PDA

View Full Version : What’s your early take on Jordan Love?

Pages : [1] 2

Vincenzo
04-24-2020, 06:10 AM
What a shocker first round pick, IMO. Lindy’s draft magazine had him ranked as the 6th best QB in this years draft class.
What’s your early feeling on Love?

oldbutnotdeadyet
04-24-2020, 06:21 AM
What a shocker first round pick, IMO. Lindy’s draft magazine had him ranked as the 6th best QB in this years draft class.

I feel the Packers believe they have found a formula taking raw unproven QBs and molding them into superstars, even though my personal belief is they have just been lucky with a once in a lifetime combination of Favre and Rodgers. Me thinks the law of probability will be a bitch...

ThunderDan
04-24-2020, 07:26 AM
A complete waste of a pick. He isn’t playing for 2 years with ARods contract at best and most likely not until 2024 and beyond.

Gute just put himself on the hot seat in my opinion. If we regress back towards 6-10 there is going to be rumblings in Packerland.

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 07:32 AM
. Me thinks the law of probability will be a bitch...

I would feel the same way if I thought bringing in QBs was a random roll of the dice prospect. But I have some confidence in the Packers selecting franchise QBs over organizations like Cleveland and the Bears. It’s not a stochastic process so I think there’s a far better than 50-50 chance this kid is the next successful face of the organization.

Bossman641
04-24-2020, 07:37 AM
However, there are some critical differences between the two choices. In 2005, Rodgers was a top-notch prospect some thought could be the no. 1 pick in the draft who inexplicably fell to the Packers late in the first round. This time around, the Packers traded up to snag one of the shakiest quarterbacks in the draft. Love checked in at no. 32 on Danny Kelly’s Big Board after a junior season in which he led all FBS quarterbacks with 17 interceptions despite the modest quality of play in the Mountain West conference; Rodgers threw only a total 13 interceptions in his two seasons at Cal. I don’t get why the Packers needed to trade up—they had the 30th pick, but gave up a fourth-rounder to bypass the Dolphins (who had already drafted Tagovailoa), the Seahawks (who have Russell Wilson), the Ravens (who have reigning MVP Lamar Jackson), and the Titans (who just gave a huge extension to Ryan Tannehill).

The choice is made stranger by the fact that the Packers are essentially incapable of moving on from Rodgers until 2022. He has at least $30 million cap hits in each of the next two seasons, and Green Bay would have to eat that cap space if it traded or cut him. It’s also worth noting that Aaron Rodgers is one of the league’s premier grudge-holders. Hopefully he’s on board with the team’s decision to draft his successor!

The Packers had a chance to improve their roster in the waning years of Rodgers’s career; instead they gave up assets to make a questionable choice about his eventual replacement, knowing he likely won’t play for at least two seasons. They tried to re-create the magic of the Rodgers pick, but seem to have ignored all the reasons the Rodgers pick was impossible to re-create.

https://www.theringer.com/2020/4/24/21234151/winners-losers-draft-jordan-love-kliff-kingsbury-roger-goodell

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 07:45 AM
“It’s worth noting Rodgers is one of the leagues premier grudge holders.”

Also, they can’t afford to get rid of him until 2022.

So Unless there is an injury, Love won’t see the field for two years. Is Rodgers going to ‘hold a grudge’ by tanking the team the next two years? Wouldn’t that just prove the Packers wise to draft a QB.

Seems the grudge holder will more likely get pissed and play lights out to make the Packers regret having to make a tough choice in 2022.

Bossman641
04-24-2020, 07:49 AM
I'm not worried about the Rodgers grudge factor. I'm pissed at the fact we drafted a guy who won't see the field for 2 or 3 years. This isn't the 90's or 2000's where qb's sit for years. You draft a qb to take advantage of the cheap years on his rookie deal.

Packers4Glory
04-24-2020, 07:56 AM
well, I'll say this pick makes more sense than Gary at 12 last year..but Gary at 12 last year makes drafting another project, one that is going to sit for the next 3 years barring an injury perplexing.

I liked Love a lot prior to the draft. If he's got the head they can coach him up because he his physical traits and mechanics don't need much work.

Upnorth
04-24-2020, 07:57 AM
If we get 2018 love in 3 or 4 years good to great pick. If we get 2019 love in 3 or 4 years then this will be stupid!
I would have preferred a wr or ilb...

Low completion percentage and low net ypa, I don't like at all.

MadtownPacker
04-24-2020, 08:26 AM
It was time to draft the future.

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 08:27 AM
You draft a qb to take advantage of the cheap years on his rookie deal.

Sure, it’s nice work if you can get it. More teams seem to be gambling on this model, but I’m not convinced it routinely works.

I believe the time to draft a QB to replace your franchise QB is before you need him. I’m not thrilled at the prospect of relying on a rookie QB.

Of course, there is a huge difference between the Packers and other franchises. Packers aren’t routinely drafting a QB at the top of the first round for a reason. Teams that draft the high QB expect him to play right away, mostly because the position is open.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 08:29 AM
I'm not worried about the Rodgers grudge factor. I'm pissed at the fact we drafted a guy who won't see the field for 2 or 3 years. This isn't the 90's or 2000's where qb's sit for years. You draft a qb to take advantage of the cheap years on his rookie deal.

THIS

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 08:32 AM
Good size, Good feet, fast adjustment, quick ball release, strong arm, accurate both in pocket and on the move, 27 Wonderlic

That’s what I like.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-24-2020, 08:36 AM
Good size, Good feet, fast adjustment, quick ball release, strong arm, accurate both in pocket and on the move, 27 Wonderlic

That’s what I like.

Poor man's Jason Campbell.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 08:36 AM
Talent is there IMO; said that for months

The bads: Decision making, bad reads, and character risk

MadtownPacker
04-24-2020, 08:38 AM

That’s what I like.How did he do on the condescending eyerolls test?

MadtownPacker
04-24-2020, 08:39 AM

Sounds like the good times are back in GB!! :lol:

Packers4Glory
04-24-2020, 08:42 AM

character risks? I've not seen that.

is it decision making or was it an offense thing having changed coaching staffs from Jr to Sr because Jr year decision making was excellent.

reading defenses is where he needs to grow. I think I saw he's fine on man to man but zones give him issues. that can be learned.

bobblehead
04-24-2020, 08:46 AM
This is the most glass half full report I read:

NFC scout: “First round for sure. I have him No. 2 behind Tua (Tagovailoa). Super talented, moxie, excellent feel. He throws the ball from all the angles: on the move, under pressure. Has vision. Had a lot of picks: ‘I’m just going to throw this ball in there.’ He’s under siege just about every time he drops back because his offensive line is not good. He’s got nowhere close to NFL receivers; they can’t get open and drop balls. He has to elevate his game on every play and elevate the whole team on every play. One of the best plays you’ll see was in the LSU game when he escapes the pocket and he’s out on the move and throws the ball across his body and it hits (the receiver) in the chest and he drops the ball. That’s just kind of him in a nutshell. I’d prefer it if he goes somewhere where he doesn’t have to play next year.”

And this is the opposite:

AFC scout: “I’m not a fan. Everybody else seems to be. Does he make smart decisions? I don’t think so. Average arm strength. Slow decision-maker. I don’t know if he reads coverages. Wide receivers have to work to make tough adjustment catches. Elusive, not fast. Everybody keeps telling me 2018 was different. Why did he regress? There’s a lot of excuses. Somebody’s going to take a shot here. I don’t know if it’s worth it. Some people have tried to compare him to Mahomes but I don’t see it.”

Fritz
04-24-2020, 08:52 AM
It was time to draft the future.

I was taken aback when I read that the Packers had taken this guy. I would have preferred that they had tried to move ahead of Baltimore and get Queen, or trade back and get an extra pick. Those were the scenarios I'd been hoping for.

Here are a few observations:

-It's crazy that Tex, the ultimate Aaron Rodgers lover (I waste no time getting into the bad puns), sounds eminently more reasonable about this pick than others on this board.

-No one seems to have mentioned yet (though I might have missed it) that this is also a huge, huge test for LeFleur. Can he develop a QB?

-More than a few posters are worried that Rodgers will take this news badly and be pissy. Two things: we've been talking for a couple years now that Rodgers is pissy, and getting pissier. So what's changed there? Is he going to roll his eyes even more now? Dude was already acting like a prima donna. Secondly, Would he be any less pissy next year if you took a QB then?

Here's another point about the "we shoulda waited until next year" crowd: this assumes that your future starting QB can just be plucked off a tree. Several posters have said Rodgers gets this team eight wins alone. So say he does that next year, but the rest of the team lets him down (because so many of you think the team is bereft of talent). They go 8 - 8, and draft 15th or 16th. From what I have read of this Love kid, he's got incredible physical tools, just top-notch. But he's as raw as a turnip and needs lots and lots of development. Those guys don't come along that often - each year you get your top top tier guys with the skills and the development, and in most drafts you then get a bunch of marginal dudes. A guy like this (incredible skills but poor development) is not likely to be available next year. This was a unique opportunity as I see it - the guy has mad skills, but teams saw a project, and who has time for that in the NFL? Well, not many teams - but the Packers do. IF Rodgers's health holds up, and that's a question mark, Green Bay (specifically, The Flower) will have two years to develop this kid. If it works, you got your franchise quarterback at the end of the first round. That doesn't happen often, Jackson nothwithstanding. And if it doesn't work, well, Gutey may hang on that choice.

-This is definitely the defining moment of Gute's career. If this backfires, then he's going to go down as a Ted wannabe. His first draft class outside of Jaire already looks shaky. This pick will define Gute's legacy. He made some smart FA signings last year, but you can't make a living doing that every year - it costs too much. At some point you've got to prove your mettle as a draft guru. This is the moment for him.

- The Packers are looking ahead. I think the win-now mentality is often the undoing of many teams. Case in point: the Lions. They got the ultimatum from Martha Ford to win this year, and so they did not take a franchise QB and could not trade down to get extra picks. So they got a very talented corner, but one they probably could've gotten three or four picks later. The mandate to win now cost them, I think. The Packers are planning for life after Rodgers, and this Love kid has the tools (though whether they can develop those tools is an open question). This organization is the perfect landing spot for that kid. IF Rodgers stays healthy, the kid has a couple years to figure it all out. Maybe even three. And the team has a fifth year option, so they'll know for sure by year four if he's the guy. If he is, you got him and you extend him. If he's not, you dump him, fire Gute (if he's not already gone or won a couple SB's), and start again.

- Oh, and GBBrandon, who is absolutely shitting his pants, has said that this kid is a character risk, and posted a link - and the link led to an article about marijuana possession. Okay, if that's his worst, then 90% of NFL players are dangerous character risks. The kid is probably dumb - he IS a kid, and he's probably arrogant - like all talented young QB's - and he maybe immature, and maybe is an asshat. But we've seen all that before. Time can help mature him.

-Finally, let's all look at what the Ultimate Talent Evaluator has to say about this kid. And I quote: "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

Sounds like it could work out. I'm willing to wait. But was it what I wanted? No. I'd be much happier if Patrick Queen were a Packer today. Or if we were talking about who the Packers would take tonight with their first pick at the beginning of the second round, and whether they'd package their two fourth rounders to try to get back into the third round so they could grab another high-end receiver or an offensive lineman or a cornerback. Or something.

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 08:58 AM
-Finally, let's all look at what the Ultimate Talent Evaluator has to say about this kid. And I quote: "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

"I like this. It's not true, but I like it"

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/0VBr5Mr48D-j7mSOSi7oYZVPBys=/967x77:3644x2864/1200x800/filters:focal(2033x538:2675x1180)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/55290227/usa_today_10069071.0.jpg

Zool
04-24-2020, 09:07 AM
And I've seen your flag on the marble arch
And Love is not a victory march
He's a cold and he's a broken Hallelujah!

bobblehead
04-24-2020, 09:09 AM
My early take on this pick is that Gutes is no TT. Trading back for capital and still getting any number of WR was the play. My bigger reaction....its a damn good thing Gutes is active in FA cuz he drafts like old people fuck.

run pMc
04-24-2020, 09:12 AM
Fritz for the win

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 09:14 AM
My early take on this pick is that Gutes is no TT. Trading back for capital and still getting any number of WR was the play. My bigger reaction....its a damn good thing Gutes is active in FA cuz he drafts like old people fuck.

Interesting that you use this comparison. I would not want to see your browser history.

pbmax
04-24-2020, 09:15 AM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91uKzpHrc0L._SX342_.jpg

Zool
04-24-2020, 09:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsxtImDVMig

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 09:18 AM
Love is a battlefield

Zool
04-24-2020, 09:25 AM
Kiper has the Packers in his "winners of round one" section.

Green Bay Packers
The pick: Jordan Love, QB, Utah State (No. 26)

I love this landing spot for Love, a developmental quarterback who had a rough season after the Aggies lost a ton of talent around him. He threw 17 interceptions (most in the FBS), but you can't blame him for all of those. And you also can't coach the arm talent he has. Yes, the Packers traded a fourth-round pick to move up four spots to get Love, but Matt LaFleur now gets a young quarterback who can sit behind Aaron Rodgers and learn, just as Rodgers did all those years ago under Brett Favre.

Rodgers might not like the pick, but he is 36 and can't play forever. He knows he's not on the clock -- he has been there. Green Bay still has the talent to win now, but I like the move thinking long term. And look for Green Bay to target a wide receiver on Day 2.

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 09:26 AM
Great, Kiper likes the pick: that's a huge strike against Love

bobblehead
04-24-2020, 09:30 AM
Interesting that you use this comparison. I would not want to see your browser history.

You're supposed to ask "how DO old people fuck bobblehead"?

run pMc
04-24-2020, 09:31 AM
Was expecting a protector (OT) or playmaker (WR) for Rodgers in R1 (OT, honestly), not competition for him.

If this is an investment in the future and a hedge against injury/mutiny by Rodgers -- there were times the offense looked like 2018 -- then I can warm up to it. I would hope the rest of the draft is more focused on finding players who will make contributions this season and make the leap next year. Jordan Love will need time to develop into a pro QB, so having a year or two to learn the offense and the MLF fundamentals, etc. will help him. I don't think this is a Hasselbeck/Brooks scenario where they develop and trade. It felt a year early to me because of Rodgers's contract and how much time Love will probably get paid to sit. Then again, if he's the real deal they will know and probably take steps to keep him and the QB tradition in GB going.

Agree with others that this will define Gute's time as GM, just as the Favre-Rodgers mess defined TT's.

https://twitter.com/pff_moo/status/1253526362410934273?s=21

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 09:35 AM
"how DO old people fuck bobblehead"?

I don't want to see old people fuck you either

Zool
04-24-2020, 09:35 AM
I don't want to see old people fuck you either

Now I don't even believe you.

call_me_ishmael
04-24-2020, 09:37 AM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91uKzpHrc0L._SX342_.jpg

Low key one of the best movies on the past decade. My two favorite actors in one flick, plus Marissa Tomei, boom!

smuggler
04-24-2020, 09:38 AM
Talented guy but disappointed with the pick because in the best case scenario he'll never play meaningful games for us.

wist43
04-24-2020, 09:38 AM
Regardless of how Love turns out in the long run, in the present it means reset.

It means Gute and company don't think Rodgers + the overall caliber of talent on the roster is capable of winning a championship.

I agree to the extent that I think Rodgers has declined to the point where I don't think he can carry a team, but given enough talent even Nick Foles can win a Championship.

Gute let the air out of the room with this pock, and it's going to hurt the team's energy and focus.

For all of those reasons, regardless of how Love turns out, it's a terrible pick.

Zool
04-24-2020, 09:40 AM
Basically everyone here, including me, has bitched for years about no backups for Rodgers. Now there's a backup.

pbmax
04-24-2020, 09:48 AM
Love is a battlefield

That turn in the middle of her rock pop run was really weird.

Now she tours as Pat Benatar and Neil Girado. Why is her dipshit husband and guitarist getting co-headlining with her? Bothers me every time I see it. Neil is probably her svenjolly.

pbmax
04-24-2020, 09:48 AM
Low key one of the best movies on the past decade. My two favorite actors in one flick, plus Marissa Tomei, boom!

If not Marisa, who are your favorites?

hoosier
04-24-2020, 09:49 AM

I believe he was trying to make a Full Metal Jacket (Sgt. Hartman) reference.

pbmax
04-24-2020, 09:49 AM
Great, Kiper likes the pick: that's a huge strike against Love

Todd McShay was recovering from the corona but after this pick, took a decided turn for the worse.

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 09:51 AM
Todd McShay was recovering from the corona but after this pick, took a decided turn for the worse.

McShay likes him. Bet 5K he would be drafted before... (can't remember which QB)

pbmax
04-24-2020, 09:51 AM
You're supposed to ask "how DO old people fuck bobblehead"?

Slowly and carefully, obviously.

pbmax
04-24-2020, 09:53 AM
Bet 5K he would be drafted before... (can't remember which QB)

Are you feeling feverish? Should probably get tested to be sure.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 09:53 AM
DAN PATRICK SHOW

Indy was moving up ahead of GB to get Love

DAN PATRICK CONSENSUS TAKE

Bit surprised; unlike AROD Love was not a value pick. Consensus was he was going between 25 and 35

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 09:54 AM
I believe he was trying to make a Full Metal Jacket (Sgt. Hartman) reference.

Likely. Someone ran a statistical analysis last year and found that 84.6% of all references are really Full Metal Jacket (Sgt. Hartman) references.

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 09:54 AM

Lindy's? They've always been about the worst resource you can find. Their goal has always been to rush their magazines out early, so they can make more money.

My feeling is to not trust Lindy's. :)

pbmax
04-24-2020, 09:55 AM
Regardless of how Love turns out in the long run, in the present it means reset.

Wrong. 2007.

It will only be a reset if Rodgers bails, which I don't think he will.

Posters who are thinking rebuilding are aware of what the Vikings have lost this year, right? And that the Bears have 32 veteran TEs on their roster?

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 09:55 AM
Are you feeling feverish? Should probably get tested to be sure.

Seriously, it's out there. He made a bet with some other talking head to donate 5K to the Jimmy V foundation if Jordan Love was drafted before another QB.

pbmax
04-24-2020, 09:56 AM
DAN PATRICK SHOW

Indy was moving up ahead of GB to get Love

DAN PATRICK CONSENSUS TAKE

Bit surprised; unlike AROD Love was not a value pick. Consensus was he was going between 25 and 35

AH HA!

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 09:57 AM
Wrong. 2007.

It will only be a reset if Rodgers bails, which I don't think he will.

Posters who are thinking rebuilding are aware of what the Vikings have lost this year, right? And that the Bears have 32 veteran TEs on their roster?

You just have to think rationally, and you'll see that drafting a QB high fills a huge need. Backup QB right now and future franchise QB.

pbmax
04-24-2020, 09:57 AM
Seriously, it's out there. He made a bet with some other talking head to donate 5K to the Jimmy V foundation if Jordan Love was drafted before another QB.

I know. Just jokes baby, just jokes.

https://y.yarn.co/aba8639b-33a6-4339-bc39-9d5f4ef6a2f1_screenshot.jpg

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 09:59 AM
AFC scout: “I’m not a fan. Everybody else seems to be. Does he make smart decisions? I don’t think so. Average arm strength.

I quit reading this scout right here. Dude has good arm strength.

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 10:05 AM
McShay likes him. Bet 5K he would be drafted before... (can't remember which QB)

I think it was Herbert--when the Love over Herbert talk hit a crescendo.

Packers4Glory
04-24-2020, 10:05 AM
I think Rodgers can still absolutely carry a team. Dude had no weapons outside of Adams and Jones. His down year was pretty ridiculous by any metric. It's absolutely criminal how this team has constantly ignored giving him potential high pedigree weapons, especially when Jordy was on the decline.

I do think this will make him pissier but in a good way. He went from having that chip on his shoulder to something else and less productive. I think having his NFL mortality shoved in his face is going to reignite that fire a bit and he's going to be out to make these guys look stupid. that said, father time catches up to everyone. I can see Love taking over in year 4 just due to age and injuries. I think we have 2 more years of Rodgers being one of the top guys in the lg.

Can we start the drum beating for OJ Howard? please?

Packers4Glory
04-24-2020, 10:06 AM
I quit reading this scout right here. Dude has good arm strength.
ridiculous. almost everything I've seen said he has the best arm in the draft.

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 10:08 AM
I know. Just jokes baby, just jokes.

https://y.yarn.co/aba8639b-33a6-4339-bc39-9d5f4ef6a2f1_screenshot.jpg

Is that Buddy Love?

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 10:09 AM
ridiculous. almost everything I've seen said he has the best arm in the draft.

Just watch about 20 seconds of highlights and you can see him fling it 40 yards off his back foot.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:11 AM
I think it was Herbert--when the Love over Herbert talk hit a crescendo.

Correct

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 10:11 AM
I think Rodgers can still absolutely carry a team.

Absolutely. And I'm expecting this draft pick to fire him up

Dude had no weapons outside of Adams and Jones. His down year was pretty ridiculous by any metric. It's absolutely criminal how this team has constantly ignored giving him potential high pedigree weapons, especially when Jordy was on the decline.

Can we start the drum beating for OJ Howard? please?

What will it take to get him, do you think? Be a really nice compliment to Stonebreaker, unless they think Funchess will be more in that role (doubtful).

pbmax
04-24-2020, 10:12 AM
Is that Buddy Love?

You know it is.

Packers4Glory
04-24-2020, 10:29 AM
Absolutely. And I'm expecting this draft pick to fire him up

What will it take to get him, do you think? Be a really nice compliment to Stonebreaker, unless they think Funchess will be more in that role (doubtful).

I'm not good with NFL trades like I am with baseball ones. So I don't have a great answer. they're publicly saying they want to keep all 3 guys but I imagine if you made them a fair deal they would move him or Brate.

Tony Oday
04-24-2020, 10:53 AM
I like the pick. 4 years of training for the backup QB and draft a WR in the 2nd and an ILB in the 3rd :)

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 11:07 AM
In 1992 Packer fans went bat shit crazy because the Packers traded a 1st round pick for some hillbilly who spelled his name wrong who was a 2nd round pick the year before and showed nothing his rookie year.

In 2005 Packer fans went bat shit crazy because the Packers drafted a Tedford disciple with a goofy throwing motion in the 1st round when the hillbilly needed help to get the Packers over the top. And fans were not happy. The Tedford disciple was projected to go top two, but most people didn't think he was that good. At that point all Tedford disciples (e.g. Joey Harrington) had failed to have NFL success.

In 2020 Packer fans are going bat shit crazy because the Packers drafted a Deshone Kizer clone in the first round when the Tedford disciple needs help to get the Packers over the top. Don't be on the wrong side of history again, bitches!

:)

Gotarace
04-24-2020, 11:11 AM
I personally think Gute severed us up a Shit Sandwich and a Luke Warm Cup of Green and Gold Kool-Aid...It's your choice if you Enjoy the Dinner Served or Not.

George Cumby
04-24-2020, 11:12 AM
I'm glad they picked a QB high, it is actually past due, IMO.

I know nothing about Love, however.

Guess I've been looking in all the wrong places.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 11:37 AM
It’s par for the course for this dysfunctional front office which is quickly becoming a laughing stock.

The message being sent is you can’t or are unwilling to get your HOF QB weapons needed but your more then willing to trade up and grab a guy that had production issues with talent deficiencies around him at Utah State. I’m sorry but if you can’t overcome those issues in the Mountain West conference and your some uber talented hidden gem then how the hell are they gonna do this in the NFL? Are the Packers gonna just give Love all the weapons in the world when they wouldn’t do it for nothing for Rodgers?

We’re not even gonna get the QB Rookie deal advantage. If he plays with this current cast of characters on offense it’s gonna look like 2017 all over again..

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 11:57 AM
I am a bit surprised no one has brought up the rumored ‘conflict’ between Rodgers and Flower last year. At least the discontinuity between the two with respect to preferred offensive strategy. Maybe that disagreement is part of the drafting equation.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 12:18 PM
I am a bit surprised no one has brought up the rumored ‘conflict’ between Rodgers and Flower last year. At least the discontinuity between the two with respect to preferred offensive strategy. Maybe that disagreement is part of the drafting equation.

Oh yeah, LaFluer was in on this. I could pretty much guarantee it being the idea of drafting a QB in the 1st round.

The organization is dysfunctional and its clear as day.

Mike Pettine can give up a rushing record in the NFC Champ game and “No Problem”. Give Rodgers a bunch of mediocre talent to work with in a new scheme and then trade up to draft his replacement in the 1st round. Like Rodgers ever had a real chance with all the scrubs they give him yet Pettine gets pick and pick and millions of dollars to work with and embarrasses the entire franchise.

DYSFUNCTIONAL!!!

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 12:30 PM
Does Gooooooooters really like AROD ? Maybe a stupid question or thought.....but maybe he's an egomaniac and he just wanted "his guy" in there.

THEN AGAIN...........we should've just traded AROD for Deshawn Watson then

pbmax
04-24-2020, 12:35 PM
In 1992 Packer fans went bat shit crazy because the Packers traded a 1st round pick for some (drunk), car-crashing, surgery-having hillbilly who spelled his name wrong who was a 2nd round pick the year before and showed nothing his rookie year.

:)

FIFY

pbmax
04-24-2020, 12:36 PM

Was first thing that occurred to me but Rodgers is here for 2 more years. So its gotta be solved with or without Love.

pbmax
04-24-2020, 12:37 PM

Lookin' Po 'Nub

Packers4Glory
04-24-2020, 12:38 PM
Oh yeah, LaFluer was in on this. I could pretty much guarantee it being the idea of drafting a QB in the 1st round.

The organization is dysfunctional and its clear as day.

Mike Pettine can give up a rushing record in the NFC Champ game and “No Problem”. Give Rodgers a bunch of mediocre talent to work with in a new scheme and then trade up to draft his replacement in the 1st round. Like Rodgers ever had a real chance with all the scrubs they give him yet Pettine gets pick and pick and millions of dollars to work with and embarrasses the entire franchise.

DYSFUNCTIONAL!!!

the defense has been given so many high picks. they keep trying to do it backwards. instead of building from the inside out they go outside in using up pick after pick on DBs. then last year after spending a ton of money on 2 edge rushers, they draft...an edge rusher with the 12th pick LOL WTF. someone has yet to explain that logic. I understand the Love logic.

Packers4Glory
04-24-2020, 12:40 PM
Was first thing that occurred to me but Rodgers is here for 2 more years. So its gotta be solved with or without Love.

3 years. why does everyone say 2?

Dead cap money if the Packers cut or trade Rodgers in 20, 21 or 22:

51 million, 31 million and 17 million.

pbmax
04-24-2020, 12:45 PM

Cap savings in 2022 dwarfs the hit I believe. Its not good, but livable.

smuggler
04-24-2020, 12:49 PM
Don't forget that you can split the actual hit over two years because of the post-June 1 rule. But this is a meaningless conversation, because Rodgers should - at least at this juncture - complete his contract.

Bossman641
04-24-2020, 12:53 PM
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/aaron-rodgers-3745/#

Im not 100% sure how to read this. Think if he was released after the 2021 season we'd have a cap hit of 17M for him as opposed to 39M if he's on team.

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 01:01 PM

That’s the dead cap money, but you aren’t taking into account the cap savings.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/overthecap.com/the-packers-options-with-aaron-rodgers/amp/

Rodgers has a $39.852 million cap charge in 2022 and the cost to cut Rodgers would be equal to just $17.204 million, a savings of $22.7 million. There is almost no difference between this and June 1 designation so the June 1 would make zero sense in 2022. A team acquiring Rodgers via trade would pick up a contract worth $25.5M in base value over the two seasons. That is the current going rate for the old QB so its probably a perfect match if he can still play.

wist43
04-24-2020, 01:07 PM
No matter how you slice it, this is a franchise reset pick.

We weren't good enough last year to win a championship, and we're going to be worse this year... combine that with the fact that the team that bitch-slapped us in the NFC Championship Game very much improved themselves - and you're on the outside looking 3 years down the line.

It's a reset pick, and they should begin looking at trade options for Rodgers.

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 01:22 PM

not for two years it isn't. Unless Rodgers gets hurt, which is reasonably likely in the next two years.

wist43
04-24-2020, 01:27 PM
not for two years it isn't. Unless Rodgers gets hurt, which is reasonably likely in the next two years.

Get what you can for him, as soon as you can... probably next offseason.

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 01:28 PM
Get what you can for him, as soon as you can... probably next offseason.

They might just do that, if Love looks like Rodgers did in 2007. But I'm guessing it'll take another year.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 01:31 PM

We weren't good enough last year to win a championship, and we're going to be worse this year... combine that with the fact that the team that bitch-slapped us in the NFC Championship Game very much improved themselves - and you're on the outside looking 3 years down the line.

Yep. Total waste of time to keep Rodgers any longer. This team is going nowhere. Gute had to have a perfect offseason to give us a chance. This is 3-5 year rebuild. Maybe longer with current front office.

Hope everyone had fun the last half of 2017.

pbmax
04-24-2020, 01:39 PM

So Kinlaw is better than Buckner? A rookie WR makes them better?

wist43
04-24-2020, 01:45 PM
They might just do that, if Love looks like Rodgers did in 2007. But I'm guessing it'll take another year.

Wins and losses for 2021-23 now no longer matter except in relation to where we draft.

This approach nullifies both the Smith contracts... I'd be looking to trade Z Smith now too.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 01:47 PM

I believe Kinlaw will be better then Buckner and quicker. Aiyuk was my no.5 receiver and he is replacing an aging Sanders that was starting to show signs of wear and tear.

Aiyuk with Deebo Samuel along with that power run game is gonna be amazing.

Lynch Surgically worked the board like a thing of beauty.

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 01:48 PM
If he's good.

1. We can win games if Rodgers is injured.
2. The defense gets scout team practice against the toughest skillset in football to defend, the mobile QB who can throw on the move
3. We have a successor to Rodgers

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 01:50 PM
I watched Love against #11 Michigan State in 2018 and the championship LSU Tigers last year.

Hes competitive, calm and isn't afraid to make a play. Never looked rattled despite constant pressure.

He's a tough, gritty kid with all the tools. We'll see how it shakes out. I didn't see anything that made me doubt him.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 01:51 PM
I will give my one saving grace. If in fact they know we’re drafting for 2021 then this pick does make sense. Rodgers will be another year older with some rust. Still don’t like the pick as I would of rather had Hurts or even some other QB prospects.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 01:54 PM

Better moreso than a Buckuq QB makes us :))))

And to your questions specifically, I would say yes

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 01:57 PM
I don't like that he seems less accurate against zone defense. I guess that's the worst trait, but kid is 21 years old. We'll see

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 02:10 PM
Wins and losses for 2021-23 now no longer matter except in relation to where we draft.

This approach nullifies both the Smith contracts... I'd be looking to trade Z Smith now too.

The faster they blow it up the better. Getting ready for a really long haul.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 02:13 PM
Definitely trade D. Adams. Can get something good.

wist43
04-24-2020, 02:21 PM
The faster they blow it up the better. Getting ready for a really long haul.

The Love pick set that in motion.

I agree, trade away what you can and build up some draft capital.

hoosier
04-24-2020, 02:24 PM

Don't go looking for Love, you're just wasting your time: Love will find you.

pbmax
04-24-2020, 02:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_1LP3Z6pW4

pbmax
04-24-2020, 02:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0LAs7X5ybE

pbmax
04-24-2020, 02:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4XiSFyYRE8

George Cumby
04-24-2020, 02:40 PM
From my exhaustive research, meaning I watch one highlight video from 2019, here's what I see:

Big, strong, athletic, strong arm, pretty accurate.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 02:42 PM
The Love pick set that in motion.

I agree, trade away what you can and build up some draft capital.

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/sharonherald.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/b/f8/bf8fd690-dc26-58bc-bd9b-0c62436c437a/5aa22d7456db5.image.jpg?resize=750%2C526

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 02:47 PM

Bullshit. This team has the talent to compete for a championship.

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 02:48 PM
Don't go looking for Love, you're just wasting your time: Love will find you.

Love has got a line on you

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 02:49 PM
Definitely trade D. Adams. Can get something good.

Maybe they cold trade him for Aiyuk

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 02:50 PM

If you set the standard at what San Fran has we're not that close IMO

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 02:51 PM
If you set the standard at what San Fran has we're not that close IMO

The KC defense stopped 'em, so I'm not convinced they are some impossible juggernaut to solve. Unless you just want to quit because of one draft pick you didn't like. At least we upgraded our backup QB position.

Packers4Glory
04-24-2020, 03:00 PM
The D Line outside of Clark is a problem.

Funchess is an upgrade offensively.

Let’s see what today brings. I hear Panthers may be shopping Samuel

There are Ways we can improve. But dtopping the run & getting another weapon or 2 for the offense is critical.

call_me_ishmael
04-24-2020, 03:03 PM

Do you really believe that? I don't think they were that close last year. Record wise they were good but they got smoked off the field by the good teams. And they passed up an opportunity for immediate help here. I don't have a problem with it, but it is a little Charlie Kirk thinking face.

call_me_ishmael
04-24-2020, 03:03 PM
The D Line outside of Clark is a problem.

Funchess is an upgrade offensively.

Let’s see what today brings. I hear Panthers may be shopping Samuel

There are Ways we can improve. But dtopping the run & getting another weapon or 2 for the offense is critical.

I would take Samual in a heart beat. He is a really good player who was simply beat out by other really good players.

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 03:13 PM
From my exhaustive research, meaning I watch one highlight video from 2019, here's what I see:

Big, strong, athletic, strong arm, pretty accurate.

Competitive and composed too. But sketchy decision making in zone coverage.

Competetivenss and composure are underrated qualities. He's got them based on the two big games I watched where he was undermanned and the odds stacked against him.

wist43
04-24-2020, 03:17 PM

Dont know how you figure that... we weren't good enough last year, and we're worse this year.

Packers4Glory
04-24-2020, 03:22 PM
Competitive and composed too. But sketchy decision making in zone coverage.

Competetivenss and composure are underrated qualities. He's got them based on the two big games I watched where he was undermanned and the odds stacked against him. there's a lot you can dissect from his 2019 from changes in coaching to talent depletion. Love said he tried to do too much and forced passes he shouldn't have. For whatever reason, which was a departure from his previous year.

either way he's got a ton of tools you cant teach, but IMO his weaknesses you can absolutely teach and you hope his football IQ is high enough to learn and grow in those areas.

Packers4Glory
04-24-2020, 03:28 PM
Dont know how you figure that... we weren't good enough last year, and we're worse this year.

worse how? the only downgrade from last year is at RT and that's assuming another full year of health from Bulaga. Funchess is a clear upgrade and should be the #2. I like Lazard but he's still a work in progress. Allison sucked. MVS sucked. Graham sucked. I don't think the TE drop off is going to be anything if we stand pat.

Martinez was great tackling downfield. we are worse i suppose if our new guy gets hurt.

I think at worst we're about the same as last year and offensively we should be better in year 2 of a new offense. Getting Funchess and hopefully a year of growth and improvement from Lazard.

defensively we're going to struggle vs the run again.

red
04-24-2020, 03:31 PM

i don't see how we've done anything but gotten worse this offseason, and the pick last night did not help this team get any better

meanwhile teams like the 49ers and chiefs have gotten even scarier

i think that with the lack of weapons that we desperately needed in free agency, and by drafting our (hopefully) future QB, gute has basically written off the last 2 or 3 years of the rodgers era. add in that i don't think this team was anywhere near as good as their 13-3 record last year, and i don't see how we're a real contender anymore

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 03:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoQZ0qmf-mk&feature=share

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 03:37 PM
Do you really believe that? I don't think they were that close last year. Record wise they were good but they got smoked off the field by the good teams. And they passed up an opportunity for immediate help here. I don't have a problem with it, but it is a little Charlie Kirk thinking face.

I don’t understand the reference but whatever. Packers invested a ton in their defense. It’s pretty damn good except against a few teams. They’re gonna get draft help and they have stormbringer and Funchess and Encyclopedia St. Brown back this year. And Rodgers is still better than Gallipoli and the whatever stiff Chicago signed. Always a concern about the tackles and injuries But who isn’t.

red
04-24-2020, 03:38 PM
worse how? the only downgrade from last year is at RT and that's assuming another full year of health from Bulaga. Funchess is a clear upgrade and should be the #2. I like Lazard but he's still a work in progress. Allison sucked. MVS sucked. Graham sucked. I don't think the TE drop off is going to be anything if we stand pat.

Martinez was great tackling downfield. we are worse i suppose if our new guy gets hurt.

I think at worst we're about the same as last year and offensively we should be better in year 2 of a new offense. Getting Funchess and hopefully a year of growth and improvement from Lazard.

defensively we're going to struggle vs the run again.

funchess is a JAG, just like the rest of the JAGs at WR

it was time to move on from bulaga, but we needed to replace him with something decent. i think we signed a pretty big downgrade

martinez wasn't great and not worth a big contract imo, but he was a dependable guy in the middle that could tackle and had some fire. we replaced him with a guy who has barely played in three years and couldn't stick around with the worst team in football.. instead of having 1 dependable guy in the middle alongside an athletic guy who is injury prone and sucks, we now have 2 guys at ILB that are very athletic, but suck and can't stay healthy

graham sucked, but we replaced him with nothing

i just don't see how we've gotten any better

Fritz
04-24-2020, 03:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoQZ0qmf-mk&feature=share

The Sturm und Drang of some of these responses make my reaction to Rashan Gary last year seem like that of a calm, measured, thoughtful mind.

red
04-24-2020, 03:39 PM
oh and btw, i've been listening to the radio all day. the national guys are just destroying the pick

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 03:40 PM
i don't see how we've done anything but gotten worse this offseason, and the pick last night did not help this team get any better

meanwhile teams like the 49ers and chiefs have gotten even scarier

i think that with the lack of weapons that we desperately needed in free agency, and by drafting our (hopefully) future QB, gute has basically written off the last 2 or 3 years of the rodgers era. add in that i don't think this team was anywhere near as good as their 13-3 record last year, and i don't see how we're a real contender anymore

Maybe they can improve at backup QB by resigning Kizer.

I seem to remember people bitching and moaning about the deplorable state of the back up QB position when Rodgers was lost for the year not long ago. So they address it and now THATS the worst pick ever.

OK guys. You’ve convinced me.

red
04-24-2020, 03:47 PM

I seem to remember people bitching and moaning about the deplorable state of the back up QB position when Rodgers was lost for the year not long ago. So they address it and now THATS the worst pick ever.

they didn't draft a backup QB, they drafted a future starter

if rodgers goes down this year, i don't think love is anywhere close to being ready to step in. it might be one of those years where we have to keep 3 QBs, they starter, the future starter, and a guy that can actually run a pro system if the starter goes down

texaspackerbacker
04-24-2020, 04:13 PM
There's two separate things here: whether it is likely or not that Love will be good or great over time, and whether it was a good idea to draft a QB/him in the first round this year.

Regarding the second thing, I was as much against that as anybody here. I have always said the disrespect I see for Aaron Rodgers is idiotic. Now, it seems like the team/Gutekunst is buying into that crap too. I expect to see Rodgers playing star quality football for the Packers for at least 4 more years, and maybe a good deal longer. And this stupid shit about him tanking the team? That's worse than idiotic.

As for Jordan Love, all of the good things about him pertain to natural ability. All of the bad things ought to be coachable. Throwing a lot of interceptions obviously is the diametric opposite of what makes Aaron Rodgers the GOAT. If Love has a lick of sense, he can and maybe will learn and become a whole lot like Aaron Rodgers.

What I said last night and what I say today is, what's done is done, whether any of us like it or not (and I don't recall anybody posting that they like it). It ain't the end of the world. The Packers without any improvement would still be very near the top, and there's good reason to hope that there will be improvement based on tonight's and maybe tomorrow's picks. So R-E-L-A-X.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 04:23 PM
oh and btw, i've been listening to the radio all day. the national guys are just destroying the pick

Because it may have been one of the most destructive moves of all time. People can say “what’s done is done” but they can’t unwind this thing. This has the potential to create such compounding damage. My feeling is this will be talked about for years to come as we struggle to maintain any sort of relevance.

Gute could not of done anything more destructive at this point and time. It took INSANITY to a whole new level.

I imagine the waiting list to get tickets to Lambeau will shrink of epic proportions. Very sad day in such a storied franchise.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 04:30 PM
It’s not fair to Jordan Love. He didn’t ask for this but he will not be welcomed by many. The guy is gonna be watched and criticized more then anyone ever. The pressure is gonna kill a guy that couldn’t even hold up to the pressure at Utah State.

Wrong time, Wrong Pick, Wrong guy.

smuggler
04-24-2020, 05:22 PM

Got smoked by exactly one team, which ended up being like 10 minutes from a championship.

By this logic, we should have given up halfway through '96 when we lost to seven field goals against Dallas.

red
04-24-2020, 05:51 PM
One big difference between the Favre-Rodgers move, and the Rodgers to love idea

The retirement idea was already hanging over Favre a head way back in 2002 or 2003 after Bert mentioned it, and never really put it to bed. Almost every offseason between 2002 and 2008 we were wondering if he would return. So taking a possible replacement made more sense

Rodgers hasn’t brought up retirement other then to say he wanted to play till he’s 40

Packers4Glory
04-24-2020, 06:00 PM
It’s going to be interesting. One of the beat guys was saying They wanted their own “guy”. This definitely signsls the end of the Rodgers era in maybe 2 or 3 years. I have a hard time envisioning then keeping him in year 4 unless Love looks like shit. We’ll have a good idea by then

Teamcheez1
04-24-2020, 06:03 PM

The retirement idea was already hanging over Favre a head way back in 2002 or 2003 after Bert mentioned it, and never really put it to bed. Almost every offseason between 2002 and 2008 we were wondering if he would return. So taking a possible replacement made more sense

Rodgers hasn’t brought up retirement other then to say he wanted to play till he’s 40

From what I saw last season, either way Rodgers wasn't playing out this contract or until he is 40.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 06:07 PM

If people wanna believe some Fairy Tale that Gute found this hidden gem at Utah State(that is coming off a horrible season) with glaring defects and he is gonna sit on the bench for 3 years and then all the sudden be some HOF QB then i guess let them.

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 06:29 PM
If people wanna believe some Fairy Tale that Gute found this hidden gem at Utah State(that is coming off a horrible season) with glaring defects and he is gonna sit on the bench for 3 years and then all the sudden be some HOF QB then i guess let them.

2 years. Plenty of traits based QBs from small schools and without insane production have done well recently. Josh Allen and Carson Wentz come to mind. We’ll see. It’s far from guaranteed. If they are right, we’re set up for 10 more years. If they are wrong, it’s a wasted draft pick. 50/50 that another guy drafted instead would be a difference maker.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 06:42 PM

I listened to a load of them as well; nobody would compare this move to AROD.

Gutebag must have fallen in love with Love. He got drafted where he should have...between 25 and 35.

Joemailman
04-24-2020, 06:56 PM
Don't worry baby, it ain't nothin' new
That's just love sneakin' up on you
And if your whole world is shakin', feel like I do
That's just love sneakin' up on you

gbgary
04-24-2020, 06:56 PM
i've no problem with the pick. it's not like they're a serious SB contender anyway. last year was a fluke. an entertaining fluke but a fluke nonetheless. they got lucky. Gute sees the reality of the situation and knows they're between a rock and a hard place. the cap is just making it even tighter. they need 6 good starters...CB, ILB, WR, OL, DT, and TE. they need to extend 69, Clark, Aaron Jones, and maybe even King. all that isn't happening in the couple of years Rodgers still has left as a "good" QB. he's down trending and costing them a fortune. he also doesn't like the system. this was partially a power move by Gute. he wants to make this HIS and MLF's team. MLF needs to be the man but Rodgers supplants him. he can't do anything with Rodgers. he'll actually get to coach Love and actually get to run HIS system. i think this may be Rodgers last season in GB. if not 2020, 2021 for sure. much depends on Love's progress and Rodgers performance and health.

Joemailman
04-24-2020, 06:59 PM
Because it may have been one of the most destructive moves of all time. People can say “what’s done is done” but they can’t unwind this thing. This has the potential to create such compounding damage. My feeling is this will be talked about for years to come as we struggle to maintain any sort of relevance.

Gute could not of done anything more destructive at this point and time. It took INSANITY to a whole new level.

I imagine the waiting list to get tickets to Lambeau will shrink of epic proportions. Very sad day in such a storied franchise.

I imagine you've lost your mind. Or you know nothing about Packer fans.

Joemailman
04-24-2020, 07:05 PM
It’s not fair to Jordan Love. He didn’t ask for this but he will not be welcomed by many. The guy is gonna be watched and criticized more then anyone ever. The pressure is gonna kill a guy that couldn’t even hold up to the pressure at Utah State.

Wrong time, Wrong Pick, Wrong guy.

https://media.makeameme.org/created/stop-being-a-drzgmb.jpg

pbmax
04-24-2020, 07:13 PM
all that isn't happening in the couple of years Rodgers still has left as a "good" QB. he's down trending and costing them a fortune.

He is the tenth highest paid QB in 2020 in salary cap terms. You have convinced yourself of a cap reality that doesn't exist.

When he gets more expensive in the out years, other deals will surpass him and he still won't be top 5. And the cap will go WAY up so his percentage will drop.

You really just want to blame him for everything but the QB doesn't conduct the draft Gary. And they had WAY too many misses this decade on defense. If they had two other guys nearly as skilled as he was, this conversation wouldn't be happening.

Its not the QBs fault the team forgot how to draft offense while it couldn't draft defense (relatively speaking, still a Top 8 team in the League).

ThunderDan
04-24-2020, 07:20 PM
i've no problem with the pick. it's not like they're a serious SB contender anyway. last year was a fluke. an entertaining fluke but a fluke nonetheless. they got lucky. Gute sees the reality of the situation and knows they're between a rock and a hard place. the cap is just making it even tighter. they need 6 good starters...CB, ILB, WR, OL, DT, and TE. they need to extend 69, Clark, Aaron Jones, and maybe even King. all that isn't happening in the couple of years Rodgers still has left as a "good" QB. he's down trending and costing them a fortune. he also doesn't like the system. this was partially a power move by Gute. he wants to make this HIS and MLF's team. MLF needs to be the man but Rodgers supplants him. he can't do anything with Rodgers. he'll actually get to coach Love and actually get to run HIS system. i think this may be Rodgers last season in GB. if not 2020, 2021 for sure. much depends on Love's progress and Rodgers performance and health.
But why extend ARod like they did?

I agree with what you said but ARods contract is a large stone around the Packers neck if you want to move on.

run pMc
04-24-2020, 07:22 PM

I love almost everything about this post. The level of hyperbole is astounding.

Packers4Glory
04-24-2020, 07:26 PM

I agree with what you said but ARods contract is a large stone around the Packers neck if you want to move on.
I think they were looking at year 3 and 4 of that deal and thinking if Arod looks like he's toast which I think would come in year 3 not the next 2, then they won't need to scramble to find their next guy. I think they see it as the best of both worlds. they can let Love blossom behind Aaron and be ready to seamlessly step in. Otherwise you're looking at a much longer rebuild trying to find your next guy.

It would have made more sense had they not fucked up the number 12 pick last year. That's what really tarnishes this pick. They're not selling out to give Rodgers one last run over the next couple seasons. they're hedging their bets.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 07:35 PM

I don't think there was much bitching, and even if somebody was they all wanted to sign an aging vet like Mcown

MadScientist
04-24-2020, 07:45 PM
My takes:
1) Love has enough talent to be an excellent NFL QB.
2) He needs some development time.
3) Gute is regretting the contract extension he gave Rodgers.
a) Rodgers arm strength is no where near what it was before the second collarbone injury.
b) Rodgers either doesn't have the ability or the confidence to put the ball in a tight space.
c) Rodgers deep ball has lost a lot of speed and accuracy.
4) Rodgers is still a very smart player, perfect for Love to learn from
5) Rodgers won't tank, he'll try to prove the pick was a mistake by being too good.
6) Despite going 13-3 last year, Gute isn't sold on the talent of the team talent
7) They will try to trade Rodgers after the 2021 season, and cut him if no trades are possible.

Given the above, it is the right time for this pick. Time will tell if it's the right person that they picked.

MadtownPacker
04-24-2020, 08:10 PM
Excellent post MadSci!!

You also forgot 8) He is White!

At least that’s how I feel.

George Cumby
04-24-2020, 08:14 PM

This gives me hope.

pbmax
04-24-2020, 09:15 PM

Good news is maybe they don't need to extend Jones now. :D

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 09:21 PM
Excellent post MadSci!!

You also forgot 8) He is White!

At least that’s how I feel.

Think about all the cool songs they can play over the P.A when he throws a touchdown pass? You can't beat that.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 09:22 PM
Good news is maybe they don't need to extend Jones now. :D

Jones is way better than this guy. There were some real deal 2nd round draft pick RB talent. They were gone when we picked. Just a puzzling selection. It can only get better.

Joemailman
04-24-2020, 09:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7xMfIp-irg

pbmax
04-24-2020, 09:33 PM
This rebuilding talk is ridiculous on its face.

1. Why sign Rodgers to the extension?
2. Why sign ANY of the FA last year?
3. If you signed them but have changed your mind, why not trade bodies to collect picks?
4. You partially tanked to help clear the decks of McCarthy. Why not do the same for Rodgers?

This isn't a team rebuilding. It is a team stuck with too many needs and too many vets. Confused might be the worst you could call it.

Or its a team that still plans on competing:

Ryan Wood @ByRyanWood

Gutekunst says not fair to Jordan Love right now to say the new first-round pick will be Aaron Rodgers' eventual replacement as #Packers starting QB. "We've got the best quarterback in the National Football League, and we plan to have him for awhile, competing for championships."

3irty1
04-24-2020, 10:01 PM
I just want them to hit on ANY first round pick. If it's a QB, all the better.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:04 PM

3. If you signed them but have changed your mind, why not trade bodies to collect picks?
4. You partially tanked to help clear the decks of McCarthy. Why not do the same for Rodgers?

This isn't a team rebuilding. It is a team stuck with too many needs and too many vets. Confused might be the worst you could call it.

Ryan Wood @ByRyanWood

Gutekunst says not fair to Jordan Love right now to say the new first-round pick will be Aaron Rodgers' eventual replacement as #Packers starting QB. "We've got the best quarterback in the National Football League, and we plan to have him for awhile, competing for championships."

What an absolutely Gutebag Ludicrous things to say. Just a stupid Gutebag comment. He spent his first round draft pick AND gave up a 4th to get a guy projected to be drafted around where we got him.

If he's not the heir apparent we need to send this clown the the insane asylum for doing this.

Just stupid to make a comment like this.

MadtownPacker
04-24-2020, 10:08 PM
Where will he get his plays?

https://youtu.be/-xDwq8NM9G4

esoxx
04-24-2020, 10:52 PM
This pick has the potential to tear Packer Nation apart. But I say:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QNEf9oGw8o

call_me_ishmael
04-24-2020, 11:04 PM
Jones is way better than this guy. There were some real deal 2nd round draft pick RB talent. They were gone when we picked. Just a puzzling selection. It can only get better.

Right. Henry ran through everybody in the SEC. this boy kind of did that in the Big East. Not a fan of taking players from places like BC.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 11:07 PM
Think about all the cool songs they can play over the P.A when he throws a touchdown pass? You can't beat that.

Will they play cool songs when we’re a 3-13 team? How do those songs go? Please tell me.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 11:10 PM
What an absolutely Gutebag Ludicrous things to say. Just a stupid Gutebag comment. He spent his first round draft pick AND gave up a 4th to get a guy projected to be drafted around where we got him.

If he's not the heir apparent we need to send this clown the the insane asylum for doing this.

Just stupid to make a comment like this.

Hasn’t everything shown you yet that Gute “isn’t that smart” and is an incompetent GM?

He should of never even gotten the job to begin with.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 11:11 PM
Will they play cool songs when we’re a 3-13 team? How do those songs go? Please tell me.

Sure, what ever gets drunk middle aged white women to get out of their seats to dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrZHPOeOxQQ

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 11:13 PM
When they have to trade Love...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWdZEumNRmI

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 11:19 PM
We all have a some questions about Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3Pr1_v7hsw

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 11:22 PM
2 years. Plenty of traits based QBs from small schools and without insane production have done well recently. Josh Allen and Carson Wentz come to mind. We’ll see. It’s far from guaranteed. If they are right, we’re set up for 10 more years. If they are wrong, it’s a wasted draft pick. 50/50 that another guy drafted instead would be a difference maker.

It’s pretty simple that the Love pick is disaster for several reasons. It’s not even worth debating anymore really. It’s a national joke. It was really bad and I’m not the only one saying it. It’s everywhere from locals here in GB that I am friends with to the national media. It’s not popular and anybody that knows football can tell this Love guy doesn’t have what Rodgers or Mahommes had when they were coming out of college. It’s another “PiPE DREAM”

I get it. Some people want to hold onto that small amount of hope like they have when the team is trying to recover and onside kick with 2 seconds left it the game.

The fact is the longer this offseason goes on the worse it gets. Gute is just passing up or not going after player after player as uses top resources on an H-Back and a big bruiser RB. Throw in the back up QB and these are all luxury picks. This team is no position to be making luxury picks. It’s just a total fail. We needed to produce a lot more then this for the show to go on.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 11:27 PM
I would agree with Brandon; we're getting blasted by so many outlets.

A few think the Love pick was "ok", but still very stupid to overpay and basically use a First and Fourth for a QB that people had rated so differently.

Even if you are ok with Love (and some like me think his talent was fine but hate the pick), at best it's obvious the value was terrible on paper

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 11:27 PM
R-E-L-A-X

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 11:29 PM
Rodgers was a terrible pick too. And Nick Collins. Favre was a terrible trade. The list goes on.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 11:29 PM
R-E-L-A-X

haha

it's all good. I'm just happy I get to take off the 4th round tomorrow !! lol

Taking Peoples jones would be the dagger; I might have to retire as a fan for a while...lol

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 11:30 PM
Rodgers was a terrible pick too. And Nick Collins. Favre was a terrible trade. The list goes on.

I liked the Favre trade

But I'm very guilty of not liking the AROD pick

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 11:39 PM

Ryan Wood @ByRyanWood

If there stuck with so many needs then why did they ignore those needs and come out with 3 luxury picks over the first 3 rounds using 4 picks to get them.

Back up QB is more important then a no. 2 receiver in the best receiver class since 2012?

A big bruise RB2 was more important then and solid DE replacement over “Team Northwestern”

An H-Back was more important then getting a solid RT(Lucas Niang) that had a chance to be a fixture at RT for years

Sorry but back up QB’s and Bruiser RB’s and H-backs aren’t even high $ positions.

These guys are Fucken Idiots and I can’t believe some people on here can’t see it. This is total garbage. Everyone should be outraged.

This is one of two things. They are either phasing into a Tennessee Titans style offense and rebuilding for that with JL being part of the plan or They are the worst Talent evaluators we’ve ever had. It’s that simple.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 11:42 PM
I’m so sad that some of you fear a rebuild and losing for several years but that’s what is coming.

The Fucken plug has been pulled.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 11:43 PM
They are moving toward a Tennessee way .to build a team and none of us saw that. Unfortunately we don't have the personnell to do this currently. And it might be a painful process and we'll see if it works. Short term, it's not going to help our chances of seeing a SB with AROD winding down

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 12:11 AM
They are moving toward a Tennessee way .to build a team and none of us saw that. Unfortunately we don't have the personnell to do this currently. And it might be a painful process and we'll see if it works. Short term, it's not going to help our chances of seeing a SB with AROD winding down

Exactly, and there are a few clues like the Jenkins pick last year. The Billy Turner acquisition. There completely going to what is going on in Tennessee. This year they get the right QB to fit it. That’s why Love was chased. He actually does fit the profile for that body of work I must admit. Rodgers really doesn’t fit it at his age and play style. That’s not his game. Rodgers needs an OC like Arians or McDanials.

Then they go get the 6’2 H-Back that can catch and block. Drafting Dillion in the second round is what finally gave it away and made it obvious. They will add the rest of the pieces over the next 2-3 years as we lose games and they get better draft positions.

This Super Bowl run is officially over. The bomb between Rodgers and LaFleur will go off soon enough as Rodgers already has this figured out. Rodgers isn’t stupid. Love will most likely take over at some point soon and Rodgers will be traded.

Bakhtiari- Traded

D. Adams- Traded

Kenny Clark- No Contract extension

Aaron Jones - No contract extension

Lowry- Released after this season

Wagner- Released after this season

Kevin King- Not Brought back

Adrian Amos- Traded

So yeah, there is gonna be a lot of losing and the run is over. The Rodgers era is also officially over.

I think the Packers might eventually have some limited success like the “Titans” but overall will be a mediocre regime.

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 12:23 AM
I hear voices on each shoulder.

One says we're completely revamping our offensive philosophies and moving forward to the future and that will have a negative impact on the present

The other voice says Gutebag just completely shit on himself this weekend and got owned. He just misread things while others read his move and trumped every card he wanted to play.

Either explanation does not bode well for the near future IMO

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 12:44 AM
I hear voices on each shoulder.

One says we're completely revamping our offensive philosophies and moving forward to the future and that will have a negative impact on the present

The other voice says Gutebag just completely shit on himself this weekend and got owned. He just misread things while others read his move and trumped every card he wanted to play.

Either explanation does not bode well for the near future IMO

Yeah, it’s so much “cumulative damage” that at this point the best case scenario is that we’re going through a massive philosophy change. The other option that we all wanted is dead without any chance of resuscitation.

I was really mad about it last night because I wanted so bad for Rodgers to get another ring with Packers to salvage some of the disappointment but it’s too far gone now. Rodgers is wasting his time on this roster and also wasting Gute/LaFluer’s time. And yes LaFluer was right in the middle of this whole change happening.

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 12:48 AM
I bet Belichick would love and appreciate Rodgers. That would be a match made in heaven for Rodgers to finish his career. You know Belichick would load hm up with weapons!!!

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 12:52 AM
well I was the guy who wanted McDaniels as our Head Coach and Eliott Wolf as our GM so I'm a bit out there

I also thought we had serious holes to fill to have a chance to complete with the likes of New Orleans and San Francisco, who are CLEARLY in win now mode.

If after day two you'd have told me before the draft we would have taken no WR"s I'd have dropped my job
If you'd have told me after day two we'd have taken no WR's AND no LB's and no OL I'd have shit on myself.

I'm still in shock; the deepest WR class ever and by the time we select again we'll be in the 20's of the WR list. Crazy shit

I don't think it's hard to see we need imimediate improvement and we were a playoff team last year but not of the quality of most 13 and 3 record teams. We needed to catch up as opposed to stepping backwards and planning for the departure of our two Aaron's.

wist43
04-25-2020, 12:58 AM
Exactly, and there are a few clues like the Jenkins pick last year. The Billy Turner acquisition. There completely going to what is going on in Tennessee. This year they get the right QB to fit it. That’s why Love was chased. He actually does fit the profile for that body of work I must admit. Rodgers really doesn’t fit it at his age and play style. That’s not his game. Rodgers needs an OC like Arians or McDanials.

Then they go get the 6’2 H-Back that can catch and block. Drafting Dillion in the second round is what finally gave it away and made it obvious. They will add the rest of the pieces over the next 2-3 years as we lose games and they get better draft positions.

This Super Bowl run is officially over. The bomb between Rodgers and LaFleur will go off soon enough as Rodgers already has this figured out. Rodgers isn’t stupid. Love will most likely take over at some point soon and Rodgers will be traded.

Bakhtiari- Traded

D. Adams- Traded

Kenny Clark- No Contract extension

Aaron Jones - No contract extension

Lowry- Released after this season

Wagner- Released after this season

Kevin King- Not Brought back

Adrian Amos- Traded

So yeah, there is gonna be a lot of losing and the run is over. The Rodgers era is also officially over.

I think the Packers might eventually have some limited success like the “Titans” but overall will be a mediocre regime.

I agree with most that, but we're not going to be trading all those guys. Rodgers yes, but Amos and P Smith will just walk after 2021. Hopefully they can trade Bak in a sign and trade.

Everything depends on how soon they are able to move Rodgers, what they get for him, and what his cap hit will be.

Long term, the best case scenario would be to fail spectacularly this year and next, and we can completely clean house.

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 01:12 AM
I agree with most that, but we're not going to be trading all those guys. Rodgers yes, but Amos and P Smith will just walk after 2021. Hopefully they can trade Bak in a sign and trade.

Everything depends on how soon they are able to move Rodgers, what they get for him, and what his cap hit will be.

Long term, the best case scenario would be to fail spectacularly this year and next, and we can completely clean house.

Well its gonna get hot and heavy real soon because Rodgers is a big time competitor and he won’t want to be involved in LaFluers tanking ways. The big thing right now is are they gonna play a season or not. I have a feeling once they get going again Rodgers and LaFleur aren’t gonna last long together on the same field. It’s gonna snap fast.

How soon can they trade Rodgers and what would the value be you think? Would the trading partner have to take on his full contract?

Radagast
04-25-2020, 01:53 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how those that criticize the loudest, have the least actual football experience or training. Like "Chicken Little" they run around claiming that the "sky is falling". The Packers "sky" is not falling, but evolving. Each season change is the one constant that is ever present. Players come and go, Coaches come and go, and it applies to management as well.

Most hoped that a need at WR would get 1st or at least 2nd priority in the 2020 draft. The final 4 rounds remain to still address this perceived need, and GM Gutekunst is fully aware of the Packers needs. Like a year ago, the acquisition of 2 fellows named Smith resolved many positional worries.

Drafting TE Josiah Deguara may at first sight look like GB went and drafted a too small and underweight player that does not fit the typical TE mould, but there could be a method to this perceived madness. Deguara is extremely strong and carries more weight than a "normal" WR. He should be more capable of withstanding those terrible hits that receivers get catching passes in the middle of the field. A suddenly appearing "4th" receiver that regularly catches and absorbs the hits while holding on to the ball, could force opposing defenses to change their pass coverage schemes. That may not be all that TEs Sternberger and Deguara could bring to the 2020 Packers.

GM Brian Gutekunst has not been perfect, he has made at least 1 poor decision sense he became the Packers GM. Yet it must be understood that as he prepares for the next season, he must also not neglect the teams future either. J.Love is certainly no threat to Aaron Rodgers now or until he retires, however we should not overlook how unplanned for things occur and there should be a backup plan in place. Love may just get the coaching/training/and seasoning that might find him stepping up one day as others have done with other teams.

texaspackerbacker
04-25-2020, 06:35 AM

Exactly. All of those things seemed true at the time.

texaspackerbacker
04-25-2020, 06:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7xMfIp-irg

This is the right song - probably or maybe - that we will be singing 10 or 15 years from now. Think about it, right now it's "All You Need is Rodgers" - no matter how mediocre the rest of the team has been, we have always been right near the top, you could pretty much say because of Rodgers alone. Is Love gonna be that good or near it? Who knows, but I wouldn't bet against it - not because Gutekunst is so intelligent or anything, but just because it seems to be the nature or destiny of the Packers to have that kind of QB situation. Ya know, Vince is still up there making things happen.

Can we put together something more than mediocrity around either Rodgers or Love, though? Sings point to no.

ZachMN
04-25-2020, 07:38 AM
No one can explain the logic of these picks. I was hoping to see some intelligent comments but everyone in the world has lost their minds at this point starting with the brain trust in charge of drafting. Good luck with that subpar D line and ILB set up you want to use. I would just have Alabama, Clemson, LSU and Aubrn's D linemen and LB's on my board and draft as many as I could. Worried about a backup qb? One year deal with a retread ex starter. You draft Prissy Erin's replacement two years from now. Draft a running back? What? Lot of those will be available in FA. 2 year prove it deal there. Don't waste my time with this logic. At this stage of the NFL you only draft certain positions...the critical ones. The rest you pick up form roster cuts. Minimum deals.

mraynrand
04-25-2020, 07:47 AM
No one can explain the logic of these picks.

I think the simple answer is that they are building Flowers’ offense. Love is insurance and the future. He’s there if Rodgers gets hurt, fades and/or if Rodgers just can’t get with the program. There’s a new sheriff in town and he wants to run his offense the way he sees fit. And he’s getting the pieces to do it.

ThunderDan
04-25-2020, 08:26 AM
Ryan Wood @ByRyanWood

If Gute really said this, at least the inferred first part before the actual quote, he needs to be gone. We trade up for a player and use up our first round pick on someone who isn’t going to be ARods replacement?

Your first round pick is your teams best chance to infuse your team with new talent each year. It doesn’t turn out that way most years but there are the most players to pick from to help your team. Not only did we use the 1st but we gave up our 4th also to get Love. That is a lot of draft capital to expend on a guy it isn’t fair to assume with be Rodgers replacement at some point down the road.

mraynrand
04-25-2020, 08:49 AM
If Gute really said this, at least the inferred first part before the actual quote, he needs to be gone. We trade up for a player and use up our first round pick on someone who isn’t going to be ARods replacement?

Isn't it obvious? He's trying to avoid a QB controversy scenario, avoid pissing off Rodgers (good luck). Set it up as the kid will learn at the master's feet for a few years, nothing set in stone, etc., etc. Best you can do when you bring in a successor when the current guy is not gonna leave (except feet first) for at least two years.

ThunderDan
04-25-2020, 08:54 AM
Isn't it obvious? He's trying to avoid a QB controversy scenario, avoid pissing off Rodgers (good luck). Set it up as the kid will learn at the master's feet for a few years, nothing set in stone, etc., etc. Best you can do when you bring in a successor when the current guy is not gonna leave (except feet first) for at least two years.

That is not what you say. You say something like, “Love has so much talent we couldn’t pass on him at that spot. He gets to spend the next few years learning from the greatest QB in the history of the league. We love his potential to continue the superb QB play GB has been fortunate to have into the future.”

mraynrand
04-25-2020, 08:56 AM
That is not what you say. You say something like, “Love has so much talent we couldn’t pass on him at that spot. He gets to spend the next few years learning from the greatest QB in the history of the league. We love his potential to continue the superb QB play GB has been fortunate to have into the future.”

That's what I might say, if I didn't have a pissy QB like Rodgers. :)

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 09:04 AM
FOR THE RECORD, and I imagine people bumping these threads one way or the other years from now, I have always felt Jordan Love had first round talent, and he was the wild card in this draft. He's my 4th rated QB and belonged in the 25-35 range.

But it was two years early and I'm still shocked that Gutebag donated a 4th round pick to move up 4 spots in front of teams that were not drafting Jordan Love.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2020, 10:13 AM
FOR THE RECORD, and I imagine people bumping these threads one way or the other years from now, I have always felt Jordan Love had first round talent, and he was the wild card in this draft. He's my 4th rated QB and belonged in the 25-35 range.

But it was two years early and I'm still shocked that Gutebag donated a 4th round pick to move up 4 spots in front of teams that were not drafting Jordan Love.

Way to hedge your bet. :) Now you can claim you were right no matter what happens.

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 10:20 AM
Way to hedge your bet. :) Now you can claim you were right no matter what happens.

HA; I enjoy being wrong just as much. Wonder where Frankie Neal and Odell Thurman are these days ??

I've been saying I liked the player for months. I don't hedge bets though. I think I've noted in here many times NO WAY to do donate my 4th round pick to move up for a guy who is gettting picked about where he should.

But I'm not blasting the player; I just don't agree with the decision at all

And I continue to like Gutebag in free agency but dislike his drafts

gbgary
04-25-2020, 10:36 AM
He is the tenth highest paid QB in 2020 in salary cap terms. You have convinced yourself of a cap reality that doesn't exist.

When he gets more expensive in the out years, other deals will surpass him and he still won't be top 5. And the cap will go WAY up so his percentage will drop.

You really just want to blame him for everything but the QB doesn't conduct the draft Gary. And they had WAY too many misses this decade on defense. If they had two other guys nearly as skilled as he was, this conversation wouldn't be happening.

Its not the QBs fault the team forgot how to draft offense while it couldn't draft defense (relatively speaking, still a Top 8 team in the League).

i'm talking about his % of the team cap. if it's over 10% it's a problem. history has shown that. they had to do a $ trick to his contract or they wouldn't have had any cap space this season. next year his hit is $36.3m. they're not going to be able to extend all their key guys or get impact guys in free agency. the extension was a mistake in it's timing and rate. add that to rodgers' down-trending and politics. their window is closed. they're spitting into the wind. the sooner they can get from under his contract the better.
i didn't say anything about their drafting. the end of thompson's tenure was very bad. they might be a top 16 team. somewhere between 16 and 7. that's not a SB team.

The Shadow
04-25-2020, 11:11 AM
Re-signing Kizer would have accomplished the same thing.

pbmax
04-25-2020, 11:25 AM
Sure, what ever gets drunk middle aged white women to get out of their seats to dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrZHPOeOxQQ

I have only one rule as an admin, no Bon Joni songs on the Packers board.

Violations will result in a severe admonishment.

wootah
04-25-2020, 01:37 PM
2) He needs some development time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ7uXX9K7Sk

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 01:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMO5Ko_77Hk&feature=share

That’s more like it!!!!

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 01:40 PM
Re-signing Kizer would have accomplished the same thing.

Exactly.

“Green Bay Browns”

MadtownPacker
04-25-2020, 02:02 PM
Brandon is the team supposed to do what they can for Rodgers to win another SB or what they can for the Packers to continue to be successful as a franchise? Serious question.

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 03:44 PM
Brandon is the team supposed to do what they can for Rodgers to win another SB or what they can for the Packers to continue to be successful as a franchise? Serious question.

I believe it’s an obvious answer. The team was one win from the Super Bowl last year. Yes, they overachieved but still had some key pieces in place. Further, I don’t believe Aaron Rodgers is washed up. You can make the same excuses for Rodgers that you can make for JL. First year scheme, lack of weapons, OL issues at times but Rodgers still had a decent season. He still made some huge throws under pressure that won us games. It’s not like he was throwing picks all over the place. The main problem is guys couldn’t win one on one and get open.

With all that said i believe Gute needed to have a very very strong offseason to get us over the hump. He needed to get Rodgers help and shore up the middle of the defense and patch a hole on the OL. He did none of this and actually the opposite which looks like they have totally switched gears and trying to set it up to try to win with a QB on a rookie deal. I believe it will be a gigantic disaster and lead to years of mediocrity. I don’t believe JL is the chosen one to lead us to the promise land. I could be wrong and if I am I would be shockingly surprised.

IMO, you could put Rodgers right now with Belichick and win Super Bowls right now. The reality is the Packer have been unwilling to do what’s necessary to accomplish this end result so just let Rodgers go because you don’t Fucken know how to use him.

I say WIN SUPER BOWLS NOW!’ Like I say I thought it was called “Titletown” for a reason.

You wanna fiddle fuck around with mediocrity then just keep on truckin with it.

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 04:01 PM
This Packers offseason has criss-crossed so many moves and visions that it’s a gigantic mind fuck.

There is zero clear vision to any of this. Collectively it’s a total Mind-Meld!!

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 04:03 PM
For all you currently in “Never Ever Land”

https://youtu.be/YfLlFwnPkEg

MadtownPacker
04-25-2020, 04:08 PM
I believe it’s an obvious answer. The team was one win from the Super Bowl last year. Yes, they overachieved but still had some key pieces in place. Further, I don’t believe Aaron Rodgers is washed up. You can make the same excuses for Rodgers that you can make for JL. First year scheme, lack of weapons, OL issues at times but Rodgers still had a decent season. He still made some huge throws under pressure that won us games. It’s not like he was throwing picks all over the place. The main problem is guys couldn’t win one on one and get open.

With all that said i believe Gute needed to have a very very strong offseason to get us over the hump. He needed to get Rodgers help and shore up the middle of the defense and patch a hole on the OL. He did none of this and actually the opposite which looks like they have totally switched gears and trying to set it up to try to win with a QB on a rookie deal. I believe it will be a gigantic disaster and lead to years of mediocrity. I don’t believe JL is the chosen one to lead us to the promise land. I could be wrong and if I am I would be shockingly surprised.

IMO, you could put Rodgers right now with Belichick and win Super Bowls right now. The reality is the Packer have been unwilling to do what’s necessary to accomplish this end result so just let Rodgers go because you don’t Fucken know how to use him.

I say WIN SUPER BOWLS NOW!’ Like I say I thought it was called “Titletown” for a reason.

You wanna fiddle fuck around with mediocrity then just keep on truckin with it.Thats a great explanation on your take and I feel that way somewhat too. I admit I felt the same way towards Favre’s end and it didn’t happen. Not surprised one bit a cold business style decision was made regarding Love. Hey if Brady can end up in Tampa should Rodgers really expect any loyalty? Shit he got his job on a hard business choice also!

Tanking like you say would mean trading Rodgers. That isn’t happening, yet.

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 04:19 PM
Thats a great explanation on your take and I feel that way somewhat too. I admit I felt the same way towards Favre’s end and it didn’t happen. Not surprised one bit a cold business style decision was made regarding Love. Hey if Brady can end up in Tampa should Rodgers really expect any loyalty? Shit he got his job on a hard business choice also!

Tanking like you say would mean trading Rodgers. That isn’t happening, yet.

Rodgers is as good as gone though. Look at this whole offseason. Add some cheap free agents to plug holes. Trading up for a QB in 1st round that fits exactly the scheme LaFluer holds precious to his heart. All these draft picks fit exactly what LaFluer was doing in Tennessee for that matter. There is a massive transformation going on.

It makes zero sense to keep Rodgers. It’s hurts both sides. All that is going to happen is a toxic situation will get out of control and spread like a malignant form of cancer. They must move swiftly and cut the head off the franchise for many years.

I don’t like it all but I believe at this point it is all but a formality.

MadtownPacker
04-25-2020, 04:20 PM
Agreed Rodgers exit has begun. Can’t say I’m sad about it.

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 04:23 PM
I believe Weak minded Jordan Love is gonna crumble like cracker getting smashed with whats gonna bet put on his plate. He won’t be welcomed. Packer nation isn’t good at change. Rodgers was good enough to win everyone over. JL isn’t!!!!!!!

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 04:25 PM
This whole “Horror Movie” ends with Gute/Pettine/LaFluer/Murphy getting run out of town with pitch forks.

Gonna be a lot of tough years to recover. I’ll be here though.

ThunderDan
04-25-2020, 04:57 PM
This whole “Horror Movie” ends with Gute/Pettine/LaFluer/Murphy getting run out of town with pitch forks.

Gonna be a lot of tough years to recover. I’ll be here though.

Feels like the Gary Anderson time at Wisconsin. You have an established formula to win and they bring in someone with a completely different philosophy and start tearing it down. Luckily for Bucky, Anderson quit and we got Christ to get back to Bucky ball.

Gute will get a few more years and so will LeFleir, the roster will be remade. I hope it works but if it doesn't it will take 2 or 3 more years to turn the foster over again.

Maybe we should have go e with JMac.

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 05:36 PM
Feels like the Gary Anderson time at Wisconsin. You have an established formula to win and they bring in someone with a completely different philosophy and start tearing it down. Luckily for Bucky, Anderson quit and we got Christ to get back to Bucky ball.

Gute will get a few more years and so will LeFleir, the roster will be remade. I hope it works but if it doesn't it will take 2 or 3 more years to turn the foster over again.

I was on the J Mac train. Murphy basically told him he had to keep dumb fuck Pettine and J mac said “No Thanks” and I can’t blame him.

So yeah J Mac and then I wanted Dorsey. I know things flamed out at Cleveland but that’s cause of Mayfied. Dorsey would of put so many premium weapons around Rodgers that your head would spin.

Mark Murphy has no business being in the position he is in. All he is good for is building up the titletown district.

If we had J Mac and Dorsey i have no doubt we’d be set up for a Super 4 year run.

Instead we’re gonna play smash mouth with Jordan Love. How Fucken genius!!!!! You can get guys like Jordan Love every year in the draft and good H-backs, Power backs, Guards etc etc every year. No need to go to this desperate style just yet.

We had some life left.

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 05:38 PM
There is nothing Genius Gute and Bitch Boy LaFleur are doing.

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 05:40 PM

WOW; yes, it does feel like Gary Anderson...who initially had success at WI due the talent left to him but with each passing year he changed things a bit to get players who matched "his system" instead of maximizing what he had.

Reporters noted he had a different philosophy about the weight lifting and the type of OL he wanted at Wisconson. Thank God he went away before he set us back 10 years.

I honestly never thought of the comparison; it's a sick feeling

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 05:43 PM
This whole shift just buys the Losers “Pettine, Murphy, LaFluer and Gute” more time.

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 05:44 PM
I was on the J Mac train. Murphy basically told him he had to keep dumb fuck Pettine and J mac said “No Thanks” and I can’t blame him.

So yeah J Mac and then I wanted Dorsey. I know things flamed out at Cleveland but that’s cause of Mayfied. Dorsey would of put so many premium weapons around Rodgers that your head would spin.

Mark Murphy has no business being in the position he is in. All he is good for is building up the titletown district.

:bclap::bclap::bclap::bclap::bclap:

George Cumby
04-25-2020, 08:07 PM
J Mac is a POS.

Let me know when he wins the Owl.

I don't disagree with criticism of Murphy. I'm definitely suspicious of that Ginger fuck.

hoosier
04-25-2020, 08:50 PM
It’s pretty simple that the Love pick is disaster for several reasons.

Several reasons, BS. There is only reason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0LAs7X5ybE

hoosier
04-25-2020, 08:56 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how those that criticize the loudest, have the least actual football experience or training. Like "Chicken Little" they run around claiming that the "sky is falling". The Packers "sky" is not falling, but evolving. Each season change is the one constant that is ever present. Players come and go, Coaches come and go, and it applies to management as well.

Most hoped that a need at WR would get 1st or at least 2nd priority in the 2020 draft. The final 4 rounds remain to still address this perceived need, and GM Gutekunst is fully aware of the Packers needs. Like a year ago, the acquisition of 2 fellows named Smith resolved many positional worries.

Drafting TE Josiah Deguara may at first sight look like GB went and drafted a too small and underweight player that does not fit the typical TE mould, but there could be a method to this perceived madness. Deguara is extremely strong and carries more weight than a "normal" WR. He should be more capable of withstanding those terrible hits that receivers get catching passes in the middle of the field. A suddenly appearing "4th" receiver that regularly catches and absorbs the hits while holding on to the ball, could force opposing defenses to change their pass coverage schemes. That may not be all that TEs Sternberger and Deguara could bring to the 2020 Packers.

GM Brian Gutekunst has not been perfect, he has made at least 1 poor decision sense he became the Packers GM. Yet it must be understood that as he prepares for the next season, he must also not neglect the teams future either. J.Love is certainly no threat to Aaron Rodgers now or until he retires, however we should not overlook how unplanned for things occur and there should be a backup plan in place. Love may just get the coaching/training/and seasoning that might find him stepping up one day as others have done with other teams.

I was about to post something about how Brandon is acting like an overtired three year whose parents just shut down his iPad for the night, but now I am worried that doing that might put me in agreement with Rada....What to do, what to do?

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 09:05 PM
I was about to post something about how Brandon is acting like an overtired three year whose parents just shut down his iPad for the night, but now I am worried that doing that might put me in agreement with Rada....What to do, what to do?

Explain it to me then hot shot?

Nobody had been able to explain anything to me how this team got better thus far this offseason or how this draft has kept up in contention for any type of Super. Bow?

Please. Please. Explain. Enlighten me with your knowledge? Lol

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 09:34 PM
I think it's hard to explain why GB will be better as a result of this draft.
I think it's hard to explain how we gained any ground on the better teams in the NFC.....Seattle/San Fran/New Orleans....and others.

We can say we're going to improve from within, If that is the best argument we have every fan of ever team can say that.

If you look at rounds one to three at all of the listed picks, there are not many, if any....top 3 rounds I'd rather have than Green Bay's

I respect Brandon's passion

I've lowered my expectations

mraynrand
04-25-2020, 09:50 PM
Nobody had been able to explain anything to me how this team got better thus far this offseason or how this draft has kept up in contention for any type of Super. Bow?

It's pretty simple. Love will have to spell Rodgers for 3 games and will have a 107 passer rating with 10 TDs and no INTs. Dillon will run for 1200 yards, and Deguara will catch for 800 yards and 7 TDs; Dillon will make the pro bowl as part of a juggernaut offensive equally balanced between smash mouth running, a creative passing scheme featuring Jones and a devastating play-action repertoire. Rodgers throws for 4200 in 12 games with a passer rating of 115, throwing to four different TEs, 5 different running backs and a revitalized WR crew including a dominant Adams and Funchess.

See how easy that was? And you can't prove me wrong. All you can do is demonstrate what a pessimistic, whining, tantrum-throwing baby you are.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

call_me_ishmael
04-25-2020, 09:58 PM
WOW; yes, it does feel like Gary Anderson...who initially had success at WI due the talent left to him but with each passing year he changed things a bit to get players who matched "his system" instead of maximizing what he had.

Reporters noted he had a different philosophy about the weight lifting and the type of OL he wanted at Wisconson. Thank God he went away before he set us back 10 years.

I honestly never thought of the comparison; it's a sick feeling

I agree this is really apt. Kind of had this feeling since he wanted to change all of the paintings of tradition, etc in the hallways of the players area at Lambeau. Such a contrast to Mac who came in just gushing about the history. I bet he’s more successful than Andersen because he has Rodgers though. It’s statistically unlikely he’s still the coach her in 5-7 years but I guess we shall see.

To be clear, I am not super down nor super up on him but nevertheless the notion of changing a successful formula is Andersen esque.

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 10:16 PM
It's pretty simple. Love will have to spell Rodgers for 3 games and will have a 107 passer rating with 10 TDs and no INTs. Dillon will run for 1200 yards, and Deguara will catch for 800 yards and 7 TDs; Dillon will make the pro bowl as part of a juggernaut offensive equally balanced between smash mouth running, a creative passing scheme featuring Jones and a devastating play-action repertoire. Rodgers throws for 4200 in 12 games with a passer rating of 115, throwing to four different TEs, 5 different running backs and a revitalized WR crew including a dominant Adams and Funchess.

See how easy that was? And you can't prove me wrong. All you can do is demonstrate what a pessimistic, whining, tantrum-throwing baby you are.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I’m not being a pessimist. I’m just being a realist. In fact, if you go back and read my posts you might see that they are the same things the media is saying “afterwards”

Hahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahhahahahha hahhahahahahahahahaahhahahahahhahahahhahahhahhahah ahhhahahhahhahahahha

mraynrand
04-25-2020, 10:20 PM
I’m not being a pessimist. I’m just being a realist. In fact, if you go back and read my posts you might see that they are the same things the media is saying “afterwards”

that just means you're a sheep. Baaaaaaa!

Zool
04-25-2020, 10:33 PM

No one here owes you a fucking thing. Some people like to discuss football and come here to debate points. You come across as someone who needs to be right.

hoosier
04-25-2020, 10:54 PM

You don't want explanations, you just want to rant. Have at it. :-)

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 11:05 PM
No one here owes you a fucking thing. Some people like to discuss football and come here to debate points. You come across as someone who needs to be right.

There is nothing wrong with needing to be right Zool; I'm right nearly all the time....lol

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 11:08 PM
that just means you're a sheep. Baaaaaaa!

No. I said they talk my points “afterwards”

Meaning my thoughts are already out there.

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 11:15 PM

Oh trust me, I wish I was wrong. I really do and I’m flexible with my thoughts and ideas.

Like if the Packers would of drafted Tee Higgins instead of mims I would of been like well they know better and hope we got the right one.

This is different. This is something evil and that’s why I am so upset. To not draft one single receiver for the past two years when everyone knows outside Adams our receivers suck and this year the strength of the draft was receivers is just evil.

There pushing Rodgers out and it’s wrong.

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 11:18 PM
I sure and the hell hope people don’t get mad at Rodgers when he goes and wins a Super Bowl somewhere else because this is nothing like the Favre situation.

texaspackerbacker
04-26-2020, 07:41 AM
I seriously doubt they are pushing Rodgers out. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Rodgers was actually in on the decision process that got us Love and didn't get us a speed receiver, not that I agree with either, but the fact is, these people took us to 13-3 and the NFC championship team last season. Just maybe they know what they're doing.

Vincenzo
04-26-2020, 08:44 AM
I seriously doubt they are pushing Rodgers out. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Rodgers was actually in on the decision process that got us Love and didn't get us a speed receiver, not that I agree with either, but the fact is, these people took us to 13-3 and the NFC championship team last season. Just maybe they know what they're doing.
No kidding! My 78 year old father said last week that the Packers probably have more Monday morning GM's than any other team in the league. He went on to add that the men that run the team have forgotten more than the vast majority of us know.

ThunderDan
04-26-2020, 09:28 AM

Here is another top 10 stupid thing you have posted.

It wouldn’t surprise me is ARod was in on the descision process to draft Jordan Love.

ThunderDan
04-26-2020, 09:30 AM
No kidding! My 78 year old father said last week that the Packers probably have more Monday morning GM's than any other team in the league. He went on to add that the men that run the team have forgotten more than the vast majority of us know.

I think that is true for all teams. The front office knows a lot more than we will even scratch the surface on. This draft confuses me and I hope they are right but I have a bad feeling about this.

oldbutnotdeadyet
04-26-2020, 09:55 AM
I think that is true for all teams. The front office knows a lot more than we will even scratch the surface on. This draft confuses me and I hope they are right but I have a bad feeling about this.

Yeah, confuses me too, but I've been a packer fan for a long long time, so if they really screwed the pooch, I guess I will have to live with it and hope I live long enough to see them win another championship.

GB-Brandon
04-26-2020, 10:39 AM

There is delusion and then there is just being not that smart.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2888484-peter-king-aaron-rodgers-is-pissed-off-after-packers-drafted-jordan-love

GB-Brandon
04-26-2020, 10:40 AM
Yeah, confuses me too, but I've been a packer fan for a long long time, so if they really screwed the pooch, I guess I will have to live with it and hope I live long enough to see them win another championship.

Gonna be awhile. So I hope your still in your teens.

pbmax
04-26-2020, 11:04 AM

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2888484-peter-king-aaron-rodgers-is-pissed-off-after-packers-drafted-jordan-love

King is making comments about Rodgers out of thin air.

esoxx
04-26-2020, 11:20 AM
Bach's comment was pretty interesting (assuming it was reported accurately).

GB-Brandon
04-26-2020, 11:27 AM

I don’t believe so. Lots of chatter. Where there is smoke there is usually fire. There was much optimism things would of gone differently and Rodgers publicly shared that optimism.

Anyone would be hard pressed to come up with a reason where Rodgers could be happy about this.

And when Rodgers does come out publicly and says he doesn’t wanna be a Packer anymore nobody has any right to be upset with him. He didn’t do this.

mraynrand
04-26-2020, 11:41 AM

Oh....It’s PETER King. I was worried it was his teammate. Peter King wasn’t all that great when he was Favre’s stenographer, either.

GB-Brandon
04-26-2020, 11:47 AM
I’m quite certain Rodgers will patiently keep his mouth shut and not make things carelessly heated up as he quietly plans his way out of Exile in Green Bay and into a situation where he actually gets what he needs to win a a Super Bowl.

Anyone would be exhausted dealing with these Mental Midgets in the Packers front office.

texaspackerbacker
04-26-2020, 12:09 PM

And there are people who actually believe the fake news media (let not this be construed as politics - those assholic media idiots infest sports too).

Sparkey
04-26-2020, 12:09 PM

Does anyone take anything Peter King writes/says seriously ?

The guy is a pot stirrer and click bait story writing hack

Bretsky
04-26-2020, 12:39 PM
Here is another top 10 stupid thing you have posted.

It wouldn’t surprise me is ARod was in on the descision process to draft Jordan Love.

NFL network discussed this in detail. They reported that Drew Brees was called and in the know that the Saints might draft Jalen Hurts if he fell to them. Also reported GB did not do that with Rodgers and just noted their GM put out a quote that Aaron is a professional...etc....and we figure he'll be fine with the decision

Bretsky
04-26-2020, 12:44 PM

King interviews a lot on 1070 the Game; He may be making comments out of this air; but the guy has shitloads and shitloads of sources. Most of what he says has substance

Joemailman
04-26-2020, 12:52 PM
If Rodgers is a little ticked off, that's not necessarily a bad thing. He's carried a chip on his shoulder forever. It has generally served him well.

wist43
04-26-2020, 01:15 PM

Best case scenario is ESB steps up, Gary and Keke develop into starters, and Burks finally figures out how to play football.

If those things happen, we can maybe contend next year. If not?? We're looking at 2024 at the earliest.

pbmax
04-26-2020, 01:21 PM
I don’t believe so. Lots of chatter. Where there is smoke there is usually fire. There was much optimism things would of gone differently and Rodgers publicly shared that optimism.

Anyone would be hard pressed to come up with a reason where Rodgers could be happy about this.

And when Rodgers does come out publicly and says he doesn’t wanna be a Packer anymore nobody has any right to be upset with him. He didn’t do this.

So far we have an imagined conversation by Peter King and a fake Ian Rapoport account.

You got anything else?

pbmax
04-26-2020, 01:21 PM
Bach's comment was pretty interesting (assuming it was reported accurately).

Where did you see it?

EDIT (found it): http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001111052/article/packers-lt-on-love-pick-rodgers-about-to-be-on-fire

pbmax
04-26-2020, 01:28 PM
King interviews a lot on 1070 the Game; He may be making comments out of this air; but the guy has shitloads and shitloads of sources. Most of what he says has substance

Find me any hint of a source here. He attributes this to no one. Its his imagination.

Now he could be right. Rodgers might be prepping to exit the Packer as we speak. But Peter King isn't reporting any of this, he is imagining this.

The long, full page of history from Terry Bradshaw to Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers unrolls slowly and after long years :lol: But if Mr. Jojo Starbuck and Mr. Interceptaverde Jr. have taught me anything, its that eventually team and vet QB's interests will diverge. We might be there or perhaps a year away. But Peter doesn't know anything we don't know yet.

GB-Brandon
04-26-2020, 02:13 PM
If Rodgers is a little ticked off, that's not necessarily a bad thing. He's carried a chip on his shoulder forever. It has generally served him well.

Not this time. This isn’t about being “overlooked” or “counted out”

This is being mistreated by a franchise that he has saved several times.

GB-Brandon
04-26-2020, 02:16 PM
Find me any hint of a source here. He attributes this to no one. Its his imagination.

Now he could be right. Rodgers might be prepping to exit the Packer as we speak. But Peter King isn't reporting any of this, he is imagining this.

The long, full page of history from Terry Bradshaw to Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers unrolls slowly and after long years :lol: But if Mr. Jojo Starbuck and Mr. Interceptaverde Jr. have taught me anything, its that eventually team and vet QB's interests will diverge. We might be there or perhaps a year away. But Peter doesn't know anything we don't know yet.

Give it some time Chief. It‘a probably taking some time to pull the knives out of his back and the stick out of his ass.

Geez

mraynrand
04-26-2020, 02:18 PM
So far we have an imagined conversation by Peter King and a fake Ian Rapoport account.

You got anything else?

well, this got tedious pretty fast. have fun with this guy PB, imma take a break.

GB-Brandon
04-26-2020, 02:20 PM
I’m sure Rodgers is in shell shock as many are after getting railroaded by the amateur collection of a Rookie Head Coach and 2nd year GM who have never done shit really but make this unpopular move.

GB-Brandon
04-26-2020, 02:23 PM
well, this got tedious pretty fast. have fun with this guy PB, imma take a break.

Tedious? Every main sports news talk show is talking about this. So were supposed to act like what’s there isn’t really there?

GB-Brandon
04-26-2020, 02:31 PM

Tedious!!!!

https://youtu.be/Xiryg9-bI20

https://youtu.be/D1t-GkA1j5Y

https://youtu.be/xpJOjgo1uso

https://youtu.be/_Fq2-W7kGqw

https://youtu.be/ZxVn8APodxU

There is obviously more out there too. Let’s not just stick our head in the sand and act like what’s real is not real.