and it never happened. Needs to develop his vision to improve his pass rush plan and deploy it with better timing and urgency to develop into more of a playmaker and maximize his physical gifts. Doesn’t consistently see through blocks and find the football. Timing and placement of hands needs improvement. Can he develop a meaningful pass rushing skillset? The tools are present.

BEST TRAIT - Length, Power

WORST TRAIT - Pass Rush Plan, Vision

RED FLAGS - None

NFL COMP - Jared Odrick

Raekwon Davis was a top high school recruit in 2016 and he exploded onto the scene in 2017 with 10 tackles for loss and 8.5 sacks as a sophomore. While growth was expected over his remaining time at Alabama, it never happened. In 2018 and 2019 combined, Davis had 8.5 tackles for loss and two sacks, never making near the same impact as he did in his second season. With that said, in terms of length, power and heavy hands, Davis’ toolbox is loaded. He is a stout run defender that plays with great extension and can defend multiple gaps. His pass rushing skill set, however, is underdeveloped. If he can become more consistent compressing the pocket and more effectively deploying his pass rush plan with better vision and timing, Davis could finally take that next step. His physical traits are tantalizing and his best football could be ahead of him. He should factor into an NFL defensive line rotation early on with the upside to start in time.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 08:00 PM

He's Gary's replacement after he rookie deal expirees

pbmax
Raekwon Davis would have helped I think.

RashanGary
5 picks away from giving up on our season!

Rastak
04-24-2020, 08:01 PM
Vikes are on the clock.