PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment and your mental health - A sarcastic outlook

Zool
04-24-2020, 09:13 AM
This is going to probably come across as sarcastic.

If you're genuinely angry about the draft pick last night, you might want to take a step back and re-evaluate what you're doing with your entertainment dollars/time. This is already a taxing time on mental health for some/most.

Try to do something that brings you joy at least once a day.

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 09:16 AM
Try to do something that brings you joy at least once a day.

Bobblehead watches old people copulate. Does that count?

Zool
04-24-2020, 09:17 AM
Bobblehead watches old people copulate. Does that count?

I mean....yes?

I guess?

pbmax
04-24-2020, 09:39 AM
I mean....yes?

I guess?

Is bobble experiencing true joy or just an uneasy distraction? He could be just turning away from confronting uneasy realities.

Like the guaranteed Packer locker room divided story on JSO in exactly 2.75 years that is headed our way.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 10:07 AM
I love the draft. It is why I come back here every year. This is the best bang for my buck. The "Big D" 12 years ago help me put all of this fandom over the Packers in perspective. I could care less who the Packers draft every year, I just want to be entertained, and be able to play arm chair GM.

MadtownPacker
04-24-2020, 03:17 PM
Right on Nutty! Last night has mfers reaching for their emotional support animal and weighted blanket.

I LOVE how the shit went down. Please let there be a season.

run pMc
04-24-2020, 07:14 PM
I love the draft. It is why I come back here every year. This is the best bang for my buck. The "Big D" 12 years ago help me put all of this fandom over the Packers in perspective. I could care less who the Packers draft every year, I just want to be entertained, and be able to play arm chair GM.

This, mostly. The TT era trained me to just throw my hands up at any guesses as to whom they would draft. I still love the draft, the optimism that almost every player drafted will step in and contribute is downright crazy. The way teams lie and misdirect is absolute bonkers. They act like it's our nation's highest secrets or nuclear codes; it's college kids drafted to play a game.

It's still fun to play armchair GM. I almost like that more than the game itself.