PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment and your mental health - A positive outlook

Zool
04-24-2020, 09:13 AM
This is going to probably come across as sarcastic.

If you're genuinely angry about the draft pick last night, you might want to take a step back and re-evaluate what you're doing with your entertainment dollars/time. This is already a taxing time on mental health for some/most.

Try to do something that brings you joy at least once a day.

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 09:20 AM
I think you should keep both threads. One for positive answers and one for negative. Let's make this one the positive thread.

I enjoyed the draft and looking at the weird things people have in their homes. I also appreciated that some NFL draft picks had the good sense to tell their hottie friends or relatives to wear cocktail dresses.

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 09:25 AM
I confess I enjoy a little apocalyptic ranting. it can be very entertaining.

I also would immensely enjoy it if a QB prospect fell to the packers in the second or third round and they couldn't help taking him. "Best player available"

pbmax
04-24-2020, 09:40 AM
I confess I enjoy a little apocalyptic ranting. it can be very entertaining.

I also would immensely enjoy it if a QB prospect fell to the packers in the second or third round and they couldn't help taking him. "Best player available"

They have a LOT of late picks :lol:

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 09:41 AM
Ah, the Vrabel household gets even better:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EWVxPN7U4AAcrBI?format=png&name=360x360

hoosier
04-24-2020, 09:41 AM
I was a little pissed off last year when Gute drafted Rashan Gary at #12. It kind of brought me back to the days of watching TT draft guys nobody had ever heard of or would never have considered for the slot they were taken at (Justin Harrell). When I got up to go for a run early this morning, I was surprised to see he had traded up to take Love and, based on what I've read, I can't say I was happy about the pick. But whatever disappointment I might have felt quickly faded in the pleasant solitude of a 5:00am long run. While the Packer fan in me would have liked to see them do something more to help the team win now, I don't feel remotely qualified to judge how the pick will play out in the long run, nor do I have any emotional reaction to it.

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 09:49 AM
AZ head coach thinks he's Incredible:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EWVFMn_U0AAZKjU?format=jpg&name=medium

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 09:55 AM
Stick you positive outlook up your @ss

There, that felt good ........................LOL

TY for the support

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 10:00 AM
Stick you positive outlook up your @ss

there's a thread specifically designed for these comments :)

pbmax
04-24-2020, 10:02 AM
Ah, the Vrabel household gets even better:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EWVxPN7U4AAcrBI?format=png&name=360x360

People were posting last night that it looked like a MMA fighters locker room moments before the fight. But the powder room adds a whole other element to it.

Shut the door!

pbmax
04-24-2020, 10:04 AM
AZ head coach thinks he's Incredible:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EWVFMn_U0AAZKjU?format=jpg&name=medium

It was really something to see the spaces some of them have. A real East/West and city/suburb divide. Howie Roseman was in his kitchen.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:10 AM
MENTAL HEALTH; LET"S ALL JOIN IN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_8_pbu_cNo

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 10:10 AM
I am confused.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 10:11 AM
I love the draft. It is why I come back here every year. This is the best bang for my buck. The "Big D" 12 years ago help me put all of this fandom over the Packers in perspective. I could care less who the Packers draft every year, I just want to be entertained, and be able to play arm chair GM.

Zool
04-24-2020, 10:12 AM
I am confused.

Somehow I got a double post. Rand suggested I keep them both and move them in opposite directions.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 10:13 AM
You should never listen to him.

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 10:20 AM
I love the draft. It is why I come back here every year. This is the best bang for my buck. The "Big D" 12 years ago help me put all of this fandom over the Packers in perspective. I could care less who the Packers draft every year, I just want to be entertained, and be able to play arm chair GM.

A lot of people appreciate all you invest into it, and posting great stuff here. I hope you keep it up.

I went the opposite way. I got frustrated with investing time into researching players and then never having the Packers draft them (Steelers always pick 'em). So now I just wait, and look at them after the Packers pick 'em to see if I like/hate them.

One strange thing though is that my Dad has been out west for 20 plus years and he was telling me about how great this kid Rodgers from Cal was in 2004. This year he's telling me about this kid from Utah somewhere who looked great last year, but not so great this year and I should keep my eye out for him...

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 10:28 AM
A lot of people appreciate all you invest into it, and posting great stuff here. I hope you keep it up.

I went the opposite way. I got frustrated with investing time into researching players and then never having the Packers draft them (Steelers always pick 'em). So now I just wait, and look at them after the Packers pick 'em to see if I like/hate them.

One strange thing though is that my Dad has been out west for 20 plus years and he was telling me about how great this kid Rodgers from Cal was in 2004. This year he's telling me about this kid from Utah somewhere who looked great last year, but not so great this year and I should keep my eye out for him...

I really love college football, and don't get much time to watch games anymore as I am invested in the fall breaking down high school film to build a game plan for Friday nights, I sneak in a few hours to watch the Badgers play and then I back on the computer. So I enjoy it when I have a moment in late Winter early Spring to watch college film and see where each of these prospects have the best fit and compare them to each other. I like being a Mel Kiper Jr. That man is my hero.

Make it about the players, not the team.

Fosco33
04-24-2020, 11:56 AM
People were posting last night that it looked like a MMA fighters locker room moments before the fight. But the powder room adds a whole other element to it.

Shut the door!

That’s a reflection. Prob a kid in shorts on a chair.

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 11:59 AM
That’s a reflection. Prob a kid in shorts on a chair.

‘Probably’. :)

texaspackerbacker
04-24-2020, 04:23 PM
This is going to probably come across as sarcastic.

If you're genuinely angry about the draft pick last night, you might want to take a step back and re-evaluate what you're doing with your entertainment dollars/time. This is already a taxing time on mental health for some/most.

Try to do something that brings you joy at least once a day.

When you're right, you're right - and it sure ain't often, Zool. I said pretty much the same thing last night. The way to maintain sanity is to reconcile this pick in our minds and hope for the best. There ain't a time warp or something that is gonna change who the Packers picked. We just need to go on from here and hope things get better tonight and tomorrow. I think they will, but then again, I'm an optimist.

Fosco33
04-24-2020, 04:26 PM
‘Probably’. :)

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/espn-mike-vrabel-nfl-draft-poop/1lp2ydpbl9bel1x2aa0gttcjq2

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 04:55 PM
When you're right, you're right - and it sure ain't often, Zool. I said pretty much the same thing last night. The way to maintain sanity is to reconcile this pick in our minds and hope for the best. There ain't a time warp or something that is gonna change who the Packers picked. We just need to go on from here and hope things get better tonight and tomorrow. I think they will, but then again, I'm an optimist.

This is why I love you, real man love. I can't wait to go antiquing with you.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 05:01 PM
Also for my mental health. AJ Hawk looks like a goddamn serial killer. Nicest guy in the world but he looks like a motherfucking ice cold killer, especially smoking that cigar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8rC3xSY39s

run pMc
04-24-2020, 07:09 PM
Mike Vrabel's war room/MMA green room was pure awesomeness. That's going to live on for a while.

Speaking of staying sane - I wouldn't be surprised if they are all Frozoned and roided, being quarantined with 18/19 year old teens.

As for the draft, I'm with those who appreciate the work people put in to rank and list players. I'm also in the group that has players I'd like GB to draft but don't expect them to. I often dislike or scratch my head at many of the picks, but once camps start I'm rooting for them. And yes, people take it way too seriously sometimes. It is a game after all, and there are more important things in life, like your mental health.